Thinia's Lament

Name: Olan Ternjack

Description: Height- 5ft. 10in. Weight- 160lbs. His skin color is between Caucasian and Tan. He wears an orange shirt, black Gi pants, and black combat boots under a black trench coat. His hair is dark brown, between short and medium in length, and the top combed forward. On the front of the shirt and the back of the jacket is a circle with an odd, skeletal-type face with a wide grin (Will explain more later). They are colored black and orange, respectively. The irises of his eyes are orange, and his pupils are a piercing green. He wears dark sunglasses to hide his odd eyes. He bears no tattoos, and his body is riddled with unimportant scars. He isn't buff, but he has definite muscle tone.

Homeworld: He was shipped off world as a small child. All he knows is that his homeworld was one at the farthest reach of the Empire.

Class: Mercenary.

Skills: He is skilled in many forms of combat. He can be quite unassuming and deceptive when he needs to be. His instinct is uncanny. He has superb tracking skills. He has some medical training. For example, he knows how to dress a wound, but couldn't make heads or tails of heart surgery.

Greatest Sin: His greatest Sin is his rage. He doesn't get pissed off very easily, due to his seemingly care-free nature. But as they say, "When it rains, it pours."

Greatest Virtue: His greatest Virtue would be his sense of Justice. Even if the amount of money is grand, he refuses to work for anyone who's intentions for him are unjust.

History: As stated previously, He was shipped off world as a small child. All he knows is that his homeworld was one at the farthest reach of the Empire. He landed on the jungle-like planet of (Insert name here, I'm no good at naming places, so if anyone can name this for me, it'd be much appreciated). It just so happens that he landed near a city housed in massive trees. The people there were peaceful, and took him in without a second thought. He was raised well, and learned many things about life.

When he turned 16, he underwent the trials of adulthood. He was on his third trial, which consisted of a week-long journey across open plains to find a rare plant. The plant caused one's mind to broaden. On his journey home, he ran out of food, with only the plant remaining. His hunger caused his mind to become two separate entities, which argued about the plant. One side was strict, but goodhearted, while the other was carefree, but slightly devious.

When the latter side won and the plant was eaten, Olan was altered drastically. The effect the plant had on him was different than what he was told. His two sides, which dwelled in his mind, had surfaced on the physical plane. Unfortunately, the effects were permanent. As he continued to cross the plain, a ship landed in front of him. Too awed to do anything, he was frozen on the spot. The door opened, and out stepped a man at least ten years older than Olan. The man rushed up to him and both were surprised that their eyes were the same. A trait, he later found, was only found on people from his planet. The man stared at him before knocking him out and carrying him back to the ship. Olan awoke several hours later to find that he was in space, an experience he had received once before. He explored the ship, awed by its intricacy. The man, who just so happened to walk into the same room as him, told him to sit down. After much explaining, Olan learned the truth of his world. It was gone. The man was a mercenary that was coming back to the planet for a visit, only to find debris. He offered to teach Olan what he knew as consolation. Olan accepted without delay. He promised himself that he'd find that place again.

He now roams the galaxy as a Soldier-For-Hire, trying to find what he had lost all those years ago: His home.

Belongings: Due to having to travel light, the reason being for certain missions from certain clients, he only carries the essentials: extra clothes, medkit, food, money, etc. He has a.... well HAD a small one-man ship, but unfortunately, due to an unforeseen dilemma involving a high-stakes card game, him being wrongly accused of cheating, and the accuser demolishing his ship, it's gone. Let's just say that the accuser didn't get away with it... Poor guy...

Special Talents: Due to his upbringing, he has a high instinct, as well as being able to adapt to nearly any situation, thus making him an ideal leader, though he'd much prefer to take orders and go with the flow.

Additional Info: When he wasn't needed for mercenary work, he would go and test new devices that others would create, and receive a share of the profits. Basically, he would be a Crash-Test Dummy for more than just vehicles. Luckily he hasn't had any failed tests yet, so that's good.

Well, it's complete-ish. Anything I need to change?

Olan's eyes may end up causing him some troubles. Due to such a trait in an age where superstitions still run rampant, those not of his planet will likely see him as an ill omen at best, an outright witch at worst. You may wish to have him cover his eyes or wear contacts or something to obscure and hide the color.

Can we start the roleplay?

Yaaaay! Yaaaay! Yaaaay! Unfortunately, I don't have time to read it right now. Y__Y

Feel free to post whenever. Our doctor asked to be skipped the first posting round, so you guys can go ahead. No real posting order for the moment, but there will be for problem solving and any combat.

Those of you who haven't posted this round really need to post. Just a reminder.

Guys, this is a reminder to please keep the In Character thread in character. No matter how stunningly awesome your OOC stuff for the game is, please utilize THIS thread for OOC. That way we can all ooh and awe and discuss!

Also, on a different topic, I want to encourage you guys to add thought, depth, attention to detail, feelings, tone, and quirks to your posts. This not only makes a post longer, but it allows us to see the character developing.

Ship ship ship! *squees*

Ill edit my post on the IC thread so here I will post the ship I painted for what it looks like in my head. Its meh but after an hour of smudging my hand was not having any more of it.

Attachments

• Ship Test.png
    Ship Test.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 6
Very lovely! Aside from the engine configuration, it looks very close to how I had envisioned it. Great job!

I can fix the engines but since I had no idea as to what they looked like, I couldnt make them better >.>
What do you envision?

Hokay :3 Ill do artwork as I see when its needed :3

Okay. Guys, some of you are making beautiful, inclusive posts that are giving me great insight into your characters and showing depth and skill. But there are a couple of you who are doing very short, undetailed posts that provide the bare minimum. This wouldn't be a problem except that, in an RP where most people are doing several large paragraphs, it is like running into a pothole.

I've tried to be encouraging and get you guys to just offer a bit more detail, but it seems that's not going to be enough. For now, I won't post a minimum post size, but if the short, undetailed posts continue, I may have to. While there is no wrong way to RP, some roleplays do require a depth to posting that naturally needs a longer post. This is an intrigue heavy plot, and I'm providing many details for you guys while leaving you plenty of room to add a few of your own or just comment on what is going on. Internal thoughts, feelings, etc. are just fine here. Like I said, most of you are doing well, it is just a couple of you who really need to work on this. If you need help, there are some exercises and such in the academy that should get things going, or just talk to me if you are having trouble and I will see what I can do to help get your creativity flowing.

Okay, guys, I hate to admit it, but I've sort of lost my drive on this one. I'm sorry. We might try to get it going again sometime later.