The Stranger; Lost in the Woods

• Thread starter DJae Writer Chick
  • Start date
Adiv's ears flickered slightly at the pull before standing up. He tilted his head, confusion crossing his features. "Aderuble?" He said, mispronouncing the strange word. He didn't know what that meant. He shifted a little, then hugged America tightly. "Adiv want thank America for be nice and not like other not nice people." He said quietly.

America froze at the sudden gesture after giggling at his attempt at the word. She quickly relaxed and hugged him back as she smiled. "Don't thank me. I hate people that do that and we'll work on your English later," she said softly before pulling away, finally needing to sit down and give her foot a rest.

Adiv stayed next to her, though he glanced at the fire. He looked thoughtful. "America maybe hungry?" He questioned, looking back to her.

America smiled softly and nodded gently. "I am but I'll have to leave soon ory family will worry. But I can come back tomorrow to see you," she said with a smile as she regarded him thoughtfully.

Adiv thought about this a few moments before he nodded. "I get America food, America go to family, and Adiv have America tomorrow." He smiled, going to get his bag.

"Exactly," America said with a face splitting smile as she followed him carefully, Luna by her side the entire time. "If you want I can have Luna stay here for the night to keep you company and keep you safe," she said with a nervous laugh.

Adiv shook his head. "Luna is for America." He said, rifling through his bag before finding a can of beans. Someone had left it behind the day before, but he didn't know how to open it. "America know this?" He asked, showing her the can.

America smiled and took the can as she shook her head. "I want her to stay here. Someone could try to seriously hurt you," she said softly as she opened the can with ease.

Adiv watched her open the can closely. He looked surprised. Sighing, he nodded. "Okay... Luna stay with Adiv for little." He smiled faintly at America.

"Throughout the night," she said with a smile as she handed the can back to him and managed to hobble back to the opening of the cave. "I'll see you tomorrow Adiv," she said softly and watched him carefully.

Adiv blinked at the can. "This for America.." He said, holding it out to her as he stood. "Not Adiv." He shook his head, still smiling softly.

America smiled softly and shook her head as she held her hand up. "Please...keep it. I don't need it. I'll have plenty of food when I get home," she said softly as she made a stay motion towards Luna. "Stay sweetheart. I'll be back tomorrow," she said with a smile before heading, carefully back out the way she came in order to get home.

Adiv waved weakly as America left. Fear sunk into him again... He was alone...
Wait!
He looked at Luna, motioning her over. "Luna keep Adiv safe... Yes?" He asked softly.

Luna looked up at Adiv and walked over, whining softly as she rubbed against his leg. She reached up and grabbed his clothes with her teeth and pulled him near the fire as she laid down.

Adiv curled up beside her by the fire. He hugged her, whimpering back to her. His ears were perked up, alert.

Luna picked he head up and licked his cheek gently before laying her head back down and closed her eyes. She let out a soft yawn before finally falling asleep.

Adiv still didn't relax, but stayed cuddled into her. He began to relax at the bugs and the crackle of the fire. He slowly drifted to sleep, not hearing the approaching storm.

Luna woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a loud clap of thunder and growled softly. She turned to Adiv and whimpered softly as she laid next to him, shielding him from the rain.

Adiv's eyes shot open, his ears flat on his head. He growled, curling into Luna. His eyes focused on the light dancing through the water from the Lightning.

Luna gently nuzzled him as she purred softly, enjoying the warmth. She gently gnawed on on her paw as the rain began making it itch.