There is always a choice

• Thread starter Joanna Silverdale
  • Start date
Hans opened the door. "Welcome back Jaan and Vereesa!" he greeted the two. "We have been having quite a mess here, but in the end we caught the stalker on our roof. His name is Wolf and he says he's a mercenary and that you two know each other. Is that true, Vereesa?" asked Hans.

Vereesa blinked a few times in surprise as she looked at Hans, appearing quite clueless. "I-I can't say that I recall knowing someone b-by the name wolf. F-forgive me sir Hans." She stuttered, even if she didn't really have anything to apologize about. She swallowed once and she held her hands over her heart. "Is he one of Elenthras' men that has come for me?" She thought to herself and her body began to temble.

is sitting in the cell underneath the house. "lets hope she remembers this is" looking down at the amulet of one lord elanthras trusted guard that he sent on a suicide mission.

"Are you perfectly sure of that? He says he is a mercenary who is going to assassinate Lord Elenthras and needs your help in reaching his goal", said Hans. "Something to do with secret passageways in his castle or to his castle", Blage added, suddenly appearing from around the corner. "I've locked that filth into our own dungeon and he says he knows you, m'lady. Well, do you?" he asked.

Vereesa looked at Hans and then at Blage. "I-I can't say that I remember b-but he might have known my b-brother." She stuttered as she looked at the floor and her hands clenched over her heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I knew that he lied", said Blage. "Is he one of the Lord's men then?" asked Hans. "Why else would he want to see m'lady and lie knowing her? I will end him right now", said Blage, this time showing his angry side. And boy, was he angry! Clutching at his sword, he readied it and made his way towards the dungeon. Hans looked a little concerned at where he just turned for the stairs to the dungeon, but turned his face back and changed the subject. "That aside, what about the dress? Did old Shaun have just the right one for you as he always does?" asked Hans with a bright smile, just like Blage when he wasn't angry.

Vereesa flinched and tried to run after Blage to try and stop him. "W-wait! P-please don't hurt him!" She said and unless she was stopped before she could take after Blage, she'd try and grab his arm.

At the dungeon, Blage walked calmly on the corridor. This was something he hadn't done or even hadn't had done to anyone in years. Was he ready, he thought. Then he braced himself: It is all for m'lady. He is dangerous to her and my duty is to protect her at all costs. He drew his sword and stopped in front of a cell which was at the very end of the corridor. "Seems like you lied, stalker", Blage said to Wolf. "M'lady doesn't know you. You lied to us and tried to get close to m'lady because you are loyal to Lord Elenthras and wanted her dead. I am here to return the favor", he said coldly, opened the cell door and entered with his weapon drawn. "Die like the filthy mongrel you are...Wolf."

Vereesa flinched and tried to run after Blage to try and stop him. "W-wait! P-please don't harm him!" She said as she tried to run after Blage and unless she was stopped, she'd try and grab Blage by the arm.

"Hold on. I heard someone just now...m'lady?!" Blage shouted in surprise when he recognized that voice and saw her run towards the cell he and Wolf were in. He stepped outside and noticed that Hans and Jaan were running behind her. "What is so urgent that you needed to run after me all of a sudden, m'lady? I was about to punish the stalker who fell from the roof, but since you're here m'lady, you can see if you recognize him", said Blage and pointed at the cell Wolf was in. "He calls himself Wolf and told us he is on a mission to assassinate Lord Elenthras. Can you say for absolute certainty that you don't know who this person is?" he asked.

Vereesa shook her head slightly, she didn't recognize Wolf. "I... I can't say that I recognize him, but he... he might've known my brother." she said as she looked at Blage and then at Hans and Jaan. Truth was that she didn't want to see another person die and she clenched her hands over her heart. "I beg you s-sir Hans and s-sir Blage... don't kill him." She stuttered.

pulls out the amulet. "miss vereesa this belongs to you. im sorry, but your brother was executed for helping with your escape. i am supposed to bring this to you. i need your helpgetting back into the castle to kill lord elanthras."

"My brother died long before my escape because he-... The reason is not important. And I will not aid you in killing Lord Elenthras." Said Vereesa as she clenched her hands tightly, a sad frown formed upon her face as she remembered the horrific image of her brothers head being ripped off. She swallowed once and she looked down at the floor while she was frowning, her teeth slightly gritted and she jumped a bit in surprise as she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Vereesa, let us go upstairs, this place is not suitable for a young woman." Said Priscilla who had placed her hand on Vereesa's shoulder, Vereesa looked up at Priscilla and then showed a small nod as she swallowed once and then turned around so she was facing Priscilla. "We will be upstairs, my love. " Priscilla said to Hans while she showed a gentle smile. "And brother, I beg you, listen to Vereesa's wish." She then said as she looked towards Blage.

"your brother did not die before you escaped lord elanthras imprisoned him out of boredom, but he escaped and helped with your escape by distracting the guards. but i guess you dont want the man who killed your brother dead. sir blage if you plan to kill me i understand, but be careful lord elanthras is preparing and army to hunt her down."

"My brother had his head ripped off right in front of my eyes and Lord Elenthras held up his head, he had killed him as an example for what would happen if someone did not do as he said!" Vereesa snarled, insulted, upset and angry. Her eyes swelled up with tears and she turned around and then ran out of the house, Priscilla jolted at Vereesa's words and her eyes widened, she looked at Hans and Blage for a moment, as if asking if any of them knew about it, but before she could receive an answer, she turned around and ran after Vereesa. She found her out in the courtyard, sitting in the grass crying and Priscilla cautiously walked up to Vereesa before she sat down on her knees next to her and she then embraced Vereesa in silence while she tried to comfort her.
"That man is lying... Lord Elenthras wouldn't send out an army to hunt me down... he simply wouldn't... I'm just another servant..." Vereesa thought to herself as Priscilla comforted her, trying to disregard the thought that she would perhaps not be able to stay after all if it would put Priscilla and the others in danger.

"Ugh... I hate to see m'lady like this. She really loves her lord still after all that has happened", frowned Blage. "Damn him, I say! Damn him to eternity!" he cursed even angrier than before. "Settle down", said Hans. "It is not like you can do anything about it. Her past is entangled by walking curses like him." Hans placed his hand on Blage's shoulder. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, but didn't shake himself away. "Hey stalker", said Blage. "Since it's m'lady, I will let you live. I'm..." he thought of what to say, but shook his head. "No, no--my apologies. I should not call you a stalker, sir Wolf. You brought her brother's medallion to her. I should be grateful", Blage finished. "Isn't that right Ha--" he tried to say as he turned his head, but Hans was already gone.

At the courtyard he stood with Jaan, watching from the distance as Vereesa was being comforted by Lady Priscilla.

Priscilla did her best to comfort the crying Vereesa and she frowned sadly as she shut her eyes. Vereesa looked at the ground with a blurred vision as it was clouded with tears that soon ran down her cheeks. Priscilla didn't know what she could possibly say to comfort Vereesa. "I am truly sorry for your loss... I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing your older brother..." She said low.

moves to the corner of the cell and sits down, closes eyes and drifts into sleep.

Priscilla stood up after a while and she walked over to Hans and Jaan while looking at them both before she just looked at Hans. "My Love, did you know about her brother's fate?" She asked and she looked over her shoulder at Vereesa for a moment before she turned back her head. "Elenthras couldn't possibly have ripped off his head with his bare hands... could he?"

Vereesa sat on her knees in the grass while staring down at the ground as tears were running down her cheeks and she sobbed low while her hands clenched on her lap and she gritted her teeth. "Why am I defending the man that killed my whole family and who injured me and possibly had plans on killing me...? Why can't I let go of the feelings I once had for him?" She thought to herself, frustrated and confused about her own emotions.

"It is not of my knowledge, nor is it any of my business. Vereesa chose not to tell me anything about it and I chose not to pry an old, sensitive subject of her past. I want to give her a fresh start as a personal servant under me, Priss. Don't tell me that it wouldn't have been what you would have done as well", Hans said. It was true, he hadn't known about Vereesa's brother until the strange mercenary Wolf was captured and everything about him was revealed. Hans also didn't know that Vereesa had mentioned her brother to Jaan, in fact he hadn't had a good talk with Jaan about what Vereesa had told him about her past or anything of the matter yet. He was wondering if he should bring up the subject anytime soon. Right now it seemed only counter-productive to pry into more of her secrets, so he didn't. "There is no denying about what he had done to sir Gustav, for one", he said.

Gustav Gammon was a knight along the same ranks as Hans and Blage. He was Blage's brother who was found frozen solid in the Lord's well last winter. The official version of the story was that it was an unfortunate accident, but some say he was first intoxicated and then dropped in there.