Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
The Name Game

Hello, fellow roleplayers. Bob Cut, survival game extraordinaire here with another survival game roleplay that may or may not see the light of day. Read on to find out more.

So, the God of Games, aptly named Jest, has selected eight people to partake in a game called, you guessed it, The Name Game. The prize? Whatever the winner desires. Each of these people soon find initials on the wrist of their dominant hand. Unsure of what these initials mean, a small girl soon ascends to tell them they've been chosen to play The Name Game, along with the rules. The Name Game consists of three rounds: the first round includes eight people, the second includes four, and the last includes the remaining two. The goal of the game is to kill the person whose initials are on your wrist.

YES, THAT MEANS THERE WILL BE CHARACTER DEATH.

That little disclaimer aside, let's take a look at the rules of the game.

[fieldbox=The Rules, solid, red, 10]1. You must kill the player whose initials are stamped upon your wrist in order to advance to the next round.
2. Killing another player's target is prohibited, and will result in disqualification and death.
3. How you kill your target is up to you. Anything goes, so long as the above rules are adhered to.
4. Once you kill your target, you will be considered "idle" until the next round begins.
5. While "idle", you cannot see the initials on the other players' wrists.
6. You are not permitted to leave the city during the duration of the game. Doing so will result in disqualification and death.
7. Committing suicide will result in disqualification, and the player whose target committed suicide automatically advances to the next round. Likewise, if your target should die through any means other than you killing them (either directly or indirectly), you shall advance to the next round.
8. If the wrist with the initials stamped onto it is somehow disconnected from the body (i.e. your arm gets cut off) it is cause for disqualification and death.
9. Initials are based on birth names, so all currently legal names are not put into consideration, as well as legal name changes that may take place during the game.
10. Breaking any of the above stated rules will be punished with disqualification and death.[/fieldbox]

Those are all the rules I have right now, but I may add more. These should give you a general enough idea. I'm still working on building a city setting for this, but maybe those interested can help me out with that bit.

Naturally, I can imagine there might be questions. I implore you to ask any that you have so as to make things progress more smoothly when the OOC and IC are eventually made, provided this garners enough interest.

Last edited:
Eggs and bacon -- forced anal pounding, hey I want in on this.

WELL HELLO THERE, INTERN MODERATOR AMAYA.

Care to let everyone know that you were also in on the previous incarnation of this?

Breathe that RP in my lungs
I've got grapes, watcha playin' Trau?

Whatever you're smokin', Crow.

That's three peeps down (including myself). Let's see if we can't get five more people.

Neat. Depending on the pace I'd be down for this. Even if I didn't join it seems like a cool RP to follow.

• Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
I'll probably try to keep the pace as fast as at least two posts a week, possibly more depending on what everyone's schedules are. It definitely isn't something that's supposed to be dragged out like some slice of life where everything is chill though. There's a psychological aspect to it, and that's not something you can come back to after a week or so of inactivity and still have the same feeling for.

So how will the actual kills be counted? point system, dice roll or honor system?

Interested btw

Reactions: Isomia.n
That's TBA. I'm discussing it with some friends. Whatever method we go with will be mentioned in the OOC thread which will be posted once we have enough interest.

Reactions: Kurogane86
That's potentially six people. Two more and I'll work on getting an OOC up.

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz and Kurogane86
I'm interested, I'd also like to have a sort of sub-plot device going between two characters whose initials are "AA" and "ZZ," looking for someone to be ZZ. Involves deceit.

There's 7. Anyone interested in her proposed sub-plot?

Not gonna lie I'm the type that flips tables and questions life whenever character deaths happen but I seriously can't lurk past this RP (you had me at the rhyming title)

@VerbalAbuse ALSO I'm 100% interested in your subplot idea and would love to discuss the details over some imaginary coffee.

Whelp, that's eight. I looked into everyone's posting histories to make sure you'd all be up to snuff on the posting requirements, and you're all fine for this.

I'll have an OOC up sometime today (more than likely at night, but it'll be up).

Whelp, that's eight. I looked into everyone's posting histories to make sure you'd all be up to snuff on the posting requirements, and you're all fine for this.

I'll have an OOC up sometime today (more than likely at night, but it'll be up).
*Silently checks my own history to see what could have ever made you approve of me*

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to this! Time to go over think my character! Oh, that reminds me: are we going to let everyone see our CS or only you for the deceit?

I actually hadn't thought of that. I'll take it into consideration. Gotta discuss a few things with my helpers first.

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz and VerbalAbuse
Sounds like a fun time. I'm interested in this, but not totally sure if I want to participate.

We're actually already full, @LVL1337N00B, but I can put you on a reserve list in case someone drops out, if you want.

Nah, that's okay. Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.