The Stranger; Lost in the Woods

• Thread starter DJae Writer Chick
  • Start date
America watched him with interest as she slowly ate the berries, giving Luna a few. "You seem so shy...I assume you don't have much contact with people do you," she said as she studied him carefully with her pink eyes.

Adiv shook his head roughly. "People danger maybe. People like kill Adiv." He said, frowning. He looked more angry about it than fearful...or aggravated at least. He sighed. "Why America nice more?"

"Because I don't judge people," America said softly and tilted her head a bit. "Adiv, why do people want to kill you? You're a person just like anyone else," she said with concern in her voice as she frowned slightly.

Adiv scooted backwards a little. "Adiv never normal." He muttered quietly, looking at the fire. As he rested his head on his knees, his left ear flickered a little. It was itching again, but he ignored it. He knew the itch was from the small cut on the edge.

"How are you not normal?" America asked as she sat still, petting Luna gently. She noticed something twitch and looked at him curiously. "Your hair just moved," she said, realizing there was nothing to make it move.

Adiv's eyes shot up to her and he tensed. "Did you hear that..." His eyes flickered between her and the waterfall. He could hear something, which made both of his ears twitch. He stood, frowning and staring at the waterfall.

"I didn't hear anything and why does your hair keep moving?" She asked as she watched Luna perk up her ears and stand up, walking over beside Adiv. She bared her teeth and began growling softly as she narrowed her eyes.

Adiv's eyes widened as a snake dropped through the waterfall. It landed on the edge of the cave, it's tail flickering. Adiv stepped back, his hand going to his shoulder. He remembered that marking...well, he remembered what it did to him. "America....danger.." he said quietly, pointing to the snake. His ears flickered up, then once more hid in his hair. Adiv had backed into the back of the cave, mostly hid by a shadow.

America watched as his ears flickered up and made a note to ask him about it. Sure she was in shock but she thought she might have been just seeing things. "Luna, back," she said sternly and the wolf backed up next to Adiv. America slowly moved so she could stand on her good foot and inspected the snake carefully.she watched as it moved closer and closer and, when it was close enough, she reached down and grabbed the back of its head, squeezing slightly so it couldn't bite her. She held the bottom half of the snake and looked at it closer before looking back at Adiv. "Don't worry..."

Adiv whimpered, his eyes locked on the snake. His hand still clutched the half-healed snake bite on his shoulder, unseen under his shirt. He curled up against the wall, unaware of Luna beside him and barely conscious that America had spoken to him. He was consumed by his fear at the moment.

America noticed his action and quickly threw the snake through the waterfall. She hobbled over to him and gently touched his arm. "Hey...it's gone now. Everything's fine," she whispered soothingly as she looked at him.

Adiv whimpered slightly. "Danger hurt..." He muttered, staying curled up by the wall. His eyes stayed on the waterfall for a few seconds only to be sure the snake would not return. He looked at America, still holding his shoulder. "Danger hurt no America?" He asked quietly.

America shook her head as she looked at Adiv. "Don't worry. I'm not hurt," she said softly before moving his hand. Puting clues together, she finally spoke. "Adiv, did you get bitten by a snake before?" She asked as she looked at him with sympathetic eyes.

Adiv looked a little confused. "What call snake?" He asked, unsure of this new word. "Danger bite Adiv..." He muttered, looking down. He rubbed his eye, hugging his knees again. He didn't like this...those dangers returning, his ear itching, this America being a bit too close for comfort...what if she found out about his secret?

America ignored his question and shook her head. "I'll explain it later," she said softly, using his words to figure out that the snake did bite him. "Adiv I have a question... I'm pretty sure I saw ears on your head when you saw the sna...I mean danger," she said softly and looked at him for conformation or denial.

Adiv tensed, closing his eyes tight. He knew she would figure it out. "No.." he said quietly, though his voice betrayed him. His eyes shot open and he attempted to look defensive. "Why?" He said, though it was obvious he was more scared than angry, he was trying to protect himself. He was afraid she would be just like the others, that she would hurt him just like everyone else.
She was another one of them...why would she act different?

America heard his defensiveness and scared voice. She knew then that despite his denials, it was true. She slowly reached up and ran a hand across his hair, feeling the softness of the ears as well. "Don't worry...I'm not going to hurt you," she whispered softly as she looked at him.

Adiv winced as she touched his head, but the gentle touch surprised him. He relaxed a little, biting his lip as he looked up at her. Her words made him relax even more. "Wh...why?" He asked softly, relief in his voice. He would have hugged her...had he not still been a little shaken up. He had been so sure she would hurt him that he was unsure what to do with this sudden revelation.

"It's obvious Luna likes you and I have no problem with you. Why would I want to hurt someone that saved my life," she said softly, her eyes showing nothing but sincerity. She gently pulled on his ears to get them to stand up and smiled a bit more. "Not to mention you're so adorable."