THE WALL IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Thompson smiled at Esther, and walked up towards the desk.
He plopped his sack of coins down on the desk and looked up at the man sitting there.

"Hi there, my name's Rick. Rick Thompson. I would like to rent the roomiest room that you got. I need lots of space for my things."

He shrugged his, to be honest, small bag that he carried on his back, towards the man behind the desk.

"Also I would like a window, please."

Here he smiled, again, and picked up the bag of coins, picking a few out.

"How much would that cost?"

Elvira stared back and forth between Belt and his notebook, before bursting into laughter. There was something so silly about such a huge man acting so excited about something. "No, I don't mind, and I would love showing you what I can do." She signed her name where he pointed to in a beautiful, intricate font, adding a small drawing of a bubbling kettle. When she was finished, Saito walked back up to the counter, interrupting them again. She was getting a bit annoyed by his lack of tact. "Name's Elvira, I specialize in enchantments and potion brewing, but I'm well versed in most forms of alchemy." She pulled a small piece of paper out from under the desk, scribbled something on it, and handed it to Belt. "Just give this to my husband and he'll set you up with a room. Now..." She turned back to Saito. "Is there anything I can do for you, sir?"

"I'm sorry, but our policy says that we can only offer standard size rooms, unless you're staying with someone else. A double room would cost you five gold per night, assuming you split the cost, and that would give you more than twice the free space of a regular room. Is there anyone traveling with you? Perhaps this lovely lady over here?" Madigan looked at Esther and smiled.

Esther got an idea the second the guy finished the explanation, giggling childishly a bit after he called her a '"lovely lady". It would only cost about 10 gold for Sleepy and her to share a room together. It cost 7 gold for a single room, why not do the both of them a favor? She stood next to Rick and spoke before he could say anything. "Yeah! This is my travel buddy! Isn't that right Sleepy?" She asked, hinting in her words for him to play along.

Rock's eyes opened wide. He looked at Esther, then at the man sitting behind the desk, then back at Esther. He thought for a moment, squinting at open space. He turned to the man behind the desk and, through a great amount of consideration, nodded his head.

"Yeah, we're.. travel buddies!" He said in his most casual sounding voice.

He handed the man 5 coins and put his coin pouch back into his bag.
Rick looked at Esther and laughed, through his throat so only he would hear.

Esther smiled brightly once Rick had backed up the story of the two being travel buddies. The both of them would get a spacious room and a rather good discount. Hopefully Sleepy didn't mind sleeping in the same room as a girl~ She dug around her bag for a moment before pulling out five gold coins and a rock with a happy face drawn on it. She put the coins on Madigan's counter then placed Rockaluffagous back in the pocket again. No one understood Rockaluffagous except her.

Belt held his notebook up to the light and admired the signature with a low whistle. He was hoping he'd meet one before returning. His head slid down to look at Saito, his words ringing through Belt's head. Another alchemist? And the puking guy, at that. He'd known that they were more common outside his town, but two in one room? Stepping back so Saito could speak with Elvira, Belt shook his head. "No, no. I'm not an alchemist." He made a couple quick, baffled notes on the topic, and backed out of the room. He threw a wave over his shoulder. "Thanks for everything, Miss!"

He returned to the lobby to find his two path buddies speaking with Madigan. Looks like it's just that one door chick still waiting. He was itching to get at that wall, but you gotta do what you gotta do. He put himself in line behind the snappy girl. They got off on the wrong foot; it happens. He'll make conversation, smooth things over. "Hey." He leaned in, speaking in gossip tones. "I met two alchemists just now. Elvira, of the inn, and that one blonde guy from the ship. Can you believe that? He was right there with us the whole time!" He watched the girl's face, just waiting for the surprise to spread across.

Status
Not open for further replies.