2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
It has been decades since the fall of Voldemort and his followers. A lot of progress has been made since then. The Ministry underwent massive reform under the administration of former Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. Pureblood-centric laws have been abolished, and the ministry, allegedly cleansed of its corruption and prejudice, has never been better. Progress, in a smaller scale, has also been made in strides: the wizarding world has shed its old-fashioned ways and begun adopting modern technology and pop culture.

Some say that these changes are for the better, but there are those who would argue otherwise. For not all changes have been good; and sometimes what is proclaimed to be progress is, in fact, the opposite.

In 2019, the Progressive Society for Worldwide Peace and Cooperation (PSWPC) forced the Ministry's hand to reveal itself and the existence of the wizarding world to muggle society. Many believed this was for the best, that it was high time for both worlds to co-exist. And yet, relations between the two remain hostile.

It is the dawn of a new decade, and the polarizing political climate and sensationalist media have had a dire effect on the people. Misinformation and panic have been spreading. Although Voldemort was defeated years ago, his influence still remains. More and more, as society grows ever polarized, people are starting to regress to old habits. There are those who claim that Voldemort was an innocent man. And at least half of the wizarding population has begun rallying behind his modern incarnation, Julius Ainsworth, whilst loudly proclaiming their discontent for the current Minister.

Many believe that there would be a war soon. The only question is when.
CHAPTER I. THE WARY AND WEARY WIZARDS

Date: August 30th, 2020
Time: 11am
Event: Shopping for School Supplies
Weather: Sunny

It is a day before the start of term. Muggle-wizard relations are still tense in the wake of the recent terrorist attack. In order to ensure the safety of wizards and their homes, muggles are no longer permitted within any wizarding town or establishment. Meanwhile, the students of Hogwarts are to do their shopping in groups. The Leaky Cauldron--a pub that once connected London and Diagon Alley--has recently been closed down, forcing the students to take a different route to get to the shopping district.

It is a good thing that the professors of Hogwarts are watching over the students and taking lead. In this tumultuous time, these understandably anxious teenagers are easily frightened. With the professors around, things should go relatively smooth-sailing.
Write-up by Adrian | Coding by Adrian | © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / SS / EXT / OOC
1 / 2

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Penelope Foxx

Interactions: -- Everett Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose
Penny giggled, looking up at him. "I guess I'll have to accommodate a neck pain just so i can look at you then," She said playfully. Obviously she could just tweak her height but she honestly enjoyed the height difference, it made for wonderful hugs.

"That is a good point, I spelled my winter gloves once so they wouldn't let rain and water seep in, I almost fell off my broom because it shifted how i adjusted my grip,"
she mused in agreement. "You think you'll stop playing completely after Hogwarts?" She asked. She knew he wanted to work with dragons when he finish but he could still have hobbies.

She gave a quiet smile and ducked her head. "So how much of your school stuff have you gotten? Maybe we can get the rest together?" She suggested. She hadn't even started on hers yet, without her dad or gran here she'd found herself getting distracted and people were being extremely impatient.

FONT1FONT2

Joan Lambert

Interactions: Jasper Grey (@Ghostly Boo), Robin Fox (@Sanguine Fox)
Joan was taken by surprise when a familiar, peppy voice interrupted their conversation. She turned to find Robin, her Hufflepuff classmate. She'd hardly talked to Robin outside of class, but Joan secretly thought she was kind of cool.

Before she could react to Robin's request, Jasper interjected with yet another one of his annoying comments. Joan rolled her eyes, slamming her hand upon the shelf behind her as she grabbed for a fistful of packets. She handed the items to Robin, all the while staring at Jasper in the eye with a sarcastic 'Are you happy now?' smile planted upon her face. With the other hand, she gave him the middle finger.

Naturally, her elbow accidentally hit one of the items on the shelf. It teetered dangerously upon the edge. But before Joan could do anything, it fell, hitting the basket of Filibuster Fireworks on display.

The cacophony of explosions that followed was deafening.

"FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!" Joan doubled back, stepping on Robin's foot as she tried to move away from the explosions. Meanwhile, chaos erupted inside the store as people ran for the exit. There were lights everywhere--nothing but lights shooting out of the basket of fireworks. All this commotion could probably be heard all throughout Diagon Alley.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ghostly Boo
FONT1FONT2

Everett Sayre

Interactions: Penelope Foxx
@Ghostly Boo
Everett laughed some at her comment of having to have neck strain looking up at him. "I will have to help you aleviate it then." He said playfully. He shook his head, "Heavens no, I enjoy playing waay to much to give that up. Even though I want to work on some reserves, Quidditch is one thing I won't give up." Ev held the newly aquired gloves in hand as he made his way to pay for them, "Actually this was my first stop, I haven't really touched my list and well, gotta let my sister and Alister 'bond'" He commented with a roll of his eyes, "I would lov-" He was cut off by the sounds of explosions and his first instinct was to immediately go back to Penny and grabbed her pulling her towards him. Once they stopped he panickly looked over Penny, "Are you ok? You aren't hurt are you?"

• Sweet
FONT1FONT2

Penelope Foxx

Interactions: -- Everett Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose
"I don't think i could ever give it up either. It's such an amazing atmosphere," Penny mused as she trailed him to the counter. She picked up a broom care back, opening it to look at what it offered as Everett continued. "Shouldn't you be doing the same?" She asked, as she placed it back onto the shelf.

Only it didn't sit right and ended up clattering to the ground. She bent to pick it up, just as a series of explosions went off. Her heart shot into a gallop of panic a hand immediately reaching for her friend when his warmth was suddenly around her. Her fingers fisted in his shirt, waiting for some kind if pain or shaking...

Except nothing happened. Trembling she lifted her head, now in Everett's grasp, her fingers fisted in his shirt. "I'm fine, I'm fine...Are you?" she asked. She leaned around him, seeing the panic outside and the shop keeper huddled behind the counter. Other then that...nothing seemed to be wrong, no smoke or cries of pain...

Still...she shuddered and buried her face against his chest, trying to calm her erratic heartbeat.

FONT1FONT2

Arnold Byrne

Interactions: Elliot Graves (x)
"For which experiment?" Now that they were out of earshot, Arnold was talking normally again. "I heard Knockturn Alley has some of the stuff we're looking for--Blimey!"

There was a series of loud explosions, causing the half-giant to drop his ice cream. The already tenuous illusion of safety had been broken. People were yelling, screaming, pushing their way through the crowd for cover. Moments like these, it only takes one person to start panicking before everyone else does. Panic was a highly contagious thing.

The chances that this would develop into a stampede were high. In fact, people were already jostling their way through and causing quite a bit of fuss. Arnold picked up Elliot and carried him bridal style to Knockturn alley, where it was hardly populated. Of course, it was also the sketchiest part of the neighborhood, but that was the least of their worries. If this was indeed a terrorist attack like Arnold had guessed, then an out-of-the-way place like Knockturn Alley would be their safest hide-out.

He gently placed Elliot down once they were further inside.

"What was that?" He cried incredulously, eyes wide and still shaking. In his state, he didn't notice the leery folk of Knockturn that had been staring at them since they arrived.

Last edited:
  • Haha
FONT1FONT2
Robin Fox
Location: Gambol and Japes---Interactions: Joan [@Adrian], Jasper [@Ghostly Boo]
Robin couldn't help the chuckle that fell from her lips as she watched how the two interacted with one another. In short, it was pretty funny to see. It seemed harsh but she couldn't deny that they were obviously friends of some sort – or maybe more. Robin contemplated that for a moment, a thoughtful expression on her features for a second before she grinned once again, gladly taking the packets of balloons as they were shoved at her without even a glance from Joan herself.

Smiling brightly, Robin hurriedly checked the amount of bags passed to her and nodded contently, turning back to the two of them happily, "Thank you so much!" Robin thanked them, only to pause, looking between them quickly before laughing softly, "By the way! You both look really cute together? Are you going out? –"

Then chaos erupted.

Joan set off a mass of explosions that left a dangerous ringing within Robin's ears. Lights flashed blindingly only a short distance in front of them, bringing a yelp from the stunned Hufflepuff. She stumbled back, in the process Joan stepped on her foot much to her own dismay, forcing another pained squeak from her lips as she shoved her hands desperately over her ears to drown out the deafening sounds from the explosions in front of her. With her eyes scrunched tightly shut, Robin fell back against a different display, her back hitting the wooden shelves with an unheard thud as she let herself drop to the floor to sit as she tried to let the explosions pass.

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
FONT1FONT2

Izz Nightgale

Interactions: @Adrian - Arnold
@Ghostly Boo - Elliot
--
Izz walked around with blurry eyes, snot and tears running down her face as she walked with no particular directions. Greasy hands began to touch her, their morbid stench filling her nose as she tried to shake them off. As she walked up a set of stairs, a loud explosion could be heard. Panicking and overloaded, the female stumbled down the stairs once more, away from the screaming crowd. Her whole body shook as she trembled, and she almost curled into herself at the bottom of the staircase when she saw a ray of light. She caught sight of a familiar figure rushing down the stairs, with a damsel in distress in his hands. Recognising him as the boy she met a lot at the library, Izz began to wail as she waddled over towards them, hugging his knees tightly, "Heelp"

FONT1FONT2

Oliver Fang

Interactions: Sanguine Faust (x)
They had just about reached their destination when an explosion sounded throughout Diagon Alley. People screamed for cover and started rushing through the streets. It was a good thing they had arrived at the store when they did, or who knows what would have happened.

"What--what's happening?" Oliver pulled Sang closer, thinking they were being attacked like the Ministry, his hand holding hers tight.

Thankfully, they didn't have to wait long when an announcement resounded throughout Diagon Alley. Professor McGonagall had used the sonorus spell to enlighten everyone regarding the situation. She explained that they weren't being attacked, and that some fireworks had been set off in Gambol & Japes by some trouble-making students.

Oliver sighed in relief.

"Bloody hell, what were they thinking? This isn't the time to be joking around like that!"

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Jasper Grey

Interactions: -- Joan Lambert @Adrian - Robin Fox @Sanguine Fox
Jasper didn't get the chance to feel more then horrified disgust at the Hufflepuff's assumption, his face no doubt said that before it abruptly shifted to shock and irritation as the sudden explosion of colour and sound that left his ears ringing and had his wand in his hand in moment.

Only he couldn't hear himself well over the sound and instead of silencing or stopping the explosions of colour and sound just got louder and more consistent as streams of fireworks slipped right out the door and into the panic filled streets.

At least it wasn't in his ears anymore. "Fucking hell Joan!" He growled, louder then necessary. Though he definitely hadn't made it better. "Set the whole damn shop of next time why don't you."

He glanced towards the shop door as the deafening sound abruptly cut off followed by a very familiar voice.

"Well fuck."

• Haha
Reactions: Ardent
FONT1FONT2

Elliot Graves

Interactions: -- Arnold Byrne @Adrian - Izz Nightgale @Esmeralda Blackheart
Elliot looked down at his empty hands, which, only moments before had held a delicious chocolate ice cream, which was no doubt crushed and destroyed now. Not even the sounds of explosions had shocked him, but being picked up and dropping his treat, that had.

"I'm unsure." Elliot said with a quiet huff as he was settled on his feet. Before he could think on the sound of the blast and the lack of heat to then work out what it was --it was vaguely familiar after all-- when another student was attaching herself to Arnold's legs.

This whole day was becoming more and more peculiar. "Do you know this girl Arnold?" He asked in obvious confusion as he looked up at his friend; who most definitely didn't have girls plastering themselves against his body, even on his best days.

FONT1FONT2
Sanguine Faust
Location: On the way to Madam Malkins -- Interactions: Oliver [@Adrian]
Sanguine was desperately trying to ignore her own thoughts as they headed through the crowd, the red head terribly aware of the fact her hand was holding Oliver's. A long time ago, as kids, it wouldn't have been a big deal but now it had her heart racing in her chest and a flush against her cheeks. So, Sanguine simply refused to look at Oliver directly. It seemed the best thing to do, considering most of her attention taken up right now.

The two half-vampires had gotten to the store and quickly enough, Sanguine's heart was racing for a whole, far less appealing reason. A deafening boom shook Diagon alley and to her sensitive hearing, Sanguine swore.

"Fucking hell!"

Gritting her teeth, Sanguine's mind went to a dangerous place as red slipped angrily into her gaze. She could only assume the alley was being attacked of all things! The Gryffindor shook in anger, her jaw pressed tightly shut as she barely took a second to notice Oliver's grip tightening as she desperately tried to find what idiot was trying to attack them as mild panic settled into her tensed form.

Professor McGonagall's voice broke her tension and she visibly relax, red slipping from her gaze as she glanced back to Oliver, tiredly almost. "A fucking idiot I'm sure." She grumbled, running her free hand through her hair, dragging It from her face with a huff, "I thought we were being attacked! What moron would let fireworks loose when everyone is on edge!" Clearly angry, though it was settling slowly, Sanguine sulked though quietly added to her rant, the smallest of smirks on her lips, "At least, for once, I won't be the one in trouble".

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Alistair Blackbourne

Interactions: Echo Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose
Alistair was on the way to Flourish & Blott's with his fiancée when the commotion broke out. However, it died as quickly as it started after Professor McGonagall's announcement. He had to admit that he, too, had a moment of folly and was thinking of apparating out of Diagon Alley with Echo. But knowing now that it was just a false alarm, Alistair feigned indifference, acting as if he'd known all along that the explosions were nothing more than fireworks. He decided that some ragtag muggleborns had probably set them off out of some malicious agenda.

"Those muggleborns," Alistair huffed, discreetly stowing away his wand. Nowadays, he took great care not to say mudblood, seeing as how it was now illegal to do so. "They should be given a proper punishment for that. People could have been injured."

Upon reaching the store, Alistair held the door open for Echo, remembering his grandfather's wise words: Be a gentleman. Of course, Alistair was anything but, no matter how he tried to seem that way.

"Go on, then," He said impatiently, gesturing for Echo to head inside.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Joan Lambert

Interactions: Jasper Grey (@Ghostly Boo), Robin Fox (@Sanguine Fox)
The bickering between the two friends didn't cease even after the fireworks had stopped exploding. Joan went beet red at Jasper's remark. It's not like she could help being such a magnet for unlucky situations. He was acting as if Joan chose to set those fireworks off!

"You know what, I'll set you on fire next time. How would you like that, Grey?" She snapped back, trying to shake off the ringing in her left ear. In her efforts to do so, she failed to notice the looming figure by the entrance. "Stupid ass fireworks. Who put them there anyway?!"

"Language!" roared a familiar, authoritative voice. Joan briskly turned around to find herself face-to-face with a furious Professor McGonagall. "Why is it always the two of you? And I would have expected better from you, Ms. Fox." Her nostrils seemed to flare as she spoke, her Scottish accent laid thick upon every word. "Detention. And 50 points. From each of you."

"But professor, we didn't--"

"That is final, Ms. Lambert. Now go and apologize to poor Mr. Fernsby for the commotion you've caused." With that, the professor pulled her wand from her sleeve and, with one flick, put the items in the store back in order. It was almost as if the fireworks hadn't exploded. Except, of course, the basket that once held the Filibuster's was now empty. Joan reckoned she'd have to pay Mr. Fernsby for those too.

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
FONT1FONT2

Arnold Byrne

Interactions: Elliot Graves (@Ghostly Boo) Izabelle Nightgale (@Esmeralda Blackheart)
It wasn't long after Professor McGonagall's announcement that Arnold felt something attach itself onto his leg; and if it hadn't been for the familiar voice of Izabelle, he would likely have been spooked to death. He simply looked down, confused, and blushed at Elliot's question. Arnold wasn't used to being around girls, and he especially wasn't used to girls hugging his knees.

"I--Iz," he stuttered, unsure what to do. Gingerly, he patted her on the head. This was okay, right? "W-what are...what are you doing here? Are y-you okay?"

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2
Robin Fox
Location: Gambol and Japes---Interactions: Joan [@Adrian], Jasper [@Ghostly Boo]
Robin was lucky enough that when she opened her eyes, the chaos had stopped. In fact, it was eerily quiet a part from the tremendous ringing that assaulted her ears even after she withdrew her hands from them. She blinked dazedly, the same ringing that plagued her causing her to furrow her brows in discomfort as it left her disorientated. The Hufflepuff glanced around the shop slowly to note the mess that had been left in the storm's wake and Robin decided she had to give Joan some credit - after all, this was a true disaster and school hadn't even started!

"That...was so cool!"She only wished she could of recorded it though.

Sighing in relief, Robin turned her attention to the other two students to ensure they were okay. However, quickly enough she realised something was certainly wrong when she watched the two talk almost animatedly at each other but she heard nothing but the infernal ringing. Robin cautiously pressed her hands against her ears again, then removed them - as if the simple action would return her hearing to her while the others talked. The action did nothing and Robin groaned at the eventual realisation the sounds had seemingly damaged her hearing. Though slightly scared at the loss of one of her senses, evident by the slight tremor to her form, Robin chuckled softly - though it was partly out of fear. In the very least, this was an interesting start to school.

Still trying to find some positive spin on the events to distract from her lack of hearing, Robin saw Joan and Jasper turn to the entry way of the shop, leading her to notice Professor McGonagall. Knowing they were definitely in trouble, Robin slumped against the shelves with a huff, pouting almost childishly when she tried, and failed, to read the lips of the professor who quickly enough magicked the shop back to normal. Only when the teacher had stopped talking, did Robin raise her hand, much like she would in a classroom and waited till McGonagall finally turned to her.

"Urm...Professor. I'm really sorry but...I heard nothing that you said." She added, though her words were borderline a shout, "I...can't really hear anything right now...Sorry". Robin looked flustered, feeling quite rude that she basically said she had been unable to hear their professors words.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Oliver Fang

Interactions: Sanguine Faust (@Sanguine Fox)
A thought suddenly occurred to Oliver as Sang spoke. Normally, if it wasn't Sang that was costing Gryffindor its house points, it was the troublemaker trio. Except they didn't really seem like the sort of people who would be malicious enough to cause a panic like this.

"Huh," Oliver clucked his tongue, his conspiracy-loving mind starting its gears once more as he headed inside Madam Malkin's. "Do you think Joan and the twins were responsible for it then? Maybe..." He gasped for effect, "...They've gone over to the dark side."

Just as soon as the words left his mouth, however, he was instantly distracted by the robes on display. Oliver hummed cheerfully as his free hand brushed the soft fabric. Despite the fact that they were already indoors, Oliver didn't loosen his grip on Sanguine's hand.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2
Sanguine Faust
Location: --- Madam Malkins -- Interactions: Oliver [@Adrian]
Sanguine couldn't help but chuckle slightly, a devious grin spreading on her lips at the very thought that Joan and the twins would be getting into trouble for something. Well, it was mostly directed at Joan and Cyrus considering the half-vampire was more often than not, at war with the two. Though she did like Cyrus to some degree - it was still hilarious to the red head to think of the two of them in detention. Especially since for once, she wasn't involved in whatever the hell had happened.

She turned an exasperated but amused expression to Ollie at his dramatics, though she did laugh at them as she relaxed from the adrenaline rush of before. "I honestly can't think of anyone else stupid enough to cause something this chaotic than them lot.". Now far more relaxed, Sanguine was temporarily content to follow Ollie as he peered around the store, though the whole thing was growing increasingly boring for her. "I mean it has got to be them, right? With Joan's luck at least." Sanguine grumbled, watching as Oliver looked interestedly at the garments. For the most part, Sanguine had yet to even notice that their hands were still entwined as her free hand brushed against a nearby robe, only for her a expression to morph into one of distaste.

"How the hell can you look around this much?" Pulling almost squeamishly at the sleeve of the nearest robe, she pulled it out for Oliver to see as she raised a curious brow. "They are all the exact, frickin' same you know.". Sanguine had never been a 'shopper' nor outwardly girl enough to enjoy the activity. She typically just grabbed the most comfortable looking thing and left any store as fast as possible. "Can't we just grab a few in your size and just boom. Done."

It took Sanguine a second to think through her words, as usual, and she quickly sighed. "Okay, wrong choice of words there..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ardent
Izz Nightgale
Interaction:
@Adrian - Arnold
@Ghostly Boo - Elliot​
With the big hand patting her head, Izz considerably calmed, her loud wailing dwindling to quiet sobs before they stopped altogether. She let out a hiccup as she let go of his legs, surprised that he remembered her name. Fishing out a handkerchief from her pocket, she wiped her tear stained face before replying to Arnold through sniffles.
"I'm f-fine. I d-dont know why I-i'm here." She looked around then pointed towards Borgin and Burkes, significantly calmer, away from the noisy crowd. With Arnold around, despite getting scares, no one dared to approach them. "I came from there! I said..." She paused her nose crinkling as she tried to remember. When she couldn't, she shrugged and continued, " then threw powder into the fireplace and then I was here."

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Jasper Grey

Interactions: -- Joan Lambert @Adrian - Robin Fox @Sanguine Fox
Jasper winced as professor McGonagall spoke up, scolding them both and Robin. He rubbed at the back of his neck, with a grimance. They were down a hundred points already and the school year hadn't even started.

He shifted his boot, freeing a piece of fallen firework pieces, watching it fly away and into a pile of trash. "Why is it when its intentional we don't get busted but when its an accident we always get into a heap of trouble?" He muttered under his breath to Joan before giving her a push towards the shop keeper. He had a feeling they wouldn't be getting away from the professor for some time.

He felt his lips twitch as Robin spoke to said professor, she was lucky she didn't share the same history as Joan and him, she wouldn't be so understanding with them.

FONT1FONT2

Elliot Graves

Interactions: -- Arnold Byrne @Adrian - Izz Nightgale @Esmeralda Blackheart
Elliot watched Arnold's patting hand against her hair. It was a peculiar action, almost as if calming a cat. He reached out and petted her head too, curious of its result. Was this how one comforted a person? He supposed he'd seen it before in different forms, but there was really no reason for such distress.

"Oh! I worked it out! They weren't bombs at all...well obviously a form of bomb but they were harmless," He announced as if everyone would suddenly understand what he was talking about.

He searched through his jacket pockets, an idea springing to mind. "I believe the words you're searching for is flu powder and a miss pronunciation." He tilted his head at her as he tugged his book free. "I'm admittedly still confused by the matter of...leg clinging," he admitted.