The Silence of War: A Next Generation Naruto Roleplay {OOC~Closed Sign-Ups}

ShikaTem or ShikaIno?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed my Bio.

@Eon Your character seems really overpowered. The Kekkei Genkai is way to powerful, a modified Chidori seems too powerful, especially considering the fact that neither Sasuke nor Kakashi are his sensei's. I'm actually going to put up the Sensei list. Your character's sensei is Shikamaru. Even Jin, the Control Freak, balanced himself out by not having his mother's Kekkei Genkai. I love his personality and his past, that's all fine, but could you please tone him down a bit?

I'll tone him down a few pegs. He only totals to around 75, so I thought I could get away with some cool eyes.

@Eon It's just the whole copied off of another Kekkai Genkai thing that bothered me. I found this really good original Kekkai Genkai that analyzed attacks instead of copying them, so they could be more defensive while still being badass and not being overpowered.

To be fair, the Sharingan didn't really copy them, Kakashi just used it to get a look at the signs people were doing, and genjutsu to make it look like he was copying them perfectly. Raido'some actually does copy them and spit them out.

Okay...How is he stronger now? I'm willing to fix him some more.

kishiro_arashi___naruto_oc_by_zanpakuto_leader-d4nluh0.png

Name: Hissori 'So-So' Inuzuka

Nickname(s): Sometimes called 'So-So' or just 'So' as a shortening of his name which mocks the way he 'never' smiles.

Alias: Hissori Inuzuka of the Sharp Fang.

Team: Two

Personality: The Stoic One – On the surface, Hissori fits into the strong, silent, dependable archetype of characters. He is slow to anger, slow to show open sadness and even slow to smile. Few people will be able to tell from just his face alone what he is thinking, because he wears a near-constant frown. There is, of course, good reason for the frown on his face, but few people really tackle the issue of his personal background or the tragedy that is invoked by the recollection of it.

In truth, Hissori is simply slow to open up. He struggles to do so and only really bonds with people he has long and profound exposure to, as is beginning to be seen with his teammates. Whereas the first few missions, he simply acted as a silent third for his teammates, he has slowly begun to open up to his new team mates. Perhaps a part of him is even relishing the act of getting to know the two younger members of his team.

While stoic by nature and by self-crafting, Hissori is profoundly loyal to anyone he gets close to. If any of his friends or family were in any type of danger, it would never even cross the Ninja's mind to abandon them, as he is already aware of what it is like to lose someone close to you. It is one of the few times he shows any sort of passion towards anything.

A few things are known to soften up the stoic Hissori's visage of cold disinterest; the most obvious and effective of these being animals. He gets on very well with animals, perhaps more so than with humans, and it seems that the Inuzuka trait of being able to communicate with dogs has extended itself in Hissori to all mammals and birds. The other thing that seems to successfully interest Hissori is cooking. He likes to cook food and is surprisingly good at it. While the act of cooking is something he normally likes to do on his own, he becomes a bit more social when eating food with others, and he responds very well to feedback. He is also known to have a sweet tooth.

Flaw(s):
  • He has a number of weaknesses as a ninja, including a considerable weakness to Genjutsu (especially those that abuse his senses of smell or hearing, thanks to the boost given by his Inuzuka bloodline)
  • He has a habit of underestimating his opponents.
  • He overthinks things a lot.
  • He has an exploitable phobia!

Kekkei Genkai: The Inuzuka Family

For generations, the Inuzuka family of Konohagakure has been a great skill in using Ninken; or Ninja hounds. At a certain age, the Inuzuka are gifted an animal companion which serves as a soul mate and a battle companion for the rest of their lives. The Inuzuka family are known for using combination attacks with these creatures.

Another aspect of the Inuzuka family is that their senses seem to develop to an almost superhuman intensity. They have heightened senses of smell and hearing, and some are able to bolster their physical abilities with the Four Legs Technique.

Chakra Nature: Lightning

Preferred/Favorite Jutsu: Raiton: Teisū Nagare (Raiton: Constant Flow / 雷遁 : 流れ 定数) The simplest of Lightning releases made more potent by Hissori's diligence, the Teisū Nagare refers to Hissori's ability to supercharge his weapons, equipment or even his body with Lightning chakra. The effects, potency and longevity of the ability are affected by the medium's characteristics, and how much chakra Hissori has put into the item. For example, if Hissori puts chakra into a Kunai, it will be charged for some times as it is both a sturdy item that conducts electricity well. If he were to use, say, a pencil however, it would be charged for a very short time, and would not be as strong a weapon.

The most unique case and use of Teisū Nagare is when he uses his own body as a medium. At the moment, his ability to use his body is both limited and dangerous, as it quickly drains his chakra and can even damage his own body, if he does not concentrate. However, should he land a blow charged up by the Teisū Nagare technique, it would be considerably more powerful and can leave a target temporarily stunned.

Fighting Style: An aggressive and up close fighter; Hissori excels in melee combat, ensuring that there are few-if-any gaps for an opponent to breath, let alone think up counter measures or a strategy. His potent skill in both Taijutsu and Kenjutsu are complimented by his natural sense for battle which has him quickly come up with effective combat strategies, should the initial blitzkrieg prove either ineffective or fail entirely. Unfortunately, his 'Hit first-Think later' strategy leaves him a lacking member of any team, as he is only able to strategize personally, at the moment.

Preferred Weapon(s): Hissori is a master of a great deal of weapons, and he has inherited a number of useful scrolls from his mother. While he can make great use of Kunai, Shuriken and short swords, he makes the greatest use of a Kusarigama which he summons from a scroll. He favours the weapon for its reach, and for the ease in which he can use it to fool his opponents.

History: "My parents were never heroes, but that is fine by me. I don't need a special name to make mine known."

Hissori is the first and only child of Tenten and Kiba. He was enjoyed a very simple childhood filled with a lot of love from both of his parents. On his Sixth birthday, he received his Ninken: A much loved Shiba that he named Kazoku. Hissori and Kazoku were an inseperable pair, as one might expect from an Inuzuka and his Ninken.

Through the academy, Hissori showed immense promise in nearly every respect. His natural affinity for close combat, combined with his near-perfect co-ordination with Kazoku and his natural instinct for fighting meant that, with enough hard work, he graduated as one of the tops in his class. Whispers of words like 'prodigy' were thrown around, although he made it very obvious that he hated any such accusations. To him, prodigy made light of the hard work he put in when he rose to the top. He graduated at the age of 10.

In his first Genin team, he was the 'headliner' so to speak. His skill, when combined with Kazoku, made him the talk of the academy and had him pegged as a very good potential student. He and his team were unlucky to miss out on the first Chunin exam, as their Jounin master thought it would be prudent to give Hissori's teammates a chance to get a little stronger, before they actually underwent the strain of the Chunin exam.

A few weeks before his second shot at the Chunin exam, Hissori and his team were sent out to a mission in the mist village. It was scheduled as a D Rank mission with little-to-no chance of major threat. In truth, the client had lied to the Hokage, and the mission was in truth, worthy of at least B-Rank status, if not A-rank. The client was being hunted by a few Missing-Nin from the Stone village, and was only just spared a messy end by the strained efforts of Hissori and his fellows. The three Genin were all injured in some way, and only through the actions of their Jounin were deaths avoided.

Or…almost avoided. Hissori was being slowly crushed inside of a Doton prison, a result of a foolhardy offensive that would have been his end, were it not for Kazoku. Kazoku managed to attack the assailant and break his concentration, but only long enough that Hissori was released from the binding, so that he could see his beloved Ninken die, at the very same Ninja's hand. The loss, as well as his own severe injuries, almost broke Hissori, and it left him without the will to continue the Ninja's path.

Due to special circumstances, Hissori was allowed to give up being a Ninja, and he seemed to wallow for a couple of years, training his body and seemingly ignoring all the ninja arts he had been installed with. In truth, he was lost with Kazoku, as he had depended on the deep connection he had with the Ninken. Until he was fourteen, he considered the idea of simply working the Inuzuka's veterinary service, but he found himself left hollow.

It wasn't until an intervention by his mother that he snapped out of the stupor of his self-pity. She managed to convince her son to pick up a weapon and fight without the Ninken, in his honour. She asked him what Kazoku would think, seeing Hissori just rot away, and he snapped out of it. He decided to honour his mother's efforts, and began to practice with weapons. He soon found himself with a skill for it, and he began to train rigorously.

Hissori trained for a whole year to attain some of the skill and strength he once held alongside Kazoku. At the age of sixteen, he retook the Academy exam and passed it with flying colours. Placed inside a new team, Hissori found himself quite proud of his progress. He felt that his strength was finally honouring the sacrifice of Kazoku.

In his new team, he was finally able to go about entering the Chuunin exam, and was able to complete it the first time around. In an almost ironic twist, a disparity between the powers of his former Chunin team and him meant that he was reassigned to Team two. The thought had him briefly dwell on what could have been, all those years ago, but he supresses such pointless thoughts. For now, he focuses on further honouring Kazoku, so that he might make his partner proud.

Summons: While he possesses no Animal summons, Hissori has a dozen different weapon summoning scrolls, as well as a summoning Tattoo on his arm which summons various small ninja arms.

Ninja Arts:
Weaponry Fighting: 10
Tactics: 9 (For himself. When he factors in other allies, this drops to a 3 or 4)
Stamina: 9
Taijutsu: 9
Speed: 8
Muscular Strength: 7
Chakra Control: 6
Ninjutsu: 5
Intelligence: 5
Teamwork: 4
Healing: 2
Genjutsu: 1
Total: 75 - An Above Average Chunin

Last edited by a moderator:
@Eon No, no. He's fine. Just don't let him win every fight, okay?

I'm gonna drop out of this RP, I don't really like the fact that someone has the ability of both the Byakugan and copy ability of the Sharingan. It's incredibly OP since that's barely the beginning stages of the KKG. Plus, it doesn't really make sense since those two are some of the strongest Dojutsu's in series but yet a Dojutsu with a name of little relevence to it's skills has both? Well I wish you guys luck, toodles.

I'm gonna drop out of this RP, I don't really like the fact that someone has the ability of both the Byakugan and copy ability of the Sharingan. It's incredibly OP since that's barely the beginning stages of the KKG. Plus, it doesn't really make sense since those two are some of the strongest Dojutsu's in series but yet a Dojutsu with a name of little relevence to it's skills has both? Well I wish you guys luck, toodles.
While I mirror some of your worries, Shoske, I would not outright quit. Instead, try and rationally explain why the Dojutsu or its acceptance worries you.

@Eon: While it seems that you are not trying to do anything rediculous, you basically have created a Mary sue-style nightmare of a technique. The fact that you are using other Dojutsu to describe its effect is half of the worry, for me, as it feels like a lazy/cheaty way of having both Jutsus for no real reason. There are tonnes of different directions you could take a Dojutsu other than 'Like the Sharingan/Byakugan, but not.'

For instance, why not have your Dragon's eye able to see chakra 'trails'? It serves multiple uses (Combat usage, tracking, identifying characteristics of the attack/user's chakra. etc...) Or perhaps you can come up with a better idea, who knows?

It just seems worrisome that the best you can do is 'Like the Sharingan/Byakugan, but not.'

/my2cents.

I promise he won't be OP. If you want, I can give you guys each some sort of "Kill Switch" for him.

@Limeypanda @Eon @Shoske Those were kind of my concerns. I have a problem with being mean to people though. Eon, it would probably be best to design your own Kekkai Genkai or not have one at all. I have to agree with both Limey and Shoske, your character is very much a borderline mary-sue.

Alright. I'll fix it. Thank you all for your input.

How's that? Let me know, I'm perfectly willing to do further editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.