The Music Masters: Audio Supremacy

Damn it, Matthew thought. He winced as he forced himself upwards, finally getting his ankle to listen to him. Billy had taken the ball away from him like he was a baby and nothing more. And the cheering crowd wasn't helping his confidence either. Matthew made a grimace, and then noticed that Billy seemed to have her attention elsewhere, if only for a brief moment. He made a running start forward as he glared at her, an intense kind of anger in his eyes.

Sure, her Sentinel was standing between him and her, but it's not like it was going to matter much in a few moments.

Matthew did another pelvic thrust while running, and when he came back into the material universe, he found himself in a running tackle as he slammed right into Billy. They both tumbled along the platinum floor, a burn going across Matthew's cheek as his glasses shattered. But when they finally stopped, Matthew quickly pushed Billy aside and reached for the Onslaught ball.

"I got it! Damn it, I got it!" he yelled triumphantly. His vision was blurry without his specs to help him see, but he had the ball now, and that was what mattered the most.

Matthew looked at Billy with intensity in his eyes. "Let's see what you got now."

He did another pelvic thrust, and then he had bypassed her Sentinel. Before the crowd even knew what was going on, he was teleport-hopping his way towards her goal post, a candid smile on his face.

Her breath was knocked from her lungs as Matthew tackled her. His glasses shattered and she could feel the sting of glass as it penetrated the skin on her cheeks. Billy stopped herself from wiping her cheek, for fear that she would accidently push a small piece of glass into her blood stream.

She glared at him as he grabbed the ball and took off down the court. She had a slight advantage now though. He had broken his glasses, which meant his vision must be blurry now, even if only a little. Billy ran to her angel and gripped it's hand, just as it spread its wings and took off down the court. The sentinel let her drop just in front of Matthew, where she lunged for the ball with cat-like speed.

Everything went so fast. Just as Matthew was in mid-pelvic thrust, ready to teleport to safety, Billy was upon him. Her hand wrapped around his wrist just as the forces began working on his body. Before either of them knew it, the inky energy sucked them both inward, and Matthew could feel himself tumbling along with Billy as they were taken out of the nether.

The two of them landed beside one another, but Matthew, more than experienced with teleporting by now, was up on his feet in an instant. He went into panic as he saw Billy reaching for the ball, and so delivered a swift, hard kick to the side of her head. Not for a second did he think of how much he might be hurting her, considering that he'd worn steel toed boots to the match.

Instead, Martin teleported a little further, taking the ball into his hand, aiming at the hoop, and heaving with all his might. To his delight, he heard the buzzer sound, and the crowd went wild at his sudden score. Jumping in the air with excitement of a child, Martin pumped his fist triumphantly.

"All right! Now that's how it's done!"

Billy remained on the ground after having teleported with Matthew. First she was in slightly shocked because of the teleportation, but along with a kick to head, Billy was left stunned. She could feel blood dripping, but she wasn't sure where it was coming from. She started lifting herself up, but her arms wobbled a little.

She heard the buzzer sound and Matthew shouted in triumph. "Ugh..." she groaned, getting to her feet. The world spun for a second before Billy shook her head and glared at her opponent. "Oh yeah? I'll show you how it's done," she said in a low voice.

Billy started running toward the ball, wobbly at first, but her steps became steady.

What a joke, Matthew thought to himself, as he watched Billy's wobbly steps as she ran for the ball. He chuckled to himself, before preforming yet another pelvic thrust that put him into teleportation mode. His movements were quick after he emerged from the nether,as his two arms locked right over Billy's collar when he appeared behind her. He didn't need much strength to bring her down, using his weight as he fell backwards with her caught in his grip.

There was a loud thumping sound as the two of them landed on the smooth floor. Matthew could barely see, his vision blurry and speckled with flecks of blood, but he was laughing for some reason. He pinned both of his legs over Billy's knees, and with his arms around her collar and shoulders, he had himself wrapped around her like an octopus.

"Your little Sentinel's going to have to pulverize you as well if wants to get to me." he gloated, before deciding that he was in such a good situation that he could even afford to be daring. He leaned down, whispering in Billy's ear.

"You know, I can teleport pretty well. Anywhere I want, if I think hard enough." he began, his voice becoming sly. In any other situation, he would never be like this. But clearly he was winning this round. Having a little fun with the hot girl opponent couldn't hurt, Matthew thought.

"But you know, when this is all over, I wouldn't mind getting inside you. After all, that's one place I can't just teleport to." he told her, a small grin present on his face as he continued to lock her joints with his arms and legs.

Billy could feel herself getting weaker and weaker as she was once again taken to the ground. This guy was a psycho, she hadn't been underestimating him and yet, here she was.

Her struggling was weak and useless as he wrapped himself around her. She pulled at his arm and tried kicking her feer free, but it was useless.

A disgusted and furious expression came to Billy's face. "Even if you beat me, you will never get anywhere near me," she hissed, "I'm taken. And if you win, you'll still be a loser to me."

Billy didn't know where the words were coming from. She knew he wouldn't care what she thought.

"Ah, whatever." Matthew said. He had no real interest in this girl. All he wanted to do was win. Because once he had the Platinum Record, he could get any girl he wanted without ever even trying.

So, as Matthew continued to hold Billy in his grip, he noticed that the Onslaught ball was not too far away. Just within arm's length, in fact. Smiling, and feeling just a bit too confident, Matthew unfurled one of his arms and began reaching for it. Sure, she might have one hand free, he thought, but he wasn't going to worry about that.

Because once he had the ball, it wouldn't matter. Another goal, then one right after that, and none of it wouldn't matter. He'd have won, and would be one step closer to the Platinum Record.

And besides, just what the hell could she do it him with just one measly free hand?

Feeling the sudden freedom, Billy's body seemed to regain strength as a burst of adrenaline went through her. With her free hand, she reached around and dug her nails into the back of his neck, hard enough to draw blood. He would hopefully let go as a reflex to touch the area of pain.

Then Billy could wriggle free and grab the ball, hopefully before he could get up after her. It was probably a useless attempt, since he could just teleport, but she had to keep trying.

"Agh, damn it!" Matthew yelled in a high, almost girl-like voice. Before he knew it, his grip on Billy had lessened considerably. As fingers dug into the back of his neck, he reached for her hand scratching at his neck with his other free hand.

Holding her nails back with one hand, and still reaching out for the ball with the other, Matthew's confidence began to fade inside him as he realized what he had done, simply by analyzing the look he could see on Billy's face. His grip over her was compromised now. He gulped as his stomach dropped.

"Oh shit." he blurted out.

She slid her hand out of his grip, making sure to pull his skin slightly. A slight look of triumph came to her face as she heard him swear. Billy elbowed the young man in the gut and freed herself from his grip. She jumped to her feet and picked up the ball, all earlier weariness forgotten. She couldn't stop to gloat though, she had to hurry.

Ball in hand, she dribbled down the court to the net, her mind set on making another shot.

Matthew sputtered, trying to catch a breath as he felt the impact of Billy's elbow in his stomach. But he just couldn't take in any precious air, and as Billy escaped, he found himself tumbling forward, unable to stop her.

He could hear her fast footsteps against the platinum floor as his ear kissed the ground, even through the wild yelling of the crowd. Trying to breathe, Matthew forced himself upwards, and went into a pelvic thrust.

But his focus was elsewhere, and after the forces took him in, he found that he had only teleported no more than a few feet. Matthew could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He screamed as he reached for Billy, despite the fact that she was far ahead of him and so very close to his goal.

"Damn it! Stop! I'm supposed to win!"

She didn't pay attention to him as she reached the goal and threw the ball in. It bounced back, but luckily, it bounced right into her hands. With a sigh of relief, Billy tried again.

The crowd went wild, but this time Billy droned it out. Her sentinel came up behind Matthew, lifting the shield and bringing it down.

Matthew watched in horror as the ball simply made its way back into Billy's hands as she scored her second point. He could barely stomach the thought of her beating him, and his heart almost exploded in his chest as he watched her ready for her final shot.

But that was the least of his problems. In his hurt state, he failed to notice the looming shadow of her Sentinel behind him. He didn't even get time to look around as the heavy weight of the shield came down on his leg.

He let out an almost inhuman scream as he felt the bone inside his calf spit apart. Matthew could barely roll around, putting his hands in front of him for protection as tears streamed down his face from the intense pain in his leg. He was trying to wave the Sentinel away, and when he got a glimpse at his own leg, he felt like vomiting when he saw how unnaturally twisted it was. Breathing heavily, Matthew pleaded with the Sentinel as the buzzer went off and Billy scored her final point.

"Please, God, please, I'm finished. Just leave me the fuck alone!"

Billy's heart stopped at the sound of the buzzer. She had done it, she had won. However, Matthew's screaming made her shiver. Billy sighed and turned to him, walking over. She avoided looking down at his leg as she knelt next to him. She reached out her hand. "C'mon kid, let me help you," she said, her tone steady.

She knew he would probably reject her offer of help. At least, from what she had seen, this guy was full of himself, he had too much pride. Then again, it could've just been his competitive side talking. Either way, Billy wouldn't feel right unless she tried to help him.

"Don't touch me!" Matthew practically screamed as Billy attempted to get closer. There was noticeable sweat coming down from his brow, and the look on his face was clearly a panicked one. He gave Billy this fear-induced glare as some Zero Beat members, brandishing white suits, came out with stretcher and put him on it. He seemed to stare at Billy for a little while longer as they brought him out of the arena, until he was finally too far away and he seemed to decide that resting was a better idea.

Up above, the announcer seemed ecstatic as he announced Billy's win.

"And that's it! Another fabulous round of Onslaught done! Congratulations, Billy! You're one step closer to the Platinum Record!"

She watched as Matthew was carried away, sighing a little. Billy hadn't meant for him to get too seriously injured, then again... He seemed to have no problem with hurting her. Billy couldn't help but smile as her name was announced. She lifted her fist in the air in victory and cheered for herself. After all, that was the way the game had to be. There were winners and there were winners. For now, Billy was a winner and she was going to enjoy it.

Another winner, the Second Beat thought as he approached Billy. He was little more than a taxi driver for the contestants, but he'd been around for the last round of Audio Supremacy a decade ago. And he had experience with these useless, arrogant little Music Masters. In that tournament ten years ago, there had been a lot of Music Masters like this Billy and this Seth. Winners at the beginning. The kind of people who seemed to give the crowd hope for the little guy.

Of course, in the last tournament, those little guys were chomped up by much bigger fish. It hadn't been a pretty sight, and the Second Beat had a good feeling that the same thing was going to happen to Seth and Billy. No, he was sure of it.

He beckoned her from the huge doors she had first gone through to enter the Platinum Bowl. There was round left in the day, and he hoped that the look in his eyes told Billy that she wasn't going to be in it, and for now, her time in the Platinum Bowl was over.

The green light began to leak through the floor once again, and Seth Ramone barely managed to wake himself up as he realized that fact. Apparently, he had been so ecstatic watching Billy's match that he'd managed to wear himself out and fell asleep when it was finished.

Seth had a big smile on his face as he watched Billy and the Second Beat come through the floor. When the green nova finally faded, the Second Beat took his hand away from Billy's forehead, and Seth wasted no time in coming forward and putting his hand up to give Billy a high five.

"Now that, that was an awesome match! You really took him to town!" he declared. He was slowly beginning to realize that Billy was definitely not someone he could underestimate.

Billy hurried over to the Second Beat when he appeared. She had a great feeling of triumph, so much that she had wanted to hug the grumpy, ol' Second Beat. Her head was throbbing, but she didn't really mind. Sure, she was being cocky, but that was alright.

When they got back to the room. She waited for the man to leave before she high-fived Seth and hugged him. She smiled. "I can't believe I won," she told him, "My head hurts, but I won." After a moment, Billy let him go and backed up. She smiled at him playfully.

"Yeah, you did! And it was totally awesome!" Martin exclaimed as he attacked Billy with a hug of his own. He held onto her tightly, and when he finally did let go, his eyes met the gaze of the Second Beat, who spoke to him with a cold tone of voice.

"It is your time now, Martin Gerrides. You're in the last round of today."

Martin's eyes perked up at the thought of his round finally being around the corner. He seemed to almost hop towards the Second Beat, his voice filled with excitement. "Awesome! I finally get to show off my skills!"

The Second Beat said nothing, and just nodded at Martin before he put his hand on the boy's forehead. The air around them seemed to relax as the emerald green nova that Billy had just gone through began to cover both Martin and the Second Beat. In seconds, they were completely covered, and were beginning to slowly descend into the floor. Another ten seconds, and Martin, the Second Beat, and the green light had all disappeared from view.

Seth yawned, as if to break the silence between him and Billy. He stretched his arms out, putting one around Billy's shoulder as a smile appeared on his face.

"I wish Mart the best of the luck. But man, it sure is late." he said, his tone of voice very sly.

"Good luck Martin!" Billy called as they left.

"I'm guessing your not going to watch his match," Billy teased, looking at Seth. She leaned against him gently. Billy winked and grinned, "What do you say to 'congratulating' each other on today's victories?" She laughed a little, "After all, we have all night."

Billy glanced at him and, for a second, uncertainty flickered in her eyes. She had wanted to spend a whole night with him, but perhaps it was better to wait for after everything was done. Though... Billy would like it that night as well... The look of incertainty was immediately washed away by what could be interpreted as a seductive look.

She laughed again, deciding to "sugar-coat" her sudden request. "We don't have to do anything if you don't want to," she began quietly, "Just don't make me sleep alone tonight." She smiled at him again, this time with a warm, gentle smile.