THE WALL IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marin had kept to herself for most of the journey aboard the ship, interacting with the crew and her fellow passengers only as much as necessary. She studied the history of the Wall and the effects it it had produced so far. So far there wasn't much of a pattern aside from the fact that no one had been able to surmount this intriguing obstacle. She herself couldn't wait to get her hands on it. To feel it's composition and perhaps discover some purpose for its construction.

At last she heard the call for land, and began to pack up her books and papers. Marin went above deck and waited until most had disembarked before making her way to shore. She saw the chaotic and awkward introductions ahead and walked slowly so as to avoid them. She was hoping to be able to get a good room for the night before her task began tomorrow. These thoughts in mind she made her way towards the inn, where people seemed to be loitering in front of the entrance.

The purple haired woman listened with interest to the other man. Poor Sleepy wore too many clothes and ended up passing out from heat stroke! At least he didn't just lay down and decide to take a nap in the middle of the hot hot outsode world! Rick should probably get checked out in case something happened to him. Heat strokes could cause organ damaged after all.

Rick motioned for her to enter first, being the awkward panda he was. She could also hear another person approaching. Wouldn't want to keep that person waiting.

"Thanks Sleepy!" She told him as she stepped inside first, grabbing Rick's sleeve and pulling him inside with her.

Cecelia sighed as she walked along the shore of the island. It was only just a few minutes ago she had gotten off the boat.
She had stayed on board quite a bit longer then she should have been due to reading a book and wanting to finish it. However, once She had finished the book and packed her things, the captain found her and yelled her off the ship. Not like she cared our even played any attention anyway.
The light wind blew threw her long hair as she made her way back to the other side of the island to make it to the inn. She didn't even realize how far she had traveled until she realized her feet began hurting.
However, as she walked she noticed something from the corner of her eye.
The wall.
She suddenly stopped as she eyed the wall for a moment before sighing. As tempting as it was she should probably get a room first.
Sighing again, she kept on walking. Better get to the inn before nightfall.​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hmph. Watch where you're going next time, jackass." Eriwen replied to Belt as she walked through the door as she gave him an icy stare. She would have loved to have punched the guy to teach him a lesson, but she'd rather not get thrown off the island before she even got to see the wall.

The Inn, was cooler than it was outside at least. To Eirwen though, that was still like she was melting in an oven. She'd definitely correct that in her room. She looked around for a moment, taking in the Inn to its fullest. It looked like a nice enough place. She'd have a room to herself at least, something that was still a bit of a foreign concept to her. They had shared most everything at the monastery, including rooms. The only ones who got their own private rooms was the Elder and any guests that were staying there. She didn't like to admit it, but she did get lonely, and it was difficult sleeping sometimes without the constant noise from one of the others living in the monastery.

"Yo, Who do I see about a room here?" She loudly asked no one in-particular.

After seeing some people enter the door he and the muscle man held open, Saito decided to check his room out as he took his long coat off. It became painfully obvious to anyone that his right arm is a seamless metal shaped arm and hand that acted as a replacement limb. Saito picked up his suitcase as he marched down the hallway to his room. Since the innkeeper would be busy with the other guest there, He would find the library himself. If the inn had one.

"Room 131 eh." Saito muttered as he found his room, unlocked the room and entered.

It was nothing special to it. A desk, bed, cabinet. Everything that came standard to an inn was there. The innkeeper was indeed right in terms of the room overlooking the wall. From where he stood, he could see all activity that could occur at the wall.

"Well, first thing first." Saito muttered as he pulled up his sleeves and started unpacking.

Soon enough, Saito's stuff is out as he grabbed his alchemy gloves and left the room, locking it behind him. The people were still there as a lady asked a question.

"Yo, Who do I see about a room here?"

"That man there is the innkeeper. He'll set you up with a room. Speaking of which, Madigan, is there any records of attempts to climb the wall here in this inn?" Saito said, pointing out Madigan with his metal right hand.

Madigan didn't have time to answer Saito's question before he rushed off to his room. "What a stressful man..." He thought to himself. People started welling in, but were mostly just loitering about. Saito came back down before any of them had time to hire a room, and asked yet another question. "Yes, Sir, and all attempts at climbing it have failed. Anyway..." He cleared his throat. "Everyone who would like to hire a room, form a nice line before the desk and I'll get you settled." He smiled at the group of people somewhat awkwardly gathering in the doorway. They were blocking others from exiting and entering, which was quite rude, but he didn't say anything about that.

"Try thanks next time." Belt said after the girl walked through the door he'd held. He nodded at his friend and the other girl, who'd somehow managed to beat him into the inn. He looked around with mild interest until the inn-keeper called them into action, at which point he made a bee-line to the desk. Placing his shovel against it, he pulled a coin pouch from his pack and plopped it in front of the man. It was rather small. "I'd like one room, please. How long will this get me?" Belt thought, and removed some coins from the pack before the inn-keeper checked. "Need some for the ride home." He offered for explanation, smiling at the man.

Seeing that the commotion at the door had finally cleared Marin herself stepped through and awaited her turn to speak to the inn keep. The place was done up nicely but she hardly expected to spending much time there. It would be a suitable place to sleep but her mind was filled with thoughts of the Wall and she knew that was where she would be spending the majority of her time. There were so many experiments that had yet to be tried, indeed because few could perform them. She caught sight of a man with a metal arm, and when he returned she saw the signiture gloves that told of his ability. This place might prove to be more interesting than she thought of other with powers were involved. Still she silently waited for her chance to rent a room.

Rick Thompson, and Esther, had only JUST arrived at the Elvira Madigan Inn, and in Rick's perspective, things were already getting hectic.

A man, whom Rick supposed was Madigan, had just shouted over the heads of all the people standing in the Inn lobby. Immediately people began to move to get in line.

Rick saw Belt stealthily swerve to the front and set his stuff down on the counter.
A lady walked in through the doors and stood behind him.

Rick decided that he should get in line before all the good rooms were taken.
He grabbed Esther's wrist and ran towards the counter.
"Come on Esther!" He said to her as he was running.

He skidded to a stop right behind the second person in line.
He let go of Esther's wrist and reached into his pocket to make sure that he had all the money he had brought with him for his journey.

Sure enough, he produced a heavy sack of coins, bronze, silver, and a single gold coin.
He gently tossed them up into the air and caught them again.
"Well I'm definitely getting a good room. What about you Esther?"

Madigan kept face as he checked through the small puch, which wasn't even full anymore. "Well, since one night including breakfast and dinner costs seven Gold, you have just enough for three nights. But, considering you don't seem like the type of guy to skip lunch, and lunch being paid for separately, you can only afford two nights, I'm afraid. However, if you were planning on staying here any longer than that, I'm sure we can work out some type of agreement. If you'd like, you can go down that hallway to your right and you'll come straight through to my wife's shop. Tell her I sent you regarding payments for your stay and she'll find something for you to do. Unless you have anything against working for lodging, of course."

"Thanks." Eirwen replied to Saito. At least someone here was being courteous. Not that she had been that friendly herself, but still. She walked over to Madigan.

"Yo, I need a room here. You got one that stays cooler than the rest? Like one without any windows or something? Maybe a room in the basement?" She didn't realize herself how odd that might sound to someone else. She hoped they did have one that was a bit cooler than the rest. Not that it really mattered. Any room she got was going to be fairy cold by most peoples standards anyways. Training with ice alchemy tended to do that. Of course, she'd keep it cool anyways. This heat was going to really mess with her abilities.

Madigan wuickly looked up from his conversation with the new guest at the woman who had interrupted them. "Miss, if you'd please stay in line like the others and wait just for your turn, we'll see to whatever request you may have."

Belt laughed heartily when when the inn-keeper mentioned having something against working for a room. He'd assumed it was a joke, and it caught him off guard. He was still laughing when the girl attempted to speak with the man and was turned away. Realizing he was holding up the line he began choking back his laughter, nodded profusely, and emptied out his coin pouch on one corner of the desk. Breathing out a thanks between coughed chuckles, Belt grabbed his shovel and stuffed his pouch away. "I'm Belt. I appreciate the offer." He managed to get out before waving the next in line forward. He found the shop without any trouble, knocking on the wall to get the girl's (wife's?) attention. She looked young. "Uh..." He pointed over his left shoulder, back down the hall. "You must be his wife. He said I could talk to you about work, in exchange for stay?" He lowered his hand to shaking height, and looked around the shop with wonder. "Belt. Are you an alchemist?"

Saito nodded as he watched her try and cut in front of the muscle mountain of a man when he felt someone looking at him. Turning, he saw a woman looking at his arm. Saito shrugged it off as he overheard part of Madigan telling the man something.

"If you'd like, you can go down that hallway to your right and you'll come straight through to my wife's shop. Tell her I sent you regarding payments for your stay and she'll find something for you to do. Unless you have anything against working for lodging, of course."

Saito was interested in this shop that was in the inn as the muscle man started walking to the shop. Saito followed the man as he soon reached the shop a little after the man. Glancing around the room, Saito knew that the Madigan's wife must have dabbled as an alchemist in the past.

"Excuse me. I was wondering what kind of shop this is. Do you sell alchemical solutions here?" Saito asked as he walked up beside the muscle man

Marin watched the man with a metal arm walk off down a hallway. She had looked away when he'd caught her gaze. Now she hoped there weren't too many alchemists here for the Wall. They'd all be getting in each other's way like that. She certainly doubted those rowdy people who had been blocking the door had any particular abilities, but looks could be deceiving. It suddenly occurred to her how tired she was and how her feet hurt from standing around. At last she stepped up to the desk.

"Excuse me, but I would like a room please."

Elvira was just finishing up tending to a customer clad in clanky iron armor when Belt walked into the shop. Spread all around the floor were glas displays showing various enchanted items, weapons and armor. Hanging on the walls were hundreds of charms, enchanted for various effects like good luck or fair health. One wall was covered in racks of small, brightly coloured flasks of potions and solutions, each with a fancy hand-written label describing their contents. One the counter surrounding Elvira stood larger potion bottles, mainly for decorative purposes as their price tags were far too high for most people who came to visit the Wall. "Oh, Madigan did, you say? Yup, I'm his wife." She used both her hands to shake Belt's, which was still larger than hers combined. "Name's Elvira, rank 5 alchemist." Suddenly Saito walked up, barging in on their conversation. "Ah, yes, on the back wall there you should be able to find whatever you're looking for. We also have samples of more potent brews in front of you, for the more selective tastes. Now, if you'd excuse me..." She signaled that she would like to continue her discussion with her prior customer. "We're always short on staff here at the inn, so any extra help we can get is most appreciated. You see, not many people are very interested in spending their days on a deserted island where the main attraction is an old, stone wall... Anyway, there are a bunch of things you could do. Although most if them require some degree of finesse..." She looked at Belt's not so delicate hands. "So I wouldn't say you're the most suitable for those jobs. However, if you don't mind early mornings, you could help load all the wares from the 4 AM ship into the kitchen storage. That sound good to you?"

Madigan tended to the next customer, setting her up in room 209. The cluttering of people in the main hall was starting to clear up, and the line seemed to be moving smoothly for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hm?!" Belt snapped out of it. He'd been staring at Elvira in unrestrained awe. "Uh, yeah." He nodded vehemently, going over her words in his head. "Yeah. Yeah! That sounds perfect! 4 AM, kitchen, loading wares. I'll be there! Thank you again for the work, Miss, I'll do my best!" He got more and more excited the longer he spoke. The other person in the room didn't even register. Taking out his notebook, he started vigorously scrawling in it, occasionally glancing up at Elvira. He tried to get all the details down, so he could remember later on. "It's amazing to meet you! I've never seen an alchemist in person before! We didn't really get those back where I come from, y'know? Just farmers, and stone-workers, and bakers, and sometimes even merchants!" He said as if it was impressive. "And rank 5! That's pretty good, right? I'll bet you can do all kinds of things! Can you show me?" After a second's thought, he held his notebook toward her. "Do you-...Would you mind signing this? Riiiiight there." He juts a finger at the end of what appears to be a description, with rudimentary drawing, of Elvira and her workshop. On the other page, similar entries about the sea and the captain were visible, the captain's signature accompanying. "I'd really appreciate it."

Saito followed the woman's finger as she pointed out the alchemical materials in the back. He walked over to the shelf and examined them. Many liquid jars sat on the shelf with the price tag beside it, but nothing that looked promising. A few glances on the other shelves told him that nothing there was going to help him with the wall as he turned to walk out. He managed to catch the woman's rank as she was talking to the muscle man.

"An alchemist eh." Saito said as he walked over to her as she finished talking to the muscle man.

"A rank 5 alchemist eh? Not bad. The higher ranked alchemist becomes harder to find nowadays since the test gets harder the higher you go." Saito stated as he looked at the lady.

"I'm Saito Mizer. A humble rank 4 alchemist. May I have your names and which alchemy do you specialize in?" Saito asked looking at both Belt and Elvira.

Marin went up to her assigned room and carefully set her bag down on a small desk. She had broght some things to work with that were kept in fragile jars. The room was simple but nice, and she felt at home. Her personal room was sparsely kept. Earth elements being her specialty she spent a great deal of her time outside. In fact the outdoors was very appealing about now. She'd unpack later. Marin walked back downstairs, half pausing at the alchemist's shop. She merely glanced in. Maybe she would visit later when there were less people there. Outside, she admired the sea, and how ships bustled at the docks. She would bet most of them were here for the fantastic Wall. Walking a ways off the path she sat in the grass. Finding a small stone she focused on making it as soft as putty, and rolled it between her fingers as she thought. If she pinched the stone hard enough it could become a sort of mock diamond, a trick she favored and gave her her last name, Diamondpetal.

Esther had to pull her bag over to the front and ready the pocket the held her money. Since she was supposed to travel to places that she had never been to, what kind of bloke would she be if she only brought a few coins? A huge bloke, that's for sure! It seems that her buddy was going to get a super fabulous extra glamorous room somewhere over somewhere else. That was good. At least he won't be hanging out in the basement like Pinky. Her tongue stick out a bit as she fished for the coins she would probably need for a room.

"Me too, Sleepy! Call me a spoiled brat, but I like a little class in my classiness. You can go first at the desk by the way~" She told him. Sleepy had been in the middle of the hot sun, catching some snooze in the midst of the bay. He obviously needed to get to a room before she did, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.