The Un-Identified Girl

Sunshine got up and headed to her stove where a teapot sat. It was still hot and smelled like cranberry, she grabbed a cup nearby and poured a glass slowly. Taking the small cup, she walked up to Briana with her head low and offered the tea. Sunshine looked up exchanging her green eyes towards Briana.

"Here, the warmth will help sooth the body. Cranberry is the flavor. All I had left..."

Seeing Briana's wound, she gave a soft look, almost sympathetic.

"I think it's best you stay here for a bit and rest, before I send you out."

Briana hummed in agreement, the warm drink already doing its job of soothing her body. She drank slowly, attempting to discreetly watch Bloody Sunrise a she did so. She found it rather odd that the assassin knew her name when Briana couldn't say the same for her. Briana didn't have nearly enough courage to ask though.

She was rather worried about the people back at the base. She knew two were dead for sure, and who knows how many else. It was weird that she was sitting across from their murderer. She knew that she should feel angry, but instead she just felt numb.

Sunshine sat back down in the kitchen chair and watched Briana.

"You can sit down you know. I promise I won't hurt you..."

She figured Briana was nervous and probably scared, but she didn't know how to explain things. Instead she decided to sit in silence and looked down at the steel table forged and rested her head on her hand. Sunshine let out a quiet sigh. She wanted to be more relaxed and in something comfy, but she couldn't risk her identity...

Briana nodded quickly and grabbed a chair. It was quiet for a few minutes, which she appreciated. She liked the quiet, and felt herself naturally calm in it presence. She often wished that she was better at speaking. She always had so many questions to ask; curiosity could only be satisfied so much by pure observation alone. Instead, she usually just let the words die on her tongue.

Her mother used to say that everyone had their own Achilles's Heel, and that no matter how good you were at something, you always had a weakness. For Briana, it simply didn't matter how good her inquisitive skills were; if she couldn't question the world around her, she could only go so far.

She looked over at Bloody Sunshine, laying her face against the table; Briana rested her head on one hand. She wondered what Bloody Sunshine's Achilles's Heel was. She knew, however, that she'd never ask.

Sunshine took a notice in Briana from a glance that she was looking right at her. She sat up and faced Briana head on, but she didn't have any signs indicating she was angered or tense. She was calm, almost like she was in the same room with Briana before. Well at least before the incident at the HeadQuarters. Sunshine leaned in.

"You sure look like you could speak a thousand words." She said with a hidden smile.
"I really miss company, you should humor me...."

Sunshine pulled back her hood revealing tied up, burgundy colored hair. She untied it slowly looking into Briana's eyes as her hair flowed down revealing it's long length.

Briana stood in awe as Bloody Sunshine pulled back her hood, releasing her long mane of deep burgundy hair. She was well aware of the fact that she was likely one of the few people to ever see the assassin as vulnerable as she was at that moment. The strange sort of intimacy of the situation made her feel rather awkward, but also some pleasant feeling that she couldn't quite describe.

She also understood that Bloody Sunshine wanted her conversation as well as her company, and she really did wish that she could comply with her wishes, though she didn't have much faith in her ability. She resolved, however, to at least give it her best effort, and attempted to address the taller woman seated across from her.

"Um, y-you, uhh, your h-hair. It's, uhh, n-nice. R-really red."

Seriously?! Really red? Well, Bloody Sunshine's hair certainly couldn't be any redder than Briana's face was at the moment.

Sunshine laughed at Briana's comment, it's been a long time since she heard a positive comment along with someone stuttering to speak it out. She smiled to see Briana's face too, but catching herself she realized how much she missed communication with people. Sunshine slowly got up from the table and headed towards the fridge opening up. Taking a moment to decide, she thought she would be polite and asked;

"Thanks, too bad that is the only thing "nice" about me... Want something to eat?"

Sunshine grabbed herself a red apple as she waited for Briana to reply. She appeared so comfortable around Briana, but she didn't leave her defenses completely down. Guess Sunshine was just too excited to have company. Now if only she could get her to talk more, she would be happier.

Briana initially shook her head, but changed her mind halfway through and gave a small nod.

"Um-mm, coffee. P-please."

The tiredness that was associated with blood loss was already returning, and she figured that there was no better solution than a coffee. Caffeine was her best friend on a good day, and an absolute necessity on the rest. Thus, she developed a rather intense caffeine addiction over the years; not that she'd ever do anything to quell it, for it was the most enjoyable bad habit that she'd ever come across.

Sunshine looked back at Briana confused.
"You want to eat coffee?"
Sunshine chuckled but knew what she meant but then sighed. She closed the fridge and walked up to Briana while looking down at her.
"How do you like your coffee Briana?"

Here eyes were a little more stern then usual, Sunshine was about to make her a probably stupid mistake.

Briana's eyes lit up at the promise of her very own kind of liquid ecstasy.

"S-sugar. Uh-h, lots."

She noticed the red-headed woman's face tense with uncertainty, of which she didn't quite understand. What about coffee caused her stress? Coffee should only bring joy and serenity to those it comes in contact with. She really hoped that she hadn't offended Bloody Sunshine in some way; maybe she was allergic to coffee?

Sunshine nodded and tied her hair back up. Not a single strand dropped to her face. She pulled up her hood and began to walk out with her arms dangled.
"Don't go anywhere. You still need to rest from your wound, besides it's not safe right now."

She walked out the door without making a sound before Briana's eyes.
Sunshine knew it was even dangerous for her, but she learned that even "criminals" had fans. Sadly she believed she wasn't a criminal but no one would think the same, not after what she all had done. She had her reasons though...
Sunshine decided to refrain from jumping rooftops and instead walked in the dark. Not far off was a comic store where she knew a big fan of her's named Edgie. Though she thought his name was odd, he was useful. She walked in sneakingly.
"Pst, Edgie..."
"Oh my! It's Bloo-"
"Shut it! I need a favor." She said as she grappled him.
"I need you to go to the coffee shop and get me a coffee with a lot of sugar in it..."
"Uh, sure thing. Is that it?"
"Yes and then I will sign an autograph or something next time I come around."
She never did when she told Edgie she would, but he never learns. Edgie ran off to the coffee shop to get Sunshine's request while she hid in the back room. Didn't take him long though, he probably legitlly ran knowing him. He entered the back room and handed her the cup of coffee, but before he could say anything, Sunshine grabbed it and ran off heading back to her place.

Briana watched wordlessly as Bloody Sunshine slipped soundlessly out of the kitchen, leaving her alone. Odd, but she wouldn't complain, seeing as it gave her prime opportunity to take a quick peek around the room. Attempting to keep her footsteps light, Briana slipped around the room, opening cupboards and rummaging through drawers. Most of the cupboards contained pretty normal things, such as pots and pans, though she did find one drawer that seemed to store various different types of knives that were most certainly not used for cooking; she moved on from that drawer pretty quickly.

Upon opening the fridge, she was extremely surprised to discover that Bloody Sunshine had a rather decently stocked fridge, especially considering her rather unusual lifestyle. She wondered if perhaps Bloody Sunshine enjoyed cooking; Briana had become a decent cook herself over the years, having spent a good portion of her teenage years cooking for herself and her younger brother whilst their mother worked late. She didn't particularly enjoy cooking, but it did provide her with wonderful feelings of nostalgia that she had little success finding elsewhere.

She quickly sat back in the chair and patiently waited for her captor turned hostess to return, content to lose herself in her memories for the time being.

The walk back was easy enough surprisingly. Sunshine thought it would be heavily patrolled since her attack but there were only one or two occasionally driving by. She assumed they were focusing on one area which was more than ok to her because it gave her time to think about what to do with Briana. Sunshine tried to get back as fast as she could while the coffee was hot but it seemed like the walk was forever. A couple turns down some allyways, small jumps and an underground passage way, Sunshine made it to her front door. Slowly opening it she peeked in making sure there was no one else there and if the girl was still there. She was surprised to see her sitting right where she left her, she entered cautiously and sat the coffee down in front of her.
"Lot of sugar... Like you like it. If it's too cold for you I can warm it up."

Sunshine turned her back and headed to her room almost as if she was down and begun to undress. She didn't fully close the door for the fact she wasn't use to company. She dressed down everything except undergarments and her mask. She begun to change into baggy and comfortable clothes.

Briana shook her head at Bloody Sunshine's offer to reheat her drink for her. She was sure it would be fine. She took a nice long sip, letting the flavor be thoroughly explored by her taste buds. Taking another sip, she watched as Bloody Sunshine headed back into her room to change. She blushed at the sight of the assassin's newly exposed flesh, and quickly turned away (though she couldn't resist peeking a few times. She was reasonably curious about how the woman looked when she wasn't in her costume. Honestly, that was all it was. Really.)

Briana generally wasn't a very modest person, but once again, the intimacy of the situation caught her off-guard.

Sunshine replaced her jacket with a long grey shirt that read "Replacement", then changed her pants to blue sweats. The only thing that didn't change was her masked that hid most of her face. She stretched and yawned before returning to the kitchen looking at Briana.
"Huh? What's the matter? Do you have a fever?"

She noticed Briana looked rather red. Sunshine stood with her arms crossed. She looked rather odd wearing a mask with her comfort clothing, but her eyes always held more then her stiff body language.

Briana shook her head fiercely at Bloody Sunshine's inquiry about her health. "N-no, just, ahh... y-yeah." Dammit, curse her face for betraying her. It was so red she could literally feel her blush as it grew. She chose to look down at her hands instead of into her counterparts eyes.

She was rather jealous at the moment of Bloody Sunshine, who got to cover her face with a mask. If Briana could cover her face all the time without being accused of being a gang member, she totally would, as it would effectively cover her blush.

"Do y-you, ahh, w-wear it. A-always. Y-your, um, m-mask?"

Sunshine looked down at the ground when Briana asked about her mask. It wasn't something she ever thought she would have to explain, thus she sighed and glanced at Briana with saddened, emerald eyes.
"My mask is the only thing that makes me feel somewhat pretty. If anyone was to see underneath, I don't know how they would react..."
Sunshine almost looked like she was about to shed some form of emotion, but instead she turned away and headed to the bathroom to wash her hands and brush her hair before the night was over.
"If you want, you can have my bed while you rest here..." She said from within the bathroom. Her voice trailed with sadness.

Briana frowned at the worrisome tone of the marauder's voice as she spoke about her mask, and resolved to find out more info on it later. For now, she needed to focus on getting some rest; caffeine could only do so much when your body was healing. She did, however, have some reservations about taking Bloody Sunshine's bed, seeing as she didn't see a couch or another bed for the red-head to sleep on. In the end she decided that she'd prefer to just accept the woman's hospitality, rather than argue over it. She was sure that Bloody Sunshine was quite capable of taking care of herself, and if it came down to it, they could just share the bed as it looked to be big enough.

She wandered back into the bedroom and crawled into the bed with little ceremony. She'd have to try and ask Bloody Sunshine if she could borrow a set of clothes in the morning, but she was sure the woman would be fine with it for now, seeing as this was where she had been out earlier. Forcing her mind to calm down, she closed her eyes, and was asleep within minutes.

When Sunshine finished readying herself for bed, she approached her room to see that Briana was fast asleep in her bed. She thought for a moment of how she should go about the night. She didn't have any other spot to sleep on unless you think a hard floor is suitable. Finally she was in no mood to play "Nun" and approached the bed. Sunshine fluffed her pillow and pulled the covers down from her side, then turned to her nightstand and took off her mask. She didn't expect Briana to see since she was asleep and by morning Sunshine would already be awake by habit. So what did she have to worry about? She gently folded the mask and set it down on the nightstand as Sunshine crawled into bed. She layed opposite of Briana and as far as she could for personal space for the both of them. Now the only thing she had to worry about was the night taking too long. It took a few hours for her to get to sleep as she had much on her mind and even then her night was restless.

As usual, once the sun rose up, so did Briana. Yawning groggily, Briana stretched before making her way to the kitchen. Unfortunately, Bloody Sunshine din't have any coffee that she knew of, so she'd just have to power through. Bloody Sunshine wasn't in the kitchen, so Briana assumed she was either in the bathroom, out, or still sleeping. Looking around for something to entertain herself with, she noticed the lack of a tv and wasn't awake enough to go looking for one in any unexplored area that may or may not actually be in the hideout, but luckily their was a small bookshelf, although only partially stocked. Grabbing a book at random, she sat at the table and waited.