The Real World is Just a Crappy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mana was startled from her reverie. Curious, she spun around to see who would be calling her--considering she only knew a dozen people, and none of them for more than a dungeon or two. Her eyes found Yui Ragnarok, and her face lit up with a smile. Yui went out of her way to call to Mana; Yui was definitely a good friend. And now they were both living in this world together!

So good friends will be important to have.

Mana was startled by the dark thought--even frightened by it--so she shook it from her head. Her smile returning, she slid her book into her left sleeve and ran to join her friend. "Yui! Yaaay!" Mana couldn't hold her happiness in. She jumped at Yui and threw her arms around the taller girl, embracing Yui joyfully. "This is so wonderful! It's vibrant, and warm, and colorful, and soft, and beautiful, and real!" Mana sighed in contentment, her small pink frame cuddled against Yui's larger blue.

Yui remained silent, stunned at her friend's reaction to her appearance. "Uum... good to see you too, I guess." was all she could utter out, but then she burst into laughter as a ferocious monster shorter even than Mana leapt at her assailant. "Hey Nai. Looks like you met Mana then." She stepped forward and removed Nai from her feeble but determined attack on the enchantress, then stood back and took a longer look around. The sky, sun and clouds mimicked the ground and buildings in terms of artistic realism. "So, I'm guessing you two also figured out where we are then? I'm also assuming that you haven't figured out the change in control system. It's obvious Nai hasn't, or you'd be having a shocked fit on the floor by now, Mana. Oh yeah, I meant to ask you about your username too. Why Mana? I know mine's based on Norse Mythology and Nai was trying to make herself sound intimidating, but Mana is neither of those and doesn't seem to hold any mea.." Her question was cut short by a deep rumbling noise from deep within her avatar -no her own cavernous stomach system, and she realised that she was starving. "Well then. I suppose that could only have been expected. What say you about us continuing this back at my house. Given the rest of HB is the same, I should still have a home, too. It's just a short walk then it's just beyond the entrance to the next town." She opened her inventory GUI, and indeed, there at the top of the list, right under her equipped weapons, was the icon for her house key.

She wanted to rush off like she normally would but she had to figure out how to bring up her main menu first,'Hmm...now how do I bring my main menu up now?Let's see...oh I know.'She cheerfully thought.Then she took a breath,"Main menu."She said expectantly and waited.Nothing happened though and she blinked shocked,"Open main menu."She said hopeful.Yet again nothing happened and she took a deep breath,"Display main menu!"She said starting to get annoyed.Once more nothing happened and she swung her right hand through the air as if trying to slap someone.The moment she did the main menu swiftly opened up as a small box in front of her and her eyes widened in surprise.Then she smirked,"I knew it...I'm a genius!"She said proudly.

Then she noticed other players characters had stopped what they were doing and were staring at her.She narrowed her eyes at them,"Mind your own business...noobs!"She yelled in annoyance.None of them wasted any time returned to what they were doing and she looked at the main menu.She pressed the button for her items and when her items menu showed up she pressed on her spell book.Once she did red pixels gathered to form her book in her left hand.Then she pressed the return button which returned her to the main menu and she pressed port.Upon her doing that a menu appeared for her to input the location and she thought about it.Then she selected Sleepy Meadow but it was only to let herself get used to fighting first.

As soon as she selected her location a bright blue light radiated from her entire body.Then she completely vanished from the starter town and in a few seconds reappeared in Sleepy Meadow.She looked around still trying to get used to the new experiences.She could see she was now standing in a lush green field with small hills.There were large moss covered boulders in different spots and sheep peaceful grazing.The sheep were easy low level targets but she wasn't here to waste time on them.She was here to wait for the random event that allowed a different creature to spawn in that area.The rumor in the forums was that if you defeated it that you would get 275 XP and 2750 gold.

She watched for the creature when she spotted something odd,"What is that?"She asked curiously.There was a spot on the field where a few pixels formed a small orange flame had appeared just above the field.At first she figured it was a glitch in the system then she realized something and opened her spell book.Without hesitation she reached her right gauntlet covered hand into it's pages and pulled out a short sword.She narrowed her eyes at the strange flame,"No one ever said what it looked like.They must want people to figure it out for themselves.That or they want to keep the secret to themselves.How underhanded of them."She said slyly.

Then she readied herself for battle and charged toward the flame as she did she saw two evil looking red eyes open on it.She stopped in her tracks as the flame rapidly grew in size and formed a body.

250px-Fire_elemental_1.jpg

Once it formed a body she eyes widened in shock and fear,"What on earth?! The creature is a lvl 16 Fire Fiend! They forgot to mention that in the forums!"She said in a scared medium pitched voice.She wanted to turn and run but she knew if she did it would use a long distance fire attack.There was no way she could escape so she prepared to face it,"There's no way that I'm going to die without a fight!"She yelled scared but determined.

She opened her spell book to the page for protection spells and tightened her grip on her sword.As soon as the creature roared at her she quickly charged forward with her long red hair flowing in the wind.The creature launched a volley of fire balls toward her,"I hope this works..."She says unsure.She focused on her spell book and it began to glow with a white light,"Respinge!"She yelled out in determination.Then when the fire balls were about to hit a barely visible barrier appeared around her protecting her from them.The barrier lasted about a minute which was long enough for her to reach the creature.She smirked,"Lega!"She said with confidence.

Focusing on the creature she pointed her short sword at it and it fired off a spell.The moment the light blue spell hit the Pyro Fiend it was completely bound by a blue glowing rope.Then she swiftly leaped into the air and held her right arm up preparing her swords skill.As she did the creature suddenly broke free shattering the rope into blue pixels that vanished.Her golden yellow eyes widened in shock and fear,'My spell...it wasn't strong enough...I hope I can manage this attack.'She thought worried.Her sword took on a red glow then she swiftly slashed downward as she fell cutting into the creature.This caused it's health bar to drop by 1/10 of the health it had.Once she landed on the ground she swiftly leaped into the air but this time the creature grabbed her leg.When it had her left leg she screamed out in pain before it through her to the ground causing her health bar to drop by 2/10.

Suddenly it used an attack that looked like it had a flame thrower,"Devia!"She quickly yelled and held out her short sword.As soon as she did it glowed red and spell seemed to push the fire back toward the creature.That made it hard for it to see so she stood and activated her skill again making her sword glow red.Then she leaped off the ground with her right leg and cut off it's left arm.It's arm shattered into pixels disappearing and it's health bar dropped showing it lost 2/9 of it's health now.She landed on the ground rolling to avoid more of the fire balls it launched.

Suddenly she charged toward it ignoring the pain she felt in her leg and zigzagging to avoid fire balls.So far it was working and once she activated her skill she slashed her sword bisecting it.Then she swung it again in a downward diagonal slash before stabbing it in the chest After she did it's health bar emptied and it shattered into pixels that vanished.

Now she stood injured,tired and breathing heavy,"That was tough...but I did it.I really did! I knew I could!"She said proudly and smirked.Then a white window appeared in front of her showing the XP and gold she earned.She pressed the window and it vanished.Shortly after another window appeared telling her that she had reached lvl 15.She smiled and pressed it causing it to vanish too.Now a third window appeared showing that she had gotten a rare drop.She looked at the window surprised,"Huh?What's this?"She said curiously.The image only showed a small flame but she pressed on it and pixels gathered in front of her forming a tiny fire.

Her eyes watched in amazement as an egg appeared within the fire and the fire vanished completely.The egg was the size of an ostrich egg and looked like flames were painted on it.She picked it up and waved her hand to bring up her main menu.After she selected her inventory she selected to store the egg.Then she smirked,"I can't wait to find out how much this egg is worth...since it's rare and all!"She said excited and limped to a near by boulder.Then she sat down to let her health,energy and power bars recharge.

Last edited:
Kiku watched as a girl called a bunch of other players noobs before porting. Well,that was somewhat amusing. She looked down at her hip, her Katana in place and she knew her twin daggers were hidden among her clothes. She sighed, stretching before scanning the area around her with curious golden eyes. She didn't have any friends in the game so far, why not make some now?

((Level 15 magmar. Really. You had trouble killing that. Magmars are so weak I can beat them with grass types that are 5 levels lower than themselves! Also I'm guessing everyone else is also just waiting for Haruka to make something happen?))

Mana swore she could feel bite marks on her shoulder. Looking at Nai, though, she couldn't bring herself to be angry. The small girl looked like a cat, clinging to Yui because she wanted some petting. "Sorry, Nai; I guess I was a little too excited," Mana apologized with a bow.

She took another deep breath of the air, just because it was there to breathe. "I'd be delighted to join you at your house! Although... I was kinda hoping there would be something special happening here. It just feels like there should be a big announcement, or a parade, or manna falling from heaven. Ah! That's not my Mana, though; manna is like a bread, while the mana I'm named for is magical energy. For magic-users, Mana is Power; for a Sprite, Mana is Life. I guess you could say I named myself a Powerful Existence--or maybe a Forceful Presence." Mana paused, grinned wide, and gave the pair a wink. "Or maybe it just sounded good at the time."

There she went rambling again. It was a silly thought that Aoi could be a forceful presence, but now that Aoi had been left in the other world and Mana stood tall (or short), maybe she could be. This was Heaven's Boundaries--not Aoi's Boundaries--and Mana knew how to be anything she wanted to be. And right now, she wanted to be fed. "I'll follow you, Yui."

"This is... this is..." Jake began to spin in a circle, taking in the scenery around him, a look of awe covering his eyes, "This is amazing! I wonder what script they used for this? I mean, virtual reality has it's limitations. They probably created their own code that was designed for something like this. I mean, all companies tend to have their own engine, but something like this is incredible!" He began to ramble on. He'd stopped spinning in circles, which was good because players around him had begun to look at him funny, even the confused ones who were experiencing the same thing as him.

He was knocked off his brief excitement when he felt something hit his leg from the momentum spinning in a circle provided. He was only then realizing the physical traits about himself. He looked down to see what had hit him, and his eyes lit up with joy as he caught a glimpse at the hefty pair of hammers strapped to his waist. Slowly he began to reach for the handles, half expecting that when he'd touch them something disastrous would happen, like they'd disappear, or he'd wake up from a dream. He felt the worn leather of their handles brush lightly against his hands, closing his eyes slightly and cringing. He began to wrap his hands around it, and when he realized it was safe, he heaved both the weapons out of their straps and raised them into a battle stance. He was shocked at the muscle growth about him, making the impossible task he'd just accomplished possible.

"They're real!" He looked shocked, just then realizing the change in his voice, "This is awesome!" He began testing out his voice, even though it sounded muffled to him. "I am the Forger of Chaos, Master Smith!" He couldn't help but to laugh at what he was saying. Placing one of his hammers back into it's strap, he reached with his free hand to his face. His elbow hit the shield he had strapped onto his back, which he'd not noticed until then. He looked back to it, but didn't take it out and test it like he had his hammers, continuing to raise his hands to his face. He smacked the metal of the wielding mask bound to his head, shocked at the piece of armor. He began to feel around on it, the touch of the bolts and his eye visor feeling rough against the skin on his hands.

"Alright, Ok." He began to calm from his initial excitement as the situation began to press down on him,"I'm still in a game. I had a quest to do. A smithing quest! Now all I need to do is figure out the GUI." He thought deeply about how he would go about doing this, but was pleased to notice a girl not far off wave her hand through the air, "Alright, it's worth a shot." He waved his own hand, and the menu was displayed in front of him, tinted slightly red from his visor, "Fascinating. They even managed to keep the GUI to scale during the conversion." he flicked to the inventory, a screen full of random stuff he'd collected since joining the game filling his vision. "I guess I could probably sell some of this stuff. I'm sure not all of it is used for crafting..." He closed the inventory, having not organized it at all, "It can wait for later. Right now I really just want to try hitting something with one of these." He threw the hammer he was wielding in between his two hands, testing out the weight of it. "This is going to be good."

((Level 15 magmar. Really. You had trouble killing that. Magmars are so weak I can beat them with grass types that are 5 levels lower than themselves! Also I'm guessing everyone else is also just waiting for Haruka to make something happen?))

((What? Seriously? I thought I made the name for the creature up or at least I tried to.Where does it actually exist at? I need to make up a new creature name then and search it to make sure it does exist.That or use the name of something tougher that is fire based.Do you know of anything that's fire or lava based that's tough enough to be somewhere challenging?Or maybe I should raise it's lvl.

I guess so.At first I didn't know what to but an idea popped in my head so I went with it.I hope I didn't jump the gun just to find out I should have stayed in the starter town.Which so far has no name.))

((A magmar is a weak fire type pokemon. I'm assuming its some sort of lava golem. I guess i'd have just called it "lava golem" actually. :P))

Yui set off walking, weaving through the crowds of NPCs and players alike who were browsing the market stalls. She took a left turn down a less packed street, taking deep breaths of the light, fresh air. It had a sharp taste, and felt pleasant to inhale, a stark contrast to the dense air that was filling the gloomy room she had until recently been crouched in. She took long strides, as the Ragnarok was considerably taller than Yui's real life form and she was not yet used to the speed difference. She had an air of confidence about her, something that could not be seen outside of the game, except on the shoulders of great aristocrats and politicians. As she walked she realised her mood was much to philosophical to waste on conversation so she started examining the exact effects of the conversion.

The first thing she noticed was that the system had spared no effort simulating realistic responses to stimulants - indeed, her hunger was real, and so was the weight that she felt on her back from carrying so many items in her interdimensional storage bag. Since she had been hunting bosses for a good length of time before the transfer, her bag was overflowing with various uncommon items. Countless Chaos Soul Shards were the main offenders, which were so dense she had trouble carrying them all in her now limited inventory.

On the other hand, living inside this world did also bring other benefits. She felt much more at ease with herself than she had done previously, and no longer felt she had been born into the wrong life. Her recluse qualities had all but disappeared. She also knew the considerable advantage she would now have over the other players, especially those who hadn't been as quick to work out the skill system.

She paused as she stepped over the boundary between the safezone of the starting town and the neutral zone of the sunny meadow. As expected, a small notification appeared in the top corner of her vision to mark the transfer between zones, although it was somewhat reduntant because the monsters here were barely deserving of the title "level 1 training boar". She followed the winding pathway between the rolling crests, and noticed that she was able to feel the calming sunlight on her skin, and she could smell the sweet aroma of the small flowers that dotted the landscape. It was a strange thing. She had never smelt flowers before. She hadn't even encountered a flower vendor on the streets of the town she used to live in.

She slowed somewhat to throw a sword swing at a boar that had been given an aggressive AI, and had decided to stumble into her attack range. Apparently aggressive didn't necessarily mean intelligent. The body collapsed, and sparkled as it disintigrated. Yui stood and watched as Nai leapt forward and scooped up the bronze coin before it fell to the ground. She decided to start talking once again.

"You'll have to forgive me for the state of my house. I've only been using it as storage really. I did install a kitchen area and a second bedroom though, more for convenience than anything else. I didn't want to have to trek all the way into the crafting district to level up my cooking skill, and beds are free at the furniture vendor here so I thought I may as well turn the empty room into something useful. I don't think beds have any ingame purpose though. Except of course as somewhere to sleep, now that that has become somewhat of a necessity."

Mana had to hop-skip in an attempt to keep up with Yui's long strides, but it wasn't working. As Yui and Nai wove through the crowd, Mana tipped off-balance and dove straight into a book stall. The players around her laughed, while the NPC selling the books looked angry. Aoi cringed. Then she remembered she was supposed to be Mana. She apologized to the vendor, paid for the book she'd apparently damaged (the spine looked perfectly fine to her, but she wasn't going to make a bigger scene), and ran down the first alley she found.

Yui and Nai were long gone, so Mana spent a frantic few moments learning her basic controls. Once she had the menu open, it was simple enough. "Sorry!" she whispered to Yui. "You're marked on my map, so I'll catch up in a bit. Go ahead without me for now."

What she didn't say was that Aoi was having a small panic attack. Dozens of people had seen her trip over her own feet into a stall, and they'd laughed at her. She crouched against the wall and held her shoulders, trying to stop her trembling. Those laughing mouths, those judging eyes that had been surrounding her... the images wouldn't go away. She needed something else to get rid of them. Mana looked at the book she held in her hands, the one she'd just purchased. A book would help. Books always helped.

When Mana cracked it open, the entire book was blank. She stared at it for a while, uncomprehending. She'd just paid for an empty book. Mana felt like an even bigger idiot--but at least the laughter in her ears had ceased. She stored it in her inventory, then pulled out her own book to read for a few minutes.

-----

"Hey there! Are you looking for a party to join?"

A group of three young men approached Kiku. The one who called out--the apparent leader--was an incredibly handsome knight; his blonde hair curved just right over his forehead, and his clear, blue eyes shone with confidence. His friends were attractive as well, one an Elven Archer and the other a Human Rogue. Their gear, while not top-notch, was visibly better than what most players were using--a testament to both their strength and the time they'd put in over the last three days.

"Uh, yeah, I guess." She replied, mildly surprised that someone was talking to her. She had been focused on leveling up the past three days she hadn't thought of interacting with too many people, plus this persona-though friendly-apparently intimidated just a few others...maybe it was the fact that she was blunt at times while speaking her mind an offending others occasionally...or maybe the way she frowned?

Yeah, that was probably why. She looked at the three curiously, wondering why they bothered talking to her...but at the same time was elated to have anyone talk to her. Why not make some friends-or allies-while stuck in this world?

Mana finished the chapter, took a deep breath, and stored her book in her inventory. Calm once again, she opened her map and moved it to the corner of her vision. Now she could find where she needed to go... just as soon as she found her way through the huge crowd. Taking another deep breath, she set out into the square. She stopped after only a dozen steps when a suspicious exchange caught her eye. Three boys were speaking with a single girl.

"That's great! We need another swordsman to balance out our party. And, just between you and me, I think I'd go crazy if I only had these two for company." The knight smiled jokingly. His companions fidgeted a little, but they put smiles on their faces as well. Their smiles weren't quite as jovial, though; rather, Mana saw them as being... hungry. That's what had caught Mana's attention. On closer inspection, she could see that they stood a little awkwardly--leaning forward slightly as though...

Their pants are too tight.

Instantly Mana felt her blood chill. They'd all been teleported into the game, right? So... Mana looked down at the pink robes covering her body. She became very aware of the fabric touching her skin. She raised a finger to tickle behind her ear, then ran her thumb along her lips. She felt both quite keenly. As one last check, Mana spat at the ground. The fluid hit the cobblestone and stayed. And since Yui already proved people can become hungry...

Our bodies are completely real.

That carried more implications than Mana wanted. For now, though, she had to act fast. That knight was already moving his hand to send a party invite. Mana dashed to the group, calling out to them. "Hey! Hi!" She had about three seconds to adapt to the role that would let her get that girl out. The first choice that came into her mind was Miki--friendly and cheerful, someone that the girl could easily join as a friend. She ran straight up to Kiku, totally ignoring the three boys.

"You have really cool hair!" Mana complimented with a wide grin. "Ah, but I bet a lot of people already tell you that, right?" she continued seamlessly, not giving the three males a chance to interrupt. "It's just, you look so cool! I feel like, if I could party with someone like you then I'd be able to catch up with everyone."

Kiku was a little startled at the other girls sudden appearance, but gave a small smile at her sudden compliment.

"Thanks, honestly not many comment on my hair." She replied with a shrug, "Ah, so you need a party?..." Kiku asked, most of her attention and curiosity to Mana now-though she was still aware that the three boys still stood there and hadn't said a word since the other girl arrived.

"Isn't that a remarkable coincidence?" the knight cut in swiftly. "With a mage as our fifth, we would be unstoppable!"

Mana silently berated herself for leaving such a huge opening. Miki was too friendly, so of course she'd get sucked into this as well. Time for a role-change, but it would have to be one similar to Miki that could continue off that approach. Someone friendly and cheerful only to the girl, while being cold and spiteful to the boys. The only persona to surface in her mind was the one she had to go with: Suzuki-kun.

"What, is someone interrupting me?" Mana turned around lazily to see who might be there. Her eyes slowly focused on the group of three boys, only showing a spark of recognition after several long seconds. "Huh? Were you trying to pick up this beautiful girl? A bunch of lame otakus like you, you might as well give it up now. She's mine." Mana turned her back on the trio as though they were training dummies, leaving them flushed and seething in anger, and focused all her attention on Kiku. Holding her eye contact was most important; Mana held Kiku's golden gaze with her own lavender lashes and cast Mesmerize. "You would much rather come with me, right?" Mana asked, her magic fortifying the words. She leaned in close as the cast finished and placed her mouth right beside Kiku's head. "We could do so well together," she whispered sultrily, letting her hot breath tickle Kiku's ear.

Mana withdrew just enough to make walking comfortable. She wrapped one arm around Kiku's waist and tried gently leading her away. If her seduction had gone anything like the script in Mana's head said it should, the girl would at least follow for a short distance--namely, while the spell lasted. Hopefully.

Kiku blushed at the sudden change in Mana's voice before the girl began to lead her away from the three boys.

"Uh, what do you go by here? I'm Kiku." She said it in a low, awkward tone that only Mana would hear. Kiku couldn't help but feel just a bit awkward at how things turned out, but deep down she kinda didn't care for some reason. Kiku was getting just the slightest headache from over thinking things and focused on where Mana was leading her. She then looked at the other, her golden eyes curious once more.

"My name is-"

"You! Do you think you can just walk away?!"

Mana frowned. In fact, that had been her hope; but she should have guessed that they were sore losers. It was time to put Suzuki-kun away and bring Mana back out.

"I'm Mana," she finished, then turned to yell back at the knight. "PERVERTS!" she accused, sticking her tongue out. Then she grabbed Kiku's hand and started running. "If they don't chase us after that, I'm a failure as an Enchantress," Mana commented as she pulled Kiku along behind her. She still had her map open at the corner of her vision, so she could see which direction Yui and Nai had gone. It was a bit of a struggle weaving through the crowd toward the exit, but the angry shouts of their three pursuers drove Mana to put all the AGI she had into running.

"Yui Ragnarok," Mana stated under her breath to begin a whisper. "Yui, have you and Nai done any PvP yet?"

Kiku frowned as Mana was cut off by the knight, then flinched as she suddenly turned to him and accused him of being a pervert rather loudly before grabbing Kiku's hand and started running. After hearing Mana's comment her brows furrowed as she replied with a quick, "I'm sure they'll chase us. I'm also sure you're not a failure, though I haven't seen you battle or anything like that." Continuing to run, being dragged along. Her ears perked at their pursuers' shouts and Mana picking up speed, doing her best to keep up as they made their way through the crowd, adrenaline pumping as she watched the girl in front of her with the same curious gaze she had given her twice today. She wondered who Yui and Nai were, but didn't ask. Kiku figured that she'd probably find out at some point or another, and decided that her focus needed to be on running-because a sudden nervousness loomed over her, causing the hair on the back of her neck to rise.

"Damn. I guess we must have been walking too fast for her. Do you think we should go find her?"
"I'm sure she'll be fine. If she needed help she'd have asked by now."
Yui walked over to a bench and took a seat, to quickly be joined by Nai. She started checking her character page once she had got herself comfortable on the hard, unvarnished wood, and was somewhat annoyed to find that both her strength stat and sword skill was still at the same levels as they were before the transfer. She realised she'd have to get in a good fight or two before her DPS returned to normal. Nai was wondering the same, however, she was more focused on trying to work out how to use her abilities. Despite all her efforts, the lightning bolts that were being sent up into the sky were much smaller than usual, and she failed completely when attempting to use her mirroring skills. Yui watched for a short time, before having an idea.
"Nai, try focusing more on what the outcome you want is, not on actually using the ability. When I tried to use Godsend earlier, I found that simply thinking about using it didn't work, and that I had to conjure up an image in my mind of me cloaked in golden light armour and with huge golden wings. Try to think about the floating mirror shards, rather than the method of creating them."
"Yui, you really do know a lot don't you?" Nai did as advised, furrowing her brow most intensely, until it looked as if her eyes might have been physically consumed by her forehead, and as expected, this time the lightning bolt that leapt into the fountain several metres away looked more fitting for a level 13 wielding a heavily trained weapon.
"Huh. I got a PM from Mana."
"What does it say?"
"She's asking if we've done any PvP. A surprising question for sure. I thought most people had by now."
Yui responded in a basic way, as she felt a little awkward speaking to thin air. "Yeah. Why?"

I'm sure you're not a failure.

Mana felt her heart skip a beat, and her steps faltered for a moment. She smiled back at Kiku. "Thanks." Mana pushed herself with renewed vigor, now determined to save the girl who would say such a kind thing. Is it fate, then? That I met Yui yesterday, and now Kiku today? Destiny brought us into this game together. Thank you!

"We're being chased by a trio. Knight, Hunter, and Rogue. Meet us at the gate."

"Caught you!" The rogue, with his superior AGI, had made it through the crowd and was now keeping pace alongside Mana. He had one dagger out, idly playing with it as he smirked at the pair of girls. "Now why don't you stop before someone gets hurt?"

Mana gulped as she looked at that dagger. She glanced behind them and found the archer close, but the knight in heavy armor was a fair distance back. If it came to a no-damage fight, she would be at a huge disadvantage. And the gate was still some dozen blocks away. In that case...

"Kiku." Mana caught her eyes again to cast a little more magic. "You can run faster than them." Believer, and a particularly powerful one as Mana poured a quarter of her MP into it. Kiku's AGI skyrocketed, her pace increasing with it. Suddenly Kiku was running past Mana--and Mana released her hand to let her. Now Kiku could outrun the rogue; she would be safe.

"Come on Nai. We're going. Apparently Mana managed to find herself some friends."
Yui stood up promptly and headed for the gate. She noticed the faint marker that indicated someone who was on her friend list. It was moving quickly through the swarm of people, mainly NPCs, directly towards said gate. Another figure she made out to be rushing in the same direction, somewhat ahead of her friend. "Wow that's one massive speed stat..."
The next thing she noticed was the dark maroon markers that indicated an enemy. Or more specifically, a PC who had initiated combat with a friendly character. There were 3 of them, and one of them belonged to a gigantic fellow clad in heavy armour. Whoever that person was, they had a very good strength stat to be able to wear that. She only hoped that the dex and speed penalty was big enough for her to be able to easily get hits through while avoiding his inevitable heavy weapon.
"Nai, I'm going to need you to initiate a duel with those 3." Her little friend was dashing just slightly behind her, running also directly towards the centre of the street. The duel initiation must have worked, as a relatively large circular area had been cleared where the NPCs had moved away and the PCs had stepped back to observe. Now it was clear what they were up against. There was 2 of them, 3 if she counted the enchantress, and 3 of them. Fortunately, none of them seem to be wielding magic, and given their apparent classes, were probably completely unable.
She decided to target the rogue first. It would probably play the largest role in the battle, being the only character capable of matching Yui's agility. It was a lower level to herself, but then, most players were. On the other hand, it was quite a lot stronger than her companion, which could be a problem. She thought for a short time, during which the hunter attempted to launch a bow skill, however, he appeared not to have figured out skill use yet, and the dangerous-looking orange glow quickly faded as the arrow flew through the air, making a glancing hit to Yui's shoulder plate.
Nai had thoughtfully set up a Mirror spell, and was aiming it at the knight, discerning it's weaknesses, which could be incredibly useful given it's armour.
Yui decided to make a move. She targeted the rogue, making sure she felt the auto-target lock on, which should help guide her next move. She next activated Godsend. She imagined it as only a pair of light-constructed boots, and dispelled it immediately, creating a sudden boost of speed. She charged the slimy, leather-clad fiend, enjoying the heavy power she felt as her blade connected with his hastily raised arm. It was a pathetic defensive move, and thanks to the combination of a quickly activated STR-Godsend and sheer power, the hit had reduced his hovering health bar by almost half. The use of such amounts of godsend had drained a good proportion of her mana, and she resolved to keep an eye on it for the rest of the fight. She jumped back, physically using the rogue as a block to jump off, and landed a metre away, adopting a defensive pose, waiting, and observing, seeing what the rogue would do.
She did not have to wait long, as the rogue, infuriated by his low damage resistance, made an equally quick dash at Yui. He had also invested points into strength, though had more speed and had no need to use skills to run quickly. His hit was solid, and connected straight with her own upper arm, embedding the blade in her flesh. She winced a little in pain, though she observed that actually, she didn't feel that much thanks to the adrenaline. Her health bar had taken approximately 20% damage, which surprised her. The rogue's weapon had probably been refined at a blacksmith previously. She let her right arm drop, after removing the knife and throwing it to the floor, grateful that she was left handed. She spun on the spot, raising Moegara in a curving arc across her body, and at half-arm's length. The lightning-enchanted blade tore through the weak boiled leather chest plate, doing a good deal of damage. She spun again, this time bringing down her blade from above her right shoulder, it's slash connecting with his upper chest, and the impact reducing his health to zero.
She turned once more, to face her other opponents. Nai was keeping the archer distracted, and the knight, somewhat stunned by her performance, was stepping heavily towards her, great-axe raised in an intimidating manner. Yui clenched her jaw. The rogue was just warm up in comparison to this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.