The new world

He took in the area. It was lovely, and his eyes seed to reflect the luminescent of the Strange flora of the kingdom. "It's so lovely.." He whispered and awe and got out of his daze when the noble stag stopped. He watched the elf dismount the creature, and did the same. "Is the king inside?" He pets the stag gratefully, whispering a thank you before looking towards the direction of the castle door. He started for down the path to the castle, a soft smile on his face. I hope I look presentable. He thought.

"It is quite a lovely place, is it not?" Kildowin smiled briefly, before grimly looking at the Castle Doors. They were an ashen wood, large, ridiculous, girdled with the roughest of metals and chains and the such- it was quite threatening. "Yes. The King is within, and if I'm correct," And of course, he always was, "He should be eagerly awaiting me..." He rolled his sharp eyes.

With grace and ease, the elf carried himself up the sloping cobbled lane of the garden, stroking a few hanging flower petals, before pressing his palm against the wooden door. ...He was slightly nervous. Why? He didn't WANT that idiotic king anywhere near Aaron! He was so veryaddicted to the sight of this human. It wasn't just his face, his manners and innocence- it was the strangeness about him. He gave a lingering gaze to the soft, smiling child, before pausing.

Noticing his unease, he sighed, "...You look quite fine, Aaron. ...A slight bit srange, but ... They are not dirty, nor disrespectful. You shall be fine..." He pressed forward against the door, and when it cracked forward, he heard the voice of guards from inside hurrying to pull it open. Kildowin sneered as BOTH doors instead of the one opened wide, and, painfully, revealed the innards of the castle.

...Although the outside of the castle seemed quite gruesome and cruel, crudely cut and dark, made from the blackest of stone, the inside of the rock revealed a frighteningly white, shimmering, smooth stone. Inside the castle, it was not dark. It was not cruel. It was not horrifying and the recipes for nightmares, it was beautiful. Well, beautiful to humans. ...Well, Kildowin COULD admit it was slightly beautiful.

The innards of this magnificent building were smooth, marble-like white stone. It was as white as the clouds, white as milk, white as cream. The floos, the walls, the ceilings- even the furniture created from the very deep rocks of the mountain were a pure shade. No heavy, red dark fire would light up the castle, though.

No. Quite the opposite. Delicate stones were placed in special holsters built into the walls, they shone a luminous white and blue during the night, shining light everywhere. Mirrors coating the walls reflected the light. Of course there were torches, but they were fore the guards who carried fire light as it was cheaper.

Although, just like the city, it was night, the innings of the castle was in full blow. Servants clothed in white robes hurried around, dancers pranced up and down the stairs- and the songs... The songs, Kildowin sighed. He detested the songs. But singing men and women, with instruments strapped to their followers, skipped and slunk elegantly through the white stone doorways.

Many travelling kings, queens and nobles- even servants- were surprised to see such a stark and lovely difference from the inside. It was all truly a façade, though. It was a loving inside to a... Kildowin shuddered... A loving king.

The room they entered seemed to take the brunt of all servants, guards and entertainers as they hurried in and out. It was a large, spacious rectangular room, with high walls, and glowing gems shining down on everyone as if it were sunlight- mirrors ocassionally littered the walls, framed with gold. Right infront of the castle doors, many, mny feet away, a large and grand staircase of stark white stone stood, stretching to many other levels and receeding deep into the mountainous depths.

Kildowin smiled at Aaron, "I admit, the very first time I'd come inside, I'd been frightfully surprised by this change of scenery," He referred to the harsh and crude otside of the city. "...But it is quite the revelation of human's greed." He muttered that part more to himself, glaring at a few diamonds embedded deep into the walls. "Do you kn-" He was cut off by a large, pleased cry.

"OH! Kildowin! My friend!"

The elf gave a sigh, clenching his jaw before rolling his eyes at Aaron. "Here is your grand... Majesty."

Down the staircase came a rushing man, cloaked in fine furs and velvet, his finely booted feet padding on the hard ground. He reached the bottom of the stairs, running towards Aaron and Kildowin, "Oh, you!" Servants hastily bowed at the sight of their ruler, though he pleasantly ignored them, and he embraced the stiff Kildowin. "Don't look so displeased to see me- I know you're very pleased to be near me! Why else would you keep returning to me?" He smiled cheekily.

He ignored Aaron- not out of spite, but from the fact he'd been looking so intently at his tall Elven companion that he failed to see the short child. "Tell me, how was your hunt?"

"It was a failure," Kildowin muttered, "But I found a boy-"

"A boy?"

"Yes. A boy. Here-" He forcefully grabbed the King's arms and twisted him around. The King's wide eyes sparked as he stared into the captivating white orbs, shocked, before he smiled a broad, rugged grin. "I found him in the-"

The King waved his hand, silencing the fuming elf. "I do not worry for the details now, you shall tell me over wine and some cured meats and ... Of course, your vegetables!"

"Alexaander," Kildowin firmly spoke, silencing the excited king. He was quite eccentric, and, easily, loved by his people and seen as fair and just. "Let us find somewhere comfortable. I fear Aaron is quite tired."

The King looked understanding, a serious face crossing his features as he gently placed a hand on the short (well, he was short to Alexaander and Kildowin, both tall beings with long, long legs) boy. He was a very kingly man. Tall, broad, strong, and muscled. He was not a large man, but he was well defined, and firm. His face was very rugged and strong. He had a strong jaw, full and shapely lips, a sharp and straight nose, with the kindest and sharpest eyes of a sky's blue. His shoulder length, roughly cut brown hair stroked his fur coat. And, today, being a lazy and slow day, he had not shaved, leaving a fine coat of stubble upon his sharp face. "...Are you tired?" He asked theboy, quite uncaring of the strange cloths.

He had time to ask of it later.

(I'm sorry, I had no idea that this would be happening so soon, but the holidays are ending and mom's flying me off to a boarding school I've never been to befre- so I have no idea I this will open up on the school's internet, and for maybe two-three at the most days, I might not be able to find any suitable internet to find out- I'm SOO sorry, and I'm hoping I can continue this. I'm really enjoying this, and if I can't access this soon, I just want to thank you for letting me roleply with you. For boarding, I think I'll be allowed to go to town for awhile, so I may drop into the local library and log on then- but that would be once a week :( So I don't know. I REALLY hope I can continue this!! I'm so, so, so sorry!!!)

(It's fine Emelia :) you just focus on your studies. :) you're actually one of the best rpers out there. That doesn't just get up and leave without a word. :) I'd love to continue rping with you.)

"Y-Yeah...it's lovely." He turned to the elf, curiosity appearedin his eyes as he watched him show a slight resentment to the king. They must have a strange relationship...oh! What if they are actually dating? That could explain why the king was waiting for him. He silently giggled and followed behind him. He suddenly blushed when he mentioned he looked fine, just a little strange. Is it my lab coat? Perhaps...he gasped at the interior of the castle, right in the moutain, was this magnificent castle, servants, dancers, high officials bustled around the giant halls of the grand castle. The marblemfloor, the diamonds, the gold, the fabulously designed room seemed so fantasical, so fictional, a fairytail. "Wha..." He was amazed, he felt like a toddler in a candy store. He listened to Kildowin, and was surprised as he was cut off by another voice, a rough, masculine voice, with a hint of majestic dominance broke through the halls and silenced the bustling of the people inside. He turned and suddenly lost his breath as thr king strolled down from the staircase in front of them. Cloaked handsomely in furs and velvet. He noticed how the king was greeting Kildowin, almost in a flirtatious way. He giggled silently and watched as the Elf was embraced by the kingly ruler. He secretly shipped them hard but didn't say anything. Their eyes met, and his heart skipped a beat. A-Ah! I must look horrendous. He must be disgusted at my appearance. My white eyes would easily confuse anyone. He blushed and stared at the ground timidly. He was suddenly approached by the man. He tilted his head up to the man, being so short. "I-I am fine your highness. I do not wish to burden you with my sudden apperance." he stammered a little at his question.

(So I am on here. I found some internet which doesn't block this site. It's during my lessons- so I might not update regularly. Thank you SO much for saying all that stuff- I loved roleplaying with you, too. I miss it a lot :( )

The king smiled kindly, "Your appearance? It's one of great beauty- I am hardly put off by that."

Kildowin snorted, irritated by the king's attitude. "Stop your flirting. Now, please- somewhere to be? Somewhere to sit? I implore your slow mind, This young boy - Aaron- needs rest. And you," He pointed a long finger into the thick hair of the king. "Need to hear his story."

"Alright, alright."

(would post more, but I have limited time :( )

Aaron blushed at the king's words. Was he...already becoming smitten with the king? Sure, he was handsome, regal, majestic. Why would he find interest in someone as dull, shy, and meek as himself? The king had thousands of people to choose to be his love. He shrugged it off and smiled at the ground.

The king flashed a dashing smile towards the young Aaron, and waved down a servant, "You! Servant girl- organise a platter of food- cold meats and vegetables and the cheese- Along with refreshments." The servant girl nodded, blushing terribly, before bowing and running down the service corridors. He smiled at the elf and human proudly, "I have an array of servants that follow my every need."

Kildowin's fine nostrils flared, and he glared at the king, "Slavery is a crime-"

"It is not slavery if I offer them food, clothes and money-"

"But you speak to them so brashly-"

The King flashed a cold look. "Kildowin. It is not slavey. You know I speak to all like this."

The elf inwardly agreed, and simply looked away. His long hair shifted and flowed gracefully, nd his long and sharp features portrayed something of absolute dislike for the man. "You're an awful king."

The young man smiled, placing a hand on Aaron's shoulder nonchalantly, "Perhaps in your eyes. But, you must know, you are a fine elf to me." He enjoyed teasing the elf, "Now, let us sit in here-" He pointed at an elegantly crafted door just a few feet away. "It's used for resting, an it's not that fancy, but I hope you don't mind."

Kildowin rolled his eyes, and with log and graceful hands, pushed the door open, revealing a large square room filled with ebony and cream pillows and seats with deep wooden tables and the such. It was lit with more crystals that flashed white lights everywhere.

Aaron watched the girl leave and followed after the two taller males. He was silent, and well, that was a part of who he was. He smiled softly and listened to the two of them, they sounded like good friends. He suddenly tensed a little when the king's hands found his way to his shoulder. He blushed, not used to the sudden contact but suddenly forgot about it as they entered the room, it was lovely, elegant, fancy, it felt like a dream. "I-It's beautiful." He whispered in awe, the lights reflected off of his eyes. He was having a marvelous time.

The King smiled very gently, generously leading Aaron to a soft pillowed seat, following him in actions. Alexaander sank into the feather pillows, his graceful and noble eyes softly stroking over the pale eyes of the boy, and the sharp, dark eyes of the elf. Kildowin remained standing, disliking the cold black and white palette that surrounded him. He shifted, his leather boots squeaking against the smooth, marble floor.

"Sit, Kildowin."

"I'm quite fine here." He muttered, standing still- perfectly still- too still. Like a statue. His elven ancestry assisted in that, he was perfectly able to hold still and silent for his stealthy sports and nature.

"Sit. The king says so." He teased, watching the tense elf. Alexaander patted a spot beside him, his large hand stroking the fabric. The elf pursed his lips, and very slowly, sat down, legs pressed together.

Just as he sat down, the servant girl entered, carrying the tray of cold meats. With long arms, Kildowin pulled at the tray, grabbing a crisp lettuce leaf. The servant girl attempted to show no shock at serving the elf. She laid the tray down before them. The elf placed it in his mouth, savoring the softly flavoured vegetable, savouring the hydrated feeling it gave his tongue. He hadn't eaten in a few days, and drank anything, so this was a relief. Elves were able to survive on little, but it was uncomfortable.

He looked at the King with a cold look, hiding any trace of his chewing.

Alexaander smiled, "Ah, Kildowin, you've hardly changed a bit. Still chewing on green stuff growing from the ground-"

"Vegetables-" Kildowin interjected, mouth filled with the lettuce leaf. Not even his polite eating manners could survive his manners towards the king.

"And being ever so proud." The king proudly grabbed a thin slice of cow meat, placing it in his mouth. "Now." He sighed, "Tell me, Aaron- child- what seems to be the issue? Why are you here? And where do you come from?"

Aaron watched as the quite stiff, and strict elf slowly sit down onto the feather pillow. He watched the whole scene and moved his eyes to the servant girl when she came back with the cold meats. He watched quite shockingly as the elf pulled a leafy vegetable off the platter and into his mouth. "I-I came from a far away land called Brooklyn. And...I don't know how I got here or how to get back to my land." He said softly and averted his gaze from the king. He didn't want Alexander to see his disgusting eyes. Something he had always despised of for his entire life. He didn't feel like eating, the strange day exhausted him, and kept his appetite to a minimum.

Kildowin quickly explained, "It seems he isn't from this world- our world. Mindenwhe."

The king nodded slowly, attempting to take it in. "You mean Russon?" The elf nodded without a negative look upon his fair, sharp face. Both gazed deep at each other, before sharing a look at Aaron, before looking back at each other. "For goodness sake, my friend, speak this good language of us humans."

The fierce glare returned to Kildowin. He stared daggers at the king. "I am obliged to speak any language I desire- especially knowing you speak my dialogue of Elvish as well."

The king pursed his lips, nodding his head absently, before looking at Aaron, "So... You say Brooklyn? In another world? ...Is that even possible?"

The elf was very wise. He knew centuries upon centuries of information. He could sing to trees and make them grow, he could sense the attitudes of animals, he could recite volumes upon volumes of the Goblin Archaic records of the Runes, he could name each star in the sky and call every bird native to his Elven land... But this was something he had no idea about.

How could this even be possible?

Kildowin spoke in front of the King, blatantly gazing down on him, before speaking a better question, "...What do you remember doing last before you came here?"

Aaron listened to the two for a moment before answering their question. "I-I was cutting through the forest, kn-knowing it was a faster route to my destination. But...alas I got lost...a-and Kildowin found me. I need to be more careful next time..." His voice was barely more than a whisper, because he was so shy in front of the king and his new elven friend. He suddenly realized he was blushing profusely and shyly averted his gaze from the two. He always was very shy...maybe this wasn't a good idea...he shouldn't have burden the two because of his foolishness.

The King pursed his lips, and stroked his rough stubbled chin. "That is true. You do need to be more careful." He smiled slightly, as if to tell Aaron not to be so shy.

Kildowin glared at the King's soft eyes, and swore in his language, "Kandehni."

The King's head snapped up, and he was about to snap something in return, but the elf continued, "Aaron, you have no reason to be so frightened - or nervous -"

"He's frightened of your snippy attitude." The king muttered, attempting to sound light and airy, but only managing to reveal his impatient voice.

"-We both care, and desire to help you in any way possible..."

The King sighed, and smiled, "Of course. We both care- and many others will see you are an agreeable, kindly boy." He stroked the blushing cheeks, enchanted with the rosy color. "Do not fret."

At the king's words of saying how he shoukd be more careful, he sank back a little. I'm just a useless...idiot... He thought to himself before looking up at the two. "Thank you...for agreeing to help me." Aaron's face reddened even more at the king's stroking and continued to stare down at his lap. "P-Perhaps you can tell me a little more a-about this world?" He asked, this place is so strange from where he came from. Villages...elves, castles, kings. It all seemed to fantastical. "I am ever s-so grateful that your h-highness and Kildowin agreed to help me."

Kildowin would have loved to speak about the land- about the world- but he knew he often got into far too much detail about his own people, and little more for anyone else. And he knew that Aaron would hardly be interested in the elves- only the elves. He sat back, and looked expectantly at the human king, who smiled very graciously.

"Well- this world we call Russon, is a very nice world... I suppose. This part of the world is nice, anyway." He sighed. "Where do I begin? The country we occupy at this very moment is called 'Canden', and has been under the rule of my family for centuries... The humans here are the dominant race," Kildowin flashed a glare, and Alexaander continued on, "But that does not mean we are superior, as many other races seem to 'think'." He muttered, before continuing, "You seem curious seeing Kildowin? I am guessing there are no elves in 'Brooklyn'? What of Trolls? Or Orks? Goblins?"

Kildowin answered for Aaron, knowing the answer. "There are none. My species and all others are basically unknown to this child's world."

The King paled, "What of the dwarves?!" The King had always been a great fan of dwarves. Though they disliked him and this great castle due to the fact the humans had chased them out, Alexaander had grown to admire their amazing skill with rock and gems- he sighed, "I wonder how your world functions without any dwarves." Kildowin, though usually restraining from replying to the King's emotions, nodded slowly, in astonishment. "...Well, then, this world is filled with creatures. Many, many, many. Too many to list now. But I can tell you we have the vampires of this world, the elves, humans, dwarves, goblins, orcs," He tapped his finger with each species mentioned, "shifters, halflings, fairies, nymphs, unicorns," He trailed off. "We all live in peace, we all live quite well. I, as king of this country, am the governing force over all species of creatures."

"You're confusing him."

"Am not."

The elf began to speak, "This country is ruled by Alexaander, the official king of the land. But all other species- such as the elves- rule over a small part of the land, making their own small 'territory'. Ours is the Forests. The King of elves rules there, but if Alexaander were to tell them to do something, say," He gave a rotten glare towards Alexaander, "give him one elf for service, then the King of Elves is obliged to follow. Same for the orcs, who rule over the rocky mountains of Gundor. Or for anyone else, for that matter." He hoped that was clear enough. Kildowin placed a hand on Aaron's arm, "...Is that clear? Or is it still slightly confusing?"

The King glanced at where Kildowin's hand met Aaron's arm, and pursed his lips.

Aaron was shy at his touch and shivered a little. "I-I understand. Thank you for explaining more about this world. Thank you Kildowin..your highness." He gave a small bow before thinking. Perhaps I should tell them a little bit about where I came from, though it isn't as fantastical as this one, I want them to get a picture of my background. "In the world I come from, as Kildowin says, we have no dwarves, unicorns, goblins, vampires. They are alive in works of fiction the people where I live creates. Th-That's why I was amazed to see elves for the first time...for the dominant race in my world...it is the humans." he shyly looked down, his face beginning to redden. This was embarrassing...

Kildowin listened eagerly, at least hoping there MAY have ONCE been elves. His face fell at the information, glaring at the King who smile gloatingly. "I knew we were always the dominant race."

Kildowin sighed, "Yes, but did you not hear him? He said he was amazed to see my kind? I am more interesting than any king."

Alexaander wagged a finger, "My friend, that may be so. But whether He was amazed to see you or I, let's just remember, the humans are the ruling race in 'Brooklyn'." He turned back to Aaron, smiling, "And what of the buildings? Are they all castles? Do you have noble men? What are those white coats for? And the glasses? Do they have crystal lights there?"

Both elf and King sat closer together, staring intently at Aaron, interested for more.

He blushed as all the attention came onto him. He couldn't escape, but..they wanted to know more. He couldn't limit their knowledge of the world he came from just because he was incredibly timid. "Where I live, there are rows of tightly packed buildings. N-not fancy ones...j-just rectangular prism shaped buildings with three floors...made out of bricks, concrete...ah...It's a part of a bigger city called new york." He blinked at the sudden questions and did his best to answer them. "Castles...those are very rare..you don't ususally see them. noble men, uh...in each country, there is a government that watches over their respective country...my white coat?" He glanced down at the lab coat, ah... "I-It is what I wear when I go and work at a clinic. It's a place where people like me dispense medication to our patients...m-my glasses..." He blushed and shyly slid them off. His clear white eyes shinied against the light. "They h-help me see better." He quickly puts them on again. "We usually d-don't have crystal lights...i-instead we have light bulbs, it generates light using electricity."

Both noble males shared a surprised and perplexed gaze, staring back at Aaron. "Electricity?" Kildowin repeated the word. "Is that the -"

The king interrupted him, "I suppose..."

"The light in the sky? The light that erupts from the clouds during those horrid storms?" Kildowin muttered. During the six months of heavy, cool weather that chased away sun, the sight of this 'electricity' coursed through the sky and blessed the elf's eyes. He remembered in his forest all elf maidens and men dancing to the thunderous thunder that beat down on their ears as rain fell and light lit up their forest. Kildowin thought about it, his features crinkling slightly from his tense feeling. But they smoothed out as soon as realisation struck him. "...I have heard of this. The word- the word he uses. I have never used 'Electricity' as a word in my entire life, my kind refer to it as Ihteni. But ... 'Electricity', yes I've heard it used before..."

The king looked at the elf in confusion. "How? Where?" Alexaander was never going to be as old as the beautiful elf, he was only a human, and experienced little compared to the Elf. Being in his late twenties, he had little experience with anything otherworldly (except for now, with Aaron).

Kildowin gracefully plucked a piece of lettuce from the platter, placed it in his mouth, chewed, swallowed, and slowly spoke, "...Many, many years ago, before you were born, Alexaander," He muttered bitterly, "I had come across a man. A very tall man. He was not from here, donning a peculiar suit of cloth upon his form. He'd been otherworldly, very strange- very, very different. I had been terrified of him, he'd snuck into my family's forest..."

"...Could he have been... From ... Brooklyn?" Alexaander muttered.

"No. I remember he mentioned a place called 'Londor'... Or... No, it was 'London' he mentioned. He had conversed with the King of elves and told us of his troubles. He'd come from a distant land and desired help. From 'London'..." Kildowin trailed off, eyes glazed with the memory. While it may have been only a century and a while ago, he could hardly remember it. While a century was nothing in the life of an elf, he had been a very excited elf, more interested in the ways of the sword and bow and arrow than of such strangeness.

The King asked very excitingly, "And what happened to him?!" He perched himself up in the seat, stroking Aaron's shoulder, far too interested to calm down.

Kildowin slumped, "I can not remember that. Nothing ill happened to him... But I remember he talked about the electricity a lot. He said it was being harvested and created, used to make life for humans better... You can imagine my confusion when I first arrived at your castle, Alexaander," and at the amusing thought, his coldness fo rthe king dropped, and he revealed a certain warmth to the king that left the noble man's heart thumping hard. But it disappeared quickly, and the elf caringly looked at Aaron, "Perhaps we could wonder to my old forest-home and ask the King there..."

Alexaander looked at Aaron, "How is that for a plan? YOu can see more elves."

Aaron couldn't help but giggle quietly when he sensed the slight drop in coldness towards the king. He quickly quieted down and nodded "Th-That idea sounds great." The small male suddenly lets out a yawn. Not a loud, obnoxious one. But a quiet, soft, graceful yawn. He blushed immediately and excused himself. He was exhausted. He wanted nothing more to fall asleep. "P-Perhaps we should wait until tomorrow. It...is getting late." He glanced out the window of the room and noted how dark it was outside. He pulled the lab coat tighter around his small frame and puts his hands between his thighs.

"Of course!" Alexaander looked appalled, "Did you think I meant we'd set out now?" Knowing full well the child meant no offence, he simply smiled, "Rest assured, we all need a good nights sleep now. Even my elven friend, although he will protest that he isn't tired, is at full vigour, does not need the sleep humans need," Alexaander rolled his eyes towards the end, as if he'd experienced Kildowin's protests far too many times.

The elf sniffed indignantly, "But it's true. You know it's true. Elves aren't as sleep deprived as you humans..." Of course it was a lie. He hadn't slept in a few days, and whilst that wasn't very significant to an elf, it was still a fair amount of time for Kildowin, who'd spent his days hunting and travelling through the various forests dedicated to the humans, and it had worn on him. "I am fine. I'll busy myself in the library."

"Nonsense!" The king sighed, "Come to your quarters! The pillow sings for your head ever so kindly," He flashed a wink at his elven friend, who replied with a tight lipped glare.

"...If you insist." He didn't want to cause too much of a scene infront of the boy. And he was slightly tired. But still, he retained a certain miffed face.

"And I do." Smiled the king. He returned his look at Aaron, sighing, "Now, I have a guest room prepared for visiting nobles. I suppose you suit that, being of noble beauty..."

Kildowin rolled his eyes, chewing on another leaf of lettuce. "...Let us retire, then. I tire of YOU."

The king smiled, pushing himself up from the chair, "Alright. Come, Aaron, I shall guide you to your room."

Kildowin felt his anger prickle beneath his pale, translucent skin. This king made him so frustrated it hurt him. The history they held was so agonising, he felt the need to hug the king and yet push him away. But he was definitely sure, as an immortal being that he held a definite attraction to Aaron the human.