Thinia's Lament

Hello,

Are you guys still looking for more players?

We are still accepting characters. Sorry for the delay, the end of the month was a bit chaotic. I need those with sheets to go ahead and finish them so we can start ASAP. Ralana, if you wish to join, go ahead and get started on your character sheet.

I am sorry, but I think I will not take part in this after all. I am a bit busy currently, and I do not know if I will have enough time for so many roleplays.

Name: Eve Lopez
Descritpion:
(While a picture works, please write a short description)-http://static.wetpaint.me/glee/ROOT/photos/310/3C9B69EC1703C9B3E4B7.jpg
Homeworld:
(Feel free to invent a homeworld, just run it by us and remember, this is an empire) - She doesn't know what her homeworld is, and doesn't want to -she prefers to move around the universe and explore new worlds.
Class:
(explorer, pilot, courtier, doctor, mercenary) - explorer!
Skills:
(Keep the feel of the RP in mind. There will be lots of interaction) - She is very confident when talking to other people, and can influence them to do what she wants by her words.
Greatest Sin:
(Be inventive with your sin and virtue.)- Her greatest sin is that she has a thing for girls and guys. She considers this a sin, because in her mind it goes against nature.
Greatest Virtue:
She never lies to anyone, and never will. If you ask her something, she will answer frankly and truthfully.
History: Eve was only a year old when her mother abandoned her into the cosmos. She was helpless at first, but then was adopted by some strangers who happened to pass by at that moment. She grew up learning how to defend herself and by the time she was eighteen, she was a master at survival. She left home to explore the universe.
Belongings: (Remember to include any ships and weapons here, as well as things like money and important documents) - She owns a small ship called O.S Lupe, which is fast, and belongs to her. She also owns a map handed down to her from a wise master she met on one of her annual pilgrimages to Sahara. It is incredibly detailed, giving every inch of the cosmos. She owns a dagger, and a small pouch in which she keeps a special mix of poisonous berry juice and a secret ingredient corked in many small vials.
Special Talents:
(These are things that just make your character special. They are what made you stand out to Lady Thinia to be hired by her.) - She is incredibly determined, and she has been to nearly every planet in the galaxy, which made her stand out to Lady Thinia.
Additional Info:
(If your talents did not gain her attention, what did?) - N/A

Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Name: Mario Inez (pronounced EN-YEZ)
Description: Mario is 5'6 with a lean build of corded muscle. He has short, slightly wavy brown hair with gray strands at the temples which he wears a brown cap over. Behind his glasses his eyes are a deep brown and the skin at the corner of his eyes and his mouth indicate much laughter, belying his serious looking face. His skin is naturally tan and his hands and forearms are covered in small scars, mostly on his hands. During times where he may be required to do repiars or other work for a time he will wear a jumpsuit of sturdy fiber and thick boots along with a tool belt and his hat. When socializing he will wear a simple shirt under a jacket with loosely complimenting pants and shoes. More often than not his attire will consist of earthy colors.

Homeworld: A dusty planet in most parts, it has one of the most prominent market-cities in the galaxy, Agora.

Class: Artisan/Mechanic. He makes custom interiors for ships, vessels, all kinds of things as well as custom equipment and builds/maintains things like ships, robots, etc.

Skills: Creating custom equipment and making custom alterations to many kinds of vessels and machinery. Also he needs to be able to visualize his customers vision, being able to draw really well helps in this.

Greatest Sin: Prejudice against higher authority and toward people involved with politics and the like. He fears being taken advantage of when it comes to these kinds of people and will insist on being compensated for extra services by those he believes can afford it. As a result of this fear he has become knowledgeable on the subject of law.

Greatest Virtue: Mario values the work of ones hands and the fruits of ones labor alongside with his value of life and that people are who they are because of the events they lived through, making them all beautiful in their own ways.

History: Mario grew up in a ghetto of the major market-city on his planet. As a kid he grew up learning the tougher side of life and was required to grow up fast to help provide for his family. Over time he became part of a gang that was made up of childhood friends that were like-minded in wanting to protect their families. They would take what they thought wouldn't be missed from the market place but often clashed with gangs of opposing neighborhoods. Mario felt a lot of anger toward the circumstances he had been born into and for a long part of his life and he channled this through the gang as their activities became more daring and the fights with the neighboring gangs became more serious. After an incident that left most of his friends injured and one kid dead, Mario's outlook on life changed and he started putting more time into his more peaceful hobbies and eventually became very skilled. Practicing his skill brought him wisdom of a sort and eased his soul. Eventually he had made enough money to move his family out of the ghetto but remained and built a shop on the borders of the two neighborhoods, highering his friends and even childhood enemies in an effort to bring peace between them.

Belongings: Owns a shop on his home planet. Keeps a good amount of traveling money with his luggage. He owns a small ship that can comfortably support three people. Passport, and appropriate forms of identification. He also has a portable mini-workshop he built himself. Pictures of his family.

Special Talents: Working with machinery, devices, and materials creating something functional and/or visually appealing using what ever is at hand.

Additional Info: Mario played an active role in improving his community by providing work for people who would otherwise have turned to crime. Also in his work he has created many notable alterations.

Effort, the only real problem I have is that your character has that problem with authority. You need to REALLY tone that down. You are going to be interacting with a lot of aristocracy, and that sort of attitude might get your character hanged in short order.

Targas and Jack, please get your character sheets completed so I can review them.

Im just waiting for what I can and cant do with the equipment, check your inbox and sorry I didnt have more done sooner, life hit me with a lot of stuff and it is now calming down again.

Can do Revi, changed some wording in the Greatest Flaw section.

Equipment: Be reasonable. This is a non-combat mission. What would your character bring and fit into one bag. Clothes, books, the tools for their duty on the ship. Don't over-equip but don't leave them without their tools either.

My main issue is the tech level. How common is energy tech, if at all and if there is, is it military only. This is just for me to decide what my ship contains mainly.

The main point is this:

Tech level does not matter.

You could say it was powered my hamsters and it would still work the same.

Just... make something up.

Watch firefly, and use that as a basis if you need to.

If you want a definite answer I'll give you one. Assuming bu energy tech you mean weapons.

Some worlds barely have electricity, others are like Coruscant in Star Wars. Technology Varies so much from place to place its impossible to put the entire empire on one level. Energy weapons exist but are rare and usually bulky. Most civilian ships are unarmed, having one armed without an extremely hard to get permit and your ship gets confiscated.

Personal Laser weapons are sometimes seen but are expensive and of questionable advantage over ballistic weapons.

Alrighty! Tis all I needed to know :3 and thank you, and sorry if I was an inconvienience.

I'm thinking kinda like Coyboy Beebop. They got ships and stuff flying everywhere but for the most part they're still using bullets to kill each other and not laser guns.

Yea my issue was that Ive played lots of space RPGs like Traveller, Star Wars and some White Wolf, not to mention various shows Ive watched, including Cowboy Beebop so I just needed some guidlines to follow :P

Here is my corrected character profile - is it ok?

Descritpion:
http://static.wetpaint.me/glee/ROOT/...03C9B3E4B7.jpg -she has long,black hair, which falls to her torso. She is of Hispanic origins and she therefore has olive-toned skin. Her eyes are a dark brown, and framed with long, dark eyelashes.
Homeworld:
(Feel free to invent a homeworld, just run it by us and remember, this is an empire) - She doesn't know what her homeworld is, and doesn't want to -she prefers to move around the universe and explore new worlds. She actually came from a far away planet in the next galaxy called Hospes, which is a very high-tech place.
Class:
- explorer!
Skills:
She has extreme diplomatic tact, and she can tie every kind of knot known to mankind. Her strongest skill is the skill of logic. Her mind works very logically and she is highly able to work out any puzzle.
Greatest Sin: Her greatest sin is that she is very vain. She always wishes to look her best even when she is exploring new planets. Her vanity may become her downfall in the future.
Greatest Virtue:She never lies to anyone, and never will. If you ask her something, she will answer frankly and truthfully.
History: Eve was only a year old when her mother abandoned her into the cosmos. She was helpless at first, but then was adopted by some strangers who happened to pass by at that moment. She grew up learning how to defend herself and by the time she was eighteen, she was a master at survival. She left home to explore the universe.
Belongings: (Remember to include any ships and weapons here, as well as things like money and important documents) - She owns a small ship called O.S Lupe, which is fast, and belongs to her. She also owns a map handed down to her from a wise master she met on one of her annual pilgrimages to Sahara. It is relatively detailed, giving details of the main galaxy, and some of the nearby galaxy. She owns a dagger, and a small pouch in which she keeps a special mix of poisonous berry juice and a secret ingredient (ground aconite) corked in many small vials for any time when she may be attacked.
Special Talents:
She is an excellent cook, and her specialty is Moon Cakes - buns made from her secret family recipe - and also, she has the ability to shoot a gun with extremely accurate aim. The thing which made her stand out is her extremely cat-like agility -she would make an excellent addition to the search for the mysterious object with her small stature, and her agility.
Additional Info: -She is incredibly determined, and she has been to lots of planets in the galaxy before - not all, but she dreams of doing just that someday.

Boo, a few things about your sheet. First off, thank you for the character description, particularly since her hair length is different than in the picture.

I do need you to change a few things about the rest of your sheet, though. Your planet of origin cannot be in another galaxy. Travel to other galaxies is incredibly difficult and intensive, seeing as they are so far apart. We don't have the tech for instant transport, and the galaxy is vast as is, so you need to stay within it AND the Empire itself, which can safely be assumed to comprise a large chunk of the galaxy we are set in.

Your skill with diplomacy is now of an acceptable level, however, you seem to have added a new super skill to compensate. Be aware that you are not going to be granted automatic successes or hints on puzzles. You are going to have to still figure them out.

Why is she a master of survival? Just learning to defend onesself does not immediately grant woodland and urban survival skills, so I would like an explanation. If you only mean she is good at defensive combat, please reword that.

We talked about the map; I would still prefer you have a star chart and not a map and keep the detail a bit lower. If you want maps of individual planets, you can have some, but don't go overboard. Even an explorer doesn't know everywhere that has ever been, and actually traveling to every world in a galaxy is going to be impossible for one self funded person. Think of Star Trek and how even they haven't explored everywhere.

This also means she really shouldn't have been to every planet in the galaxy, or even nearly every planet, especially given that the majority of them are not going to be life sustaining. I should have mentioned that before, but at the time, it escaped me.

Anyway, I hope you can get it fixed up! I do really like the quirk about her liking to cook, by the way.

Name: Dr. Elias VonSerill

Description: Elias is a tall, willowy man at 6'5. His height gives him an almost surrealistic appearance owing in part to his minimal body fat, thin shoulders and narrow chest. Dr. Scarecrow or Dr. Crow was his nickname around the lab although rarely to his face. He doesn't so much walk as stalks, an eerie fluid gait that almost casts him as some sort of pale faced shadow rather than a person. His face is marked by high cheekbones, pale skin, and green eyes magnified by the thin glasses on the bridge of his slightly curved nose. He keeps his brown hair long, tied into a royal braid behind his head and keeps the rest of his skin clear of facial hair. His fingers are long and thin, usually kept in the pockets of his lab coat.

Homeworld: Deneera- A close planet to Aurora, Deneera was originally chartered as a mining planet. However, when the workers stumbled on a rich deposit of Imandium, they quickly divided into four families that controlled the deposit. Of them, only three survive to modern day, and only two still hold the rights to the seemingly limitless deposit. Imandium is an element vastly sought for the development of deep space travel. An Immandium treatment is a necessary step for those ships approved for galaxy travel. The treatment helps lock in heat and atmosphere, also providing a rigid scale-like armor on the hull from traveling asteroids or unfriendly fire. Certainly not essential, it does increase the efficiency of any ship by nearly 50%...needless to say, it is valuable. The two noble families who still have control of the various deposits on the planet are the VonSerill's and the DuTafts. Each are sickeningly polite in public, but backstab each other constantly in private. To speak like a VonSerill means to speak with two meanings and to plot like a DuTaft means to include a hefty body count. Despite their reputation, both families maintain a presence advising and brokering trade with the crown. Deneera is known for its breathtaking canyons and multi-hued geological formations.

Class: - Doctor

Skills: For a scientific minded individual, Doctor VonSerill has the misplaced talent to grasp the abstract and surreal. Trained from a young age in the arts of upper class civility, poise, politics, and speaking, he conducts himself perhaps better than some of his more lab-strict companions. His skill in chemistry is legendary, and his knowledge of human physiology and medicine is impressive enough to grant him the title of Doctor. His preferred environment is the lab rather than the medical bay, but he performs fantastically in both settings.

Greatest Sin: Pride- VonSerill has the Achilles heel of pride. He refuses to be outdone, stepped on, talked down to, or otherwise dismissed like some sort of test-tube carrying intern. He demands a respect he simply doesn't have the accolades to afford (not known accolades anyways). This makes him a difficult personality to work with and an even harder one to order. In his realm, the lab or the medical bay, his word is second to none save his employer…and sometimes not even them. He is slow to take advice and finds it nearly impossible to admit a mistake publically.

Greatest Virtue: Perseverance- Nothing is impossible, not even the boundaries of death and life. To Doctor VonSerill, there is no problem that cannot be solved with application of science and forward thinking. Literally, no problem. It can become a weakness, lending him to obsess, but in truth his unconquered belief has brought him to this pinnacle of accomplishment…and he knows it.

History: Born the eighth son of Davis VonSerill, house patriarch, Elias was instructed at a young age with a single imperative. There are eight sons, possibly more. Find a way to make yourself different from them or expect to have your name forgotten. As his father was often away or overseeing mining, Elias took those words to heart. He was given the same training in aristocracy as his brothers and sisters were, but told to choose a vocation for himself. Elias chose science and medicine, leaning more toward chemistry than biological medicine, but excelling at both. His marks earned him a place with the Kamaya Industries, a leading producer of pharmaceuticals and chemicals in the galaxy.

Bending his mind to the task of success, Elias found his calling in chemical analysis and combination. His work on harmonics in increasing the yield of ship fuel was staggeringly well received. However his attitude earned him few friends and many enemies in the academic world. So when he brought his experimental findings on the possibility of 'remotely controlled' bio-chemicals to the Minds and Stars Scientific Advancement Convention, he was labeled a blowhard and his research trashed. Perhaps they would have found the beginnings of truth in his postulations had they not disliked him so vehemently. The public outcry at his failure forced Kamaya Industries to demote him and cut his funding…forcing him to shut down his research. Dismayed and utterly defeated, Elias sought support from his family…but found they would have no part in his stain on the family name.

He was approached a year later by an interested third party who wanted to fund his research. Without asking many questions, Elias gladly accepted the money. However, when the first product came to term, it was taken. Now a dark and terrible secret weighs heavily on Elias's mind. He flees with his research notes, but minus a product, seeking redemption elsewhere. He has allowed himself to be hired as a doctor for an expedition, hoping that it will put him outside the general public for a time in order to think and try to come up with a solution. His control is slipping, badly, and he's up against a cliff with no recourse but to prepare himself to leap.

Or be pushed.

Belongings: (Remember to include any ships and weapons here, as well as things like money and important documents) –Tucked in the hanger is a bubble like ship called the Ion. It preserves a genetically encoded lock to allow only Elias within. This is his realm, his small chemistry lab while on leave from Kamaya Industries. Inside is state of the art analytical equipment for his craft, albeit just enough for what he feels will be a short expedition. The Ion does not have the capacity for prolonged voyages…thus its resources are used sparingly. Elias also maintains a nano-rapier (Safely packed in the back compartment of the Ion), and papers proving his nobility and lineage as a VonSerill. A number of important formulaic documents are in the Ion as well as a small reservoir of money, and his hazard suit…a bio-keyed uniform from Kamaya Industries for work with dangerous chemicals.

Special Talents: Apart from his ability as a chemist and doctor, Elias shows a certain ease around aristocracy and their ilk, navigating the bureaucracy with little trouble. Due to his upbringing, training in the 'noble' sport of fencing remains within his ability to perform. However, it is an art reserved for duels, not brawls and besides, what blade can move faster than a projectile? For the most part, his past remains sealed away in the luggage, keepsakes of home.

Additional Info: - VonSerill is a man with a secret and a hefty disgrace to shoulder. He isn't well versed in real combat nor has any penchant for its use. He prefers charisma, logic, and manipulation to achieve his ends. He takes medicine for night terrors, an affliction he's had since childhood…horrible twisting dreams that he can scarcely remember, but that always find him awake and trembling, paralyzed in terror.

My new new character sheet - the bits in red are the bits I changed or added:

Descritpion:
http://static.wetpaint.me/glee/ROOT/...03C9B3E4B7.jpg -she has long,black hair, which falls to her torso. She is of Hispanic origins and she therefore has olive-toned skin. Her eyes are a dark brown, and framed with long, dark eyelashes.

Homeworld:
(Feel free to invent a homeworld, just run it by us and remember, this is an empire) - She doesn't know what her homeworld is, and doesn't want to -she prefers to move around the universe and explore new worlds. She actually came from a planet called Hospes, which is a very high-tech place known for its explorers.
Class: - explorer!
Skills:
She has extreme diplomatic tact, and she can tie every kind of knot known to mankind. Her strongest skill is the skill of logic. Her mind works very logically and she is highly able to work out any puzzle.
Greatest Sin: Her greatest sin is that she is very vain. She always wishes to look her best even when she is exploring new planets. Her vanity may become her downfall in the future.
Greatest Virtue:She never lies to anyone, and never will. If you ask her something, she will answer frankly and truthfully.
History: Eve was only a year old when her mother abandoned her into the cosmos. She was helpless at first, but then was adopted by some strangers who happened to pass by at that moment. She grew up learning how to defend herself and by the time she was eighteen, she had learned all she could about physical defence and making do with what little she had to hand. She left home to explore the universe.
Belongings: (Remember to include any ships and weapons here, as well as things like money and important documents) - She owns a small ship called O.S Lupe, which is fast, and belongs to her. She also owns a star chart handed down to her from a wise master she met on one of her annual pilgrimages to Sahara. It is relatively detailed, giving details of the main galaxy, and the stars within that galaxy. She owns a dagger, and a small pouch in which she keeps a special mix of poisonous berry juice and a secret ingredient (ground aconite) corked in many small vials for any time when she may be attacked.
Special Talents:
She is an excellent cook, and her specialty is Moon Cakes - buns made from her secret family recipe - and also, she has the ability to shoot a gun with extremely accurate aim. The thing which made her stand out is her extremely cat-like agility -she would make an excellent addition to the search for the mysterious object with her small stature, and her agility.
Additional Info: -She is incredibly determined, and she has been to lots of planets in the galaxy before - not all, but she dreams of doing just that someday.