The Search of a Lonely Heart

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I have, it is just that I feel so out of place here it's hard to make a connection to people. I'm not used to living in a big town, my home town only had a little over 1,000 people, a moajority of whom were my age."

"Which is?" she asked with a soft giggle as she kicks a pebble "I'm from a small town but it wasn't as small as yours. I kind of like this town, a lot of new things to see."

"21, and yeah the this town has alot of things going on to see." As them nearing a resturant he asked, "Would you like to get someting to eat?, we've walked quite a ways and I personally need something to drink.

Smiles sweetly and gave a curt nod as she looks up at the restaurant "Sure, I'd love to."

Opening the door, he said with a smile, "Ladies first."

Blushing she quickly walks through the door so he didn't see it, she was always embarrassed when she blushed "Thank you." she muttered softly and looks around the room "Is the food good here?"

"Best in town as far as i know" he said, as he followed behind her. Grabbing two menus and pulling out her chair he added, "Order anything you want. I've been saving up for a while."

Blushes not used to a man being such a gentleman "Thank you." sitting down smiles at him "You don't have to buy me lunch... Its very nice of you though." she said softly as she looks over the menu.

"Are you sure?" he said smiling back. "I figured as you've only been here a few days you might wanna try out one of the resturants, plus my dad always told me it is better to ask and thought of as a gentleman, than be thought rude and selfish, as first impressions are vital in life." Afriad he might be "forcing" her to do something she didn't want to he added, "But you don't have to get anything, it's been too long since I've ever been eating lunch with someone so I'm a bit uneasy."

"Oh, I didn't mean to make you uneasy." her lips twist a bit in thought "If you want to you can. I just didn't know if you wanted to since I'm still a stranger to you."

"My theory is if you invite someone to lunch, even if they are strangers yet, the best way to get them as a friend is to buy them lunch." He said sitting down himself. "But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that money buys friendship because it don't, not a true friendship anyway."

She gave a curt nod in understanding and picks up the menu looking over her many options slowly "Hmm... What would you recommend?"

"I usually get the chicken fried steak with mashed potatos, gravy, corn, and a large pepsi. But today i think I'll get that with a large sweet tea. Does that sound good to you?"

Her head quirked to the side "Chicken fried steak? Like a steak in a chicken and then fried?" she was very confused never heard of anything like that.

"Not quite, you know how to fry chicken right?"

Shook her head slowly, she had never cooked in her life "So... Its not stuffed into a chicken?" she looks at her menu a bit timid now "I'll just get a sandwich..."

"OK but if you see it and change your mind you can go ahead and order it. What about your drink, they have tea, water, soda (from pepsi and coke, to root beer and ginger ale).

"A water would be fine, and thank you." she smiles sweetly at him and sets her menu aside "You're very nice, Max."

"Thank you Lucy. Now if you don't mind I'd like to learn more about you. Where did you live before you moved here?"

"A small town up north. My father moved here for work, not really sure what he does though, I've never asked." she shrugs is off and fiddles with her napkin "What about you? Where do you work?"