The Vampire Hunter

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Or..." With inhuman like speed, he caught Jennifer by the neck. And squeezed, his eyes burning with hatred. "Jessica is mostly right, Caroline." He cocked his head, his sword draped to his side. "Vampires, even the prince can seem nice. But look at it this way." He threw the girl away, into a wall, hard enough to make her go unconscious. He didn't look at Caroline, his voice was menacing, and poured out like a demon's own tongue, "Would you rather see the demon of a man? Or do this the most simple way and realize this isn't a test on whether vampires are good, but a test on your humanity." Once of the slits in his eye could be seen as he looked at her, his eyes like a monster ready to attack.

Caroline stared at him when he grabbed hold of Jennifer's throat. She was about to say something but she stopped herself when he threw her at the wall, "Jennifer!" She turned to glare at Shade, "How dare you! I don't care how strong and wise you think you are, you don't know Jennifer! She's a good person! I know she wouldn't kill me, even if she was commanded to!" She took a step towards him, "If you touch her again, I will make sure to hurt you. A lot. Enough to make you scream." And her expression meant it. Sure, Caroline was a very sweet and caring girl, but when someone hurt her friends, that all goes away.

She makes herself seem mean so that they would regret it. So that she could scare them into never doing it again. Though she guessed that it wouldn't work on Shade

He fully turned to her, "She is your friend..." He breathed, his voice slow and dull. "Is that what it takes for them to stop." He moved to her, and with a specific movement that seemed unnatural he attempted to use his large hands to grab both wrists and pull her shoulders behind her back awkwardly over her own head. He then stared at her, his green eyes full of hatred but with a hint of some other emotion, regret it seemed. His sword stayed by his side, but it was limp in his hand. He wanted to kill Jennifer, but he figured he might as well show her something before he did. Her threat had brushed off him like a slight breeze, if anything, he was going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Caroline flinched when he grabbed both of her wrists with his hand and pulled them over her head. She was scared. That was for sure. He could kill her or Jennifer at any given moment, "Don't kill Jennifer." She said, though it was more like begging if you listened closely. She really wanted her friend to survive this, no matter what. She would even kill herself if it was to save Jennifer

"What the..." Jennifer groaned as she slowly woke back up, no human could ever heal that fast. The girl grabbed the sac of blood before biting into it and drinking it which heals them if they are badly wounded.

"Caroline, drinking human blood is delicious and a second nature to them... we cant be seen with her and when the time comes she will kill, even if she doesn't want to..." Jessica flinched as she saw Jenny slowly drink the blood and walked to her, "this is why he turned you isn't it? To make her turn against us?"

Jenny hissed and Jessica flinched away, her hand gripping her knife.
"I don't know, all he said was that he had big plans for me..." she said slowly getting up. "Caroline, they are right...maybe not about me being evil...but he did ask me to come to him after I had been bit, and I was like a puppet on strings...I wanted to find you but he made me and when I didn't obey, it was like slowly tearing permanent teeth out from a human being...but that kind of pain was just the beginning...it was awful...pure torture...if he did ask me to kill you, I couldn't even stop it..."

Everyone stood there in silence for a moment as Shade spoke and Jessica took off his mask and gasped.

"I'm so sorry Jenny," Jessica said and put a gun up to her then twirled around to Shade andthrew down a smoke bomb, when it cleared they were gone.
Jessica threw both Caroline and Jenny in the car, the girl got in the drivers seat and started driving.
"The little girl knew what would happen so I packed ahead of time...I hope to God you know what your doing...theres a black cover, put it over Jenny she cant be touched by the sun."

They drove full speed.

Caroline went to take Shade's mask off but she stopped when she heard Jennifer was waking up. So she was alive. Good. She turned to look at Jessica when she spoke, and for a moment, she thought that Jessica would shoot Jennifer. Thankfully, she didn't. When they were thrown in the car, she took the cover from Jessica and put it over Jennifer to protect her from the sun, "Thank you Jessica."

(It's fine. I'll compensate.)

Shade stood there for a moment, his teeth practically on the edge of breaking as he bit down. He was furious, mostly at the situation, though he planned on killing Jessica when he saw her again. He put away his sword, he breathed loudly, "I'll show him pain." His voice was dull, and lifeless but he wore a smirk on his face. His only thought was of the hunt, and he wasn't going to be peaceful anymore. He had tried too but things seemed to be getting harder. He needed to be his old self right now. He looked towards the door and walked out, radiating the aura of death itself.

"You jerk, just when I was falling in love with Shade you decide to put me through this!" she smiled

It was true, she had always loved Shade, which turned even deeper. However, she never did tell him out of fear of rejection.

"I'm sorry Jessica." Caroline said, though it wasn't completely her fault that this happened, "So, where are we going?"

"Dont be silly, you were only doing what was right by your friendship with Jennifer...i dont really Shade would have liked me anyway..." She said before speeding up the vehicle.
"We are going to an old apartment of mine...it's already boarded up so Jenny wont get hurt by the sun..."

"Thanks." Was what she said when Jessica had finished talking. Caroline had never expected that she would help like this, "Wait. Won't the Hunters kill you when they find out that you're helping a vampire?" Jessica dying was one of the last things she wanted. Jessica was such a good person, and shouldn't have to die

"Hunters cant track someone unless its by the girl and guess whos waiting at the apartment..." She said driving

She replied by asking, "Who?" (Sorry, I was eating)

"Lizzy..."Jessica said, the easiest way for hunters to track hunters is her and she is with me...but we have to constantly cover up our tracks..."

Caroline nodded and said, "Thank you Jessica. For everything." She had never expected Jessica to help them like this, but she was glad that she did

"It's...it's fine...what is your plan Caroline because now we are both wanted by hunters and by vampires..." she said.

Lizzy was the most precious thing that the hunters owned, it was their source of strength within the camp, it was easy to find out who had done it but hard to catch the two.

Lizzy sat in the passengers seat, playing with her doll.

"I don't know. I have an apartment far from the city that we could go to, but other than that, I don't know." She said in response as she watched Lizzy. Poor Lizzy. She's so young, and yet she has to go through all of this. She's only seven

Status
Not open for further replies.