The Word of Approval

Cedric walked back into the medical center, holding a basket of flowers, and a small box in hand. He noticed she was awake and beamed a smile. "You feeling any better? I got you a few things." He placed the basket on a small table beside the bed. "These are freshly picked from the castle garden. I hope you like them." He sat down in a wooden chair that happened to be there. "...And I have something that I hope will trig your memory a bit."

"Feeling 80% better. You didn't have to do that Cedric." she said reaching over to smell them. "They're beautiful, Easter Tiger Lilies and Orchids are my favorite. Thank you." placing them back in the water. "What is it?"

He handed her a small velvet box and gestured for her to open it. "Well...I sorta gave this to you moments before you lost your memory." Chuckling a bit, he scratched the back of his head. "I had to search all over for it..."

She opened it, "Oh....my...Cedric. Is that...?" were the only words she could say. A little bit of her memory was coming back, but she didn't remember why he was giving it to her.

"Yep..it's a ring..." He stood up from his chair and smiled at Ophealia. "Well, I have to return to my studies now... If you need anything, I'll be in the library." Cedric walked out the door, leaving her to her thoughts. He raced to the library and went in the room of old scrolls once again. As he read in another book earlier, the only spell that could wipe memories away was an old forgotten one used by the king and queen to punish criminals.

"It's very beautiful, thank you. I'll be here resting, but when I have the strength I'll come find you." Looking at the ring she tried to remember everything that happened, but it wasn't working. She ate and had her medicine, still her body was tired and sleep was all she needed for the time being. At some point, she would see Cedric and if possible, chill with him in the library. Books were of a fascination to her so that would be fun.