The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He didn't find it too strange. It was a witch cottage. He moved over to grab the chair and moved it over to the television. He sat down and then looked around for the remote.

The remote was in front of the tv. Ebony jumped up onto the desk.

He chose not to speak to the cat. He grabbed the remote and examined it for a long moment before finally figuring out the power button. He pressed it. Multiple times.

Ebony lied down and chuckled a little as he watched.

"...What are you laughing at?" He demanded, side-eyeing the cat something fierce.

Ebony chuckled again for a second before quieting himself. "Nothing, nothing."

He glared at Ebony for a moment longer before looking back at the tv, pressing the button once this time, but very dramatically.

Ebony yawned and began grooming his paws.

As the television came to life, he watched it, almost…fascinated. And then the channel that was on last came on.

It was a news channel, but not human news. A witch in stereotypical clothing one would expect from a witch was reporting another attack by hunters on a nearby coven.

He seemed drawn to watch the channel. This surprised him. He hadn't thought himself the type to watch the news, but apparently, he was. He watched the witch report almost intensely.

The witch showed images of a destroyed house, very similar looking to Raine's, as another devasted-looking witch looked at it from the corner of the screen.

He was almost tempted to go outside and make sure that it hadn't been Raine's house that had been destroyed. He saw the other witch and shook his head. "That's what happens when you use too much magic."

Ebony tilted his head slightly. "Interesting comment to make."

"...What did you expect me to say?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the tv.

Ebony shrugged a little. "What makes you think too much magic was the reason for the hunters to attack?"

He sighed. "Let me put it like this. If people start seeing the exact house in places that it wasn't in before, that's definitely going to cause suspicions of a powerful witch at the very least."

Ebony hummed a little. "Interesting, and smart. You think Raine is a powerful witch, then?"

He shrugged. "I dunno. She could be. And unless she was just attacked by hunters, then I'm not too concerned about it right now."

Ebony chuckled. "We would know if she was attacked, this house's magic would be destroyed."