Murder Game VI: Fusion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
L14050180401257313_13.jpg

"... so that's why..." Patchouli remembered of how Tails had spoken about someone named Cosmo, and given how he felt for her and how he reacted at times to Patchouli's intimacy with Pietro... she could understand the desperation he had to see someone that was dead.

@TheBombMan
"Yeah, seeing you with Pietro reminded me of her. As much as I like your relationship, I think that Pietro might have killed me" Tails said.

"Please... Make me believe I'm wrong... I don't know anything I see now."

@Gummi Bunnies

image.png

"I can't see the point of killing one, taking their life... when it does more bad than good. I have no gain for committing the act of murder, the world is already cruel enough to cast down this predicament to us all. In addition... I would never throw away the trust that you have towards me, and I know that you wouldn't do that either. We just... need to survive this... we really do..." Patchouli never understood the justification that most humans would use when it came to murder. While it was something of common knowledge in Gensokyo, it still brought concern to Patchouli that people were willing to take another's life on a whim.

image.png

"T-Tails?..." this caught her by surprise, possibly because she assumed that he wasn't a ghost for she didn't seem him like this immediately after his death. However, she got herself together, she was used to seeing ghosts at this point. Hell, she was close friends with the Ghost Princess for crying out loud.

"... excuse my surprise," she smiled,"I just... didn't expect you to come around like so. I do feel disheartened to know that you were a cultist... but, I can forgive you. For all I know... you could had been made into a Cultist against your own will... However, your main concern is to find your killer."

image.png

ohshesawwhatyoudidthere

By seeing this vote being cast, Patchouli did feel disturbed inside, but yet, she didn't want to hinder the voting either. It was better to let everyone place their own opinions than to manipulate things to your own liking. that would be plain selfish of her.

This also reminded her that she had to vote... despite the many chances that this could take by who could be executed.

"... someone... who could had done a thing like this..."

Then she instantly placed it together with past murders. In that sense by applying the manner of C-3PO's death with Tails's death... especially with that message.

Wait...

"Naoki... was it? Your vote is going towards Cell... It actually makes sense that way..."

@everybody fuck it​
"I'm going with the most obvious person this time, that is all," Naoki shrugged as he waited for the event to end.

g2j0kGi.png

"I'm sure you think you're clever, don't ya? Let me tell you, I've received so many votes, they've lost all meaning! Yours is just as meaningless, and may as well count as not voting at all. If you're fine with essentially voting for yourself, then that's fine by me!"

@FireDrake150
Hope looks to the bear unworriedly. "Clever? No, far from it. Voting for myself? Not a bad idea, but no, thats not it either. Voting for te Prophet? also clearly a deathwish. NONE of this is worth the reward. If I could go back to Cocoon OR Gran Pulse now, I would. COcoon may be a Floating nest of vipers, if I can be considered as such, and Gran Pulse can be considered uninhabitable, but I don't care. Either is better then this. My Life is but a Fal'Cie's fancy, so if you think you're so hot and mighty, Yang, (he means Monokuma) then Shut your big fat ugly mouth and actually do something productive." Hope avoids looking at the Doctor this time, Imagining the Doctor would disagree with this course of action.

(Hope seems to have lost his marbles. Will he find them?)

@Mighty Roman
@Atomyk

"Yeah, seeing you with Pietro reminded me of her. As much as I like your relationship, I think that Pietro might have killed me" Tails said.

"Please... Make me believe I'm wrong... I don't know anything I see now."

@Gummi Bunnies
image.png

"... I would say the same, Tails. I don't know what I would do... if Pietro was a killer..." the violet-haired librarian did share the same fear that the ghostly fox had.

@TheBombMan
"I'm going with the most obvious person this time, that is all," Naoki shrugged as he waited for the event to end.
That was the problem though... that Cell was simply an obvious individual. Obvious could mean many things. That they were actually what they were known to be obvious for... or that it was too obvious that they misinterpret the situation and make matters worse for the rest.

Only time will tell once votes had been counted...

Patchouli gave a simple nod to Naoki, not having much else to say as she returned her attention to Pietro. Both of them still had yet to cast their votes.. but yet, she didn't want to rush it in either.

"... I'm not entirely sure... but if Cell is obvious to be our culprit or to be guilty of something... I feel that we have to take a chance with our vote... do you... agree with this... love?" Patchouli asked, wanting to hear his opinion on the manner. Two minds do indeed work better than going solo.

@Wedge Antilles

• Love
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Hope looks to the bear unworriedly. "Clever? No, far from it. Voting for myself? Not a bad idea, but no, thats not it either. Voting for te Prophet? also clearly a deathwish. NONE of this is worth the reward. If I could go back to Cocoon OR Gran Pulse now, I would. COcoon may be a Floating nest of vipers, if I can be considered as such, and Gran Pulse can be considered uninhabitable, but I don't care. Either is better then this. My Life is but a Fal'Cie's fancy, so if you think you're so hot and mighty, Yang, (he means Monokuma) then Shut your big fat ugly mouth and actually do something productive." Hope avoids looking at the Doctor this time, Imagining the Doctor would disagree with this course of action.

@Mighty Roman
@Atomyk
image.png

Kotomine gave a somewhat condescending smile as he briefly closed his eyes, spectating on Hope's explosion. The talk of Cocoons and Gran Pulses and Fal'Cie's and whatever flew over the priest's head, but nonetheless, it was still entertaining for the man.

"And I thought young Robin was preachy..."

@FireDrake150 @Atomyk

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu

@Mighty Roman
@Atomyk
For a moment, Naoki could only stare at the child in disbelief. He... He can't be this stupid, can he? No, there's no way natural selection allowed such idiocy to exist. "Jesus Christ, kid, you actually think your screw up of a vote will save you? If anything, you're just making a bleak situation seem hopeless by giving up. Your waste won't save you. You only place yourself as a fool for the traitors to ignore because you won't fight back. You think the people around you need that kind of bullshit on their mind?" With a shake of his head, he turned away from Hope, a look of disgust crossing his face, "God, you don't get to tell that bear to do shit because to be perfectly honest, you're not being productive, you little hypocritical shit. No, you're being counter-productive by seeking death. Kindly go off yourself on your own instead of wasting our time on you."

image.png

"... I would say the same, Tails. I don't know what I would do... if Pietro was a killer..." the violet-haired librarian did share the same fear that the ghostly fox had.

@TheBombMan

That was the problem though... that Cell was simply an obvious individual. Obvious could mean many things. That they were actually what they were known to be obvious for... or that it was too obvious that they misinterpret the situation and make matters worse for the rest.

Patchouli gave a simple nod to Naoki, not having much else to say as she returned her attention to Pietro. Both of them still had yet to cast their votes.. but yet, she didn't want to rush it in either.

"... I'm not entirely sure... but if Cell is obvious to be our culprit or to be guilty of something... I feel that we have to take a chance with our vote... do you... agree with this... love?" Patchouli asked, wanting to hear his opinion on the manner. Two minds do indeed work better than going solo.

@Wedge Antilles
"If you would excuse me... I want to be alone for a while..." Tails said.

*in short I'm going to bed*

@Gummi Bunnies @everyone

Nanami
"Strong, weak, it doesn't matter. It's all a story to unfold, to be read, to be remembered. Do you think I am strong? Maybe I am. But I have no use for strength. My part has already been played, my tale has already ended." She let out a strong sigh, eyes closed. "I've been Naive. The first thing I should have done when I found I was still alive... was die. Instead, I tried to live. To enjoy what there was. But it seems that couldn't even last due to the Prophet's inadequacies, I was lukewarm to believe I could enjoy things. This pain and this place are simply too much. To die without dying. It's been that way my whole life. This pain that I never get used to. It really is like dying, you know? I know that now, since I've already died by my brother Shichika's hands."

Her eyes opened. "Or perhaps you're the lukewarm one? Shifting the attention to me for a death vote, yet acting so scared when I put myself to it?" Those eyes did not judge anyone. Even if she was surrounded by traitors, she would still hold the blame to The Prophet. Those eyes of Nanami's... They were simply tired. "Well, it doesn't matter. Bear, if you don't get on with it, I'll have to kill you."

@Atomyk
@Verite
@Librarian Cat
@Raven
@MrDubWubs

• Love
Reactions: Atomyk
image.png

@TheBombMan

@Wedge Antilles
"May I have a moment?" Jade interrupted, having practically been lurking in the shadows a moment before. "Something interesting to note about the message Tails left for us-- I've been trying to work out what else could fit, and the talk of this suspicious individual, well..." Jade produced two pictures and showed them off.

W2UqY35.png

"Nanami correctly believed it could fit Cole, but it could also fit..."

XqYRc17.png

Distracted for the moment by this, Cole turned from Nanami and stared wide-eyed at Cell, who had been uncharacteristically quiet up to this point. "First, this coward decides to quit on me and now I learn you've possibly done the one thing I asked you not to do?" If Cole could still use his electricity, he'd be lighting up light a light bulb. "There's so few of us who could have even done this, and Tails said he wrote the message himself-- It had to have been you. You're a goddamn monster, Cell."

@Dinoteen @Gummi Bunnies @Ziogen @The Tactician @TheBombMan @Verite @Wedge Antilles

Falling to his knees in his anger, he looks at the man in purple and offers a Simple, yet sharp, statement.

"Can it."

In response to the lecture he recieves, perhaps for the first time all 'Game' he fully reveals his brand in public. Stage 11. 2 more stages and he turns into a Cie'th.

lcie_11th_brand_stage_by_firedrake150-d8rtpd7.png

"I will NOT do that, but you don't have long to wait. I am almost out of time. When this thing progresses, I won't BORE you all with the details, but I cease being human nor Zombie nor anything else you can think of precisecy at that time."
@Verite

@The Tactician

"May I have a moment?" Jade interrupted, having practically been lurking in the shadows a moment before. "Something interesting to note about the message Tails left for us-- I've been trying to work out what else could fit, and the talk of this suspicious individual, well..." Jade produced two pictures and showed them off.

W2UqY35.png

"Nanami correctly believed it could fit Cole, but it could also fit..."

XqYRc17.png

Distracted for the moment by this, Cole turned from Nanami and stared wide-eyed at Cell, who had been uncharacteristically quiet up to this point. "First, this coward decides to quit on me and now I learn you've possibly done the one thing I asked you not to do?" If Cole could still use his electricity, he'd be lighting up light a light bulb. "There's so few of us who could have even done this, and Tails said he wrote the message himself-- It had to have been you. You're a goddamn monster, Cell."

@Dinoteen @Gummi Bunnies @Ziogen @The Tactician @TheBombMan @Verite @Wedge Antilles
image.png

"So it's quite obvious at this point..." Patchouli narrowed her eyes in thought. Was this the truth behind it?

"... I might as well not need any more proof and inference by this point," she mumbles as she places her vote toward Cell. It all made sense, not for Tails's death, but for C-3PO's death much earlier.

@everybody!​

Falling to his knees in his anger, he looks at the man in purple and offers a Simple, yet sharp, statement.

"Can it."

In response to the lecture he recieves, perhaps for the first time all 'Game' he fully reveals his brand in public. Stage 11. 2 more stages and he turns into a Cie'th.

"I will NOT do that, but you don't have long to wait. I am almost out of time. When this thing progresses, I won't BORE you all with the details, but I cease being human nor Zombie nor anything else you can think of precisecy at that time."
@Verite
Naoki didn't even flinch at the sight, its impact mostly lost to him, "Like hell I'll take orders from a whiny piece of crap like you. I don't care about your mark, hell, it doesn't matter if it's going to be a faux-tragic death or some other load of horse shit. At this point, I think most Social Darwinists would agree that they can't wait for your death. Fuck, I bet they just like me are glad that your curse is taking care of the business. Better not to waste spells on animals like you."

@Mighty Roman
@Atomyk
The Doctor was clearly dismayed by Hope's vote. "Hope! Don't do this!, There's no point sacrificing yourself. Voting for Monokuma will achieve nothing! We can still get you back to the TARDIS and cure you. The clue that Sadao will get could save all of us! We could find the next Traitor! Just trust me-change your vote."

@FireDrake150

She wouldn't put it past someone like Cell to be a traitor...but from what she knew about him a hanging seemed a bit too pedestrian. "One thing's for sure though, it had to be someone stealthy enough to pull it off in front of everyone."

The Stalk did an I'm watching you motion towards the group. "Not voting yet because I really don't want to throw someone under the bus for just a hunch."

@Everyone

He gets up and Starts to walk away. The doctor would be welcome to follow, but for one thing, he seems to have caused himself more trouble then he had intended. "You are right."

Hope looks at the Doctor. "I will, when more clear of head."

For now, Hope RETRACTS his vote*

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Mighty Roman

"Can it."

@Verite
image.png

"It is not my concern if you cease to draw breath or become something entirely, but if you present yourself as hostile, assuming that was a threat, I will kill you," Kotomine spoke, listening to what Hope had to say to Naoki, his eyes suddenly turning serious in a somewhat empty, cold way, as if intending to project the dead in his eyes into his target. As the priest crossed his arms behind his back, he could only purse his lips a bit. If he wasn't a man of God who was against advocating pride, as it was a deadly sin, he would likely found himself boasting past achievements, but this was the life he was born into, it seemed.

latest

"Hey, let's all cool it. We're here to prevent needless murder, aren't we, priest?" Chris would pipe up, stepping forward, intending to remind Kotomine of why exactly they were here, giving the priest a glare, then briefly facing Naoki and Hope as well with a wary expression. His machine gun was on safety, but that could be fixated at any time.

"Eliminating those who intend to murder is an effective way to prevent murder in my humble opinion. But we are off-topic, aren't we?"

@The Tactician @FireDrake150

Last edited:
Luke was slightly confused about the proceedings that were ongoing. He didn't know what to do and wasn't about to vote on anyone. "I've already said my piece on voting and do not wish to say it again." He was disturbed that there were going to be three people executed at this voting station. He decided to sit down against the wall a few feet away from everyone else and get some food from his pack. He pulled out a stick of celery and started munching on it. "I don't really know enough about anyone's motives to wonder if they're cultists or traitors." He mused to himself. "This place is so strange and is starting to give me a headache."

@Everyone

03cj.png

"It is not my concern if you cease to draw breath or become something entirely, but if you present yourself as hostile, assuming that was a threat, I will kill you," Kotomine spoke, listening to what Hope had to say to Naoki, his eyes suddenly turning serious in a somewhat empty, cold way, as if intending to project the dead in his eyes into his target. As the priest crossed his arms behind his back, he could only purse his lips a bit. If he wasn't a man of God who was against advocating pride, as it was a deadly sin, he would likely found himself boasting past achievements, but this was the life he was born into, it seemed.

latest

"Hey, let's all cool it. We're here to prevent needless murder, aren't we, priest?" Chris would pipe up, stepping forward, intending to remind Kotomine of why exactly they were here, giving the priest a glare, then briefly facing Naoki and Hope as well with a wary expression. His machine gun was on safety, but that could be fixated at any time.

"Eliminating those who intend to murder is an effective way to prevent murder in my humble opinion. But we are off-topic, aren't we?"

@The Tactician @FireDrake150
"Kotomine, once this is done, I don't give a damn that you're a priest. I'm buying you a drink," Naoki explained as he watched Hope walk away, "It seems you, Natalia, and Ika are the only ones that understand this damn situation and the hypocrisy of some of the people within it." The fact that Kotomine was kind of creepy and a priest was beside the point for Naoki. The man wasn't above cutting off useless threads when needed, and that was a move that the king could respect.

tumblr_nksu6iBzMp1u3z5n7o2_1280.png

While she waited for Pietro for his opinion on the matter, Patchouli took out her spell book to read for the meantime. Though, she would inwardly admit, this ruckus that this trial was making was really getting on her nerves.

"... please lower your volume if possible... and let a magician read in peace..."

• Love

Nanami
"Strong, weak, it doesn't matter. It's all a story to unfold, to be read, to be remembered. Do you think I am strong? Maybe I am. But I have no use for strength. My part has already been played, my tale has already ended." She let out a strong sigh, eyes closed. "I've been Naive. The first thing I should have done when I found I was still alive... was die. Instead, I tried to live. To enjoy what there was. But it seems that couldn't even last due to the Prophet's inadequacies, I was lukewarm to believe I could enjoy things. This pain and this place are simply too much. To die without dying. It's been that way my whole life. This pain that I never get used to. It really is like dying, you know? I know that now, since I've already died by my brother Shichika's hands."

Her eyes opened. "Or perhaps you're the lukewarm one? Shifting the attention to me for a death vote, yet acting so scared when I put myself to it?" Those eyes did not judge anyone. Even if she was surrounded by traitors, she would still hold the blame to The Prophet. Those eyes of Nanami's... They were simply tired. "Well, it doesn't matter. Bear, if you don't get on with it, I'll have to kill you."
roLnfd6.png

"You're so needy. I think this will just be a distraction and I'd rather have you all bite the dust in one go, but if you insist..."

"Wait!" Cole said. "You're not doing this. You're not doing this to me! You're abandoning me...! I didn't take your powers because-- Fuck! I thought I could count on you! You're just going to die and it'll all be wasted! No Conduit's powers should be wasted. No Conduit should be wasted! What good is this sacrifice? It's meaningless, Nanami. Nothing will come of this, and you'll just die a disappointment."

Cole raised his hands. "I'm not letting that happen. I know what it means to be a sacrifice, something you obviously couldn't even begin to understand. I will give meaning to your sacrifice, Nanami." Energy ripped out of Nanami as if a hole was being torn in the space between her and Cole. In seconds, Cole began to feel the power entering him-- overwhelming him with its pure beauty. He didn't want it to be this way, but how could anyone possibly put all this to waste? The energy rippled and brightened to a magnificent hue of emerald. All in the circle were blinded by its light as it exploded outward. A great force pushed them all backwards, knocking everyone out of the podiums. Only Cole was left standing, who was staring down at his hands, his mouth stuck wide open.

bZPG7MJ.jpg

"I'm me again," he whispered, electricity sparking from his hands. "And so much more." He looked up at Nanami, his face an unnerving calm. "I'm sorry, but now you dying won't be a waste."

@Ziogen
@All

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Status
Not open for further replies.