The Silence of War: A Next Generation Naruto Roleplay {OOC~Closed Sign-Ups}

ShikaTem or ShikaIno?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. I know my definition of OP is a lot different from other people's.

Wait.

Did the guy who was supposed to write up the Prodigy finish up their character yet?

Because if Jin's stronger with his 83 score, I'mma have to do some edits myself.

Did the guy who was supposed to write up the Prodigy finish up their character yet?
Because if Jin's stronger with his 83 score, I'mma have to do some edits myself.
It appears the Prodigy is yet to post a character.

I'm also feelin' sad here, as the only member of team 2. Why doesn't anyone wanna be Hissori's friend?

Also, a Genjutsu user would seemingly fuck with like, all of the characters posted thus far.

So what slots are left to take here? If Shoske leaving would allow it, I'd like to pick up the Slacker. I'm interested in the game and have recently familiarized myself with the franchise by almost watching the first hundred episodes this week and reading the wiki.

First hundred?

Holy crap buddy. HAHA

You should ditch the Shippuden Anime and just read the manga, by the way, part one's anime was way better than part two's.

What are the biggest differences between the two versions, story wise?

By the way, so much Naruto is not good for one's sleep

Is this still accepting? If so can I reserve "The gentle one"?

request_uchiha_akihiro_pt_1_by_mitsakii-d3ehrvq.jpg~320x480

Name:
Uchiha Itachi

Role:
The Slacker - Patron Saint of Wasted Potential

Alias(es):
The Fallen Leaf

Chunin and Proud

Team:
One

Personality:
Itachi shares little with his namesake beside his capacity for greatness. He has a love for learning, but most wouldn't guess that based upon his behavior. He prefers freeform experimentation and discovery to instructed achievement. He rarely puts forth the effort to match the ability of others when he sees no need to do so himself. He has a rebellious streak and is unopposed to cheating or using unusual solutions.

He isn't particularly humble, but lacks an innate need to show off. He enjoys having an ace in the hole or a trick up his sleeve. He tends to be prepared when others are not, simply because his curiosity had made him do so prior. Still, he prefers to put in the minimal viable amount of effort, letting others with more enthusiasm do the heavy lifting. Being the greatest isn't important to him, but getting by is. He hates being underestimated, but he usually resists the urge to correct people who make such assumptions.

Flaw(s):
He is somewhat selfish, but not to the point of complete disregard of other's lives or feelings. He can be overtaken by sneak attacks if he believes he is truly secure. He is also fairly dependant on others following their instructions, while he fails to do the same if he doesn't understand their purpose. And he prefers to put in the minimal amount of effort for victory, which sometimes results in underestimating the enemy.

Kekkei Genkai?:
Sharingan
Mangekyo Sharingan (Unactivated)

Chakra Nature:
Fire Release
Earth Release

Preferred/Favorite Jutsu(s):
Fire Release: Flame Bullet
Haze Clone Technique

Fighting Style:
He takes fights one step at a time. Not afraid to use overkill, he still prefers not to take any risks or do anything he'd regret later. He's more likely to use illusions or ranged attacks than risk an injury in hand to hand combat.

Preferred Weapon(s):
Shurikens
Kunai
Poisoned Needles
Explosive Tags

History:
As the beginning of Sasuke's revival of the Uchiha clan, many people initially had very high hopes for him. Named after Sasuke's older brother, he hoped that his son would shine like a torch. Before he was even entered into the academy he was being trained and was expected to solve complex problems effectively. One technique he had that he had refused to share though, was the Chidori. In the meantime, his mother pampered him and fawned over him. As a young boy, he also developed a studious relationship with several of the grown-ups, picking up bits and pieces. He had a great curiosity about one man in particular though: Naruto Uzumaki.

Sure that his son would be the top student, Sasuke was shocked to see the results. It turned out that Itachi wasn't challenged by the Academy and went through with ease. But instead of passing with flying colors, he took naps and did not apply much effort at all. He graduated the Academy because he passed tests based on personally deciding which skills he could use and which he would not. The instructor acknowledged his affinity for the ninja arts, and even passed him, but he gave a serious warning that Itachi would need to learn to follow instructions and stop taking shortcuts.

As a Genin, he was placed under the tutelage of Shikamaru Nara, who he admired for his shrewdness. He did not compete with his teammates for their Sensei's approval, but he did learn what he could. Itachi developed a belief that being in a position of power was not what made someone great, nor was pleasing others, but discovering your personal strengths and using them. As a Genin, he often played strategic games with Shikamaru. Though he'd only beaten his teacher once, he developed a true talent for planning, but with that came a knowledge of when to cut your losses.

When it came time to take the Chuunin exams, he took a lot of time privately sizing up the competition and telling his teammates only what they needed to know. In the one on one fights, he made sure to use different techniques every time he was watched, even risking injury in combat to ensure his own victory through unexpected sneak attacks when the competition believed it was "not his style". Against another candidate who had displayed great affinity with Air and Earth Release techniques, he created a tremor to keep the opponent off balance while he ended the match with use of Fire Bullets.

Summons:
None Yet

___STATS___
Ninjutsu:

Genjutsu:
Taijutsu:
Weaponry Fighting:
Speed:
Muscular Strength:
Intelligence:
Tactics:
Teamwork:
Chakra Control:
Healing:
Stamina:
5​

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, so, I'll be the first to comment on this.

Right, so. Now that we have gotten that out of the way, it is time for some actually constructive criticisms.

The Character

There are no major flaws in the concept of the character. The name is apt, the personality is fine enough and even the image looks kind of snazzy. The flaws are a little meh, but that is okay. As long as he doesn't turn into a Sasuke sort of guy, in regards to the whole

Nightrunner said:
He is somewhat selfish, but not to the point of complete disregard of other's lives or feelings.
type thing

The Powers

Are you...I mean...

Okay, here is the first major issue.

TOO DAMN MUCH IS GOING ON!

You have the Sharingan, okay cool, You have the potential to get the Mangekyo Sharingan, again, cool.

But then you have Blaze release? That being a unique Kakkei Genkai element that is activated by Sasuke and Itachi because Mangekyo reasons? Where the hell did this come from? I thought the Mangekyo hadn't been activated yet. Has Itachi suddenly developed and killed a best friend we don't know about?

Then we get the Chakra types...

You have Four chakra types: Why? How, more importantly. Most people have one Chakra type, two is a rarity. You suddenly have access to four? That doesn't even make sense. Hell, Five would make more sense, although it would still be stupid.

Then we get to the Preferred Jutsu, and it gets weirder and dumber.

Shadow Bind is a jutsu exclusive to the Nara clan. There would be like...no justifyable reason for Shikamaru, even as your sensei, to teach you such a complex jutsu that is exclusive to his house. That is just wierd and dumb and, from an OOC perspective, just gives you more shit to do that you don't need. You have the fucking Sharingan, for christ's sake. Why do you need Another Kakkei Genkai style technique?

Amaterasu: Flame Wrapping Fire implies you have activated the Mangekyo Sharingan, for the second times, despite opening that it is a thing of potential only. You need to be consistent on this.

Fire Release: Flame Bullet this would be a fine preferred jutsu on its own. Why have you added more, all of a sudden? There is no rhyme or reason for you to add anything other than this for your single preferred/favourite/signature jutsu.

Haze Clone Technique. wait...this is that random clone technique used by the weird Village of the rain freaks in the tournament. Why the fuck do you have this technique?

History

It is a little short and vague, to be honest. I wish I knew more about the character, but the issue is above, not here.

Stats

No issues here. They tally up correctly and are even undercut, which is in character of a slacker.

---

So what we have here is an okay character who could probably use a bit more expansion ruined by a classic case of doing way too much. Tone it down, man. Group Roleplays are meant to be just that...Group based. There shouldn't be a star of the show, and there should be no obvious better or worse characters. Otherwise it just turns into some weird power fantasy.

What are the biggest differences between the two versions, story wise?
By the way, so much Naruto is not good for one's sleep

The Anime one's generally filled with a lot of filler. Shippuden is about 60 episodes of filler inbetween the two connecting arcs. I would recommend just reading the manga, since the Manga is less time consuming, as well.

Dude. I'm sorry. It looks like I've offended you, even though I doubt it.

What I did was I looked at the wikis for the abilities of various Uchihas because I haven't seen the entire show. I'm not obsessed with being the best or more powerful or a spotlight hog. I just honestly didn't know any better. I'm not sore over this and I intended to do some touch ups, but that was still a first version before review. If there is anything you'd like to be altered further, lemme know. So, once again, sorry. I mean it. I'm not asking for any special treatment, but just would like it to be known that I've only seen so much.

Edited. Better?

It sure is better.

Thoough, I don't know about Haze clone. Mud / Stone clone seems more fitting.

Edit: Nevermind. I fucked up, I thought of water clone, lol. Haze's a genjutsu. I think you should keep that, no one's got any genjutsu on the roster yet.

Dude. I'm sorry. It looks like I've offended you, even though I doubt it.
What I did was I looked at the wikis for the abilities of various Uchihas because I haven't seen the entire show. I'm not obsessed with being the best or more powerful or a spotlight hog. I just honestly didn't know any better. I'm not sore over this and I intended to do some touch ups, but that was still a first version before review. If there is anything you'd like to be altered further, lemme know. So, once again, sorry. I mean it. I'm not asking for any special treatment, but just would like it to be known that I've only seen so much.
Edited. Better?
You hardly offended me bud. If i was so easily offended, I would have no real place on the internet. Consider my post...an act of concern, I guess.

And yes, it looks much better. As I mentioned, you had so much going on and so much craziness.

If I came off as being offended or anything, that is just my overacting. I tend to do that, so my bad xD This version of Itach is much more fun looking...Something that can develop over time, while already having a cool little niche of his own.

Also in my defense for the initial version, I didn't realize that Shadow manipulation was a bloodline trait. I expanded the history, toned down the chakra natures, and focused his favorite moves. Thank you.

I don't get easily offended anymore. I'm fifteen and my early childhood was a flood of tears. I hardly ever get stressed or anything. I just want to make sure I work well with others is all.

As I said, no drama bud.

Honestly, I can see where things got crazy from your description of how the character was synthesized. Not to spoil any future readings/watchings, but the Uchiha are a pretty powerful bunch, shall we say.

They kind of break the rules a lot.

I've got to say.

I'm surprised no one's cried wolf about Jin having Flying Thunder God Jutsu.
Usually whenever you bring Space Time jutsu into a game, people bitch and moan.

I've got to say.
I'm surprised no one's cried wolf about Jin having Flying Thunder God Jutsu.
Usually whenever you bring Space Time jutsu into a game, people bitch and moan.
It is something that could be abused, sure. But the Jutsu itself is relatively tame if correct limiters are added. For example, you have used the jutsu a grand total of one time, meaning your character would be horribly inexperienced and inefficient with the jutsu. Then there are the natural limitations of the jutsu: that being the requirement of pre-set seals and such.

Exactly.

Just because you have the technique doesn't mean you would use it to the same extent Minato did.

Oh yeah. Hillan, I noticed that you could've given Jin a Byakugan. Any particular reason you didn't? I think it would suit him, being analytical and all.

Not that he's underpowered or anything

I didn't want the Gentle Fist for him and Byakugan without the Gentle Fist wouldn't be very good.

And besides, I figured Flying Thunder God would qualify as on par with a KG already.

Besides, Byakugan's stronger than Sharingan. MS is the only thing that's superior to the Byakugan, and only that's offensively, Byakugan is still a better Dojutsu. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.