The Wolf Pack: Next Gen

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zyrias bowed his head, running off instantly. He made a dash straight for the den, where Melete and Phaezro were both, at present, sitting with the various residents of their cave. The two Captains turned.
"L-Liguria needs you," Zyrias managed to get out.

Melete nodded her head, standing. "Come, Phaezro. Zyrias, you lead us."
Zyrias nodded. The three dashed back through the pack grounds, returning to Liguria immediately. He padded in with ears down and head bowed respectfully. The two captains behind him stood just as tall as normal. He never understood why they didn't show the same respect as the rest of the pack; he supposed they had their own way of communicating respect to their leader.
Phaezro inclined his head slightly in greeting. "Alpha. What's occured?"

"The prophecy was always going to come true," counselled Delphi, as Selkis paced on Alpha Rock. She sat with the rising sun on her back, watching. She suppressed a yawn - dawn was usually the time she went to sleep. "That's the thing about prophecies - they're unavoidable."
"But you said I kick-started something." The gold wolf looked down at her paws as she walked back and forth, occasionally glancing up to look at her Oracle in exasperation. "You said something was woken by me."
"The gods of destruction felt more active when I connected with the stars tonight," she said, as if it was something so simple. "They see their divine force on the earth. It's how I know something destructive has been woken. But don't worry, Selkis - there are many gods who smile down on you. The Sky Wolves are the stars' mortal children; they favour us."
"Have you seen anything?" Selkis asked. "Any glimpses of what it is?"
"If I had, I would've told you," said Delphi with a raised brow. "But if the gods see fit to show me something, I'll let you know."
"Can you tell them we need their help?" Selkis snapped. She was tired of having her life dictated by gods and prophecies.

"Selkis-" Liguria cleared her throat in the presence of the captains, "Was attacked upon her exit of my den this morning." She radiated a certain anger, perhaps not towards the Captains or Zyrias, but at what had happened.
"The perpetrator of this attack couldn't be described." She turned to Zyrias for a moment, contemplative.
"Are you sure you didn't see anything?"

Zyrias bowed his head, opening his mouth to spout another excuse-
"I think he did," Melete commented, her eyebrow raised in a disapproving stare towards the small wolf. "Perhaps he just doesn't want to say where he might be heard. Let's retreat to somewhere private, shall we?"

Liguria narrowed her eyes at Zyrias but accepted Melete's invitation. She padded alongside the two towards where they could speak quietly.

Melete led them to the far corner of Liguria's den, where they were curtained off from the rest of the world. There, she rounded on Zyrias, easing him into the corner.
"Now," she crooned, "care to tell us who it was?"

He could feel it- the pressure of her powers. The threat was better, stronger, than any emotion-manipulating stuff he could do.
"T-Toothless," he stammered out. "T-The white wolf f-from the N-North."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Phaezro demanded, striding forward.
"I was scared of what he'd do. He was angry enough to attack the other Alpha, so he'd probably not hesitate to kill someone like me in order to keep me quiet. The only reason I got away was because of my powers."

Status
Not open for further replies.