The Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
A plan began to form in the attemptedly humorous head of the boy. What he said, huh? Could be anything. Turning away from the man, he looked the woman into her eyes, almost bearing a grief, although fake in his. "He told me his name." the boy muttered, lowering his head. He was silent for a considerable amout of time before in a sudden he shook up, hammering his fist sideways into a nearby tree, yelling the following. "And his name is John Cena!" A large grin overtook his face, as he hummed a melody, lightly dancing around.

The melody slowly subsided as he stopped in the middle of dancing to look back at the woman. His face rather clearly saying 'Too much?', he cleared his throat and stood back straight. "My apologies."

Reactions: Karakui
@Karakui

The woman looked at her notes. A train came into existence. "'K, since I'm pretty sure I'll get the same answer as the crab if I ask it's purpose I'll give you an easier one. Why is this war happening?" She gestured to the still raving warriors, once again passing through the train.

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword

The tune the boy hummed carried into the trees and came back down in full orchestral blare. A massive, muscular man with a green hat came out of nowhere and lept at him. The man's hand grabbed the boy's head and slammed it into the dirt as he placed his great weight on the teen's toppled body. A voice from the trees began counting down, the only thing louder then the music. "TEN, NINE, EIGHT..."

The woman lowered herself to face the boy being slammed into the dirt. "'K, are you sure this is your answer?" Her voice was calm and somehow clear to him although the music and countdown could be heard for miles.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Thud. "Oow! This is awesome! Painful, but awesome!" Even if slammed into the ground by a professional wrestler, the boy was, to some degree, happy. It's not everyday you're slammed into the ground by a living meme. "If I'm sure about my answer? Yes, agh, yes, but this John is a pacifist. And retiree." Desperately using all his power to pull himself out of the grip of the man and getting up, a theory was forming.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The woman said this was a test. This place would become whatever I say it is. Is she trying to test how long it would take me to realize this, and then see what I would do with it? "Erm, can you read thoughts? This place defies all I ever knew as logic, so why couldn't that be possible? Also, the forest also has a..." This last sentence he stalled, not deciding on what to actually have there.[/BCOLOR]

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword

As the boy spoke the blaring noise disappeared, and the man was then very much different. His muscles almost disappeared and he now wore a shirt, which was probably for the best. The man helped the boy up and dusted him off before taking a pair of glasses and a journal out from his pocket. The man then began to leave, writing in his journal.

The woman was scrawling down the boy's answer when he spoke of reading thoughts and logic. She looked back up at him when he mentioned logic, and then looked back down. "Go on..."

Among the rustling of leaves a tiny noise invaded the forest. It was a faint piercing sound like a dog whistle, but by no means was it ment to punish a dog. The woman didn't seem to notice it.

Go on. Alright. He didn't look at himself as a good describer of thoughts, but he'd give it a go. "Well, as far as I'm aware so far, no places I've been to change to… Or, already are what I imagine them as. And in no logical way is that possible. Seriously, I'm still stuck on the first question. Unless we somehow have gotten ourselves into my mind or whatever."

The dog whistle-like sound wasn't loud, nor too annoying. Turning towards the sound like the dog it probably was meant for, the boy found himself oddly curious about it. "What was… Oh, before you ask, I'm going to answer. It was a plant. A plant that grows so that when the wind blows through it, it makes that sound. Self defense, animals despise the sound."

Again with logic. The woman nodded. "Yes you are. Your still answering the first question, slowly of course. We are not in your mind, don't worry."

The woman pointed her pen to a tall plant bending slightly to the wind. A noise similar to the the dog whistle entered the forest, however it was separate from the previous noise. The previous noise climbed in volume, beginning to consume the other sounds of the forest. The woman, still jotting down the boy's answer, didn't notice.

And the noise got louder.

And louder.

And louder.

Until it was unbearable.

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah, there's the plant," the boy answered, following the woman's pen with the eyes. But then another sound appeared. He didn't mind it at first, considering how close to the plant it was to him. However, as it grew louder, he grew progressively more annoyed. "Mhm, what's the deal with that? Ow, rising shepard's tone or something?" As the sound became harder to speak over, the boy started yelling at the woman, all while covering his ears.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, wait, agh, the sound dies out! It dies and goes silent!" Ensured his words would become true, he lightened the hold around his ears, listening for further change in the sound.[/BCOLOR]

The woman looked at the boy questionably, then worry touched her face. She looked at the plant as it wilted and died, the sound didn't end, she said something unintelligible to the boy. The forest began to lighten and the grass began to fade, the woman looked to the microphone on her headset. Her voice was somehow clear, "we have a problem."

And with a loud ripping sound the forest was torn asunder, shredded apart into a blinding white. The pieces and the woman disappeared, the whiteness surrounded the boy. It was not cold or hot or smelly or clean or solid or lucid. The boy would be able to tell he was standing, but it felt as if he was doing so on nothing. He could breath, but he couldn't feel any air. A thick silence was his only companion until after what felt like a millennium it was shattered by a calm voice behind him.

"Your logic is a lie my fellow nothing."

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Augh, does this sound ever stop?!" Raising his voice to make sure the woman could hear him, the boy still covered his ears to drown out as much as possible of the noise. Once her face was filled with worry, so was his. Was she not the one that took him here? Or at least have some high position wherever they were? If she worried, this couldn't possibly go well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He stared in fear at the streaks of white ripping along the very fabric of reality, horrified at the sight of the plants dying and the woman quickly disappearing from sight. "Hey! What is going on?" Even if asking her, he never got an answer before all contact with her was cut.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]White. All around him was white. A completely blank space, with no attributes to it whatsoever. "Now great. What is this place?" He tried tramping into the ground, making sure he actually was standing on something. It appeared he was. It just blended perfectly into the surroundings. If he tried walking anywhere, this same surface seemed to follow him. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]So it is all white. Nothing, for seemingly infinite.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "Hello? This is a lush forest! A forest!" Expecting it all to already be a forest as he said it, he emptily stared at the vast whiteness. Nothing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Time goes much slower when you're bored, they say. And so it seemed too. With nothing else to do, the boy eventually got tired of standing, and sat down. Just then, a voice apeared behind him. Tired of being without company, he instinctively turned around, answering while doing so. "Darkly viewing philosopher, huh? 'My logic' is a very wide subject, smarty pants. You're guaranteed at the very least one truth in there somewhere."[/BCOLOR]

The person behind the boy was a young male, perhaps not even in his teens. Skin milky pale, worn pants and coat the color of ancient paper, and black hair that nearly touched the 'floor.' Two greenish black branches with no leaves protruded from his shoulders and a calm smile refused to leave his face. His eyes were frozen blue, pupil-less, the eyes of a blind person. Yet he looked straight into the teen's eyes.

If one looked carefully they would notice that the boy's branches were twitching slightly.
"Not to generalize you, but that's what they all say."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Turning around to face the younger boy, the teenager's expression barely changed. Yes, this kid had been here without him noticing somehow, he had branches sticking (get it?) out of his shoulders, and his assumed state of mind seemed inappropriate for one his again assumed age, but seeing as how things were so far, he had stopped getting surprised at what he deemed supernatural. Although, the pupil-less eyes and hair as long as his body put him off somewhat.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not to generalize? Well, this kid's got manners. He was pleased by the person's apparent kindness, which along his smile, calmed him as well. "So they all say that," the boy began. Had the boy spoken to more people that have gotten here? "But what do you say in response?" Considering the boy's initial politeness, he figured he had to give some back. Certain details about him making him uncomfortable or not. "Sorry for my rudeness." He stretched out a hand. "I'm S____, what's your name?"[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
The boy's touch was freezing cold, his grip so light it was hard to notice. "My name..." Something in his smile changed, "I was once known as Celtic, but now I go by Purge." The nothing seemed so shift attentively as he said his name, like a dog about to get fresh meat. The boy looked into the white, his smile still there. "I say that their logic is their own, because it was fashioned for them."

The boy named Purge continued to stare at silence. "Don't worry. They'll bring you back in a bit. But you'll return here, I promise you that. For now let us speak."

"Purge… " the boy quietly repeated to himself. Perhaps a slightly odd name to go by, Celtic sounded more reasonable for a name. But who was he to tell? Just barely noticing the change in nothing, he hastily turned his head about, wondering how nothing could become nothing and still be considered changing. Though it didn't make him any wiser.

The younger boy's explanation of how he'd leave but later return to the white, left S____ confused. Wherever they were, he was returning someday. Fascinating, if not slightly threatening.
"And how about you? Will you ever leave this place? "

"Our logic… was fashioned for us? I suppose, what one would consider logic would depend on what that one experiences commonly." Gently rubbing his chin while staring off into the white as well, he then turned his attention towards the boy. "Alright, if you want to talk, I have a question I wish to ask, inspired by a very special someone. Where are we?"

Purge looked back at the boy with his blind, dead eyes. "Oh I can leave, but my only intention in leaving is expanding it." The boy sat down and began rubbing the white floor with his hand, like a tresured pet.

At S_____'s response Purge looked at the nothing. "I suppose you could say that." At the question his smile if anything, grew. The boy stood again and raised his arms in a dramatic fashion. "This is," and he dropped his arms, "nothing. You answered the question already. It's pure, beautiful nothing, my most deadly weapon."

Growing it? Weapon? Purge's responses were raising more questions than they answered. Why did he pet the floor of the nothing, while claiming it as both his own and a weapon? If he in fact owned and in a way ruled over this nothing, and had the ability to grow it, overwriting wherever, then indeed, it was a strong weapon. S___ didn't suspect Purge of not being able to wield this weapon, he wasn't exactly what he considered a normal human.

Sticking his hands in his pockets, he looked around the nothing, while asking the other. "Say, it is peaceful and all, but isn't it a bit monotonous for a terrain-based weapon? And what do you plan on doing with it? And how can we survive if there's nothing here?" Unsure if all that had happened so far was a dream or not, he strolled about, not worrying too much about this weapon. Although, something in him still held him wary of Purge. He must have gotten his name for a reason.

Purge followed the boy, his hands behind his back. "Monotonous you say. I am beyond the childish feeling of bordom. I move with purpose, that's all that matters." At the mention of his goal the boy stopped and looked upward.

"I will use the nothing as a catalyst for my revenge. I will eliminate everything my enemy holds dear, followed by that of his entire race. Nothing will be left, and I will obliterate myself in the end." Still a calm smile as he looked back to S______. "We don't need to survive, you can exist here until you submit."

"To me it feels like you're beyond feelings as a whole," he muttered, still looking off into the distance. At the mention of Purge's plans, S____ notably gulped. Here was the genocide part of him he was just waiting to show up. As he saw it, if your name is Purge, you live in a vast nothing which you call a weapon, and, well, you have a calm smile slapped on your face at all times, there is good reason for suspicion. At least in his eyes.

"Uhm, why your enemy's whole race, which I assume is human? Why doesn't just getting them suffice? Or, you know," he shrugged. "Not take revenge at all? What could that person have possibly done to you to make you want to do this?" If this all was true, and this assumed-to-be boy was planning to engulf the world in nothing to all and everyone's ceasement, then he had no good reason not to be trembling in fear.

Purge gazed up once again. Thin lines of color began to appear in the nothing, the sounds of the forest could be faintly heard. "I can feel. I've felt happiness, sadness, pain, fear, and rage. Because his brethren are the conductors of the pain and fallacy of everyone you've ever known and everyone beyond that. By eliminating everything I will save us all from our oblivious, inevitably painful existence, and remove all purpose from their lives."

The boys voice finally changed, a twinge of boiling anger stained the tips of Purge's words. "He took everything from me. He took my sight, my parents, my guardian who defended and raised me, and last but not least..." And suddenly a gloved hand rapped its icy fingers around S_____'s neck, lifting him multiple feet above the 'floor.' The hand's owner was behind the teen, so he was unable to be see him.

The voice was Purge's, but it was deeper and appeared to be coming from behind something.
"In my rage and madness I lashed out and broke the bond between me and the one person I loved. He planned all of it, and I WILL DESTROY HIM."

S_____ would awake in the forest he was taking the test in, a wilted plant lying on his collapsed body. The woman, standing over him, looked down expectantly. "Good. We got you back." Although she appeared not to have changed, something about her seemed exhausted.

Taking a short step away from Purge, the boy's expression slowly became progressively more worried. "You… That is bad indeed, but letting all of humanity suffer - or rather experience nothing at all - because of only one is taking it somewhat too far. You even said it yourself, 'taking away their purpose'!" Despite speaking as he might, his worry did but grow. "Hey, if it's any cons… Ackh…"

His comment was again cut short by the sudden hand appearing behind him, grabbing him by the neck. He tried instinctively reaching for the gloved hands, but to no avail. For the time being he was left hanging and swinging himself in midair, letting out the occasional pained gasp for air.

Though, it didn't last for long, as he finally was let down, seeing he was back in the forest. Staring into the ground for a few moments to catch his breath, his hands firmly grasped around a handful of grass, he then looked up to face the woman, that earlier had seemingly disappeared along with the rest of the forest. "What… What happened? Who was that? What's he going to do?"

"Calm down." The woman said plainly. She extended a arm to help S____ up. "That guy was a former member of my organization. He's," she became slightly distant, "he's grown rebellious from a series of maddening experiences. He can bring about the nothing you were in and used it to break into the Test. We managed to get it back though. Chances of Celtic returning however are high." She seemed to notice that she had said the boy's former name and looked back down at her clipboard grimly.

Status
Not open for further replies.