The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He noted the fact that she quieted herself. "Yeah, makes one of us." He shrugged. "Maybe next time you should put chicken lips in insead of newt eyes."

Raine raised an eyebrow. "You don't want to regain your memories?" She ignored the second comment.

"I never said that. I just think that there has to be a reason I forgot. As far as I know, I don't have any head trauma, so…" He shrugged.

Raine hummed a little. "It's possible it was a spell or potion, that would explain why mine didn't work."

"Can spells not cancel each other out? I thought that was how it was supposed to work."

Raine shrugged a little. "They can. The problem is it has to be of at least equal power, it's very possible whoever spelled you is much stronger than me."

He groaned, letting his head fall to the table. "Why is this so complicated?" He complained. "This is really stupid."

Raine snorted. "I am in a coven with rather powerful witches. One of them can probably tell and remove the spell, if that's what's wrong."

"Yeah, maybe, but that would mean that I would have to meet these witches. Like in person. And then I would have to, like, let them put spells on me. Or try spells on me. Which is even scarier." He shuddered.

Raine snorted. "You're probably the first person with memory loss that I've met that hasn't wanted their memories back."

"I'm betting most the people you've met with memory loss are old people or people in a crash or something. So, of course, I'd be the first person you've met that didn't specifically want memories back."

Raine shrugged. "I've met a couple of hunters who have been spelled." She paused, "Which is why I'll be moving this place once you have yours back."

"You move? How do you move an entire house and a garden?" He figured he already knew the answer to that, but it never hurt to ask.

Raine chuckled. "Magic. It's one of the most difficult ones, for me at least."

He nodded slowly. "That's nice." He fell silent and finally began to eat.

Raine chuckled again and finished off her plate before standing and putting it in the sink.

He wasn't in nearly the hurry to eat as he had been the night before. He kind of slowed down to enjoy his food.

Raine sat back down at the table and pulled out a smart phone, beginning to browse through it.

It didn't seem to bother him. He continued to eat in silence until he was done with his food. Being the polite man he was, he stood without moving to grab his plate. "You planning on doing anything today?"

Raine shrugged a little. "I could try to make more potions to help your memory."