OPEN SIGNUPS The Seven Dreaded: Nine Realms (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris_Reaper

Original poster
The 7 Dreaded.jpg

For proper background please check link
Interest Check

The Great Lands Of Khartouma, surrounded by the Scatarris OceanKhartouma.jpg

HIERARCHY OF THE GODS

The One Above All
one above all.jpg
The absolute supreme being of any and all universes. This deity is nameless and is rarely seen or interacted with. All other gods and deities fall under this being and his power dwarfs any under him. It said that the One Above All spoke everything into existence with a single word.

The Celestials
celestials.jpg

A group of lesser deities that take up court in the star regions and the clouded heavens. Most of them are patron gods of virtuous endeavors such as wisdom, patience and loyalty.

The Compendium Of Chaos
compendium of chaos.jpg

A group of lesser gods who act as antithesis to the Celestials. They are responsible for the uncertain and acts of destruction and dis order throughout the cosmos.

The Elemental Spirits
elementals.jpg

Four lesser deities and siblings who govern the essence of water, fire, earth and wind. Two, Water and Wind...commune with the Celestials and are known as patient, generous and benign gods. However the other two, Fire and Earth...have a kinship with the Compendium of Chaos and are known to be brash, hot tempered and impulsive deities.

The Jaded Oracles
jaded oracles.jpg

The watchers, time keepers and guardians of past, present and future knowledge. They are forbidden by The One Above All from directly interfering with mortal affairs.

Nine Realms Of The Abyss
realms of the abyss.jpg

The Underworld split into nine sections, each section lorded over by a set of demonic brothers who are constantly at civil war with each other.

Nine Lords Of The Abyss

Lord Of The First Realm: Karra-Thule
Lord Of The Second Realm: Mayax
Lord Of The Third Realm: Scarr-Talos
Lord Of The Fourth Realm: Phobias
Lord Of The Fifth Realm: Cythonis
Lord Of The Sixth Realm: Nastor
Lord Of The Seventh Realm: Deth-Arr
Lord Of The Eighth Realm: Hypor-Uru
Lord Of The Ninth Realm: Xattrocitus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet

Name:
Height:
(Description or pic)
Tribe:
Weapon(s):
Special Abilities/Powers:
Bio:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Jeraul the Adept
Height: 5'9"

33f9flw.jpg

Tribe: The Caravan of Sophia
Weapon(s): A wand of sorts created from an Oak Sapling and bound with magic to increase its durability to that of steel.
Special Abilities/Powers: Capricious magical control over wind and water elements

Bio:
After the scattering of him and his siblings, Jeraul, the youngest among them, was entrusted to a caravan of priests, mages, and merchants known as the Caravan of Sophia. The Caravan tasks themselves with providing light to a darkened world via the worship of the Celestials. Each member of the caravan has a specific task to keep them alive. The priest's to provide wisdom and medicine, the mages to defend against looters and those with malicious intentions, and the merchants to trade goods and keep the caravan fed.

Jeraul found interest in following the footsteps of the mages of the caravan and grew up learning from them. The mages received their powers by beseeching the gods and studying the practices of those that came before them. Among them where practitioners of all magical practices other than dark arts. Jeraul found himself learning all he could from the mages until he found his passion one night, standing outside in the middle of a thunderstorm. Spurred by something in his spirit he sought to become its embodiment in human flesh by any means necessary.

During an evening in the woods the Caravan was attacked by vicious monsters from the army of Tragedis, having been thirsty for blood and angered by the Caravan's message of hope. Jeraul fought them along with the mages of the Caravan as the priests and merchants attempted to flee. Despite their efforts, most of the Caravan was slaughtered and the anger inside of Jeraul grew to a fever pitch. With a cry to the gods a power awoke in him fierce like the winds of a storm. His devotion having garnered the favor of gods, Jeraul was blessed by the gods of Wind and Water. The god sent a storm and by the command of his hands Jeraul struck the monsters with lightning and saved the precious few left.

Jeraul was blessed with a power far-surpassing normal mages and became known as "The Adept" due to the amount of sway he had with the atmosphere as a mage. Despite having unchecked levels of magical power, Jeraul hasn't been able to completely control it, leaving his full power to be held back until moments of desperation brought on by intense grief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Name: Jericho of Argos
Height: 6'1
Physical Appearance:jeri.jpg (just without the jacket)
Tribe:
The Blight
Weapon(s): The blade, Ascendance
asecdeance.jpg
Assortment of daggers, throwing knives
Clawed gauntlet
gauntlet.png
Special Abilities/Powers: Master warrior and swordsman adept in the fighting art of the Chakra. His sword, named Ascendance...is immune to nearly all forms of magic.

Bio: Jericho of Argos was born the second eldest son of King Darris and was originally second in line to the throne of Argos. But due to his uncle's and his older brother's treachery...his father was murdered, his mother exiled and he along with his other siblings were scattered throughout Khartouma, to hide them from their murderous uncle.

Jericho, as a nine year old boy...was taken in by The Blight, a savage tribe of cutthroats and barbarians situated amongst the far flung desert lands of the Forbidden Dunes. He was adopted by the chieftain of The Blight, known as Herron the Feared. Retaining almost no memory of his former life...Jericho has blocked out the bloody revolt that led to his father's death and his identity as a prince of Argos. All he knows is life amongst The Blight. Herron and his fellow Blightsmen, molded young Jericho into a fierce and fearless warrior...Herron even teaching his adopted son the fighting art of The Chakra, the deadliest known combat discipline in all the land. Jericho became a master of The Chakra, surpassing even Herron himself. When he was nineteen, Jericho competed in the Trials Of Xazster...a thirty day ordeal that was a brutal and grueling death race held once every hundred years by the Jaded Oracles. It is a test of strength, mental discipline and warrior prowess. Jericho proved his worthiness as a warrior by being the only one to complete the trails and essentially the only man left standing. His prize was his blade, which he named Ascendance. A mighty sword forged by the Celestials themselves. It is immune to nearly all forms of sorcery, nigh indestructible and can go toe to toe with even the weapons of the gods...only the One Above All has the power to disarm it.

Jericho is set to inherit his adoptive father's mantle as the chieftain of The Blight...however Herron knows that his son's true destiny lies in him taking his true birthright. To locate his lost siblings, liberate all of Khartouma from the tyranny of Tragedis and avenge his biological father's murder.

Can you tell me what the tribe stuff and whatnot are? I can't find anything anywhere.

@SweetPrince has a good point. How much leeway do we have for making stuff up in this world?

Hey~hey^^!!

Awesomes!! But k so like are we going to work it out OoC'ly how know each other or is that like to play out IC'ly?

Hey~hey^^!!

Awesomes!! But k so like are we going to work it out OoC'ly how know each other or is that like to play out IC'ly?
It looks like the siblings are going to have little memory of who they are or where they're from and that they'll meet up as they go against the demigod dude after having been scattered about all their lives.

Hey~hey^^!!

Good question...I'd preferred it if our characters are unaware of each other for the very beginning. Like for instance my character suffered from a type of amnesia after he was found and adopted by the Blight, so he is not aware he has siblings. Now you don't have to do that for your characters, they can be aware of their pasts but just haven't seen their brothers or sisters for over twenty years. Plus Jericho is the second eldest and he was only nine when Tragedis took over Argos...all the other siblings were younger, so probably wouldn't have to much memory besides.

It looks like the siblings are going to have little memory of who they are or where they're from and that they'll meet up as they go against the demigod dude after having been scattered about all their lives.
Exactly, but I do have a plan for all the siblings to be in same place from the first post in the IC...it'll be explained, you'll see :)

Name: Vannara

Height: 5'9"

Physical Appearance:

Tribe: Windswept

Weapon(s): Wind arrows—darts a little shorter and narrower than a regular arrow which are controlled by carefully pitched whistles. She also carries a short axe, mostly used for climbing.

Special Abilities/Powers: Vannara can "throw" her voice, using wind to carry a whisper or a shout farther than it should be able to go. She has fantastic breath control and can continue to function with thin or tainted oxygen longer than most people.

Bio: Vannara was only four when she was spirited out of the palace and into the Mountains of Dusk on the western coast. She and her guardian were taken in by the Windswept, a large, relatively advanced tribe who built their homes into the sides of the mountains. Vannara went into the care of the tribe's priesthood, worshippers of the wind elemental who learned from it how to control the air. She grew up raising goats, climbing up and down sheer cliffs, and learning all the different ways the wind could be used.

The Windswept avoided Tragedis's attention for a while, but when Vannara was a teenager his forces finally began to crack down on their outer cities for their refusal to worship Nastor. Their magic and understanding of the harsh mountain environment gave them an advantage, but Tragedis's forces just kept coming, pushing the Windswept further and further into the mountains. Vannara, although she wanted to complete her training and become a full priestess, put aside her studies and started helping the incoming refugees. Most of her work was focused on providing food and shelter, but every once in a while a military camp would wake up to find their supplies and weapons gone and their scouts dead, marked with almost delicate puncture wounds.

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Exactly, but I do have a plan for all the siblings to be in same place from the first post in the IC...it'll be explained, you'll see :)
So we gather, learn about each other, have to believe we're siblings, trust each other, then we band together and go fight the bad guy? :/ tbh I think we can get this done OoC but k will have to go with it. We'll see.

K and face claim is realistic, non-white human right?

Jericho's not white? Huh, that's neat, though I may have to make a change to my character's profile.

@Boo Girlie BoomBoom - That's the basic idea...but it'll far more complex and complicated than that. The plot I have in mind is actually quite in depth.

@Michelle the Editor- I hadn't really given race much thought, but yea I guess you could say that Jericho like the ethnicity of The Scorpion King. The pic I used is actually of me and I'm Hispanic. But your profile was great and the pic was fine, My character and yours look like they could be siblings.

That's a great pic of yourself, then, it looks like a movie still. And thank you! I tried to pick someone who resembled Jericho. Maybe we can just assume she's paler because she lives way up in the mountains. Is Vannara ready to go, then?

I've updated my first post with my character sheet. It's a little sloppy but bleh.

That's a great pic of yourself, then, it looks like a movie still. And thank you! I tried to pick someone who resembled Jericho. Maybe we can just assume she's paler because she lives way up in the mountains. Is Vannara ready to go, then?
It is actually from a photo shoot we did for a film I was in, I'm an actor and filmmaker. Yup Vannara is all good!

Name: Buras Beast Caller
Height: 6'6"
Physical Appearance:
ca7535856ac3e8b20a10217bcbe7bdd6.jpg

Red paint almost covers his face, in rememberance of the guardsmen that sacrificed themselves to protect him.
Tribe: The Wrath
Weapon(s): Two handed great axe. And should he not have his axe, gauntlet-ed fists will have to do.
Special Abilities/Powers: Buras can seemingly talk to animals. Whether they actually understand him or just obey the authority in his voice and sense the dominance that surrounds him like an aura instinctively is up for debate.
Bio: Buras was only 1 when his previously unknown uncle came to power, his brother merely a puppet and a tool. Buras was given to a group of mounted castle guards, who rode as fast as their horses could carry them in the direction of least resistance. Even then, the agents of Tragedis were many, and hounded the guardsmen relentlessly. For weeks they rode, some horses dropping from exhaustion and their riders either hitting the ground at a wrong angle and dying with their horse, or demanding that their comrades go on without them, and to leave them to hold off the demons and rebels for as long as they could. Whenever they lost one of their own, the guardsmen marked their faces for morning whichever way they could, whether that be with blood, mud, or even horse droppings if they had to.

For weeks they rode, their numbers slowly dropping as one by one the riders could go no further until only one remained. The now sole captain of the guard, Gareth Bryne, a gray lion if ever there was one, eventually became the last one to stand vigil and protect Buras. But even he couldn't protect the young prince, for the agents of Tragedis soon cornered them. It would have been the end had the wandering Wrath tribe been close at hand.

The Wrath clan, a clan of proud fighters. Constantly challenging themselves, testing how far they could go. They saw the demons of Tragedis as a challenge, and the protection of old man and presumably his son their goal. With cold fury they descended upon the demons, hacking with sword and axe, piercing with spears and arrows, and bludgeoning with clubs and hammers. Their wrath and fury drove the demons away, but they would not relent. The demons, once the hunters, were now the mercilessly hunted.

While the warriors hunted down the last of the demons, the rest of the clan enveloped Gareth and Buras, accepting them in as one of their own. Gareth was obviously a magnificent fighter, and the boy was still young. He could be made into a great fighter as well, if not the greatest.

And so Buras grew with the Wrath tribe, often working together with the Blight tribe, who were not exactly allies but close friends. Gareth was allowed to teach Buras his culture, hence why he still wears the marks of mourning for the fallen guardsmen, but the Wrath took over raising the young boy.

Soon Buras was one of the strongest warriors of the tribe. He to participated in the Trials of Xazster. And though he didn't win it, he grew all the stronger for it. His tribe was grooming him to become the next chief, Gareth's tutoring sharpening his mind and the intense physical regime of the Wrath strengthening his body. His ascent into becoming the chief would have gone off without a hitch had the shaman not had a vision. Though he was not as famous as the Jade Oracles, his ability of prophecy was respected none the less. And after its meaning had been talked over by the current chief and the multitude of other shamans, and eventually found, it was decided that Buras was not to become the chief. Not yet at any rate. He had a task to complete, and no Wrath member worth their salt would leave a task unfinished.

Last edited:
@Beowulf Looks interesting, but where's the bio? Also loving your tribe...I was thinking The Wrath could be a brother tribe to The Blight.

Status
Not open for further replies.