The Zodiacs: Vanguards of Mankind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let me make sure so that I won't have to bother you again.
It is never "bothering me" to ask me something. I'm a GM. I'm here to help, not just to say 'no".

The "lifting" portion of his strength can be interpreted VERY loosely, given the many different types of lifting done in professional weightlifting competitions, such as Snatch, Clean and Jerk, Bench, and so on. I would like to see your source for that number of of 6100lbs, as according to Olympic record keeping... the current Clean and Jerk (that is, lifting over the head) WORLD RECORD is 263kg, or 579lbs.

The Shapeshifting would need to be worded carefully and have defined terms as to how he can do it (like maybe needing a sample of DNA or something, no "a few hairs" wouldn't be enough) and for how long he can keep the change active.

Skill with blades would have to be elaborated on to a degree. Being a random grandmaster swordsman is right out.

Shapeshifting Scythe... why and/or how does it shift? Why would something so clearly paranormal and dangerous not simply be kept under lock and key or destroyed by the Zodiacs?

Living Weapon? No. That would DEFINITELY be kept locked away by the Zodiacs, if not outright destroyed.

It is never "bothering me" to ask me something. I'm a GM. I'm here to help, not just to say 'no".

The "lifting" portion of his strength can be interpreted VERY loosely, given the many different types of lifting done in professional weightlifting competitions, such as Snatch, Clean and Jerk, Bench, and so on. I would like to see your source for that number of of 6100lbs, as according to Olympic record keeping... the current Clean and Jerk (that is, lifting over the head) WORLD RECORD is 263kg, or 579lbs.

The Shapeshifting would need to be worded carefully and have defined terms as to how he can do it (like maybe needing a sample of DNA or something, no "a few hairs" wouldn't be enough) and for how long he can keep the change active.

Skill with blades would have to be elaborated on to a degree. Being a random grandmaster swordsman is right out.

Shapeshifting Scythe... why and/or how does it shift? Why would something so clearly paranormal and dangerous not simply be kept under lock and key or destroyed by the Zodiacs?

Living Weapon? No. That would DEFINITELY be kept locked away by the Zodiacs, if not outright destroyed.

The 6000 lbs lift was a back lift record by Paul Anderson. I never really pictured Virgil lifting a minivan with a single arm.

What if I traded the shape shifting scythe for a shape shifting armor that boosted his strength? The armor could be bound to him in the form of tatoos covering his body. Would that fit here? How about Nanobots? Getting rid of my scythe would make Virgil more of a brawler than a blade man.

And no living weapon. Got it! Are trained assassins allowed (like Black Widow from Marvel)?

Shape shifting...a cup worth of blood? Able to keep the form for 12 hrs unless he has more blood to consume.

The 6000 lbs lift was a back lift record by Paul Anderson.
According to Guinness Book of World Records... "This record has been expunged due to no official witness being present, and no evidence of the weight's measurement. "

Trained assassins are fine, as they are a real thing. An organization such as the Zodiacs would likely employ at least a couple individuals of that background.

As for the arcane armor tattoos... I'd like to avoid that. Conventional armor can do the same thing, and can be fitted with elastic bands in case he were to change shape into a man or woman larger or smaller than himself.

On that note, a cup (8oz) would be acceptable, as well as the 12hr time frame.

All that aside, I would like more detail on the character's origins and why/how he is what he is. WHY was he made to kill other people, WHO made him that way, and most importantly... if that is the case, why was he not destroyed by the Zodiacs upon discovery and instead taken in and taught to be good?

According to Guinness Book of World Records... "This record has been expunged due to no official witness being present, and no evidence of the weight's measurement. "

Trained assassins are fine, as they are a real thing. An organization such as the Zodiacs would likely employ at least a couple individuals of that background.

As for the arcane armor tattoos... I'd like to avoid that. Conventional armor can do the same thing, and can be fitted with elastic bands in case he were to change shape into a man or woman larger or smaller than himself.

On that note, a cup (8oz) would be acceptable, as well as the 12hr time frame.

All that aside, I would like more detail on the character's origins and why/how he is what he is. WHY was he made to kill other people, WHO made him that way, and most importantly... if that is the case, why was he not destroyed by the Zodiacs upon discovery and instead taken in and taught to be good?

Ok! Last question...maybe…probably not:
Will killing a monster terrorizing a small village in the moutains and then presenting the corpse to said village be a good thing to the Zodiacs or will that make them want to put him down?

put him down
^

Anything capable of doing that is a monster in its own right and would get taken in, contained, and possibly neutralized.

^

Anything capable of doing that is a monster in its own right and would get taken in, contained, and possibly neutralized.
if taken in, is it possible that they allow him in? Or still dead.

The current Ophiuchus (commander's title) is an anomalous being who was taken into containment and later used as a field agent. So long as the item/creature/etc is not inherently hostile, the Zodiacs making use of it is not undeard of.

The current Ophiuchus (commander's title) is an anomalous being who was taken into containment and later used as a field agent. So long as the item/creature/etc is not inherently hostile, the Zodiacs making use of it is not undeard of.
Ok! So I have a rather vague idea of what I wanna make Virgil into. It's getting kinda late where I am so expect my update either by tomorrow or day after (maybe later...hope not) :alienhominid:

Backstory is done. Hope that works @Beta

Aomine.Daiki.full.1504625.jpg

Name: Desi Abel

Title: Taurus

Height/Weight: 6'1, 197

Skills: Desi at a young age has taken interested in many different forms of combat, and as such has learned numerous martial art disciplines. Most notably are boxing, kick boxing, Jiu-Jitsu and MCMAP. Along with his fighting prowess Desi has always naturally been a very strong individual, capable of near superhuman feats of strength. One such feat was lifting a sedan weighing just over 3,000 lbs, as well as tilting the vehicle over with his own person. He is able to use most hand guns, and standard military issue rifles with impressive accuracy; Desi is also comfortable with using daggers. Aside the man's strength and knowledge of fighting, Desi does also possess a more supernatural gift, he is able to read a person's next anticipated movements by reading body language, eye movement and if allowed the sudden twitch of muscle fibers underneath a person's skin. This gives Desi almost a six sense to know when an attack is coming, and thus he can react accordingly... In spite of this Desi like most people still have to guess in what manner the attack is made, he only knows the basics of the upcoming aggression, such as which limb is being used to attack, and from what side.

Gear/Equipment: Beretta M9 combat pistol (Semi Automatic, 9mm), Ka Bar (Military issue Combat Knife.), Ballistic Mesh Armor (Bullet Proof Vest.), and a pair of black leather gloves.

Personality: Desi is known for his strength, stamina, will and leadership out on the field, but back at head quarters he is known to be quite laid back and kind. Always open to hear about someone else's problems Desi lends himself to helping others due to two key reasons, out of genuine concern and a fractured unit could lead to many casualties out on the battlefield. Desi is very intelligent, charismatic and quite the smooth talker, always easing tensions in the group. At times though, Desi can be a bit cocky, not taking an enemy seriously could lead to the down fall of the entire team, and that is something he is still trying to control. Over all Desi is a reliable man with a sense of humor, a chilled persona and a strong sense of duty.

Backstory: [Will be updated soon.]

I Stand Unbroken.

[Saw the rp and was interested so I whipped up a profile really quick, I will complete the history later on today. Please let me know if there is anything that can be fine tuned.]

Pulling the plug on this RP. Sorry, everyone. I just have a lot on my plate IRL and can barely juggle the other two RPs I am running.

RP Updated. Rules Updated. Opening Post Updated.

~headexploded from opening post~
I'M NOT DEAD YET.

Player Characters will be Gamma-Class Field Agents.

P.S. Rules have been rehashed and updated. Everyone please re-read them.

Is this still joinable? If so then I'll quickly make a character to do so.
Name:
Balthazar

Title:
Sagittarius

Height/Weight:
5'11 in height. 185 lbs in weight.

Skills:
Before this crazy life, Balthazar was a very active man who ran marathons and did a variety of physical activities even during his early life. Ranging from doing sports like soccer and basketball to more physical sports like mixed-martial arts and Wrestling. With all those activities that he partakes in, helps him keep his physical shape and stamina as best as it can be.

Besides his physical abilities, his experience from having a athletic life has modified his body to simply be better at what he does. Such as doing activities like running to be faster and simply go farther while using less energy to do so. While having the proper form to maximize movement and prevent injuries to himself.

His personal life is just as active as his physical work outs. Being an active socialite as he likes to talking to a variety of people. Having many opportunities to talk to a variety of people in his life from his many social circles. One of his favorite things to do with people is flirting with them whether they a guy or girl.

In his life of joining the army as a solider with a preference of using the sniper rifle, he was known to be a person with good-aim with great kinetic and spatial vision. Who was able to shoot in tense situation and have a interesting view on the battlefield to use anything to his advantage.

Gear/Equipment:
His body is his best tool that he to keep in top shape but besides there are some things even his body cant do. For that he prefers and carries his weapon which is a L115A3 AWM sniper rifle equipped with a telescopic sight. Besides his Rifle, he carries around a M&P to use in shorter range combat or in tight spaces, along with your typical combat knife. On the side he carries around a few rounds of incendiary ammo for his rifle if the situation calls for it.

Personality:
Relatively seen by the mass population and his family as a reserved and serious with the 'straight to the business' kind of guy card pretty well. It is his default persona that he puts on to the public eyes and on missions as he prefers to keep everyone alive rather than goofing around and killing one of his team mates. Although if the situation calls for it, sometimes the masks slips and he lets out a sly remark about something.

To his team mates, he is known as the outgoing and the joker of the group, being the most extroverted of them and that includes Camilla... Don't expect the serious and calm personality that Balthazar has occasionally to ever be in a friendly situation with his team. So don't be freak out when he starts flirting with you, its a sign that he likes you but whether as a friend or something more is your problem. He is general is a very playful personality and likes to have fun but when needed to be can be a serious and calm person making him be a very two faced person.

Backstory:
Balthazar was a young child who was born in the wilderness as his backyard, and often lost him in the woods with their family's pet dog. Wandering through the sea of forest that entertained him much during his childhood. Growing up with no siblings but a few aunts and uncles with his cousins often came around to spend the weekends with him. And together, the little rag-tag group with Balthazar and his cousins were too often found exploring the woods.

Through his elementary and high school years, he and his family moved away from the seclusion of the woods and mountains to the nearby town where education was available for Balthazar to be enrolled in. Starting their new lives away from the safety of the forests, Balthazar was shy during his first few several years but soon broke out of his shell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this still joinable? If so then I'll quickly make a character to do so.
It just reopened a short time ago. I closed it due to personal issues eating up a lot of time and just put it back up yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.