The Real World is Just a Crappy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haruka

Original poster
||OOC||​

"Good morning,Japan! I am here today with Mr. Furukawa Takeshi,the man who created the most talked-about game by our youngsters here in Japan: Heaven's Boundaries! It's only been an hour since the game was distributed to our gaming stores here in the country,but it seems like all the copies of the said game have been sold! Tell me Mr. Furukawa, what's so great about this game that got all of these players to rush to the nearest store to them to get their hands on a copy ASAP?"

"Well,Heaven's Boundaries is just another MMORPG,but only the players are free to do as they please.Unlike other MMORPGs,you can customize your own character.You can either choose or make your own character's race,and even invent your own skills.But of course,we watch them as they do so we can make sure that nobody's more powerful than the other"

"Well isn't that lovely?I would love to hear more about this game,but that's all the time we have for now.This is Rima,signing off!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

"3,000 players online...it's been like that since the other day" Akira mumbled as she checked the player list count.It has been three days since Heaven's Boundaries was released,and all the lucky players including her have been all over it ever since.It was a really simple game with a lot of freedom.There were quests and monsters,and all the players easily leveled up until lvl. 15,or at least that's where majority including Akira is right now.Akira checked her computer clock.3 pm."I should eat something first...".She pushed herself away from her computer and walked out of her room and headed for the kitchen.Even though she's the only person in her house,her movements were light and quiet.She didn't take too long away from her computer.She quickly fixed herself a sandwich,poured orange juice in a glass,and headed back to her room.Although it was unnecessary,she locked her room's door behind her as she went in.

She picked her phone up and checked her messages.One message was from her friends and the other one from her mother.Ever since summer break started,her friends always messaged her and ask if she was free to hang out,but she always turned it down since summer break was the only time she was able to actually do some gaming.On the other hand,she already knew what the other message was going to be about.The messages her mom sends her always went along the lines "You have grown so much since our last visit and keep up the good work in school.Your dad and I love you very much and we hope to see you again next month".Her parents always message her something a week after they visit her,though she finds this completely unnecessary since they just saw each other.For once though,the message was different.

"Akira,we were really happy to see you again last week.But we want to apologize because it will take us a while to visit you again.Unless the schedule of our work changes,we won't be seeing you in a few months.We're really sorry honey.Always take care and we love you!"

A small disappointment came to her as she put her phone down next to her computer and sat back down.She couldn't say that she was completely sad,but of course she wasn't happy either.She probably won't even notice how they won't be visiting her now that she's really caught up with her game,right?She finished her juice and sandwich before she rolled her chair closer to the computer.

Before she could start playing again,a window popped up.A message from an anonymous player just came in.She stared at the window for a moment.What could it be?A quest?No...the window looks different and...rather plain.

Hesitatingly,she moved her cursor over the "open" button and waited for something to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: senpai
((OK me and RayChel were IC'ing as if there were 2-4 level 10s by mid-day 2, out of all the people. I'll just scale that appropriately then.))

Yui loved this world, the world titled "heaven's Boundaries." She hadn't spent more than 15 minutes in the real world in the last 3 days, and yet she had still made a few friends. First there was Nai, who she was currently teaching to "read" bosses, as in, discover their attack patterns and battle appropriately. Then there was that other girl, Mana, was her avatar's name, who she seemed to get on quite well with. She hadn't done a particularly large amount of things involving her, but she still got the impression that whoever controlled that character was very intelligent. She thought back to the quest they had met on, or more specifically, the creature that was waiting at the end of it. She still had no idea what that was, and google had been no help whatsoever.
Her thoughts were interrupted by Nai. "Hey, Yui, is Mana going to join us then? I'm getting a bit bored killing the same bosses here but we need 3 people to do the next stage, don't we?"
"Yeah that's right. I sent her an invite. She hasn't responded yet though. We might have to delay this excursion until tomorrow. She might be caught up with other things."
"Ok then. Hey, look!" Yui turned to the direction Nai seemed to be pointing. A very intimidating but relatively low level elite monster had just respawned. "Help me take this one down!"
"You know as well as I that if I join in it'll be dead before you even get to do anything though. You take this one alo" Yui's real life hand fell on the enter key slightly before she managed to finish her message. She had accidentally struck the key when a notification startled her. She never got those kind of notifications. Everyone she talked to used the ingame chat, not the PM system. "What the hell?" She clicked the marker, and waited for the message to finish loading.

Ren had literary slammed open the main door of the house open as she entered the house, Her mother had jumped a little as she heard the doof slam open and dropped her cup of tea. Her mother sighed "Darnit Ren that's the third time..." He mother said as she went into the storage room. "Sorry mumsy...But when a awesome game is out, Who wouldn't be excited to come home and play it right away!" Ren said as she ran up to her room.

As she reached her room she hoped into her chair in rolled closer to her computer desk that was covered in abstract drawings. "Ok...let's go!~.." Ren said excitedly as she logged onto the game. But the thing was a notification had stopped her from doing that when it appeared. "Huh...What's this..." Ren said curiously as she looked at the screen. It surely wasn't a quest, It was something completely different.

"Mr. Chive, thank you for bringing me to the candy store! Please make sure it gets put away properly so it doesn't melt!" Kelsii bounded through the large wooden doors the maids held open for her. For a wealthy family, the Hal's family house was quite small and quaint, and they only owned two maids and a single butler. This is mainly because her parents both owned pent houses that spanned America, France, and Japan where most of there business takes place. This is also where they held there parties and such, as the small girl was a bother during social events and they preferred them elsewhere.

Taking off her large and flowery sunhat and tossing it to the maids she scattered up the stairs to the second floor and to her room. Her Hello-Kitty stickered laptop was open and charging ontop of her maid's bed. Taking off her blue shoes and jumping onto the large violet bed-spread she crawled to her laptop. It had been the first time in a couple days she had went out, but playing video-games went hand-in-hand with eating sweet candies so she needed to stock back up on taffies and chocolates. Booting up the game she tossed her hair over her shoulder and crossed her legs at her ankles.

A knock on the door made her look up. "Come in!~" She called, her eyes flicking back down to the glowing screen in front of her.

"Miss Kelsii, thank you for accompanying me on our day to the candy shoppe, but I recommend we go back out for some tea and dinner." Chive's voice was low and worried.

"No, no. Bring a nice big silver tray up here with some truffles and... Broccoli and parmesan for dinner! I'd appreciate some green tea and ice water as well. With a little bit of lime on my water and that cute little umbrella, okay?"

"Miss Kelsii, this is the first time in three days you've been out other than showering. Which you seem to rush. I'm sure this game is great bu-"

"Mr. Chive I'm going to cut you off here, I understand your concern but I'm going to do this." She pointed at the screen, "I don't mean to be rude but I don't think you understand because your older. I've never been intrigued by a game more than a week! So the phase will be over eventually, right?" Kelsii gave the man her best smile and the gray haired man nodded with his mouth in a straight line before leaving. Kels never listened to poor Mr. Chive. Then again she paid him lots of money so he couldn't be too bothered.

Glancing down at the game and resting her chin in her palm as the door clicked shut, she realized there was a simple little window that popped up. "Another quest? Cool!" While it loaded she realized the simple structure was a message from an anon user. "Oh. What's this?"

Pfft, easy. I know exactly where to get the supplies for that. Jake quickly pushed his glasses further up onto his nose from where they were rested, so he could get a better look at the computer screen in front of him. He slwoly stretched his arms out above him, and let his eyes wander through his room. It was hard to see much since the only light came from his high tech gaming rig that sat on his desk, but his eyes slowly adjusted from the light emanating from the computer to the room around him, which was an absolute mess. There was takeout containers and wrappers littering the floor, along with sealed boxes containing his belongings which he’d not touched since he moved. The only box that was open laid beside him, the words, “The Rig” printed in black marker on the side of it, the nickname he’d given to his computer.

“Is that… my phone?” Now that he wasn't completely immersed in his game, he could hear a faint ringing through the sounds being played through his headset. Slowly, he took them off, “Crap!” he shot up from his chair, nailing his thigh on the desk, “Fffffff!” He resisted the urge to start yelling profanities as the pain spread through his leg. He quickly limped his way across the room of his apartment to where the phone was, buried underneath some trash. “36 messages?” He was shocked at how many messages had been left on his phone. The ringing stopped, and was replaced by the noise of his very angry co-worker, “Jake, I need those scripts! Come on, this next game is due out in a week!” The call ended. Jake cleared a spot on his bed and laid down on it, running his fingers through his hair. He immediately stopped as he felt the gross touch it had acquired from three days of not showering. He got up off his bed, and made his way to the only other room in his apartment, the bathroom.

While in the washroom he began to think aloud to himself, “I don’t know why we need to release the game so early. The profits from the last game are still rolling in! Besides, I just started a quest. I can get him the scripts later.” His mind had been completely engaged in the video game he’d been playing for the last three days. He quickly washed his hands, before going to the shower to briefly stick his head under the stream. Once he was done, he quickly looked around for a towel in one of the boxes, eager to get back to his game. Once he found one he wrapped it around his hair and immediately went back to his seat, careful not to hit his thigh on the wood again. He took the towel off his head and rested it onto his shoulder so he could put his headset back on. “Alright, so it needs some copper, a few gemstones, and…. What?” He’d been in the middle of reading off the first smithing quest he’d received in the game after grinding his way through countless monsters to get to level 15. He looked at the message that had been on his computer. “Stupid Anon, what do you want?” He asked, clearly angry that his quest was interrupted. He clicked on the message and watched as it began to load, the thought running through his mind that it would probably be a long time until he got those scripts to his co-worker.

"Aaaaah!" Aoi dashed back up the stairs to the waiting computer.

"Wait, Aoi! You didn't even finish eating!"

"No time, Taeko!" she shouted back at her sister. She was meeting Yui and Nai again today, and she still had to study. Bursting into her bedroom, Aoi pushed the door closed behind her and paused. Her head turned from the computer on her desk--and Mana sitting in the Florence park--to the book resting on her nightstand. It was a dilemma she didn't want to face: the daily study she enjoyed, or the game and friends that set her free. She spent a full half-second puzzling over it.

The only solution was obvious: choose both. Aoi grabbed the book and dropped into her desk chair, flipping it open to her bookmark as she reached for the mouse. With the book in her lap, she could read whenever there was a break. Now that Aoi was content with her position, Mana stood and checked her messages. As she thought, Yui had sent her an invite. She knew where to meet them, so she didn't waste time sending a response just yet; she simply took off running.

She was close when a new message appeared on her screen. Aoi opened it to read. She let out an involuntary gasp.

Anonymous said:
Have you ever felt like you were born in the wrong world?
Aoi's heart pounded in her ears. An image of her sisters flashed through her mind: successful, intelligent, famous, accomplished--they stood far above timid, little Aoi. Of its own accord, Aoi's head began to bob up and down with small motions.
What do you think about your world? Is it fun? Is it easy to live in?
Aoi's head shook. She couldn't help but think of all the people: staring at her every day; expecting her to do something; waiting for her to mess up.
What if you don't belong to this world at all?

What if you were reborn...somewhere else?
Aoi stared at those words for a time. Then, very hesitantly, she typed in her reply.
Mana said:
If I could be reborn... I would want to.

Aoi's face flushed. It was such a strange message from some strange... stranger, yet she was answering it so seriously. Why did she do that? It was just someone's idea of a prank. But...

But deep in her heart, Hoshino Aoi wished it to be something more.

Kiku was currently eating dinner with her parents, something that was rare. She ate in silence while her parents talked.

"Kiku, have you talked to your friends lately?" Her mother asked, smiling at the girl.

"Last time I talked to them was yesterday." She replied as she began to put her dishes in the sink and made her way to the stairs, barely hearing her mom's small "Oh." as she went up to her room and closed the door behind her.

She laid on her bed, opened her laptop and began to login to the game that was her new interest. She noticed the message from the anon and opened it, waiting for it to load.

Shingeki was sitting in front of his computer, passed out. He has been playing the game for almost 48 hours straight in the first two days. The third day he still played a lot, but he couldn't help as he dozed off from time to time. He was already level 14, closing in on 15. He wasn't anything special, other people were at level 15 but he wanted to get there. He wondered when the cap for levels would go higher, certainly a game that only had 3,000 copies wouldn't just have a level 15 cap. This game was so creative and different there might not even be a level cap at all, but maybe they were waiting for every character to be level 15.

Another thought was maybe each area allowed different levels? Once you hit level 15 you could go to the next area, then you could start leveling once more. He wasn't sure how the system worked, but he was almost there. Right now he was logged in, his eyes shut as he stood doing nothing in the starting town. A loud beep woke him from his slumber and he wiped some saliva from his chin. It was the ringing noise from when you received a message. His gaming system (Computer) was hooked up to the surround sound in his room, and it was turned on loud so he could drain out the people that lived below him.

"Mmm...What is this?" He blinked a few times as he saw a message that was from an anonymous user. Well, why the hell not? He pressed confirm and let the message load, wondering what it would be. He could only hope that it was something cool, it normally was whenever you got a random message from someone that was being secretive. Or at least, on an older MMO that he played.

Ayumi was sitting in her cushioned black computer chair alone with the door to her room closed.She was online on her laptop playing Heavens Boundaries.She had been playing the game for three days so far and was nearly at lvl 15.Everything in her room looked untouched except for her bed since she had gotten some sleep earlier.Some sleep only being 4 hours since she didn't want to be away from the game to long.She would only leave her room to use the bathroom or shower.

Otherwise she had her brother to bring her food so she could keep playing the game.It was the best game that she had ever played so far and she was glad her brother bought it for her.He on the other hand was starting to think that buying it hadn't been a good idea.She was spending more time playing the game instead of spending time with him now.Her eyes almost seemed to be glued to screen everytime she was online.

She typed in her offer on an item that she wanted and she hit enter.The guy that she was trading with was being stubborn about the price but she wasn't going to give up easily.She kept typing in offers,"Come on...trade me the item!"She said out loud to herself.He responded,"I already told you...I want 5000 gold for it.Why should I accept any less? There are people asking for 6500 and higher for it."His character replied folding his arms.

She was really starting to get annoyed with him,"Look...either you sell me the item for 4000... Or I'll..."She saw the male port out before she could even finish her second sentence.She was fuming mad now and was about to port to another town.Suddenly a message popped up on her screen,"What's this? A message from an annon? I wonder what they want."She said curiously and clicked on the message.

After waiting for it to load she read it and oddly enough she started typing.Her reply was,"If I could be reborn somewhere else,I would gladly leave my life behind in a heartbeat.That's wishful thinking though..."She typed then clicked to send her pm.

Last edited:
Yui sat almost completely still as she read the message. A blank silence filled her small bedroom, and it echoed dully off the walls, making the entire world seem cavernous and empty. It was so cavernous and empty that Yui was completely unaware that her parents were trying to get her to go downstairs. She then read the message another two times to make sure she knew what it said, and each time the room and the outside world felt even more distant. The message reminded her of a story she had once read, although the only thing she remembered about it was that it had been a bit scary at the time. She thought it over for a short while, and eventually responded. "Of course I do. Quite often I think about it for a few seconds, however, what you are hypothesising to me is impossible. It is nothing more than a hypothesis."

Once Ren was down reading the message she was questioning if this anon was a mind reader. Even though she loved being with her friends and family the real word just wasn't enough for her. She soon began to type on her keyboard. The low sounds of the keys on the keyboard clicking cutting off the silence in her room "Of course i would...It would be cool to be reborn especially if i'm born somewhere better than here." She replied to the message before hitting send.

Hello,player.

I see you have been actively participating in Heaven's Boundaries,yes?I want to thank you for that.How have you been?
I'm not going to make this long.I know you have been exposing yourself to video games a lot lately,even before this game existed.Why do you play video games anyways?

For entertainment?A mere time-killer?
Are you sure that's your reasons?
Or is it to escape this judging world?To escape your loneliness?To be someone you wish you were right now for once?

What do you think of your world?Is it fun?Is it easy to live in?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...H-huh?" Akira blankly stared at the message for a moment,her fingers resting on her keyboard.Where is this person trying to get to? Taking a deep breath and letting it out in a sigh,she started typing her response: "If it was possible for me to be reborn somewhere else,I would wish my new life there would be more free and exciting.That would be perfect..."

Without warning,her computer screen suddenly closed right after she hit 'send'."Wait,what?!" She kicked herself away from the computer and hopped onto her feet.Afterwards,all the lights in her room went off as well.She stood there in the center of her silent room as she felt fear slowly starting to rise.Before she could do anything else,a neon blue window popped up right in the center of her monitor even though her computer was completely shut.Slowly and hesitantly,she walked over to her monitor and crouched down a little to read what it said.

"Re...start?"

She slowly reached her hand out towards the screen and was about to touch the window when same colored pixels started to spread out on her monitor screen from the window,and then out until her whole computer was covered in blue pixels,and then her room until she found herself standing in a neon blue room with only her being in a different color.

"W-what is happening!?" she exclaimed,but it seemed like nobody would be able to hear her at all.Panic added up to her building fear when she saw her arms and legs starting to get covered with the weird pixels that seemed to appear out of nowhere and was crawling up to her body.Not wanting to see anymore of it,sheclosed her eyes shut and simply braced herself.

She didn't open her eyes again until she felt a gust of wind blow upwards from below her feet that also lifted her hair over her head.But when her hair fell over her shoulders,they were in a light blue color."What..." She looked at her surroundings, trying to make something off of her hazy vision.She was surrounded by people of different races and classes, just like in the game she was just playing, and all seemed as confuse as she was.She held her hands in front of her, then looked down at her body.

And there she came to her conclusion that she's not in the real world anymore.

((Note: The color of the window+pixels is the general color of your in-game avatar[i.e., since my character's outfit(and her hair color) is consisted of mostly light blue,I chose the pixels to be neon blue,the neon part just added bc its all...technology stuff *shot*]))​

Hello,player.

I see you have been actively participating in Heaven's Boundaries,yes?I want to thank you for that.How have you been?
I'm not going to make this long.I know you have been exposing yourself to video games a lot lately,even before this game existed.Why do you play video games anyways?

Or is it to escape this judging world?To escape your loneliness?To be someone you wish you were right now for once?

~~~~
He thought about it for a brief moment and typed in his answer. What, you thought you would get to see his answer? Fat chance, it was only one person he sent it to. His computer screen turned off and he raised his eyebrow. Did he accidentally unplug his monitor again? Wouldn't be the first time that happened. Looking under the desk to check on the wires, they were all connected and he sat back up, seeing his computer screen back on saying the word. 'Restart' well what the fuck did that mean.

Grabbing his mouse, the pixels seemed to come out of the screen and cover him, his first instinct was to close his eyes. Which he did and something felt off, he felt the gust of wind and the sound of people talking. Well, the talking he would pass of as the video game, but did he leave a window open? Cracking open his eyes he saw that he was in the world of Heavens Boundaries, he was in the town he was idling in. He recognized the structures.
"Whoa..." He didn't know what happened, or how it happened, but he was excited.

He glanced around, how would he bring up his items bar and everything now? Why didn't he feel tired anymore. This world was amazing! Looking at his hands, he didn't want to seem like an idiot but he really wanted to test and how to bring up the window bar and what not. He may be level fourteen, closing in on fifteen, but he would have to re-learn everything and how to fight once more.

Ren was confused when her cobputer screen turned off and had checked if the plugs had gotten unplugged. Once she looked back at her computer she saw that very word 'Restart'
"Huh...Restart?" She mumbled to herself before she was about to move her mouse, But the sky blue pixels that were engulfing her stopped her from doing that.

"Woah~" Ren said excitedly, Her eyes lit up with amazement she closed her eyes as she embraced herself and had soon opened them when she felt the gust of wind blowing against her. Her eyes lit up more and widen. She couldn't believe what she was seeing, This was all starting to feel like a dream. Was she really in Heaven Boundaries. "So...cool..." She managed to say.

Hello,player.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Jake leaned back on his seat, "What a strange question..." He pondered it slightly, then threw the towel that rested on his shoulders carelessly to the ground. He leaned in and stared at the screen as he begun his reply, "If it were possible, which it clearly isn't, I'd gladly be reborn somewhere else." As he typed this his mind had begun thinking of the state of his life. Sure, he was smart and somewhat successful in his career, but that didn't stop the loneliness that plagued him every waking moment of his life. Video games were all he had, save for a few robots and inventions he'd created over the years as some form of interactions, inventions that were probably coated in dust in a trash yard somewhere. Stupid parents... I can't believe they threw away my only form of interaction. He sighed, having finished typing out his sentence. Using his pointer finger, he pushed down lightly on the enter key, and was plunged into darkness.

"My computer!" He cried out, realizing it had just shut off on him, "But I was just about to do a quest!" He shouted into the darkness, the only source of light having shut off. He looked under his desk to try to figure out what the cause of his dilemma had been, but he couldn't see anything through the darkness. A strange red light began to glow from his computer, providing enough light for him to see everything was still plugged in, "Well that's odd... Wait, if my computer's shut off, where's the light coming from?" He sat back up in his seat, nearly hitting his head on the desk as he did so, "Maybe the power grid went out. Even then though, I have my backup battery." He looked over to the battery he'd kept on his desk as an emergency power supply in case a situation like this happened.

The red light shone off his face, casting an eerie backdrop onto the room behind him. "Restart?" He read the words on his computer screen aloud. No way, my computer couldn't have crashed. Still, he moved the mouse over the button, and clicked onto the red window. To his amazement, the pixels began to leave his screen and slowly took over his room, engulfing everything in a neon red, "Am I going to hell?" He questioned, Seeing nothing but the eerie red around him. He couldn't take it anymore, and shut his eyes finding sanctum in the darkness it provided. He felt the light disappear from in front of his eyes, and hesitantly began to open them. He nearly fell back in amazement, "Wh-what is this?" He looked to the world around him, the scenery feeling awfully familiar, "No, it can't be." He slowly shook his head as he scanned his surroundings in amazement, "Am I... Am I in Heaven's Boundaries?!?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, player.

I see you have been actively participating in Heaven's Boundaries, yes? I want to thank you for that. How have you been?
I'm not going to make this long. I know you have been exposing yourself to video games a lot lately, even before this game existed. Why do you play video games anyways?

For entertainment? A mere time-killer?
Or is it to escape this judging world? To escape your loneliness? To be someone you wish you were right now for once?

What do you think of your world? Is it fun? Is it easy to live in?

Kelsii's eyes scanned the computer screen, her groomed eyebrows knit together. "Mmm, what a weird question?" Running a single manicured finger lightly over the keys she pondered her response. Stopping on the space bar, she used the track pad to click 'Reply' and typed her answer. "You ask a lot of questions, Sir. I have been well, enjoying my candy and this game. I enjoy gaming, I enjoy your silly questions. Of course I'd enjoy to be reborn somewhere else, I mean if I'd have more meaningful of a place there! Who wouldn't want that? That's why your question is so silly! Thank you anyway Sir Anon. I hope my response is helpful."

Running the tip of her tongue over her bottom lip she slowly and deliberately pressed ":" than ")" at the end of her message, hitting enter. It wasn't often people spoke to her, so the happy feeling that bubbled up in her obviously showed on her face. Glancing sideways to check out her nails then looking back down her happiness fizzled. "Hey! My computers off!" Kelsii squealed. "Who did tha- Ah!" The lights gave a quick flicker and she sat upright with a bounce to her childish blonde hair. For a minute she stilled, but she already knew what was coming when the lights fell dark. The lights always flickered a few seconds before turning off, but mom never had the time to hire anyone to fix it. With a soft whimper Kelsii turned her head. "Chive! I don't like the dark..."

The soft red light of the computer screen glowed, and Kelsii looked with her wide blue eyes. The red light almost made her eyes seem like a shade of violet. Staring at her laptop she read the words over three or four times "Re start?" with a curious look and a soft touch of the keyboard the small girl was yet again startled as red began to take over the screen, the laptop and the room.
"Chive... I'm scared..." She whispered, as the red pixels crawled up her bed and onto her body. She stood on the mattress to get away, but it was too late. Like some contaminate the red crawled up her body and onto her. Falling back down to her knees in fear she made a soft noise and covered her face as if to protect it.

When she looked up tears stuck in the corners of her eyes and there were people all around. Looking down she gasped and fell backwards, her hands were much paler and fingers longer than her normal skin. Along her fingers were two unrecognizable rings. "Where... Where am I?"

As soon as she sent the message her computer screen suddenly went dark,"Hey,what's going on?Did my computer just shut off?"She tried clicking with her mouse but nothing happened.Then her computer screen came back on showing a
red window on the center of it.She was confused about what was going on as she read it,"Restart." She pondered what it meant. "That's weird.I hope it doesn't mean the game."She said to herself.

She slowly moved her mouse toward it when red pixels started to spread out from the window.They rapidly spread covering her whole computer and then they traveled up her arm.In a panic she fell back onto the floor in her chair.Then she scrambled to her feet and watched as the pixels spread over her room engulfing it."What is this?! What's happening?!" She ran to her bedroom door and tried to open it but it seemed to be stuck,"Suzaku,help me!"She was beating on the door and she was so scared that she shut her eyes.

Then she felt a gust of wind blow upward from beneath her feet which blew her hair up.Once she felt her hair fall back down she could hear laughter and talking.So she took a deep breath and opened her eyes,"Where am I?" She looked at her surroundings and walked to a near by water fountain.When she looked into it she could see the reflection was of her character.Her eyes widened,"Am I in...Heaven's Boundaries?!" She shook her head not wanting to believe it.

Then she shut her eyes,"You're dreaming...you're only dreaming now wake up!"She opened her eyes and nothing had changed.She didn't understand how this could be or where to even begin.Then a thought dawned on her and she smirked,"Regardless of whatever is going on...I should make the best of it."She folded her arms and nodded in agreement with herself.

Then she looked around the town at other characters,"Also I need to get Grace of The Gods from some where.I'll need more gold first so I should go questing.I'm sure it can't be that hard for me to fight like this. She threw a punch just to test it out then grinned from ear to ear.

Last edited:
Hello, player.

I see you have been actively participating in Heaven's Boundaries,yes? I want to thank you for that. How have you been?

I'm not going to make this long. I know you have been exposing yourself to video games a lot lately,even before this game existed. Why do you play video games anyways?

For entertainment? A mere time-killer? Are you sure that's your reasons? Or is it to escape this judging world? To escape your loneliness? To be someone you wish you were right now for once?

----------

Kiku stared at the message before her. What strange questions. After ponderingher answer for a few moments, she began to type, fingers typing at a quick pace. Once done, she clicked send. Then, the laptops screen went black almost immediately, followed by her roomslight suddenly flickering and going out as well leaving her in the dark.

"Huh? What happened?" Kiku muttered, brows furrowed. She stared for a few moments before a dark blue light emanated from the device, the word 'Restart' in the middle of the screen.

A light frown appeared on the girl's face as she brought her hand forward. Suddenly, the entire laptop was covered in dark blue pixels that spread and covered her whole room before beginning to crawl up her like some type of creature trying to swallow her whole. She squeezed her eyes tight and gasped as the pixels fully enveloped her.

She felt a breeze blow by and took a moment before opening her eyes to a rather familiar place. She quickly looked down at herself and took a small, sharp intake of breath.

Aoi jumped back from the computer as the pink spread to consume it. She clutched her book tightly to her chest and watched in wide-eyed silence. She knew what was happening: that strange message was from aliens and she was being abducted, just like the heroine in "Sojourn in Space." But at least they were polite aliens who were abducting her only after obtaining her (unsuspecting) consent. Or maybe her computer had become intelligent and thought her life was too much to bear, so it was going to turn her into a digital person who would roam the internet until her destined love rescued her--just like in "Save Profile."

As the wave of pink reached Aoi and began to climb, the actress in her took over. Aoi threw her arms out wide dramatically--careful not to let her book go--shut her eyes, and turned her head upward as the pink swallowed her hair. Just before her face was drowned, Aoi smiled and whispered, "Goodbye, Aoi."

She waited for something--her body to be deconstructed, a mysterious voice speaking, maybe a feeling of falling for hours--but she didn't feel anything like that. Her feet still stood on level ground, the wind was blowing, and background chatter filled the air. Aoi cracked her eyes open curiously.

Both eyes shot open and she looked around. Self-consciously, Aoi pulled her arms back to her body--a wave of relief flooding her when she found her book still in her grasp. She was certainly not in her room; she was in the starter town for Heaven's Boundaries. She recognized the vendors lining the street, the shop signs hanging above her, and the large plaza filled with confused-looking people. Looking down at her body, Aoi recognized the pink robes that she wore and the grimoire tied to her belt. She could even feel the weight of her dagger--Iron Talon--in her sleeve.

But there was a lot she didn't recognize, as well: the weight of the things she carried; the taste of the wind; the smells carried from the bakery; the crunch of cobblestone beneath her light boots--all of these were things she had never experienced before now. She had seen the game, and she had heard the game; now she could taste it, touch it, breathe it! Aoi--no. Mana stood there blissfully for several long moments, relishing the world she was standing in. If it was a dream, she wished to not wake up for a long, long time. If it wasn't a dream... She wanted to know who had accomplished such a wonderful thing. She wanted him to appear before this crowd and lead them in celebration.

(No way I can copy paste on this so no way i'm printing that message again :P)
(And since theres no italics button, then anzthing with / around it is Yui's thought processes.)

"Restart?" /What could that mean?/ She hadn't been particularly concerned about the screen failing. It did that from time to time, but after a restart, the screen then showed a second restart button? That was peculiar. Seeing no other option, even after turning the computer off and on again, she decided to click the button. If she couldn't get the computer running there was nothing else for her to do anyway. Suddenly, the screen went dark again. /Wait, was that the screen? No! That was my vision!/

Yui frantically opened her ezes as wide as she could. Despite trying everything, she could see nothing beyond the strange, almost eerie, aqua blue glow that was forming an aura around the walls of the room. "What is this place?" Before her question could be answered, the mysterious walls disintigrated, and Yui found herself standing on solid ground once more. There were cobbles under her feet, and the light buzz of frantic conversation could be heard throughout the area. She looked around, and noticed that many of these buildings seemed very familiar. Indeed, there was the building she had met Nai in just an hour before. She also noticed that her clothes were no longer the scruffy mess that she was wearing in front of her monitor, and had indeed been replaced by the half-plate armour that the Ragnarok wears. Similarly, a long, aetherial, crystalline sword appeared to have attached itself, scabbard and all, to her back, and she could feel a great sense of power flowing through her veins, where blood should be. Of course, she knew the blood was probably still there, but now it held a chaotic force bound to it's mass. She knew at once that she had assumed the place of her HB character.
She surprised even herself with how well she handled the transfer, and realised she finally felt in her element, giving off an aspect of intimidation to the lower levels that scuttled around her glorious figure like little ants trying to avoid the gaze of the omnipotent godlike anteater that walked among them. She tried using a skill, to see if it worked, and found, unsurprisingly, that Godsend was as easy to activate as presing the 3 key had been earlier on. She also found she had a much greater amount of control over what she did, and that when she spoke, others were fully able to hear her. Apparently, inventory management still seemed to exist normally, as did all the other menus, except for the system menu. Meaning there was no going back now. But then, the strange never bothered her anyway. She now turned her attention to the others about her. It wasn't hard to tell those who had transferred from those who hadn't. Those who had moved and spoke like humans, while those who still remained infront of a screen still moved in jagged bursts and spoke in hovering speech bubbles. She was also unsurprised to see her most recently gained friend standing with the same sort of stunned expression she wore minutes beforehand. Yui started walking over, and experimented with speech, to see if she had converted or if she was just AFK. "Mana!" It was a simple expression, but would gain her attention. /Crap./ Yui had apparently noticed Nai too, who had obviouslz converted. "Why'd she have to go convert?"

Status
Not open for further replies.