Murder Game VI: Fusion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mulan thought of stepping in with Ellis... but she felt it would be better to approach this portal issue alone. She felt he was being... stubborn? Or irrational? Stubborn was something she was familiar with, so she couldn't find too much fault with that. But, she was at least flexible and accepting of change, and different things...

She looked towards Ellis. "I shall approach this... portal, alone. I am curious about what it holds for me, but trust me, my mission, everything that is here, will be my motivation to find that black microphone and bring it back in a timely manner." She stepped forwards, towards the bridge, and the portal.

@Josh M

Springtrap shuffled over the group once more, plopping down and watching as the group explained what all their worlds were. Springtrap didn't want to explain his world, not now, probably never. He then realized something.

"You guys don't know my actual name, do you?" He asked he group

@Wedge Antilles
@Gummi Bunnies
Tails was kind of surprised that Cosmo also appeared at Pietro's world, but anything goes, he thought to himself.

With the seed in his hands, it was a second chance from Cosmo. Tails approached Patchouli.

"Patchouli... take this," offering the seed. "You are one of the people I trust most after all that chaos during the voting. I think you should have it."

@Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles
"It's not Springtrap? It must be... Trapspring then." Pietro joked, but then toned it down. "Yeah I don't know your name. Want to share it with us?"

@TheBombMan @Nate Dawg @Gummi Bunnies @neco-arc
"Bonnie, my actual name is Bonnie, Golden Bonnie to be more precise" Bonnie said flatly as he stared at the ground, hopeing he had been rid of Vincent for good.

"Call me Bonnie from now on." He said

@TheBombMan
@Gummi Bunnies
"Alright, then it'll be known, Bonnie," Patchouli nodded when it came to learning Springtrap's real name. Why he had such a different name until revealing this name, but it wasn't in her place to ask such things.

A look of surprise turned up from her face, being offered such an important item from Tails.

L14050180401257313_16.jpg

"If you're sure of that Tails... I'll take good care of this... promise," Patchouli spoke after a moment of registering that Tails was doing this, carefully taking the seed with her hand before placing it into her pocket.

@TheBombMan @Wedge Antilles @Nate Dawg

A look of surprise turned up from her face, being offered such an important item from Tails.

L14050180401257313_16.jpg

"If you're sure of that Tails... I'll take good care of this... promise," Patchouli spoke after a moment of registering that Tails was doing this, carefully taking the seed with her hand before placing it into her pocket.

@TheBombMan @Wedge Antilles @Nate Dawg
"Yes, I am sure, because I was stupid." Tails claimed.

"All this time, I was trying to bring back Cosmo... but I realized something. That I tried to make myself happy. That I became a Cultist for only this purpose... and nothing else. When I spoke to Cosmo, she showed me that I don't need a seed to remind me of her. She reminded me that we will never forget each other."

@Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles @Nate Dawg

@

Ellis as caught off guard by Mulan. something didn't feel right. Was she mad at him? Ellis just want her to be safe. Ellis would lightly grab Mulan's hand.

" I know you don't need me for anytang, Mulan I'm just worried bout ya. Quick side thang, I'm tired of ya talin you're self down! Who cares you're a woman! I trust you're smart, tough, probably could kick my ass. You need to this yourself, go I ahead. I trust ya."

White.

The color of purity.

The color of immaculateness.

It was the only visible color in the area.

It matched her perfectly.

Claudia Hortensia. Such a pure woman who knew nothing but love, despite the despair in her life.

It matched him horribly.

Kirei Kotomine. Such a tainted man who knew nothing but despair, despite the love in his life.

The two of them could not be any more different. A young woman who could only ever express love to those she cared for, and a young man who could never express love. Yet somehow, they found love. At least, something that a normal person, from their unclouded point of view, would call love. Something that Claudia Hortensia would call love. But something Kirei Kotomine could not describe.

In this strange room that Kotomine found himself in, the whiteness reminded him precisely of Claudia. She had died long ago, ten years ago to be exact. She was supposed to be dead. So why... why was she here? Was she standing there, alive and well, in front of him? This wasn't logical at all. Was this the work of the damned portal that the priest had stepped in? Likely. It must be some sort of trick! Just like in the Monokuma Incident, when the illusion of his late father came to him and attempted to lure him into the never-ending void of darkness.

But even so, if there was one thing he couldn't deny, Claudia Hortensia's beauty was at least real. As well as the hands on Kotomine's face, and the warmth that came along with them. He felt younger... like he had traveled back in time. Truly, this phenomena was like a blast from the past.

sample_a3a0e3fe6ea2d2fae7b40d04dac86197.jpg

"Welcome home, darling. It's been so long." The angel spoke with a pure voice, free of any negativity.

"Claudia..." The devil spoke in a tainted voice, free of any good.

"You haven't changed a bit in these ten years, have you? You're so helpless without me," the young woman giggled with a smile, taking the man's rough hand with her own soft hand, caressing it, "It's been so long... since I've seen you. Since I've felt you. I've missed you, my love..."

Kotomine was more perplexed than anything. He didn't feel overwhelmingly confused, happy, sad, angry, or anything like that. Simply confused, yet interested. If he recalled correctly, the portals were supposed to lead him to a place that he wanted so much to be a reality. A place where he would be inclined to stay due to some mysterious temptation. But as Kirei Kotomine knew, the only thing he could ever feel, the only thing he could ever desire, was to cause despair and misfortune wherever he went. At his own leisure, of course. So why did it feel like someone was trying to tempt him with love? It felt wrong in many ways, but he chose not to fight it. At least, for now. He would need to first ascertain the situation correctly, adapt, and act.

"Hey, c'mon, talk to me!" Claudia said, lightly touching Kotomine's face again, the warmth of her voice and hands causing him to snap back to reality, or whatever this place was, "It's not like you to just zone out. You're a more focused man than that. I know you are, Kirei. Come on... touch my face. I want to feel your warmth... the same warmth I've shown you. You've felt what it's like to rub my skin against yours, and I want you to return the treatment... Please. Let me feel you."

Like a robot, unsure of what exactly to do, the priest wordlessly did as he was told, putting a hand on the woman's cheek, only nodding in response to her words at the moment.

sample_b58f99bac8928ce5ea39f13dc88c8331.jpg

"Claudia..."

"Ah... your hand is warm. I'm glad. You really are a warm person, Kirei. I knew it after all. There is goodness in you!" Claudia smiled, causing Kotomine to purse his lips uncomfortably.

It was then that it had occurred to him. The thought of crushing her. Grabbing her by the neck and snapping it. Stabbing her with some Black Key blades. Ending her. That was what Kotomine felt like doing. He wanted to destroy something beautiful. Something beautiful like her. It was a habit to instinctively destroy, to hurt. It was in his blood to kill, to hurt, to destroy. It was none different from the last time he had experienced an illusion like this. When the spirit of his father had appeared to him, it had attempted to curse him, so the priest did away with him as easily as any other ghoul or foul creature. A temptation he could never resist. Truly, that was what spreading misfortune and despair was like to him.

... Ah. So now he understood. That was the temptation. He was tempted to kill her. He could feel it in her body. The fragility of it. It almost taunted him, how fragile she was. How easy it would be to break her. A temptation that only Kirei Kotomine could struggle with. Comparable to when Jesus Christ fasted in the desert, and refused the Devil's suggestion that he turn the rocks into bread to eat. Well, perhaps that was blasphemous of him to think such a thing, but it didn't matter either way.

In other words, the temptation here was the notion of killing her. Which meant that the only way to leave was to let her live. To leave her be. He had a mission to report to, and he'd be damned before he would fail it just because he failed to fight the temptation. Well, technically, he had already been damned twice before, but technicalities were nothing more than annoying technicalities.

"I see..."

He did not want what normal men wanted.

"Hehe. You know, Caren's growing fast. Before we know it, she's gonna grow up to be just the most absolute angel ever, I'm sure of it!"

He did not want to live some fantastical, happy family life with his wife Claudia and his daughter Caren.

"Is that so?"

He did not want to stay in some strange place with nothing but the love the young woman gave him.

"Yes, indeed! Who knows? Maybe she'll even take after Grandpa Risei!"

He wanted to kill. He wanted to cause suffering. He wanted to cause despair wherever he went.

"Ah... Well, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves what kind of young lady Caren will grow up to be in the future. Only time can tell for sure, hmm?"

That was why he had to let her live. That was why he had to let her keep on smiling, no matter what. That was why her smile had to be protected. Because if he didn't, that would mean he fell victim to his temptation, and he would not be able to return to his world.

"Well, that'll all depend on how well we raise her!~"

It would mean he would be unable to move forward. So with that in mind, Kirei Kotomine began to walk forward with the intent of leaving this godforsaken place. If he was here for much longer, who knew what would happen? He could not fall victim to the temptation, and thinking about that, he should soon be free from this wretched, deceivingly evil place.

"Well, anyway... I have to go. I have to get to work... Some unfinished business to attend to, if you must."

If there was a Claudia Hortensia that was still alive out there, then it was enough for Kotomine to know that she was already plenty suffering, even if she didn't know she was suffering. She loved a man who could never honestly return that love, and perhaps, in the end, that knowledge was enough to satisfy his twisted tendency for sadism.

"Oh, is that so? I see... Well, stay safe, darling! I love you!" She exclaimed like some hyper schoolgirl, uncharacteristic of her, given her fragile body and weak constitution. But Kotomine did not resist. He simply nodded, not even reacting when the woman planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

"I..." He began to speak, before stopping. Even if he could not bring himself to hurt her here, he was also unable to bring himself to return her affections, even now. Even if it would have been a lie. So with that, he simply nodded, "I know. Make sure Caren grows up to be a wonderful person. Not like her father..."

a4625580968c3a1b135cb6aa1347d4c9.jpg

And before he knew it, everything went completely black in the blink of an eye.

And when he came to, he was on the other side of the bridge.

She was gone from this world now. And he felt nothing for her. As always, he was empty.​

@

Ellis as caught off guard by Mulan. something didn't feel right. Was she mad at him? Ellis just want her to be safe. Ellis would lightly grab Mulan's hand.

" I know you don't need me for anytang, Mulan I'm just worried bout ya. Quick side thang, I'm tired of ya talin you're self down! Who cares you're a woman! I trust you're smart, tough, probably could kick my ass. You need to this yourself, go I ahead. I trust ya."
"Very well," Mulan responded, as she walked towards the portal, getting closer, "I can not imagine what would be there, that might tempt me to not return to my mission. I see others have already returned with the black device, so, it can be done." She looked at them, and so far, no one had been lost. Yet.

"And good luck to you Ellis. I hope to see you soon, as with the rest of them."

@Josh M

"Bonnie, my actual name is Bonnie, Golden Bonnie to be more precise" Bonnie said flatly as he stared at the ground, hopeing he had been rid of Vincent for good.

"Call me Bonnie from now on." He said

@TheBombMan
@Gummi Bunnies

"Bonnie?" Pietro said. "Like Bonnie and Clyde, right? Cool. Bonnie it is from now on." He was a little curious about the places Tails and Springtrap had seen in their experience with the portal. "So, Tails and... Bonnie, what were your portals like? I know what Patchouli's was now, if I get a chance I would love to visit that library of hers."

@Nate Dawg @TheBombMan @Gummi Bunnies

Reactions: Nater Taters
"Bonnie?" Pietro said. "Like Bonnie and Clyde, right? Cool. Bonnie it is from now on." He was a little curious about the places Tails and Springtrap had seen in their experience with the portal. "So, Tails and... Bonnie, what were your portals like? I know what Patchouli's was now, if I get a chance I would love to visit that library of hers."

I was at the lake of love... and Cosmo was there. We sat there and talked for a while before she gave me the microphone... and the seed."

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @Nate Dawg

I was at the lake of love... and Cosmo was there. We sat there and talked for a while before she gave me the microphone... and the seed."

Holding Patchouli's hand a bit tighter, Pietro looked at Tails with respect. "Yeah, that must have been pretty cool, but probably tough to leave her in the end. You told me about her, but not about the other stuff. Hope you're cool with being back here." He got curious about the seed he mentioned, that he had given to Patchouli. "What kind of seed is it, Tails? A magic seed maybe?"

@TheBombMan @Gummi Bunnies @Nate Dawg

Holding Patchouli's hand a bit tighter, Pietro looked at Tails with respect. "Yeah, that must have been pretty cool, but probably tough to leave her in the end. You told me about her, but not about the other stuff. Hope you're cool with being back here." He got curious about the seed he mentioned, that he had given to Patchouli. "What kind of seed is it, Tails? A magic seed maybe?"

"I don't know... I was still growing it when Eggman's robot destroyed it."

Bonnie looked up when Pietro asked him about the portal they had gone through. He scoffed and looked and the group. "Listen, what I saw and what happened in my portal is my business, and my business alone. While I consider you three the closest of my allies, I don't feel like sharing, okay...good."

Reactions: Poe Dameron
Bonnie looked up when Pietro asked him about the portal they had gone through. He scoffed and looked and the group. "Listen, what I saw and what happened in my portal is my business, and my business alone. While I consider you three the closest of my allies, I don't feel like sharing, okay...good."

Pietro backed up a bit, as Springtrap seemed... defensive? "It's cool. Some stuff happened in my portal too, weird stuff, almost adult stuff. It was from something innocent like at first. Then it got weird, like someone gave me acid. Then... I was able to survive and come back. Kind of like the tour, or the Murder Game, in a way, right?" He smiled at Springtrap. "Don't worry, none of it was real. But don't worry about telling us, don't have to Bonnie. It's cool."

@Nate Dawg @Gummi Bunnies @TheBombMan

(IGNORE Everything Hope says in this video.)

Hope sighs as he was once again forcefully moved to another location, eyes closed this time. "This is it, I suppose, I failed, and thats that." Sighing, he lifts his head, and what does he see? PalumPolum, his home in Cocoon. "Wait a minute, this is Cocoon....."
(PalumPolum, Hopes Home City, on:)

k9_display.jpg
(Cocoon is the Planet-like thing in the sky, Gran Pulse is the planet Lightning is on in this image.)
steerpike_ffxiii07.jpg
He looks around for his wristband, but, to his surprise, its gone! "Oh no, thats not go........."

"HALT!!! l'Cie, Enemy of cocoon. Don't try anything."

Checking his brand, he sees it is indeed in late stage 13.

L'Cie_Mark_Anima.png

Hidden cameras would be all around, no doubt broadcasting this all to monitors somewhere, somewhen. Hope fears the Doctor is watching. Slowly turning around, the silver-haired 14 year old screams out in agony as his brand glows RED this time, and almost crystaline forms start to take over and grow up his arm.

(Like this:)
scan_snow_villiers_cie_th_forms_by_melodycrystel-d7eok8w.png
after all of this, he ends up a full out Cie'th in front of the guardian Corps (GC in the video) and the PSICom Division.

FFXIII_enemy_Ghast.png

After the transformation is complete, he starts making a break for the tunnels, turning his back on the soldiers and striking a good 5 or 6 of them out of his way, and ending the lives of 2. All of the soldiers from both divisions start opening fire on the poor boy-gone-monster, still all on camera, and he falls into the tunnel enterance, lying there, still. Reverting back to a human, his brand is no longer at a stage 13, instead back to the 11 it was when he last saw the doctor. Filled with bullet-holes, as his yellow clothes start growing more and more red from the blood, as well as the swamy water in the pipes, he groans. "Lightning, I can't........I can't go on.........Snow, I.......For.......for......forgive you........Vanille, I'm sorry........Sazh, Protect Dahj and that Chocobo chick..........Fang, stay strong......I will no longer be with you....." Groaning again, and caughing up blood as he floats in the water, his skin starts to lose color, and his consiousness starts fading, but not before he issues a few more farewells to the open air. Doctor, Please don't take this too hard, I wasn't strong enough......*caugh* Luke.......Thank you for....for.........everything........." his weak body ceases to move in the pipe, and his life ends tragically. The soldiers extract his corps, and then the area fades to resemble that of a star trek holodeck, and the soldiers fade to resemble the deranged robots from earlier. While the prophet may have indeed been a cruel man, he at least had the decency to allow Hope the illusion of dying in his hometown, or at least, thats what he WOULD've thought if he had lived a tad bit longer. Had the Prophet ACTUALLY set this one up? Had he REALLY felt some compassion for the young teen to allow him a tiny bit of peace of mind while he got repeatedly shot to death? Very unlikely, and its likely only a product of the world he was put in. on top of that, anyone else that would've been with him would have noticed that the objective black microphone was nowhere to be seen. It seems that no matter whether hed have been able to defeat his executioners or not, he would have expired one way or another. all broadcast somewhere troughout the universe, whether it be within the facility, to a portable device, or somewhere else entirely, the only thing for sure is that a video feed of the events was sent SOMEWHERE. To anyone that would have seen, its clear he wasn't lying about becoming a cie'th monster, or those at home fearing and hating l'Cie. Nothing the boy had said after he came clean had been a lie, but by that time the trauma of losing his mother, losing his friends, seeing them brought back, and then getting voted out only to end this way was truely a case of rotten luck. Hope is Dead, Lightning and the others having lost a valuable medic, and a close friend, without their awareness of it even, and the Doctor had failed to help the boy thanks to forces out of his control. Things here, are royally F*****D Up.

@Mighty Roman

(Shitty Ending is Shitty because Hopes lack of having people supporting him recently has been futzing with my REAL emotions, as irrational as it is. maybe I just need sleep. :P )

The Doctor looked into the portal, wondering who would survive the temptation. He counted who had already returned from the portal, as he savoured the last of the tea he had somehow bought back with him. He could see Pietro, Patchoulli, Springtrap, Ghost Tails, the spiky-haired fellow he hadn't spoken too...but Hope hadn't returned. The Doctor wished he could assume that Hope was merely taking his time, but he instead knew exactly what had happened. Hope was dead. He turned to the others. He could use the company. He had lost Hope, like he had numerous companions before him. Ace, Hex, Peri, Raine...so many. [BCOLOR=#800000]"You could argue that it wasn't my fault...but I can only assume the worst."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800000]
tumblr_mj138hkAhp1qlj8quo9_r1_250.gif
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800000]"I'm sorry that I couldn't help you, Hope. But I will avenge you. Find the traitors, solve the mystery. Save the others.[/BCOLOR]
He addressed those who survived the portal.
tumblr_mj138hkAhp1qlj8quo4_r2_250.gif

[BCOLOR=#800000]"But you know what we do have? Something to fight for. No matter what you saw in there, it is what keeps you fighting. We will find the Traitors. We will find out what's going on here. We will survive. In honour of those we'll return home to, and those we have lost. Let's take the fight to The Prophet. Let's end this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]@FireDrake150 @Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @Nate Dawg @Atomyk @Librarian Cat @Mari @Everyone [/BCOLOR]

"Fuck it, I'm going in." Stalk spoke aloud before she stepped inside the portal.

On the other side she would be met by the crashing of waves. Looking around she found herself on some sort of exotic and beautiful beach. "Well...this is something all right." Not seeing anything or anyone else she'd continue her trek a bit further.

A while later though she'd hear playful laughter and chatter behind some over growth of palm trees and bushes. Curious she'd walk through the over growth to find a clearing and a bed surrounded by rose petals.On the bed itself she'd find Cole and the Will dressed only in golden underpants feeding each other grapes.

Mouth agape she looked at the scene that was playing out before her.

TheStalk29_zps1ebktv3g.png

"...Shit...I really can't tell them apart when they're dressed like that."

Hearing her speak the two hunks would turn their attention towards the Stalk and with a sexy smirk on their faces would pat sensually on the bed to beckon her to join them.

"Oooh lord...don't tempt me to do naughty things..."
And she was tempted...oh how she was tempted. "Maybe just a quickie?"

No, she had a job to do. Fun time could be had after said job was finished. "I just need to get real Cole drunk." She assured herself as she walked past the bed, the yearning in the mens eyes for some sensual play time was quite evident.

"Sorry boys, I'm on the clock. You can spank it yourself." With that she'd travel deeper into the jungle until finally on a stone pedestal she'd find the microphone. "Ugh, finally! You better be worth it."

After what seemed like a long time she'd step back through the portal where the rest of the players were waiting. "Miss me?" She asked playfully to Cole.

@Atomyk

Hope nods quietly and does as instructed, petting her gently. extracting the Swords. and the plush from earlier, he sighs and returns them to Luke, as well as the Knife he got from Lightning. "I'm the one with the most votes at the moment, last I checked, so Luke I feel like I have to return these to you." his face bears a somber expression. one of failure, and one of a kid that had nothing left. "You shouldn't stay too close to me, unless something drastic changes, theres no way You'll see me at the end. Unless I'm As luvky as Mulan, which I doubt. *he sighs a bit, Slowly coming to accept his impending doom.* Sorry Luke."

@CrimsonLaurana

Luke smiled at Hope. "You should keep the swords. You never know when you'll need something to help you. You should keep the plush as well so you know there's someone that cares for you no matter what happens." He stated sadly. "I will keep the knife if you wish and use it so that your memory of your friends will always be active. I hope that you find what you're looking for in the portal and as this may possibly be the last time I see you, I'm going to give you another hug." He hugged Hope for a moment then let go, setting the small plush doll back in Hope's hand. "It's yours now." He smiled at Hope and ruffled his hair. He then turned his attention to Mulan. "It is a good thing that you could tell him the truth. That's a strong quality to have." He smiled at Hope, Mulan, and the others. "Well, I'm off. Wish me luck!" Luke said cheerfully as he walked towards the portal. He beamed cheerfully over his shoulder and stepped through.

The first thing he noticed after going through the portal was blackness. He thought for a few seconds and then discovered his eyes were closed. He didn't remember closing them though. He blinked open his eyes and searched the surrounding area for any monsters or people and then tried to figure out where he was. It was warm and had flowers around. "I guess I'm either in Tataroo Valley or in Tear's selennia garden in Yulia City. I feel wind so it's prob? Badly the former." Luke murmured to himself quietly. "I'll go check and see if the Rotelro Bridge is rebuilt yet. If it isn't, I'll go straight to Chesedonia and stock up on food since I'm running low." He walked down the road aways and came to the ruined bridge. "Well, I can't go this way then." He turned around and headed back up the road, aiming for Chesedonia as it would take a little while to get there. He continued along the road for a few hours until he came up to the entrance and entered. He went to the grocer first and stocked up on all the food he could hold in his wing pack. He then went to the weapon stall and decided to browse the weapons there. He bought a few daggers, a new sword, and a few blade sharpening and cleaning kits. He strode along to the inn and rented a room for the night because it was getting dark and he did have somewhat of an idea where the 'black microphone' was located.

A few hours later, he awoke and left the Inn. He had decided the night before that he would go to Baticul to searched the city. He believed that is where the microphone he needed to collect was located. He traveled along the road to Baticul, fighting monsters, collecting items, and just enjoying the fresh air around him. As Luke came to the entrance to Baticul, he saw a man with crimson hair by the gate, speaking with one of the city guards. 'Oh, damn. Asch is here. I better go through the other entrance to the city.' He thought quickly as he turned around and walked off. What he didn't know was that the redhead in question had seen the flash if Luke's hair out of the corner of his eye and after Luke had turned the corner, Asch had turned around to speak, read yell, at him for his disappearance.

Luke went around to the side of the city that faced Malkuth and climbed up the ladder that was there. He opened the iron door and went inside, pulling the door shut behind him with a short 'click'. He couldn't see very well in the low lighting, as the barrels they had lot before had burned out, so he cast a quick Fireball and kept it floating above his hands. The place smelled just as bad as it had the last time he had gone through this tunnel, possibly even worse than before. He killed a few small monsters with some weaker spells and proceeded farther through the tunnel. He got to the end of it after about an hour or so and followed the sunlight to the opening in the wall. He went through it and walked onto the cable car that would take him to one of the lower levels of the city. It took him to the bottom-most sector of the tiered city, where the colosseum and shops are. Luke decided to browse those shops to see if he could find some new clothing as his was starting to fade and tear. He found the clothing store easily enough and walked inside, only to try to leave when he saw Asch again. As Asch had heard the door open, he turned his attention away from his perusal of the clothing and towards whoever had entered. When Asch saw who it was, he growled and stalked up to him. "Do you have any idea how long we looked for you?! And you turn up here of all places. What a laugh." Asch said angrily. "Do you know how worried Tear was? Do you know how worried Natalia was?! Hell, do you have any idea how worried I was?!!" Luke had shrunk back during the confrontation and tears had started forming at the corners of his eyes as Asch continued his fit of rage. Luke waited until Asch had gotten further in his speech to where he closed his eyes and ran out of the building as tears streamed down his face. He could hear Asch following him but he didn't care, he just wanted to get as far away from the city as possible. As Luke tried to exit the city, his arm was caught in a strong grip and he was jerked around slightly to face his captor. He struggled for a short time then gave up on trying to get away but didn't look up at his original, tears still falling. Asch calmed down slightly and sighed loudly. "I wasn't trying to scare you, dreck. I was just trying to get a point across." Asch stared at his replica dejectedly. "Guy, Natalia, Anise, Jade, Ion, and I had just left the Qliphoth on the Tartarus when we got a message from Tear that you had gone... missing from Yulia City. Guy had planned to meet up with you at Aramis Spring after we dropped him off at Engeve." He said haltingly. "After we got the message, we all decided to look for you. We looked everywhere we could think of and finally stopped the search after a couple months. We thought you might have gone to the Qliphoth and thrown yourself into the toxic sludge, but I could feel you were still alive somewhere." Luke brought his left hand up to wipe the tears from his face, as he had stopped crying after a few minutes of Asch's story. Luke smiled slightly at Asch. "Thank you for looking for me, but can you please let my arm go now?" He asked quietly. "I'm starting to lose feeling in my hand." Asch looked down and noticed he had held on a little too tightly. "Sorry." He stated embarrassedly. "I didn't mean to squeeze so hard, I was just trying to keep you from leaving before I got to speak with you." He turned a disgruntled eye to the small cried that was forming around them. "We should leave this place, there's too many people here." He told Luke as he nodded towards the store the had left from. "You look like you need a change of clothes anyway." Luke smiled slightly at his original. "Yeah, I do. I've been in the same thing for the past several days and it smells pretty bad because of that." He told him willingly. "The reason I'm back is because the first person I meet up with here is going to help me find a couple of strange items and that will get me back to where I was." He turned his gaze to the side as he watched Asch from his peripheral and they remembered the shop. "I'll tell you more later, after I find your item. I need new clothes and a way into the bedroom in the manor where I spelt for seven years and you did for ten." Luke found three full shirts colored black, three pairs of pants in tan, a coat without coattails, and a two pairs of shoes. He paid for it, slightly smiled at Asch, and left the store silently with Asch in tow. He used the elevators to get to the highest of the tiers where the castle and the Fabre manor are located. He changed into his new clothes before exiting the elevator as he had stuck his old clothes in his bag as well. Luke had noticed a slight pull on his fonons as soon as he stepped out of the elevator and followed the sensation to the right side of the front of the castle. There he found the first 'black microphone' but he knew it wasn't his to keep. He wandered back to where Asch was standing by the fountain and showed him the strange object. "This is what I'm looking for. There are two of these in Auldrant and now I need to find the other one." He said quickly. "This one is yours. I guess the people at the place I was have a strange sense of humor." He pulled Asch closer and tucked the microphone in Asch's bag then turned towards the elevator again. "Since your microphone was found here and I don't feel any residual energy from another microphone anywhere around here, I'm going to head to Grand Chokmah to check an see if mine is there. If it is, we can leave here. If it isn't, we'll probably need to check Choral Castle." Luke walked into the elevator and was about to push the down button when Asch decided to enter as well. He followed Luke to the ground floor and into the cable that lead to the port. "If you think I'd let you out of my sight right after you returned, you have another thing coming." He said iratedly. "Besides, someone needs to be by your side through this ordeal." Asch commented softly. Luke beamed at Asch and got two tickets for the ferry to Grand Chokmah for right then. It would take a few hours by boat to reach it though.

A few hours later, Luke and Asch got off the ferry and headed towards the palace grounds. Luke had commented while they were on the ferry that he wanted to see Peony's rappigs while they were there. Luke walked slightly ahead of Asch and tiptoe to the door quietly. He pulled the door open a bit and peeked in. He saw all the rappigs cuddled up together on Peony's bed with Peony. Luke shut the door and grabbed Asch's arm. "Did you feel that?" He asked suddenly. "I think that' the other microphone." He pulled him further down the hallway. "It feels like it's coming from this way." He commented as he pulled him further along until they came to a door marked 'Colonel Jade Curtiss: Third Company of the Malkuth Army'.

Luke opened the door and walked in. He saw Jade behind the desk, seemingly asleep, and quietly walked to the back corner of the room. There he found what he was looking for, tucked it into his bag, and started back towards the door when he was stopped by the noise of boots touching the ground. He turned and saw Jade awake and staring at him unnervingly. Luke backed away from Jade and tried to open the door, only to be stopped by the sudden appearance and chucking of Jade's spear. Luke ducked down as soon as he saw it leave Jade's hand and put up a Guardian Field for his own safety. "What are you doing Jade?" He asked, slightly freaked out. "Why'd you Chuck your spear at me this time?" Jade just kept staring at him for a few more moments and Luke got more and more terrified of what would happen. He looked up incredulously when Jade threw back his head and laughed, happily he might add. "Colonel, you are starting to scare me." He stated quietly. "Are you sure you are all right?" Jade stopped laughing and turned his attention back to Luke. "I'm perfectly fine, Luke. No need to get worried about an old man like me." He told him stoically. "I'm just happy that you're all right and have come back in one piece." Luke was slightly appeased and let down his shield, but not before making Jade retrieve his weapon. Asch rushed into the room right after, pulling the door out from behind Luke, causing him to fall back and knock Asch to the ground. "My, my. Children these days are so lively, are they not." Jade asked them both. "I would help you up but I'm an old man and it would strain my joints terribly." Luke sighed exasperatedly at Jade's antics and got off of Asch. "Sorry about that." He said as he helped him off the floor. "Jade is very violent when he gets surprised." He looked towards Jade. "I met one of your universal counterparts and he was kind of strange." He said nonchalantly. "I also gave him one of the three extra pairs of glasses you had me carry for you as well. I gave him the oldest pair since he'll have to change the glyphs himself and some of them were worn off of them." Jade pushed up his glasses and made them flash. "How different was he from me then?" He asked curiously. "And those glasses were given to me by Dist. Thank you for getting rid of them for me." Luke nodded at him. "Instead of being a Colonel in Malkuth, he is the co-owner of a transdimensional company that provides other reality with goods and services that they couldn't get before." He told him happily. "I had a very interesting conversation with him and you're welcome." He turned to Asch then. "We need to get going Asch, if we don't want to miss our ship to Chesedonia." He said as reached over to hug Jade briefly and grab Asch's arm to tug him along. "See you later Jade~! Have fun with your new information~!" He called down down the hall as he and Asch left the hallway. Jade smiled a true smile and said to himself. "Oh, I will Luke. I will."

Luke kept tugging on Asch until they were outside Grand Chokmah and let go of his arm. "Come on Asch, we need to get to the ferry and get to Tataroo Valley before the sun sets today or I'll probably stop existing." He said as he started walking. Asch splattered for a second. "Wait, what?" He asked Luke startled. He caught up with Luke and stopped him. "What do you mean by that?" Luke turned to him and frowned slightly. "I'll tell you as soon as we get on the ferry, okay?" He asked quickly as he grabbed Asch's hand. "I'll tell you everything as soon as we're sadly aboard." Asch stared at him with confusion but relented. "All right, but you'd better tell me then." He got a nod from Luke as an answer. They got tickets and boarded the ferry. They then went to the room they were sharing and sat at the small table provided. "All right then. Talk." Asch demanded. "Tell your tale and let's be done with it." Luke nodded and took a sipping of the water bottle he had pulled from his pack. He rolled another across the table to Asch and began. "You remember the day I vanished clearly, as you said. I remember it differently than you do though." He said slightly sorrowful. "I remember being in your head and all that went on up until you and the others went to the upper lands from the Qliphoth. Right after you passed into the waters above, I felt myself slipping away from you and back into my own mind. Where I was taken will probably make you think I need psychological help. I woke up on the ground outside a metal building of the likes I had never seen before. It was very solid and cold looking as well. I was invited inside and told I was part of a Tour of the place. The place is called the Fuse Facility and within the first few hours, I had scoured the library for books and the like to find out where I was. After we are called together and taken to another set of room, I went to the computer room to learn more about the facility. The computer wasn't locked or logged out so I searched artes and information on it. I found out a lot of weird things and a few of my friends found a dead girl in the small closet-like area in the room. A friend, named Pietro, wanted to look up who had killed her on the computer and I looked through the books I took from the library. Then one of our friends was murdered execution style and we had to vote on killing another. Then we got taken to a few more places and finally I'm here, looking for the microphones and we have to go back to Tataroo Valley because that's where I woke up." He took a large gulp of his water after his non-stop talking. Asch looked at him strangely. "All righty then. You got stuck in a very strange place." He commented softly. "I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier. You were probably so scared when you got stuck there and even more so after the murders." He took a sip of his own water. "Do I go with you then because of the microphones?" He asked Luke. "If so, I will help you all I can. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder." Luke beamed at Asch and hugs him quickly. "Thank you. Thank you. Oh, thank you." He trilled happily. "I'm not going to be alone anymore~!" Asch smiled at him fondly and patted his head.

They both then heard the captain say the were landing at the port of Chesedonia. Luke gathered his things and left the cabin with Asch not far behind. "We should hurry." He said quickly. "We don't have much time left." As they made their way to Tataroo Valley, they saw a familiar figure traipsing around the selennias. It was Tear. Luke's eyes lit up but stopped when he remembered why they were here. He was heartbroken but he had to do this or he would lose other friends. He steeped himself and walked up to her. "Hello Tear. I'm back for a bit." He said as she turned to meet his gaze. "I just wanted to give you this plush doll of Mieu because I know you enjoy cute things." She looked at him with tears in here eyes as she took it. "This isn't goodbye, is it?" She asked, trying to hold back tears. "Because if it is, I'm going to smack you." Luke stared at her and smiled. "It's never goodbye." He said strongly. "Just always a see you later." He pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back eventually and the first person I'll come to see will be you." He told her happily. "Then maybe we can help each other understand life, the universe, and everything." He let go of her and walked to where Asch stood. "We need to leave now or we'll be stuck here forever." He said as he walked across the foiled to where he woke up the day before. "Just grab my hand and we'll go through."

Luke opened his eyes and saw he was on the other side of the Bridge. He smiled and turned to look at Asch and was glad to find him still in one piece. He had crossed the bridge and found a familiar companion in doing so.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nue and Mari
The portal shuddered as it coughed out yet another occupant. It was Cole, who held one of the black microphones in the palm of his hand. He held it up, staring down at it like it contained some great mystery. He looked behind himself to peer into the portal, eyes shining once again with that spark of electricity. He watched as Jade Curtiss stepped out, holding a microphone of his own. At the sight of him, Cole quickly pocketed his reward. "Probably the easiest task laid out before us so far," Jade muttered with a smile. He held his glasses in his hands, rubbing at them intently with his thumb. "My old bones so ache at all of this running around we're doing. It was nice to do something different." Jade didn't look to be very old-- really only in his mid-thirties, it seemed. Regardless, the man made a big show of touching at his back like he was in perpetual pain. "Really, there's not much I could be tempted with. I have just about everything I could imagine."

Jade stepped forward, peering intently at Cole, who was still staring his way. Putting on his glasses, Jade asked, "And what did you encounter, may I ask?"

No, you may not ask. Cole's brow twitched with slight annoyance. "Why do you care?"

"A purely harmless inquiry!" Jade was grinning now, and it unsettled Cole. "We're all in this together, aren't we?"

Cole tilted his head to the side, observing the portal as more people continued to exit. Not everybody had gone through yet, and it was looking like too few people were going to. "... Isn't that private?" Cole eventually responded. He looked back to Jade and crossed his arms. "Go ask someone else, if you care. My life is not available for you to poke at."

Jade didn't seem to care that he'd been rebuffed. After a moment of silence, the man casually leaned in toward Cole. "Is it?" he asked. "I guess if you don't want to tell me, that's your decision. Maybe you'll let your friends know, won't you?" Jade looked almost playful as he turned away to leave Cole alone. The Conduit glared at the man's back, entirely unsure what just occurred between them. He didn't think he could trust Jade, but for whatever reason, Cole didn't think he had to worry about him. With a sigh, he made his way toward the Stalk.

"You all right?" he asked. "I'm glad you made it."

@Jeremi

Last edited:
The portal shuddered as it coughed out yet another occupant. It was Cole, who held one of the black microphones in the palm of his hand. He held it up, staring down at it like it contained some great mystery. He looked behind himself to peer into the portal, eyes shining once again with that spark of electricity. He watched as Jade Curtiss stepped out, holding a microphone of his own. At the sight of him, Cole quickly pocketed his reward. "Probably the easiest task laid out before us so far," Jade muttered with a smile. He held his glasses in his hands, rubbing at them intently with his thumb. "My old bones so ache at all of this running around we're doing. It was nice to do something different." Jade didn't look to be very old-- really only in his mid-thirties, it seemed. Regardless, the man made a big show of touching at his back like he was in perpetual pain. "Really, there's not much I could be tempted with. I have just about everything I could imagine."

Jade stepped forward, peering intently at Cole, who was still staring his way. Putting on his glasses, Jade asked, "And what did you encounter, may I ask?"

Cole's brow twitched with slight annoyance. No, you may not ask. "Why do you care?"

"A purely harmless inquiry!" Jade was grinning now, and it unsettled Cole. "We're all in this together, aren't we?"

Cole tilted his head to the side, observing the portal as more people continued to exit. Not everybody had gone through yet, and it was looking like too few people were going to. "... Isn't that private?" Cole eventually responded. He looked back to Jade and crossed his arms. "Go ask someone else, if you care. My life is not open for you to poke at."

Jade didn't seem to care that he'd been rebuffed. After a moment of silence, the man casually leaned in toward Cole. "Is it?" he asked. "I guess if you don't want to tell me, that's your decision. Maybe you'll let your friends know, won't you?" Jade looked almost playful as he turned away to leave Cole alone. The Conduit glared at the man's back, entirely unsure what just occurred between them. He didn't think he could trust Jade, but for whatever reason, Cole didn't think he had to worry about him. With a sigh, he made his way toward the Stalk.

"You all right?" he asked. "I'm glad you made it."

@Jeremi

"It was...quite the ordeal." She replied. "But I managed to secure the package." She held up the microphone before smirking "While avoiding two other packages. I'll tell you about it later."

@Atomyk

"It was...quite the ordeal." She replied. "But I managed to secure the package." She held up the microphone before smirking "While avoiding two other packages. I'll tell you about it later."

@Atomyk
"Uh--" Holding up his hands, Cole realized he really didn't want to know. "You don't have to tell me a thing." He gestured behind himself, where the others who made it out were gathering. He opened his mouth to speak, but found he couldn't talk. He was wondering if it would be right to tell his friend what occurred in the portal. It was... private, and something he could only imagine telling Zeke. Perhaps it didn't matter at all if he chose not to say anything. "... I don't think everyone will make it out. More than just Cell or Hope-- Our numbers will dwindle."

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.