The Sentence - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Aurora figured... they knew only a slim piece of the full truth. She could see the look in Frua's eyes digging for any sign of more insightful information. The warrior woman sighed lightly closing her eyes as she thought over what she should say, and what would need to be kept from him. Slowly her unnatural eyes opened with a sterner look as she repositioned herself into a more proper stance.

"You are correct that Kaileb wants the child, however, she was not an experiment of the Madurn... she was their child. I can't tell you in what ways, or which the legitimate parents were, but I know the Madurn saw her as a child more than a... craft," Aurora spoke with a very serious expression now upon her whole being as she paused for a moment. She felt the urge that explaining the campaign that taught her that was not a wise idea to bring up.

"Unfortunately that still didn't stop her from gaining a rather... destructive power from an old long gone time... I know what she can, and has done. Believe me when I say I can't tell you for her sake. Her safety from Kaileb is of the upmost importance to all of us though. Astra knew that which is why she betrayed Kaileb," Aurora paused on that as she thought about Este temporarily... at this point she was going to have to sever her ties with the vampire... for now their goals were split. That, and lately Este had been acting very strange as of late... like she was hiding some sort of plot.

"I understand as of late that she has been put into custody with the Guardians with Goetia's eyes watching her I am sure. I know I have not told you how I know these things, and that past my name I have no prior affiliation with Goetia, but I wish to be a part of the child's watch," no she needed to be. The hard part though was how she could convince the man in front of her without revealing the things she had done to learn what she was saying.

"What I believe is that the Madurn were preparing us all for something far worse than eternal dispute... so far that they hid two things considerable valuable to combat both worldly, and unworldly things," Aurora was sure that part would bring up the Demon that had destroyed the Madurn temple to Frua's mind.

"There are many questions I know you want to ask, but until I can confirm Kaileb is dead I cannot answer them please understand that."

“Pleasure to be present, Jivev,” Varanense replied flatly through the illusion, readying an illusionary shot. Looked like the foreign knights weren’t going to stop Lizbaine from backing up, so, after a quick glance over the surrounding areas from his vantage point, the crossbowman nodded in a satisfied manner from his perch. Stretching outwards with his arcane control over the illusionary copy once more, the decoy remarked, eyes still focused on the masked knight, “Probably didn’t feel like a pushover because you were trying to take on four of them at once, Liz…but I’ll keep that in mind. Can’t do much to that bloodthirsty axeman outside of pray that the boss can tell him to stop going Butcher mode though.”

The numbers that were apparently behind the men, however, did make Varanense rather nervous, as did the chilling words of their leader. A man who tried to kill others over a lie was definitely on the ‘overkill-happy evil’ side of things, and it didn’t particularly help that he couldn’t even explain himself before invading another’s city. Sure, the word ‘empire’ sounded mighty and all, but…

“Go fetch some help,” he muttered to the injured archer, “Killing them wouldn’t be too hard, but capturing them alive would require more people, I feel. Don’t bleed out, alright?”

Of course, while he was chatting away with Lizbaine and sending her off, the infamously murder-happy member of the Guardians clearly had to make another thinly-veiled threat. Varanense could totally agree with his words, but could he not state them in a less provocative manner? Damned brute. The youth clicked his tongue once more, wondered how old Mr. Kill Em All was, before deciding it didn’t really matter.

“Kid’s probably seen some fucked up shit during the aftermath of the Sentence.”

With that the illusion stood at ready, bolt locked into the crossbow but not yet drawn. A stance of preparation, but with no threat.

The real one, however, began to channel arcane energies into his arrow, filling it with the exhaustive energies that would rob them of their strength if it struck. He kept it in the general location of the four knights, ready to aim and fire and whomever decided to attack first.

Natalya froze as the metallic sounds began, straining her ears. It hadn't been so long ago that she and Galina had fought in the shelves of the library, battling a summoned knight because of the knowledge they had discovered. "Deja fuckin' vu" Natalya spat out from under her breath as she drew her sword. Staring into the darkness, she caught the red flashes of symbols as the creature drew closer, accompanied by the metallic clattering sound. "You guys have been down in this place before. Seen or heard anything at all like this?" she asked, spinning to face the librarian. "No, nothing," he replied, "We've had every reason to assume this room was safe, locked away...unoccupied." Natalya snorted. "Seems something doesn't like us poking around with extra knowledge here." Her eyes drifted back to the red glow that got closer and closer, moving in step with the beast. "We should pull back to the entryway. Got no idea how agile this thing is, and I don't want it slipping behind us in the dark. Sneak attacks aside, there could be a bloodbath if it finds its way upstairs." Natalya started to slowly pace backwards, keeping her eyes on the source of the scuttling. Turning towards the librarian again, she muttered "Get upstairs and notify the other librarians of what's happened. See if we can get some of the remaining champions as backup. Last time I fought something with this many goddamn legs, 4 of us couldn't do shit to it. Not sure what kinda creature this is, but I'd rather not be in that situation again." Natalya looked over at Okine and Ferenfel. "Not sure how confident you two are in dealing with this shit. Feel free to go upstairs and fetch backup - we're in need of that information you hold after all, and I'd rather not lose either of you."

Halberd stepped forward, inquiring about why these soldiers were here. The commanding officer mentioned six new arrivals to this city. This was obviously in reference to the visitors who fell from the sky. But... This storm was their doing?... Aiden wanted to know more. But with Halberd's reaction, it seemed that they weren't going to get anything for now. He worried for Halberd. He couldn't keep going like this. Sooner or later something much, much worse will happen if this keeps up.

His companions readied themselves for battle. There was no way out of this it seemed. Though he worried about what would become of this city. An entire empire behind these invaders? In his mind he imagined the worst. It was no different than the Sentence. No, it'd be worse. The entire city would be leveled, and none would be spared. Not even the few remaining children after the first Sentence. But was giving up the six who landed a good idea... No that is not the point.

"No. I do not know whether or not these people you are after are bed people. I do not even know if this woman is a bad person. In fact... I don't know a lot about this world. But what I do know is that this city is it's own. If there are criminals in this city, we will try them and punish them. And as of this moment, you are criminals of this city. So by order of the Drisbane Guardians, I, Aiden Renmor hereby place you all are under arrest for further questioning. I suggest you make this easy, and come silently."

Aiden prepared himself, raising his shield in front of him, and began channeling energy into his other hand. He knew this would only end in a skirmish, and with Halberd nearby, bloodshed.

"But I am not such a fool as to expect you to come quietly."

Lyssa swore profusely under her breath as the colossus's blade just narrowly missed her, eerie blue flame still dancing along the sword. The wind kicked up from the sheer force of the swing knocked her flight off course for a moment before she righted herself, diving down between the armored behemoth's legs to throw it off as she ascended behind it. Damn Kanade for taking the easy job of dealing with the mundane soldiers. Nonetheless, this was her duty. And she would see it through.

"For Drisbaine!" She roared, resembling an angel of light as she hovered in the air. "For Queen Efrida! Death to these treacherous invaders!"

Gripping the haft of her hammer in both hands, Lyssa rocketed towards the armored knight, screaming as she swung her spiked maul at the construct's head, hoping to cave it in.

"Thanks," Kazuma said, moving his arm a bit so the machine whirred gently, "I'd like to take credit for more of the suit's features, but my father designed most of the important parts. I just put it together." Kazuma slid a little closer to the edge of the house, keeping himself hidden behind the structure, but trying to keep himself as close as possible to Junkiro so he could hear what was going on. "Who are the people out there?" He asked, returning to his unanswered question from earlier. "And there's about 50 other things I'd like to ask you, but I don't believe we have time for all of them, so how about just the essentials. Who are the Eudatsi? Are the people out there the Eudatsi? And if we have time after those answers," Kazuma pointed up above him towards the swirling storm clouds, "What's his deal, and how do we stop him?"

It hurt Kazuma to not be able to ask more of the questions that were on his mind. He could spend hours picking this girl's brain about the inner workings of the ship, but they might only had a few minutes, and right now, he only needed the questions answered that were most important. He could get more information from her later, after he made sure that they'd both survive this particular encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.