The street kid

"Good night," he called after.

He rose and padded to the couch, picking up his mostly dry tank and cargoes off the ground. He flopped onto the piece of furniture, back and shoulders on the seat and legs over the back. There was something about being upside down on a couch that attracted him. He didn't question it, though others questioned him about it sometimes.

If they ever caught him on their couch.

The next morning Red went downstairs. She didn't have a mirror she she just threw her locks into a massive bun on her head. When she reached the living room she noticed something strange. At first she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her when she saw Mikey laying upside down on the couch. Red rubbed her eyes for a good five minutes before walking over. She poked his sleeping body saying, "Good morning sleeping beauty."

Axel groaned and turned his head away slightly. "Abuse," he mumbled sleepily. He eased an eye open, blearily looking for the source of disturbance. Seeing who it was, he closed the eye and swung his legs over so that he could sit properly on the couch.

"At least you're pretty," he mumbled yawning and stretching. "Otherwise, waking up to an ugly mug would just be scary. So yay, I don't cuss you out for waking me up at...what time is it, anyway?"

Red decided to take it as a compliment. She looked outside the window and found the sun. "It's about one in the afternoon." she said to Mikey turning back around to face him. "You sure do sleep a long time. And in such a strange position." she said laughing.

"You can tell time by the sun?" Axel blinked up at her owlishly. "That's pretty rare. And yeah," he added with a lopsided smile. "Sleep is like life to me. I don't sleep often, but when I do, I tend to indulge."

He stood and stretched, arching backward in a slow back-spring. The bones in his back realigned themselves nicely, and he exhaled happily. That was much better. Reaching over to the arm of the couch, he slipped on his cargoes and pulled on his tank. His hair, tousled from sleep, seemed to want to remain unruly. So he left it curled at his shoulders and plopped back onto the couch.

"It's easier than carrying a watch around. The sun doesn't get wet or broken." she said. Red went into the kitchen to look for some breakfast. Well lunch now actually. She can't believe that she slept until one. Usually she was up right at the crack of dawn. But then she hadn't slept in a real bed in a long time.

Axel had to hand it to her. She was right.

"Any idea when this Knight guy's supposed to show up? I mean it's not every day people like us get to hole up in someone's house in their absence."

"Well I think he's suppose to back any time now." Red said. "But then again with street kids there isn't telling when they will return."

(OOC: he's waiting for demon to come back. he doesnt wanna god-mode so he's stuck until she gets back)

((yeah....sucks.))

"Such is life," Axel replied. He rose and followed her trek into the kitchen. It was a pretty cool sight, even if it had all the standard, contractor-bought surfaces and whatnot.

"Breakfast hunting, I presume?"

Red hit her head on the cabinet that she was looking into. "Ouch!" she exclaimed rubbing her head. "Yeah but i'm not having much luck here in finding anything to eat." she said to Mikey.

Axel winced at the little boo-boo Red had made. "Well, it's a bit late in the day. But I could snag something and get back."

"That sounds good to me. Do you mind 'snagging' some tylenol? I feel a headache to coming." Red said still rubbing her head. She used the other hand to make air quotes for snagging. She knew he meant steal which was fine by her.

"No problem," Axel smirked. "I'll only be gone an hour. Time me?" he asked playfully.

Red went and stood by the window watching the sun. "Alright your time starts now!" she said teasingly.

Axel chuckled and left the kitchen, running his fingers through his slightly tangled locks. "Wish me luck!" he called back.

"Good luck!" Red called out after him. She hoped he didn't get caught. Even though she had known him for less than a day she thought of him as a friend.

Axel wriggled through the bathroom window and pulled his hair out of the pony he'd put it in just before entering the store. He had come out with a bag full of food and pockets full of snacks and cigarettes. Booze couldn't be carried since the clinking of bottles would be heard, but he could always snag them later. The Tylenol bobbed in his left pocket, his pace leisurely and unhurried as he made his way back to the house.

Police cars with sirens blaring zoomed by him, possibly going toward the store in search of someone fitting his description. But it wouldn't matter. He was a bit smarter than that.

Having a clothing section at the back of the store was just lame and convenient at the same time; even if he only got three new shirts and a pair of faded jeans. He even lifted something out of the women's section as an afterthought. After all, it didn't pay to be mean to a lady.

He entered the house once more and sauntered into the kitchen.

"How'd I do?" he grinned, putting the bag onto the counter and emptying his many pockets.

Red ran to the kitchen when she heard Mikey enter. "Excellent. Only took you about half an hour." Red searched through the pile looking for the meds. Once she found it she took out 6 and swallowed them without any water. "You're a life saver." she said to Mikey smiling. "So what did u get?"

Axel's toothy grin shrunk a bit at teh sight of six chugged (without water) pills.

Well, he thought. Whatever floats her boat.

"I brought you a shirt, for starters," he murmured, pulling the fabric out of the pillow case he snagged off a clothes line and tossing it so that it landed on her head and obscured her vision. "Some canned veggies for you weird vegetarians and veggie eaters. Some rice, ketchup, lime juice, seasonings and some meat, cause i'm a growing boy," he added with a toothy grin. "Chips, chocolate...cookies....and that's it. The rest are cigs, lighters, gum....candy."

He shook the empty pillowcase and shrugged. "It was all I could take on such short notice and get it through the shop's bathroom window."

Red saw his grin shrink. She shrugged it away. Easier not to have to explain why she did that or how she was able to. Red became excited when he handed her a shirt. Well threw it at her. She picked it off her head and turned it around so she could look at it. Not bad she thought. "So are you planning on cooking something with all those strange ingredients you got?" she asked curiously reaching over and grabbing the chocolate. It had been so long since she had had something sweet. She sighed with happiness after taking a bite of the delicious food.