The War in the Shadows IC [Still accepting]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"He is only going to work part time. Since he is a collage student. Which means he is not going to be here 24/7." Mr. Yoshimura said in response to Erick's paranoia. He also closed the door behind them, before walking down the hall, motioning Erick to follow "I do understand your concerns. But, if he was working with the Doves. Wouldn't he have prodded for information, try to build a level of trust? In an attempt to get our secrets? He's just a random stranger. One that may not even show up every day. Maybe, once a week. Or something. As a collage student's schedule is hectic at best......But, I am not one to be left unprepared.....Next time Kaneki shows up. I want you to ask him about Foreign Exchange students at the University he used to attend....Or, if you want. You can even sneak in and take a peek at things. If you do find anything.....Odd....Just report it to me or Renji.....And we will handle it from there....But if you don't, please do not bother the young man."

His attention soon redirected to Sayuri.

"Yes, Mrs. Sayuri?" He said, his expression had a slight worry to it.​

"Boss, some informants of the doves are smart enough to not probe and prod for information. there is more than one way to gain someone's trust. the direct approach and the indirect approach. if he went the direct approach, he would've came out and said there was something off about some of the people in the shop. the fact that he may be taking the indirect approach is what's getting me. he's letting us grow accustomed to him being here slowly and letting us open up to him. that's the more dangerous of the two in my opinion. I'll have Kaneki look into the exchange program, but if I spot something out of the ordinary, I may just take him out before he can expose us. I've seen too many humans play the slow paced game of gaining a ghoul's trust only to betray him or her. plus there's one dove that really has me worried. mad mado. he's way too sharp. and if he is in the 20th ward, we are in trouble, especially if he sends a mole. now I trust you, after all, you came and stopped me from doing something really stupid back in the day. I just hope you're seven moves ahead of the doves if not more. keep seventy three plans in mind and be prepared to switch to a contingency plan at a moments notice. that's what you taught me." Erick said before he sighed "hell, you're like a father to everyone who works here. be a shame to see it all shatter."

Hamasaki Sayuri

Sayuri stopped in her tracks when she saw the two men talking. The air had a serious tension in it and she wasn't sure that she should try to cut it. The woman looked between the two men for a moment before finally starting in on her own issue. "I just smoked an unknown ghoul that was in my office building. I had never seen her before and I didn't smell her until I was in the same room as her." Sayuri threw her bag on a chair and placed her free hand on her hip, the other one was still typing away on her phone. "I don't think she had ever been in the 20th​ ward before; she was eating my boss right in his office all willy nilly like." She shook her head. "No manners, barely even tried to hide it."

She made a few swipes on her phone and then lifted the item so she could show a picture to the two guys. Luckily, she'd taken a picture of the ghouls face before leaving the scene. She really wanted to know if anyone had seen her before. "This crazy as shit brunette. Ever seen her before?" The picture was taken at an angle since Sayuri didn't want to mess with the bodies anymore that she already had. There was blood splattered around her face but the ghoul woman in the picture was clearly dead. Honestly, she probably still smelled like that dead ghoul's blood, and now that she thought about it she knew she'd have to borrow a shower before going home later tonight. "I've never seen a ghoul barge into an office building and just starting eating someone like that before. Not in this ward at least."

"Erick.....I understand your concern. But, while the Doves' members can do that. Mr. Shengshun didn't have that type of air around him. Infact, if he was taking the indirect route. Wouldn't he have done more favors for any of us. Or imply that if we needed any help with any shady business, he'd assist? No. Instead, he just needed a small task for him to do to make time fly by. And if you or Kaneki find anything. Don't kill him. For if he is affiliated with the Doves or any other group. Their suspicion, if any would be confirmed. And they'll come after us. Instead, inform me or Renji. And we will take it from there. Until then, just act normal."

After saying that, Yoshimura turned to Sayuri. Where he stared at the picture of the dead ghoul. A slight frown on his face

"I don't recognize her.....Though, it is strange for a Ghoul to suddenly do such a thing, especially in a office building.......Unless she hadn't been getting any food......Or......Mrs. Sayuri. Did you see her eyes? Was one of them like a human eye, while the other was....Y'know?" It seemed like he was testing a theory of sorts. A theory he hoped was true. "And did you notice anything else? Like anything odd, or weird at the office?"

Eric was a bit put off by what he was told, but nodded and said "I got an errand i need to run now." before he walked to the locker room and changed out of his uniform and into his street clothes. once he was done getting changed, he headed out and went to where Kaneki was damn. he smells too much like that pig Rize. he thought to himself as he followed his nose to the bookworm . "Kaneki, got a minute?" he asked as he got within earshot.

Hamasaki Sayuri

She quirked an eyebrow at Eric, who seemed upset by the response he was given. He sure as hell better not go against the manager's orders or there would be some serious problems. Shaking her head as the guy left, she turned back to Yoshimura while he studied the picture. "If she was just hungry, she would have just taken someone off the street instead of working her way passed our security card scanners and the 2 security guards and getting up to the fifth floor. And there were other people there at the time, why would she go all the way through those people specifically to find the boss?"

She shook her head at his following question. "Both eyes were ghoul." At his last question, she dropped her phone hand down and looked up, trying to remember her day at work and if anything had been weird. "No… I don't remember anything standing out. I would have smelled her if she was there before the attack, or I would have at least seen her and wondered if we got a new person…" She shook her head as she thought, then looked back down at her phone. "Ah, there. That's what I wanted. I've been trying to hack the security footage for my building to see if she came through." She started tapping at her phone again, her fingers flying across it. The screen popped up with an image and she peered at it. "I'm proven wrong. One of the security guards is different according to today's security footage. And nw that I think of it, the elevator might have been broken or something; a lot of people were using the stairs today, way more than normal."

"If not hunger.....A vendetta perhaps...." Yoshimura held his chin in thought.

"It could be possible, that the deceased ghoul had a vendetta, and had someone on the inside get her in without suspicion, whilst taking out the elevator. So that the rest of the people had to take the stairs, thus delaying their arrival to allow her to make a getaway, or to lessen likelihood of escape if she was found. Or another possibility was that she was acting on orders.....Sayuri, I hate to put you at risk. But, is it possible for you to go out and find the security guard that was different and....'Politely' ask him about the ghoul. If he knows anything. Interrogate him further. The choice of disposing of him will be left up to you....If he doesn't know anything, leave him be. With encouragement that if he tells anyone about your meeting with him. He will be a head shorter than everyone else...After that, best we lay low for a while. As I am positive the CCG will dispatch investigators to look at things."

With that said, Yoshimura went to the door leading back into the one room. The customers must've needed more coffee or tea.

But he paused for a second. "Call me or Renji if you need help."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The white haired eye patch wearing young ghoul turned to Erick. "I do." Kaneki was in middle of reading a new book made by Sen Takatsuki. Titled, "The Hanged Man."

"So, what do you need?"​

"got a bit of a job for you from the manager." Erick said "There's a new employee at Anteiku that we need you to check up on called Li Shengshun. claims to be part of a foreign exchange program. mind looking into it? he's not one of us. could be a dove plant, but the manager doesn't think so."

Hamasaki Sayuri
"It seems weird for someone to enact revenge in such a public place…" Sayuri rubbed at her forehead, letting out a sigh. "She was like… completely oblivious to my presence; was barely even trying to be discrete." She continued to tap at her phone, swiping through images and zooming in on a few. She listened to Yoshimura's polite orders and nodded. "Sure. I'll need to do some research first. Mind if I use the meeting room? I'll need my laptop for what I'm doing." She plopped down into a chair and pulled her laptop out, putting it on the coffee table and firing it up. Once it was going, her hands flew across the keyboard at an incomprehensible speed.

With his request to call if she needed help, she looked up briefly and nodded. "Will do." She waited until he was out of the room before pulling out her pack of cigarettes and sliding one between her lips, lighting it quickly and inhaling. "He'll kill me, but it's so worth it." The woman murmured to herself, inhaling again deeply and sighing the smoke out. She shook her head a little and then set out to work researching the suspected persons. She pulled up photos of the ghoul and the new security guard, humming with concern for a moment before continuing her investigation of the two. It didn't take her long to narrow in on the security guard's details and even stalked his Facebook page.

A certain post caught her attention, and she stood, shoving her laptop into her bag and striding out through the door into the patron portion of the café. She waved to the manager. "Going bowling; don't wait up. I'll text Renji if I need backup." This would be an odd thing to hear since Sayuri had never been purposefully bowling and had never really planned to. But a certain post on Mr. Security Guard's Facebook page let her know that he happened to be at the bowling ally this night every week. She would have to go in strong, incognito mode, which meant that she was going to have to dress up like a skanky, dumb blonde and play the part. She already had a plan in mind.

With her plan forming, she made her way home to get changed and put on some make up for the show. She would really need to pull this off to lower this guy's defenses.

Kaneki held his chin for a moment before responding with. "The university I went to had a Foreign Exchange Program......Though, in order to give some truth to this new employee's word. I will need to look at recent transfers. Which will take a while.." He went to a laptop he had acquired via a certain mask salesperson/ghoul.

"If you don't mind me asking. But, don't you have a hunt to go on?"

Kaneki said as he began to search records.

"You got a criminal for me?" Erick asked in response to the kid's question. "You know I hunt criminals for the bounty I can get. not to mention they actually provide a challenge more often than not."

"No. Go ask Renji or Touka when they get back. Cause, unless you wish to be paranoid of this Li Shengshun person for any longer. I have to look at the records, which can take time." Kaneki said, before going back to his laptop.

It seemed Renji and Touka were out doing something that involved picking up supplies for the coffee shop.

Which could take a few hours......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Five hours later.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hei was messing with one of his knives, watching as day eventually turned to night and the rain calmed down to a light sprinkle.

When he suddenly received a call from Huang. Pressing a button on his communicator. Huang spoke like he was reading something.

"Couldn't get much information on this Jason fella. But, the Syndicate has associated the guy with a ghoul organization known as Aogiri...Right now, they're trying to find a place that this organization frequents. How's the mission going?"

"No sign of this 'Dragon' creature." Hei responded, looking at a nearby building that had a clock on it. It read as "8:00 PM."

"Alright......Well, kept an eye out. Nighttime is coming and you know what happens at night..." Huang said before ending the call. Hei knew what Huang was talking about. Ghouls were more active at night, and Contractors would come out if they were smart.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually Renji and Touka returned to the shop. Each holding supplies. Although, only Renji stayed in the back room after depositing the bags. Touka went to her room to study.

Yoshimura went to ask Renji how things went, and of coarse chat about things.​

Hamasaki Sayuri

Around 8:15 pm or so, Sayuri stumbled back in through the door of Anteiku. She quickly caught herself and righted herself to stand up straight, lit cigarette hanging from her lips. The woman was dressed like never before: in skin-tight jeans and a flowy pink babydoll top with thin straps that cut low at the chest and high on the stomach, showing some skin. She was dappled in water from the light rain but the largest concern was the smell of alcohol coming off of her. The woman stood up straight and looked around, clearing her throat and then smoothly walking toward the counter where she leaned for a moment.

"I'm off my game." She muttered to herself and took a puff from her cigarette before looking up to see if Yoshimura was there. She wandered to the back room, spotting Renji and Yoshimura there. "Sorry to interrupt." She stubbed her cigarette out on her jeans gently and tucked it behind her ear. "I've got some info on the security guard and our rogue ghoul." The woman leaned against the wall, hunching and groaning. She'd already thrown the alcohol up as she was drinking it but it was still really bothering her stomach. Damn human foods. Slowly, the woman slid to the floor to find a spot to relax.

Without waiting for permission to speak or barge on in, she tossed her phone to the coffee table, screen-side up. On the screen, there was a picture of herself and a man at a bowling ally, clinging tightly to each other and smiles on their faces. If one were to pick the phone up and start swiping, it would lead to more pictures of her research. "So… Mr. Security Guard is actually Moto Jirou, part-time security worker, part-time lazy ass. According to drunk Moto, he was called into work at my office at the last minute that morning. He said he got a text from his boss with the date, time, and place. He then received another text message right before the lunch hour telling him that the elevator was broken so he had the janitor lock it up and put a an 'out of order' sign on it. He said he thought the second text came from the other security guard, but I stole a moment to track the number to a burner phone which is no longer in service. He also mentioned with some unnecessary enthusiasm after buying me my third shot that he got paid double for his shift today."

She took a breath after the flood of words and then started again. "It seems he actually had contact with the rogue ghoul before that night. Akiko, is what he called her. More digging revealed that her name is Yukimura Akiko, recent college graduate, promising new employee at Shogakukan Inc., the publishing company." She stopped for a moment, pressing her hand to her stomach and letting out a sigh. If she thought she was hungry before, it was shadowed by the discomfort and hunger now. "I checked her out; looks like a normal ghoul, living a normal life – the second ward none-the-less."

"I would, kid, but they're out getting supplies for the shop right now." Erick said before he went for a walk. as the sun set, he took an elevator up to the top of a skyscraper before he extended his wings and jumped up into the night sky before he assumed the form of the eight eyed dragon everyone feared more than the one eyed owl.

Status
Not open for further replies.