ALWAYS OPEN RECURRING IWAKU DISCORD THE OBSIDIAN SIREN: PICKLES' QUEST - TUESDAYS @ 12PM-3PM CEN

ARE YOU ATTENDING?

• Total voters

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 10:55 AM

WE RETURN TO THE WHIRLPOOL OF DESTINY... where our harrowed crew are all separated into their deepest of nightmares and greatest of fears. Where sorrow, terror, and loneliness is slowly creeping it's way down into their very bones as the minutes tick by...

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:08 AM

"I… have… lived… through… this… before," Ken choked out the words as his eyes and lungs burned. He stood where he was as the fires around him started to fade away. There were figures in the flames, people long dead. People he knew well as well as people he killed. Villains and victims mingling.

littlekreenToday at 11:17 AM

The outside of the door being rocked by picks after an explosion revealed the seams of their hidden creche. Kobolds were said to have short lives of mere decades. A misconception result of their lives at the hands of adventurers. Warrens scoured of all kobolds after a dragonslayer came for treasure or adventurers just for the warren itself until you could smell the blood seeping through the cavern walls. They hid their children well, enough that the creche often survived, and so the kobolds would continue. He'd hunt them down for their slaughter and give them back their field of blood. His ire raised as the children's hammer in his hand turned metallic in an angry refutation of its shape. The pounding started again as the secure door started to crack. He looked at his hammer, then back to his tiny siblings.He looked at the door again and his metal hammer as the tiny gourd lantern shaking in his other hand grew wrought iron to clang as the warden jingled his mental keys, "Did they have red wings?"Dim memories of dragging men from a guild hall started coming back, "Have you a new field of battle growing for me, fear? Is this an old one?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:21 AM

Mimi clutched her fists. Three against one wasn't odds she liked. Especially when everyone was bigger than her. She never really understood why she had been bullied as a kid. She just knew it hurt. The teasing, the slighting, the general nastiness, rarely did it end with words though but the excuse was her being clutzy and following them around. She had. They were older, cooler, but they were still awful to her. "I won't always be little." She really shouldn't have spoken up. The slap was obviously coming.

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:26 AM

"This...can't...be...happening..." The words came out of Raiya's mouth in shaky whispers as she was marched into the ritual chamber and chained to a granite post in the center of an elaborate ceremonial tracery carved into the floor.The smallest hint of a cruel chuckle from her father's lips. "You think that if you pretend hard enough, you can go back to playing pirate, and all this will go away? Pretend all you like, it matters not."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:31 AM

Ken slowly turned looking at the figures, many were grotesque, worse than the last he saw them. They were phantoms, sure, but of his own mind. 'You could just forget,' a voice said. A voice that wanted to be convincing. A voice that could have been his own. "No!"

littlekreenToday at 11:40 AM

An eye looked through the crack in the door as the door shed burning pieces of itself into Ezzeg's creche. Blue and round of a human as the voice threatened, "We see you, poppet! We're going to get those dragon eggs!"Fear tried to grip his throat but a deeper voice than a child gripped it as a confusing miasma of fighting dread and rage fluffed his brain, "I'll... beat you, humans! The Splithammer brigands will pay for what you did!""Did?" He repeated to himself as three men finally broke their way in and the hammer started to crackle, "Did. I have been here before, haven't I, brigand?"

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:42 AM

What a dreaful despair fear could be... Some of the sailors from the ship were finding themselves trapped on a sinking vessels. Others were holding the bodies of their loved ones. One poor soul was surrounded by giant wiggly slimes in the shape of their mother in law. The more their fear grew, so did their despair, and those that were unable to shake themselves loose and keep moving forward... they fell to the wayside. Swept into a swirling pool of souls never to be seen again. Tick tock, tick tock...

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:44 AM

"I'm not pretending! I'm..." You choose what you are... Raiya struggled to hold on to the little dragon's words, to remember her voice and not let it fade away like a soon-to-be-forgotten dream. But what do I want to be? A pirate? I never even thought about becoming a pirate before I became one...it just happened to me...but what else... she thought as her bonds were secured tight."Anything you would like to say before we begin?" Father taunted. "Any pleas for mercy?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:49 AM

Mimi spit blood. She looked at her tormentors and shook her head. "We should be helping each other not tearing each other down. You should have been helping me. I was young. I was weak. I… I will never be like you!" Mimi turn and ran, she ran the path to the blacksmith, but the path started to turn, to change. "I am going to be here to help others! My family, my crew, my friends…" the path became steeper. The plains became darker. She kept running. Not away but to something…

littlekreenToday at 11:56 AM

The toothless man at the front of the brigands started to gain a wet red lake growing in his chest, "We ain't done nothin yet, poppet, but you'll get to see. Maybe we'll let you live!"The child's face lit with a wrath the fearful child had lacked as Ezzeg grinned when the cask flared under his hands the memories coming back, "A mistake that was, old fear. I went to the witchknights. Raised my vengeance and skill as they tracked you three down. Why don't you tell me your name and save us the trouble?""Little kobold gonna stab us, Ha! That's a laugh. I'm.... I'm" The figment with a sucking hole in its chest where a heart would be cackles as the others advance through the door much the same struggled as the lantern in his hand denied the name to be spoken."Difficult when I took your hearts, isn't it? Even for figments the presence of its true soul refutes the lie. Oh, yes. Mad Jayson. Crazy Eyes Blake. Eyepatch Alvertos. I have your names." He raised the beating lantern as the leaky figments recoiled and their eyes took on a true terror of a figment made into a lost soul condemned to eternal nightmare, "By right of the witchknights, by invocation of Zyndanties the bloodied, I commend your spirits into this hell I blooded for many many years. I anchor you here to the figments you deserve. Hollow hearted and unforgiven, may you be eaten by the kobold children you once slaughtered to just one, forevermore."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:04 PM

The "no" echoed into the darkness. The flames and phantoms were gone. Ken's eyes adjusted and he could tell he was in a cavern. A cavern he knew well and his heart sank. It was empty. Empty in a way a natural cavern could be but this place never had. There should have been silks draped across the ceiling, gems and crystals shining from candlelight. Couches and chairs and gold. There was none of that. Worse there wasn't anything living. No, no, that's not how this was. Ken frowned and moved forward. He was not going to fail. He could not allow that doubt even. He moved forward.

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:06 PM

Raiya returned a sneer. Warriors meet it headlong, she thought. ...The Kobold. That was something the Kobold said...not to her though? What was his name again? "Time to leave port, wandering stowaway. I aim to be an anchor since it seems you've a sore need!" Those...words might have been his as well.An anchor...I'm still in the Whirlpool...I need an anchor...anchors...to stop me from falling in... Alexandyr gave a curt wave of his hand, and Mother and Dragovir took their places. Her sisters had already arrived and stood atop their sigils and hooded red robes."I bet you'd give anything to trade places with me right now," Dragovir said. And for a moment, she could feel herself in his place, standing tall as the favored scion while he wriggled helplessly on the center post, about to feed her his power."No. I don't want your place. I may not know who I am...who I want to be...but that's not it. I don't want your place. Or yours," she said with a glance toward Mother, "Or yours," she said, meeting Father's eyes. "All your power, and you're still miserable. You've sacrificed your humanity for it, your 'Family'--because every one of you knows you're just a tool to him," she said looking around at the others, then back to Alexandyr. "--and yet everyone around you wants to take it from you, and you know that some day, someone will succeed. And what was it all for?!"

littlekreenToday at 12:08 PM

The shape of himself was an old friend, another tool used to combat fear over nightmares of long experience, though now he felt as lightened as the chains now weighed on the souls fighting for wrath. The tiny kobold marched up to them as Mad jayson made that predictable swipe downard before the others made jabs. He stopped short and the metal hammer clanged to direct it to one side where a tiny notch in the wall bore a trap for a sword blade to fit in a notch. A spring twanged as two teeth obliterated the sword into pieces. The other two crossed from each side diverted and split in in X to force down through Mad Jayson's legs with red blood and pain that never seemed to stop.Ezzeg had an idea why they had red wings as his mind cleared. A new fear not yet fully realized tainting his old one; a true child of nightmare. He sighed and called out, "Children! Before you deal with them, call for your dragonmother would you? I need to find her.""MAMA PICKLES!" Came the raucous cry of dozens of winged kobolds as the bits of nightmare given the life of retribution gleefully cried out. He went around the men as they desperately tried to remove the weapons jammed into Mad Jayson's foot and walked into the darkness. He chuckled with a lightened soul wondering if Pickles would hear.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:11 PM

Mimi paused and looked around. She was in a grand place. Somewhere she didn't recognize. Somewhere she never been, probably wouldn't never be. It made her skin crawl, for reasons she didn't understand. "Hello?" She called out in her childish voice, as she moved more cautiously. "Hello? Is there anyone that wants some help? I'm here to help you. We'll get out together."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:20 PM

Pickles was nothing but a tiny, tiny, miniscule nothing of a dragon. Alone in her empty treasures. Alone, alone, alone. Smoke unfurling from her nostrils as she curled up into the tiniest little lonely ball. Life was forever and ever like this. And she was oh so very cold...

littlekreenToday at 12:27 PM

Ezzeg wandered forward into the dark and misty space as he raised his lantern and cast a blood-red light into the space. Bodies of kobolds seen in monochrome upon the floor. Slaughtered and dismembered just like he remembered. A part of him wanted to hide. A memory of what let him survive the first time after those three sacked the creche. He walked over the bodies in the forboding space with shifting shadows of kobolds that once were. He remembered the cold on his tiny body as he walked over them.The body beneath him complained, "Coward. You ran to the creche for safety.""I did." The kobold's aging body started to rise away from the floor, "I was a child. I wanted to be safe. I didn't want death and blood.""You didn't even come back to bury us!" He stopped and stared at the shadows with a risen eyebrow, "I had night terrors for weeks walking through this! I wasn't going anywhere near this!" He kept going and added, "The witchknights saw to your burial and I didn't want to think of it for years. There wasn't anything left here anyway."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:32 PM

Ken had made decisions in the past based on ignorance, on untruths, on bad beliefs. Ken had made decision to best keep people safe, alive, with a future. His knowledge was hard won, tainted with blood, but to ignore that would be to spit in the face of those that suffered, even those that deserved it. He searched the cavern for signs of life, one particular life, but outside the cavern life was in bloom. 'Your people or her?' It was his but it wasn't him. He laughed. "I chose long ago. Both. I can and will have both even if I am assumed a fool!" There was a snear in the voice that mimicked his. 'Those are two separate worlds. You can not live in two worlds. How will you choose?'

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:33 PM

"What is it all for?" Alexandyr snapped. "Power is its own reward. And as you are soon to discover, the lack of power is its own punishment. Enough banter. It is time." He stepped foward, raising his hands as he began speaking incantations, the rest of his family chanting in counterpoint. Blood-red light began to flicker along the arcs and sigils of the floor tracery, spreading like translucent flame.Raiya could feel the energies prickling at her skin, questing, tasting, like serpents' flicking tongues. And then the bite, like many fangs piercing her flesh at once. She clenched her teeth to hold back a scream, willing herself not to give them the pleasure.Anchors... A vision of sparkling vermillion scales, eager, intelligent little eyes..."You've spent a long time of your little mortal life not having anyone to trust," hissed out Pickles with a tone that sounded way more threatening than it should have. She continued to also slink around like an intimidating tiny land shark. "What's so terrible about throwing in with a band of vagrants like us for an ambitious mission. As one of mine, you have my protection! I can eat your family if they come for you. You fight with me, and your enemies become my enemies."Somehow, despite the pain, the feeling of her magic beginning to ebb away through a current flowing toward her brother Dragovir, Raiya smiled at the little dragon's words. They could have been laughable, but...but they seemed to be sincerely meant. Another being...who cared for her."Anchors...I need anchors...my crew..." she groaned."You need?" Alexandyr said, once the ritual was complete. "So much weakness. And you wonder why you're here? You think a tiny little dragon that fits in a teacup can save you?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:39 PM

It was both a soft voice and yet it echoed. All at once Mimi came to oh too grand doors. She pushed them open with all her might and what she saw was ugly wizard humans dripping in fineries. And in the middle of it all. "Raiya! Ahoy!" She looked around again. "Ugly family you have here. All blood magic and smelly!" The tiny half orc gave a wicked grin. "They don't deserve your attention!"

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:40 PM

"The Sphinx...referred to her as an Ancient...she's more than she looks." Raiya sucked in a ragged breath. "PICKELA THE VERMILLION! MIGHTY ANCIENT! I CALL UPON YOU TO UPHOLD YOUR PROMISE!" she cried, half shout, have scream of agony.

littlekreenToday at 12:40 PM

"Look at what you did to those men," Said mouths from the floor, "All you are now is death and blood. Are you worthy at all?"He kept going down the hall as the lantern glowed brighter, "A pacifist is not someone unable to fight. That is a harmless child that I was. Though in terror I tried anyway and lost. Now I am capable of great wrath and suffering, and choose to dole the wealth of wrath with judicious care. The coin of Zyndanties should not be wasted."A dismembered head put on a pike flexed at him and rolled a lolling eye, "Do you really think you're worthy of her? A kobold? Please.""My worthiness is hers to decide, and mine to prove," The rear path to the creche wasn't quite as long as this he thought shrugging off the barbs, "If there anything kobolds have had to keep them going, is the light of hope. Even if too often tainted with the dragongreed. A prison of their own making that draws us in too."This time he felt the tunnel lengthen as the shadow wrapped plate around his body and stepped forward to catch the exit as reality bent in complaint for him to stand in an archway of a lonely cavern, "We do not surrender easily. Even if it's irrational."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:44 PM

Okay, so maaaaybe the voice was his. It did speak an unpleasant truth. Far too long he kept his people at arms length, he protected them even if they didn't always know it, but he stopped inviting them into his life, he held his counsel to only one, but was that so bad? Of course it was. Ken knew what he'd been hesitant to do, what he really needed to do. He was being foolish, selfish, maybe naive. How long did he think he could keep her outside the rest of his life. His home was not a home because he kept the one person that could make things whole… but… what if she didn't want anything more than what was.. what if… what if… DAMN IT KENOUGH JUST ASK HER

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:46 PM

ALONE. alone. AlOne. alONe. Pickles was growing so tired of being alone. Tired of living. Tired of gems and jewels and caves and loneliness. She curled tighter into her little ball, where she could only hope to soon let the dark nothing come take her away.That seemed so dull too. What would she even do in death. Collect souls? If she wanted souls she could do that in life. Beautiful, musical, vibrant life. Where there were emerald green seas, and vast sapphire oceans. Pointy eared elves that played beautiful music. Feisty little kobold babies, and little lost girls. Weird chattering seagulls, and slutty clumsy men. Tusked warriors and creepy little weirdos! Life was so very INTERESTING despite all of her years of living.Like a ringing chime she could hear it. Little voices screaming out. Voices that belonged to her! Her most precious of hoards! Pickela shook out her scales and leapt to her tiny feet and ROOOOAAAAAAARED the sort of snarl that belonged to a dragon ten times her size. Her true size. Fuck this fucking whirlpool and it's sad stupid bullshit! "WHERE'S MY CREW AT, I'LL FIGHT THE DAMN SPHINX IF I NEED TO!"

littlekreenToday at 12:57 PM

As a surface blooded kobold he didn't see in the dark quite as well as seeing souls with his deathwatch eyes gleaming. A murk of familiarity as something tried to buffet and flush him away until he heard something of familiar candor though the weight of dashing across the darkened shadows to correct his course made him unsure if it was thoughts echoing in the darkfell or actual voice. Though if he could hear Ken then maybe Ken could hear him. The faint voice of screaming draconic came to his ears dimmed and compressed like he was somehow between tight stone walls even while on the darkened floor but rose his voice to call out to Ken, "You're my kind of loner, Ken! A team effort couldn't hurt. Ha!"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:00 PM

Life… life was change and hadn't she changed as much as he had? Especially lately? It was time to change some more… and then he heard her and he was never going to not answer her call. The cavern was no longer dark and lifeless. It was vibrant, because SHE was there. Somewhere. Majestic in her fury, Ken could not help but grin as the cavern seemed to fill with more life. "It is so true my friend," Ken laughed as he struck out his hand into nothing, knowing with certainty that the Kobald would be able to grab on, from whatever he was in.

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:01 PM

The chamber doors opened with a grinding of stone and a heave of effort. In walked a figure that was familiar...but too small, like a child-version. A name, veiled in mist, hovering on the edge of memory. We're crewmates. "...Mimi?""Friend of yours?" Dragovir said. "So you're slumming with orcish half-breeds now?""Yes," Raiya hissed through clenched teeth, even as she felt her magic being torn from her. And then: a loud draconic roar that shook the room. "And...kobolds...and seagull druids...and Elven wizards...and a goddamn dragon. They're...they're my crew. And you're not worth my attention. I may not always be a pirate. But that's who I am now."Raiya turned her eyes on Dragovir, who was starting to moan with pleasure as her power flowed to him. "Let's see if this thing flows both ways," she said, her gaze turning fierce. "A pirate's...life...for me!" she hissed, gathering her will to pull her power back into herself. Her lips parted into the kind of grin one might wear with a cutlass clenched between one's teeth as one swung aboard a plump treasure galleon.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:01 PM

"Come on Raiya, best not let the Cap'n call us a second time!" Mimi walked through one of the sisters. This wasn't her nightmare after all. "Up you go!"

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:03 PM

COULD a tiny angry dragon rampage through the despairing nightmares of others? Who the hell was going to stop her! Breathing flames and menacing rage sprinting Pickles through the caves! Chomping on the ankles of dreams and nightmares alike! There went old One Eyed Johnny's ex-wife with a chomp to the knees! Sue the Slutty Sasquatch's nightmare of being hunted was burst into flames by a puff of angry fire.By the time she reached Raiya, Pickles was in GRAND FORM having the TIME OF HER LIFE causing the upmost of mayhem. So in finding the girl and the Mimi, Pickles came flying out of nowhere to land on the family member that looked like the biggest threat. "THAT'S MY HOARD, MY CREW! YOU OVER DRESSED BASTARDS."

littlekreenToday at 1:06 PM

The kobold felt a interposing hand and a black engraved gauntlet gripped it as Ezzeg was pulled across as shadows dripped off him and scurried away like a frightened tide, "Though I have to say, if that wasn't you yelling in dragon, I might have set her off. It seems fate delivered to me to the end of the three men who erased my entire warren. They will drown here, now, souls do not swim. Now I think my fears hear me considering my own little family."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:13 PM

"I am glad you can bury that chapter," Ken told Ezzeg before letting go his grip. "And my dragon is good, but I shall never sound like that. Why don't we go find Pickles and see what the future has in store?" Fears would always need to be vanquished. They were self renewing. "The past is a good teacher, but I'm done with it for the moment."

littlekreenToday at 1:21 PM

"Yes. I can move toward it in this place of the dream. It's mutable enough," he taps his visor then shifts it back so his face can be seen, "perhaps I can shape an invocation. The crew is here and I can approach souls in the dark if you can get them with my ethereic feet under me."Ezzeg flexes his shoulders as the black armor ripples, "I can't cast the ritual of Form of the Dragon and hold it in life, yet, but perhaps the dream is not so adamant about life's mass, eh?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:29 PM

Ken nodded along with Kobald. "This place is very, mutable, it feeds on fear but I don't believe that it's a cage, more a maze. You should be able to do anything you think you can do." Ken didn't sound certain but it was what he noticed at the very least. "Just don't get distracted." An insult to any magic user usually but in this place…

littlekreenToday at 1:38 PM

Ezzeg nodded and centered himself as he felt the shadows trying to peer into his head. He centered himself in a visualization of the form their armor was crafted on in meditation within the ossurary of zyndanties. A place to learn the dragons they deemed better than raw dragongreed. Ones surmounting their inner nature. As the dragons did, so would kobolds. It was one of the few things he could pronounce accurately in high draconic, a description creating a thought, a chant at the flow of its thoughts, a rumbling lore in the gut of the dragon better than beast that should be.His Armor creaked and shifted as the helmet swallowed his head. Seams vanishing as more blades and segments appeared then launched into ornate knotwork designs of an esoteric dragon. A creature clad in wrought iron and shadow took form less of the dousing of light than the liminality in change. A mouth and head with a cottage sized body took form as wings pulled away from the body in a symphonic ring of plate metal. The weight was more than his phyisical form as the deeper voice of Ezzeg's form seemed breathy despite the sharp and strong body, "Weighty, but I will hold. Up you go, hold on!"

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:46 PM

Dragovir's eyes went wide as he felt the flow of power reverse. "You think...you think you can beat me in a contest of wills?" he said, gathering his own. "All your life you've had everything handed to you. Daddy's ever-so-talented golden boy. Let's just see how much will you have!" Raiya snarled, her dark eyes boring into his. Scarlet energies flowed back and forth between them like a tug-of-war. Dragovir's eyes took on a mixture of anger and alarm as the advantage began to turn to shift toward Raiya."Dragovir," Alexandyr said, "She is nothing. Crush her." Moments passed, and Father's face became a mask of rage. He raised a hand and began gathering sorcerous energies. Before he could unleash his spell, a flash of red flew through the room, landing on his arm, sinking claws into his thick velvet sleeve. The dragon's shout echoed in the room, meeting stunned silence from the Family."I've had to fight for my life one way or another, every moment," Raiya snapped. "And one more thing: I'm not alone. Not like you are. Each and every one of you. You call yourselves a 'Family,' but each one of you worries about how you're going to be betrayed, and schemes your own betrayals. You're alone, especially when you're together. Now give me back what's mine." Dragovir cried out as power flowed from him to Raiya. Kirlian flame-tongues of red light flickered around Raiya, gathering in strength. You won't find Cap'ns you're missing where you've already been. The Kobold's words. Ez...Ezzeg. "You're my past. Not my present or my future," Raiya said. "You're my nighmare. So that means all the power here is mine. And I'm taking it back."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:53 PM

"Impressive," Ken mummered genuinely. He came up to Ezzeg in his new form without hesitation. The elf was used to being carried in the sky by a dragon and he trusted him completely. It had been long since he'd trusted a new person, but again, change. Once comfortable he nodded that he was ready.

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:55 PM

Swirls of red energy flowed around her in tornado whorls. Her bonds broke free, scattering into the room as sparks and ashes. Alexandyr shook Pickles from his arm and hurled an arc of fire at Raiya, but she raised a hand and caught it, drawing the flames in, gathering their power."I've found my Captain. And she's not where I've already been." With a flutter of wings, Pickles landed on the stone floor...and began to grow. The Karpovs started casting spells at Raiya, which she deflected or seized with sweeping hand movements. And Pickela continued to grow."Do you know what she promised me?" Raiya said. "She promised that if you ever came for me, she would eat you."Hrr-krrr-krrr-krrr-krrrr All of the growls Raiya had ever heard from Pickela were...adorable, though she'd never tell the dragon that. But now, it was a deep-throated bass rumble that one felt in the chest as much as heard. A smile pulled back the dragon's lips, revealing the tips of sickle teeth as long as Raiya's forearms.Curlicues of mist flowed in through the door and the windows, concealing all......Raiya woke with a gasp, surrounded by mist as before, but now she thought she could hear the voices of her crewmates around her. "Captain? Mimi? Ezzeg?"

littlekreenToday at 1:57 PM

Ezzeg carefully turned and launched into the dark the large clawed hands forcing the hole he'd come through open wider and called back, "I'd let you both yell my name while riding but you should call to the others. I will show their light in the dark so you can gather them. I need to hold my focus!"He launched into the cloying dark as the esoteric dragon's sight saw the twisting nebula of the maze. The lantern lighting up those names called from his back. He trusted Ken to get the crew as he kept himself centered and moving toward them. He would anchor his crew, ken could carry them on, and he and ken would bring them all back to pickles.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:59 PM

Mimi was squatting next to Raiya grinning. "You are a mighty warrior, indeed. Your demons were mighty because they tried to hide from you your greatness, eh?" She held a hand to help Raiya stand up.

The work was, rewarding? Yes. Ken could say that. There were many who had recently tried to overtake his ship, but through a bit of intimidation and a lot of working together the crew was becoming what it should be. As Ezzeg flew he assisted those that were still in their nightmares but no longer in terror. Some, some seemed lost. "I don't think there's any more…"

Zarko StraadiToday at 2:06 PM

Raiya took Mimi's hand and was whisked to her feet. Looking up at her, Raiya couldn't think of anything to say in response to her words. "Are...are you alright?" she finally stammered. "You saw that?" she said, then her eyes flicked to the ground. "They're powerful because they've got a whole continent to pillage. Me, I'm just a pirate," she said, giving her crewmate a smile.

littlekreenToday at 2:06 PM

Ezzeg said with the booming voice as he careened through the dark, "Welcome to the end of your fears and the new ones in your future, the rest of you sea dogs! I don't betray the crew! Next port's the Cap'n!"His will was ragged at this point but held with a certianty of purpose to hold him through enough. A Jade dragon's eye appeared through the roof as an iron claw tore a hole through the floor, "Surpise, Cap'n'! We brought the rest of yer crew! time to go!"

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:08 PM

"WHERE IS MY STUPID POINTY EARED ELF," bellowed Pickles with a spit of fire. Only to find another massive dragon peering down at her... the kobold! "...that is an impressive dragon." She gleamed with shiny bright eyes. "Let us get out of this damned, stupid whirlpool of magical nonsense! Blasted Sphinxs and their hogwash of trials!"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:12 PM

At a hight probability too high, but who among them knew enough about elves, Ken dropped down near the girls and swept a bow to the fluttering red dragon. "I fear there is one last thing that must be done. But I think I can do it without drawing things out." Ken put a hand his pocket, the two acorns refound nestled in my hands. "I just need you to agree to listen to my request later when it's more convenient to talk." Oh there was a flirty look in his eyes and he seemed way too sure of himself. But he was an ild elf, confidence wasn't something he should lack.

littlekreenToday at 2:17 PM

"if it wasn't for Ken i would have never been able to hear you, Cap 'n! Got me lodged between.""Alchemy can learn this too, you know. I've heard an elf druid or two channeling dragon."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:19 PM

As they all came out of the caves, the Sphinx was there ready to give a mighty speech about their path forward, only for Pickles to cut it short with a spit of fire and a curse. "GOOD GODS OF THE SEA, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR ESOTERIC GIBBERISH." Spitting fire at the feets of sailors to get them to hurry up and reboard their ship."Kenough we do not have time for your elven flirtations!" complained Pickles before she stood up on the edge railing of the Returner. "Let us out of here, you golden arsed, gloried sand cat!" yelled the tiny vermillion dragon.The Sphinx, not pleased at all by this sort of treatment really couldn't hold them any longer. The underwater caverns started to rush in deep green ocean water. Raising the ship higher, and higher, and higher...!AND THUS THE CREW MADE IT OUT OF THE WHIRLPOOL OF DESTINY ALIVE... were they now changed for the better? The worse? Have the courses of their destinies been laid out brand new? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT ADVENTURE OF THE VERMILLION DRAGON AND HER MOTELY CREW.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 10:28 AM

IT WAS BLISSFULLY QUIET ON THE SEA... as our strange mishmash crew recovered from their recent mental toil in the Whirlpool of Destiny. Though there did seem to be a pensiveness in their dragon captain as she perched on the railing of the quarter deck, watching the sky full of stars. It seemed the closer they came to the final leg of their journey - the Island of Dead Souls - things would get even more harrowing than before.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 10:47 AM

The ship was ship shaped. Ken had made sure to inspect the haul and deck. She seemed to be steering correctly and the sails were as they had been. A bit tattered but sound. As he approached the red dragon he couldn't help but be amazed at the field of stars. It was a crisp, clear and gorgeous night. "We've come a long way," he said softly to Pickles

littlekreenToday at 10:56 AM

Transition scene from dragonbodyEzzeg didn't feel weaker as much as... looked at and unfilled. Like some cat in his soul had gone to sleep after stretching the container. Despite being smaller, he felt heavier in the armor than he had started. He'd have to commune with Zyndanties before the battle with Pickles' heretic enemy. Witch knights that could ever cast this spell were few, at least in the real, and now he understood why they said everything felt larger. At the time, he didn't realize they weren't talking about the world itself because, as themselves once more, it didn't make sense.Ezzeg pulled back the helmet to grab his mouth and jaw with his gauntlet. Leftover irrational sensations that his mouth was too big for his tongue and his hand shouldn't fit. A phantom body, like a phantom limb, did get covered in his training. The description didn't convey the mind-occupying intensity of the sensations in the aftermath of the first shift. He'd gotten a new hammer and was practicing weapon forms on the foredeck so his body would figure out which body went where. The drakehammer crackled with a faint scent of petrichor and incense that followed the witchknight's debatably benign practice of necromantic magic.Ezzeg stopped to look at ken and pickles then follow his gaze upward, "As pretty as those are I feel too big now as it is. There's usually a more gentle introduction than dire necessity but I suppose a tree without winds never grows tall."
Google Docs
transition scene

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:13 AM

From her perch in the Crow's Nest, Raiya glanced down at the crew as they went about their tasks. With only a sliver of Moon in the sky, they were subtly-silvered suggestions moving among the shadows. Yet there was something about the bustle of sounds, of ropes being pulled or loosed, capstains turning, the flutter of heavy sail canvas in the wind... It was as if they and the ship were all one thing, a single body--Well, if the ship and crew were a body, she was its eyes. She put the spyglass to her eye and scanned the horizon again. With the stars all around her in the clear night sky, it was almost as if she was sailing through the celestial vastness. A flash of memory: she'd felt the same way sailing into the depths of the Sphinx's cave, lit by star-points of bioluminescent fungi.

This notion of being...a part of something...of a crew, of a ship, of a shared life with others... It felt like suddenly being dropped into a foreign country where only she didn't know the language. Raiya shook those thoughts off and brought her attention back to the horizon and the seas around the Returner, to resume her search for any dangers that might await them.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:19 AM

If Pickles had been covered in fur, she would've been fluffed up and ruffled. Thoughts weighing heavily on the tiny dragon's mind the closer and closer they sailed towards their last destination. ...if things went horribly wrong, it might indeed be the LAST. She was quite liking this business of having an entire crew, it seemed a nightmare to lose it now."We have along way yet. That massive taint-licker is liable to burn us all on sight. It won't be a simple thing to break this blasted curse and reclaim my treasure..."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:25 AM

Ken nodded in agreement. "True, but you are much more cleaver than to try to meet him head on." Ken smirked, "and prettier. Much more powerful too and no curse of a coward has kept you down." Ken took a deep breath. "I know there's a lot still to come, and I know you know I will always have your back, but…" Ken put a hand in his pocket. "Pickles I…." "Yo, Cap'n, Ken, wanna swig!" An overly cheerful orc & two humans were waving at the. Mimi holding a large jug.

littlekreenToday at 11:27 AM

Once on the boat it had taken Ezzeg half an hour to remember how to walk on two legs but had his sea legs under him again. He went closer to the captain and Ken as his muscles needed time to decide if they should be sore or not it would be good to take a break and there was a half-orc oncoming. He commented from underneath while rotating his shoulder trying to gague how much of its fatigue was illusory, "This rockwool armor can survive dragonfire; specifically, survive. Resisting it is a matter for dragonscale, which doing twice in the real is uncharted seas for me."He raised a hand and shook it side to side with a grin, "I finally got my sea legs back, trying to get me adeck again?"

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:30 AM

The Captain's words drifted up to Raiya on the winds of a quiet evening. Well...I do know a thing or two about curses. She leaned over the rail and looked down toward the little dragon. "Captain...would you happen to remember anything about this curse? Siglils used, incantations, gestures?"

But what happens when her curse is broken? When...she doesn't need us anymore? Doesn't need me anymore?

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:34 AM

Whatever flattery Ken was trying to use on Pickles might've been enough to bolster up her ego, but there came in the disruptions... and then Raiya's interesting questions. Thus Pickles skittered up the ropes to join the the girl in the nest. Her beady dragony eyes almost glowing like flames!"It wasn't dragon magic, that I know. For no witless ass wipe could have surprised me with draconic words! It was icky, sticky, human magic. Sorcery, wizardry... dark demonic worshippin arts. Whatever foolish humans get in to. Truly he is a waste of dragon's skin to dive to such cowardly depths."

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:45 AM

"Human magic...Do you remember any specifics? Like, was there a lot of ceremony and incense and chanting, or was it more...raw, I guess, with bloodletting, the caster cutting or piercing themselves and maybe a sacrifice? If you can remember any chants, especially anything like a name? Were there humans involved with the casting? I might be able to help...find a way to break it, or at least know what sort of person we'd need to go to to find out more," Raiya said.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:50 AM

Ken looked over at the drinking sailors with annoyance but before he could really react Raiya spoke up with inquisitive questions that were actually useful. Watching Pickles fly up to discuss with their lookout mage, Ken turned his attention to those on deck. "It's good to have someone that can take an attack but let's hope we don't have to let you play distraction."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:54 AM

Pickles snorted a plume of smoke. "What would I know! I was cursed by surprise!"It did force the tiny vermillion dragon to consider these things carefully. As a creature of magic, she should at least understand part of her cursing even if she hadn't be aware of the initial attack."It feels.... raw. Messy. Not at all a practiced or well thought out sort of magic by a master... a tangle knot of weaving that only holds strong because it is such stupid chaotic mess of fuckery."

Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:55 AM

Porkchop had accidently knocked Brochan out when he had pulled a large Ruby out for Pickles. He was getting better at not knocking himself out grabbing things though.

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:00 PM

Raiya nodded. "So...probably Sorcery rather than Ceremonial Magic," she mused. "Sorcery calls upon the energies of the Latent Sea, the underlying primordial cha--GAH!" Raiya said, startled by Porkchop's sudden appearance. When he wasn't sleeping waaay too much, the guy had a rather annoying habit of just showing up without warning, even the clap of Apparition.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:04 PM

" So, I knocked out the other guy this time, but look at what I was able to pull out," he replied, pulling a large ruby out of the same type of portal that he had used for storage before.

• littlekreenToday at 12:11 PM

Ezzeg nods at Ken and chuckles at the sailors, "Always something, eh? Witchknight don't usually assault a heretic dragon in single. I can't ask for reinforcements unless Pickles can properly contest the draconic territory. Rules. Zyndanties is not an arbiter. Hm. Or if you can get your hands on the source of the curse. Needs then must."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:14 PM

"I'm sure the coward has the source close at hand. Knowing his vanity, probably is wearing it," Ken groaned as he thought about that particular issue. "We always knew our plan depends on observation. As much as just killing the lousy lizard would delight me it's not going to be simple."

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:17 PM

Raiya repressed a groan of irritation, and turned her attention back to Pickles. "Do you remember if anything of yours went missing before you were cursed? It could have been something with a strong sentimental attachment, or maybe something like a missing scale or shed claw sheath. Possibly more than one thing, if the caster couldn't get a single item with a strong enough connection."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:23 PM

With a new ruby in her tiny hands and hugging it like it were a comforting stuffed animal, Pickles thought very hard if anything in her hoard had been missing at all."...I admit I had not been counting and doing inventory on my treasures for quite awhile. The elf and I were often busy with other things."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:30 PM

" Oh, look Pickles look very happy with the Ruby. I think that means I did a good. I also am finally managing to not knock myself our when pulling things out that are bigger. It should make travel easier with me."

littlekreenToday at 12:31 PM

Ezzeg tapped his chin, or tried to, and missed a couple times thinking of options, "Well, I am not a scry sort of supplicant and the lair will be too strong anyway. If I can get my eyes on him I might be able to detect the item. That sort of magic is likely to rile any spirits lingering in the seized territory besides. Did Cap'n pickles have anything in the hoard that ought be placated before seizure?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:35 PM

"Not that I can think of," Ken started, then squinted his eyes. "Although, I have always been surprised at how, hm, complete the theft was. There are things that should NOT have been capable of stealing."

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:36 PM

"A Sorcerous focus would have to be something more than just a random coin or gem from your treasure hoard, though items like that could be used to enhance the spell. But the primary focus or foci would have to be something with a deeper connection to you, either part of you physically, like a missing scale, or something emotionally meaningful, like a gift from a loved one or a piece of the shell you hatched from, that sort of thing." Raiya glanced over at Porkchop. "When you grab things out of portals like that," she said, glancing toward the ruby, "do you focus on a particular item and take it, or do you just open the portal and something random comes through? Like, could you take the ivory and gold music box from my room at home, or would you just get some random music box?"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:43 PM

Pickles head tilted near upside down as she considered these items. "There was a delicate rose gold chain of leafs that the elf gave me. I should have it now and yet I don't. Likely stolen away with the rest of my precious treasures when I shrank too small to wear it!"

• littlekreenToday at 12:43 PM

"Hm. Like some corrupted spell for youth taking all the power that came with the dragon's age. That isn't something you just drop into the ether." He put his hammer on his shoulder, "Does he linger at the empty cave then? I somehow doubt a dragon of pride would sit in an empty room."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:47 PM

Porkchop's eye would lit up. " I'm pretty sure that I can do both. If I know about where an object is, I can grab it easily. But it's random if I can't or haven't been to the location before. Like, I don't know what your room at your home looks like, so it would probably be a random music box. "

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:49 PM

Ken laughed at the thought. It was not a cheerful laugh but one of bitter consequences. "That would be fitting for him. No I doubt he would use a spell that would have such a drawback unless he didn't know the consequences."

littlekreenToday at 12:55 PM

Ezzeg clanked his other hand with the hammer as tiny whispers leave him rubbing the side of his head, "Well, if he does not have access to the treasure and the spell makes the hoard inaccessible by some ragged heretical fundament, then has he taken possession of the hoard at all? If we can get pickles to wherever it has sequestered the hoard it remains hers again, and if he follows, contested on even grounds. If he lacks forethought perhaps he's written his own trap."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:58 PM

Raiya gave Porkchop a nod, then turned back to Pickles. "Could that have been taken before you were cursed? If so, then it could have been used to target the curse. The sort of thing we're looking for would be something that is symbolically like a key...a key to you. "Like, if it represents your aspirations, it could be used to turn your aspirations upside-down and take them from you, or if it embodies something or someone you love, but did not truly appreciate at the time you were cursed--it's complicated, but if we can narrow down what the focus or foci might have been, and," she cast a glance toward Porkchop, "if we can get it or them back, we might be able to figure out the arcane structure of the curse, and from there, find a way to break it or maybe even make it rebound on the one who cast it."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:04 PM

"That would be a nice twist, but be he a coward and hardly a dragon worth naming, I will not hold on to that hope. It's too easy a thing to be disappointed about." Ken looked up and away for a moment. "But your insights might prove very useful once we understand certain truths." Ken nodded towards the crow's nest. "All of your observations."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:13 PM

At Raiya's ponderings, Pickles just got increasingly smokey and surly about it until she was making the very dragon form of the >:[ face and puffing out sparks."WHAT POSSIBLE ASPIRATION WOULD MAKE ME SO SMALL! Nonsensical, evil...! Truly vile and wretched to take my gorgeous, beautiful, flawless form and make it this miniscule little lizard.... I am still beautiful, of course, but like this I can do NOTHING. I hope when we arrive there we find all the answers, for all I have is a need to burn that entire island to the ground!"

• littlekreenToday at 1:17 PM

Ezzeg looks upward to pickles as she proclaims then looks to Ken and back up to Pickles, "Hm. Or, perhaps, an aspiration not the Cap'n's. Do you have enemies with this kind of power, Ken? This curse is heretical to our teachings because it has no respect for the dragon. One never a dragon would have no such respect. Your sister seemed an uncanny arrival in the middle of a treacherous ocean."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:26 PM

"I had many enemies, but all are long dead and their descendants have moved on from those dark times. As for little Tia…" Ken shook her head. "Her actions might suggest a greater threat, but I am fairly certain her quarrel is more that I have not…." Ken's eyes grew wide. "That's just about as vile to think she took part in grosser magic!"

• littlekreenToday at 1:34 PM

Ezzeg makes a small bow, "I don't mean to disparage your family but our enemies are great powers. Parties of your kind might not share our particular aspiration where mine would celebrate it. The old elf magic is a thing of natural tendrils and subterfuge like the fey magic much of it came from. Eldritch stability and warping of reality. I might have ones you can ask but I do not speak sylvan."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:38 PM

Raiya bit her lip. "Sorry...I'm not the best person for breaking your curse. A Cursebreaker has to be..." she sighed. "A curse draws energy from the Latent Sea, but...but the ultimate source of its strength is...is you. It...it can take an aspiration and twist it, or something like a fear or insecurity you have and magnify it, manifest it. So a Cursebreaker...a real Cursebreaker has to be someone that you can trust with your inner self...with your dearest and most fragile hopes, or those parts of yourself you can't show anyone else."Because a curse is like a complicated knot of magic, and those are the kinds of things it's tied around. But if those things can be found...well, depending on the specifics, it might be possible to break the curse, unravel it. Maybe even before we get to the island, so you could face your enemy with your full strength. But I can't be sure if that's possible without knowing what the curse is woven around."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:47 PM

"BAH. Silly girl, you can break any curse you put your mind to." There was that cranky face again on Pickles, though now it had softened to something sly and thoughtful. Skittering on her little legs up Raiya's arm and onto her shoulder."Don't let my struggles and failures become your worries. It doesnt much matter the sort of magic used or the complicatedness of it. All magic in the end will answer to will power and will power alone. When I need help, you will be there and you will know what to do. To come as far as we have, this is surely fate."She snorted a small flame."We're gonna kick that shitball's ass and roast his dragon nuts over molten magma."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:51 PM

Ken held out a hand. "I am not mad at you for pointing out something I rather wanted to ignore. Familia jealousy taken overboard I recognized but I did not consider the extent. I had thought things to be of an… opportunistic variety of petty vengeance. Not something more deep seeded. I have a hard time believing such a thing, and yet, it is not outside the possible." Ken shook his head. "I might talk to those you speak of later, but I need more information before hand. Facts I have are a handful." Ken leaned against the railing, looking up at the stars. "We're getting there…."

Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:53 PM

Porkchop was silently watching and then tilted his head. " What if it wasn't your aspiration that the curse as taking into account and somebody else? Maybe someone else makes you want to be cuddleable to them."

littlekreenToday at 1:57 PM

Ezzeg pressed his knuckles to the hand in a kobold gesture of understanding, "Many will trade anything for freedom but few have friends that bother to ask after what they did. Jealousy is a shadow to dragongreed."He props himself next to Ken and looks at the stars, "Facts were the first treasure, after all. Blood of the covenant the second, at least to kobolds. Pickles has a horde hoard now in spite of the thief and heretic. So we'll march to get the third owed."

Zarko StraadiToday at 2:03 PM

Sometimes, Pickles had a way of saying things that left Raiya at a loss for words. This was one of those times. Ken's words, "We're getting there..." came to her on the breeze. And what happens when we do? Will all this be over?" Ezzeg...Ezzeg said something to me," she said softly, "when we were about to go into the Sphinx's cave. 'You won't find the Cap'ns you're missing where you've already been.' I know you miss the might and glory and treasure you once had, but...what about this? What we have right now? What if we just...kept this? Sailed the seas..."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:07 PM

What if, what if... what if they just sailed the seas...With those words lingerng on the wind, our crew sails on to the Island of Deal Souls. Where a monstrous dragon sits hoarding a treasure that is not his and the potential to break a curse.Will they get there and find the answers they need? Is it resolution or failure that awaits our crew? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT PICKLES ADVENTURE!

Last edited:

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 10:33 AM

THE RETURNER FINDS ITSELF DOCKED ON A BEACH... THE ISLAND OF DEAD SOULS. Most of the crew finding it important to remain on the ship itself, leaving our group of intrepid heroes to face this island's dangers on their own... Why is it named the Island of Dead souls? Where on the island is the stolen hoard by this nemesis dragon? We open to a dark and desolate beach....

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 10:44 AM

Ken placed the coat he'd worn way back when he had gone to a tavern to drum up a crew. His hat securely atop his head and a satchel across his body. He did not look armed but there was little doubt he had everything he might need on him. Upon the sandy shore he rolled his shoulders and slouched slightly. As intimidating as a milkmaid. He glanced around. "I expected a more mountainous island to be honest."

littlekreenToday at 10:45 AM

Ezzeg still felt strangely inflated but enough practice that his body felt his own again. The hammer he had wasn't ideal but it had to serve as a focus for the drakehammer. Not that he was inclined to go toe to toe with another dragon without being their own size. The black armor, his shotgun and ammo pouch, and the cask on his hip he stood with one step on the rail the helmet cowl down and thumped into the sand. He called out to pickles, "Anything we should know about the place, cap'n? Cave must go underground."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 10:54 AM

Mimi stood behind Ezzeg, looking much like she always did. The one modification was a leather coat. It wasn't enough to survive a direct strike but a little bit of protection was still better than none. She glanced back at the boat, the crew going about doing busy work. "Hope they stick around," she muttered softly.

littlekreenToday at 10:56 AM

Ezzeg looked back at the boat, "They have the cannons to shoot at fearful things. We're here to give the thief lizard more pressin' concerns."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:04 AM

Pickles was more antsy than anyone had ever seen the tiny dragon. Scuttling to one shoulder to another, hopping on the next person, and bouncing on her little feet as if there was fire coals under them. "Gotta look out for souls. It is.... unpleasant when they're loose!"

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:05 AM

Raiya climbed out of the landing boat and followed the others in silence. Out of force of habit, she checked her surroundings. Being on the ground just like the others however, she did not have any better view than they did. And so, she was not feeling particularly useful. She hadn't exactly brought a full wardrobe on board, having escaped home with only the clothes on her back. So at the moment, she was wearing an oversized coat and tricorn hat that had once belonged to a mutineer who was no longer in a position to need them. She also had their cutlass, a couple daggers, a marlinspike, and a few drawstring bags of various powders and tricks she could employ with telekinesis.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:10 AM

"Which means as soon as we're noticed we'll encounter them," Ken grumbled. He started walking. "Let's get off the beach."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:11 AM

Porkchop woukld take two looks at the island and go. " I think I'll stay right here, I'm good to not die today."Brochan who wok up from his nap would look over at Pickles as he walked on shore. " What are you talking about?"

• littlekreenToday at 11:13 AM

Ezzeg nodded and the crackle at his hip brought the spike-flared drakehammer to bear, "Loose souls? Never good for the inmates to run amok. I'm a warden not a cleric though. I can hit 'em but I can't pacify them."He started marching toward the front and put the visor of his helmet down, "How bad the souls get rotted? Wraith? Mohrg?"

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:20 AM

Raiya Gave a nod and a half-smile when the little dragon took a turn on her shoulder. And what do lost souls look like? she thought. Us? Or at least me... 'Lost souls' might be the most immediate worry, but what loomed larger for Raiya was what seemed likely to be end of this part of her life, assuming that she survived the present perils. What will she be like when she's back to her full size and power, and has her hoard back? Well, she probably will want to get back to whatever dragons do when they're guarding their lair, instead of going on crazy sea adventures, she thought. Which left her own future as nothing but a blank fog, one she would likely have to journey into alone.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:21 AM

"We're bound to find out soon enough," exclaimed Pickles, leaping forward to lead the charge off the beach before anything tried to spot them. Of course, this meant leading their group into the dark depths of the island jungle, which sure didn't seem inviting in the slightest!

littlekreenToday at 11:24 AM

Ezzeg took off behind her without question, the armor just slightly shadowed around its edges leaving thumps of brown in the jungle floor. He didn't much like trying to fight undead but when you're carrying a cask around the strong ones could get a mite grabby. A mixture of apprehension and elation as he had ideas of what could be out there, "Lead on cap'n pickles, guess we'll learn."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:30 AM

Mimi waited for the others to go, bringing up the rear. She didn't have magic, but she had brawns, and she could easily keep something off their backs until a proper response could be taken. Lost souls were no less worrying than anything else they'd encountered. Raiya seemed worried, well they all did, but she gave the girl an encouraging wink. They'd get out of this well on the other side.

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:36 AM

Raiya pulled herself from her thoughts. "So, the 'lost souls' are undead?" she said. Leaving to to the others to keep an eye out, Raiya settled into a focused walking meditation. Once she achieved the proper state of concentration, she started hissing incantations and drawing sigils in the air with the index and middle fingers of her right hand. She noted Mimi's wink, but couldn't respond to it without breaking her focus. Her Wards Against Undead were not especially powerful, but with any luck, they might turn away a gaggle of weak zombies, or at least slow down something more powerful. A few more moments of concentration to expand the Circle enough to surround the party, then a clap of her hands to complete the spell. With her Working was complete, she turned to Mimi and gave her a fleeting smile.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:42 AM

The dark jungle of the island certainly gave a feeling of otherworldly unease. As if somehow they'd come off the ship and stepped into the realm of the dead... what exactly sort of dragon WERE they looking for, if his nesting place was sucha realm!

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:45 AM

"Swamps, jungles, even deserts have life even if it's a bit foreign for me, but the life of the trees here are…" Ken seemed to grasping for words. "Gasping for existence…"

littlekreenToday at 11:48 AM

Ezzeg looked about the locale and replied to Raiya, "Can be. Some might be kinda dark nature spirits. Sometimes they merge with natural things."He looked over to the trees Ken looked at, "This place reminds me of what I heard of what our Zyndanties's place is like. Don't keep such a grip on life as this though. More like an eternal twilight. Don't seem like someone living on the other side of balance here."

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:51 AM

Zyndanties? Raiya thought. She didn't understand much about the Kobold's magic, except that it was not to be underestimated. She have a shrug. "Feels just like home," she muttered.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:55 AM

Brochan didn't like this feeling. " It feels like everythign here is dead.... Pickles, what sort of dragon did you make mad to get cursed?" He asked her nervously.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:56 AM

Pickles snorted. "I make all the dragons mad, just by nature of being more beautiful, powerful, and rich than all others."

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:58 AM

I'm going to miss her, Raiya thought. "Speaking of that...do you think that storm dragon is in cahoots? Will we be going up against both of them?"

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 11:59 AM

Brochan would look over at her. " Great, all the dragons. Okay, that's good to know. Let me rephrase the question then. "What sort of dragon on this island is mad at you?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:01 PM

Ken snorted with a laugh. "That Blue was trying to court. He's not interested in joining a rival," Ken remarked looking ahead. He seemed very interested in looking into the thick foliage

• Mimi was listening to the others. Nodding along until she thought she heard something behind her. "What's that?" She turned to look behind.

littlekreenToday at 12:06 PM

Ezzeg snorted and reached to pull his cask from its hook raising the lantern-like vessel and whispered words in draconic for red cast to glow from it. Faint faces shone in the air with glowering faces more of displeasure than hostility, "See anythin in the witchlight? I ain't bright enough to show invisible things too far. Keep your eyes up."

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:13 PM

Mimi looked around but she didn't notice anything. "Maybe I'm spooking myself," she said sounding unsure

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:13 PM

"That was courtship?" Raiya said. I can't say I was feeling the love, she added in her thoughts. She shook her head and brought her focus back to the present. Ezzeg's witchlight revealed the presence of evanescent spirits with scowling faces. Raiya started making gestures of respect, as it was rarely a good thing to antagonize the spirits of a place. She might have cast True Sight, except that she'd used more of her mana than she liked just for the Wards, and who knew how much she'd need to break Pickela's curse, even if she could figure out how?

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:15 PM

"Dragons often court with great shows of power," explained Pickles. She might have continued on that line of conversation, but like Mimi, Pickles was now eyeballing everything around them, like her hacklers had been raised. "We are being watched out here."

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:16 PM

Just like home, Raiya thought. What's the opposite of homesickness? she wondered. Whatever it was, she was feeling it now.

littlekreenToday at 12:19 PM

Ezzeg nodded at Mimi and lowered his hand as the witchlight dimmed, "Makes my arm cold to do that for too long. Price of flexing a shard of dragonblood."He nods at Pickles, "Don't doubt it. With this much leaking into everything every lost soul in the place might as well be a canary. No point for Zandanties to do courtship anymore and he don't much like visitors neither. Gets into matchmakin' I suppose. This place seem like power the whole hobby."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:21 PM

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEEEEE... screed... something. For a jungle the air was slowly becoming ice cold - enough to see their breaths in smokey puffs. Shuffling out in the trees and the bushes along the jungle floor was now becoming noticable. There was for certain someone out there. Multiple someones.

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:25 PM

Raiya gave Ezzeg a quizzical look. Absolutely nothing about this place felt the least bit romantic. How does a jungle even get this cold and stay a jungle?! she thought. Well, Ken did say the plants are gasping for life, so... With the sounds of creatures ruffling all around her, Raiya let her hand drift close to the hilt of her cutlass, but she didn't draw.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:26 PM

Ken tilted his hat down but otherwise did not show any sign that he noticed anything. He picked through the brush with no more care than before. "As long as they just watch…"

Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 12:33 PM

Brochan would watch nervously, keeping a grip on his sword, waiting for something to move first.

littlekreenToday at 12:36 PM

Ezzeg lowered his cask and reached out to steel himself against the spiritual cold in a quiet prayer in formal draconic as the black armor gleamed in writing of Raiya's spell like he were a scrap of vellum. A breath out ward and faint scraps of green flame pushed out of the visor, "The damned pay their due that they someday pay it all. Death must beget life. The rest his war hearts will burn."The cask faintly whispered in various languages instead of glowed and twirled the drakehammer, "We know we're heading in the right direction then."

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:37 PM

Raiya nodded her understanding. Never create enemies where they don't already exist, she thought, remembering a maxim she'd been taught in childhood. "Steady," she said, noticing Brochan's tension.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:38 PM

SKITTERSKITTERSKITTER went the rustling... until something finally floated out of the jungle itself. A terrible, frightening looking man? Dragon? A hodgepodge of patchworked parts all sewn together to make a single person! This terrifying muppet of a man stepped into the pathway and awkwardly tilted his head at the group. "KEKEKEKEKEKE what have we, what have we, new souls for the trees!"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:40 PM

"No. We're not here for that," Ken said with a shake of his head. "A song perhaps but not any souls. Will you hear the song?"

littlekreenToday at 12:47 PM

"Certain that debtors with bills to pay ain't no souls for trees." Ezzeg looked to the creatures then made a side glance toward Ken. He wasn't sure what Ken was on about but he was there to support it. Some sort of flesh golem partly writ out of dragonflesh. The gauntlet on his hammer ground somewhat as Ezzeg had an urge to smash the heretical thing.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:51 PM

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE "A song, a song, a song for the dead! Will he sing true or will he be bled!" cackled the strange muppet of a man dragon!

Pickles herself was all riled up and puffing up smoke, but so far hadn't been triggered into her usual draconic chaos. "The dead are tricksy things! I would be wary..."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:56 PM

Ken hoped the others were in their guard, though he was sure in a place like this they'd have to be. He nodded slightly at Pickles warning as he slid a flute out of his sleeve. The first trill was the memory of fire…

Mimi did NOT like the thing that was ahead of them. If Ken wasn't trying some weird form of musical diplomacy she'd have tried to smash its face in. Instead she kept looking around. Were the trees moving? That couldn't be a good sign.

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:02 PM

Raiya kept her expression neutral. She wasn't liking the threats from this patchwork revenant one bit, but Ken and Ezzeg seemed to know what they were doing. Like Mimi, she started looking around, to be ready for any attack from an unexpected direction.

littlekreenToday at 1:04 PM

Ezzeg wasn't a musical sort unless the needs really must and the unbound dead were choosy much less those with souls abused. He quietly shifted over near Pickles as Ken began to play, Setting his hammer down into the ground with a faint thump as it made contact. If this didn't work the other ones made enemies. Protecting the whole reason they'd come this far a point of concern for the witchknight.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:09 PM

Strange how the trees began to sway then, along with the haunting tune Kenough began to play. But with those haunting notes came voices from the jungle trees, whispered doomed phrases, regrets, sadness and gloom... messages for loved ones and messages of spite. Souls all trying to add to the music with their voices in their own odd sort of way. Eerie and giving of goosebumps.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:09 PM

Brochan would take a deep breath and hum a slow. " A song for the dead, a song for the dying. Surviving until tomorrow is always worth trying. A song for those who are lost without a word to say. A song of the doomed, the lost regrets of days. A song to make you cry, a song full of spite. Just keep singing til these souls past into the light

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:13 PM

The trick with a song so mournful was allow the emotion to come through. For some there could not be a happy ending, but there could be rest. An end to suffering. A end to torment. Forgiveness if not for the acts of the past in at least the fact it was the past and time inevitably must go on. And even if there shouldn't be, there is, absolutely always, as the song trails away, hope…

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:21 PM

Raiya kept her breaths slow and deep, willing herself to keep her focus on her Wards, regardless of how creepy things got.

• littlekreenToday at 1:25 PM

Ezzeg heard all the lost souls things hid away from an end not because they had done something wrong just because they had run afoul of some creature or entity. A dire thing. Souls might be kept but are not meant to be hoarded. His feelings were mixed at the sheer magnitude of souls roiling about in this place while being left unheard. A hand reached out to gently brush at the surface of a voice calling out to loved ones with the deathwatch eye gleaming beneath his armor. It was perhaps the only half-tactile sensation such a creature had seen in quite some time, "In the end there are also beginnings."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:33 PM

Wait- where did that muppet go! KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEEEEE came it's stilted weird laughter from behind Mimi. "Tick, tock, tick, tock, the souls run 'round the clock. Where you go from here may be free of tears, but he who waits 'round the bend will be feared." POP! The creepy bastard vanished, though the song of the souls continued to play on. A row of black flame torches suddenly began lighting up, one by one in front of them, apparently leading the way for their further travel forward... They were expected.

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 1:35 PM

Brochan would stare at the path. " Well, I don't like this, but we don't really have the chance, so who wants to leads the way?"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:40 PM

Mimi tried to turn around to stare down the scary muppet but of course all her eyes could focus on were shadows and swaying trees. When the black flame torches lit she turned back around. She cracked her knuckles. "No sneaking around now."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:44 PM

"This feels like a terrible moment to confess that this is a former suitor, but I cannot rightfully bring you lot into that taint of a dragon's lair without a few smalls confessions..." said Pickles, looking quite the prim and proper little dragon sitting there with her tail curled around her legs. As if she wasn't a whole ass menace to the world even in her tiny stature.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:48 PM

Ken was putting his flute back in his sleeve, starting to walk along the path as Pickles spoke. Despite the surefootedness of his elfish heritage, he nearly tripped at the word suitor. "Former is the important word."

littlekreenToday at 1:49 PM

Ezzeg looked to Brochan, "I suppose I should. I don't know what this means of the dragon thief but they're clearly powerful."He turned to Pickles, "Then perhaps not a mindless beast slaving the dead but one that demands respect. Fearlessness is for fools but we still have to go on. I have to agree he has good taste, Cap'n!"His sense of power changed from rather keeping something out than a twilight of transition. A wall against traitorous life fading in favor of a transition. The cask raised high he opened the cask door rather than what little grass was there turning brown a plant more spectral than green replaced them underfoot, "There is no salvation; all costs must be paid. The souls that pay the price of fear and service may prosper. Those both unbound and lost; enter and be judged."

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:54 PM

All this theatrics is just here to unnerve us, Raiya thought, willing herself to focus on her breath. In through the nose, out through the mouth...I am calm...I am centered...I am ready for whatever comes... she thought to herself as she took a step forward to the path between the torches. Then Pickles spoke. Raiya stopped in her tracks and turned to face the little dragon. You're telling us this NOW?! she thought. "...A suitor?" I don't like where this is going... she thought. "Right. Anything you could tell us might be the key to breaking...the...curse," she said, her words trailing off as Ezzeg carried out his ritual. Whatever was doing was sufficiently ominous to make her wonder just what she'd gotten herself into.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:00 PM

"If this hellscape of an island is any indication, I imagine to break the curse we'd have to petrifying the elf's d-"CLONG. CLONG. CLONG. Was that a freaking grandfather clock? On an island of dead souls? Perhaps a terrible hint that the time to break this curse was finally starting to run out....What will the crew find next as they explore deeper into the Island of Dead Souls? WHO is this messed up dragon? Will awful sacrifices have to be made in order to free these souls as well as regain the treasure of Pickela? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF PICKLES AND FRIENDS ADVNTURES!

Last edited:

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 10:33 AM

Deep inside the Island of Dead Souls our intrepid crew is walking, walking, walking through a creepy jungle where they are most certainly being watched by the souls that are trapped there. As they continue to move forward in the strange mist that has began to form, they can just barely make out the form of a mountain in the near distance and a set of stone stairs winding upwards towards a misshapen disaster of a crooked castle up above.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:00 AM

Mimi kept up the rear, but other than the constant watching there didn't seem to be any more threats. "I be no architect but, that's not a style," she whispered. Loud voices seemed a bad idea in this place

littlekreenToday at 11:04 AM

Ezzeg looked up to the tolling of the bells and turned back with his tail idly swaying behind him as the cask quietly flared blue around them, "Looks like we need to hurry on. Wouldn't want ta be late for the beatin'."The faint ectoplasmic grass swayed according to the flicker of the light as he tried to placate lost souls along their path.

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:15 AM

She used to live here? Raiya thought. This place was not at all what she'd been expecting Pickela's stolen lair to be like. This doesn't seem to fit her at all, she thought, casting a glance toward the vermillion dragon. But then...how much do I really know about her? What she was like before she was cursed...and what she'll be like after it's broken? Raiya continued on in silence through the gloomy forest. I wish we could just turn around, go back to the ship, sail into the sunset, and forget all about this place. She pushed that thought aside. Aboard ship, she'd faced hardships she'd never imagined as a Morngovian princess: hard work, the elements, the constant danger. Yet she felt the best time of her life starting to come to a close, with "afterward" still a blank void.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:17 AM

If Pickles had fur she'd be all fuzzed up. Clearly pensive and pissed and perturbed in all of the worse ways. "Keep lively... everything here has gone tricksy in the worst of ways. That taint licker has mucked up everything!"

littlekreenToday at 11:22 AM

Ezzeg started up the stairs though swung a ponderous hammer through the mist just for tiny shadows to flit away by the moving of his lantern, "Hmmm. Place fulla shadows like roaches. Souls ain't meant to rot or they catch bad kinds a flies. Sad state for a hoard forgettin' a territory."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:23 AM

Ken nodded solemnly. "This isn't right. I wasn't expecting this to be so… corrupted. He doesn't even understand what he was stealing for this to happen."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:26 AM

"Souls are not meant to be kept like pets or a hoard. Collect bones, collect persons! One does not disrespect the dead like this and prevent a soul from moving on. Bad things happen when you do not let souls move on..."That was an ominous phrase from Pickles, but she was skittering up the stone steps faster now. Seeming to find a new urgency in this problem of lost souls.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:28 AM

"If this is a reflection of who he is, I can see why you rejected him," Raiya muttered.

littlekreenToday at 11:36 AM

Ezzeg matched pickles pace with a clank of heavy bound armor and held the cask of no salvation high as a vessel leaving a wake. Tiny shadow vermin below him put on pikes of ectoplasmic grass and the flight flared just slightly, "They need vessels proper body or other kinds. This dragon a fool for just littering his land with them like some filthy smoke head."A misshapen constellation of bones raced through the path of translucent grass left in Ezzeg's wake and the cask let out a small whimpering cry of laughter in the flame. Ezzeg looked down at it for a moment, "Hm. Some still the brains to listen to my offer. Even a prison is a warm place for some lost souls knowing what's there isn't the cold. If he ain't care for them, then a warden will."

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:43 AM

Raiya picked up her pace to match the dragon's increased urgency. "This is just the sort of thing that gives necromancy a bad name," she said softly. If the guy who kept souls captive like fireflies in a jar thought it was creepy, well that said it all.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:46 AM

"So what's the plan when we get in?" Mimi asked as she took the steps up. "We're assuming he knows we're here, right?"

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:49 AM

"Is there anything you can tell us about him?" Raiya asked Pickles. "Will he have an army of undead minions? Traps? If that blue dragon was also wanting to court you, is there any way we could summon him so the two would fight?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:52 AM

"No!" Ken hoarsely shouted at the suggestion of trying to summon the Blue. He'd rather play the drums at a orc funeral, a multi day event! "We would have just more problems if we brought in another dragon. Which is why we are here now."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:55 AM

Speaking of here... as they climbed the long winding staircase a big giant black door, glowing purple around the edges appeared along the cliffside wall. Cracked open, even just daring them to walk on inside.

littlekreenToday at 11:56 AM

Ezzeg gave a grin with the lantern sputtering with a newcomer or absorbed verminous shadow every so often, "Careful, the shadows ain't got ears but they listen. Some of my wards know what they done and care to stay now. They lend me enough strength I hit the smoke head in the face. Of sorts. Good reason I didn't study the elemental-blooded dragons."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:56 AM

"I can tell you this blood sucking pucked hole of a donkey's ass has RUINED my beautiful aesthetic!" cried Pickles, looking at this new door with a fresh horror. "It's HIDEOUS."

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:02 PM

Raiya was startled by Ken's sudden shout, but she nodded acceptance. Now that she could see what Al-Mazahd had done, she could see why her Family would regard him as a mighty sorcerer, and Pickels would regard him as an idiot.

littlekreenToday at 12:07 PM

A look up and down the door he snorted, "Only thing holdin' the rotten sodden thing together is fear of what will happen if it dies in the smoke den he made it and magic. Wasteful. Another dragon is more problems 'less it's already on your side."His lantern shook as something rattled the bars and he laughed, "Oi! settle down in there, I'm gettin' to it! Listen to the revenants. Can form memories again and first thing they does is yell, tch."He swung his hammer at the door and pounded glowing cracks in in the wood, "Damned turgid magical bladders only wizards think're good."

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:15 PM

'Turgid Magical Bladders' sounded to Raiya like the name of a troupe of bards trying too hard for a cold-steel vibe. She agreed with the Kobold though, at least about the only part of his commentary that made sense to her: that all the spooky theatrics were a waste of magical energy. But then, with so much of it in the air, perhaps she'd be able to draw on its power...but only as a last resort, as it would surely be dangerous, perhaps to her very soul.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:22 PM

Once Ezzeg got the door cracked open, Mimi was less than impressed with the purple glowing entryway. "I expected, more? Like it looks like an old tinkerer's home. All spooky but no substance. Is this a mind trick?" She leaned over Raiya to see if she was missing something.

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:34 PM

With her wards still in place, Raiya focused on sensing the magical currents around her. "There is a great deal of magical power here," she said, as if her voice was coming from a distant place. "I think...he is feeding on the suffering of the souls he has trapped here. It is...bending the reality of this place toward misery. If I am right, he will have a magical focus somewhere, an item that will involve a crystal, probably black, blood red, or dark purple. If it is destroyed, his hold on these souls will be broken. Freeing them would be dangerous, but they will hate him far more than us."

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:36 PM

"Then lets go MENACE SOME SHIT." declared Pickles! Menacing and breaking things seemed right up her alley! Especially when it was someone else's!The tiny vermillion dragon skittered past everyone's legs to go running through the threshold of the grand glowing door. Into what USED to be a grand and elegant hallway. Everything now looked corrupted, damaged, and twisted into some foolish sorcerer's image. Making the tiny dragon all the more furious!

• littlekreenToday at 12:46 PM

Ezzeg got between the doorway crack after Pickles zoomied through and put his lantern to his belt. Gauntlets grabbed the purple doorway to push it open a little wider so the tallbloods didn't have to squeeze and gave a low throaty growl as he did so, "ErRrRgnh. Heavy door. No murder holes or ankle eaters on the foyer."Lantern back up ahead of him stepped through clanking in chase his hammer held low in one hand and lantern in the other the ectoplasmic grass as ranks of pikemen marching in his wake angrily spearing insignificant roaches of tiny shadows to convey them to the lantern. With a word in draconic the dragon-shaped helmet creaked in around his head. His eyes a faint blue a fall of mist squeezed past the grill around his mouth as he spoke, "I'm busy with what few escapees he already got. Can you feel where that sorta soul manacle's chained at, Raiya?"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:52 PM

Ken did not particularly like how Pickles ran ahead of them. In fact he was somewhat impatient as the kobold widened the gap for the rest of them. Once inside he was more and more unimpressed with what he saw. "It's going to be work to get things back in place," he said mostly to himself as he tried to find Pickles ahead of them. She was but a small red speck however. "I hope she doesn't try to challenge him to combat right away."

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:58 PM

Raiya slipped through the door and into the corridor beyond. She glanced at Ezzeg, and the soul-harvesting process he had going on. I'm not sure I want to see what he'll do with a powerful necromantic focus, she thought. "I can't feel it directly. It only makes sense that he would have it Shrouded. But it is very important to his hold on power here, so he would either keep it very close to him, or guarded by traps, magic, and probably undead hordes. It could also be disguised by illusion magic, if he has any skills in that College, or any servants who do.""We had best catch up with her then," she said, straining to reach out with her magical sense as she started to increase her pace.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:02 PM

The group had two options... Looking for the crystals or whatever it was this sorcerer dragon was using to bind the souls to the island. Or follow Pickles as she is absolutely going to jump on the man's face and eat it. Although... perhaps that would be just the distraction they could use! A splitting up might be in order...They'd have to choose quickly, as Pickles knew exactly where to go to find this asshole sorcerer. Twisting and leaping through the halls until they opened up into what should've been a beautiful grand room. With vaulted ceilings and wide open balcony windows looking out over the island. Instead there were shabby purple curtains, mounds of skeletons, and the ugliest, guadiest golden throne anyone could have put together. And on top of it was a very lean, extraordinarily handsome man robed in deep purple and chewing on a femur."YOU UPPITY PIECE OF SHIT WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY LAIR." boomed Pikela the cursed dragon so loud it echoed across all the halls!

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:03 PM

Mimi sniffed in disgust. "You said he's known and feared by your people but the Captain doesn't seem impressed. Think he's got more brawns, magical than brains?" Mimi wasn't sure if it worked like that. And then the Captain was telling off her would be suitor.

• littlekreenToday at 1:05 PM

Ezzeg looked to Ken as Pickles darted directly to where the dragon was likely to be, "Break their chains, Ken, and get me reinforcements! I'll get on front line with the Cap'n! Don't know how much the cask can take without me havin' to try a ritual dire, but we'll find out. Better chances than before."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:05 PM

Ken wasn't going anywhere but with Pickles. He pulled out something with wax paper. Inside was a pepper Raiya would recognize. "I don't have a head injury this time," he said as he looked over at her before popping it in his mouth, walking over to stand behind the small dragon, pushing down the brim of his hat.

littlekreenToday at 1:06 PM

"Ha, fine at the line then! We need that thing broken lest he rope souls in to cut us!" Ezzeg welcomed either way.

Ezzeg pulled up behind pickles with Ken, "The damned throne of dragongreed right there. Ought'a entomb 'im in it."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:10 PM

The uppity asshole on the golden thrown who was chewing a femur too one look at little cursed Pickles and the Elf that soon joined her, and immediately erupted into thrilled laughter!"Do you not love the smell of death in the air? This is what REAL power looks like Pikela. Not growing trees and playing harps like a prissy bitch. Oh- you brought more souls for me?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:12 PM

Mimi cracked her knuckles. Breaking things was something she was good at. A dragon though was a little big to just punch. Now if Raiya could find the little stone she'd be discussing maybe they could even things out a bit.

"What a pathetic waste of scales. You go sneaking in the night like a coward. And why because you were rejected? You can't have one person, one creature, to come to you willingly. You are worthless." What the hell was Ken doing?

littlekreenToday at 1:17 PM

Ezzeg looked at the bones, it wasn't death here, but rot of a different kind, "Death? No, ye bastard idiot. Wasted these are rotting. Not even bothered to put them in vessels but to huff the fumes! A smoke head atop a heap not rightly earned!"

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:23 PM

Raiya decided against wandering off in search of the necromatic focus, given that she had no idea where it might be, assuming it wasn't in his throne room to begin with. Furthermore, their party was small enough as it was without splitting up. Further furthermore, she wasn't the powerful sorcerer her comrades needed at a time like this, so going off on a dungeon crawl by herself or perhaps with Mimi did not seem wise.She arched her eyebrow at the sight of the "man" on the throne. Why would a dragon take human form? According to lore, dragons were extremely proud of their draconic forms, as they had every right to be. They were dragons! Pickela certainly validated the lore, in her adorable way. But this one, taking human form and even crafting his garish throne to the human size and shape?"'Power' looks like a man chewing on a bone like a dog? How twisted must your dragon form be, if you hide it in the skin of a human." Hopefully, taunting him would keep him distracted with his ego, while she kept her focus on her magical senses and taking in the room itself, in hopes of finding some clue, either to the location of his Focus, or to breaking Pickela's curse.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:31 PM

"It's because he looks like a spider tried to fuck a squid and then pissed all over his body!" exclaimed Pickles, puffing out plumes of fire and smoke. Even as small as she was, she wasn't about to take shit from some upstart wanna be. "Using human sorcery instead of his own innate power because his pathetic ass doesn't have any!"All of this taunting seemed to do the trick, as the sorcerer on the throne starting spewing his own purplish smoke from his nostrils. Tossing aside his bone as he rose from his throne. "Sorcery is TRUE POWER. LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE DONE. The gates to the underworld are mine now! -I- control who goes in and who goes out! -I- decide who moves on, and NONE MOVE ON. They are now my beautiful hoard! As for my form..."He huffed, he puffed, and as he did so he GREW. Stretching and popping and twisting until his human shape distorted into a looooong skeletal form of purple and black scales. Severe long twisted horns without any symmetry. Glowing eyes of purple and a snake-like tongue hissing and spitting."CAN YOUR LITTLE MINIONS DO WHAT WE DO, PIKELA. THEIR INSIGNIFICANT LIVES MILLING ABOUT LIKE ANTS. AN ANCIENT ONE SHOULDN'T BE WAISTING TIME WITH MORTAL MAN."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:34 PM

Ken crossed his arms, and leaned back on his heels. "Wow he looks even worse than when you rejected him. Can you even call yourself a dragon anymore? More like you're a husk being used by the human sorcerery." Ken made sure to emphasize the word human. "What are you going to do now?"

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:44 PM

The gates of the Underworld? Raiya thought. That sounds like a great way to anger the gods! Gates to the Underworld would have to be in a dungeon under the castle, or some place like a well shaft, she thought. But if he is a husk being used by human sorcery...I am a human. Such sorcery would flow more naturally through me... "How did you manage to access so much power in a foreign art, anyway?" she said to him.

littlekreenToday at 1:49 PM

Ezzeg looked up at the skeletal dragon with cold eyes having looked at one before, "Was told once that the gates have suffered many to try and block their way. Ain't none broken the covenant was wise, too. The only thing this git made is a hoard that will shrink to nothing in the fullness of time. Zyndanties learned that and the first thing we were taught."Ezzeg knelt with his lantern and it started to flare with thorny vines made just such a quiet prayer to the dieties of Death as Raiya rightly worried about, "A crime against the gate spoken aloud before a warden, a phylactery that rages with denial and corruption, revenants, adjuncts to they-who-watch-the-gates, a warden asks you take up your scythes, break chains the chains that bind the condemned. May we bear the weight of their vengeance."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:58 PM

They really didn't need their bony ungracious host to interrupt Ezzeg while dealing with his patron, so Ken finally took off his hat. "Tell me, how empty is your life you halfwit of a cracked egg? Because I am going to make sure here on out is much hollower."

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:59 PM

The dragon's voice boomed and shook the very castle and mountain as he laughed in the face of these cursed and mortal creatures. "DO YOU NOT KNOW THE DRAGON YOU SERVE? THE FAILURE THAT SHE IS? HOW SHE SPENT HER TIME HERE ON THIS MOUNTAIN LISTENING TO THE MUSIC OF THAT ELF INSTEAD OF GUARDING THE GATES OF THE DEAD. NOW THE GATES ARE MINE... AND YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH OF MY POWER."Taking in the mightiest of breaths he speeeewwwed out a terrible, rancid blasted of purple fiery plasma! Scattering the group across the grand room if they wanted to go unscorched! Leaving a trail of burned black across the ground and filling the air with such a choking stench of death that it was practically impossible to breath.Then faster than lighting he snapped forward, teeth glistening and CHOMP. A sickening, terrifying cronch as the entire body of Kenough was snatched up inside his jowls. GULP. And swallowed whole."FIND YOUR LOVER NOW, PIKELA! AHAHAHAHAA! WHO IS NEXT."....TO BE CONTINUED ON THE NEXT ADVENTURE OF PICKLE'S QUEST!

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 10:52 AM

WE RETURN TO OUR POTENTIALLY DOOMED CREW... Kenough has been swallowed whole by the sorcerer dragon, who was now turning his blowing fire towards the whole of the group in the grand room. Things seemed dire!

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 10:59 AM

Clinck clinck clinck. A sound almost inaudible with the chaos unfolding. The bag that Ken had been carrying landed on the ground its contents rolling out. More waxed wrap peppers of dubious potency. A pair of root wrapped handled daggers. And the odd necklace Raiya had returned, now shimmering with an inner glow and having miniature oak leaves as decoration. It was rosen gold and emerald green without any gemstones. It was a work of art about to be trampled.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:09 AM

For the first time this crew had ever seem, Pickles actually stood there in her tiny form frozen with such a look of horror that it was startling! Her little chest heaving out and down in a sudden terrored panic... but soon, those beady eyes of hers went from wide and scared to narrow slits. Plumes of smoke unfurling from her nostrils. She quite literally vibrated with a rage so pure that the very air around her began to heat up. In fact there was a sense of magic around here that hadnt been there before - she sure never used any magic prior around the crew! Yet those waves of heat now shimmer around her little body were actually becoming palatable in the grand room."You worthless, stupid, SON OF A BOG HAG'S PARASITIC TAINT."

littlekreenToday at 11:16 AM

Ezzeg has little time to dodge as he rose from petitioning the guards of the last though the cask at his side rattled with urgency as he felt like he was an empty basin about to be smashed from both sides with the faint ranchor of souls growing notice of the cask's trail seeking a way out. Making their way here none too slowly as a crack in the dam this dragon had made. So he did what he had to much like he'd told Ken he might and worried if he could manage it in the real. There wasn't time for doubt as he channeled to fill that new void he could now see after shifting in the labyrinth. The black metal bound armor he wore quivered and shifted in the face of dragon magic as the ichorous creature ate Ken and hardened his resolve having to channel the unbonded souls lending their aid to demand retribution.The esoteric dragon the size of a cart weathered the flame with seared scales as Ezzeg's voice picked up a much, much larger hammer making a shield for Pickles against the fire, "You own these souls no more than putting a golden cork in a rain barrel!He stood up on two legs, partly seared and bleeding, "Come then. I am going to hit you until I get Ken back."

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:20 AM

Raiya dove for cover behind a pillar, choking on the deathly stench from the enemy dragon's breath. She flinched at the sight of his head surging forward to snatch up Kennough in one bite. KEN?! she thought. He's a powerful wizard--if he has some way to protect himself, he'll be able to attack with impunity, she thought, clinging to faint hope. Then she saw his bag hit the ground. He'll need those things! she thought. With Ezzeg summoning dragonic magic and offering a challenge to the dragon, Raiya hoped he would have the enemy's attention. She took off at a run, zig-zagging and dodging as she went, aiming to snatch up Ken's items and get behind some other form of cover before they got smashed by the dragon's stomping feet and slashing tail..

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:31 AM

"LET US SEE WHAT SOULS I OWN AND WHAT I DO NOT..." bellowed the giant dragon. Despite the heated rage coming from Pickles' direction, this mighty dragon's powerful roar summoned up a magic of his own. Certainly not draconic in nature AT ALL as his haunting roar sent the temperature of the hall plumeting to misty ice. Moans and groans could be heard from all corners of the room.... Pallid, ghostly forms of bodies began to stumble out from around pillars, behind walls, and through the doorways. Crawling up from nowhere in the ground. Zombies, ghouls, and ghosts.... the dead rising.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:35 AM

Mimi felt out of her element. Grand magic, grander dragons. What was one little half orc girl to do? Be a pest! As she watched Raiya zigzag, on a mission, Mimi started to go around. Surely she could annoy just enough to… oh hell no not more ghoullies.. okay fine… she'd be a musical pest. "I am the very model of an orcish child star," she sang as she swung at the more corporal looking dead.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:02 PM

Pickles cared nothing about the souls rising and creeping out from every corner. She'd become a sunfire hot ball of malice! Darting across the floor in leaping bounds to launch herself at this ginormous evil dragon. Scuttling up his dark limbs and up to his giant head. "OPEN YOU PIECE OF IMMORTAL DUNG!" she shrieked, landing on the snout of his nose and for some insane reason trying to climb herself right into his maw! Prying at his lips and teeth to get it to open up!

• littlekreenToday at 12:16 PM

Ezzeg looked about at the rising corrupted dead, an expected consequence of them being severed from the gate for so long, and growled. A shake of his head throwing off flecks of blood. The hammer crackled and looked to the others, "I have allies to keep the soul rotten at bay and you'll pay for corrupting them and yourself!"A swing of the hammer as Ezzeg took a loose grip as draconic hands slipped down to the mallet in a fluid move to slap the sides of his jaw and skull with the barbed handle as not to hit soft flesh were ken might be or the top of the jaw where Pickles was.

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:24 PM

Raiya skidded to a stop next to Ken's bag. Quick check for threats, crouch, start scooping the items back into the bag. Suddenly, there were undead emerging all around her. She set her cutlass down just long enough to loosen the opening of one of the drawstring bags she had tied at her waist. She snatched up the bag and her cutlass just as she brought a billowing cloud of flour erupting out of the bag, whirling it around her to conceal her location.Zombies came at her, arms outstretched. Raiya slashed at their necks with her cutlass, one, two heads went flying. The third form to come at her had a rapier and main gauche, the dessicated corpse of some pirate captain with a wide-brimmed hat and ostrich feather. Raiya managed to slap away his first thrust with the long blade, but was forced to backpedal. The undead captain had more reach and superior skill. Driven from the limited shelter of her cloud of flour, she could hear the groans of the undead closing in from all direction.Raiya reached into Ken's bag with her telekinesis, pulled one of the daggers free with her telekinesis and shot it toward the undead pirate's eye socket. He swatted it aside with his main gauche and lunged again. Raiya tried to fall back, but tripped over something--a severed arm that was still crawling with the help of bony fingers--and literally fell back as the rapier shot through the air where she'd been. Raiya slashed at the captain's wrist, causing hand and rapier to clatter to the floor.The undead captain pounced on her, stabbing with the large parrying dagger. Raiya managed to grab his wrist with both hands, fighting back as he pushed the dagger down toward her throat. Dessicated as he was, he weighed a fraction of what he had in life, but even so his blade drew closer and closer.

• Ken's dagger stopped spinning and flying through the air. It turned back toward the pirate with a jerky, wobbly motion as Raiya struggled to keep her concentration. In a final surge of effort, the dagger came flying back and hit the undead pirate at the base of his skull. His mouth opened in a silent scream. Raiya was just able to shift his weight enough that the tip of his main gauche scraped against the flagstones with a spray of sparks, barely missing her neck. She let go of his wrist with one hand, seized the dagger, pulled it free and shoved it into the eye socket she'd aimed for originally. The undead pirate twitched and thrashed, a green mystic glow around Ken's dagger crackling against pale gray-white animating energy, until the latter gave way, and the corpse slumped, inert.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:32 PM

Mimi was singing in a mixture of Common and Orcish, unsure that singing really helped like songs had when they were approaching but it also wasn't hurting. It was like being rejuvenated with valor as she fought off the zombies, even as she lost ground. "The three to one, the five to one, I will never bow down…"Was it weird she was smelling flour? It didn't matter she was singing and fighting and the less corporal ghosties at least didn't seem to be bothering her. She then spun as she saw Raiya go down. "Not now, not on my watch, let the feather brain with a rotting itch, bear my new hat."One, two, steps and a swing and the zombie captain,s head went flying away…And a new horde of undead dogpiled Mimi!

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:37 PM

"Mnmhmm Mhmnm.. MNNYAHAHAHAHAHA!" That giant evil dragon really couldn't help himself. As far as he was concerned they were all ants being squished. So his giant mouth open in a roar of laughter and he cared little when Pickles skittered right inside his maw. Giving a mighty SNAP and loud audible GULP. Down the petite vermillion dragon went into the dragons gullet!"GONE! YOUR RED BITCH IS GONE! IT IS I WHO NOW RULES THE GATES TO THE DEAD. YOU AND ALL SOULS WILL NOW BOW TO MEEEEEEEEE!" he shrieked so loud the very mountain itself quaked. The dead shivered. His head swiveled counting who was left in the grand hall.Was this the end? Was this how they all died? Following a foolish elf and his cursed dragon straight to the gates of death itself?

• Zarko StraadiToday at 12:48 PM

Raiya heaved off the pirate's corpse, headless now, thanks to Mimi. She scrambled to her feet. Where's Pickles? she thought. In the heat of battle, she'd lost track of the little dragon. Mimi was being swarmed, and now the death-dragon was gloating, claiming that Pickles was 'gone.' We'll see about that, Raiya thought, opening herself fully to the currents of magic around her.She'd been taught spells of the Necromantic College, but her mana pool had always been too shallow to cast them. She was swimming in mana now, thanks to the enemy dragon's output. This is human magic, she thought. Not meant for your kind, she thought as she began making gestures and hissing incantations. She started pulling at the strands of control for the undead attacking Mimi.Her lips peeled back into a wicked grin as she felt more and more of the dark power flow through her. Slow them down, pull them back, and with any luck...turn them against their master.

• littlekreenToday at 12:54 PM

Ezzeg pressed his dragon spark into service as he resisted the chaotic forces around him clasping the head of his hammer and breathing in to give shape and form to the will. A feral hungry cold fought with a looming service from dark corners as he musterd his own forces and snarled, "What she is, is out of the way until I cut you open."His maw opened with the gleam of his cask somewhere at the back of his throat as a weaker undead quivered under a sprout of ectoplasmic plant life then collapsed. A dragon's roar came from Ezzeg with a stream of skull-headed coins erupted in a line toward the dracolich in a gnashing disruption smashing into the bony figure.He stumped forward in the strange and careful dance learned from masters who told him to 'fight like a dragon' and didn't expect it his hard work to be different from 'fight as a dragon' in the ossuary's hall. But they approved. Graceful and fluid movement he'd had to figure out on his own with of a power strike at the dragon's shoulders or hips. Hip swirls with a balancing tail shifting his grip on the return to lead into a flourished jab with the thorny haft of his drakehammer with the mallet in the palm of his clawed hand and readying for another strike.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:07 PM

In a weird twist of fate, Mimi decided, she would drown in battle. She had never really feared drowning at sea, it had oddly enough felt more like home than home. Fighting however was not how she saw herself go down either. She tried to be a champion of those around her, when she wasn't fighting for her own survival, but she never considered herself a warrior. Her mother would be proud of her right now. Mimi wished her mother could be proud a different way. There was still singing, or at least humming, for she was not only drowning in a sea of corpses but being stabbed at. All in all, very unpleasant. Still she would fight on. She wasn't a quitter. And then the weight seemed less, and she was having an easier time punching her opponents, and finally she was able to push back enough to swing her blade. What miracle of mercy had given her this chance?
Mimi glanced over and saw Raiya. Of course!Mimi belted out. "And I….I will continue to fight, with youououu…"

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:11 PM

"NYYAAARGGHH!" bellowed the dark dragon. Well occupied in dealing with Ezzegg's onslaught of attacks. Swinging his dragon arms and attempting to snatch up the kobold in his claws. When that didn't work he was attempting to swing his long massive tail as a giant mallet to come crashing down and crush him! All the while forgetting the need to command his undead hoard. Raiya's magic and theft of mana actually starting to work at turning the tide of the zombie bodies, ghouls and ghosts. Less and less of them attempting to attack her and Mimi ad even Ezzegg. Stopping in in their tracks moaning pitiful sounds of anguish. Whatever this dark dragon had been doing with them - keeping them trapped and rotting away like meat in the hot sun - was endless torment for these souls.

• All the while there was still Pickles. No. PIKELA. THE VERMILLION DRAGON. Heated up as hot as the sun itself with breath held as she clawed and slithered through the ichor of his insides down through his stomaches searching for the pointy eared elf. Somehow finding herself quite confused when she hit head first into what felt of wood and vine. Twisted and thick inside the dragon's stomach, covered in huge sharp thorns! So the elf was resiliant after all, even in the guts of a feral dragon!Puffing puffing puffing, Pikela summoned every ounce of draconic magic she'd reserved inside her small body. Conserved and cultivated over the long cursed time she'd been so tiny. Errupting her whole self into those plasma flames of the very sun. A pure ball of exploding fire catching those wooden vines to flame along with her and practically roasting the dark dragon from the inside out!

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:21 PM

By now, Raiya was able to piece together where Pickles was. I hope he's right, she thought in response to Ezzeg's taunt. She put her full effort into pulling the undead back from Mimi, and holding back the ones coming for her. Dark currents threatened to overwhelm her, carry her away. Don't fight a force...use it... she thought, remembering her magical training.Good, gooood...I feel your hate...and I hate with you, she thought, tapping into her own reservoirs of that emotion, and directing it toward the dracolich. "I forge the Sigil of Stregovor!" she said, drawing the symbol in the air with her fingers in trailing wisps of light the color of cobwebs, then pointing at the dracolich with a shaking finger. "TEAR HIM LIMB FROM LIMB! FEAST UPON HIS WITHERED SOUL! I, RAIYA KARPOVA, SORCERESS OF MORNGOVIA, COMMAND IT!" she shouted.The dracolich was starting to be lit from the inside like a lantern...and Raiya could feel it! Pickela's magic, firing up in a surge of power. Raiya started to laugh in a low, evil cackle as the undead horde turned and began to advance on the enemy dragon. Raiya shuddered with the sheer volume of dark power flowing through her. Now, let's find out where your Focus, and your Hellsgate are... she thought, reaching out with her senses toward the origins of the enemy's magical power.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:32 PM

Now tapped into the same human magic that the dark dragon seemed to be drawing from, Raiya could almost feel the pulse of it. Somewhere in the great hall, shielded by a magical camoflage... beating much like a heart, steady, strong. POWERFUL. FAMILIAR. That same warmth and glow that she could tell was Pikela inside the dragon - it was mirrored elsewhere, hidden in the great hall. She'd just have to search for it!

littlekreenToday at 1:40 PM

Ezzeg's black iron draconic form responded to the attacks as the storm between orderly powers of death and the forces of chaos left a riotous swirl in the field of magic. Though unlike the dracolich his was trained from draconic powers in the faint ancestry that came with many kobolds but in witchknights their strongest. They were to be conduits for the raging elements of the world, not their masters. The mallet clutched in his hand offered a defense with the swirling draconic style for the semi-biped body as wings corrected his rotation and tail faintly tapped the ground for support rather than offense. The mallet head intercepting one of the dark dragon's swipes at the wrist with a loud clap of disruption of incompatible energies as the haft intercepted the other arm in a ricochet of force to keep the largeer dragon from slicing him open more but drew a line of purple down Ezzeg's black scale as it wrote litanies from the souls warring from inside a dark fortress carved in their name not their collars.Flowing with the blow and the battle the energies required him to hold his focus and follow the battle as it raged. A conduit for draconic violence as Raiya cast her spell and the cries in his mind drove him to instinct in dropping backward to the ground with the oncoming tail above him bracing the drakehammer like a pike set for a charge the barbed handle. on his back claws first shouted at the oncoming limb in a gutteral draconic magic, "Zu'un los daar sul!" no one will surpassA raging injection of bones and will usurping the flesh warped by human magic as a meaty wound separated and tore into faces. Giving the power Raiya unleashed a venue to crawl away from a slavemaster given form from out of his unflesh. Burying Ezzeg in ichor and rotten wills less concerned with Ezzeg than cutting away from inside the dark dragon's body at their hatred of him but softening the blow pounding the breath out of the impact.

Zarko StraadiToday at 2:03 PM

I... Am... POWERFUL! Raiya thought. I could seize this power...master it...sweep all aside and rule here...Father and Mother would be proud of me for once, perhaps even a little afraid... Then she felt it: a presence, warm and bright, flecked with confident joy. A reflection, or perhaps, a container, of Pickela's essence. Set it free, set the undead free, break the dracolich's power...and she would in all likelihood go back to being a mana-less 'sorceress' who could barely cast cantrips.You can either seize and wield power, or you can be at the mercy of those who hold it. There is no other choice in life. Weakness is the only crime that never goes unpunished. Words of wisdom from her father echoed in her mind. With this power I could return to Morngovia in triumph! I could... Her father's harsh, cruelly-lined visage flashed in her mind's eye. I could, what? Be like him?Other words flickered in her mind, words of encouragement from Pickela, urging her to be who she chose, to forge her own destiny. A glimpse toward valiant Mimi, fighting at her side. No, father. There is another choice. Solidarity, she thought, standing with my crew.Her eyes cast about, searching for any clues to the Focus that held Pickela's full power caged. You'd want to sit enthroned upon her, wouldn't you, you malicious bastard, she thought, heading toward the dragon's throne. Touching its cool golden surface, she reached out with her senses, looking for the restraining forces she would need to break in order to release the vermillion dragon from her curse.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:12 PM

Raiya's instincts were right on the money - or in this case, the throne! That gaudy, ridiculous display of ego and power practically hummed with a grotesque seal trying it's damndest to contain what was trapped inside. Already straining with the dark dragon's expendures of trying to fight of Ezzegg as well as that burning that now scortched his insides. So close to cracking and only needing that one last push...The dark dragon himself was howling with rage, swinging limbs and tail, fireballs and poison mist from his nostrils! Trying to pry and throw and smash the undead away from his ravaged body! "YOU WORTHLESS LITTLE SHITS DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM! I AM DEATH! I AM ETERNAL! I WILL TAKE THE MAGIC OF THE HUMAN WORLD. OF THE ANCIENT DRAGONS. OF THE REALMS BEYOND THIS. I WILL BRING THE BLACK VOID TO THIS LAND AND YOU WILL KNOW FEAR!"

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:12 PM

Mimi kept at Raiya's side, but now they were no longer under attacked by undead. Still this was a battle field and she wasn't going to keep her crewmate vulnerable. "Anything I can do to help with…that?"

• Zarko StraadiToday at 2:17 PM

Raiya turned to Mimi and gave her a feral grin, a glint of red in her eyes. "Smash it," she said, then moved her hands in a sweeping circular gesture, gathering power. A sphere of gray cobweb-like energy gathered between her hands, becoming more palpable, more real, Thrusting her hands toward the throne, she unleased a torrent of magical energy at the skein of mystic forces that held the dracolich's seal. With Mimi to destroy its material substrate, their powers could combine against his seal on both the physical and magical levels.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:20 PM

Mimi returned Raiya's grin, just as feral. "With pleasure!" She rolled back her shoulders as she felt Raiya uses her magic, and with her hands laced together she took up a stance and swung down to hammer down on the trap on the throne

• littlekreenToday at 2:28 PM

Ezzeg rose from the ichor as bloody arms pushed him up glowering at the dark dragon. Switching his hold to a proper one leveled it at the dragon trying to fight off spirits raging out of his own flesh spat back with a wheezy bile,"And who do you think taught them the beauty of magic, fool? dragons that forsake their nature for death and greed?"Only the elves and a few others might disagree but he knew it was a bit of dogma that would rile the flailing undragon. And one raging and flailing proves easier to dodge as wings thrust him about in a swirling flight battle dance on the ground. His hammer striking in bolts of disruptive energy. A rap of a bone tail made him wince but kept the pressure on while keeping his head.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:38 PM

As if it were fate itself for them to all work tandem... a beautiful merging of four forces. Mimi's tenacious strength. Raiya's faith in her magic. Ezzegg's loyalty. And deep inside the dark dragon's bowls, Pikela's fiery passion. They could ALL feel it when the curse shattered. The sizzling shock wave that threw Raiya, Mimi, Ezzegg and even hoards of the undead across the great hall away from the dark dragon. That very dark dragon whose shadow form seemed to expand and bloat, sinew and scale crackling as he swelled up to a round ball of twisted meat until he quite literally exploded into a raining downpour of blood and gore! The smell of roasted meat somehow actually smelling fantastic in comparison to the stench of death that had shrouded the mountain lair. In his place, growing larger and larger by the second was a blazing flame. As bright as the sun and impossible to look at. By the time it faded the grand hall was filled with the massive form of a ruby red dragon, thrice as large as what her dead nemesis had been. Shimmering like a gem with hints of gold. Etherally beautiful so much so even a human mortal might be enchanted with such a beast. Pikela in her truest of forms, a radiant ancient creature ROARING her success with a stomp of her feet.Only to quickly quiet. A slow blink of eyes as she lowered her giant head down, down, down to the ground seeking the prone form of her elven companion. Somehow even in this massive form having a softness of concern on her dragony features.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:43 PM

For a moment there was no movement. Then around the elf were shoots of greenery. Small woodland seedlings seen at the end of a great forest fire. There was small movement then, not from the magically sped up growth as the elf stirred. Then he blinked and looked up. "Oh, Love, you look beautiful," he whispered.

• littlekreenToday at 2:56 PM

Ezzeg saw the bloated form and knew what was happening as he noticed the other two working dilligently on the throne when the noise of crack entered the hall. His wings stretched in dark laughter as the explosion of gore erupted in flame replacing the chaos with fire as the souls turned to a joyous riot. Lifted off his feet by the nova of firey energy the ten foot tall dragon skidded wetly across the hall floor in a clatter as the hammer skittered away. The gigantic ruby true form of Pickela had some of the revenants jesting at him as he quieted the thoughts remembering the elf she'd gone to help. A turn onto his good arm got back upright though limped his way over on three legs as the slashes on his black scaled chest had indeed taken their toll. Only ten feet to the shoulder he sat on his haunches as he got to the two of them the death dragon's hold finally broken he grew in size if slightly as souls made their way to the warden's cask amid the warm light pikela cast.Sat on the ground beneath her folded one claw underneath him looked to Ken, "Good to see you're still with us, Ken." He looked up wincing at the slashes in his scales seeping, "It's a beauty worth climbing, but on both sides now, I think. what fortune to find a way to grow more beautiful than what I see is now."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 3:01 PM

The next thing Raiya knew, she was flying through the air, then after a bone-jarring impact, skidding across the floor. Like a belated guest, Ken's bag slid into her with a thud-rattle. She shielded her eyes against the blaze of brilliant light. Only when it began to fade could she part her fingers enough to peer through...and see the legendary Vermillion Dragon growing back into her full majesty. Raiya's eyes went wide with awe.She climbed painfully to her feet. There'd be bruises, but so far as she could tell, nothing was broken. Then, the power she'd gathered was torn away from her. Like a strained rubber band suddenly released, the necromantic mana surged in a whirlpool through the floor at the center of where the death-dragon's throne had been, down, down through floors and halls and store-room and guardhouses and dungeons, to a well shaft in the deepest recesses beneath the castle. Surrounded by tall black standing-stones carved with runes, the well was filled with black water that did not shine or reflect in ripples, but remained as black as a shard of moonless, starless night.The storm of energy poured into the stones, lighting their runes with leprous gray-green energies. The stones rumbled and throbbed. Cracks began to form, widen, and fill with energy. Then, one by one, the standing stones shattered, and with them, the necrodragon's hold on the way to the hereafter. Though some souls were drawn into Ezzeg's cask, the rest floated free, drawn upward through the great hall's vaulted ceiling to begin their next journey.

.Raiya felt the power she'd gathered ebb away, leaving her feeling exhausted, numb, stunned...and hoping she'd made the right decision. What...what happens now? she thought. Pickela was truly wondrous, and Raiya felt like she could just stare at her forever. But who would the dragon be, now that she was returned to her full power and glory?

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 3:09 PM

"You're a foolish elf," said the giant vermillion dragon to Kenough. A glowing glint in her eyes. Tilting her head she regarded the battered crew that had joined her in this quest, and indeed were the only reason now she were her true self once again. Then up around at the grand hall of what used to be her beautiful lair."...this must be repaired." With a deep, deep breath she sucked in and then lowered her head to the stone ground. Releasing that breath in a looooooong blow of gold mist. Warm and comforting compared to the terrible skin crawling feel of death the prior occupant had given before. Pikela's magic was inviting, soothing, a pleasant feel as the mist spread outwards in the grand hall, changing everything it touched from the dark terrible hues to bright clean marbles and natural stone. A pool of golden water rising up from the depths of the mountain, like an inviting spring. Where souls that hadn't yet rising up into the air or floated off found themselves drawn deep within. The way it was MEANT to be. Ushering the souls of the departed where they could pass on with peace.And then this puff of breath she gently blew over Ezzegg, Raiya, and Mimi. Healing and comforting those aching wounds. "There are no words that I could give that would express my gratitude and thus... as promised, you may have all that my lair has to offer. Be it treasured gold, gems... or the peace of a home. You are welcomed as my hoard."

• Lucky, Phantom of the DiscordToday at 3:24 PM

Porkchop was very good at being fashionably late as he dragged Brochan in tow. " Sorry, we're late, we had to deal with a lot of the undead and it was a bit hard to get past them. Turns out you can't sing the dead to charming and it's still hard to make my portal things too..."

littlekreenToday at 3:28 PM

Ezzeg breathed in the puff of breath as his shoulder made a popping noise when it pulled back into place. Cuts and burns on his scales receeding as new ones took their place the old broken ones droppping to the floor with clinks as they creaked into iron skull coins that partly littered the lair now. A toothy maw grimaced from the pain with a soft growl and made a clawed fist with the damaged arm to fold it underneath him after. a turn of his head looked into the distance toward a door where nothing seemed to be as he noticed the chains upon the souls breaking. The patterns and flows that ought to be returning to normal as faint knocks came to the bars of the cask.He looked up to Pikela with a warm waiting service hiding a glance or two of more base interests, "What I desire is to serve worthy dragonkind, Cap'n. A home, I think, I already have in your service. Though I do have other duties it seems."He looked to his side where a faint presence placidly waited for the warden's attention. He looked to one side where a patient presence of a reaper stood as he could see, "I know you don't interfere.You're still late. Penance yet paid for some, reaper. The others I claim only by refuge. I do not deny them."He opened his toothy mouth as a faint bony hand appeared from the ether to reach in, plucking gold and silver coins from somewhere in Ezzeg's throat. Until his draconic form had not the lent strength to hold, and Ezzeg shrank to an armored kobold, mouth still open, coins of broken souls too weak to ascend on their own removed from the cask. One a terrified and confused pixie, who the hands merely cast aside to flutter to the floor and cry joyfully.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 3:32 PM

Ken looked over at Ezzegg and grinned but his eyes wandered back to the grand dragon before them. He sat up and got up on his knees but did not seem to concerned with standing as he watched his Pickles right what had been wronged. "Better," he agreed but with a look saying that it was but the start. "I think it will be nice that more voices will be here."

Zarko StraadiToday at 3:37 PM

As healing, cleansing power flowed through her, Raiya felt as if she were being embraced on the deepest possible level. Don't cry...can't cry...can't show weakness, she thought, but the tears broke loose and ran down her cheeks anyway. ...The peace of a home... 'Home' and 'peace' had never gone together in Raiya's mind before. I could stay here? she thought. Her family would have to think twice, and think again before trying to attack her here under the protection of a truly mighty ancient dragon. There was also still a ship in the harbor, so perhaps she could look forward to further adventures to come.But if there was one thing she knew about her family, it was that great wealth and power had not given them happiness, even as much as she'd had singing some silly sea shanty with the crew while battening down the hatches in the rain. So Raiya knew that she would not grasp for a reward of treasure or magical trinkets. 'The peace of a home,' now that was something strange and exotic and wonderful-sounding."...I can stay here?" she said. Now the air was crackling with the wholesome magic of the Vermillion Dragon, she felt sure that, if there was any place that would be maximally auspicious for her efforts and learning and wielding the powers of sorcery, this was it. She could never tell the crew just how tempting the allure of dark power had been, but now that she was free of it, she shuddered at the thought of what she could have become if she'd made the wrong choice.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 3:41 PM

Mimi leaned into Raiya's space to give her a one arm shoulder hug. She wasn't sure exactly the other woman was weepy, but with everything that had happened it was understandable. "If you are amenable Cap'n I would like to continue to sail on your fine ship for the time being, but if this can be always a safe harbor…"

littlekreenToday at 3:46 PM

Ezzeg looked up at something that seemed barely there at all as the skeletal hands brushed him off. He looked to Mimi, "I'll send word to the lads at the temple. Speakin of, they can bring my tools and build a drydock." He looked up at the beautiful vermillion Pikela having to worry less about standing at attention when wearing armor than as a dragon, "If that suits, Cap'n. It's your home."

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 3:47 PM

Ken looked around at the crew he'd assembled for Pickles. He looked at the odd assortment that now stood in the hall of the Vermilion Dragon. He smiled and then looked at her again. "Pikela, most beautiful and powerful in all the land and seas. Before anything else happens, I would like to request my boon, if it is not considered too importunante." He stayed kneeling where he was. "I would request the formal recognition of me as yours, wholly and eternally."

Zarko StraadiToday at 3:54 PM

Raiya felt Mimi's strong arm wrap around her, and abruptly returned it with a full embrace. Moments later, she pulled away, blushing and quickly wiping away tears. "Aye...the ship needs repairs, and I should see if there's anything I can to do make sure no other scalawag ever puts a curse on our Captain again."

littlekreenToday at 4:00 PM

Ezzeg grinned at Ken's request though he had similar interests kobold tradition the one with the eggs that asked one to join their inner troupe. Though otherwise neither particularly selective about their pairings within it. He just whistled in appreciation, "There's an idea, eh? elves do it different!"

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 4:01 PM

Even in her massive form, Pikela had a habit of puffing up and preening. She knew she was beautiful, she knew she was grand and wonderful. And it warmed her heart to know these fledging creatures wanted to be a part of her precious hoard. As it wasn't treasures that Pikela valued, it was souls. Dead souls, living souls... the Vermillion Dragon desired nothing more than to cultivate little living things and see them grow, flourish, and then pass on to their next life. She was a dragon of life....and then Kenough went and ruined her preening! If a red dragon could turn redder, she certainly did! Pikela's massive body exploded into a mist of gold and when it dissipated there stood a petite statured women, with hair deep red and eyes like rubies. Pointed ears and a silk gown that looked as if it was made of golden sunbeams. This mortal form almost as enchanting as her gorgeous ruby scales and she appeared to be both furious and delighted at the same time."You idiot! What took you so long to ask!" And thus what was cursed and broken was free again... A new family formed at a mountain that would soon have a new name and a new legacy.JOIN US FOR ONE LAST TIME... FOR THE WEDDING OF PIKELA AND KENOUGH!

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 10:42 AM

IT'S BEEN SEVERAL WEEKS SINCE THE CURSED SPELLED ON PIKELA THE VERMILLION DRAGON HAD BEEN BROKEN... and today is finally the day of the grand wedding! The Island of Dead Souls restored to it's proper glory of being a beautiful passage way to the next life and not a death trap of suffering. The decor is grand, gorgeous, and elegant - what one would expect from an ancient dragon and an equally as ancient elf. With guests coming from around the globe and beyond the realms to places one could never even dream of. What a beautiful day for a wedding!

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 10:54 AM

Ken had been never more than eyesight away from Pickles, in most cases he was leaning on or holding her, depending on form. For the first time since her curse was broken the elf was not seen with Pikela.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 10:57 AM

Pikela herself was in her enormous dragon form, splooted on the beach stretched out and sunning as dragons were want to do. Bidding her time for there ceremony itself. Kenough did all of the planning, being a silly elf and all. All Pikela needed to do was be as beautiful as ever and show up!

littlekreenToday at 10:58 AM

Ezzeg had let the lads know he needed tools and that the ordeal was done though never did quite say how. As he changed out of his armor it was clear the kobold had grown over the course of adventure and had brought something back from within him in as he returned from his dragon form. It was rare to see kobolds with dragon blood as much as Ezzeg if it wasn't the fault of the dragon in question. It hadn't taken long for a warship to arrive on the horizon though it bore a white flag of peace as it approached. When an entire ship of kobolds much like him of varied metallics and chromatic kobolds disembarked with the sign of a celtic knot it was clear they were under someone's employ. Certainly dragons might recognize the emblem as Zyndanties' own even if they didn't know his name making very few appearances and did not hold court. The kobolds all spoke an incomprehensible draconic brogue that Ezzeg dropped into as soon as he met them. They didn't have much need for formal wear and he needed something built. As that had been the goal, Ezzeg soon showed up in the armless tuxedo built robustly for one with arm spikes and sharp scales.

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:17 AM

Raiya willed herself not to fidget in her high-necked gown, but to maintain a presence of silent dignity. Maybe none of them will come. Maybe they won't recognize me, she thought. Yes, Pikela had promised to eat her family if they threatened her, but that would most definitely cause a scene at her wedding. Maybe Morngovia will just sends some diplo-- That hopeful thought was cut off by a stentorian voice announcing there arrival, starting with her father, then her mother and siblings. Morngovia must really want to ingratiate themselves with the new power, if they've sent the whole family! she thought. Maybe they won't-- But Raiya could already see her older sister Octavia searching nervously among the wedding party until their eyes met. Octavia's eyes went wide, as if she'd been expecting and fearing that Raiya might be there. Raiya hiked her chin, her expression cool and remote.Gown:

littlekreenToday at 11:21 AM

The lads showed up to help Ken with guests, as much a flotilla of muscular short kobolds to corral guests, in less ostentatious serving wear in that same celtic knot symbol. Ezzeg however left to see the others and gave a thumbs up to Raiya. While fidgeting with his own gear more that the heavy material was new and slightly itchy.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:25 AM

When Mimi agreed to be the flower maiden (I'm no girl!) she assumed it would be a role similar to what she'd witnessed at small human weddings. She did not expect to be bedecked with flowers. She should have known better. ELVES! But she secretly was enjoying it, especially when she passed yet another group of elves who started to whisper frantically with themselves as soon as they recognized her role. Sneaky elf he was doing something choosing her instead of one of his kin or kind. As long as they only talked behind her back she didn't care… she still worried about her back though. "Are those yours," Mimi asked Raiya as she looked at the new humans who'd shown up.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:26 AM

Speak of terrible people to show up to the wedding... "Queen" Imetia, Kenough's wretched sea pirate cousin was there, dressed to the nines and looking miserable about it. But it was a family wedding and she was obligated to attend. At least it gave her the opportunity to shamelessly flirt and to gossip.

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:30 AM

Raiya gave the mighty kobold a nod and a subtle smile. Now that she was in a fancy dress at a formal function, the training in savoire-faire from her aristocratic upbringing was back, and she was determined not do do anything that would disrupt Pikela's wedding. "...In a manner of speaking," she said in reply to Mimi's question. "My real family sails a pirate ship." she said, giving the Orc a grin. "You look lovely by the way," she said, hoping that would be a compliment. Mimi was the first Orc she'd ever met in person, and for all she knew they had entirely different standards of aesthetics and beauty.

littlekreenToday at 11:32 AM

Ezzeg finally headed over after shaking his leg a bit to unbunch the fabric finally getting it into a place where the tightly fitted clothing didn't cling. He followed their gaze and looked back over with his faint accent, "Eh? Ain't the only one. I see the problem child's ere too. Boss has somethin' for ye when he gets here, Mimi. Somethin' tae do with flowers?"Kobolds had a different view of family more than blood and gazed at the odd folks pointed out again, evaluating, "Family is ones that hold the line when you cannot. That care for yer home and yours. Blood only says where yeh from."

Zarko StraadiToday at 11:34 AM

"Exactly," Raiya said, giving Ezzeg a nod of agreement.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:35 AM

Mimi obviously liked Raiya's answer about family, a big grin forming on her face. "We'll grab the cap'n and Ken for a family portrait sometime. That'd take what, an afternoon?" She nodded in agreement with Ezzeg and smirked at more elves when Raiya completed her look. "It makes them squirm and I love it. Hope this thing Ken wants is in the pattern of that."

littlekreenToday at 11:40 AM

Ezzeg looked up and rolled his eyes, "Portrait? Ah, I'll have to fiddle with these fancy pants first and drain the dragon if I'm gonna sit that long. Ought to make a good backdrop for her in the background!" He considered it with a tap on his jaw, "We'll have to sit a bit closer to the board."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 11:41 AM

Make them squirm... Raiya thought. Well, why not? Octavia was already whispering in her father's ear, so she went ahead and met his eyes with a steely gaze. She'd chosen her gown to compliment the red scales and gold accents of her Captain, the glorious Vermilion Dragon, so it was clear just whose team she was on.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 11:42 AM

Speaking of Ken he still wasn't to be seen. There were hints that he was near as the trees around, now with new foliage were swaying as though there was a chaotic breeze, but the sky was clear and the ocean breeze was light. Subtly the changing wind in the trees started to sound more and more intentional until those that were listening could hear a melody forming.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 11:52 AM

After a good bit of warming herself in the sun until she was roasty toasty, Pikela picked herself up off the beach and took to the sky. Much like her husband to be, she too was all about the drama. Choosing to fly above the island and make it VERY CLEAR THIS WAS HER ISLAND and everyone was expected to ooo and aaaah over her glorious beautiful ruby scales.

littlekreenToday at 12:05 PM

Ezzeg rose each brow in turn looking around furtively his tail twitching back and forth at the end as he looked over at one of the other kobolds, "Boss is here. Somethin' took a bit of doing. Achta, you're up!"The kobold stopped where they were to salute and put a towel across a chair just to close their eyes with a wide stance. Their soul quivered as life pulsed with a druidic energy as the soul reshaped, for a little while, into someone greater. A dragon in hybrid form with metallic horns the skull almost elk-like and black eyes with a blue flaming pupil. Zyndanties coalesced and shook his head the scaled ears twitching and faint fluttering leaves seeming to burn as the frills of his tail.He produced a small glass globe with feet and some moving plant inside and quietly moved over to Ezzeg then nodded with a terse, "Witchknight Ezzeg."Hand extended to Mimi he introduced himself as he offered the glass snow globe full of flower petals and a certain imprisoned plant, "Zyndanties. I believe you are to use this particular... item? Just put your hand on its back toward the target, and say flùr."The snow globe had a simple label in elven, 'I do not rehabilitate plants. Return to sender.'

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:08 PM

Raiya's eyes briefly followed Pikela as she rose into the air, the wind from her wings whipping the mermaid tail of her dress. As much as she would have preferred to simply watch the dragon fly with eyes full of wonderment, she turned her gaze back toward the Karpovs to regard them imperiously. That's right. I'm with her.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:12 PM

Mimi wasn't one for deference but this was her shipmates patron and she liked Ezzeg so she gave a low-ish nod as she took possession of the snow globe object. "Thank you." She then took a closer look and realization dawned. She looked back at Zyndanties and grinned big.

littlekreenToday at 12:16 PM

A certain playfulness one needed for a life as long as a dragons and he was a thing of the in-between. Zyndanties added with a curl of one lip, "Just don't drop it. Wouldn't want that to roam free, quite yet. The stream of petals won't do harm. To the plant at least. Send the elves my very florid regards for the ceremony, hmm?"

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:20 PM

Not far away there was a small group of elves gossiping. Two looked ageless as most elves do but one looked tired and wary of the world. "I still don't understand. When did he meet her?" "He's always been aloof. Maybe she took pity on him." "Not always. Just since THE Human war." "That's like forever ago!"

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:30 PM

Once Pikela had her fill of showing off her beautiful dragon nature she dive bombed the wedding area with her entire self, caring not if silly nobles were knocked over by the force of wind from her wings. Landing with a magical POOOOOOF of golden mist to her humanish elven... persony body. Petite and stunning as it was, in a red wedding gown absolutely meant to garner attention and scandalize uptight guests. "Where is my bouquete! I need to stand at the alter and look so spectacular that the elf faints before coming down the isle!"

• littlekreenToday at 12:36 PM

Zyndanties nodded toward Pikela and looked at Ezzeg, "I think you may be needed, witchknight, we'll talk of your gift at a time more appropriate. Though I do wish you luck, two-tails." He gazed toward Pikela as one would enjoy a painting, "You always did have high goals.""Tch, last thing we need is the elves callin' me that too, boss." Ezzeg rolled his eyes then turned to look at Pikela and was momentarily glad he was wearing pants.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:37 PM

The symptomatic rustling of the trees became more pronounced at Pikela's landing and Mimi was no less impressed than any other guest. "Cap'n is good at showing off," she commented before she started walking over to the dragon woman. She held the globe in one hand while she dug out a pouch from the front of her dress. "He said he'd picked these out for you." Mimi used her tusk to help open the pouch with one hand then poured out the contents into her Captain's hand. Seeds fell from the pouch but landed in Pickles' hand as stems of vibrant orchids, birds of paradise, and other tropical flowers. When the last stem landed in her hand it wrapped itself into a hand bouquet wrapped in golden silk.

Zarko StraadiToday at 12:37 PM

High above, Pikela folded her wings and dove like a falcon. All eyes turned up, as they had to with a gigantic dragon plunging toward the crowd like a ruby meteorite. The Karpovs were knocked back and forced to cling to each other in a most undignified manner as Pikela spread her wings to slow her descent, to land gracefully on elven feet in a stunning red gown that fluttered in the currents of wind she'd created.For the briefest moment, Raiya thought she saw a look of deep hatred on her father's face, directed toward Pikela. Then, she had a thought: Human magic...could he have helped Al-Mazahd curse Pikela? She attuned herself to her magical senses, giving her father a hard look. I've got my eye on you, she thought.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:42 PM

The symphony of trees rose, there was a flock of migratory birds that took flight and then it was silent as the trees parted in such a manner that the rest of the wedding party was in shadows but Pikela had golden sunlight shining on her.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 12:43 PM

Of course Pikela was pleased with such an outrageously beautiful bouqutte of flowers. Practically preening over such and the attention she garnered. Casting her eyes across the crowded guests and lingering over who needed that sense of intimidation. ...or her blatant disrespect by ignoring them outright! Actually, ignoring her enemies existence seemed to be her favorite thing to do, preening ever more knowing they were getting ruffled and her lack of acknowledgement to them. She was an ancient dragon, they could all fuck right off for all she cared!

littlekreenToday at 12:48 PM

Ezzeg had gone up to the front though stayed at the fore of the group leaving the flower woman to go ahead. Though he was lost in the vibrant beauty of the life she represented. The things that broken evil souls could no longer cherish that he fought to keep from turning to dust. All of that and more with a dress as firey as the red scales he liked. A bouquet to glitter in shine and a sunbeam to show them off he thought by the elegant Ken's agency. Dutiful and wise enough not to get lost in the what-could-bes and take action rather than immortally contemplate.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 12:53 PM

The elves in attendance were appropriate awed. Even the ones that had landed on their ass from not paying attention. Well, at least most of them. After a time to allow gawking there was a second dimmer spotlight of light behind Pikela. Kenough stood in gold and green looking much refreshed since Pickles curse had bee lifted. He looked out at the people in attendance. Family that he was always on the sidelines watching, enemies new and old, but most importantly the hoard of new people that Pickles had attracted to herself. "Please, everyone, take your seats!"

littlekreenToday at 12:57 PM

Zyndanties, a wall compared to many of the elves, quietly took up a seat toward the back. Kobolds in servant gear milling about behind the area to watch. They didn't expect an attack here but Zyndanties always prepared for things to change. For the bad ways or these good ways to fight for the latter.Ezzeg sat with the rest of the group near the front after turning it sideways to make room for his tail.

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:07 PM

Raiya glided over to her seat with a regal pace and alighted smoothly. Still keeping her magical senses tuned toward the Karpovs, she glanced over at the antlered kobold. So that's Zyndanties, she thought. He certainly looked the part of a powerful and mysterious patron. Perhaps she was biased, but Raiya definitely thought that Ezzeg was the more handsome of the two. She'd never say that of course, especially not within Zyndantes' earshot.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:09 PM

Pikela sighed softly and huffed. "I'm starving... I do hope this won't take forever." she grumbled. Even despite it though, with her mortal form the absolute adoration in her expression when she glanced at Kenough was unmistakable. She truly did actually love this elf, her most precious of treasures!

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:16 PM

Ken walked over to her and took both her hands, his eyes on nothing but her now. "Mimi, if you would…" The orc maiden was absolutely delighted as she threw up the petals as Ken had originally instructed. A high honor in elvish society. She'd been surprised and even now wondered why. But as everyone oohed and aahed over the multiplying flowers now falling over head she heard his next instruction. "Secure the space." And with glee she started walking down the aisle with the command she'd been given "FLÙR"

littlekreenToday at 1:21 PM

Zyndanties, also behind where the petals would start getting thrown, grinned as streams of iridescent petals from Ken's man-eating plant erupted in a stream of pretty things. The globe shining gold as it flared beauty and life into the world. He'd made sure it wouldn't go about luring anything with them it wouldn't do for a hazardous gift to the dragon of life. Nevertheless, as the lord of an army of kobolds he wasn't above a bit of bastardy.

Zarko StraadiToday at 1:25 PM

Raiya turned her eyes to the happy couple. And that was the most wondrous thing: they really were happy. This was no political arrangement made to secure power and wealth. Whenever one of them glanced toward the other, and especially when they looked at the same time and their eyes met, their eyes were suffused with adoration, their faces aglow. For a moment, she tried to imagine what that would be like, to find someone she could look at like that...harder still, to imagine someone looking at her that way.She shook her head, keeping her magical focus alert. With a few subtle gestures, she cast Dancing Lights. A spray of multicolored translucent orbs spread from her hands, swirling and dipping among the flower petals. It was a minor cantrip, not particularly useful, nor impressive to anyone who knew the arcane arts. But the lights gleamed in an array of pretty colors, contributing, she hoped, to the joy of her dragon-captain's ceremony.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 1:30 PM

"Friends, Family, Honored Immortals," Ken took his eyes off Pickles to look at the crowd. "Thank you for attending today as we exchanged vows. You are here as witnesses to our happiness and devotion but if anyone shall like to challenge that. Please, speak now." And did the temperature on the island just drop?

littlekreenToday at 1:35 PM

The kobolds in the back responded quickly with a gesture from Zyndanties' swirl of a finger and a fist to take up defensive positions at the change in atmosphere. Quietly taking cover behind objects as not to alarm the wedding party with the appearance of several drakehammers from out of culinary mallets. He kept a watchful eye from where he was and told the kobold he'd personed, now training at the ossuary, to wrap it up.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 1:42 PM

"I swear to all of the gods in all of the realms if anyone DARES try to stand up and refute this wedding I will BURN THIS WORLD TO A CRISP." warned Pikela. Which didn't look near as intimidating coming from this humanish form, but damn did she mean it!

littlekreenToday at 1:48 PM

Ezzeg stood up as Pikela made the statement against interlopers as he was a bit warm in the thick formal wear and hadn't noticed. He used her formal name among the mixed company, "Somethin' up, Pickela?"

• Zarko StraadiToday at 1:51 PM

Under more favorable circumstances, Alexandyr Karpov might well have expressed his disgust toward this...miscegenation, and the horrid elf-dragon spawn it was sure to produce, should the couple prove fertile. But he could sense the surge of power from the kobolds, and of course the "bride" was an Ancient dragon in her lair and surrounded by her allies. His own daughter was among them, her coal-black eyes regarding him suspiciously, her magical senses alert. While he might be able to sneak subtle magics past her, she'd sense any truly powerful sorceries coming, and warn the dragon. The latter's threat was hardly necessary at this point. Upon seeing the girl, Octavia had whispered to him about a vision she'd had some time ago, of Raiya turning the tables on her brother Dragovir during the Taking ritual they'd planned for her, in the company of the cursed Vermilion Dragon and an Orcling girl. She'd feared that Raiya would be here, and sure enough, she was. There was no Orcling girl, but there was an Orc-woman, which was close enough when it came to mystic visions.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:00 PM

"Seeing as everyone is in agreement that today IS a happy day, let us move on…" Ken turned back to Pickles and trusted that if anyone was foolish at this point he wouldn't even get a bone for a toothpick back of the fool. "Beloved, you well know how are story started. I but wander into your realm with nothing more than a flute, a lyre and stories I collected. I was searching to understand different Peoples and dragon kind were some of our closest allies and most mysterious. I was war weary and not looking for companionship. I suppose though I needed it. … You have been my guiding light in this era. I have seen wonders because of you and through your eyes. In my travels I have always come back to you, but I do not wish to travel alone anymore. I am here to dedicate myself heart and soul for this life and more… I am yours if you will be mine."

Zarko StraadiToday at 2:05 PM

So, is this your choice then, Raiya? To become a minion to this dragon? Alexandyr thought to her.I am more to her than I ever was to you, Raiya thought back. And she is more to me than all of you put together could ever be. Go ahead, promise to elevate me and welcome me back with open arms, just so I can spit in your face. Oh, and if I find out that you had anything to do with her Curse, Estate Karpov will burn!

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:06 PM

Preening as she did, beamin with the full force of a brilliant pleased smile Pikela had nothing but the most radiant of words for the stupid elf that had fallen into her life. "I was not one who cared for company. I spent many centuries, many eons, on my own, here on this island ushering souls with no understanding how valuable they truly were. What it was like to live a life full of joy, music, spectacular beautiful things... but mostly I did not understand love until a foolish elf kept returning, time after time. Filling my lair with music and laughter and things that are so often taken for granted. You are my love, and I will have you until the days my bones bleach in the sun."

• littlekreenToday at 2:06 PM

Ezzeg sat down at Ken's placation, his hackles raised as duty was tempered with adoration. He looked to both of the beautiful people at the altar understanding the part of rare trysts he'd had lacked. The boss was right, he had somewhat high standards, but did wish he was worthy enough to be looked at like that by an inner circle of those two. Envy didn't befit as he pictured meeting the giant dragon with just a lyre. Brave elf, that. It's why he liked Ken too. They fit each other like a sword and shield and he teared up a bit.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:14 PM

"Raiya, my little stowaway, I believe you have in your possession something that is mine," the tone Ken used was teasing but also adoring. One a proud father might use with his daughter. After the battle Ken had asked the human to hold onto the contents of his pack, especially the necklace. Now was the time for him to ask for it back.

Zarko StraadiToday at 2:23 PM

Raiya snapped out of the icy staring-contest with Alexandyr and turned to Ken. Wha--oh, she thought, remembering the necklace. Then she caught that teasing tone. Does he know?! she thought. Probably...but I hope not... If he was becoming a sort-of father figure, he was one she truly did not want to disappoint. She reached into her purse and drew out the necklace in a slow, ceremonial gesture, allowing its links to sparkle as it swung languorously in her hands. She stepped toward Ken with regal steps, head held high, resolved to perform her part as well as she could. Reaching him, she raised the necklace to offer it to him like a sacred artifact.

• 🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:30 PM

"Thank you," he said taking the necklace. He kissed the top of her head before turning back to his bride. It was not only a "fuck you" to the Karpov but also an indication to the elven party that she was his and they'd better treat her as such. It wasn't a threat, most the elves in attendance were still having whiplash that Kenough wasn't a lazy ex-general. It was more cultural. She was to be treated with the same respect any elf was to be given. "As a small token I present to you a gift," he held it out so Pickles could look at it before moving to put it on her. "It shall be comfortable however you may be." Because Ken wanted it obviously on her when she was her big gorgeous self too.

• Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:34 PM

In most situations Pikela would've cackled like a wicked wild dragon about being gifted such a lovely treasure, but she was on her best behavior at the moment. Preening ever taller to admire the gem."I have no golden gift for you in the form of gems and metals, instead I gift to you our future children. A clutch of seven that will make us proud."

• Zarko StraadiToday at 2:37 PM

Raiya blinked in surprise when Ken kissed the top of her head. She was glad that he turned from her to offer the necklace to Pikela before he could see tears gathering in her eyes. She turned back to Alexandyr, fully aware of how he was seething with fury behind his stony, stoic mask. For once, that look was not a harbinger of terror and pain. She gave him a bittersweet, yet mocking smile, then turned her eyes back to the couple. Her smile widened at Pikela's mention of children. The tears, sparkles of joy, broke free and ran down her cheeks.

littlekreenToday at 2:40 PM

Ezzeg was a directly attentive creature and with that statement his own thoughts were interrupted by reflexes. Heading closer as the thought seemed to stick tighter than it might in those not reptilian. Standing next to raiya quietly with a fixed gaze ready to catch ken.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 2:43 PM

"I declare this marriage official!" chirped Pikela, grabbing Kenough for a kiss that could scandalize nations! Not lingering there for a second before exploding into that golden mist and growing, growing, growing, back to her true form as a massive vermillion menace. Complete with beautiful golden circlet that had shifted from necklace to a gorgeous crown on her horned head. "Now I eat," she warned. Licking those dragon chops and suspiciously eyeing the crowd for those enemies who dared to come. A dangerous toothy smile warning that now was a good time for unwanted guests to get the hell off her island before they were the first morsel down her gullet!

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:46 PM

To say Ken was surprised by the news was an understatement. It was an absolute wonder and for a moment Ken felt like the world was spinning. Seven? Seven delightful little pickles…. Seven!The news was only enhanced by the kiss. The things he would do, had done, for a kiss like that. …The next thing Ken knew there was someone behind him holding him up. He didn't even look back, he just got his legs back under him and wooped in glee. Then he turned, looked at Ezzeg and have him a hug. "Did you hear that! I'm going to be a father. You're an uncle… SOMEONE BRING OUT A FEAST MY WIFE IS HUNGRY!"

Zarko StraadiToday at 2:49 PM

Octavia grabbed Alexandyr's arm, looking white as a ghost. She distinctly remembered from her vision that the dragon had promised to eat Raiya's family should they threaten her. "Let's go. She means it," she whispered. Alexandyr could tell that Raiya would not even be troubled by any parting scowl he could offer, so he turned away in a swish of robes and stalked off, the rest of his Family in tow.

littlekreenToday at 2:53 PM

Ezzeg had caught Ken in the air as he fell, if only a foot or so, in a bridal carry. He gave Ken a wry smile, "A particular treasure from either direction, Ken. Maybe you'll get used to our kind of large families someday."He helped the elf back to his feet and watched Raiya's family leave with some relief that there hadn't been a ruckus.Zyndanties chuckled as they left hurriedly and simply gave a gesture for his chess pieces of warriors, duly moved and employed, to be at ease. The implied suspicion left some watching with a spyglass as the family left.

🌈Ochalla🌈Today at 2:58 PM

The remaining loyal sailors had been carefully avoiding even being in eye contact with Imetia as all the powerful movers and shakers had been on the island but now the feast had been called and they had been employed to help with services as Ken had employed chefs who were acquainted with mixed celebrations. One though worried if they had enough food for a brooding dragon but considering they'd prepared food for a fortnight with dragons in mind it was not a big deal. Someone had to serve the "pirate queen" and the former bosun got the short straw.

Diana Ò◇ÓOPToday at 3:00 PM

AND THUS OUR STORY COMES TO A CLOSE... A wedding that would be spoken of for ages. A clutch of seven to hatch in the future. A family that had come together through an adventure and would grow in the years to come. THE END OF THE ADVENTURES OF PICKLE'S AND FRIENDS.

• Love
Reactions: Ocha