The Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, why not. Seeing as Natalya seems to really want to hurt Halberd, we might as well let her do it now xD.

Halberd sparring with Galina (1 HP) could end badly, and Eleena is just-nope, nope, not fighting that speed. Halberd Vs Natalya would probably be the most interesting fight anyway x3
Let me remind you that Galina is very nearly as fast as Eleena. However, instead of continuing to stack on speed I'm slowly balancing my character out.

Let me remind you that Galina is very nearly as fast as Eleena. However, instead of continuing to stack on speed I'm slowly balancing my character out.

I know, I just don't want to accidentally kill poor Galina with Decimating Blow D: or guillotine of justice

I know, I just don't want to accidentally kill poor Galina with Decimating Blow D: or guillotine of justice

I feel like a mere poke to her belly would result in internal hemorrhaging.

A Natalya vs Eleena spar would probably result in Eleena breaking her wrist with a punch to Natalya's face :P

You would use your serious moves in a friendly sparring match before a big mission? D:

I feel like a mere poke to her belly would result in internal hemorrhaging.
GM confirmed, Galina is paper to other champions.

Pshaw, with all that speed Eleena's packing, she can probably evade Newton's laws...somehow.

Watch as Galina stubs her toe on a rock and breaks both her legs.

Pshaw, with all that speed Eleena's packing, she can probably evade Newton's laws...somehow.
Move so fast that physics can't catch up to you. Run so fast that even Death cannot keep up. Eventually attract the Black Flash.

Was considering that for her next ability. Basically she could run on anything from water to air.

Also wait, so I don't post until the co-op tommorow? Or is it 3-days from now?

@Meira, Eleena and Galina could do some training/sparring together. Eleena may be faster in fact, but Galina has RNJesus on her side.

(Just don't hit her too hard, she'll break).
Eleena will go no-electric charges.

I don't think it's possible to do 2 HP damage with 1 strength anyways.
MFW literally all 3 of her abilities won't be able to be used.

Also god damnit when is she gonna fight a mook that she can double-hit

:@

If anyone else wants to spar, I can do that too I guess.

Eleena's spunky enough to spar ALL the people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eleena will go no-electric charges.

I don't think it's possible to do 2 HP damage with 1 strength anyways.

Also god damnit when is she gonna fight a mook that she can double-hit

:@
I was looking forward to being the fastest character in this RP before you stole my speedy spotlight, so I'll not lament the continued uselessness of your ability. Mwahahahaha.

She literally can't use any of her abilities when sparring with you. :@

Overwhelming speed doesn't let her go twice, and its in combat so the speed bonus is nullified
Charges would potentially kill Galina
Second Wind... well I certainly don't hope that Eleena would be drastically wounded enough to feel the need to use it :@

You would use your serious moves in a friendly sparring match before a big mission? D:
N-no! Galina's nice and I wanna cuddle her D: ! I was joking about Guillotine of Justice, but Decimating Blow is pretty much I Have An Increased Chance To Hit You Fucking Speedsters For Once In My Life Blow. I'm unsure if it does additional damage to a basic axe attack X3.

Either way, getting hit by 7 Might doesn't sound fun... maybe he'd just whip Stiletta out and pretend it's his main weapon to make Galina feel better.

Eleena should fight Aesil. Just have them encounter each other on the streets, and then suddenly battoru.

And yeah, it's literally numerically impossible to do 2 HP damage with 1 Might.

She literally can't use any of her abilities when sparring with you. :@

Overwhelming speed doesn't let her go twice, and its in combat so the speed bonus is nullified
Charges would potentially kill Galina
Second Wind... well I certainly don't hope that Eleena would be drastically wounded enough to feel the need to use it :@
We'll fight in an open area so Selective Gravity won't be helpful, Galina will avoid using Flash Step because she doesn't want to tire herself out, and Challenge Fate is pretty much the same as Second Wind, she will only use it if she has to.

N-no! Galina's nice and I wanna cuddle her D: ! I was joking about Guillotine of Justice, but Decimating Blow is pretty much I Have An Increased Chance To Hit You Fucking Speedsters For Once In My Life Blow. I'm unsure if it does additional damage to a basic axe attack X3.

Either way, getting hit by 7 Might doesn't sound fun... maybe he'd just whip Stiletta out and pretend it's his main weapon to make Galina feel better.

Or, hear me out, he could whip out his other secret weapon.

After a few more battles there are just a couple things I wanted to change with mechanics and players. Here are Patch Notes 1.1!

General Mechanics Changes

After Aesil's last battle, it became apparent that utilizing extra effort didn't result in as drastic a detriment as it should be. Normally Extra Effort grants a temporary +2 in any one stat, whilst losing 1 point in that stat for the rest of the battle afterwards. When used continually, it essentially amounted to only decreasing in 1 each time.

Extra Effort now more properly simulates the exhaustion it causes, and decreases by an increasing amount each time Extra Effort is used in a battle (i.e. -1 the first time, -2 the second time, -3, so on and so forth).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Changes

- Lyssa Elspeth

Other characters with passive buffs have a noticeably greater (looking at you, Este and Aesil) amount of stats given to them with no detriments. Lyssa's Sacred Wings must be activated and only grant a +1 to two stats. That's no fair!

Sacred Wings now grants a +2 to both Might and Speed.

- Kanade Kondou

The ease at which Kanade can heal, while useful, has proven to be a bit too useful, able to heal even major injuries without too much effort. While her scaling with Fortitude won't be changed, the way it interacts with missing Health must be changed to decrease the extreme ease and rate at which she heals.

To heal, Kanade rolls XD10 where X is her Fortitude against a base 3D10 + 1D5 per health missing in target. Bonus healing points now require beating the health roll by 20 instead of 10.

Damn, Halberd and his fourth ability, eh? I always did think that a stun scaling off Perception was OP.

Realistically, if Eleena survives long enough to get a 4th ability, I don't want her to die and have to make a new character with 3 abilities while everyone else has 4.

So I'm probably going to give her a self-sacrifice attack that powers up with more health sacrificed. So that way I can use it in tandem with Heroic Second Wind, and if it applies, Overwhelming Speed.

So I'd have a Super Burst damage, then be able to move once after, and potentially again before or after (Ov. Spd)

Well, I can dream until Asuras nerfs/denies it 'cause speed OP

Eleena should fight Aesil. Just have them encounter each other on the streets, and then suddenly battoru.

And yeah, it's literally numerically impossible to do 2 HP damage with 1 Might.
>Eleena goes to get more banana bread
>Aesil stops her and demands the delicious smell
>Eleena gives her a piece because she feels bad for a qt begging child
>Aesil wants MORE
>Eleena's like NOPE NOPE ITS MINE
>THEN I'LL JUST EAT YOU

Works for me lol

After a few more battles there are just a couple things I wanted to change with mechanics and players. Here are Patch Notes 1.1!

General Mechanics Changes

After Aesil's last battle, it became apparent that utilizing extra effort didn't result in as drastic a detriment as it should be. Normally Extra Effort grants a temporary +2 in any one stat, whilst losing 1 point in that stat for the rest of the battle afterwards. When used continually, it essentially amounted to only decreasing in 1 each time.

Extra Effort now more properly simulates the exhaustion it causes, and decreases by an increasing amount each time Extra Effort is used in a battle (i.e. -1 the first time, -2 the second time, -3, so on and so forth).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Changes

- Lyssa Elspeth

Other characters with passive buffs have a noticeably greater (looking at you, Este and Aesil) amount of stats given to them with no detriments. Lyssa's Sacred Wings must be activated and only grant a +1 to two stats. That's no fair!

Sacred Wings now grants a +2 to both Might and Speed.

- Kanade Kondou

The ease at which Kanade can heal, while useful, has proven to be a bit too useful, able to heal even major injuries without too much effort. While her scaling with Fortitude won't be changed, the way it interacts with missing Health must be changed to decrease the extreme ease and rate at which she heals.

To heal, Kanade rolls XD10 where X is her Fortitude against a base 3D10 + 1D5 per health missing in target. Bonus healing points now require beating the health roll by 20 instead of 10.
Oh yeah I've been meaning to ask.

Electric Soul - Scales with Fortitude
Each time Eleena successfully hits an opponent, they gain an Electrical Charge. The next time Eleena would damage an opponent with Electrical Charges, they detonate and roll against the target's Fortitude to deal an extra damage point. The more Charges there are, the more dice are rolled to penetrate.

Does 'scales with fortitude' mean that it does more damage the more fortitude she has?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, Asuras already killed my dream of Aesil being a berserking extra-effort spammer. Rest in pieces, One Punch Aesil.

Now I might actually have to make her a space-mage q.q

If Asuras confirms Electric Soul does more damage the more Fortitude Eleena has, I might just put one more point in speed then dump the rest into Fort for both damage and reslience.

Then again, I might continue on my speed trip until Eleena can move twice against even Galina lel

Btw, what is extra effort? From the phrasing, it sounds like something all of us can do, but I must have missed it wherever it is.

Basically, sacrifice one stat point for the rest of the match in order to get +2 for that stat on that turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.