The Sentence - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kazuma? That's actually a great idea, Aesil!" Junkiro gave her a warm smile. If anyone knew anything about machinery and the like, it'd be him for sure. Junkiro followed Kokusho and raced into town. The others seemed a bit disapproving, which Junkiro took mild offense to with Kokusho. As she offered her defense, Junkiro added "You never know until you meet him...don't judge so quickly...."

They arrived in town right quick, and Kokusho bolted to Kazuma, who was going on another run in the battlesuit he had created himself. He never seems to be away from it anymore, Junkiro mused to himself as he trailed behind Cookie. The artificial Champion, as he occasionally called him, was beginning to be a bit too reliant on the contraption for his own good, in Junk's opinion; what if he were forced to battle without it? "For another time," he said quietly to himself before joining the other two Palacians.

"Hey there Kazzy! Looks like the ol' robot suit's still holdin' up, eh? That's good to see," he greeted cheerfully. "We've...had some more interesting encounters, as you've noticed." Junkiro motioned back to his Secondwind companions. "This is Apex and Virod. They might have a question or two for ya."

As the four of them chattered onwards, Aesil couldn't help but wonder what the problem was. Lack of knowledge? Lack of experience? Lack of materials? Lack of 'shipyard'? Lack of Beni? The beast girl didn't really understand what the problem was there. If they lacked something, just get it? What's so hard about that? For a few moments, she rolled that thought in her head, wondering whether or not living inside the belly of the 'Crane' had turned their brains into hardened, smoked fat…before she caught herself salivating over that image. Casting away her hunger into a deeper recess of her mind, Aesil realized that she had stepped on a tomato whilst lost in her thoughts, and promptly picked it up and ate it. It was dirty and red and slimy, and the juices spilled down the corners of her mouth as she drank that fat vegetable.

Yup, that definitely helped.

As Kazuma popped up in the distance, waving about in his weird metal skeleton thing, Aesil nodded, before stating rather flatly, "If no knowledge, teach him. If no experience, practice him."

Satisfied with that short spout of words, she took another bite of the stepped-on tomato and proceeded to lick her fingers clean.

"..." Este sighed, it was cute that Aurora thought Este was way more powerful that she really was, and in reality the vampire would have wished so, but that 'simple suggestion' the armored woman made was outrageous, to add on that, it didn't seem like she was following her order. Another sigh escaped her, did she overestimate the use of that human? Whatever. While the noble didn't deem that she could gain more value out of staying here, she had other matters at hand, thus, turning around, Este took her leave.

Ordvia, the largest family of vampires in this god forsaken place, was Este's first choice to seek help from. The white hair did consider asking one of the other houses first but ultimately decided against it. Since this clan didn't bother much with the outside world the chance of them just standing by and doing nothing would have only increased if Este already found other people to fight against the Guardians. In fact, even if they were the biggest family, she highly doubted to find anyone strong enough to aid in her fight considering how cowardly they were. Nonetheless here she was, alone, without a proper appointment.

NrOIoQB.png

@Psyker Landshark @R-9 Pilot

"Well... I wouldn't say it's backwater in that sense," Nitanna assured, rubbing the back of her head, "I'd hazard a guess Beni means that it's just really far from the other countries."

"Which it is," Beni added, "We were lucky something even existed out here! How long has your little city been away from civilization anyways-" Before she could continue, she received another jab from her knightly comrade.

"I can imagine our part of the world has developed one or two things Drisbane has yet to conquer, but nothing so grandiose that I'd call ourselves the 'height of civilization'. I suppose airships are one such thing. Nifty, but nothing your engineers couldn't eventually cook up with some help, I'm sure," Nitanna said. Beni mumbled gibberish and turned her head as Lyssa advised her well.

The four girls made it to the base of the Drisbane Citadel's steps, earning a noise of wonder from Nitanna and a scoff from Beni. They climbed the steps and made their way past the golden, immense doors that stood at the top. Inside was a long hall decorated with banners signifying the families of individuals long since gone, each of their crests distinct from one another in color and symbolism. At the forefront of the hall, hanging from the center, was the Aesilian crest in green and gold.

Familiar with the place, Lyssa and Kanade easily found their way to Efrida's conference chamber, ordering a servant along the way to search for the Queen and alert her to the two foreigner guests and their desire to speak with her. In a time of great peace, and with the news of a crashed ship having undoubtedly reached the Queen's ears already, it was unsurprising how quickly Efrida met with the four girls.

Instinctively, Nitanna stood up from her seated position and bowed, likely able to surmise Efrida's identity simply by how she carried herself and the looks Kanade and Lyssa inevitably had upon her entrance.

"Queen Efrida, it is a pleasure to meet you," Nitanna said with a gracious smile, "My name is Nitanna Borquel, and this is Beni. Our ship, as you may already know, crashed outside your city. We survived thanks to Beni's navigational and engineering skills, and have found ourselves here."

Efrida smiled and motioned for her to sit, seemingly ingorant to the fact that Beni did not stand herself. Situating herself at the front of the table, she nodded to Kanade and Lyssa in silent thanks before speaking up. "Interesting. How far have you traveled? Are you the only survivors?"

"We are two of six survivors. We come from various corners of the globe, all united under the title of 'Second Wind'. We are refugees," Nitanna replied. Efrida looked taken aback.

"And... you seek solace within our city? From what?" Efrida said.

Nitanna shook her head. "Not solace, your grace. We landed here by accident." She paused for a moment. "We were running from an opposing force, known as the Eudasti Empire." Efrida frowned. Though she was familiar with the term, such an existence was unprecedented in the Drisbane area. They were but a single city-state, a place you could fully see with your eyes from the top of the citadel. An empire-sized nation was difficult to imagine.

"I presume they are the cause of your accident?" Efrida supposed. Nitanna nodded.

"Indeed. On our way to the lands south east of here, we were intercepted by ground forces we did not expect. It seems as though the Longtill country to your north had been assimilated by the Empire without our knowing, likely having completed years in advance," Nitanna explained.

"I see," Efrida looked to the table beneath her hands, "I know of the country, but it is news that it has had a change in ownership."

Nitanna clasped her fingers together. "We fear your city may be at risk of a small number of invaders," she said grimly, "Undoubtedly the Empire has sent champions after us knowing our ship was doomed to crash. It's only a matter of time before they catch up on foot."

"Thank you for your concern," Efrida nodded lightly.

"We... doubt that the Empire has any ire for your city, but any attention drawn to it given the Empire's proximity through Longtill may be something to worry about," Nitanna said.

"This is only a heads up though," Beni said, "What comes next is inevitable." Efrida gave a confused look, whilst Nitanna glared at Beni. She continued, "If the Empire sets its sights on your city, that's the end of it. You may as abdicate the moment they walk up to you and say the golden doors of this building look pretty."

Efrida seemed to notice Nitanna concern for Beni's behavior, but reassured her with a smile. "A grave situation it seems. Despite your landing's effects on farming and your foreign nature, the help you've given us simply by this warning has aided in bolstering my opinion of you Second Winds." Efrida sighed.

"Do you know from where these Eudasti forces may arrive from? The same direction your ship came from, no?" Efrida asked. Nitanna nodded and looked towards the west.

"Correct, from the way we traveled in the west. Your city's outskirts seem quite flat for some time, devoid of forestry and hills. You will be able to see them coming from a long ways away," the knightess said.

"Still, we should not skimp in our surveillance. I would ask that Kanade and Lyssa," she turned to the two girls, "find Lizbaine and bring her along with yourselves to the west wall of Drisbane. The Palacians there should grant you a place to sleep if you explain the situation. We don't know when these Eudasti folk will arrive, so I believe it best to prepare now. As for you two, I would like to learn more about this Empire you've run from."

"Interesting. If what was said to me is true, then that must have shook up the city pretty badly, having a faction reduced to an academy and all," Okine said, putting a hand to her chin in curiosity. I don't suppose there's an opening in your faction for a position as a hunter?" she laughed heartily. "'Ve been bored without things to beat up on lately. Being stuck on an airborne ship with only friends means no exercising your skills, am I right?" she looked to Ferenfel with a grin, who in turn looked away in embarrassment.

"Anyways, I'd love to get to know more bout' your faction. It's what us two have been sent off to do and all. Seems to me like yours is the more interesting anyways. Heard about three others, two of which sounded pretty the same... and a police force. Bleh," she grimaced. "How does that even work for you guys? Having police and all? All my home town had was a single sheriff, and he maintained order moreso through notoriety and respect." Turning to Galina, Okine shook her head.

"Shame isn't it? Such a beautiful ship going down in the middle of a vegetable field. Ship's name is the Red Crane, built by one of our friends over there. Fell to some Eudasti ground forces in Longtill, but we managed to get her all the way out here. Anyways, should we head up to the city?" Okine proposed. As Aurora approached them, Okine and Ferenfel kept quiet, unsure of their host's disposition towards letting strangers into this so-called Library and meeting with their faction head.

"I'd hazard a guess she's forgotten bout' us. Perhaps maybe in favor of some banana bread?" Mimo joked, trying to lighten up the situation. She'd been briefed several times by her juniors about the changes in Halberd's behavior. She wasn't particularly fond of the shift towards even more ruthless nature, but since Halberd hadn't yet lost his marbles, she could turn an eye to it for the time being.

"Aye. Manipulative, murderous, vile," Mimo detailed to Aiden as they walked, "Though this one in particular doesn't seem to be the most cautious. Her friends have managed to evade our detection for countless years now, but now this one, this Esterellia Forbes, just appears out of nowhere and starts picking people off one by one. At least 45 deaths or missing persons since the Goetia tower fell. That's not normal. That's a vampire trying to start her own clan if you ask me!"

As they made it back to the Guardian Borough and Mimo's office, she began to uncover the more specific plan in mind. "Since Eleena's not here and doesn't seem to be inclined to come back anytime soon, I'll go ahead and brief on the mission at hand. We can do without the blue blur for one mission, yea?" She brought out a map of Drisbane and laid it out on the table.

"All across the city we've had reports of missing or dead individuals. As the dead ones have proven to be killed by vampire draining, it's undoubtedly the case that the missing ones were turned or made into subservient ghouls." She pointed to a spot in the abandoned borough. "We believe this Esterellia lives in an old manor in the abandoned district. I can't tell if it was a smart or dumb decision myself, but there it is. We don't know where specifically, but we believe it's somewhere here." She leaned up and looked to Aiden and Halberd.

"You two and and two others will be going in to scout it out tonight, and see if you can't figure it out." She looked specifically to Halberd, "I know how things turned out against Astra months back, but try not to be distraught with these ones. Esterellia herself has proven to be a brutal and malevolent vampire. She's nothing like Astra. So swing that axe to your hearts content!" she motioned with her arm in a joyous way.

"Any questions?"

The two foreigners looked to each other as Aesil spoke to them in a simple, childish manner. It seemed to take aback Apex more than Virod, and the dragon coughed conspicuously. Turning to Junkiro, the dragon talked in a much more well-intentioned and respectful way, even as the Kazuma individual stood right before them.

"It is less of us doubting his abilities, and moreso of us recognizing the limitations of your city's technological progress," he said. Virod looked up to Apex with comically puffed cheeks, as if he was stifling a loud laugh. The dragon roared. "What?! I can speak with fancy shit from time to time!" Virod averted his bought of laughter rather robotically, immediately returning to his saintly expression and turned to Kazuma.

"Gorgeous piece of work you've got there. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a Eudasti technician already here to kill us!" Kokusho turned to Virod with a strange look. What was he talking about? "Ah, my apologies, Kazuma is it? My name if Virod, as Junkiro here said, and this is Apex. Don't mind his terrifying visage," Virod laughed. The dragon nodded to Kazuma. "We've got a friend who'd love to share ideas with you, if the time ever comes around."

"We'll be here a long time, you'll meet her," Apex stated.

"We were headed to your faction... leader... was it?" Virod said, gesturing down the street. "What we have to say to this Aosoki Hime is quite important, so while I'd love to meet you, I think it best I reach her before too long."

As the group inevitably passed, Apex moved closer to Kazuma and leaned down with his long neck to his height and mumbled quietly. "The airship is broken open and unprotected. The owner is nowhere around it too. If you ever wanted to see the interior mechanisms of one, I'd say now's your chance!"

Unaffiliated
@Skyswimsky

Despite her lack of an appointment, the Forbes vampiress was treated rather well upon reaching the underground entrance to the Ordvia household castle, albeit with a hint of condescension. Welcomed inside by a pale young butler, Esterellia was first offered a small drink of blood by a passing maid before she could even explain the reason for her presence. The castle was lavishly decorated and surprisingly well lit. An array of reds, purples, and blacks decorated the carpets and upholstery.

Disappearing after her request for audience with the Ordvia head, Esterellia was left quite alone in the massive foyer for a few minutes before a distant, echoing voice called out to her from across the room. Descending from the grand staircase, an unfamiliar face, but a familiar name made herself known.

Kairen Ordvia, vampiress family head of the vampire family Este sought to attain help from. The raven-haired girl walked down the staircase with a pointless, graceful flair, as if to flaunt the very rugs and marble-carved steps she walked upon.

"I never would have expected a Forbes vampiress to come here, much less for the Forbes family itself to even still remain alive. I heard that Astra is dead. A shame. She was a talented and gorgeous girl. No matter. What brings you here, Esterellia Forbes? I am quite free, and so have plenty of time to talk."

Last edited by a moderator:
An incoming external threat from some sort of Empire...well, things were never easy, were they? Still, forewarned was forearmed, at least. Kanade didn't have much else to add to the meeting as it was in progress, so she mostly held her silence. She stood and bowed to Efrida once her orders were issued. "Of course, my Queen." She did pause before, leaving, however. "While learning more from our guests is quite important, what of their accommodations?" She also turned to them, to address the two foreigners directly. "For that matter, is there anything you want to do, while you're here, or requests you might have?"

She waited for their answer before leaving to find Lizbaine. She didn't usually work with Champions she didn't know well, preferring either to work alone with with the friends she had. At least nobody had reason to question her loyalties, with the more favorable political situation. Though they probably should get along, being of foreign descent, Kanade didn't know much about the other girl. Still, she knew where to find her, and eventually wandered there to pass on Efrida's orders.

She didn't relish the idea of standing watch on the walls. There wasn't much to do except sit around, and really, Kanade's abilities didn't lend themselves well to such a job. But, orders were orders, no matter how dry they may be. And she could still find something to do. An impromptu concert from the top of the wall would probably be a welcome break of routine, and would help morale anyway...

Collab with @Azathoth and @kingdomkeylight

Natalya frowned as the girl spoke to them. Something about her manner made her stand out, whether it was her oddly coloured eyes or the well-crafted armour visible at her arms and legs. Natalya was sure this newcomer was no ordinary visitor to the Library. "Care to state why you so urgently need to see the Librarian at this time?"

Galina gave the newcomer a searching gaze as well. She was not familiar, and her distinctive appearance would have left a mark if they had crossed paths before. Of course, Drisbane was a large place so she didn't expect to know everyone. Shrugging apologetically at Okine and Ferfenel, she turned to await the newcomer's response, trusting Natalya's brusque manner to uncover her intentions.

"Because at this time she is possibly the only one who can answer the question to something I have been investigating for more than half a year. That Kaileb himself may still be after," Aurora responded in complete honesty. There was no need to lie to this woman even though she had caused no reason for the rather... subtle hostile nature that came from the blood mages facial features. "I promise you I only mean the best in intentions for the Goetia," Aurora promised.

Galina took a step closer to the stranger. "What do you know of Kaileb's whereabouts?" She asked, ignoring the first bit. They already knew that Kaileb wanted Carol, and he wouldn't get her as long as the Guardians maintained a sound watch over her.

Natalya eyed the woman with more suspicion after what she said. She knew things about Kaileb huh? Well, she certainly had a pretty shoddy cover story. They'd known about Kaileb's goal for months, although, knowing what he planned to do once he got her? That was a different kettle of fish. Galina's response came as no surprise - she'd been dedicating her time towards eradicating the remnants of his influence. If she could get her hands on him, the job would doubtlessly go a lot smoother. Regardless, the fact that she knew anything about Kaileb despite being from outside the faction made her suspicious. "Rest assured, we know what Kaileb's after, and she's in a safe place. He won't get his hands on her. Now, when you're done answering my friend's question, how do you know what Kaileb is after? What's your connection?" Natalya kept her gaze fixed on the stranger's unnaturally coloured eyes as she spoke.

Her? It took a moment for Aurora to process Natalya's words to a point she had completely ignored Galina's question. Once it set into place Aurora eye's had a much more peaceful , and relaxed look. They had the child of the Madurn, but from the sounds of it they didn't know that seeing how they had no idea why Kaileb would want her... Kaileb had apparently lost the child, and from what Natayla spoke the child was well secured. "That's good to hear... I do not know of Kaileb's whereabouts I'll make that perfectly clear. As for my connection in the matter trust me when I say even if i did tell you, you wouldn't believe me for a second, but the Librarian will," she answered directly to Natayla keeping a equal level of eye contact. It was hard to go into detail with how she knew the things she knew mainly cause who would believe she had literally been to hell, and back while inside the Madurn Sanctuary. "...My name is Aurora Spiere, and trust me when I say I know a lot more about that child than you do. I wont speak of it though out in the open, or without the presence of the Librarian," the battle mage spoke figuratively putting her foot down on how this needed to go. She could tell the two were pumped with aggressive adrenaline at the mention of Kaileb it was clear as day they wanted him dead... and that was a good thing. However, it did no good to tell them what she knew without a higher figure in the Goetia to responded properly to the matter. Most likely these two women were Goetia Champions so if they knew Goetia's history they should have picked up on her last name belonging to a long gone man who once stood around the top of the Goetia chain of command. "Please trust me Goetia's well being is in my mind."

Aurora Spiere. It was the type of name that sounded like it should be familiar, but wasn't. She certainly expects us to do a lot of trusting, she thought, looking her over once again. She didn't appear particularly suspicious or deceitful to Galina, and she would be foolish to try something in the Library with two champions escorting her. "Fine. We'll escort you to the Librarian, and allow her to sort out the truth of your claims."

With that settled, Galina turned back towards Okine and Ferfenel. "Sorry about the interruption. An opening in our faction? Yes, our numbers have suffered lately. If you're really interested in joining, it can be discussed after we've spoken with Frua, the leader of our faction." Recalling what the former had said about their ship, she realized it raised more questions than answers. With an internal sigh, she decided she could let Frua sort out what had happened to them as well. Bracing herself for any questions they might have, she gestured for them to follow her and Natalya and proceeded towards the city.

As Galina made a decision, Natalya nodded slightly. If she was lying or planned to cause trouble...well, that would be too bad for her. If she genuinely was telling the truth, it could help answer some of the questions they still had left from 6 months ago, and maybe even put Galina and her comrades in a position to lay their hands on Kaileb. Turning back to the newcomers, Natalya couldn't help but feel a grin come to her face. Okine's attitude was a bit of a breath of fresh air. "Well, the way the police force works is that they come help you, but only if you pay them in advance. Doesn't work out so good for the Gutter rats though, as you might imagine..." Setting off after Galina, Natalya turned back to them as she walked. "Ferenfel, hope you don't mind me asking, but...those ears. Read about creatures called elves that had ears like that - you one of them?"

Why were they surprised? Tilting her head to the side in a rather perplexed manner, she wondered if they truly didn't understand that nugget of logic, before the two foreigners went on to address Junkiro. They justified their previous assumptions with some fancy talk that apparently brought up laughter from both individuals, before changing the subject to something much more ear-catching. Something called an 'Eudasti technician' wanted to kill them. The Beast of Goetia had heard of 'Eudasti' before, but had brushed it off before. Now that the guests of Aosoki Hime made it clear that they were under some sort of external, unknown threat, Aesil narrowed her eyes.

If there was the possibility of an assailant tracking their movements, then it was her duty as a temporary champion of the Palace to strike down that 'Eudasti technician' when they revealed themselves. With that in mind, Aesil slid up behind Kokusho, ignored the tasty, semi-fishy smell of her skin, before tugging onto the martial artist's sleeve to catch her attention. "Teach them how to bow properly," the brunette said, before walking off.

A ninja, Rasoba had always instructed, was better off in high places, in the shadows. The unseen blade is the deadliest, and it was best for those escorted by a ninja to never even be aware of the killers hired to go after their head. Taking in a calming breath and quelling her hunger once more, Aesil leapt upwards, rebounded off the frame of a door, swung herself up and over a clothesline, strode elegantly on the thin line, and found herself on the tiled roofs of the Palacian buildings. Lowering herself against the dark tiles, the girl kept one eye on the road as she lept from roof to roof, silently keeping pace with the rest of the group.

It would be best if nothing happened, but if the Eudasti technician was tasty and fleshy…well, it'd be rather nice if something happened then.

Halberd
HP: ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋

"I'd hazard a guess she's forgotten bout' us. Perhaps maybe in favor of some banana bread?"

Halberd didn't crack a smile when Mimo tried to lighten the mood. Whilst he might've back then, nowadays, he assumed the worst. The blue bolt was unpredictable, goofy, sure. But Eleena wasn't dumb enough to get distracted with food or something else dumb instead of a serious mission. Hallus wanted to speak up and say something wasn't right, but the Warden didn't seem bothered. Whatever. If she was so sure. She continued.

"Though this one in particular doesn't seem to be the most cautious. Her friends have managed to evade our detection for countless years now, but now this one, this Esterellia Forbes, just appears out of nowhere and starts picking people off one by one. At least 45 deaths or missing persons since the Goetia tower fell."

Halberd's mind paused. 45 deaths. Missing persons was just a polite way of stating they were dead.

The two-digit number just seemed to replay in his mind. 45 deaths - in six months - by presumably one person. Likely innocent people, picked off by some little-coward-shitbag. He'd dealt with some scum before, and he still had scum to deal with - such as Kalieb - but... this. This was one of the biggest cases he'd dealt with in a damn long time, ever since the failed attempt to capture Kalieb. His face and body language didn't show much change, but his mind was ablaze with anger.

45 deaths. No. Not in his fucking city. ...What was her name? Esterellia Forbes. It was a quite a smart name for a lowly little cun-

Halberd almost bumped into the door of the office, which shook him out of his mind's rage. Most likely a good thing. Taking a breath, Halberd entered the office, leaning Retribution against a wall as he heavily pulled up a chair and sat next to Aiden. He wondered how this new guy would do... then again, he wasn't neccessarily a 'new guy'. Just someone Halberd hadn't seen before. He'd be fine.

~ ~ ~
Halberd kept quiet for Mimo's briefing, studying the map carefully. Hm... a manor. It was surprising this Esterellia wasn't living in a little blood-stained hole, but vampires were just like humans. Smart. Being in mansion seemed to brave, too stupid, to be legit. No doubt the place was full of traps, for this mass murderer would know their actions wouldn't come without the Guardians being on their tail.

"I know how things turned out against Astra months back, but try not to be distraught with these ones. Esterellia herself has proven to be a brutal and malevolent vampire. She's nothing like Astra..."

What did she mean, 'distraught'? It was only Carol that changed stuff... he only felt bad that Carol didn't have anybody left. If Halberd had been faced with Astra, he probably wouldn't have let her live, even if Carol pleaded against it. He kept quiet nonetheless.

So swing that axe to your heart's content!"

"Oh, I will." Halberd said. He knew what he needed to do. When Mimo asked if there were 'any questions?', Halberd replied quickly, leaning on the table a little as he began to talk. He had a few questions, such as who these other people joining him would be, but he got to the first on his mind.

"I got one. If we, say, set fire to her mansion, would it spread to other houses?" Halberd paused, indicating that he wasn't being crazy or being funny - this was a serious idea in his mind. "Because it's damn obvious that the vampire will have traps and ambushes set up for us inside that place. Let's not play their stupid game. We'll smoke them out, and kill them outside. We'll kill some of her forced fledglings in the process, too." Halberd's face was dead serious about this idea. It was a risk, but it'd be effective. But he'd go with whatever Mimo had planned, he just saw this as an idea, that was all.

"And yeah. I know the risks. Such as if this vampire takes innocent hostages in her little mansion. This 'Esteralli' or whatever the shit's name was must be clever, if she's gone this far without being detected..."

Last edited by a moderator:
As Kazuma came near to the group, he caught the words "limitations of your city's technological progress." Those words got his thoughts buzzing more than they should have. These people WERE more technologically advanced than those in Drisbane! Oh, he wanted to pick their brains all the more desperately now. What had they created that he could not? He needed to know the extent of the world's technology! He could use it to make so many things! Things he couldn't even imagine until he had the technology to create it in front of his nose. He so desperately wanted to get his hands on some of the technology these strangers possessed. What could he make? What could he create? What new creations could he breathe life into if he only knew what these strangers knew? His mind was racing with so many possibilities that he almost missed the compliment they gave him on his suit.

He didn't even have the chance to thank the man for the compliment when he was already saying something about some Eudatsi technician. What was that supposed to mean? There were people here to kill them? And if so, why? Would they have to be protected, or could they protect themselves? If they needed protection, were the costs of that protection worth the benefits that these people would give? Also, there was always the possibility that these newcomers weren't exactly the "good guys" in their confrontation with this Eudatsi person. There were too many uncertain variables to pass an opinion on anything these people said.

"Nice to meet you both, and I must say that I greatly look forward to meeting your companion when the time comes." Kazuma said in response to their introductions. His questions on their opponents were pushed aside for the time being. There was someone with them willing to share some information about these new people and their technology! That alone was enough to make the young engineer shake a bit with excitement. He was certainly looking forward to whenever the time was that he would get to discover these new technologies, and whatever new ideas were carried by the strangers. He was so immensely interested in it all.

Apex's short mutterings to him shook his world. An airship. All to himself. The mechanisms exposed. The technology would be there in front of him. His fingers were already beginning to twitch a bit. He could only imagine what it would be like to take apart the ship. To reverse engineer the parts he found there. He could feel the cool metal in his grip already. Or would it be metal? Would it be some kind of synthetic material? Something lighter, more durable? So many questions bubbled in Kazuma's head, questions that could all be answered if he left the group now. He could go see for himself. Every logical part of Kazuma's brain screamed that it was a trap, screamed that if Virod could mistake him for an Eudatsi, then the returning owner of the ship could as well. But at the same time, the curiosity in Kazuma's mind was screaming that he would never have another opportunity to go look. He just had to go. There was no way he couldn't.

"I'll be back in a little while." he said to Kokusho before turning and jogging off in the direction of the ship. Well, the direction of the huge crash earlier which he assumed to be the ship. His legs carried him to the crashed ship as fast as he could manage, and he soon found himself staring at the smoking hull of the airship.

Junkiro wasn't sure what Apex had said under his breath to Kazuma, but the mechanized Champion sure seemed to be running off in a hurry. From the angle he was taking, it looked like the airship. Junkiro cocked his head a moment in contemplation; there was a lot of ground to cover before he'd reach the giant mechanical behemoth, and Kazuma, even though he had a brilliant mechanical mind, would probably get lost. Or worse: Trample Aesil's vegetables.

However, Junkiro had also noted a rather condescending attitude emanating from the two newcomers, Apex especially. Before he made any decisions, he approached the two calmly. "Please forgive Aesil's speech. She comes from...well, I don't think she's exactly the same as you and I. Something about her leads me to think her past may have been less than nice, ya know?" Junkiro nodded quietly after defending his hungry friend. Aesil certainly could not be considered a normal Champion, but she was still his friend, no matter how she spoke or acted.

With that out of the way, Junkiro turned to Kokusho. "Hey, Cookie, you can handle bringing 'em to Lady Hime, right? Kazuma might get lost on the way to the airship. Plus, I don't think he's been on any big missions yet, so I dunno if he'll be prepared in case stuff goes south. I'm gonna escort him, mmkay? I'll see ya later today!" He gave her a warm smile, then called out to the surrounding rooftops, where he had seen Aesil head in the direction of a couple minutes earlier.

"Hey Aesil! Kazuma and I are headin' back to the airship. We'd like your company if'n ya like, or you can keep Virod, Apex, and Cookie company. Up ta you!" Junkiro called out his invitation loudly, then began running off to chase Kazuma. He knew there was no reason to wait for Aesil to respond: If she were to go with him, she'd make her presence known in time. No sense in bugging her any more; he knew she was more about silence and stealth than letting her companions know where she was.

It took a while to catch up to the mech-suit warrior. They were nearing the wreckage by then, and he hopped in front of the boy, wearing a goofy grin. "Finally I caught up ta ya! Figured you'd need a lil' guide of the wreckage. I can give ya a hand, newbie!" Junkiro gave the boy a smirk, then laughed. "I was a newbie once too. A lot longer than you will be with that brain. I wasted my time wandering around for way too long. Anywho, I'm rambling...let's head out and have a look-see, shall we?" For the most part, the airship was deserted now, with a few stragglers here and there still looking up at the wreck. Now that Junkiro had time to just look at the thing, he had to admit it looked pretty cool. Maybe Kazuma would know what some of the doodads strewn about were?

Lyssa couldn't believe it. The peace they'd won had truly only lasted a mere six months before yet another threat emerged. An empire that was conquering every nation in sight? By the heavens, how bloody powerful were these Eudasti champions if their nation was assimilating countries so rapidly? And even though Efrida had ascended the throne, Drisbaine was still divided and weak. Goetia was practically crippled, and she'd be a fool to say there were no tensions between the other three factions that could be exploited by an invader.

Nevertheless, as Efrida commanded Lyssa and Kanade to find Lizbaine, Lyssa knelt and bowed her head in assent. The idea had merit: Lizbaine was arguably the best archer Aesil had. Since they had forewarning, perhaps they could thin the ranks of Eudasti's champions from the western walls. As Kanade rose, Lyssa did as well, starting to follow after the girl.

"Kanade..." Lyssa said uncertainly as they walked. "It's been one thing after another, hasn't it? First the Sentence, then the Goetia incident, Aesil running off, and now this. Seems we can't ever have a moment's peace."

...I'm going to die aren't I?

Vampires might be scary, and deadly. But as soon as the words vampires hit Halberd's ears... Aiden could sense his hatred. He wasn't even related to anything that has to do with vampires, he was legitimately scared for his life! God, he nearly had a heart attack. And now he was going to have to search for one of those bloodsucking zombies who has killed 45 people in the past few months alone, with a guy who would chop off his head if Aiden even LOOKED at her with anything other than total disgust.

Not to mention, he hasn't even SEEN combat. Aiden was suddenly remembering that old saying. Curiosity killed the cat. Well he could honestly tell you that there was no satisfaction to bring him back. He left to observe the ship crash. Not to slay the creatures of the night! Right now, he wished he never left the safety of his lab. But by God was he going to do this. He couldn't back out even if he wanted to. After all, Halberd here would slice off his head in a heartbeat for desertion! Aiden shuddered at the thought. Then came Halberd's plan. Burn the entire place down. It sounded like overkill to him. But he kept his mouth shut. First off, that guy is pissed right now, and he scary when he's pissed. Secondly... He was right... If the Guardians have dealt with vampires before, then why did it take them six months to find someone who as murdered 45 people... Who ever this Forbes was... She knew what she was doing...

"I think he's right about this one."

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Indeed she is a queer one," Virod said as Junkiro bolted away. He turned to Kokusho and pressed further. "Is it actually understood where she came from?" When the Palacian girl shrugged, Virod gestured further down the street and Kokusho led the troupe on. On occasion, the two foreigners looked up around the buildings, Apex in particular catching sight of the otherwise stealthily traveling girl above.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The grandiose Palace… palace came into view long before their journey ended, its elevated position peeking from atop the short skyline. Apex made a few comments on the eastern style of the borough, prompting Kokusho to detail some history on their ethnicities presence in the city.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Making it to the gates, Kokusho was easily let in and followed by the foreigners, while Aesil likely made it inside without anyone the wiser. The meeting was set up promptly, and for a few hours, the Second Wind duo were tucked away in the castle, undoubtedly recounting the important information they had to Aosoki Hime and Utashou.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kokusho wandered about the grounds during the time, unsure of whether her presence would be requested, given she was the one who brought Virod and Apex there. Hidden in the daylight shadows of the fortress grounds, Aesil went undisturbed as well, until a soft pat caught her attention. Landing behind her, Rasoba gave a brief bow on his knees before speaking in a familial tone.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It seems the shadows have charmed you," he grinned from behind a mask that obscured his nose and mouth, "Few of us ever return to the light's presence after receiving the darknesses boons, even in mundane life."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aesil blinked, her red eyes dulled in the darkness of the shadows of the fortress as her mentor appeared. Though the beast girl surpassed him in stealth, the masked man still had an uncanny ability to find her regardless of that superiority, and if it wasn't for how familiar she was with Rasoba now, it would have unnerved her. Turning back to the looming walls of the Palace, to the windows that carried voices and scents along with them, she replied plainly, "It fits better."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It would have been nice to just sneak into the chambers of the fortress and listen in on whatever the duo of foreigners were recounting, but for the time being, she would repress that curiosity. Not like knowledge was food.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm glad you could find your calling," Rasoba said, standing up, "It has been a long while since we've been on a mission together. I don't suppose you're hungry for another?" he plainly asked with a wink.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A mission? It had been some time since the two of them had done something together, and, all things considered, one of the benefits of those missions were that those targetted didn't require a proper burial…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ok," Aesil nodded, turning her gaze away from the greater happenings of Drisbane. "What is it?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A few of us have been peeking around the city's outskirts after our furthest scouts caught wind of an approaching group of foreigners. This isn't a sanctioned mission, by any means, but I believe it pertinent and wise to investigate them before they reach our city walls. Their appearance was supposedly… worrisome," Rasoba explained.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A group of foreigners? Aesil allowed herself a moment's worth of careful thinking, before making the connection. It was the Eudasti technicians, wasn't it? The ones that were hunting for the dragon and his companions. The ones that came from a foreign land.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Did foreigners taste different, compared to Drisbane meat?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That involuntary thought blossomed in her mind, before Aesil said, explaining, "The Eudasti technicians. The people who came in that fat red metal object were being hunted by them."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Inform Utashou?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rasoba shook his head, "I've already sent one of my fellows to Utashou to warn her. It's up to us now to make sure what's headed our way won't immediately become violent against us."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ok," Aesil nodded, her hands patting her body to confirm that all her tools were in place, "Lead the way, sensei."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was a bit happy about that rhyme, at how it reminded her of earlier days, before tucking a smile underneath her mask as she pulled it over her face. Swift as the wind, the two champions bolted off across the rooftops, largely unseen by the public below. Their skyline run ended when the rural portions of the city began. Over the wall, they took instead to running across fields of grass and produce. Leading the way Rasoba took Aesil to the more hilly outskirts of the city's view. For much of the trip, it was flat grasslands and the occasional grouping of trees. When the hills reached their feet, Rasoba began to slow, warning Aesil that he was unsure of their target's exact location.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"For now we only spectate. See if we can't glean some additional information on their demeanor and strength," he said, lifting a finger to his lips. As the two practically crawled over each hill, the sound of voices, faint and distant, eventually reached their ears. Climbing over the final peak, Rasoba and Aesil were given a wide view of the 'foreigners' that camped in the valley below. Of particular note, besides their heavily armored figures, great hulking beasts of metal stood idly in a row at one end of the makeshift camp, looking not unlike the ghostly samurai that they had fought months ago.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Great warriors of metal, just as I was told," Rasoba quietly said, "They don't seem to be here for complete peace." He pondered for a moment, realizing after several minutes of silence that the campsite offered little more information. They'd need to be closer to find more.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We need to get closer and listen in," he said, turning to Aesil, "Two of us is one too many for such a small camp," he suggested, eyeing Aesil.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was back to the countryside and back to a nostalgic territory. The sight of her first kills, and the sight of her freedom. Even now, Aesil could smell the blood, taste the stringy, skinny meats between her teeth, a phantasmal pleasure that ended when the camp of the Eudasti came into her vision.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They were camped in a valley, long shadows stretching down below. Each of them seemed to have a metal guardian the same size of Gurmal's monsters, but unlike the ghostly samurai that burned with arcane flames or the twin protectors who dashed her against the earth, these were dormant.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sleeping giants.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was no need for Rasoba's implications as the beast girl took a deep breath and began to approach, staying low and in the shadows as she began the descent.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If they were going to do what Gurmal planned, if Kaileb was somehow behind all this...then stealth mission or not, she'll kill them all.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As she approached closer and closer, the amount of cover soon became smaller and smaller, until the very tents and carriages that littered the grounds became her available shadows. From the sounds she heard and the boots she could see stepping about, Aesil guessed there were a few dozen individuals, plus the unseen souls she could nevertheless smell.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If they were citizens of Drisbane, perhaps Aesil would have killed one of them, stole their clothes, and then proceeded from there, but they weren't, and she didn't have much faith in her ability to deceive those who may hold unknown customs.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Silently sprinting from shadow to shadow, she moved through the camp, in search not for a leader, but for their source of water.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their numbers proved larger than what the ninja duo had observed from above the valley. If that was how it was, the least she could do was poison that water source and mess a few of them up.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was technically not what Rasoba asked for, but then again, this was an unsanctioned mission.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As her hunt continued on, however, it soon proved fruitless. These Eudasti technicians had no particular source of water outside of refillable moccasins, no doubt filled with water. While Aesil probably could have irritated a small amount of them by stealing those moccasins, in the end, it would have too little of an effect. On the other hand, her ventures to the carriages revealed that it was filled with rations, but not nearly enough to be considered a lot for a group of 40.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was very tempting though, to eat all those rations with a quick cast of a spell.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Suppressing her greedy hunger, she slid underneath one of those carriages, hanging onto the wooden frame and pressing her body against the underside of the vehicle, before closing her eyes and listening.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aesil caught the mundane exchange of the armored individuals about the camp, mostly picking up on unimportant discussions of life. Complaints, tales of friends and family, jokes… Eventually someone important seemed to approach the three individuals she was listening in on, commanding them to begin moving some ration crates back into the carriages. There was some shuffling around the carriage Aesil was hiding under, and as they moved the boxes onboard, the vehicle sunk further towards her, nearly touching her nose.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I keep telling the captain we can't just make ourselves big and scary from the get-go. We don't have enough here to last the trip back if we get turned away from the city outright, you know?" said one of the figures at the back of the carriage.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We've got to maintain a certain demeanor. The Empire demands it, lest we appear flimsy," another replied. In the distance, a shrill screech was heard like a beast of some sort. "Back with the pack, huh?" The individuals continued on with their lifting until the sound of fast, hard footsteps quickly approached.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Woah woah there! Keep those things… what?" Suddenly there was a furious sniffing at Aesil's side, and as she turned to see, found a lizard-like snout buried into the ground beneath her carriage. It dug into the dirt, as if trying to reach Aesil with its fanged jaws before retreating and screeching. The figures around her moved away from the back of the carriage and to its sides before leaning over and looking underneath.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Intruder!" one of them shouted, quickly unsheathing their sword. The campsite burst into activity, and soon there were far more than four figures standing around the carriage. "Show yourself! On your knees! Out!" they ordered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A shortcoming on her part, as beasts that she previously had not been aware of were brought back to camp, quickly sniffing her out. For a moment, she felt her heartbeat accelerate, her predatory instinct turning into one more akin to that of a trapped rat as the jaws of the raptor-bird snapped inches away from her fingers, before she calmed herself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What would be the most effective way of escaping from this situation? What would be the easiest way for her to get out of this situation?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What would provide her with the most food in her stomach?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aesil could feel her thoughts simplifying, her heartbeat slowing once more, regaining its regular tempo, as she let herself down into the ground once more. A male voice told her to reveal herself, and, with that, made it where they were. The heavier footsteps were those monsters, those lizard-birds that had sniffed her out, while the rush of lighter steps all about her were that of the other members of the camp. From above, Rasoba should be able to see the change in movements, and hopefully, she could count on her mentor's assistance in all this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For the time being though...she'll enjoy this. Jaws stretching and eyes flaring, she pushed out with her arcane magics, creating a magical array around the man that appeared to be the leader, setting it deep enough that even if she did not kill, the man and his beasts would fall into a pit. The dirt would be soft, and she should be able to eat it all in one quick bite. Take down a few of the other men as well, while giving her plenty of food to work with.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And then, like that, she bit down, consuming the entire area before rushing out from the side that she had just bitten. With a powerful leap, she kicked off the ledge of the pit, attempting to cross over to the other side and make good her escape. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whatever armor seemed to protect the figures did an unfortunately fantastic job of protecting them from Aesil's moon-biting, though many of them cried out as the impact struck their bodies. Even more yelled in surprise as the ground underneath them instantly disappeared, casting them down into the crater with a multitude of clanging.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aesil managed to leap over the chasm she created and darted off through the rest of the camp. The sound of swift and heavy feet followed close behind until a loud whistle halted their run. The bird-lizards stopped in the camp, allowing Aesil to run free.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The beast girl, despite how she successfully pulled off her daring escape, was equally irritated and surprised when nothing but dirt turned up in her bite. Somehow, all those guards were well-guarded enough that her fangs only glanced off them, while the raptor-birds were keen enough to dodge her initiating strike. It unnerved her as she gracefully scaled up the valley, making it back to Rasoba.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Spitting out the dirt after she grew tired of only eating that, Aesil began to run back to the walls of Drisbane, fully expecting the male ninja to follow.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roughly 40, low on food supplies," she said, before following up, "Saw what I did?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rasoba was crouched low, practically prone along the hill as he'd seemingly backed off from the visible side of the camp. His expression was dire, though he seemed more cautious than truly worried of being found atop the hill. He'd seen Aesil run away without being followed, undoubtedly deemed unworthy of the foreigner's approach. As she ran back home, he followed close behind.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Low on food huh? Could certainly grant us an advantage in diplomacy, should they arrive at our doors hoping for it." Rasoba gestured back to the cityscape beyond, "We should warn Utashou of their numbers and strength. What exactly did you see of their military equipment?" he asked Aesil[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Armor that I couldn't bite through, and lizard-beasts I couldn't hide from. Didn't see what their giants could do, but they don't move by themselves."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Some sort of animated armors then?" Rasoba contemplated, "Regardless of their nature, they seem formidable paired with their numbers. We should not doubt their strength."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Drakanael could beat them," Aesil muttered under her breath as she sailed through the wind. The enemy was formidable, but for the time being, she wasn't all too afraid of them. After all, there were only 40, and even if their lizard-birds could sense her presence, they could not. It was only a matter of making it into their armor, and from there on…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aesil smiled, a wide grin splitting her face, a facial contortion that Rasoba could not see.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her mentor could go explain things to Utashou. On the other hand, she had every intention of learning all about how to hunt these new prey from the resident foreigners resting in the Palace.[/BCOLOR]

Collab Asuras Jakers Bob

"I would normally say 'no' when it comes to burning houses down, but given its the abandoned district, I can't see anyone putting up a fuss, especially if," Mimo stressed 'if', "the manor is located deep in the area. If it's particularly close to other occupied areas, I'd think twice."

She tapped her forehead with her index finger and hummed. "But really," she said, "make sure you've got the right place before you decide to commit arson. It might mean peeking inside at the very least, or something of the sort."

"Mhm." Halberd mumbled. He shifted out of his chair and slung his runed axe over his shoulder. He wasn't just going to instantly burn the house, he'd make sure there wouldn't be any risks first. He wouldn't want to burn the whole city down. And it wasn't really arson. It was like smoking out rats. That Aiden kid looked scared for some reason, but Halberd ignored it. Probably anxious of his first job or something.

Halberd scratched a scar under his eye, before facing the door. He hovered his hand over the handle before looking over his shoulder to his warden.
"Anythin' else?" Halberd asked in his usual, rough voice. He paused. "If not, I'll... see you later, then."

"Of course Warden. We'll see what we can find before burning these places down." He looked at his superior standing up, rearing to go. "I guess it's time to go then. I bet he'd leave without me if I don't hurry."

Aiden followed behind his partner. Everything about him, the way he spoke, the air he had about himself, even the way he slung his axe on his shoulder, just showed his conviction. And it was intimidating. Aiden had spent his time on his own selfish wants, yet here Halberd was, working for the good of everyone, even if some thought otherwise. It was intimidating if not admirable. In any case, if Aiden wanted to live to see through his studies, he should probably learn more about vampires.

"So Halberd, since you've fought these things before, what should I do to keep my blood in one spot?"

"...Don't fall for their bullshit." Halberd replied flatly. There wasn't really a tactic to fighting vampires, as they varied. Some were strong little brutes, others you couldn't hit.
"They'll do anything to stay alive, keep that in mind. Other than that, throw everything you've got at them. You'll be fine." Halberd muttere-

"Much like us, vampire families themselves can have their champions and their mundane," said a voice approaching the two boys from the side. A red-haired girl dressed in the token clothing denoting a higher-ranked Guardian walked up to Halberd and Aiden before crossing her arms. "Whether or not we need to be dead serious and fearful or simply careful entirely rests on whether or not this Esterellia vampiress managed to procure herself some capable thralls. From what I gathered in the records, it doesn't seem to be the case, so we should be more than fine," she continued.

"Hallus Burgundy," she greeted with a nod, "and... Aiden?" The captain seemed less sure of the newer Guardian's name. Aiden didn't know her either, given his own captain was a different person. "Jivev Cardina. We'll be working together on this mission, as the Warden bade me. I presume you two are all caught up on the details and location?"

Aiden turned to see the red-haired officer. As he would expect, he had no idea who she was, but apparently, she's a captain, so she is of much higher ranking than him. Well, just about everyone is around here.

"As much as I could ever be, truth be told. I've never really done much more than arrest the occasional ne'er-do-well. I spend most of my time in the Goetia Library. This is actually my first real assignment, and I probably wouldn't have been assigned if I hadn't checked out the crash site earlier. So I guess I should be thankful to be paired with you two."

Halberd gave a brief nod in reply to his superior, privately wincing to himself at the way she talked. Too many complicated words. Jivev Cardina; he'd heard about this captain, although never met her in person. Halberd wasn't expecting to be under her order, but he was fine with it. The more experience the better.

After Aiden gave his little intro, it was just as Halberd expected. First assignment. It was a pretty big assignment for his first, especially for an apparent bookworm. ...Eh, he'd be fine. Halberd looked at Jivev.
"Yeah. We know the basic details, unless you've got anything else for us. Such as if the mansion will spread flames to other houses." Halberd said bluntly, adjusting his cap.

The captain rose her eyebrow at Halberd briefly before moving on. The trio of Guardians made naturally for the abandoned district, their unhurried pace seeming unbecoming of the dire situation at hand.

"I've long been involved in the war against vampiric presences in the city. I can say with confidence we'll be able to snuff this small-time group out in no time at all, so long as you guys don't make the rookie mistake of splitting up," Jivev said before stressing, "Stick together at all times. Hopefully we'll only be dealing with ghouls."

The buildings transitioned into dilapidated wrecks and Jivev raised a hand into the air. A small swirl of red energy collected at the back of her hand, and with a small chime, an illustrious insect appeared clinged to her hand. She repeated the same spell with her left hand, and the two large beetles took off into the air.

"An extra two eyes will help us in our search. They can go places where we can't," Jivev said, "For now, we continue our own search. I've got an intuition for these sorts of things..." she mentioned quietly before looking off down the street. Eventually she gestured onwards, and the trio walked further into the abandoned borough.

Jivev spoke up, "An effective team is a familiar team, as Tycen always says. So, what's your story?" she asked, turning to both of the men following.

Halberd tilted his head upwards, looking at Jivev when she asked what his 'story' was. His face shown discreet signs of discomfort; he wasn't sure how to answer this. The past was something he just needed to leave behind.

Nonetheless, Halberd gave a blunt reply.
"Sister was killed by bandits a few years ago. ...I killed them back. I realised this city needed help after that... so: Joined the Guardians, showed promise, now I'm here." Halberd said stiffly, although he seemed unstable, and there was clearly more to 'his story'.

He took a breath, before clutching the handle of his axe tighter, as if for comfort.

That woman's question almost made him lose it. Almost made him hear her again. Halberd tilted his head downwards again, clearly not interested in listening to anyone else's stories. He just wanted to get this done.

"Me personally, I'm a scholar of spatial magics. I used to actually be a member of the Goetia. However after they were no longer a major faction, I left to join the Guardians. I figured that you guys would give me a nice training regimen, seeing as how my studies are physically exhausting as well as mentally."

Unfortunately for his partners, they had just given him the perfect segue into what he actually was studying. He could easily go on for hours.

"You see, often times we only think about our own universe. However, for every possible choice that could have been made, a different one is born. Now what if we could go over there? We could-..."

-"Yeah. We get it." Halberd cut in. He didn't want to be an asshole, but the kid was going on a bit about some crazy-sounding shit.

"O-Oh yeah. Sorry about that. I uh... tend to get a little over zealous about that stuff... Long story short, I take materials from another universe to make stuff." He had mention something about what he did in his time. Couldn't just leave them hanging after all.

"Sounds dangerous," Jivev said passively, falling silent as it seemed apparent she wasn't inclined to uphold her end of the question and talk about herself. Their search continued on for at least another hour as they peered into the open or broken windows or old buildings until a buzzing flew up to Jivev. She stared into the returning bug's eyes as it looked up to her on her palm, as if exchanging silent words with one another.

"Seems we have a lead. A more well-kept building of large size a few streets away," she said, turning to Halberd and Aiden. "Far easier to find than any of the bigger houses. This vampiress, whoever she is, was not thinking twice when she decided to amass her own house."

The located house was certainly conspicuous. It's exterior, while nowhere near perfect, was a cut above the surrounding buildings in terms of cleanliness. Jivev almost frowned at how obvious it seemed to be, and why she hadn't come across it on her own. Once again summoning her beetle familiars, she sent them inside before approaching the door.

"Might as well get a quick look-see, yea?" she said.

"Mhm." Halberd grunted simply. He watched the beetles buzz into the house. Weird. But it worked, so sure. Halberd was expecting a trap to literally be on the front door of the home. Vampires were usually crafty little shits; honour was probably non-existent to them.

So here they were, after the hours of searching. The mansion of the murderer. The abandoned district reeked of death enough as it was. 45 deaths. To think that inside that building could be that scheming killer was enough to make Halberd feel sick.

Halberd shrugged the axe off his shoulder, gently touching the etched rune on the centre of the axe with two of his fingers. The blade of Retribution fluttered a sky-blue, and wind seemed to gently gust around the blade as the runes of the axe activated. Halberd dragged on the handle, holding the large axe one-handed to the side as his eyes remained glued on the door. As soon as it was clear, he was moving in.

Alright. I just have to keep my guard up. I've got The Forge on me, so that should alleviate some stress should I need to use it.

Aiden ran his fingers over the small metal orb he kept on his person. He focused on it, checking it's charge. All clear. Then he did a kind of warm up, crafting a tiny grain of sand for an instant, then letting it dissipate. Over, and over the small rock came and left. He needed to be ready at any moment. Whether he needed a weapon, a shield, hell even a watermelon might prove useful at some point. He'd never know unless he was prepared for anything. And considering how he was about to fight mystical creature of the night, it seemed the anything he needed to be prepared for was here.

With a push, Jivev threw the manor doors open, letting a beam of sunlight wash over the dusty floor inside. It was empty, and no giant wooden hammers fell onto her body, so that was a plus. "Keep your eyes open," she mumbled.

Stepping inside, she ensure the doors remain open, pressing them up against the wall as she moved aside to let the other two in. "If we find any signs of vampires, we burn the place to the ground, yea?" she smiled. The trio moved further inside, their footsteps on the wooden floorboards painfully loud amidst the silent, gloomy air. They took careful, methodic steps about the place, more often than not casting theirs gazes to scan the floor for traps. Fortunately, at least thus far, it had appeared the place wasn't rigged with boobytraps. It certainly seemed more like an abode for vampires than a place to ensnare victims.

"I say we stick to this floor for now," Jivev suggested, stepping towards a hall on the right of the foyer. With a careful slide, she unsheathed her saber and gripped it tightly as she made her way further into the manor's depths.

Halberd nodded, and began to press on through the corridors carefully. For someone of his lumbering figure, his footsteps were surprisingly delicate. Knowing his eyesight wasn't anything special, he let the others walk ahead of him, although his grey-blue eyes were focused and cold as they surveyed the corridors.
"What a shithole." Halberd muttered under his breath.

As he walked, Halberd was quietly pouring a trail of alcohol from his left hand as he walked. If shit appeared behind them, it'd only take one match, but he'd make sure there was an escape route from them first.

The air felt stagnant to him. It was musty. Who knows how old this place was! "How the hell has this place remained standing for so long? You'd think the whole thing would have collapsed on itself by now." Aiden gripped his mace. He lacked much of the experience of his partners. As such, he had to try to try very hard just to keep his footsteps light. It didn't matter though, each step reverberated across the chamber. It was almost deafening in the dead silemce of the building.

What ever focus he could spare was spent on the busts lined up across the walls. Many were cracked and broken. It was strange seeing those who once lived here. But as he inspected it further, he noticed something. The building is old and broken, but someone was definetly cleaning it up. There were no shards of stone as you'd expect. It was relatively clear of debris, save the dust and cobwebs. "It definitely seems like something has been here at least..."

"Precisely because someone's been here is the reason it's stood for so long," Jivev said before smiling, "It seemed almost too easy to find." The halls were long and the doors numerous. Jivev found herself looking to each one as it passed by, as if one would eventually be found open. "I almost dare not open one of these myself, lest it creak obscenely," she said. Suddenly, she stopped in place, eyes forward. She extended a hand to her side, palm facing towards the two men, urging them to stop as well.

She did not move for a moment, looking down the hall, though nothing seemed to be there. "Prepare yourselves," she whispered. There was a dull series of thuds beinhd them. And as they turned to meet the source, found themselves faced with a group of stumbling and lethargic entities.

Ghouls. The result of a vampire's purposeful bite to raise dim-witted servants. "Don't let them grab hold. Their strength will surprise you," Jivev said, raising her saber upwards.

Pocketing the bottle, Halberd readied his axe in near an instant when he heard the pattering of footsteps behind him. His eyes narrowed as he watched the ghouls approach.
"Poor bastards." He growled. Shifting his grip, Halberd readied Retribution as the mindless monsters approached.

Seeing the sunken faces of his citizens, turned into worthless zombie-like beings infuriated the Guardian. He'd free them from this fate worse than death... then, he was going to find the piece of shit who did this.

Halberd waited as the things approached, his muscles tensing as he readied a brutal swing. The rune on his axe hummed and crackled with energy, and as the four ghouls prepared to descend onto Halberd, he let forth a roar and a slash that made wind scream through the air.

Halberd's axe cleaved through the huddled group of moaning ghouls, splitting their bodies in two as the blade passed from one wall of the hall to the other. Their path cleared of obstructions, Jivev shouted to leave the house immediately, back in the direction they had just come.

"That's evidence enough for me!" she half chuckled. Making their way back to the foyer, they stopped in their tracks at the forefront of the hallway. Clamoring in the manor's entrance, a seemingly insurmountable wave of even more ghouls blocked their path.

"Tch. Figures," Jivev said, "We need to carve a path to the entrance, and light this place ablaze! Hurry! Before and vampires follow in these ghoul's wake!" With a shout, she dashed forward, swinging her saber through the air at head-level. Despite the apparent fragility of the thin blade, it managed to slice through two necks in a single blow.

Oh God, they looked disgusting. How could anything stand living with something like that around them constantly! He didn't care if they would obey his every beck and call, he would want them gone immediately. I any case, leaving before the vampire arrived definitely seemed to be the best idea. Aiden didn't want to become... whatever those things were. There were quite a few of them. His mace alone probably wouldn't guarantee even one kill. He needed to be more certain that some would die, or at least clear some space.

Focusing his own energy into his magic, he brought forth a handaxe, hurling it into the mass of soulless beings that stood before him. The axe embedded right into the chest of a ghoul, staggering it but failing to fully put it down. It's approach slowed massively however, as it was seemingly gravely injured despite being a mindless zombie.

The encircling mob made it into arm's length ofthe group, reaching out with moans to grasp at their clothing. Mere steps backwards afforded the three Guardians to avoid being claimed by the wall of undead, however. They were running out of places to retreat to.

This place needed to burn. Who knew how many more of these things there were? Not even Halberd's axe could cut through all of these bastards at once.

"I'll cut a path! Jivev, find us a route out of here - this place is burning to the fucking ground!" Halberd grunted through gritted teeth. Halberd lifted his axe, breathing heavily. He needed to put all his effort into a swing again, even if it took great effort. He nor his comrades were going to die here.

Jivev nodded and turned back to the hallway. Surely one of the doors on the right side would lead into a room with barred windows to the outside. They could slip through there rather than fight their way through a mob of ghouls.

Halberd aimed another swing where the wall of ghouls seemed weakest, hoping his allies would cover his flanks. An almost animalistic growl of determination passed through Halberd's teeth as he followed through on the swing.

With the indescernible number of zombies before him, it was difficult to understand just exactly how many he had culled, and in what manner. All that Halberd knew was that a rain of dusty ichor and limbs meant his vicious strike had done quite a bit of damage. Many of them had fallen to the ground, either incapacitated or released from their curse. Their 'comrades' clamored over their bodies, uncaring of what lied in their path.

Meanwhile, Jivev had already kicked open the door to a room nearest her and stepped inside. Cupping her hands together, she whispered something into them before a small light began to glow within. Pushing them forward, she released a tiny firefly towards the other end of the room. Jarringly, she sprinted out of the room, practically diving back into the hallway.

An explosion rocked the manor, blasting dust and debris through the open door and into the hallway. Light poured into the room with one less wall.

"Outside now!" Jivev shouted.

The explosion caught him off guard. Just what the hell did she do? What the hell could she do? In any case they needed to get away, and Halberd was held up by the ghouls. However, after his must recent attack, he had some room to breath, but not for long.

"Halberd, this is going to confuse the hell out of you."

That's not where Aiden wanted him. So all he had to do was rewrite reality. Simple. His magic began shifting the world around him, as he rewrote his partner's location.

"Let's go!" Aiden rushed for the exit Jivev blew open. He was tired after that last trick though. The sooner he was outside, the sooner he would be able to catch his breath

Halberd looked around him dazedly for a moment, feeling somewhat sick to his stomach as he position was changed by Aiden. Coated in dust and stale blood, Halberd spat on the ground, before realising he was a lot closer to where Jivev wanted them to go. Huh... not bad.

As he dashed for the newly-made exit, Halberd pulled a bottle from his coat, and threw the whole thing onto the ground. He withdrew a match, striked it, and held the small flame in his hand for a brief moment.

Time to rid the world of this place. And to free his tortured people.

Halberd threw the flame, before spinning around and rushing for the exit; dust and blood blurred his vision. The sound of a small ember crackled to life behind Halberd as he made for the door. Jivev stood at within the hole in the room, awaiting Aiden and Halberd to make it past her. Looking back, she took note of the fire Halberd had started. She glared at it before mumbling.

"Not big enough." Cupping her hands again, this time she drew them away, spawning numerous similarly glowing bugs from her palms, creating a cloud of flying insects. The swarm flew back into the home, weaving through the crowd of ghouls that hard turned around the corner to meet their gaze. Within the hallway, the swarm dispersed like a grenade, striking into the surrounding walls. Each of their bodies burst into flame on contact, lightning the building aflame as easily as they burned the ghouls inside. Nodding in approval, Jivev followed behind Halberd and Aiden with a grin.

"That should do it. I can only hope we managed to catch a few of the vampiresses cohorts inside, and they don't notice until it's all too late," she said. She glanced back at the developing fire. "Shall we head back to base?"

"I am in absolute agreement there. This fire will probably catch someone's attention. And if they're hanging around here, then I want nothing to do with them." Well today was a day. This is probably the most excitement he has had in a while. Hell it was the first time he had left the lab in a while. It was... odd... The rush felt good. His adrenaline was pumping. That strange mixture of excitement and fear, all of it was something he hadn't experienced before. And yet, he hadn't done much to help. He might have aided Halberd in the escape, but, let's face it, he would have made it out himself. Jivev had killed those two with her sword, and then she had ignited the whole building, not to mention the escape route, and if it hadn't been for Halberd, they would have been overrun! They probably could have done this without him...

No... He wouldn't let that happen. More training, more research, more experimentation. He needed to do more. He could do more, and if it meant being able to pull something like this again, he would do more.

Halberd stared at the mansion, watching it's development into a smouldering ruin for a moment. He adjusted his cap.

"Drinks are on me."

A little content was in his voice as he watched the place burn for a moment. He would've liked to stay around and ambush any vampires that came to check the fire out, but they were only three in the end. Filth covered the axe-wielding guardian, and even Halberd regarded bathing desirable at this point.

Regardless, it was a successful day. He was alive, tortured souls were freed, and now the Guardians had pissed on whatever bonfire this vampiress was tending to. But she was still alive. That, in time, would be fixed. He'd never forget what she'd done here. Those lifeless eyes...

Halberd turned, and followed his comrades.

Last edited:
Aesil Group Collab

Retrospectively, allowing Efrida to decide on their third partner was probably a bad idea. Lyssa and Kanade's trip to the city walls, accompanied by Lizbaine, could have been more pleasant. The western girl was complainative, having apparently been roused from sleep mere minutes prior to their meeting with her. Out of the three, Lizbaine seemed the least enthused to be keeping watch over a potentially antagonistic foreign force approaching their homes.

Lizbaine yawned and scratched her neck as she looked to the sky, eyes drooping with tiredness. The three Aesil champions stood at the height of a dilapidated wall, far out into the farmlands. It was believed these 'Eudasti' forces would arrive from the northern corners of Drisbane, and rather than await for them to reach their very walls, they had ventured further out to meet them a mile or two prior.

"What can three of us even do against someone intent on attacking? Ask for a password?" Lizbaine groaned. She slumped on the cobblestone railing, gaze turned away from the road they were meant to be watching. "And what did she choose me for? She want me to nail one of them with an arrow before they even get close? We're supposed to be meeting them peacefully! What can I fire at when they're two feet in front of us?!"

"Considering they've been conquering every other state they've come across, I'd rather not meet them in peace." Lyssa growled as she watched the horizon, looking displeased at Lizbaine's attitude.. "The more of their champions that die here, the less they have to use against us later."

"As far as I remember, we were asked to keep watch for them, but didn't have any actual instructions beyond that, when it came to dealing with them," Kanade added. "I can certainly try to provide a distraction if some army does show up, at least." One way or another, she was going to have that impromptu concert, even if being further from Drisbane had robbed her of her original intended audience. "As for you," she suggested to Lizbaine, "if I were a sniper, I'd hide further out and see if there were an obvious commander to pick off."

Lizbaine picked herself up hurriedly and beamed at Kanade, "Great idea! Since we're so isolated, they'll just think your performance is just a really strange manner of greeting in our city!" Her hand moved behind and stroked the slung bow she had on her back. "As much as I love loosing arrows into some targets, I'm not sure we're here to ensure that an international war is started," she said, "Do we really want to be the first to attack?"

"Do we want to be the first to be attacked?" Lyssa retorted, still looking displeased. "We can focus on surviving these people first before we worry about what it looks like to the rest of the world." Lizbaine sighed and shook her head.

"So shoot first, worry about the cataclysmic consequences later?" she asked.

"It couldn't hurt to wait and see," Kanade interjected. "I doubt we're going to have a peaceful solution, overall, but it might not hurt to at least give a chance for diplomacy. Once we have an ambush ready, it can be sprung any time anyway."

"Fine." Lyssa said tersely. "Kanade and I will meet with their representatives. Lizbaine, you can stay hidden until one of us gives a signal." She said, looking resigned.

"Speaking of…" Lizbaine said, turning to the road beyond. From between the trees that sat at the bottom of two surrounding hillsides, a group of individuals appeared. There were a few dozen of them, each one clad in a whitish, uniform set of armor. A few carriages followed within, and at the back…

"What in the world?" Lizbaine gawked. At the very back of the approaching forces, a pair of massive suits of armor like giant knights kept pace, each at least three stories high.

"...Fuck." Lyssa swore as she gazed upon the titans that made up their rear guard. Lizbaine probably couldn't headshot those. Hell, she didn't want to go up against one of those things, even with reinforcements on her side. "A show of force, then."

"Hopefully," Lizbaine replied.

"That changes a few things," Kanade added, just as in awe of these mysterious giants as the other two. Still, she got her game face on, psyching herself up as if she were about to address a group of screaming fans. The march of foreigners and their two armored giants continued on until they were but yards from their position. Given they hadn't suddenly pulled out their swords or unleashed some blast of magic at them, Lizbaine figured they weren't inclined to fight. Still, she kept crouched behind the stone railing at the top of the wall, peering over it like a curious child. "I hope your singing can soothe a giant," Lizbaine laughed, glancing over at Kanade.

Taking this as her cue, Kanade started singing. While she'd usually preface a performance with some amount of working the crowd, the lone siren approach seemed better than jumping out and surprising an advancing military column by loudly announcing her presence. She went with one of her more energetic songs, hoping to get some attention and lure in the curious with her energy.

Kanade's singing was met with a complete halt in the troops movements. A caped knight at the front of the march rose a hand to stop those behind him. More than a few of the foreigners lifted their helmets to get a better look at the girl, smiles pervading their faces. A bit of chatter filled their ranks as they gestured and pointed to Kanade.

Amidst her far-reaching voice, the leader at the front spoke out. "Hail, siren," he said with a wave. Waiting for her to stop, he walked a few steps closer to the wall, hands rested on his belt. Immediately clear was the accent in his voice, quite unlike anything they'd heard before. Still, he could be understood well enough.

Kanade waved to the man, making it clear she had heard him, but she didn't actually speak until she finished her song and dance. "Hello there," she shouted down from the wall, cheerful and energetic as ever.

Lyssa kept her face impassive, despite enjoying Kanade's performance. Instead, she drew her sword and kept it pointed at the ground, shouting down stoically at the foreign delegation.

"You stand before the gates of Drisbaine. State your intentions."

Despite Lyssa's aggressive greeting, the captain seemed just as cool as during his march. "We come searching for vagrants and criminals. Enemies to our empire," he said, sounding almost practiced, "They fly in an airship, which we believe to have crashed nearby. Our presence here in Drisbane is solely to recover these criminals and bring them into our custody."

Lyssa glanced askance at Kanade, raising an eyebrow. This almost seemed too easy. They simply had to hand over the foreigners to make the Eudasti leave? Even if it only bought them a little time to prepare for an incoming invasion if the refugees were telling the truth, that was better than nothing. "Do you think we should let a messenger in? Not the whole delegation, but just their leader?" She whispered furtively.

"It's not a bad idea," Kanade replied in a similar hushed tone. "We can get their side of the story that way."

The captain spoke again during their quiet exchange, bowing his respectively as he did so. "If we or a few may be let in to speak with your Lord Aesil, we can more quickly leave your peaceful city."

Lyssa glanced down at the captain, nodding her assent. "You may enter with one escort, if you deign it necessary. Do note that said escort must be able to fit in some rather narrow streets, though." She said, glancing pointedly at the massive armored knights in the back of the delegation.

Bowing his head again, the captain signalled his agreement before glancing back and gesturing to three individuals standing just behind. "I will bring along but three of my comrades. Perhaps you may show us the way?" Lizbaine stood up quickly and spoke suddenly.

"I can bring you to the Queen myself!" she said eagerly. With a two-finger salute to Kanade and Lyssa, she dove down to the grass below. "You two keep an eye on these fellows. Make sure they don't go anywhere!" Approaching the captain, Lizbaine gave her own bow before gesturing towards the city.
It didn't take long for the prospect of being bored whilst watching some foreigners wait around to be shattered, however, as a few of them approached Kanade and Lyssa almost timidly.

"Oi," one of them opened up with, "You two look like strong enough folks. What's this city like? Who's strongest?" A few of his buddies laughed under their breath, before one boldly shouted up to Lyssa. "How about a spar to pass the time!"

Kanade speaks up, although she doesn't exactly give the soldiers any straight answers. "I don't know anywhere to compare the city to," she shouted back to them, before jumping off the wall to float gracefully to the ground, so she could hold an easier conversation. It was a risk, perhaps, but she could just as easily get back up. "I don't know anything about strength. I'm the city's idol, that's all." Not exactly true, but they didn't know any better.

Lyssa glanced down at the one that requested a spar, shrugging. "Sorry, but I'm on duty. Plus, can't exactly have your captain come back to us beating each other half to death, now can we?"

"It shouldn't take that long to beat a backwater girl down," another knight said, nudging his friends as they burst out in light laughter.

"Yes, that's the only way you can get a girl to spend time with you, isn't it?" Lyssa shot back cooly, not budging from her position. Her own insult was met with a chorus of surprise and shaking one another.

"Look. If we wanted to waste you two and charge towards the city, we could do it. What's avoiding a friendly fight going to do to change that?" one of them said.

Lyssa sighed, picking her sword up and starting to walk down towards the ground. "Fine, fine. If it'll keep you quiet. Let's get on with it."

Kanade hung back, staying out of things for now, but she was already beginning to cheer Lyssa on. Rolling his shoulders, one the knights seemed ready to fight Lyssa, despite not being the one that had issued the spar. Stepping forward, he unsheathed his sword and flourished it once in his hand.

"I'll let you be the judge of the winner," he said to Lyssa, clearly confident.

Lyssa shrugged, brandishing her sword without a care as she took a ready stance. Golden light gathered around her before wings burst forth from her back in a show of intimidation. Touching down on the ground, Lyssa gestured at the knight. "Come on if you think you're hard enough."

The knight smirked before taking a quick series of steps forward, striking outwards with the tip of his sword towards Lyssa's chestpiece.

Lyssa contemptuously sidestepped the swing before retaliating, lashing out with her own blade in a two-handed cleave. It was expected that the knight would seem surprised as a blade passed by his body, but to Lyssa, he seemed far more surprised than normal. He seemed… stunned, almost speechless. The knight dodged the cleave, but did not continue with another strike himself. Instead, he dashed backwards and seemed suddenly angered.

His comrades too, having gathered around the spar, unsheathed their weapons as well. "You! That sword!" he shouted.

Nonplussed at the knight's actions, Lyssa stopped in her tracks, bringing her blade up in a defensive stance as she backed up towards the gate. "Me." She said calmly. "This sword that randomly fell from the sky one day. What's so special about it?"

"Fell from the sky! Impossible!" he said. They seemed poised to attack, some of them slowly inching closer to Lyssa. "You couldn't possibly be ignorant to its identity. Where did you get it?!" he demanded, apparently unconvinced.

"You know you just called me a backwater, right? How am I supposed to know about something that's apparently important to your people?" Lyssa scoffed, looking annoyed. "And I told you: it fell out of the bloody sky six months ago. Burned everyone that tried to grab it except me. Is that supposed to mean something to you?"

One of them narrowed his eyes before reconsidering. "What do you want for it? Money?" they asked, lowering their weapon. "How much do you want for it?"

"Do you mind telling me why this is important to you first? I rather don't appreciate having swords drawn on me just because I have a shiny weapon." Lyssa said coldly as she was desperately hoping for a way out from Kanade.

Kanade had drawn her own weapon when the soldiers did, and stepped up to back up her friend. "I can back up pretty much everything she's said, but I don't think you're going to just make a deal here when you've clearly got all the information. No sense in her selling or giving away something when she doesn't even know how valuable it is." She shrugged. "Or, you know, maybe it'll just burn you if you try to take it."

One of the knights lowered his weapon and turned to the others, who, in turn, seemingly lost interest in attacking Lyssa. They were unwilling to reveal the information they had as they turned and dispersed back to their original positions. The knight she was fighting, too, seemed uninclined to continue the spar. He cast an uneasy glance at Kanade and Lyssa before sheathing his sword.

"Perhaps you're not so backwater," he mumbled. Turning away, he whispered to himself. "Not for long anyways."

Kanade shared a glance with Lyssa. "Well...that's news."

Lyssa simply scowled as she sheathed her sword, ascending back up atop the gate. "Perhaps you'd be willing to tell me why my sword's so important now." She called down before returning Kanade's glance. What the hell had she gotten into this time?

Kanade sheathed her own sword, and remained at the base of the wall with the soldiers. "Well, hopefully you don't mind a different kind of diversion. I've still got more songs." She started her next song, doing what she could to keep the soldiers entertained while they waited.

Overdue Palace collab time!​

Kazuma and Junkiro stood before the hulking wreckage, reasonably intact. Their only known way in was through the hole that Apex and Virod had come out of, and so they started there. The smoke had since vacated the area, though it was likely a great deal of the rest of the ship was still contaminated by it.

The interior was dark, but nothing they couldn't navigate through. From the outside, the two Palacians could see a number of windows along the hull, most of them shattered from the impact. There would be light inside, so long as they remained towards the exterior.

The place was relatively dark, dank, and just a bit destroyed-looking. Still, from what he could see, the place was a wonder of metallics and gadgets. Junkiro glanced about the airship, now cleared of whatever smoke that was causing the Second Winders trouble earlier. Could there be anything else in here?

"Ey, Kazzy. You oughta invent some sorta machine that makes things brighter. That'd make so much sense! Like, you could see stuff without a torch! New project when we get back, eh?" Junkiro nudged the exoskeleton of the engineer, a playful smirk on his face.

Kazuma smirked a bit, wondering how he'd achieve light without a flame. He was sure he could figure it out, he'd just need time. But, that would have to wait. There was so much new technology in front of him, and he couldn't wait to get his hands on it. For all they knew, there was an invention like the one Junkiro spoke of inside the smoking hull.

"Yeah, maybe I'll work on something like that when we get back. Or there could be something like that in there. All we have to do is go find it. Let's go."

The interior was dim, and a bit of smoke clung to the ceiling as it attempted to find a way out of the ship. Pipes ran along the walls, and Kazuma and Junkiro's steps rang out on the steel mesh floor. Along the way, countless objects stuck out, though the lack of familiarity with them warded either boy from trying to see what they did when touched. Gods only knew if one of them was, indeed, a self destruct switch.

Kazuma couldn't help but analyze each protrusion from the walls, wondering what each did. He dared not touch it, but he had to stop for ust a moment and analyze each one. He was confident that none were "self destruct switches," as having one would make no sense, but in the disarray that the ship was in, flipping a switch could activate a system that would then catastrophically fail. Worst case scenario, the failure creates a massive explosion, destroying the pair along with the ship. Best case scenario, the system destroys itself and Kazuma doesn't get to look at it. Either way, Kazuma was touching nothing yet.

"I wish I had a bit more knowledge about this craft. I would love to not have to fear messing with some of these."

"I'd like to see better!" Junkiro complained as he surveyed the metallic walls. All sorts of doodads jutted out in odd positions...what in the world were these things? How did this convoluted contraption even fly? Two questions Junkiro had no answer to. As they slowly made the rounds of the metallic behemoth, he only understood better and better just how confusing and complex this airship thing really was; it kind of made Kazuma's mech suit look like a toy.

"So...want to play the Pull The Lever game, Kazzy? You go first." Junkiro attempted to lighten the mood, as the dim, smoky atmosphere was beginning to give him chills.

Kazuma shot him a momentary glare before turning back to the lever in front of him. He was not frightened by the place as Junkiro seemed to be. Two champions were likely more than enough to handle whatever the ship could throw at them. Besides, a little challenge would let him test the capabilities of his suit in a real life combat scenario. He needed to truly learn what his limits were. But, his suit's limits were far from his mind as he explored the ship.

"How did they get this thing off the ground?" Kazuma mused, more to himself than to Junkiro. "The entire thing seems to be made of steel, which seems too heavy to get off the ground. I assumed they would have some sort of synthetic material that we have yet to discover, but the fact that it's steel is astounding. The amount of force it must generate to maintain distance from the ground must be incredibe!"

The two came upon a turn in the hall, leading to a large, donut-shaped room. The sheer size of it compared to the narrow hallways was jarring, almost stunning. A path ran along the edge of the room, encircling an hourglass of steel panels at the center. The place was brightly lit, illuminating the entirety of its interior. A catwalk extended towards the center of the room with an array of buttons at the end. The hourglass at the center seemed to rumble on occassion, as if being shaken from the inside.

Now things were getting interesting. It looked like they had reached a control room of some sort; at any rate, it looked super important. Junkiro causually tossed an "Echo!" down into the room's metallic depths, pleased to hear his word come reverberating back to him multiple times over. "Big empty room 'cept for the center, huh? Looks like it's still runnin', too. But if it's still in working order....then why can' they just get back up and fly again? Something's broken 'bout this room...think ya can sniff it out, Kazzy?" Though he was no mechanic, weren't devices not supposed to move by themselves? Then what was up with that hourglass thing?

Kazuma was too enraptured by the machines before him to care about the shout down the large room. Although, his fellow Palacian had a good point about the controls seeming intact. From this room, it all looked fully operational. But, this might not be the cause of the issues. The engines could be severely damaged, or the hull in such disrepair that the ship was unable to fly. There could be issues with any number of things, even something as simple as faulty wiring. But that still let the question of if the ship was actually broken. Which, Kazuma assumed it was. It crashed into the ground pretty hard, and he failed to beleve that the foreigners would do such a thing on purpose. Either way, he wanted to look at the controls.

"Let's check it out." Kazuma said to his fellow champion as he began to move across the catwalk towards the controls nestled in the center of the large room. As they trekked across the catwalk, a series of dull lights began to shine beneath their feet. Thin, glowing lines spread across the width of the walkway terminated at each end with circular orbs buried into the steel. It lit the walkway before them, despite there already being enough illumination in the spacious room already.

As they came closer to the center, a series of three tubular mechanisms became apparent high above, otherwise obscured by a series of steel plates nearby. They pointed inwards towards the center hourglass structure, and occasionally sparked with electricity at their tips.

Junkiro, easily impressed by technology, jumped when the floor seemed to light itself up in a manner he was not expecting. "Speak of the devil, self-lightin' lights....do me a favor and steal one, that'd be awesome back home!" Junkiro laughed at his bad joke, then proceeded down the catwalk, inspecting all the various gizmos and gadgets adorning the area. It certainly put things in perspective; he did not belong here at all. But he ought to at least have a little fun...right?

After a little inspection, he found a large panel of various levers, switches, and buttons-the control panel. Taking a breath, he looked back at his fellow Champion, a playful smirk on his face. "If you think you can tell me I'm gonna be here and NOT push a button....." His famous last words uttered, he closed his eyes, circled his finger in the air, and jabbed once, randomly at the controls.

In their short trip inside the airship, Kazuma had perfected the art of ignoring Junkiro's comments. While the more exuberant champion raced towards the controls, Kazuma knelt down to examine the lights in the foor, particularly the luminescent orbs at the ends of the glowing lines. What had turned them on? Were they powered by some sort of magic? Was there some sort of device on the inside that was causing them to light up, or was it some sort of stone that lit up when stimulated by a certain kind of magic? He was genuinely fascinated by the simple little glowing ball.

By the time he pulled himself away from the lights, Junkiro had found the control panel. Oh no. Oh no. No no no no no! Kazuma shouted for him to stop, but it was too late. He had already jabbed blindly at the panel, his finger pressing one of the buttons. Kazuma cringed and prepared himself for the ship to spontaneously erupt into flame or something of the sorts.

Instead of an apocalyptic explosion, Kazuma was met instead with a whirring as the hourglass at the center began to stir. The steel plating folded into itself, slowly sliding away to reveal a large glass tube within. Most peculiar, however, was what in turn inside the glass itself.

A black smoke permeated the interior of the tank, and it moved about. The smoke literally slammed up against the glass from inside, rumbling it but failing to make even the tiniest crack. When the steel had fully peeled away, the smoke paused for a moment before sprouting a head and face. The sinister visage looked down at Kazuma and Junkiro, its mouth bent into an angular smile.

"You two. Humans. You are not the sailors. Who are you?" it asked, vocie like crackling electricity.

Kazuma's jaw just about hit the ground as he gazed up at the sentient smoke cloud. What was this thing? Was it possibly the source of the magic that ran the ship? Assuming it was run on magic of course. The aetherial form surely intimidated Kazuma. The crackling voice was something he hadn't heard before, and its strangeness made Kazuma both curious and terrified. Then again, Kazuma was curious about most everything on the ship, so that wasn't really a surprise. Either way, Kazuma found himself too terrified to speak.

Junkiro knew something would happen, but this was about as far from what he had anticipated. So that smoke from earlier....could that have had something to do with this...thing? Junkiro, a bit more experienced than Kazuma, maintained his composure as the black mass took shape, and he did not quail as the thundercloud spoke in a crackling voice. It was....fascinating. New and threatening, yes, but yet another strange wonder the Secondwinders had brought over to them.

"Well...it's a bit of a tough situation to handle. I'm not sure how much you know, but...your ship crashed in our homeland, so we escorted them to our leader for the time being to figure out the details of what happened...we're just surveying the scene, is all. My name is Junkiro....an' my mechanized buddy is Kazuma. Would you happen to have a name yourself?" Junkiro may have a bit of a playful, carefree attitude, but he had learned that business was no time to be playing around. Especially when a thundercloud was talking to you.

The thundercloud was quiet for a second, floating in his tank before speaking up again, suddenly boisterous. "Ah those assholes! They were supposed to come and get me when we landed! The cowards left the ship without me! I've been stuck in here for hours. Where are they?!" The cloud was seemingly so angered over his comrades' abandoment, he neglected to reply with his own name.

Interesting. Much like Apex, it seemed the initially strange and different being had a rather human personality. It even seemed to understand and despise abandonment...Junkiro briefly wondered what lifeform he could even be speaking to that took the shape of a thundercloud and spoke like it were throwing lightning. Best to keep this guy under control for the time being. "Was there anybody in particular you were looking for? The group split up amongst our factions (and he immediately regretted saying that word), but I don't know who went where. The two I know are Apex and Virod...we could show you to them, if they're who you are looking for..."

Kazuma gradually got over the terror of the moment when the thundercloud adopted a more human tone and personality. Knowing that it held human emotions made it much less difficult to comprehend. This being was an surely some sort of power for the ship. Kazuma could think of no other reason for its existence aboard the vessel. If it was there to defend the ship, it wouldn't be put in a cage. If it were there as one of the crew, it wouldn't be in a cage either. The only reason it would be in a cage other than acting as a power source were if it were a prisoner. For some reason, Kazuma found it hard to believe that one could imprison a cloud. So, it must've been here voluntarily.

"Him! I'll give him a piece of my mind! The both of them!" the cloud said, "Take me to whichever. They'll feel my wrath enough that they all know my anger!" The cloud rumbled in the tank, electricity crackling against the interior. "You've gotta get me out. That larger lever there. Take me to them and I'll ensure any enemy you ever have is smitten where they stand, for life! I am a thundercloud elemental, after all. I can do that sort of thing," it explained.

Kazuma admired the power held by the elemental, but was cautious of it as well. The ability to obliterate any enemy could just as easily be turned against Palace as it could towards their enemies. However, the thundercloud elemental would have reason to be grateful to Palace for freeing it. So long as no one angered it, it had no reason to attack Palace. Then again, it seemed like it was very easily angered, which was bad for obvious reasons. Junkiro seemed to be handling himself well in the discussion, so Kazuma decidede to stand back and let the man speak with the massive cloud of impending death.

Hmm....this behemoth appeared to want to...give Apex and Virod a piece of its mind? Somehow, Jun wasn't buying it. This being had already proven itself to seem vengeful and easily angered...Junkiro wondered if it would stop at just 'talking' to the newcomers. Not to mention...something else was bugging him. Two things, actually. He had heard a promise of good things in exchange for services provided once...and had nearly been labeled a traitor. This seemed oddly familiar....

"Let me ask you a few questions first, Mr...um...Thunderhead. I'd like to know why you're in this hourglass. Are you powering this ship right now? Or does this...serve a different purpose? It looks awfully indestructable, and you were trying really hard to just up and break it..."

"First of all, my name is Zikix, secondly, I was powering the ship, until it crashed!" The cloud looked upwards, "See those sparking things up there? Normally I'd be channeling into those through this tube, but they must have been put out of alignment during the crash. So now the ship is without power, though it doesn't matter anymore! It's supposed to be indestructible to prevent the damn thing from melting from my lightning strikes! That's what powers the ship! But now they left me in here, so I can't get out! Damn humans, thinking that just because I'm an elemental I can wait indefinitely!"

Indestructible. They were supposed to be indestructible. Kazuma looked longingly at the tubes above his head. He wanted to take them apart and find out why they could be called indestructible. The rest of the elemental's talk fell on deaf ears. Indestructible material. What was it? How could Kazuma make it? Could he impliment it into his suit somehow? He realized that this wasn't the most productive questions to be asking at the moment, and that he should be paying attention to the cloud, but the idea of an indestructible material was just too tempting.

Junkiro's brow furrowed in thought as he watched the rapidly angering elemental spout at Junkiro's accusations. It almost sounded like he were trying to turn the situation around...he wasn't asking for help anymore, he was demanding it. Junkiro didn't like where this was going.

"Hmm..." He paused for a minute, thinking to himself. "If you actually power the airship, wouldn't you be in here...pretty much all the time? And from the way the Second Winders were talking, you've been in here quite a while....Don't you think you're being a little..well...over the top? They DID crash...actually. Hang on....how come you guys crashed? You're the power source, maybe you might have an idea?" Junkiro was trying to steer the conversation away, distract Thunderhead for a while to ease his rage...and keep him in his confinement a while longer. Junkiro didn't trust the cloud, and hopefully Kazuma was picking up on his doubt by now. Something just wasn't right, but he couldn't put his finger on it...

"Look kid. I'm just here to power the ship. I don't always have to be here, because the ship has a power storage unit, but since we got hit by some attacker and the lifting devices were compromised, they needed me in here the entire time to make up for the decrease in lift and the hit our storage took. I couldn't tell you exactly what got hit beyond those two things, honestly. I'm no engineer like some of them! I just power the ship as I'm asked!" Zikix explained with a frustrated but contained tone.

"Okay...." Junkiro nodded at this new information. "Could you tell me about the attackers? Were they in our airspace, or was this before you entered Drisbane?" While he was considering this next question, his attention was drawn to the sparking things Zid....Thunderhead had mentioned before. Looked like one or two were hanging askew a bit..."You said those things up there are how the ship gets power? If we fixed 'em...could the ship fly again? Or at least give us more light to explore the damage?" It seemed Junkiro was starting to steer the conversation away from whatever was making him angry, but he was still on his guard. "I'm sorry...I've never been inside this airship thing before...I've got a lot of questions, and I've never heard of a living power source..."

Someone attacked them. That fact dug into Kazuma's mind and stuck there. He needed to be focused if there would be an attack. Someone took this airship out of the sky. From that fact, one could assume that the attackers were as advanced as those who built the ship. If not, they were more advanced. Either way, it was a scary thought. However, Kazuma wanted to know the whole story before he took sides in this fight. If their shipwrecked friends were the cause of the issue, then Kazuma voted on kicking them out of the city before they bring trouble to Drisbane. However, if they were in legitimate trouble and Drisbane stood a chance against the assailants, Kazuma would gladly assist them. Kazuma would speak up and ask something, but Junkiro was already asking all the right questions. It seemed he was more competant than the mechanized champion first thought he was.

"Drisbane? I'd assume it was outside of the reclusive city unless you've been taken over by another empire recently!" Zikix laughed, "They're the only ones who've got this airship technology besides my fellow flyers, so it stands to reason it was them or one of their constituent peoples that felled the ship." The elemental looked upward.

"Did you not hear what I said? The lifting devices were badly damaged, and the power storage itself compromised! Even if I could get this ship charging again, it wouldn't do us much good besides drag the bottom of the ship along the ground a few feet!"

This wasn't the first time someone from the airship had skirted exactly who they were. First Apex had brought it up in passing, now Thunderhead, as he decided was infiinitely easier to say, was dodging it too. He needed more information; if they were after the Secondwinders, then Drisbane was also going to be a threat.

"Hang on a second. Just who are these other people with airship technology? Everyone's so dodgy about it....but if they're after you, we NEED to know, because they might come after you guys, and therefore us!" Junkiro's eyes suddenly flared with emotion; if these enemies hurt them...hurt HER.....

Kazuma couldn't help but wonder if his motion-to-magic technology would help the ship at all. He had made multiple advances in the amplification of magic, and that may help the airship be more efficient in power, therefore letting it travel without need of the battery. However, this was under the assumption that they could get the lifts fixed. And the assumption that Zikix's magic was compatible with Kazuma's technology. And various other variables that the mechanized champion didn't know.

"Ha! You think that just because you stumbled across this airship that you're privy to that sort of information?" Zikix chuckled. Still, he eyed Junkiro, and ultimately seemed uncaring of discretion or secrecy. "An empire by the name of the Eudasti exists outside your enclosed walls. If your city were more outgoing, you might have gleaned their existence."

Junkiro sighed quietly; the thunder god still didn't quite seem to understand what he was getting at. "That's not important right now. What IS important is your situation with them, and their weaponry. Are they going to pursue you? Just how strong are they? Do we need to prepare ourselves for battle?" Junkiro had finally stumbled into an important crux of the situation; was Drisbane headed for war if they gave refuge to the Secondwinders?

Kazuma still couldn't help but be desperately curious about the Eudatsi. If he had been speaking, he would have asked about the same questions as Junkiro had. But he would definitely have to expand upon most of the questions. Asking about how strong they were wouldn't be enough for Kazuma. He'd need to know their weaponry, their battle tactics, their preferred combat field, everything.

"Hell if I know. I've got no beef with the Eudasti. But if they shot down this ship, I can imagine they did so for a reason. They may or may not come searching for it here," the elemental said. "You done with the pointless questioning? I'd like to get out of here!"

Junkiro sighed; he had hoped the elemental would have forgotten that he was still in that big dome. He still had his suspicions, but he just couldn't find a real reason to leave him in there beyond mere speculation; in short, he couldn't decide. "Well, we've learned something really important here...Drisbane might be dealing with an unknown force sometime soon. But...." Junkiro turned to Kazuma, who had been extremely quiet this whole time. "I'm gonna leave the choice to the rookie-do we let 'im out or not?"

Kazuma scratched his chin as he thought about the options. Obviously, Zikix was a very powerful being. This would make him either a strong ally, or a tough enemy. Kazuma never liked gambling, and was never one to gamble on anything. He preferred to know all the facts before making decisions. He wanted to know all the outcomes possible, and the probability for each of said outcomes. The elemental's quickness to anger made Kazuma a bit wary of letting him loose. It wouldn't take much to anger him, and Kazuma wasn't sure how quick that anger would turn to agression. However, that meant that the elemental would just as quickly turn it's anger on Drisbane's enemies.

After taking a few moments to decide the options, Kazuma decided that Zikix would get out of his dome eventually, so they might as well let him out now. That way, in case he became a threat, they could deal with him, then the Eudasti instead of both at once. Additionally, if they left him where he was and the Eudatsi released him, he would have even more reason to turn on Drisbane. So, it appeared to Kazuma that the best of the two options was to release the beast. "I say we release him. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty damn sure I don't want him as an enemy." As Kazuma spoke, he motioned to the lever that would release the sentient storm cloud, signalling for Junkiro to pull it.

"Finally you mortals get the picture!" Zikix grumbled, spinning in the tube as what seemed like bolts of electric happiness shot from his blackened form. "It took you long enough!"

"Well, you made the call, bud. Out it is!" Junkiro, though his demeanor was pleasant, kept a very close eye on the thundercloud as he moved back over to the control panel. If he was lying...they'd be toast. Junkiro's gum was of very little use against an ethereal, electrical enemy, and if lightning had taught him anything, it was that metal was NOT something to be around when it struck. Being in the metal airship was not a good fighting ground if Thunderhead went back on his word...but who was he to turn back on his word?

Hoping for the best, Junkiro tightly gripped the large lever marked 'release' and threw it, waiting to see what would happen...

Kazuma thought it through again as Junkiro pulled the lever. Zikix had no reason to turn on them. So long as the storm cloud was rational and reasonable, he wouldn't turn on the pair of champions. Still, Kazuma couldn't help but wonder whether or not his bullets and katana would work on the sentient cloud.

As soon as the lever was pulled, the glass cylinder which surround Zikix began to drop, sliding into a slot beneath the room. With a mere sliver of an opening at the top, the elemental quickly slipped out as a thing sheet of dark mist before spreading out at the top of the room.

"Ha ha ha! Finally! I would be tempted to smite you incompetent mortals for your slowness, but in the end I'm free. Learn to be more trusting of that which is unfamiliar to you! Your city could stand to reach out more, I'm sure!" Zikix laughed heartily. With a wild cry of delight, the stormcloud darted off through the entrance Junkiro and Kazuma came in from earlier, disappearing as a trail into the dark.

Kazuma watched the cloud leave, a bit disappointed that the elemental wasn't going to turn into an ally of Drisbane. But, it's not like they came here expecting a new ally anyway. They came to the ship because of the mechanized champion's insatiable curiosity. Sure enough, now that the storm cloud was gone, Kazuma found himself staring up at the sparking tubes above him, wondering how they were supposed to be indestructible. Kazuma shook his head, changing his thoughts to the troubles that would soon be approaching Drisbane. The Eudasti. They would need to be prepared for them. Kazuma couldn't shake the feeling that they would be coming to the city soon, and that Drisbane was hopelessly unprepared for it.

"Let's go back to the city," he told Junkiro, "We have to make sure they know about the Eudasti, and that they might have followed the airship here."

Well, it seemed that Thunderhead wasn't necessarily out for blood...theirs, anyway. Apex and Virod might not be feeling so great afterwards, but he couldn't be certain anymore. What mattered was they weren't dead. Thunderhead had taken off from the airship, but Junkiro wasn't fully convinced that the skies were safe quite yet...

"Let's follow that elemental. I want to make absolutely certain he won't hurt anyone. And besides, he's headed for Drisbane to show Apex and Virod a lesson, right? He'll need directions!" With a short laugh, Junkiro took off after Zix...Zid....Thunderhead, motioning for the rookie to follow.

Kazuma nodded at Junkiro and took off after him, pulling himself away from the "indestructible" tubes. He so desperately wanted to know more about them. He so desperately wanted to know more about the glowing lines in the floor that he was stepping over. He so desperately wanted to know so much more about everything on the ship. However, Junkiro was right, people still might be in danger from Zikix. Plus, the Eudasti posed a problem as well. So, his curiosity would have to wait.

Collab between @Asuras and @Skyswimsky

Este wasn't sure if Ordvia was simply mocking her or not. Regardless, she had to suck up. She actually had to suck up since the day she woke up again, and each day it started to piss her off more and more. Sure, it was all for the greater good, but ultimately it wasn't the vampire herself, and what good would all her work do if she lost herself in doing so?

Whatever, now was not the place and time to fall into self pity and Este made a graceful bow as the other vampire noble accepted her humble visit. "Your words are too kind. However, today I haven't come to mourn the death of my lovely sister." Raising up again she locked her eyes onto the other vampires. "As much as my house may have declined, it still exists, and I've come to talk business." Time was of essence, and as much sweet mouthing as Este could do, she didn't plan to waste her entire day on becoming Ordvia's monkey. Especially considering the current circumstances. With the right arguments the vampiress saw no possibility of getting her request denied.

"I've been hearing of your attempts at restoring your house. Over forty men and women in but six months. Bold, but foolish," Kairen said, stepping closer to Este, "With such courage, what could you possibly need from me?"

Este didn't move at all. "That was actually still very subtle." The white hair responded in a sweet voice. Where did she gain all that information from? A possible spy? She had to take care of that on a later occasion. "I am sure you also know my actions only accelerated the inevitable." If she knew that much, she wasn't in the dark about the vampire hunt either.

"The inevitable? Perhaps for your own soul, but not for ours. We remain hidden, vast, and powerful. Despite your newfound numbers, you still do not possess the vitality to save yourselves from the ire of men," Kairen explained. Her eyes flared. "I ask again. What is it you need from me?"~

Well, that was the response Este expected, and that kinda meant this cowardly scum was predictable. Nonetheless, it seemed like the craven noble wanted Este to spill it out for her, and so she did. "In the name of the Forbes Clan I am seeking aid to fend off the assault of The Guardians, and once weakened, crush them." Este actually managed to bow down while making her humble request, if she had to trample on her own pride for the time being to ensure the survival of her clan, then so be it.

Before Kairen could respond however, Este continued. "I am sure you are able to realize that no matter how good you are in hide and seek, sooner or later, The Guardian's will find your kin, and by that time, all other clans have most likely been wiped out then." What was she expecting? To spend the rest of her life in hiding? "Or you could take up arms, lend me some of your most capable fighters and deal a devastating blow to them!"

Kairen's face turned into a scowl. "What do you think of us? Rulers? Infinite? The Guardians today receive their authority through the love of Drisbane's people. It is not just a single faction that seeks our destruction. To destroy the Guardians would be to contest with the city itself, a feat even my own clan's numbers could not hope to achieve!" she shouted. Kairen stepped fully down from the stairs, mere feet from Este's kneeling position. "What you request of us… it is impossible." The vampiress averted her gaze and looked past Este.

"Your boldness is notorious, Esterellia, and for that I commend you. I am not without sympathy for your cause. Your family was once great, and as our kind has been whittled down to but two notable houses, things have become far more quiet than I am used to," she smiled, "I can help, but not in the way you request."

Este started to burst out laughing, it was hard to tell if it was just a play or her honest feelings even for someone skilled. Nonetheless, it took her just a few seconds to collect herself. "Destroy the entirety of the guardians? You would think that of me? Hah! I like you! I truuuly dooo~~. Even I am not stupid enough to deem that possible..." At least not in the next few years.

"People like them always exist, it is nigh impossible to rot them out! Nonetheless, that they receive the love of Drisbane's people is just wrong, else the humans wouldn't bother themselves with their petty power struggles amongst each other! And while you may be right that most of humanity hates us, it is The Guardian's who actively seek to destroy us. I am not asking to give me an army. I don't plan to invoke another sentence after all..." What did numbers matter nowadays? What Este needed was powerful individuals, not some cannon fodder. "Regardless, I'll listen." She couldn't really imagine how else Kairen could help her, and by now, they stood on equal grounds.

"More than likely, but a single troop of Guardians will be sent after your lot. You don't need an army to hold them off," Kairen smirked, "Which is why I suggest you take my offer of a fighter or two to aid you."

"Well, that's exactly what I had in mind." What were they even arguing? One or two people wasn't exactly what she had hoped for, but better than nothing, and ultimately they were probably only given to her to keep Este in check, or something along those lines. Sadly though, beggars couldn't be choosers.

Kairen's eyes narrowed. "Right then. I will requisition as many willing brethren to return to your manor momentarily. I do hope you can provide a neat environment with which to accommodate them whilst they stay with you," she said, "The fellows of this place do so enjoy their lavish lifestyles."

Urgh. It wasn't like Este was not rich, but without any reliable income, she was smart enough to not just throw stuff out the window. Regardless, she didn't have much of a choice, and if she would send her just a few capable fighters, it wouldn't end too bad. How was she sustaining her own lifestyle anyways? Considering she lived in hiding. "We have a deal. I'll make sure your fellow vampires will enjoy their stay in my manor." And she would make sure they would pay for that too.

Kairen gave a small nod before turning back up the stairs and disappearing. Even unseen, her call out to Este could be heard. "Do enjoy yourself here until the time comes that I can introduce you to your future company," she said.

"Time is of essence…" Este mumbled in annoyance, while she spend literally only minutes with the head of that craven family, it kinda felt like an eternity. So who knew what happened in the meantime? Regardless, Este didn't have much choice, and why refuse an offer that generous?

The soldiers were uninclined to reply to Lyssa, and though many seemed disgruntled by her possession of the nameless sword, countless others were relaxed amidst Kanade's singing; undoubtedly after long journeys and a lack of entertainment, her makeshift concert was a welcome sound. If anything, they were slightly pacified, by nature of a collective feeling of calm.

The sky, however, seemed to distract both parties from what they were doing, as it began to quickly darken. Their first thought was the formation of another Sentence, but as the cloud head approached in a more natural manner, simply releasing rain and lightning rather than a swirling mass of energy or a heavenly boom, it simply seemed to be an unexpected storm.

The soldiers, however, seemed less convinced as their eyes narrowed and a wave of mumbling overtook the camp. Many cast glances up to Kanade and Lyssa, talking amongst themselves even as they glared at them. They knew something they didn't. Suddenly, a large portion of the forces began to move, though not towards the gates. A mass of the foreigners marched to the right, quite literally right past Kanade and Lyssa on the wall, and around the wall.

The distraction of their movement was nearly enough to end the two Aesilian's lives. The sound of an electric whirring behind them drew their attention just in time to find an immense steel blade swinging down upon them. Both dodged out of the way as it sliced into the stone wall, cleaving it in a shower of debris and knocking the two girls down to the ground.

One of the huge, mechanized suits of armor stood before them, alongside a remaining force of the foreigner troops, evidently still prepared to crush them.

Ferenfel blushed at Natalya's mention, placing a hand on her cheek as she mumbled something incomprehensible, possibly a foreign language. "Ah y-y-yes! I am an elf, as you would say. Are there no elves around here? Am I really that exotic?!" she blushed even harder, shaking her head as if she were being adored by a crowd of fans.

"Don't let it get to your head," Okine said. Ferenfel seemed lost in it already, however, and seemed ignorant to her words.

The two girl's meeting with Frua was, thanks to Natalya's status, quickly arranged, and they didn't have to wait long, even amidst the commotion the Library was facing. Since its changing of the guard, countless citizens of Drisbane were suddenly more interested in looking into Goetia. After the recent chaos with the demon, it became apparent to Drisbane at large that having at least some magical expertise might help them when they needed it most. As a newly formed academy of magic, Goetia was perfect to fill that void of power in the citizenry, and it showed; the Library was filled to the brim with unfamiliar faces.

Frua was a man of at least 19 years age, tall and handsome with long black hair. From what he'd completed in Goetia so far, he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders, and good intentions for his faction and the city at large. He welcomed the four girls into his office with a warm greeting. He stood behind his desk -the very same that Kaileb had used- smiling brightly.

"What can I do for the notorious Natalaya and...?" he turned to other three, Aurora, Okine, and Ferenfel, and looked unsure. "Who might you three ladies be?"

"I'm unsatisfied without knowing if we caught some of the vampires themselves in the fire," Jivev said, "Thoguh I suppose this may serve to draw them into a bit more of an open situation, so to speak." She crossed her arms as they walked. The three Guardians were headed, as Halberd suggested, to a bar of course, much to Jivev's pleasure. It had been quite a long time since a junior had treated her to something nice. Regardless of the position in the faction, work was never well-paying, and she wasn't one to spend frivolously.

The captain turned to Aiden after returning her thoughts to the present before giving him a quick, sharp pat on the shoulder. "Don't worry about what happened in there. You did fine," she said to him, remembering his being a new face within the Guardians, and his apparent worry in taking the mission. "You'll get better at chopping down ghouls in time," Jivev winked.

A dark raincloud seemed to overtake the city's sky abnormally quickly, though as it inevitably only began to drop rain and occasional thunder, none of them ultimately thought much of it. The three Guardians continued on their way to their Borough, intent on resting and drinking the memories of rotting ghouls away.

Midway, walking down the street as they took cover from the rain, another group of three individuals passed by just beside them. Halberd and Aiden thought nothing of those that passed by, but as Jivev suddenly stopped and turned back, it seemed she familiar with at least one of them. Her glare didn't insinuate it was a good sort of familiarity.

A young man, and two girls kept walking in the opposite direction of the Guardians, seemingly unawares that Jivev had begun to stare them down. She whispered to Halberd and Aiden.

"Those three right there. On my mark, I want you to strike them down. I will explain later, but just trust me," she grimly said, putting her hand on her saber.

As Junkiro and Kazuma exited the ship from the way they came, they were met with a worrisome sight; Drisbane was being rained on, heavily. A thunderbolt boomed on occasion, and the storm cloud encompassed all they could see in the sky for miles. Zikix was, of course, nowhere to be seen, except for possibly everywhere above. Rain and thunder was not rare in Drisbane, but it appearing so quickly was not natural, and couldn't have possibly been a coincidence.

And for their empathy for the cloud elemental, they were met with an utterly furious individual. The two Palace champions walked back up the hill to the city, intent on heading to their own Borough. Midway up, however, a girl of red hair, whose temper seemed just as fiery, stopped them.

"You two! Did you do this?!" she roared, pointing upwards. Looking back, it seemed Junkiro and Kazuma were indeed the only souls present out in the rain at the time, unluckily. As she began to let loose some colorful language, something caught Kazuma's eyes in the rain. To his left, he could make out what seemed to be a large group of shiny individuals, likely clad in armor, making their way along the Drisbane wall straight towards the airship.

-----------------------------------------------------------------​

It wasn't hard for Aesil to ask around for the whereabouts of a sizable dragon in the Palace Borough. Within one or two inquiries, she'd been told he was offered a place to stay in Aosoki Hime's grand palace, alongside Virod of course. During her short venture with Rasoba, it seemed the two foreigners had already conversed with Aosoki Hime and Utashou. What further information they divulged was unknown.

The dragon and his friend were seated in a pristine garden, seemingly enjoying the Eastern-style design choices. More likely though, they were simply happy to be relaxing for once since their ship was supposedly hit. The dragon easily noticed Aesil approaching, and turned his long neck to meet her with a joyous expression.

"Ah, the ninja girl," he greeted, "How goes things?"

Unaffiliated
@Skyswimsky

Two vampires. A butler and a girl that looked even more dreadfully unfriendly than Kairen were apparently the two assistants Esterellia would be receiving. Kairen introduced them as Heinstig and Silna respectively. The butler was polite is his greeting, bowing as he was named to Esterellia. Silna, however, merely looked Esterellia up and down with an unimpressed look. They looked capable enough.

Still, they weren't the only help the vampiress had intended to requisition, and so her journey led her onward to the next large vampire household. This one, however, wasn't so hidden, simply being a manor on the street of Drisbane. It would some time to reach it, and as the sky began to drop everything it had, they knew quickly it wouldn't be a pleasant walk.

"You really think Colquet Galrin will lend you some help like Kairen did? He's a coward you know? He won't aid in the campaign against humanity," Silna spoke up with a dull tone, sounding quite skeptical of Esterellia's decisions as well.

"Not seen any other elves around but, to be honest, ain't really been looking much. Didn't actually know about elves till about 2 months ago as it was, so, you know." Natalya said in response to Ferenfel's questions. The roads to the library seemed to glide by under her feet until they reached the final corner. As she lead them around the corner, Natalya couldn't help but grin. The imposing facade of the Library still appeared suitably grandiose, even without the Sanctuary towering over it. Besides, the way they had come meant that the scar in the ground where the Sanctuary had once stood was obscured from view. All in all, a pretty decent view to make a first impression with. "Here we are folks, Library of Goetia." Natalya said, heading towards the entrance.

Inside, the library bustled with activity, where once it had been dark and silent. Goetia's rebirth as a library of magic open to all was apparently going very smoothly. The populace of Drisbane had leapt at the opportunity of so much knowledge available, and the place was packed. Lights blazed where once there had been none. The librarians were a constant presence; rushing backwards and forwards with books, answering queries, and just generally assisting people. The buzz of study, thought and debate echoed around the building. It felt much more welcoming compared to the dark, silent tomb of wisdom it had once been.

In spite of the bustle of activity, Natalya had no issues getting the audience organised. There were some perks to the extra attention that she had accrued by assisting in the deposing of Kaileb, after all. All it took were a couple of demands and, 5 minutes later, she was walking into the Head Librarian's office with her guests in tow. Frua seemed to have settled into the role (and room) rather well over the past few months. His appearance and demeanor were enough to put many of the common citizenry at ease, and his presence alone seemed to be making effective work at washing away some of the stigma around Goetia. Turning her thoughts back to the situation at hand, Natalya prepared to try and explain the events of the day in as clear a way as possible.

"Sure you've heard of the airship that crashed outside the city earlier today. With me here are Okine and Ferenfel, members of the Second Winds. It was their airship that crashed, and they wanted to get around and meet the different factions in the city. These two have come here, whilst others have gone to Palace and Aesil. Guardians were too busy dealing with something else." The thought of Halberd flared briefly into her mind, before she forcibly quashed it. "Other lady here calls herself Aurora Spiere. Said she needed to speak with you. Seems to have some idea about what Kaileb was after - might be useful to those hunting him if it's sound info. As for me? I'm kinda curious to hear what they all have to say."

That said, Natalya leaned against the wall, and cast a surreptitious eye around the room. She was sure that Tinette would have caught word of their arrival by now, and would have slipped an owl familiar in at the very least. It was just a matter of where.

The sudden change of weather gave Aiden a bad feeling. It definitely wasn't uncommon, but, despite its dramatic timing, it felt oddly misplaced right now. Things were going on in this city. One would never have seen it from the outside. Aiden, never even would have suspected it. Vampires, flying ships, unpredictable thunderstorms. There was a bigger force at work in this city... Whether it be deity or man, he was not sure, but so long as the winds of fate blew in the direction they were, there would be little rest.

They passed by three people. An odd group they were. He payed them no mind. However, Jivev called for action on her mark.

Seriously?! He had just caught his breath... He thought nothing of the three that had just passed by them. But then again, he never had the experience that his captain did. It shocked him more, that Halberd didn't think anything of them. Or at least didn't show to. He seemed like he would've caught on to something like that. All Aiden could do was ready himself for what was about to unfold

Status
Not open for further replies.