The Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Maddening experiences, alright…" The boy murmured to himself, taking the woman's hand and brushing off his hands once he got up. "Wait, so he used to work, at least in the same organization as you? And now he's off planning to destroy all of humanity just to remove his oppressor's purpose. And he has sticks in his shoulders." Picking up a loose stick from the forest floor, holding it for no reason in particular, he told the woman of what Purge had said. "He told me I was guaranteed to return there. And, you seem to use his former name, any specific reason?"[/BCOLOR]

The woman appeared to be trying to find her place on the clipboard again, when S____ mentioned how he was now so obsessed she simply repeated, "Maddening. He's always had those branches." She drew a line on supposedly where they were. "This place is far from stable currently, it doesn't take him too much effort to have it obliterated again. He was a good friend of mine before all of this started, I don't like calling him something else."

The woman pointed at the wilted plant with her pen. "In any case you'll be safer the more you complete the Test. Once you can answer the first question you'll be able to leave. Do you want to continue talking about that plant you made?"

"He's always had the sticks. Huh." The boy said in response to the woman's reveal. He had some clues, and was putting them together. Purge was certainly not human, at least not entirely, but he was still accepted by the organization the woman works in. Meaning this organization employs supernatural beings, thus making him believe they are either very understanding, or from somewhere this is normal.

Once she started talking again, S___ shook off the thought. "I do like being safe. Alright, plant." he looked down at the withered one he held. "It is a form of tree. It grows small tunnels in its wood, resembling whistles, so when the wind blows through it, they make that noise." When describing the plant, he couldn't help but feeling utterly childish, but a plant description was what she asked for, so he'd simply have to deliver. She was the one giving him The Test after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.