The Word of Approval

Royal.Prince.Gakuen.240.1121857.jpg

"How can this be?" Cedric whispered back. "I was sure nobody had followed us..." This garden was a good amount of distance away from the castle. Did someone follow them? The breezy gusts of winds suddenly turned cold and the sky above had darkened due to the clouds. One would figure out that something bad was about to happen. A familiar voice rang through Cedric's ears. It was the voice of his mother. "So this is how you usually spend your day, Cedric? Flirting with a mere maid while you could have been doing much more important things? I should have known better."

Lana recognized the voice and stayed silent, standing up quickly to look at her, hiding the ring that was given to her. His mother should've known that they were best friends even though she was just a maid. Now wasn't the time to speak or run, she stayed by Cedric's side, unless she was ordered to, but her chores were done. What could she do to past the time? Fear for the both of them came over her, something terrible was about to happen.

Cedric stood up and got infront of Ophealia, guarding her from whatever may happen. The queen's face had one of disgust. "It appears to me that you both have strong feelings for one another. If that's the case..." She lifted her hand and pointed it to Cedric. A blood red light radiated from her hand, forming a sphere. "I'll have to do something about this, won't I?." She threw the sphere with great force, aiming for her son. Cedric threw his arms over his face in defense. However, that did him no good as he fell backwards, skidding across the ground. The queen threw another sphere at her son, causing him to scream in pain. Then she turned and faced the maid.

"Cedric..." going to his side in aid. "How dare you hurt your own son? Don't remember you were the one that made us friends." Lana said in defense to his mother, hoping that would hit a soft spot, but she knew it might not do any good. Even though, it was worth a try. She held his hand as he writhed in pain on the ground.

The queen only laughed at her statement. "He is a disgrace to the Wright family. And I don't recall how I played a part in your relationship." She raised her hand, pointing to Ophealia. The red glow from her hand had been replaced with a foggy purple light. "Now for your punishment, my dear." Cedric held in the pain and tried to stand up, fearing what his mother would do. "Mother...If you dare hurt her...I swear..I'll kill you." She glanced at Cedric. "It won't kill her." The fog from her hand traveled twoards Ophealia. Her memories of Cedric and her together slowly faded away one by one, locked deep within her mind.

By the time she was about to speak in defense it was too late, her magic had already hit her. It caused her to fall backwards causing the ring to fall off her finger and become unconscious. She laid there motionless in the grass for some time uncertain for how long.

Cedric rushed to Ophealia's side, shaking her shoulders in fear she was dead. "Hey...hey...wake up...Don't you dare die on me.." He put his head on her chest, hoping to hear a sign of life. Relieved, he let out a quiet sigh for her heart was working fine. Cedric shot a glare towards his mother. "I'll never forgive you…ever." He was about ot unleash his rage, when he saw a few maids and butlers running closer. Apparantly, his mother had called for help, saying that a monster had appeared and attacked them both. Of course, she was just hiding the fact that she dealt the damage. Cedric and Ophealia was brought to the medical center, where they were treated with care. Ophealia lay on a bed with a cold towel on her forehead. Cedric, arms wrapped with gauze and medical tape, sat next to her bed, waiting for her to wake up.

Slowly her eyes opened, she noticed Cedric, but forget who he was. "What? Where am I?" she said confused, since she lost her memory and had no recollection of what happened. "Who are you?" she said looking at him dazed as she was sitting up slowly.

"Wait...what?" He gave her a confused look as if she was talking crazy. Cedric put his forehead to hers. "Are you sure you're feeling alright?" He had a feeling that spell his mother put on Ophealia had something to do with this.

"Who are you?" she asked again. "I don't even know my name." lowering her gaze. She knew was some kind of royalty because of the crest he wore. "I'm in alot of pain." she said again.

Cedric sat on his chair once again. He spoke in a concerned tone. "Well..your name is Ophealia Lana. And I'm Cedric Wright." He couldn't believe she lost all her memory. In fact, he refused to believe it. "Don't you remember anything that just happened?" He then realized that he missed the fact that she was hurting. "Where does it hurt?"

"Nice to meet you Cedric." she laid back down gently. "Nothing at all." she said truthfully. "It hurts everywhere, mainly my head. What happened to me?" closing her eyes to escape the pain.

He sat there, thinking of a way to explain the events that had happened without sounding like a total weirdo. "Well...You and I were talking in the garden not too far from this castle when I basically proposed my love for you...Then my mother came and cast a spell on you, making you forgeting everything." He glanced at her hand which he put the ring on. It was nowhere to be found. Maybe it had dropped in the garden? Maybe she took it off? "Uh..does that make any sense to you?"

"I'm sorry, no I don't recall." she said shaking her head. "I don't even know why I am here or purpose of being here." She had no memory of who she was, she doesn't even know that she was a maid, lost in the world.

"So...nothing comes to mind? Not even your job, family, anything?" Cedric had made several mental notes as he tried to refresh her memory. 1) Be sure to kill mother...AFTER getting Ophealia's memory back. 2) Once you get free time, go find a cure in the library. 3) Go kill mother. Cedric stood up, extending his hand. "Well, since you can't seem to remember anything...Would you like to explore the castle in hopes your memory returns?"

"Nothing" shaking her head. She doesn't even remember that she was a maid nor her family. "I think I should rest some more before I move anywhere I'm still in a lot of pain, but once I feel okay, I would like for you to show me around then." smiling softly at him. She laid down completely and closed her eyes.

Cedric smiled, understanding her request. "I'll go and get you some tea then." He walked out of the room, headed for the kitchen. As we walked, he accidentily bumped into his oldest brother, Gavin. "Ow...oh my bad, Gavin.." Gavin looked at brother, who was obviously deep in thought. He asked him, "Something the matter? Usually, you don't bump into people." Chuckling, Cedric shook his and told him it was nothing. In the kitchen, he prepared some tea, and gathered a cup which was part of the tea set.

She laid there motionless in a deep sleep. Having no memory of who anyone was, including herself or where she was for that matter. For some reason, this place felt like home to her. When he returned back to her with the tea she sat up carefully and took a small sip.

Cedric sat gazing out the window. His arms still hurt from the spells he endured. The love of his life doesn't remember anything. Everything was going down the drain, all thanks to his mother. He walked up to a nearby bookshelf, and took a book called 'Antidotes for a Million Spells". Cedric flipped through the book frantically, skimming each page, as if he was studying for a test. He looked up for a minute, thinking of a new idea.

Ophealia awoke again this time not hurting so much. She looked around the room and didn't see Cedric anywhere, she was saddened by his absence, hoping he would return soon. The nurse approached her. "Oh good you're up. Here's some tea and food for you." placing the tray next on her lap. Ophealia took a bite of the food and a sip of tea. "That was delicious, thank you."