2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
It has been decades since the fall of Voldemort and his followers. A lot of progress has been made since then. The Ministry underwent massive reform under the administration of former Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. Pureblood-centric laws have been abolished, and the ministry, allegedly cleansed of its corruption and prejudice, has never been better. Progress, in a smaller scale, has also been made in strides: the wizarding world has shed its old-fashioned ways and begun adopting modern technology and pop culture.

Some say that these changes are for the better, but there are those who would argue otherwise. For not all changes have been good; and sometimes what is proclaimed to be progress is, in fact, the opposite.

In 2019, the Progressive Society for Worldwide Peace and Cooperation (PSWPC) forced the Ministry's hand to reveal itself and the existence of the wizarding world to muggle society. Many believed this was for the best, that it was high time for both worlds to co-exist. And yet, relations between the two remain hostile.

It is the dawn of a new decade, and the polarizing political climate and sensationalist media have had a dire effect on the people. Misinformation and panic have been spreading. Although Voldemort was defeated years ago, his influence still remains. More and more, as society grows ever polarized, people are starting to regress to old habits. There are those who claim that Voldemort was an innocent man. And at least half of the wizarding population has begun rallying behind his modern incarnation, Julius Ainsworth, whilst loudly proclaiming their discontent for the current Minister.

Many believe that there would be a war soon. The only question is when.
CHAPTER I. THE WARY AND WEARY WIZARDS

Date: August 30th, 2020
Time: 11am
Event: Shopping for School Supplies
Weather: Sunny

It is a day before the start of term. Muggle-wizard relations are still tense in the wake of the recent terrorist attack. In order to ensure the safety of wizards and their homes, muggles are no longer permitted within any wizarding town or establishment. Meanwhile, the students of Hogwarts are to do their shopping in groups. The Leaky Cauldron--a pub that once connected London and Diagon Alley--has recently been closed down, forcing the students to take a different route to get to the shopping district.

It is a good thing that the professors of Hogwarts are watching over the students and taking lead. In this tumultuous time, these understandably anxious teenagers are easily frightened. With the professors around, things should go relatively smooth-sailing.
Write-up by Adrian | Coding by Adrian | © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / SS / EXT / OOC
1 / 2

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Felix Sloan

Interactions: Cyrus Grey @Bubbly Potions
Felix was never just late, he was fashionably late. The blond boy looked like he'd just come out of a photo-shoot, which might have very well been the case. Decked in a sequin-patterned shirt, tight-fitting ripped jeans, and five-inch heeled boots, Felix stood out like a sore thumb in the crowd of people. Despite the hubbub, Felix walked on as if he were still on the runway, occasionally checking his phone for any new notifications.

His sunglasses all but dipped in shock when he read that there had been a firework explosion in Diagon Alley just a few minutes ago. The Grapevine had posted about it on Wizagram, along with a video of Joan, Jasper, and Robin getting scolded by Professor McGonagall. He wasn't all too surprised that Joan and Jasper were involved, but Robin? How scandalous. As always, it seemed Rory was always the first to report about these things. Shame Felix wasn't there to witness the chaos unfold.

He happened to pass by the broomstick shop when he spotted Cyrus inside. Normally, he wasn't the type of person to step foot in such a store, but he simply had to talk to the Grey twin. The doorbell chimes tinkled in tune with the bangles on his wrist as he entered. His face scrunched up as the smell of wax and wood assaulted his senses.

"Hullo there, dearie," Felix planted a kiss on Cyrus' cheek and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Curiously, she was alone. "What are you doing without your super cute brother? Do you even know what happened to him?"

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Cyrus Grey

Interactions: Felix Sloan @Adrian
Cyrus's delightful daze was dashed the moment she heard the chime of the door and the sing-song voice of Felix. Turning to look at him only to be greeted by soft lips on her cheeks. A gesture that her brows knit together. Truthfully, she didn't mind the gesture but the sudden invasion of her space made her want to pull away.

"I lost him in the crowd and no, I don't know what happened to him. Surely, I'll find soon enough because you've always got away with gossip." Cyrus admitted checking her slightly polished nails of a nice nude shade and her long nails groomed into a perfect almond shape. Nibbling on her bottom lip. Feeling rather out of sorts with Felix and his glamourous and out there appearance, as well, her own different appearance.

"So are you going to lurk about, or spill the gossip. Because I'd believe my brother is the reason for some sort of explosion I heard beforehand. In that case, I have a fucking nose to break for leaving me out of it." She glanced up at Felix her mousy brows admiring the work on his makeup today. "What was the theme of this shoot?" Cy asked curiously, likely reaching up lightly brushing his hair into its shape once more it seemed the wind left some dust on his head. Disturbing the pretty snowfall his locks reminded her of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostly Boo
FONT1FONT2

Persephone Gaunt

Interactions: None
Persephone Gaunt found her salvation in the bookstore of Flourish & Blott's that wasn't completely crowded but wasn't quiet either. Wireless earbuds cancelled out most of the noise as she hummed a light melody matching that of the muggle singer playing through her phone. The smooth strum of the guitar sent little goosebumps up her back. Music offered her a sense of thrill. An escape, perhaps.

Losing her brother in the fussing crowd, Percy was glad to be rid of him. Saving herself from the bickering and nastiness of her elder brother. Eyes puffy from her sobbing that morning at the discovery of her mangled pygmy owl Pip on her pillow blood seeped into her pillow and the end of her hair. Everything seemed like work not to break down into tears. Music distracting her from the hollow place in her heart for the loss.

Percy wiped a stray tear from her cheek as she wandered through the lines of shelves. A pile of books tucked into her right arm. Murmuring the words to her song she was listening too. In a sad and melodic voice that was tender in the air. Standing on her toes she plucked books from the shelves carefully reading the covers. Nibbling on the bottom of her lip as she focused. Momentarily suffocating the voice of music leaving her.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Lauren Harrison

Interactions: None
The the explosion sent crowds storming away and throwing eachother out of the path. One wizard was flung at the windows of the rickery old Junk Shop that Lauren was exploring shattering and sparying shards at people. Fear had taken life in these people and they'd broken the windows in their escape. Other witches and wizards hit the floor. Laurie closest to the windows kicked herself under a table shaking cupping her cheek. Looking at the trace of blood on her fingers. The echoed shreks from the shop owner were muffled by Lauren panic.

The air felt so still and heavy. Hard to breathe. Her lungs ached bitterly. Although the shop owner was asking everyone if they were okay and seeing Lauren hiding under the table with glass cuts all over her pale cheeks. The thick head of red hair completely filled with shards of glass that would need to be removed. Curling in on her knee. Ignoring the muffled voices as her ears wouldn't stop the deafening ringing.

Only an inch from rocking back and forth on the spot. She thought of Henry who she promised to meet before all this. What would he think of seeing her like this? That's what she thought about in the gravity of the situation. Not that she had a cut-up face, hair littered with glass and completely in the midst of a panic attack. Stifling out a bitter sob she heard her phone tweet like a little bird. Reaching into her pocket, she looked at the text and quickly typed her reply.

Junk Shop. Careful of the glass.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Joan Lambert

Interactions: Jasper Grey (@Ghostly Boo), Robin Fox (@Sanguine Fox)
Joan almost tripped on her feet after Jasper shoved her from behind. She gave him a death glare. It was a good thing she caught herself just in time. Her day was already bad as it is; she didn't need to fall flat on her face on top of that too. As she begrudgingly approached Mr. Fernsby to apologize, she could still hear the exchange between Robin and Professor McGonagall.

"Then perhaps read my lips, Ms. Fox. Detention." The headmistress paused with each syllable for effect. She gave an exasperated sigh, bringing a hand upon the creases on her brow. "Forgive me, it's been a long day." With another flick of her wand, she uttered an incantation that would presumably help with Robin's hearing.

"Mr. Grey, you'd do well to enlighten Ms. Fox on the situation. Now, if you excuse me," She gave them one last meaningful look before turning her back on them and disappearing into the crowd outside.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2
Robin Fox
Location: Gambol and Japes---Interactions: Joan [@Adrian], Jasper [@Ghostly Boo]
Robin blinked owlishly, her gaze having not strayed from the Professor once she appeared. Despite her situation, she tried desperately to catch on to the words muttered but for the most part, she could pick up nothing. Lip reading, it seemed, was not a skill of hers as she struggled to understand most of the conversations around her. It wasn't until McGonagall was focused on her, the older professor purposefully slowing down her words, punctuating each syllable that Robin caught onto anything concrete. Detention. Robin gaped, looking wide eyed between her fellow students and the professor, parroting back a weak, "Detention?"

The professor luckily, while Robin was lost within her confusion and her mourning of her perfect no detention record, cast a spell to recover her hearing and Robin was left stunned when sound suddenly replaced the tiring ringing from before. Grey eyes blinked tiredly, a frown on her features as she turned back to the Professor, who looked positively worn out. She wanted to protest her detention - especially since she hadn't caused anything but in that moment, she didn't have the will to add to the woman's evident stress. So she decided to reluctantly, just accept it for now.

Turning to Jasper and Joan, Robin slowly gathered herself back up to her feet with a huff, brushing some of her hair from her face as she looked at them rather amusedly, though it was evident she was upset still at the resulting detention, "While that was amazingly cool and the best start to the year - W-what exactly just happened? and...why do I have detention now?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
FONT1FONT2

Everett Sayre

Interactions: Penelope Foxx
@Ghostly Boo
Everett made sure to check her over thoroughly. Any bumps or buises, he let out a sigh of relief when he could see none that marred her. "I am fine, I was more concered with you." He sighed softly and looked over his shoulder out the window where people were in a full panic. He pulled Penny closer to him, holding her closer to his heart. At the head mistress's announcement he gave a small sigh of releif. Pranksters should know better in times like these. "It's ok, Pen, just someone's idea of a prank."

FONT1FONT2

Echo Sayre

Interactions: Alistair Blackbourne
@Adrian
Echo was walking nex to Alistair her hands together infront of her demurely, when the commotion struck, her eyes immediately going to Alistair with a rise of fear. It was the announcement from Professor Mcgonagal that seemed to calm the sea of chaos. Her heart still had a thudering in her chest. She shook her head, "Really, a prank like that in light of the recent events at the Ministry is truly distastful. I hope they get reprimanded." She adjusted her summer robes on her body some, feeling a slight bit uncomfortable now. As they made their way to their destination, Alistair being ever the gentleman opened the door for her. She nodded to Alistair, "Thank you." She made her way inside and took a deep breath loving the smell that Flourish & Blott's always had lingering in the air.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Henry Chen

Interactions: Laurie @Bubbly Potions
When the explosion occurred, the first person that came to Henry's mind was Laurie. He had been lurking around the shops before then, just fooling around with his friends, when it happened. Of course, it later turned out it was a false alarm, but there was a nagging part in Henry's brain that told him he should check on Laurie anyway. The boy immediately whipped out his phone and sent her a short message asking for her whereabouts. Laurie replied instantly. The fact that she was so quick about messaging made Henry sigh a little in relief, until she read her message in its entirety.

The boy quickly rushed out of the broomstick shop, in spite of his friends' loud protests. Within seconds, he reached the junkshop, which was in a terrible state of disarray.

The shopkeeper had only just begun cleaning up the mess with the help of some magic. Henry looked left and right, trying to find Laurie. Eventually, he noticed her small form huddled underneath a table mounted with various trinkets.

"I tried to get here as fast as I could," Henry said as he knelt down on one knee, one hand grabbing hold of the table's edge to stabilize him. His eyes wandered over to her wounds. She was clearly in shock. For a moment, Henry didn't know what to say, but he could feel all sorts of emotions seeing her like this. Unfortunately, Henry wasn't well versed in healing magic. That had always been Laurie's forte, although she was too indisposed to use her skills at the moment.

Henry did what he could and dusted off some of the glass shards from her hair and clothes.

"Come on, let's get you to the professors," he beckoned, helping her up as gingerly as he could.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Alistair Blackbourne

Interactions: Echo Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose
Upon entering the establishment, they were greeted with the smell of fresh parchment and old books. Alistair's eyes wandered towards the book titles on the shelves, only occasionally looking down at his shopping list of school supplies. While other witches and wizards had begun adopting modern muggle technology, Alistair stuck to the old-fashioned way of doing things, much like the Blackbournes before him.

A thought suddenly occurred to his mind as he was browsing for books.

"My aunt wanted me to find out if you had decided on the flowers for our wedding yet," Alistair said, his words devoid of any emotion. He made "wedding" sound like some kind of business deal, which was likely how he viewed the arrangement. He picked out pairs of books from the shelves, one for him and one for Echo. "I find it unnecessary. If I had it my way, I would do away with all the frivolities. But she told me to ask you anyway."

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Jasper Grey

Interactions: -- Joan Lambert @Adrian - Robin Fox @Sanguine Fox
Jasper grimanced ever so slightly at the professors tone towards Robin, who had definitely stumbled upon them at the wrong time. He dug into his pockets for some coins, placing two Galleons on the counter to pay for the items they'd unintentionally used up. "Sorry mate," he added after Joan apologised.

He turned to Robin, a smirk beginning to curl at his lip. "Well, entertaining, yes. But it's not a great start, you definitely chose a bad time to stumble upon me and Joan. You've already lost your house fifty points...and have some good old detention with yours truly and..." he gestured with a thumb over his shoulder at Joan. "That one. "

"I have to say Joan, it's a bit of a record for us eh?"
He asked turning back to her with a grin. "Down a hundred points already."

FONT1FONT2

Penelope Foxx

Interactions: -- Everett Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose
Penny released a meek sound that was remarkably close to a laugh as she shook her head. "Of course you were, you're a big softie," she murmured. He possibly also cared for others far more then he did himself.

She allowed herself a brief moment to relax into the comfort of his hold, allowed it to sooth and calm her before finally drawing away from him, taking a small step back to put some space between them. "People shouldn't prank after what happened here," she said with a slight shake of her head.

She offered him a small smile as she lightly tapped his gloves. "Shall we get these and finish the rest of our shopping?" Nothing had happened, best thing to do was act natural and calm down.

FONT1FONT2

Arnold Byrne

Interactions: Elliot Graves (@Ghostly Boo) Izabelle Nightgale (@Esmeralda Blackheart)
Although Arnold was used to Elliot's peculiarities, there were days when the eccentric boy still managed to surprise him. After Elliot made his musings known, Arnold couldn't help but let out a sarcastic, "Ok, C-captain Obvious." Professor McGonagall had just made an announcement about the apparent explosion, after all. Somehow Elliot had managed to tune that entire part out. It was almost admirable.

However, Elliot's next observations had Arnold nodding in agreement. Floo powder and a mispronunciation was the most plausible scenario considering Izabelle's disheveled state and the circumstances. Arnold was no stranger to mispronunciations himself.

"Occam's Razor," He added, only just as soon as the words left his mouth he once again grew aware of the girl clinging onto him. It was as if someone had flipped a switch. The boy was back to his usual shy, floundering state.

"She is scared," explained Arnold who, despite being more awkward, certainly knew more social rules than Elliot did. "It is a method of self-r-r-r-" He grew red as he struggled to say the rest of the word. "R-r-reassurance," he finally blurted out, palming his chin out of nervous habit.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Lauren Harrison

Interactions: Henry Chen @Adrian
Lauren's blue eyes were wide and darting when she noticed Henry finally had burst through the door. A small sniffle left her as she went to wipe her tears away. Closing her eyes when he dusted the shards of glass from her hair and clothes. Sparing the chance that any would get her in the eyes and cause more problems. Then she gripped the hands he offered her, getting up with a little wobble in her step.

She offered a little shaky nod looking up at him, a sad and wary smile tugging at her cheeks when looking towards him. Lightly wrapping her arms around him. "Thank you for coming, Hen," Laurie muttered into his clothes careful of getting blood on them. "It means a lot…" She was so honest about that point. How much it meant to her, so much more than he'd ever know.

Peaking up at him from his chest, the bubbly girl appeared a little more like her normal self. The presence of a special person always helped with recovery. Henry just happened to be that person for Lauren. Pulling away, heat growing in her cheeks. Overcome with embarrassment with her sudden forwardness. "Should we go then?" She offered him her hand lightly after rubbing sweat palms of her pants.

Observing Henry's appearance offering him a very Lauren Harrison kind of smile.

FONT1FONT2

Lysandra Wu

Interactions:
@Ghostly Boo - Albert
--
"Thank you for the ride, Ms Winesore!" Her cheerful tone traveled to the ears of passersby as she leaned in to place a kiss on her god mother's cheek and a quick hug. Lysandra and Albert had finally arrived near Diagon Alley. She was feeling quite pleasant that day, and her energy level was high as her steps skipped beats. She could not wait for school to start and shopping for school supplies are always fun.
Highly unaware of the commotion that happened before they arrive, her fingers wrapped around Albert's arms as she dragged him along into the shopping district for witches and wizards.
"Where shall we go first? Madam Malkins? Couldron shop? Apothecary--
Ooooh. I need to go to Quality Quidditch Supplies to get a new cleaning kit. But I can do that later, probably. So hm.." She was busy looking down at her phone where she kept the shopping list, unaware if Albert replied to her or not. She looked up, grinning at him. "I made up my mind. Let's go to Madam Malkin's first! The suiting will take quite long, so might as well get that over and done with."

FONT1FONT2

Izz Nightgale

Interactions: @Adrian - Arnold
@Ghostly Boo - Elliot
--
Izz walked around with blurry eyes, snot and tears running down her face as she walked with no particular directions. Greasy hands began to touch her, their morbid stench filling her nose as she tried to shake them off. As she walked up a Having forgotten that there was another with Arnold, her form jolted quite violently at the sudden pat from his companion, She cocked her head, and eyed him warily before coming to the conclusion that he was rather... harmless. She stared at him, curiosity rising.
Izz unwrapped herself from Arnold's, having been calm and not feeling so triggered anymore. She held her hand towards Elliot, standing awkwardly, dwared by the half giant, "Hi. Izabelle!" Ah. Short and sweet was her introduction.
She nodded profusely, agreeing to Arnold's words. "Yes. Scared. Greasy people touched me." Her voice was loud as she proclaimed her grievances, and she crinkled her nose, shuddering, unaware that the inhabitants of Knockturn Alley were looking and listening to them.

FONT1FONT2

Elliot Graves

Interactions: -- Arnold Byrne @Adrian - Izz Nightgale @Esmeralda Blackheart
Elliot narrowed his eyes at Arnold, trying to assess him. His expression suddenly brightened. "That was sarcasm!" He said proudly. He was slowly learning after all, though he didn't understand how it made him captain obvious.

He blinked slightly at the hand offered to him. He accepted it, shaking her hand. "I'm Elliot," he offered before taking his hand back and tucking it into his pocket, fiddling with his junk ball once more.

"You're fear is unnecessary, these people were perhaps interested in your cleaner appearance in such a place, though you've gotten your reassurance now so you should be fine." He lifted his gaze to Arnold. "My ice cream is gone, perhaps we should simply continue with collecting our supplies?" He asked. He assumed they were finished with Izz since she was no longer clinging to him. After all, people didn't stick around them very long.

Reactions: Lisianthus
FONT1FONT2

Albert Winesor

Interactions: -- Lysandra Wu @Esmeralda Blackheart
Albert gave his mother a brief hug before the grasp on his arm was tugging him away and into Diagon Alley. He wished she could have joined, he hated leaving her when it was clear she was still sad and not herself after the whole mess with his father. He'd just have to write to her more.

He moved a hand to touch Lysandra's hand, gently maneuvering her through the crowd so she didn't bump into anyone. It was clear something had recently happened and everyone was somewhat...high strung. He arched a brow at her as she spoke, wisely remaining quiet as she spoke. He knew better then to think she would actually hear him, she would decide for herself in a moment.

"Very well, Madam Malkin's it is," he mused. He shifted and tugged her out of the way of others since the streets were practically bursting with activity. "I wonder what happened..." he murmured to himself as he lead the way to Madam Malkin's.

It didn't take long before he was tugging the door open for Lysandra before following in after her.

Reactions: Bubs and Lisianthus
FONT1FONT2

Lysandra Wu

Interactions:
@Ghostly Boo - Albert
--
And whilst her features were schooled, a pleasant smile across her face as they entered the establishment, her heart skipped a beat. Albert, kind and gallant, had as usual, steered her through the crowd, ensuring that she did not bump into anyone. And though the gesture touched her, she knew it meant nothing much to him. He treated everyone with the same kindness, and it could be quite aggravating.
Not today, Mei Xing.She didn't need her mood to turn sour. Casting everything aside, she focused on enjoying today.
"I'll go first." Knowing Albert, he would've made her go first either way. She took off her heels and hopped on an available stool. "Good day, Madam Malkin! I'd like to order two sets of normal robes, and 2 quidditch robes please." She chattered away with the kind woman as her measurements were taken, learning some interesting things along the way. Hopping off the stool soon as she was done, she made her way towards Albert. "Did you know? Some students from our school set off some fireworks and caused panic!"

FONT1FONT2

Albert Winesor

Interactions: -- Lysandra Wu @Esmeralda Blackheart
Albert grabbed Lysandra's shoes, silently moving them out of the way before settling down onto one of the offered seats for waiting. He took the time to read through one of the recent newspapers left on the small table between then, while Lysandra finished getting her measurements for new robes.

This was definitely the first he was hearing about the terrorist attack, since he wasn't allowed to receive owls, not to his family home anyway. He turned the paper to look at the pictures as they shifted and moved, something he still felt some amazement at seeing.

He folded the paper and put the paper down as Lysandra returned. He gave her a surprised look, giving away his obvious lack of knowledge though she would have already known. "They really shouldn't have done that, all these people are already nervous about the recent muggle attacks..." he gave a light shake of his head as he got to his feet. "I hope they were justly punished, it was a cruel joke to pull," he stated simply.

Reactions: Bubs