There is always a choice

• Thread starter Joanna Silverdale
  • Start date
"I would have done the same, without a doubt." Priscilla said and she frowned sadly as she watched Vereesa cry. "I don't know what to do... I can't soothe her or comfort her... I wonder what it is she is thinking about." She said while a heavy sigh escaped her lips.

Vereesa soon stood up and she clenched her hands while she looked at the ground, she swallowed once and she then looked in the direction of Elenthras' castle, a thoughtful expression was on her face as she looked at the castle in the far distance. "I have to face him again... maybe... just maybe.. my words will be able to reach him." She thought to herself.

"Whatever you're thinking of doing right now, don't do it", said Hans standing right behind Vereesa. "If your safety were in jeopardy, it would render mine and Blage's work meaningless. But really, how was your day? You haven't told me anything about your visit to the master tailor or your new dress. How did it go? Do you have it with you already?" he asked.

Vereesa snapped out of her thoughts and she jolted in surprise, in mere reflex she tried to turn around and slap Hans across the face, not having been prepared for him to be right behind her. She flinched however and she managed to stop herself in the last second and her hand would most likely just be an inch from his face. "S-sir Hans! I-I'm so sorry! You startled me!" She stuttered. "H-he was really kind and he would fix my dress for me." Vereesa said with a gentle nod and a soft smile.

"Then what reason do you have to be so sad about? Everything is alright", said Hans, as if he didn't know. "Something had startled you to the point of crying for no reason I am aware of that happened recently. Penny for your thoughts, Vereesa. Did the master tailor say something that... maybe you think first, then cry afterwards? What is it?" he kept on asking. "Unless you tell me what happened, I have to keep on guessing. You can trust me", said Hans as he wrapped his arms around Vereesa in a protective manner, "because I am your lord and master now."

Vereesa looked at him before she looked down at the ground and she swallowed once as she lifted her hands up to her chest and she clenched her hands on the cloth where the stone was hidden underneath while she stood in Hans' embrace. "I-I... He... He had lost his daughter... because of Lord Elenthras and... he asked me to kill him. T-to kill Lord Elenthras..." She said low. Even if she wanted to, Vereesa would never be able to lie to her Master as she was taught always to be loyal.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What in the name of--?" asked Hans surprised to hear that the master tailor even had a daughter to begin with since he had never even heard of his wife, much less that she was murdered by Lord Elenthras. Hans wasn't aware of his sentiments towards Lord Elenthras either and thought of him to be just another neutral shopkeeper who merely wanted a profitable business transaction to be done. But the greatest thing that baffled Hans' mind was that the old man had actually asked Vereesa, his own maid, to assassinate Lord Elenthras. It was all too much to take in for Hans.

"That is certainly a very interesting story, m'lady!" said an all too familiar voice behind them.

Vereesa jolted in surprise and she quickly turned around and stepped back slightly from Hans when she heard the voice behind them and she held her hands clenched over her heart. She swallowed once and she looked down at the ground.

Priscilla had returned inside and she was now sitting in hers and Hans' bedroom while writing inside a book with her silver quill.

eyes open wide. "its time to get out of this cell" wolf reaches into his shirt and pulls out a lock pick. he begins to slowly begin unlocking the door. "first things first i need to find my gear" slowly begins sneaking through the castle

Behind Hans and Vereesa stood Blage. "The master tailor sure was strange...but I never would have figured out his alignment in this. My, my", he wondered, walking closer to the two. "What is it to you, Blage?" asked Hans a little suspicious of what Blage meant. To him, the duty of a knight and loyalty to his lord meant everything, even his life. "My duty, that's what it is, Hans. The duty of a knight...to protect and serve", Blage said in a cryptic way. Hans moved right in front of Blage and said: "You're thinking of reporting everything what Vereesa just said, aren't you?"

Vereesa looked up at Hans and then at Blage and her eyes widened. "N-no! You can't do that! H-he's going to be killed if you tell anyone!" Said Vereesa and she clenched her hands tightly over her heart, her body began to tremble and she swallowed once. "P-please... He doesn't deserve it... He's just a father that's devastated over having lost his daughter..." Said Vereesa and she tried to place her hand against Blage's arm as she looked up at him with a pleading expression.

"To tell you the truth, m'lady, I knew his murderous intents already", said Blage calmly. "And so does Lord Elenthras, for that matter. That's why the master tailor never uses his true name", he said again. "What name did he tell you? Lucan Garnet? Gregor Melville? Ven Vladek? Those are all his pseudonyms to stay alive. He changes his name and attire constantly to avoid capture and execution for treason", he explained. "I was there when he stormed in looking for his daughter with an angry lynch mob..." Blage has a flashback as he remembered exactly what happened.

"Where is she?"
"Who are you looking for, m'lord?"
"You know well enough who am I looking for."
"My apologies, but I don't."
"Don't lie to me!"
"Perhaps the Lord could be of assistance to you?"

*door is opened*
"What is this?"
"..."
"WHAT IS THIS?"
"It is a rag, m'lord, no need to shout!"
"This is my daughter's dress!"
"Is that so, m'lord?"
"Now where is she?"
"...Not here, m'lord."
"She's dead, isn't she?"
"..."
"She is! Your lot killed her, didn't you?"
". . ."

"I drew my sword in preparation to defend my life against them", said Blage. "All of them rushed right at me, nearly running me over as the guards came and we pushed them into the staff bedroom her dress was found in. As people dies on the left and right, he jumped out of the window", Blage finished. "And now he apparently is preparing to have Lord Elenthras assassinated, sending people in to strike him dead", Hans added. "Isn't that right, Vereesa? Isn't that what you just said? Didn't he hire you to assassinate him as well?" he asked.

Vereesa looked up at Blage and she then looked down at the ground, having remembered that she heard a commotion. She then swallows once and she clenched her left hand over her chest where the stone was hidden and she showed a small nod. "Y-yes sir Hans... He asked me to end Lord Elenthras when the time would be right... To avenge Serian a-and his daughter, Pearl." She said low and she swallowed once.

as wolf is looking for his gear he looks out the window and notices 2 of lod elanthras scouts. "not good" he begins sprinting through the castle towards the court yard to warn everyone

"How could he think that you would do that, moreover, how would you even have done that?" Hans said totally puzzled and oblivious to the gift the master tailor had given to Vereesa. "That does not matter now, Hans. What matters is he sent someone already before that, by his own words. ANd didn't you say there was an archer in the woods to kill you?" asked Blage. "Now that you mention it, there was also that rogue archer", Hans remembered. He had sent Lord Elenthras' guards after him. Jaan had been awfully quiet at this point, but finally he opened his mouth: "E-Everyone", he started, "th-the dress, sir...we need to travel to the town of Romiel to get the fabrics for him", he said. "Really, Jaan? I will prepare a carriage for you two", he said.

Vereesa looked at Hans and Blage before she lowered her gaze and she turned around slightly, she jumped a bit in surprise to see Priscilla by the door and she was looking at Vereesa, she had been studying her movements for the last few minutes. "Vereesa, what is it you are hiding?" She asked and Vereesa swallowed once before she looked down at the ground. "N...Nothing, Lady Priscilla." She stuttered and she quickly lowered her hands from her chest. "I do not believe that, please, show to us what it is you are hiding, we are the ones you can trust." Priscilla said with a gentle voice. Vereesa stood quiet for a while and unmoving before she removed the stone that was hidden in her bra and she showed it to the others while she swallowed once. Priscilla walked closer and she raised an eyebrow as she studied it. "That is not just an ordinary stone, is it, Vereesa?" She asked and Vereesa shook her head.

reaches the courtyard. "sir hans, we have a problem." wolf is trying to catch his breath

Priscilla raised an eyebrow and turned her head in Wolf's direction before she looked at Hans. "What could it possibly be now?" She thought to herself but then looked back at Vereesa and the stone in her hand. She decided not to press on the matter as she saw how frightened and saddened Vereesa was at the moment and she brushed back some of her fringe behind her ear.
Vereesa looked up at Wolf and then at Hans before she looked down at the ground again and she swallowed once, she clenched her hands slightly while she was deep in thoughts.

"That's fine", said Hans. "How about you go converse with the ol' chaps, Blage? You're so much better with diplomacy than I am. And don't you dare speak about anything Vereesa had just said", he warned Blage strictly. "But of course, m'lord", said Blage almost mockingly to Hans and was off. "Now then, why don't you and I have a little conversation inside the house, Vereesa?" Hans asked with another bright smile yet again. "You too, Jaan. My lady shall stay if they so prefer...?" he looked at Lady Priscilla with asking eyes and tone.

Vereesa swallowed once and she looked down at the ground for a moment in silence. "Y-Yes sir Hans." She then said with a small nod and she began to walk inside the house again. "I really hope I haven't gotten sir Shaun in trouble..." She tought to herself while her body trembled a bit.

"I will wait here, but will want to know what was said once you are done." Said Priscilla and she nodded gently towards Hans before she looked towards Blage and she narrowed her eyes a bit before she walked towards him. "I'm coming with you, I want to know what it is they have to say." Priscilla said with a determined expression.