This shit is getting out of hand

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it really annoys you that much, maybe you should just use the ignore button. It's there specifically for that purpose.

• Love
Reactions: Hydronine
As has been said thus far in more clear and lengthly ways, please just avoid those threads if they are such an irritating thing for you. Some people such as myself do enjoy them and their randomness, and everyone is welcome to make threads they themselves believe they'd enjoy, structured or not. You are no exception to that, and you are also not forced to look in any of those threads or the GC forum as a whole. I'm not telling you that you can't hate them, but what I am saying is you need to respect that not everyone shares your views about them as a problem.
I do respect them; but, it sometimes gets out of hand with threads like, "SS Iwaku".

If the name of the thread is similar to a Nazi troop's name, then there's something wrong with the thread and people, who would defend it.

You can't avoid things like that.

I do respect them; but, it sometimes gets out of hand with threads like, "SS Iwaku".

If the name of the thread is similar to a Nazi troop's name, then there's something wrong with the thread and people, who would defend it.

You can't avoid things like that.
In that case I can sympathize with you and your mild annoyance. I agree it can get a bit old, and I do apologize I posted on the misunderstanding ^^

Perhaps next time you feel the need to rant, type it on a Word document. That way you get it all out, but you don't post it here and make Diana mad. And you can delete it when you're done. =)

Reactions: Esmeray and Hana
Lol, the 'S.S.' part of that is not based on anything Nazi-related. Gwazi wasn't the first one to coin the term, it was me and Sen. It's a shipping name.

*shrugs* Maybe there's something wrong with us, maybe not. But you shouldn't not-so-subtly imply that.

But S.S. is also a designation for ships. S.S. Anne, anyone?
True; but, most would think that the SS was pointed towards the Nazi troop.

EDIT: Plus, the 'revolution' part of the thread's name doesn't point to a ship's name more like a troop's name.

True; but, most would think that the SS was pointed towards the Nazi troop.

EDIT: Plus, the 'revolution' part of the thread's name doesn't point to a ship's name more like a troop's name.
Point. It wasn't the meaning Sen and I originally intended it for, it all started in the shipping thread. 'S.S. Iwaku' was a ship name for me, Sen and chainedfiction.

I don't know when people started to warp the meaning into something else entirely, but oh well. We weren't using it for any malicious meanings at all.

Point. It wasn't the meaning Sen and I originally intended it for, it all started in the shipping thread. 'S.S. Iwaku' was a ship name for me, Sen and chainedfiction.

I don't know when people started to warp the meaning into something else entirely, but oh well. We weren't using it for any malicious meanings at all.
I understand that you guys didn't mean to be similar to the Nazi unit.

But, if you Google just 'SS' and search it, you would just find history about the unit rather than ship names.

Again, I am not looking to argue with you about this. I just used it to explain why I am tried of threads, that are just plain random.

It'll be finished eventually. xD People do move on from topics though some take longer than usual. Remember the 'Munging', 'Charizarding', and '7/11' threads? Those ones just left me with a surreal, dreamlike quality after reading through the posts.

*steers Rare quietly away from this line of argument*

I don't ... think... the majority saw that as a Nazi reference... except for Gwazi, who changed his avatar to a Nazi stormtrooper version of John Simm or something.

But still... we can't start policing the names of threads, even if they are ambiguous.

Sure, if the staff see something called Hitler will return to gas all of you Jew faggots, then maybe they'll jump on it. But SS Iwaku Revolution? That's got a lot of nuances... not just the endorsement of the Third Reich.

If we start reading offense into ambiguous thread titles, the trolls will win even sooner. Their goal is make you waste the most emotional investment in the quickest amount of time and with the least effort.

It's all about the feeding. Trolls are hypoglycemic.

I honestly did misread it was meaning a Nazi reference.

Which I assumed was natural since you know, revolution.
The Nazi's did a revolution, and the admins here actually do a good job (so a legit revolution shouldn't even be needed).
It made sense, to me at least.

But yea, I was never trying to voice support for Nazi beliefs or anything.
Hell I figured it was the opposite, helping highlight how realistically silly such a thing would actually be. :P
That and people will do similliar meme's with stuff like mother lands that gets awfully close to communism.
So I figured the other direction (done in harmless humor) was fine as well.

Communism, the most distasteful of references.

Reactions: chainedfiction
Well I'm at the point that I really don't have much to say since I have no idea what S.S Iwaku is and what happened with that stuff. Although, where I am from the "S.S." part of names implies that it's a ship. You are bringing up Nazi things and I literally have no idea what you are talking about. That's coming from a history nut. I applaud the fact that you are well versed in the history of Hitler, world war two, nazis, and what have you, but most people are not THAT thorough when they learn about that kind of topic. Thus, people will most likely view "S.S." as the name for a ship or club.

So if that's the cause of all this, then I honestly believe you are starting to derive from ranting about shitposting to just problems you have with things you don't in particularly like or even understand. In which case you need to go smoke some weed for an hour and relax lol

Another piece of advice is that you should focus on yourself rather than what other people are doing. Who cares what people post in the general thread? It doesn't hurt you physically or mentally at all thus there's no real reason to make a fuss over it. Honestly man, don't get worked up over nothing. lol

I could be totally misunderstanding whats going on though :P

• Love
Reactions: Mu and Hana
I applaud the fact that you are well versed in the history of Hitler, world war two, nazis, and what have you, but most people are not THAT thorough when they learn about that kind of topic.
Actually where I live learning about the Nazi's SS unit is actually part of History class.
There's no specific unit on them, but they come up a lot being a big weapon of the Nazis and all.

So for a lot of people knowledge of the SS is common knowledge, not this really foreign/alien knowledge that you seem to think it is.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Status
Not open for further replies.