The Punchline (Moose X Unbound)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Joker nodded to Harley and stood up for the guards to come take him away, he knew he had her. She would come with him, and the fun would begin.

James brought the Joker a normal breakfast, well, normal for him, provided by the asylum, eggs, sausage, no bicuit though, a mild disappointment eclipsed by the fact that James brought him a slice of blueberry pie as well, "Hey there Mister Joker, Miss Quinnzel seemed in an especially good mood when she came in today. I've only seen her like this when she knows she has a session with you, but I know she doesn't have a session with you today. You told her you were getting out today, weren't you?"

"Doctor." The Joker corrected, "Doctor Quinnzel."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that, Mister Joker. Doctor Quinnzel seemed in an especially good mood today. Are you getting out today?" He asked.

The Joker nodded, patting the IV bag he had prepared by taking medications from other inmates, most integral, Bane, "Yes, yes I am." The Joker said, beginning to eat his breakfast, "Mmm, the pies your wife makes are most delightful. Something I always look forward to when I inevitably come back into arkham." James left a relieved sigh, the Joker indirectly confirming for James that him and his family were safe from him, "Nothing's gonna stop it... I'd like to go to the common area and play chess after breakfast."

James nodded to himself, "Prepare extra guards for the common area in one hour, the Joker is going to play Chess against Mister Bane."

"Thank you James."

The hour passed and the Joker was taken to the common area, his chains were removed and he walked over to Bane who already had the chessboard set up. He sat across from Bane and saw he had chosen white for himself and already made the first move, pawn to E4.

"You're making the first move this time?" The Joker said, moving his knight to F6.

"Well, this is just a game, and no offence to your plan." Queen to F3, "But I made the first move in it anyways, I'm the most vital component. You better keep your word."

Pawn to C6, "Well, we're gonna be burning a bit of time playing this game, so let's try to draw it out a bit."

"I heard, people like to talk, especially when they underestimate me for my venom addiction. You took a shine to your head shrink, eh? Doesn't sound like she's the one using her situation to her advantage." Bishop to E2, "Gonna put on a show for her?"

"I sure hope so." Knight to A6, "I'd hate to be disappointed."

Harleen was indeed in a very good mood today, much more preppy and actually willing to come into the Asylum than usual. Today was the day that she said she would meet the Joker, the day he would make his cunning escape, and possibly take her with him. It made her feel giddy, butterflies in her stomach. This was thrilling, a real life changing decision.

She realised that some people may have taken notice of her extreme cheeriness, but it didn't bother her much. If things went how they were meant to today, she wouldn't be returning any time soon. And, that itself sounded like a dream, let alone escaping with the Joker of all people. She still did not understand truly what allured her so much towards him; maybe it was the mystery, chaos and freedom he had and caused, or maybe it was simply some psychopathic tendencies from deep within her own mind coming to the surface. Either way, she liked it.

So, after getting a bit of work done, seeing some of the more mediocre patients; despite all patients being mediocre to her, ever since she met The Joker, she packed her things up. She tied her hair up in a slight bun, resting gently at the back of her head, along with adjusting her glasses slightly to rest better on her nose. Then, she left her office, locking it behind her and dropping the key in her bag.

She soon got to the prisoner's common area, bypassing the guards with her ID, being let into the main area. She got some mismatched glances from the prisoners; it was odd for one of the therapists to come into the common area; but it seemed that the Joker's interest in her had at least somewhat got around, since no one made any moves. She slowly made her way over to the Joker, sitting in a spare seat next to him when she eventually got over to where he was. She didn't say anything right now, simply smiling happily as she waited for him to speak first.

The game had progressed long and the pieces were strewn about the board, the guards around the edges had become uneasy, this was something new. New was different. New was bad.

They began to nervously talk on their radios and the Joker knew that outside the common area, men were gathering, preparing fearfully for something that they knew would come. Then the guest of honor came, Harleen. Harley. Harley Quinn. The Joker smiled as she approached, his grin growing until he began to chuckle, laughter breaking out of his mouth as he continued, "Hello Doctor. I presume you've met my friend, Bane." He said, motioning towards his partner.

"I wouldn't exactly say friend." Bane said, eyeing Harleen curiously. The Joker's relationship with her, as far as he knew, was different than previous ones, used and disposable companions, like him. Bane both feared for her, and feared what she represented. The Joker was the only one he had had such difficulty dealing with on a level similar to that of Batman, but he didn't have the same attitude, didn't have the same self control. The unpredictability of the Joker's nature fueled Bane's emotions towards her, which ultimately resolved into pity, "So, this is the Doctor Quinnzel, are you here to adjust my medication?" He asked, motioning towards his IV drip of venom.

The Joker waved Bane off and turned to Harley, "So, are you here to watch the show, or participate?" The Joker asked, "I could take you with me." He offered.

Harleen mostly sat in silence as Bane talked. She had the... experience, of having met the man once or twice, but was never put on a regular basis dealing with him. To be fair, there were not many patients she had been put on a regular basis with, and if she was, they were only the overly mundane and boring sort. But now, all that was behind her, and as she heard the Joker offering to take her with him, her face lit up in joy and hope.

"Yes, I'd like to come with you." She spoke, doing her best to keep her voice level and calm, hiding the giddiness she felt in her stomach. But, even she could tell something was different, there were many, many more guards than usual now looking around the area, standing nervously. The Joker's plan had been found out, but how? Either way, she really didn't think it mattered that much. She trusted that extra guards would not phase the Joker much. But, did that mean the batman would be there? Surely if they feared a Joker break out, they would have contacted him. Now, that would be interesting.

"What's the plan?" She asked the Joker quietly, trying to deduce it herself. She was sure that it was something to do with Bane's venom, since that seemed one of the only logical explanations as to why the man was here, and seemingly involved. Was it to just brute strength their way out using Bane's venom and strength, or was there something much more complex? Perhaps a variant of the venom coming in a gaseous form through the vents? She wasn't sure, but had several theories in mind.

Bane moved his queen out intentionally to a spot where the Joker could take it with a knight. The Joker took the queen and Bane shook his head, remembering the showmanship that the Joker insisted he put on, and picked up his king, handing it over to the Joker. Bane raised his arm and the Joker broke open the queen, a small blade hidden inside the plastic of the piece. He sliced open the IV tube cleanly before the dripper that slowed the dosage and yanked out the part stuck in Bane's arm, sticking the now hanging tube where the old one used to be. The guards began to move, but it was too late. Bane squeezed the plastic IV pack, venom flooding into his vein.

"I didn't think you would get me first." Bane said with a chuckle as he bulked up, running towards the common room doors that led to the shortest way out. The Joker pulled the IV pack out of his own jumpsuit and broke open the king, revealing a hypodermic needle for himself. He hooked up the tube from his IV into it and stabbed it into a vein on his arm, the green liquid flowing into his veins.

"You see Harley, I am resilient to chemicals since my chemical bath that made me this way, so I had to remake my own blend of venom." He said, squeezing the bag to push it all in at once, "I'm not going to get as bulky as Bane..." He said, his muscles beginning to expand as the bag mostly emptied itself into his veins, "But my effects are more gradual." He said, picking her up, "And, I'm not going to get the withdrawl that Bane gets." The Joker said with laugher, running into the hole that Bane made into the guards.

In the corridor, Bane took a left and the Joker turned right, "The guards will be more thinly spread on both of us, though I'm slightly higher priority." He explained, "Bane is almost as smart as I am, almost as smart as the batman. He causes almost as much destruction, if it wasn't for that, a majority of the guards would be on me." He said as his muscles bulked up just a little bit more. He grunted, wrapping his arms around Harley and smashing through the wall that led to the cliffs on the island, curling around her to protect her.

He fell to the rocks, rolling as he did to lessen the impact on himself and more importantly her, she wasn't chemically modified to handle this sort of thing. His skin and flesh on his back bloodied up. Soon he bounced out into the waves, the tide taking them out into the ocean. He swam into the bay, dragging Harley, tossing her up on a dock, breathing heavily, the venom beginning to wear off, "You all right?" He asked, looking to his bloodied back with a frown, "That's gonna scar..."

Harley barely had enough time to process what was going on, caught up in the action as soon as the Joker opened up the queen. So, it was just a plan of using brute strength to escape; but she wouldn't lie by saying she wasn't impressed with the planning and intelligence that would be needed for this plan. But, that was to be expected from the Joker, he was a mastermind. The next thing she knew, she was swept off her feet, being carried through guards by the muscly Joker.

As she was carried, Harley attempted to make herself as small and compact as possible, both to make herself easier to carry, and to avoid as much of the debris as possible; although that was pretty much an impossibility when they barged through a brick wall. Luckily, she didn't sustain many injuries, just a few scrapes here and there, along with a somewhat serious gash on the right side of her forehead from a rogue piece of brick. Nothing that wouldn't be able to heal up, but it stung like hell when they plummeted into the water.

Now, she really couldn't tell what was going on, simply being dragged through the cold waters of Gotham Bay, away from the prison. That bit was good, but what was not was that she could feel herself shivering, the cold water wetting her clothes and body as the Joker dragged her to safety. On the shore, she sat, shivering, almost oblivious to the wound on her head. "Yeah... Yeah... I'm... Okay..." Harley spoke, teeth chattering from the cold as she tried to steady herself. But, it was obvious she wasn't doing too great, despite trying to hide it.

He patted her on the back and helped her up, "Come on, let's get you into some better clothes." He said, looking up at the thickening rain clouds, this wasn't good, he didn't have someone to care for before, his henchmen were generally expected to bear it. This was different. He ground his teeth together as his mind raced on how best to take care of the situation and he sighed, "Let me take you to my tailor." He said, wrapping an arm around her and beginning to walk down the road.

"He's nearby, a wonderful chap, small time criminal, does a bit of money laundering." He said with a chuckle, "A tailor who does laundering. Hah!" He said, holding her close. He looked to her concerned, "It's going to rain soon." He said, looking to the empty streets around them under the grey sky. He paused for a bit, "I don't actually need him, he just helps me get a quick start whenever I leave Arkham, I'm actually why he stays in business, Batman knows I go to him first and he informs on me to get a free pass for his laundering." He explained.

As Harley got up, she lent heavily on the Joker, allowing him to help walk her. She was cold, very cold, her teeth chattering as they walked. The clouds grew overhead, and Harley feared that it was soon going to rain. But, the talk about this tailor interested her. Despite the cold seeping through to her very bones, she felt alive, in a state of adrenaline and excitement, only dulled down by the wet clothes clinging to her skin, and the cold seeping through her skin.

"If... If we need some place to rest... My apartment is in town..." She said sheepishly, through chattering teeth as they walked. She nodded simply as he spoke on about the tailor. "But, the tailor sounds like a good start." She said quietly, shutting back up as they continued to walk. Damn, the cold and wet did a lot to dampen her mood. But hopefully that would be sorted soon, and then she could really start her new life.

The Joker shook his head when she mentioned her apartment, "No, we can't go to your apartment, that will clue them in to the fact that you survived, and that you're not exactly a hostage." He said, "That's an illusion we need to hold up for a while for this plan." He explained, "The batman needs to be surprised that I have help other than some thugs who fear me." The Joker said with a smile.

They made it the last block to the Tailor shop, it was a small shop with a large sign, proclaiming it to be "Schneider's" in well coordinated LED lights that slowly flashed through various colors in interesting patterns. The sign's resting color was a calm blue.

The Joker came in and an old man with thinning hair and a gray mustache stood up excitedly, a crackling radio playing the news, "Mr Joker!" He said with a grin, "I didn't expect you for a couple hours! They only just announced your escape, I presume you haven't yet robbed a jewelry shop for my fee yet?" The man said with a chuckle, walking around the counter and looking over Harley, "And this must be the Doctor they've announced you kidnapped, you're not bringing hostages into my shop are you?" He said, waggling his finger at the Joker, "And would you just look at her, shivering and miserable!" He scolded.

The Joker rolled his eyes, "Batman doesn't need to know she was here, could you make her a cup of tea and find her something dry to wear?" He asked the Tailor who was clearly trying his patience.

"Oh, of course Mister Joker." He said clasping his hands together, looking Harley over again before running to the back.

"Remember what I said about how you can't kill the person who makes your favorite pies because only they know the true recipe?" The Joker asked, "He's what happens when they know." The Joker said, glaring off to the middle distance, "I should have known the smug bastard would take this opportunity to scold me." He said with a chuckle, and it soon erupted to his usual laughs.

Harley simply nodded, teeth chattering as they walked towards the shop, the sign lighting up the street. It was perfect, a perfect way for the Joker to get ready after escaping. And it would tune the batman into his escape, which it almost seemed like he wanted. After all, it seemed like he enjoyed this game of cat and mouse with the bat, and to her it honestly did seem like it was an interesting way to go about living.

Harley smiled slightly in thanks as the tailor went off to fulfil the Joker's request of getting her a drink and clothes. She would really, really appreciate something to help warm her up. Right now though, as the joker spoke, she wasn't entirely sure what to say, simply giggling ever so slightly as the Joker broke out into his laugh.

The Joker put his hands on her, trying to help warm her up while they waited for the shopkeeper, "I love hearing, you laugh." He confided, his breath hot on her neck. This was the first time they were truly alone together. No one waiting for them. Mr. Schneider would soon be back in the room, but for now...

He slowly pulled away from her, stopping himself from that thought process. No. There was work to be done, and they needed to prepare for it.

Mr. Schneider came back with a cup of steaming tea, smelling of orange and cinnamon, "Orange spice tea." He said, setting down the cup, going back for a moment and coming out with two hangers. One had the Joker's suit, white coat and pants, purple shirt, green tie, the other had a red and black flannel dress, "Conveniently, Black Mask's assistant was here a few days ago, and she has similar measurements as yourself Mi-..." He looked to the Joker and stopped what he was saying, deciding not to push his luck with the Joker's temper. He cleared his throat and handed the hangers to the Joker. He went to the front of the shop, turning off the sign and closing the curtains, "I'll just leave you two alone." He said, leaving and going to the back.

The Joker nodded and set his clothes on the counter next to him, handing Harley her dress before peeling off his torn jumpsuit. He got it around his waist before wincing, and remembering his back had been messed up severely. He tied the sleeves around his waist and nodded to Harley before walking to the back of the shop to talk to Mister Schneider, giving Harley some privacy.

Harley could feel something in the moment, the two of them alone, not being waited on by anyone, simply the two of them. They were so close, but before she could act on anything, the Joker simply pulled away. She knew it wasn't the time for it, as they stood their wet and in the middle of a tailors, but she couldn't get that new feeling out of her stomach.

When Mr. Schneider came back with a steaming hot drink, Harley did not hesitate to take a nice long sip. It felt good, the warmth of the drink helping almost instantly to warm her back up from the cold, although she did continue to shiver as she stood there. She was quick to finish the drink, putting the empty cup down gently on the side.

Harley then turned back to the Joker, looking at the outfit that she had been provided. Dresses weren't really her thing, she preferred trousers, but in the current situation, she was not going to complain. However, she really did like the colour of the outfit, the red and black went well together.

She couldn't help but take notice of the Joker's muscles as he stripped his shirt, biting her bottom lip gently, looking him over as he walked off to the back, somewhat hoping he hadn't noticed. Then, when she was alone in the room, she quickly changed out of her soggy clothes, throwing on the dress. It fit perfectly, which was a surprise to her, despite what the tailor was trying to insinuate, which she did not particularly understand. Then, Harley walked towards the way the Joker went, but instead of going through, she simply sat down on a chair by the wall, curious as to if she could hear anything they were talking about.

"Yes Schneider, I know you normally work with a sewing machine and that living skin is different from other fabrics, but I need you to do this for me!" He said, barely containing his voice below a shout.

"Well... If you say so Mister Joker." He said, muttering barely loud enough for the Joker to hear.

"Good, do you have any leather you don't care if I chew on, I need something to bite down on that won't ruin my teeth." Mister Schneider handed him a a thick strip of leather about a foot long, too short to use for anything. The Joker put it into his mouth and bit down on it, sitting down on a chair backwards, hugging the back so that Schneider could do his work. Mister Schneider washed his hands with hand sanitizer and opened the first aid kit, pulling the iodine out of it. He grabbed a thick white thread for the sewing and sterilized the needle with a lighter.

After sterilizing the thread, hands shaking, he picked up a pack of cigarettes and pulled out one, lighting it and taking a puff before cutting a long length of thread and dipping it in iodine. His hands stopped shaking as the nicotine went into his system and he finished the cigarette within a few seconds. He was ready.

The Joker bit down on the piece of leather and he began to sew the loose and torn skin together, "I haven't smoked inside in almost 20 years... Customers would complain about the smell. Only one shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it's a nasty habit, and I'm upset that you've had me start it up again." The now brown thread was pulling his skin together nicely even as the Joker groaned through the leather, "Yeah, I know the iodine burns. But it's cleaner than alcohol." He explained. He started going back over the cuts, his hands working skillfully, "I guess sewing without a machine is kind of like riding a bike." He said with a chuckle, the stitching now sealed in with a twice over. He cut the thread and tied it off, "There, that should hold you together." He smeared anti-biotic ointment into the cuts before grabbing a few large gauze pads and medical tape, applying it to his back, binding it tight, making sure the bandage itself put a bit of pressure on the wound, the wrap only adhering to itself as it wrapped around his chest.

The Joker stood up after he finished, and spat out the leather. Spinning quickly, he punched Mister Schneider in the cheek, knocking him over. The old man rubbed his cheek and glared at the Joker, the Joker breathing heavily.

"Sorry old boy, I know you didn't deserve it, but it felt good." He held out a hand for Mister Schneider who had calmed down, and he took the Joker's hand. Joker helped him up and nodded to the man before beginning to strip the rest of the way out of his jumpsuit.

Mister Schneider took his cigarettes and lighter and went out the back, leaving the door open so he could talk to the Joker, "So, about the girl-"

"Don't ask about the girl, Schneider, you're not the only small time money launderer that wants batman off his back. I can talk to one of those, they will find me another tailor." He said as he began to get dressed.

"Sorry, too many questions, huh?" He said, taking a puff, "She must be something special if you're willing to get that hurt for her, the only person I've seen you get beat up for is-"

"The Batman, I know. Last warning, drop it." The Joker said. Mister Schneider took the advice and closed the door, allowing him to take up another cigarette in silence.

The Joker had finished getting dressed and he came out to see Harley, "Oh my dear, you look absolutely ravishing in red and black." A large grin adorning his face, "Let's go, Brucey likely already slipped away from the party and is probably on his way here in the batmobile."

Harley had been taking in the conversation, listening as the two spoke. Was she really that special? She thought the Joker would always be getting injured, but from what it sounded like, it was a special occurrence. A smile crept at her face, her mind entertaining the idea that she really was special to the Joker, and it made her heart flutter.

When he came back through to the front room, she jumped up; half in excitement and half in fear of him disliking it if he found out she were eavesdropping. However, when he complimented her, she smiled. "You think so?" She asked, almost childishly as she did spin, the bottom of the dress flaring out as she giggled. "I do really like the colours." She flattened the front of the dress with her hands, preparing to head out.

"Brucey? So Wayne is the Batman?" She asked the Joker as they began to leave, walking next to him almost obediently. She felt happy that she had guessed it so quickly, back in Arkham, and saw why the Joker had kept it hidden back then. He couldn't have been sure if she was completely on his side back then, but now, not only had she proven her devotion, but she really didn't have that much of a choice. Not that she would have chosen anything else.

"We'll have to get you a better outfit like that when I make mine. The pattern is good too... It really fits, the motley of a Harlequin" He chuckled, "Harley, Quinn. Yes, that's perfect." He said, taking her by the hand, "But we need to commit a few petty robberies before we move up to the big time." He paused for a moment with a frown, "You'll have to wait for me during most of those crimes..." He said with a sigh, "The bat can't know you're in on this... In fact, as far as he's concerned, you're probably dead like a few of my psychiatrists before you..." placed his fingers on his nose and hemmed and hawwed for a few moments as he forgot to plan for her not participating in the early game. He snapped his fingers, "Oh, right. First stop, Henchmen." He said with a chuckle.

He put a hand on his chin, "Now, where to get random henchmen this time of day... I suppose I could always attack one of black mask's operations and steal some of his... But he has an organized sort of fear instilled into his goonies, it wouldn't be worth the effort for how many I would have to kill... And that would cause a war in the streets that I just don't need to distract me... I don't have the time right now to hunt down any of the actual loyalists..." The Joker put his thumb between his teeth, moving his jaw back and forth. His eyes lit up and he grinned, "Radio shack." He said, taking her by the hand, "I know where there's one nearby." He stopped next to a car and let go of her hand, looking around. He frowned and looked into the windows. He looked across to a pick up truck, "Ah!" He crawled up into the bed of the pickup truck and opened up the toolbox he found, pulling out a pink tire iron and hopping back down.

"I would prefer a crowbar... But this will do." He said. The man who clearly owned the truck bursting out of his home, wearing a dirty white tank top and boxers. He held a baseball bat.

"What the fuck are you doing with my truck?" He asked. He saw the tire iron, "Hey, that's mine!" He shouted, raising the bat over his head and running at the Joker. The Joker turned around and he froze, dropping the bat, "I mean, it's all yours, mister Joker, I'll just go back inside now."

The Joker's eyes lit up and he jumped on the man as he turned to run away, smacking him in the head with the tire iron, the skull cracking open, his blood spilling on the street, "Sorry, old boy, you saw her with me." He frowned at the blood on his jacket, "Crap, and I just got this." He shrugged, "Oh well." Holding his hand out for Harley again.

Harley giggled, watching almost gleefully as the Joker, her Joker, came up with a brand new nickname for her. "Harley Quinn... I like the sound of that." She giggled gleefully, smiling up at the Joker as her fingers intertwined with his. She understood why she needed to remain hidden, at least for now. It would do no good in letting the Batman know that she was involved now, it would just ruin the surprise later on.

When the Joker dealt with getting the car, she simply watched on, part in wonder and part in shock. It was different, seeing him outright murder a civilian like that. Stomping the guard to death was one thing, he was paid to be there, to risk his life to contain the criminals, but he was just a man. However, when she actually thought it over, it really wasn't that much different. The civilian possibly had more of a detrimental effect to their plan, if he was allowed to live.

So, Harley did what felt natural, and simply chuckled. Then, when the Joker came back over to her, she quickly took a bit of the stained fabric between her fingers, looking it over. "It won't be that bad to clean..." She muttered to herself, letting her habit of self-keeping take effect; after all, she had always been one to do her own cleaning and laundry. But, her thoughts were soon whisked away as the Joker held out his hand for her once again, placing her hand in his own once again and smiling at him happily, as if in admiration.

He shrugged, "I'll be making us new outfits after our first few operations." He said with a grin. He led her down the road until they made it to a nearby radioshack. He stopped her outside, keeping her out of view from inside the store, "Wait here." He said.

He held the tire iron tightly and smashed through the window at the radio shack. There was a single employee in the store, no customers, perfect, typical, radioshack. He pointed his tire iron at her, "Police scanners and batteries." He said. She shakily pointed out the section that police scanners were in and he nodded, "Go in back and wait ten minutes, also, leave your phone out here. I'm not worried about you calling the police, I'll call them for you." She nodded timidly and left her phone on the counter, running in the back room and shutting the door, locking it.

He chuckled at the lock clicking, like that would stop him. He picked up the phone and swiped the screen, hitting the emergency call button on the lock screen and dialing 911, "This is Joker, I'm here at the Radioshack by the bay. Don't bother with the SWAT teams, I'll be gone before you get here, and no one here is dead... Well, I killed a guy a few blocks away, but he's not in the radioshack. Bye then." He said, hanging up the phone. He set it on the counter and smashed it repeatedly, jumping over the counter he smashed the cameras there and the other ones around the store.

"You can come in now." He said, picking up a police scanner and pulling it out of the box. He grabbed a pack of double As and plugged them in, tuning the radio.

"Joker has been confirmed as being in the Radioshack on-" the rest of it fizzled out as the Joker changed channels, "The idiots!" He said, gritting his teeth, "No wonder Batman is necessary."

"The Two-eleven at the jewelry store on Broadway and 7th street has been upgraded to a hostage situation. We are trying to talk the leader down." The Joker dropped the Police scanner then and stomped on it.

"Good luck with that. I haven't arrived yet." He looked to Harley, "Would you like a new necklace?" He asked.

Harley had been watching on in admiration, hidden in the car, as the Joker broke into the shop. She watched as he did what he needed to do, intrigued by how he carried himself so easily through situations like this, ones that would make petty criminals quake in their boots. He even called the police on himself, which she couldn't help but giggle at.

When she finally heard that the coast was clear, she got out of the car, heading into the radioshack as she looked around. The Joker had destroyed so much so quickly, all the cameras were smashed and there was nothing else that seemed like it would possibly record them. It was amazing, how he worked so quickly, it was a skill which she admired greatly.

At the suggestion of a new necklace, Harley couldn't help but chuckle, smiling happily. "Oh, I do love some jewellery. Would you really get me some?" She asked, her voice almost childish and light, filled with happiness and admiration for the joker.

He chuckled when she got excited over the jewelry and nodded, "Of course, nothing but the best. Jewelry store robbery in progress, we need a few thugs. You'll blend in with them nicely while we go through our crimes, call it a... Work study." He said with a laugh, "Best part about the Jewelry store, I can get Schneider a few rolexes to pay him for his services." He nodded and walked out of the shop, looking around, over the cars in the street, "Let's see, we need a good clown car, show up in style!" he said, perking up at the green VW bug.

"Perfect." He said, looking at the tinted windows, "This'll work splendidly." He walked over to the back and wedged the tire iron between the trunk door and the car. He got leverage and the trunk latch bent enough that it could open, breaking the lock. He bent it back into place and crawled into the trunk, pushing the center piece of the backseat so it popped open, "Oh good, this model, I don't have to tear out the seats." He said with a chuckle, crawling in, he hit the unlock button and climbed out of the car before closing the trunk up again, "Hop in the back, until we get the other thugs in the car, no one can see you." He said firmly before getting in the driver's seat and tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. He hot wired the car and turned on the stereo, turning it to a heavy metal station.

A sabaton song just started up, Firestorm, a fitting song for what was to come, the Joker thought with a grin.

Harley giggled girlishly, jumping happily on the spot as she looked to the Joker in admiration. She felt so loved, so cared for, but mostly, so free. Already the weight of Arkham being off of her shoulders was doing wonders, and here she was with the most notorious criminal in all of Gotham. So, she followed the Joker like a puppy as they found the right car, unable to get the smile off of her face.

When she was told to jump in the back, she did so immediately. She understood completely why she had to remain hidden for the time, it would do no good for anyone if someone knew that she was going along with the Joker, not just willingly, but enthusiastically. But soon, soon she would be able to be at his side properly, helping him as much as she could.

It wasn't the type of music she expected the man to be into, if she were being honest; she had expected some calm classical, fitting perfectly with the chaos he inflicted, but the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. This type of music definitely held the chaos and anarchy the Joker oh so enjoyed to inflict. And for that, Harley could definitely see her self quickly falling in love with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.