ThinkerRock Camp for Young Superheroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Well, don't let me stop you, I just figured we didn't want too many of one character type.

Not sure how many Sweetie pies we have though.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Basic Information
Name:
Kang-Dae 'Cody' Park
Nickname/Alias/Etc: Poltergeist/Ghost/Cody/KD
Height: 4'1"
Weight: 57 lbs
Reason for Attendance: His social worker thought it would be best.
Appearance
Hair Color:
Black
Eye Color: Brown
Ethnicity: Korean-American
Physical Appearance: Cody is a small boy with chubby cheeks and skinny arms and legs. He has a bit of a baby face and his eyes are perpetually wide and bright. His hair is usually tussled and unruly, and his skin is free of blemishes due to his lack of going outdoors.
Attire: Turtlenecks, muffler scarves and cargo pants are his style. He likes to wear things that are comfortable and cover him up. He hates hats though and will never wear one unless forced.
Personality
Personality:
Cody is possibly the most nervous and anxiety ridden eight year old ever to walk the earth. Everything scares him, so he's almost always invisible. He's a big pushover and will let people speak for him and take things from him without standing up for himself. He can't stand it when people raise their voices and will hide (or turn imperceptible). He also has selective mutism, so unless you're the nicest person ever with the world's softest voice, he won't speak to you. His vocal range consists of "Uhh..." and "Um..." and he will freeze up when confronted. That being said, if he gets used to someone, he'll open up and talk up a storm (a very quiet one as he never raises his voice except to scream in terror).
Hobbies/Interests: Daydreaming, reading, building extensive cities with legos and blocks.
Skills/Talents: Cody can read at a sixth grade level, and he's not half bad in science and math. He's also very good with building things and thinking logically.
Prized Possession: The green floral blanket that his parents wrapped him in before they gave him up.
Quote(s): "Uhh..."
History/Bio: Cody was given up by his parents when he was two. His parents just didn't have enough money to support him and didn't want him to suffer so they left him at the local firehouse. Cody was taken in by the orphanage in the next city over, and because of his young age, he was adopted quite easily. However, Cody's powers began surfacing quite early and he was returned to the orphanage many times, because he would disappear right before his new family's eyes and then reappear, successfully scaring the life out of them. He didn't mean to do any of that, it was out of his control and seemingly controlled by his emotions. Whenever he felt shy or nervous he would just activate his power and when he felt calmer he would deactivate it.
He ended up being adopted by six different families and each time he was given up again at least three days after the initial adoption. Finally his social worker put a hold on his case and sent him to Camp Thunderrock so he could get a handle on his powers and be placed in a forever home for good.
Family: Unknown Mother. Unknown Father.
Relationships
(Basically a section where you put your character's thoughts on the other ones they've encountered. You can also talk to other people and decide what your characters relations will be.)
[Character name] | [Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral]] | [Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)] | [Character's thoughts [EX: I think Bob is quite the amiable fellow, has a great head on his shoulders, wouldn't want anyone else on my side]] |

Abilities
Power Class & Rating:
Other
Power: Incomplete Imperceptibility. Cody has the ability to be partially undetectable and imperceptible when he feels shy, nervous or anxious. While imperceptible, Cody can be sensed, smelled and touched (if he were to initiate contact with someone).
Future Ability
Stealth Tactics. He would possess incredibly extensive knowledge and skill in many types and ways of stealth tactics, enabling him to easily slip in and out of most areas undetected.
Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
People with psychic ability will be able to see him.
His powers are controlled by his emotions.
If he becomes calm he will revert back to a visible state.
He can't fight at all and can only flee.
His power doesn't work on animals.
Other: Most of the family's that adopted him didn't care for his given name (or they couldn't pronounce it), and so they started calling him KD which eventually turned into Cody. He responds to all three, but prefers Cody.
Sample Post:
He had just been adopted by a nice family with a blue minivan, a picket fence house and a dog named Rex. His new mother was skinny with a wide smile, bright pink lipstick and shiny blond hair, and his new father was a big man with a pot belly, and he also had shiny blonde hair. Rex was a fat dog with a long body and short stubby legs. Cody liked him and the dog seemed to like him as well.

His new family, the Richardson's told him that his room was the first one on the left in their one story home and that he could go get settled in while they started preparing dinner. Cody walked calmly to his room and was thrilled to see that they had designed it with rocket ship wallpaper and a rocket ship bed. At the end of the bed was a little steering wheel and Cody was so happy when he touched it and it moved! He spent a couple of minutes behind the wheel, making space alien noises and pretending to be a captain on a voyage in deep space.

His new mother called him down for dinner and Cody raced downstairs and into the kitchen where his new parents were smiling and behind them on the table was a dish filled with lasagna with pieces of broccoli sticking out of it. Cody's heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach. Panic bubbled up his chest and his head began to buzz with alarming thoughts. He should have told them that he couldn't eat broccoli. That the vegetables made his eyes watery and his throat itchy. Why didn't he tell them! Now they had made a nice dinner and he was going to ruin it because he couldn't even eat it! Wha--

"OH MY GOD!" His new mother shrieked and stumbled backwards into her husband who looked just as terrified as she did. Cody knew then that he had disappeared, but oddly enough his new parents were still looking right at him and not searching the house like all the other parents before them had.

"Mommy--" Cody began stepping forward, but his mother shook her head fiercely, his dad had yet to speak.

"He disappeared!" His mother squeaked, "Out of thin air! Where did he go?!" She wailed and her cry brought Rex in, who saw Cody and although confused by his owners sudden change in manner, began to snarl and bark at the boy. Cody ran out of the room and out the door. He ran down the walkway and out of the yard. He ran and ran until he ran right into the arms of his social worker, Maggie, who knew this would happen.

Last edited:
Neat, but Zoe has invisibility. I donc't know if he's cool with two.

Anywho, everyone should get in the cabins for now, I'll start up some plots shortly. I'mma make another character, a power replicator, and I might dust off a character of mine that was fun.

@Heathen
Do you mind my character having invisibility too? I can change if it's a problem:)

Edit: Scratch that, I already thought of a new power!

Last edited:
I still need to find out what it is Chris is and isn't allowed to know... future-flashes, and all.

He's accepteriono

As long as you make the character your own it doesn't really bother me

And imperceptibility is Zoe's future power too. Except its the full version.

I forgot to add the new characters to the OP, I'll get to it now.

I'll also work on Scarlet (My new character) later on, and try to post her soon.

Finally posted. Sorry it took so long. I had a busy weekend.

And I kind of want to make a gay character just to fuck with Jago. lolol

Oooo she giving him the eyes and the smileeee. :flattop:

Damn 6'2? Wrecker is going to have to get on his tip toes to flirt with her. hehe

Also everytime I read beefcake, I really want to have some meatloaf. Hmmmm

Finally posted. Sorry it took so long. I had a busy weekend.

And I kind of want to make a gay character just to fuck with Jago. lolol

Do it.

Also, I now kinda have an idea for Diego's older sister, Lupe, who I used in a few RPs that didn't take off. There's a few ways to work her in, but I'll have to decide if I want six characters (In addition to Scarlet, who's 20% done)....

I'll decide in karate class tonight.

Oooo she giving him the eyes and the smileeee. :flattop:

Damn 6'2? Wrecker is going to have to get on his tip toes to flirt with her. hehe

Also everytime I read beefcake, I really want to have some meatloaf. Hmmmm

Or she can just take off her heals

One of my characters will trip her and expose her web of lies!

On a side note, I'm dropping Claudette, I honestly didn't find her all that interesting - but she'll be popping up in one of the mysteries. I'll be replacing her with Lupe and Scarlet. You'll find both of them very interesting.

Define interesting. ;D

I'll be posting tomorrow as I got home late today. I'm glad that coin toss favored Darcy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.