The Real World is Just a Crappy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I say we take the mountain route. We're still getting used to the system changes, and it'll be a good way of working out what we can and can't do, and how to do things that are now more difficult. I know potion use is no longer going to be instantaneous, so I'll need significant lengths of time in combat against hordes to see if theres still a reliable way of using them. Additionally, I'm only a small amount of XP off level 27, and I can gather that on the way."

"I want to go through the mountain too. I've lost huge amounts of speed with my spellcasting and I can't even figure out how to use my higher level abilites." Nai demonstrated this by conjuring a weak bolt of lightning, aimed at a candlestick on the table. She had to charge for almost 2 seconds before there was enough power to send it flying into the back wall, an action that was until recently instantaneous. "Oh yeah, there's also meant to be a really cute monster thingy in those caves and I want to see one."

"Either way, we ought to get moving soon if we want to be there before sundown. The town portal and Ukia are both in the same direction from here, so we can decide on the way if needs be." Yui stood up and used the quick-equip button on her inventory panel to place Moegara on her back.

Kiku listened to the conversation with interest, humming quietly to herself as she did so. She watched as Yui stood, equipping her weapon shortly after. Her gaze then went from her, to Nai, and finally Mana. At this point, her humming stopped and she was smiling before she could stop herself from doing so. She didn't have anything to say at the moment; not really in the mood to start a conversation. Kiku wondered what will happen next. There wasn't too much of a difference between the two personas besides that in this second home Kiku tries to be a little more social, less quiet. So, she was torn between staying silent, or start a conversation with Mana.

Last edited:
"Through the mountains it is!" Mana was once again floored by Yui's sheer power. Level 27 nearly, while Mana was still a fledgling 12. She hasn't left her computer for three days. What kind of person is she really? Mana shook away the thought quickly, but somehow it held on to the dark corners of her thoughts. "Let's go!"

-----

The Ukian Mountains. The barrier keeping newbies from the beautiful, breathtaking flora of Florence. A single pass permitted players to travel between cities. At the center of the pass was Ukia--an encampment of barbarians who were more or less friendly to adventurers. Anyone capable of fighting her way to Ukia was alright in their book, or something like that. The wouldn't let just anybody through, though; to reach the forest on the other side, a player had to pass their test of courage.

"Well, it's really just a quest," Mana explained as they walked. "They send us into the caves, and we have to clear that dungeon. Ithor the Titan built the Ukian Mountains as a prison for Remula after she refused to be his wife. Her despair summoned darkness to fill the caves, taking on the form of beasts. It is said that the deepest, darkest caverns hold your deepest, darkest fears." Mana paused long enough to realize the odd looks being sent her way. "Or that's the lore behind it, anyway," she finished with a cough.

"So, um, Kiku. Do you read the lore?" Mana asked, trying to shift attention off herself.

"Deepest, darkest fears? Sounds like fun. I don't even know what mine are." Yui turned after a couple of seconds, as she realised that she could now only hear 3 sets of footsteps. "Hey, Nai, you OK? Did you forget how to walk?"

"Are you sure we can't go around the bandit camp? I don't think this test of courage is such a great idea..."

Yui stopped smirking when Nai didn't throw a bolt at her, as her usual reaction to taunting was. "Why... do you know what's in there?"

"No... but if it's said to reflect our fears, well... I suspect it's going to be very dangerous. We shouldn't be going in unless we've made sure we have a reliable escape route. I think even you'll find this one challenging."

"It'll be fine. I've never lost, remember? I have no intention of starting now."

"No, I don't read the lore. But, it sounds interesting." Kiku replied to Mana's question, interest evident on her face as she stood beside the enchantrest. Then she turned to regard Yui and Nai as they spoke.

She thought for a moment. She didn't know what her fears were either. But, she could somewhat understand where Nai was coming from regarding the dangers of what they're about to head into.

Time had gone by since the egg had hatched and Arashi still couldn't believe what had happened.It had been at least an hour or so ago based off of the time on her display screen.Itwas strange but as she was resting from fighting another creature she found herself thinking back to it.

~Once she was holding it she could feel it shaking around in her hands then it slowly began to crack open.Her eyes widened,"What's going on? It looks like it's hatching,but into what?"She said surprised and curious.She hoped that what ever it hatched into would have double if not triple the eggs value.Silently she watched as the egg cracked up and shook more violently then she laid it down.Feeling scared of what might hatch from the egg she slowly started to back away from it,"I don't know what it's going to be but I'm getting back in case it's viscous.It's not going to get the chance to attack me."She says cautiously as she anxiously watches it.

The egg cracks open enough for her to get a slight look inside and small creature finally breaks out.She readies herself for a fight then she blinks her eyes as she looks at the tiny creature.She puts her sword and book away and slowly approaches it,"Is that a..."She pauses in mid sentence in awe of the creature before her.

baby_dragon+2013.png

A baby fire dragon sitting in front of her and looked up at her before standing on shaky legs only to fall down.She smiled at it and knealed down offering it her hand to smell,"I can't believe it.I actually have my own baby Fire Dragon.I'm really lucky because they're so rare that only a dozen players have one and they're tough to capture."She said excited.The young dragon sniffed her hand then nuzzled it's short snout against it in acceptance of her.She couldn't help but feel a warm fuzzy feeling inside as she started to pet it's head.Then she began to think,"Hmm...what should I name you?For starters...I should find out what you're gender is."She said thinking out loud.She opens the window that tells the info on the hatchling and reads it,"Ah I see...you're a male.Now to pick a name for you."She said and begin thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.