The Mark of the Absolution(OOC/Sign Up thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy Rabbits

Excuse me? Do I have to kick your ass?
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Horror, Yaoi/Yuri(for reasons), Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Fighting,
(Allo! It's been a while since I tried doing one of these. The last time was a horror-based RP revolving around the CryptKeeper and haunted stories but didn't garner much attention which is fine as RPing like anything has it's ups and downs. Some ideas pan out, others don't. I've worked on trying to take a break from some other RPs due to some undue stress that I've been feeling lately but after writing some stories in my blog, I decided I'd take one of the ideas I jotted down there and try to do something creative with it. Whether or not it succeeds, well that's up to me and how well I can pitch it/how much interest it garners. Hopefully it's a bit. But let's get to it then.)

The Premise

The premise is that Nicktoons exist as their own separate universe where all of the characters live in one big city together, while the same goes for Cartoon Network. But these universes never came into touch with each other mainly due to the fact that both channels were trying to lure the main demographic of children over their side. They were like the pieces of bread that would never yield to create a PBJ sandwich. But much like how DC and Marvel came together, the goal here is to do the same. Due to the work of an old foe of T.O.M's, the Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon universes have been forcibly united through unknown means. Which leaves plenty of subjects for the bad guys to rule over if they win. Which is where you and the other RPers come into play. You will be outside forces brought in to help the good toons help defeat the bad guys who have forcibly melded the Nicktoons and Cartoon City together for their own devious ends.

The Background

(This'll get a bit lengthy which is generally my style but I understand some people prefer shorter/smaller and more concise posts so I'll provide a summary near the bottom and keep this in a spoiler tag in case any of y'all want to read the entirety of this. Sound fair? A'ight then.)
-Somewhere in the deepest recesses of space-

tumblr_mlh5bzbPhH1rvb8cmo1_500.gif

The Absolution had gone through many iterations over the years. But it's main directive has always remained the same. To bring the best quality action cartoons/animes to the planet Earth and beyond. It's ever faithful crew would always see to that. Although their allocated time was now scheduled near the end of the Adult Swim block, the Absolution's captain T.O.M(Toonami Operation Module for those not in the know)and his A.I/second in command SARA didn't mind it in the slightest. It allowed them to show more mature content and have more free time to play kickass games and explore whatever new surprises the galaxy had waiting for them.

With three days left before the next transmission was to go live, T.O.M. sat around on the bridge with his arms folded behind his head. Being the captain of the Absolution/host of Toonami did have it's perks from time to time. SARA kept watch over the important stuff while the host just sat back and kept the crowds of millions who tuned in pleased.

Helped out a lot that both of them were lifelong friends.

tom_5_by_kingdomheartsent-d62fxeq.jpg

"You know something, SARA? I can't think of any other place that I'd rather be than right here, kicking back on the Absolution. Waiting the week away until it's time to kick-start the next transmission. Maybe I'll even bring out the PS4 out of the game room and you and me can get a little MKX going or something."

The AI was amused at Tom's laid back nature as always and reacted accordingly.

"Heh, well so long as I get to be Cassie Cage. I dunno what it is but she reminds me of you, TOM."

"Oh? What is it? The talent for wise cracks, good shot with a gun, the good looks? You're giving me too many options here, SARA."

"The knack for getting yourselves out of deep trouble." She'd say referencing how Cassie not only managed to lose the Medallion to Kotal Khan's forces but not only retrieved it but kicked Shinnok's bony butt to boot. TOM had his fair share of scuffles over the years of running Toonami with fights with the Intruder that left TOM 1 dead, the virus that wreaked havoc on the Absolution's mainframe and nearly got the entire ship destroyed by forcing it into hyperspace when the ship was too damaged to take it, and even Space Pirates in the form of Ocelot Rex. TOM of course tried to be modest about these things as he didn't always come out of it in one piece or even at all, another TOM might have had to come in and finish the job that the previous one started.

"...Yeah, I can see it. Well, now we gotta play. You up for it?"

"Sure-bzzt-TOM?"

"...SARA, you feeling okay? Your screen just sort of glitched out there."

"I..I think so. Let me just...BZZZZZT"

"SARA!"

Rising from his seat, TOM could only watch as SARA's screen faded to black before eventually coming back on although it wasn't the same SARA that Tom had paled around with all these years but something twisted. With some sort of red symbiotic parasite on her eyes and mouth, this disturbed mimicry of SARA spoke with a mixture of SARA's voice and something that TOM couldn't quite recognize and perhaps it was better that he didn't, at least for the moment.

7J8INFx.jpg

[HEHEHEHE THIS IS QUITE THE TIGHT FIT. NEVER HAD TO HIJACK AN AI OF THIS MAGNITUDE BEFORE. SEEMS SHE HAS ACCESS TO ALL OF YOUR SHIP'S CONTROLS, TOMMY BOY. THAT DOESN'T SPELL GOOD THINGS FOR YOU NOW DOES IT? NOPE. I'M SURE IT DOESN'T. C'MON. WHY DON'T YOU GIVE ME A BIG SMILE AND WIPE AWAY THAT GROWING ANGER I CAN FEEL INSIDE OF YOUR ROBOTIC SHELL? I THINK YOU'D BE A LOT HAPPIER :)]

Shaking his fist in the general direction of Not!Sara(aptly named), TOM couldn't quite wrap his head around what was happening. The Absolution had suffered from viruses in the past but none of them had ever affected SARA directly like this thing was doing. But TOM refused to let this mockery continue! He was going to find out what this creature was and get it to release it's grip on his friend!

"I don't know who or what you are, but you picked the wrong crew to mess with. I've dealt with viruses before and you're about to join them in the deletion pile." TOM threatened as he turned to walk off only to pause as a ear-trembling laugh echoed throughout the bridge.

[DON'T KNOW ME? HONESTLY TOM I'M HURT! WE'VE SPENT SO MUCH TIME TOGETHER AND YOU JUST FORGET SOMEONE SO EASILY? WELL, I CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR YOU TOM! I'VE DISTINCTLY REMEMBERED YOU ALL THESE YEARS AND I'M REALLY GLAD TO SEE YOU AGAIN! IT'S MAKING SARA AND ME BREAK OUT INTO SMILES! LOOK! :)]

Unsure of just what this entity was or whatever the hell it wanted from him, TOM reluctantly stay put. But he didn't like this, not one bit. Folding his arms over his chest, the robot tapped a metallic foot on the ground impatiently. He was in no mood to play any games with something willing to attack SARA and turn her into this abomination.

"Tell me what you want so I can tell you to shove it right up your-"

[WHOA, WHOA TOM! I KNOW IT'S LATE FOR YOU AND THE ABSOLUTION CREW BUT LET'S KEEP OUR MOUTHS CLEAN IF WE CAN HELP IT, HM? AS FOR WHAT I WANT? WELL, IDEALLY ALL I WANT IS FOR YOU TO SMILE! THAT'D BE NICE TO SEE. BUT BARRING THAT, WELL I THINK I'VE ALREADY GOTTEN ALL THAT I WISHED FOR! TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR CAMERA FEEDS AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO WHILE YOU AND SARA WERE BUSY NATTERING AWAY. I OPERATE UNDER THE RADAR, TOM! :)]

"Camera...What did you do?!" Turning towards the cameras, TOM began flipping through the various spots on the Absolution. For the most part the ship seemed to still be in one piece so he couldn't qutie see what this thing was getting at. That was until he got to the episode room. The same room which connected the Absolution back to Cartoon Network who beamed up the episodes of all the latest shows that Toonami was running. "What. Did. You. DO?!"

S7iWKi2.png

[WHAT'S WRONG TOM? YOU DON'T LIKE THE MAKEOVER I GAVE YOUR SHIP? I THINK IT LOOKS MUCH BETTER THIS WAY. ESPECIALLY SINCE I'M THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE EPISODE ROOM NOW. THE ONLY WAY TOONAMI WILL BE GETTING ANY NEW FOOTAGE IS IF THEY GO DOWN AND PICK IT UP THEMSELVES. SURE, IT MAY JUST SEEM LIKE A MILD INCONVENIENCE GIVEN YOUR SHIP'S RESOURCES. BUT THIS ISN'T ALL THAT I HAVE PLANNED FOR YOU, TOM. HEHEHE..:)]
In the span of only a few minutes, this..This Intruder had not only taken control of SARA but had apparently been sneaking around the Absolution for some time, marking it up with this childish graffiti and even vandalizing it to the point where the ship couldn't receive new episodes of shows from the Cartoon Network HQ. All in all it didn't seem like TOM was going to have much time to play MKX after all. Before he got a chance to react to that news however, Not!Sara's image faded away as a monitor would have popped up to the side with red text blaring on it.

puWNMpm.png

"Leave SARA out of this! What do you even hope to gain from slowing down Toonami's broadcasting? We still have three more days before we go on to air, we'll be rid of you before this day's out." TOM boasted to which the Intruder's monitor began to backspace and started writing up something, no doubt it was going to infuriate TOM even more than already been done to him. But in actuality, what the Intruder typed next didn't anger TOM, it horrified him.

dmpxsHz.png

Was this thing truly that crazy?! Networks kept shows apart for a reason, didn't make good business to have one show airing on yours and your competitor's channel. It usually was as simple as that and most people were smart enough to leave well enough alone. But this thing not only took the only chance TOM had at stopping this and forced these universes together! Clenching his hands into fists, TOM walked over and smashed his left hand into the side of the wall near the Intruder's monitor.

"What universe was it..? Who did you fuse our shows with?!"

The Intruder didn't seem to feel like answering TOM's question, being far more interested in continually taunting the robot for his failure to stop the Intruder before it was too late. Now it seemed like their wouldn't be any second chances.

p7OTi66.png

TOM couldn't argue with that, really. It was true, you could blow up his ship. You could rip him limb from limb. But losing SARA the greatest friend he'd ever had the honor of working with on the Absolution, and now being unable to do a damn thing to stop this creature from fusing the Cartoon Network shows with some other channel's shows. But he couldn't give up. SARA would have hated him if he just threw in the towel. It just wasn't the TOM thing to do.

As the Intruder began typing up a new message, TOM reached for his laser pistol and held it at his side.

"You think you've got me in a corner and it's true, to say that the odds aren't stacked in your favor would be lying. I'd never do that to the Toonami Faithful who've stuck by my side for years. I will find a way to stop this and stop you, whoever you are."

zk0beUG.png

*BANG!*

staticscreen.gif

"Right."

Noticing that the Intruder seemed to have gone quiet for the moment, TOM didn't want to waste any time. If the universes had already been merged like this creature said then who knows what kind of characters were getting into fights with each other? It was a bitter pill to swallow to imagine that Cartoon City may well be in ruins by the time he got down there. But he had to take his chances regardless. Hopping into one of the Absolution's escape pods, TOM shot off towards Earth with some music to accompany him. Because if you were going to save the Universe then you needed some kickass music to go alongside.

jCKUK8W.jpg

As the pod crashed onto the street of Cartoon City, TOM would have kicked the door off it's hinges and slowly rose out. Well, seemed fine so far. No riots or buildings being destroyed so that was a plus he supposed. Also spared him the worry of getting destroyed while down here and while the Intruder was still lurking about on his ship above with SARA in their grasp. But it seems TOM may have spoken too soon for the sound of arguing could have been heard coming from around the corner.

Holding his blaster close to him, TOM slowly peeked around and could see the toons from Cartoon Network crowding around the Mayor of Townsvile who seemed to be just as confused about the new influx of toons who kept proclaiming that they were 'Nicktoons' as the rest of them. Speaking of the Nicktoons, it seemed like most of them were being held behind a barricade that seemed to be enforced by the Powerpuff Girls with the Ed boys trying to swindle some of the dumber Nicktoons like Spongebob and Patrick into getting across. If just for twenty five cents.

"...I'm gonna need some help."

So basically the Intruder is an enemy of TOM's that through means currently unknown to TOM has taken control of SARA and by extension the Absolution. They have also blocked Toonami from being able to receive any new episodes for their current line up of shows in an attempt to harass TOM/make his life a living hell. This has also extended to the Intruder somehow managing to fuse the Cartoon Network verse with the Nickeldeon verse leading TOM to head down to try and straighten things out. Spotting disagreements already arising between the two 'Toon groups, he's decided to call in some help through way of a signal that anyone can pick up/respond to if they so desired.

If you have any questions feel free to direct them towards me! :)

Rules

-You're free to pull from whatever medium you wish, anime, live-action, video game, it's all fine. The Nicktoons have their share of anime-ish shows like the Avatar series while Cartoon City has Toonami's Absolution floating up in the sky with the anime peeps they broadcast up there and even heroes like Terry Mcginnis and Lion-O.

-That said, the typical standard for RPs with casual limits such as those is that I expect anyone who picks a character from a typical series like DBZ to not try and defeat an opponent with a 'planet bursting attack' to try and end the fight in one post. It's a bit anticlimatic that way and leaves little room for fun for people who may have picked weaker characters than you. So, yea please don't godmod.

-I imagine this question might come up at some point but for the sake of consistency, Adult Swim does exist in the CN verse/Cartoon City. It's just that most Cartoon Network peeps won't be aware of AS's existence/the PCs will have to go and look for it themselves(it's basically like a very seedier district of Cartoon City where most adult cartoons hang out) The same goes for TeenNick for the Nicktoons and such.

-More rules may be added later on before the RP starts/as people start to sign up. So I'll just add on that my main goal with this is for people who join to have fun! :)

Character Sheet/CS

Name: T.O.M.(Toonami Operation Module)

Canon: Toonami(he's the host)

Equipment: His laser pistol

Abilities: None to really speak of unless you count a sharp wit/talent for telling motivational speeches.

History: Linking a wiki page is fine :)

Something neat I made for this RP btw

s513hpA.png

(Allo! It's been a while since I tried doing one of these. The last time was a horror-based RP revolving around the CryptKeeper and haunted stories but didn't garner much attention which is fine as RPing like anything has it's ups and downs. Some ideas pan out, others don't. I've worked on trying to take a break from some other RPs due to some undue stress that I've been feeling lately but after writing some stories in my blog, I decided I'd take one of the ideas I jotted down there and try to do something creative with it. Whether or not it succeeds, well that's up to me and how well I can pitch it/how much interest it garners. Hopefully it's a bit. But let's get to it then.)

The Premise

The premise is that Nicktoons exist as their own separate universe where all of the characters live in one big city together, while the same goes for Cartoon Network. But these universes never came into touch with each other mainly due to the fact that both channels were trying to lure the main demographic of children over their side. They were like the pieces of bread that would never yield to create a PBJ sandwich. But much like how DC and Marvel came together, the goal here is to do the same. Due to the work of an old foe of T.O.M's, the Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon universes have been forcibly united through unknown means. Which leaves plenty of subjects for the bad guys to rule over if they win. Which is where you and the other RPers come into play. You will be outside forces brought in to help the good toons help defeat the bad guys who have forcibly melded the Nicktoons and Cartoon City together for their own devious ends.

The Background

(This'll get a bit lengthy which is generally my style but I understand some people prefer shorter/smaller and more concise posts so I'll provide a summary near the bottom and keep this in a spoiler tag in case any of y'all want to read the entirety of this. Sound fair? A'ight then.)
-Somewhere in the deepest recesses of space-

tumblr_mlh5bzbPhH1rvb8cmo1_500.gif

The Absolution had gone through many iterations over the years. But it's main directive has always remained the same. To bring the best quality action cartoons/animes to the planet Earth and beyond. It's ever faithful crew would always see to that. Although their allocated time was now scheduled near the end of the Adult Swim block, the Absolution's captain T.O.M(Toonami Operation Module for those not in the know)and his A.I/second in command SARA didn't mind it in the slightest. It allowed them to show more mature content and have more free time to play kickass games and explore whatever new surprises the galaxy had waiting for them.

With three days left before the next transmission was to go live, T.O.M. sat around on the bridge with his arms folded behind his head. Being the captain of the Absolution/host of Toonami did have it's perks from time to time. SARA kept watch over the important stuff while the host just sat back and kept the crowds of millions who tuned in pleased.

Helped out a lot that both of them were lifelong friends.

tom_5_by_kingdomheartsent-d62fxeq.jpg

"You know something, SARA? I can't think of any other place that I'd rather be than right here, kicking back on the Absolution. Waiting the week away until it's time to kick-start the next transmission. Maybe I'll even bring out the PS4 out of the game room and you and me can get a little MKX going or something."

The AI was amused at Tom's laid back nature as always and reacted accordingly.

"Heh, well so long as I get to be Cassie Cage. I dunno what it is but she reminds me of you, TOM."

"Oh? What is it? The talent for wise cracks, good shot with a gun, the good looks? You're giving me too many options here, SARA."

"The knack for getting yourselves out of deep trouble." She'd say referencing how Cassie not only managed to lose the Medallion to Kotal Khan's forces but not only retrieved it but kicked Shinnok's bony butt to boot. TOM had his fair share of scuffles over the years of running Toonami with fights with the Intruder that left TOM 1 dead, the virus that wreaked havoc on the Absolution's mainframe and nearly got the entire ship destroyed by forcing it into hyperspace when the ship was too damaged to take it, and even Space Pirates in the form of Ocelot Rex. TOM of course tried to be modest about these things as he didn't always come out of it in one piece or even at all, another TOM might have had to come in and finish the job that the previous one started.

"...Yeah, I can see it. Well, now we gotta play. You up for it?"

"Sure-bzzt-TOM?"

"...SARA, you feeling okay? Your screen just sort of glitched out there."

"I..I think so. Let me just...BZZZZZT"

"SARA!"

Rising from his seat, TOM could only watch as SARA's screen faded to black before eventually coming back on although it wasn't the same SARA that Tom had paled around with all these years but something twisted. With some sort of red symbiotic parasite on her eyes and mouth, this disturbed mimicry of SARA spoke with a mixture of SARA's voice and something that TOM couldn't quite recognize and perhaps it was better that he didn't, at least for the moment.

7J8INFx.jpg

[HEHEHEHE THIS IS QUITE THE TIGHT FIT. NEVER HAD TO HIJACK AN AI OF THIS MAGNITUDE BEFORE. SEEMS SHE HAS ACCESS TO ALL OF YOUR SHIP'S CONTROLS, TOMMY BOY. THAT DOESN'T SPELL GOOD THINGS FOR YOU NOW DOES IT? NOPE. I'M SURE IT DOESN'T. C'MON. WHY DON'T YOU GIVE ME A BIG SMILE AND WIPE AWAY THAT GROWING ANGER I CAN FEEL INSIDE OF YOUR ROBOTIC SHELL? I THINK YOU'D BE A LOT HAPPIER :)]

Shaking his fist in the general direction of Not!Sara(aptly named), TOM couldn't quite wrap his head around what was happening. The Absolution had suffered from viruses in the past but none of them had ever affected SARA directly like this thing was doing. But TOM refused to let this mockery continue! He was going to find out what this creature was and get it to release it's grip on his friend!

"I don't know who or what you are, but you picked the wrong crew to mess with. I've dealt with viruses before and you're about to join them in the deletion pile." TOM threatened as he turned to walk off only to pause as a ear-trembling laugh echoed throughout the bridge.

[DON'T KNOW ME? HONESTLY TOM I'M HURT! WE'VE SPENT SO MUCH TIME TOGETHER AND YOU JUST FORGET SOMEONE SO EASILY? WELL, I CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR YOU TOM! I'VE DISTINCTLY REMEMBERED YOU ALL THESE YEARS AND I'M REALLY GLAD TO SEE YOU AGAIN! IT'S MAKING SARA AND ME BREAK OUT INTO SMILES! LOOK! :)]

Unsure of just what this entity was or whatever the hell it wanted from him, TOM reluctantly stay put. But he didn't like this, not one bit. Folding his arms over his chest, the robot tapped a metallic foot on the ground impatiently. He was in no mood to play any games with something willing to attack SARA and turn her into this abomination.

"Tell me what you want so I can tell you to shove it right up your-"

[WHOA, WHOA TOM! I KNOW IT'S LATE FOR YOU AND THE ABSOLUTION CREW BUT LET'S KEEP OUR MOUTHS CLEAN IF WE CAN HELP IT, HM? AS FOR WHAT I WANT? WELL, IDEALLY ALL I WANT IS FOR YOU TO SMILE! THAT'D BE NICE TO SEE. BUT BARRING THAT, WELL I THINK I'VE ALREADY GOTTEN ALL THAT I WISHED FOR! TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR CAMERA FEEDS AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO WHILE YOU AND SARA WERE BUSY NATTERING AWAY. I OPERATE UNDER THE RADAR, TOM! :)]

"Camera...What did you do?!" Turning towards the cameras, TOM began flipping through the various spots on the Absolution. For the most part the ship seemed to still be in one piece so he couldn't qutie see what this thing was getting at. That was until he got to the episode room. The same room which connected the Absolution back to Cartoon Network who beamed up the episodes of all the latest shows that Toonami was running. "What. Did. You. DO?!"

S7iWKi2.png

[WHAT'S WRONG TOM? YOU DON'T LIKE THE MAKEOVER I GAVE YOUR SHIP? I THINK IT LOOKS MUCH BETTER THIS WAY. ESPECIALLY SINCE I'M THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE EPISODE ROOM NOW. THE ONLY WAY TOONAMI WILL BE GETTING ANY NEW FOOTAGE IS IF THEY GO DOWN AND PICK IT UP THEMSELVES. SURE, IT MAY JUST SEEM LIKE A MILD INCONVENIENCE GIVEN YOUR SHIP'S RESOURCES. BUT THIS ISN'T ALL THAT I HAVE PLANNED FOR YOU, TOM. HEHEHE..:)]
In the span of only a few minutes, this..This Intruder had not only taken control of SARA but had apparently been sneaking around the Absolution for some time, marking it up with this childish graffiti and even vandalizing it to the point where the ship couldn't receive new episodes of shows from the Cartoon Network HQ. All in all it didn't seem like TOM was going to have much time to play MKX after all. Before he got a chance to react to that news however, Not!Sara's image faded away as a monitor would have popped up to the side with red text blaring on it.

puWNMpm.png

"Leave SARA out of this! What do you even hope to gain from slowing down Toonami's broadcasting? We still have three more days before we go on to air, we'll be rid of you before this day's out." TOM boasted to which the Intruder's monitor began to backspace and started writing up something, no doubt it was going to infuriate TOM even more than already been done to him. But in actuality, what the Intruder typed next didn't anger TOM, it horrified him.

dmpxsHz.png

Was this thing truly that crazy?! Networks kept shows apart for a reason, didn't make good business to have one show airing on yours and your competitor's channel. It usually was as simple as that and most people were smart enough to leave well enough alone. But this thing not only took the only chance TOM had at stopping this and forced these universes together! Clenching his hands into fists, TOM walked over and smashed his left hand into the side of the wall near the Intruder's monitor.

"What universe was it..? Who did you fuse our shows with?!"

The Intruder didn't seem to feel like answering TOM's question, being far more interested in continually taunting the robot for his failure to stop the Intruder before it was too late. Now it seemed like their wouldn't be any second chances.

p7OTi66.png

TOM couldn't argue with that, really. It was true, you could blow up his ship. You could rip him limb from limb. But losing SARA the greatest friend he'd ever had the honor of working with on the Absolution, and now being unable to do a damn thing to stop this creature from fusing the Cartoon Network shows with some other channel's shows. But he couldn't give up. SARA would have hated him if he just threw in the towel. It just wasn't the TOM thing to do.

As the Intruder began typing up a new message, TOM reached for his laser pistol and held it at his side.

"You think you've got me in a corner and it's true, to say that the odds aren't stacked in your favor would be lying. I'd never do that to the Toonami Faithful who've stuck by my side for years. I will find a way to stop this and stop you, whoever you are."

zk0beUG.png

*BANG!*

staticscreen.gif

"Right."

Noticing that the Intruder seemed to have gone quiet for the moment, TOM didn't want to waste any time. If the universes had already been merged like this creature said then who knows what kind of characters were getting into fights with each other? It was a bitter pill to swallow to imagine that Cartoon City may well be in ruins by the time he got down there. But he had to take his chances regardless. Hopping into one of the Absolution's escape pods, TOM shot off towards Earth with some music to accompany him. Because if you were going to save the Universe then you needed some kickass music to go alongside.

jCKUK8W.jpg

As the pod crashed onto the street of Cartoon City, TOM would have kicked the door off it's hinges and slowly rose out. Well, seemed fine so far. No riots or buildings being destroyed so that was a plus he supposed. Also spared him the worry of getting destroyed while down here and while the Intruder was still lurking about on his ship above with SARA in their grasp. But it seems TOM may have spoken too soon for the sound of arguing could have been heard coming from around the corner.

Holding his blaster close to him, TOM slowly peeked around and could see the toons from Cartoon Network crowding around the Mayor of Townsvile who seemed to be just as confused about the new influx of toons who kept proclaiming that they were 'Nicktoons' as the rest of them. Speaking of the Nicktoons, it seemed like most of them were being held behind a barricade that seemed to be enforced by the Powerpuff Girls with the Ed boys trying to swindle some of the dumber Nicktoons like Spongebob and Patrick into getting across. If just for twenty five cents.

"...I'm gonna need some help."

So basically the Intruder is an enemy of TOM's that through means currently unknown to TOM has taken control of SARA and by extension the Absolution. They have also blocked Toonami from being able to receive any new episodes for their current line up of shows in an attempt to harass TOM/make his life a living hell. This has also extended to the Intruder somehow managing to fuse the Cartoon Network verse with the Nickeldeon verse leading TOM to head down to try and straighten things out. Spotting disagreements already arising between the two 'Toon groups, he's decided to call in some help through way of a signal that anyone can pick up/respond to if they so desired.

If you have any questions feel free to direct them towards me! :)

Rules

-You're free to pull from whatever medium you wish, anime, live-action, video game, it's all fine. The Nicktoons have their share of anime-ish shows like the Avatar series while Cartoon City has Toonami's Absolution floating up in the sky with the anime peeps they broadcast up there and even heroes like Terry Mcginnis and Lion-O.

-That said, the typical standard for RPs with casual limits such as those is that I expect anyone who picks a character from a typical series like DBZ to not try and defeat an opponent with a 'planet bursting attack' to try and end the fight in one post. It's a bit anticlimatic that way and leaves little room for fun for people who may have picked weaker characters than you. So, yea please don't godmod.

-I imagine this question might come up at some point but for the sake of consistency, Adult Swim does exist in the CN verse/Cartoon City. It's just that most Cartoon Network peeps won't be aware of AS's existence/the PCs will have to go and look for it themselves(it's basically like a very seedier district of Cartoon City where most adult cartoons hang out) The same goes for TeenNick for the Nicktoons and such.

-More rules may be added later on before the RP starts/as people start to sign up. So I'll just add on that my main goal with this is for people who join to have fun! :)

Character Sheet/CS

Name: T.O.M.(Toonami Operation Module)

Canon: Toonami(he's the host)

Equipment: His laser pistol

Abilities: None to really speak of unless you count a sharp wit/talent for telling motivational speeches.

History: Linking a wiki page is fine :)

Name: Samurai Jack (real name is unknown)

Canon: Samurai Jack

Equipment: His sword

• Master Combatant: Jack has shown impressive mastery in many styles of martial arts some of which include the Shaolin Praying Mantis, Tiger, and Eagle styles, Ninjutsu techniques, Greek wrestling and African stick fighting. He is well versed in a number of weapons that range from spears and staffs to nunchukus and shurikens, as shown in his fights at the Dome of Doom[1]​. In his youth, Jack also learned how to use unfamiliar weapons by observing others, and adapting their style into his own skills to use them more effectively as necessary.
  • Master Archer: Jack has shown to have excellent skills in archery since he was trained by Robin Hood. His marksmanship skill was put to the test in Episode 3 when Jack used his archery skills to set off traps against the beetle drones and later used his last arrows on the beetle drones which they hit dead on.
  • Master Swordsman: Aside from Jack's ability to proficiently wield a vast number of weaponry, he showed the greatest amount of skill with his sword. This was most likely due to the fact that the only weapon capable of destroying Aku was Jack's blade, allowing him to defeat a large number of enemies easily as shown in his battles with the beetle drones as well as the countless bounty hunters that Aku sends to capture Jack. Jack is shown to rely primarily on swiftness and precision in his strikes in a balanced blend of attack and defense, able to land dozens of blows in seconds, as well as being able to parry machine gun fire from multiple directions. Coupled with the sword's extreme cutting power, Jack can also slice through structures, enemies and machines much larger than he is while also able to parry most strikes with ease. He is shown to be an equal match to the Scotsman's brute strength.
  • Superhuman Strength: Jack is shown to have immense physical strength despite his lean frame, able to cleanly cut through most machines with no effort and can easily throw opponents much larger than himself (although this may be due to skill more so than raw strength).
  • Superhuman Speed: Jack is shown to be extremely swift on his feet and has performed incredible feats of speed and agility, able to avoid gunfire, carve through entire armies within seconds and in one instance, defeat a team composed entirely of highly infamous and skilled bounty hunters from all directions in the time it takes for a drop of water to hit the ground.
  • Incredible Jumping Capability: Since coming to the future, Jack has learned the ability to leap many times his own height to the point of looking as if he could fly while also being able to fall from great distances with no injury from a jungle man and his adopted tribe of white-furred gorilla's. This is due to the training method of having incredibly heavy boulders tied to his arms, legs and back and being forced to perform strenuous activities such as climbing up a tree via a vine, tight-rope running across a clearing until his body has adjusted to the weight. This has vastly increased his strength granting him new levels of speed and agility.
  • High Durability: Jack has shown many times throughout the series that he has a very high durability and has survived blows from powerful opponents and still been able to stand and fight, he also has a very high tolerance for great physical pain.
  • Survival Skills: Living amongst Aku's Orwellian regime greatly limits the places Jack can visit for a meal even when he has money; thus he frequents living in the wild and foraging and hunting his own food. As such he trained long ago the means to secure his own food in the wild, capable of setting traps or outright killing the animal himself. Thus he has a subset of skills such as Stalking and Concealment to aid in his obtaining food. He also knows how to cook. He is aware of basic medicine.
  • Willpower: Jack seems to possess an indomitable force of will. He climbed one of the highest mountains in the world without the aid of provisions or cold weather clothing. Fight against countless drones despite pain. His ambition to defeat Aku remains above all despite his near hopeless situation.
  • Ninjutsu: Jack is also a skilled ninja, having been trained to blend in with the light. His ninja clothes are the same as his robe. He only needs to take off his robe and turn it inside out and lighten it up to make it into a make-shift ninja outfit.
  • Kindness and Wisdom: Not sure if these are skills, but Jack's possession of both of these in unending amounts is quite impressive. He's shown on many occasions forgoing chances to return to the past in order to help others in need, trying never to turn down a cry for help, while he also offers a myriad of sagely advice for those in need.

Glad to have you aboard, Pike!

Will be interesting to see Jack played :)

latest

"YOU SICK LITTLE MONKEY!"

Name: Ren Höek

Canon: Ren and Stimpy (Nick)

Abilities: Not really anything....saying he is a chihuahua. Unless you count being psychotic lmao.

History: Ren

(If you would like me to change anything, I'm definitely flexible. I'm kind of tired, so I may have done this a little weird lol)

...Oh boy, he'll fit in just swimmingly with the Adult Swim crowd lol

...Oh boy, he'll fit in just swimmingly with the Adult Swim crowd lol
>looks at Ren
>looks at Jack
>looks at Ren
>looks at Jack

Well... Lets see how patient Jack can truly be.

Lol

ugh I could not see Jack being able to stay in the Adult Swim district for very long with how random/wacky/mind fuckery some of the shows they have there are.

Jack runs into Brak

Just watch, everyone will be some crazy character from the Adult Swim line-up, and Jack's going to be the sane man out.

I just know I'm gonna get a bunch of hate for this:

latest

Name: Yuuki Asuna (just goes by Asuna, though.)

Canon:
Sword Art Online

Equipment:
Her rapier 'Lambent Light', her Knights of Blood uniform, various things she's collected in-game.

Abilities: Asuna is very good with a sword. She also is an incredible cook. She is very agile and quick. Asuna is quick to defend those in need of help, and will not leave.

History:
((I'm pulling her from the end of the SAO Arc. Just before SAO is destroyed, so she can have the stuff from SAO.))

Asuna

And I uh, I think I finished this. I think I got everything.

I just know I'm gonna get a bunch of hate for this:

latest

Name: Yuuki Asuna (just goes by Asuna, though.)

Canon:
Sword Art Online

Equipment:
Her rapier 'Lambent Light', her Knights of Blood uniform, various things she's collected in-game.

Abilities: Asuna is very good with a sword. She also is an incredible cook. She is very agile and quick. Asuna is quick to defend those in need of help, and will not leave.

History:
((I'm pulling her from the end of the SAO Arc. Just before SAO is destroyed, so she can have the stuff from SAO.))

Asuna

And I uh, I think I finished this. I think I got everything.
I mean, she is the one good character in the series, so not much to hate here.

Reactions: Minerva
I mean, she is the one good character in the series, so not much to hate here.

I just meant generally, just because she is from SAO.

But yeah, she is definitely the best character.

i haven't seen much of SAO beyond toonami's promos

but i was always in bed by that point because toonami already starts near midnight

i'll just watch one piece and dbz kai and go to bed tyvm

latest

Name: Yurick

Canon: The Last Story

Equipment: The Momento Blade his father left behind

Abilities: He can cast fire magic/fireballs at will, but it takes about a few seconds to a minute to charge

History: Yurick

Warning! Wiki contains spoiler for The Last Story!....Plus there's a spoiler alert at the top of the page...

Last edited:

but i was always in bed by that point because toonami already starts near midnight

It's ok. The Aincrad arc of SAO is good. Alfheim Online is terrible (but I don't think it's the worst thing ever.) and SAO II is pretty ok.

Asuna is still the best character.

To be perfect honestly? The hype is definitely overrated.

Part one was boring and Kirito is a flat note along with most of the supporting cast, with Asuna being the sole good character and she gets overshadowed by Kirito in too many cases and the ending is literally pulled out of the ass. Part two (when they started the second MMO) had the same problems except Asuna was turned into a damsal in distress who couldn't do shit and the series got really... rapey towards her, like it almost felt like we were going to see full-blown penetration by tentacles, I'm not even joking. I'm not trying to be funny or anything, things were just awkward, disturbing, and disgusting all at once. Part three (Gun Gale Online), with what little I watched of it, restrained itself from the levels of shit that part two reached, but goddammit, the only series that has committed the sin of episode-long entrance exposition with no action worse was .Hack and Asuna is on the sidelines most of the time. Finally, the fourth part goes back to the first game but I didn't catch anything else about it.

I can forgive the first part not being great since the writer wrote the original light novel in a small frame of time for a competition and got it published for real, but part two was just... goddammit, it just got offensive.

Anyways, personally, I would say just avoid the show, but if you want to see it, go bearing the warning that Part Two is going to be... Awkward.

i

uh

well then okay i'm just gonna have TOM not address any of what you said there

It's ok. The Aincrad arc of SAO is good. Alfheim Online is terrible (but I don't think it's the worst thing ever.) and SAO II is pretty ok.

Asuna is still the best character.
I can at least forgive part one for being not great since the writer wrote in like... a month? It was originally for a competition of some kind.

Alfheim Online was definitely the worst part of the shabang though.

i

uh

well then okay i'm just gonna have TOM not address any of what you said there

Thank god I'm pulling Asuna from just before the end of the first arc.

I can at least forgive part one for being not great since the writer wrote in like... a month? It was originally for a competition of some kind.

Alfheim Online was definitely the worst part of the shabang though.

Project Alicization is the best arc of all the light novels. It really improves.

But some of it is a bit bullshit.

But ALO was, oh God, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.