The Love Of A Beast

Rose followed him, and looked around as he showed her all the different places. But she knew she wouldn't be able to remember any of the numbers he gave her for each unit and so didn't pay too much attention to that. Every now and then though she couldn't help but to smile a little when they were get a greeting from the fathers as they walked by. It seems not all werewolves are nothing but cold-hearted killers, at least so far she wasn't seeing any of them like that.

When they were then at the largest about of space, she looked around, taking in the size of it. It obviously belonged to him, seeing as how he was the alpha after all. The question he asked her, told he really meant it when he said she was to be living here now. "Fur.." she then said to him. She found fur to be much softer than grass, and if that is what she was to be sleeping on from now on she'd rather be on something soft and warm.

Nodding, he thought it over for a moment before opening up a wooden box and pulling out a wolf pet. It was rolled up neatly and obviously was made well. He smiled and handed it over to Rose.

"You may place it where you like within my territory."

Rose took the fur when it was handed to her. She noticed it was a wolf pelt and when she felt it in her hands she couldn't help but to smile. It felt so soft in her hands.

"Thank you.." she said, the smile never fading from her lips just yet. She had to admit she was in an oddly good mood all of a sudden. It was probably because she was alive and given a home..even if it was in a cave and she would sleep on fur, but still, it's better than walking around the forest, forever searching for a safe place to stay.

She then unrolled the wolf pelt, making her way more towards the wall of the cave where she then placed the fur down on the floor.

He watched her place the fur and nodded.

"Would you like to sleep now? I know we pushed you rather hard to get back so soon..." he suggested. It was rather early in the morning, and even he was thinking it might be a good idea to get an hour or two of sleep. He looked down at his pack. Most of the wolves that had gone on this excursion were already passed out asleep.

"If it will make you feel safe, I will sit up and watch over your slumber."

Rose sat down after placing out the fur. She looked Nakolai when he spoke to her and knew she'd feel bad if she was the reason he doesn't get any sleep. She looked around for just a second before looking back over at him. "You don't have to do that." she said. "You should get some sleep as well." she added. She would really feel better if he did.

Despite the frown on his face, he nodded and walked to his own pelt. He would sleep softly. He trusted his packmates with his life. But not with her life. Before he fell asleep, he watched her. He was determined to stay awake until she was asleep at the very least.

Rose was glad that he had agreed to sleep. It made her feel better and relax more. As long as he was in the area, she was fine. As he went to his own pelt she laid down on hers. It was very comfortable and warm beneath her, and she knew she was going to fall asleep and stay asleep. It also didn't take her very long to fall fast asleep either..

Once he was positive she was asleep, he closed his eyes. He would not sleep deeply, his ears open for any sounds that got too close. No one was permitted in his territory without first talking to him about it. But with this odd change of events, he wouldn't put it past anyone to try something. This wasn't a normal occurance. And she was a human that survived one of their hunts.

Rose slept peacefully, though was still a bit cold through the night. It made her curl up on the fur, her arms wrapped around herself until she remembered she still had her blanket with her, but not on her. She woke in the middle of the night and grabbed the blanket she had set beside the fur bed. It wasn't much, but it would have to do. After laying back down and putting it around herself tightly she fell right back to sleep, this time sleeping throughout the rest of the night without waking.

He peeked open an eye when he heard her move, but once she was settled in again he closed it. He didn't sleep much longer after that. There were things to do after all. They would have a mass hunt later this week to feed the pups and the pack that didn't go on this hunt which resulted in Rose coming back with them. He stood and stretched, yawning, before walking through the pack and gathering his Beta so that they could discuss the details of the next hunt. Usually it would be in his territory, this meeting, but he did not want to disturb Rose. But he couldn't just leave her without keeping an eye on her. After a moment of decision, he decided they would still have the meeting in his territory but would talk softer.

Rose stayed asleep while Nakolai woke. She had the feeling she should probably get up really soon too, but couldn't bring herself actually do so. So, she stayed asleep, not going to wake unless she absolutely had to. This time though she wasn't fully asleep. She was lightly sleeping this time and was able to hear what was going on around her. She hoped she wasn't going to be a bother sleeping still, but she hasn't had a good nights sleep in over a week.

It took an hour to figure out the details of the hunt. Once they were done, the Beta left and Nakolai sat back against the cave wall with a sigh. Something told him this hunt wasn't going to be very successful. He wouldn't be going on the hunt, and the Beta wasn't as successful with hunts. He didn't strategize as well. But he was competent enough when he could convince the third in the pack to join the hunts.

He sighed and let his head slump. If they didn't get a couple large animals there wouldn't be enough to feed everyone.

Rose didn't know how much time had past when she felt herself waking on her own. She couldn't sleep anymore now that she was fully rested and no longer tired. Slowly she woke, her eyes opening when everyone had left the area. With a yawn she sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes before she stretched. She couldn't believe how relieved she was after sleeping.

He glanced over at Rose.

"You're awake? How did you sleep? I hope that pelt was comfortable enough... If not, I shall find you a better one," he said. He was surprised by his conviction at keeping this human woman comfortable, but shrugged it off.

Rose smiled and nodded. "I slept very well." she said when he asked. "A lot better than I have out in the woods." she added. She sat up the rest of the way and took the blanket off of her, setting it down on the ground beside her. "And the pelt was very comfortable." she then said.

He smiled and stood.

"I am glad. Are you hungry? I can find something for you to eat," he offered.

Rose noticed how nice he was being towards her, and it made her wonder if there was some other reason for him wanting her to stay here.

Hearing him speak of food made her realize she hasn't eaten in quite a few days. She nodded at his question when he asked. "A little." she said.

He nodded and turned, looking around before nodding.

"I'll go hunt for something that you can eat. Be patient," he told her before running off. Then he thought better of it and ushered over one of his better hunters, telling her to go find anything for their guest to eat. He ignored the frown on her face and sent her off. She wouldn't disobey him. Then he returned to Rose's side.

"I have someone getting you something to eat. Do you want anything more?" he asked with a broad smile.

Rose watched him go and then saw him come back. Obviously he wasn't going to go on the hunt. She didn't mind that, for it'd be nice to have the company. Being left on her own here, wasn't something she felt comfortable about doing.

When he came right back, returning to his side, she shook her head at his question. "No thanks. I'm good for now." she said to him.

Nakolai nodded and sat cross legged in front of her, frowning in thought. He wanted to ask her about her life, about what she liked to do. There was a freedom in a pack like his that most human societies frowned upon. Perhaps she would be interested in some of the things the women here did? It would certainly be a step closer to engaging her with the pack, bring them all closer. She would be with them for a long time, after all.

"Tell me... more about yourself," he finally said.