Status
Not open for further replies.
pOXCFaM.png

Cuttersbury: Drych Lake Spa - Outside Moira's and Syed's Room

Both Lute and Nani complimented Amy and the others (whether intentionally or not) as they drew nearer to Moira's and Syed's room. Even the berserker herself nearly started flirting with her best friend. Initially Amy was too distraught enough to pay any mind to them, but the oncoming compliments, the wolf whistles and laughter, the jokes... Amy shuddered. She looked up to feminized Syed when he called her name, before turning around to see more guilders behind her. Everyone was taking this matter far too lightly. Even her fists, her newfound manly fists (with, pray tell, had amplified slapping power due to their sheer bulk now) trembled along with the rest of her body.

Her body suddenly froze before she could let her anger get a hold of her. Syed spoke to her in a calmer voice, offering his clothing. Amy looked back at him; her wide-eyed expression only softened upon seeing Syed's worry as well.

As Moira yelled at the others to leave, Amy nabbed Syed's bag without a word and darted straight for their bathroom. Once more she locked herself in there.

e1UQ7yU.png

Trixie had departed the gents' room after everyone else, though instead of rushing to reunite with everyone she lingered behind to smooth out her tank and shorts. Today just proved she was far luckier than the others in this switcheroo in terms of clothes and their, erm, generosity.

And then whats-his-face came into view and Trixie suddenly screamed. Before Tau could even properly turn to see his new assailant, Trixie dashed to and pounced on him. "Mister Sidekick! Did you do this? Huh? Did you??" She wrapped her fingers around chunks of his hair, threatening to yank it right off. "That's a total no-no in the superhero's code of conduck, you know!"

Reactions: Pachamac
snjsTOs.png

Cuttersbury: Drych Lake Spa: Guest Room Corridor

Estelle's mouth dropped to the floor as she and Aria approached the others, discovering that like them, all of had suddenly switched genders to a horrible extent. She could quickly identify who some of her friends were, Syed and Moira in particular were rather obvious, and she was in fact quite struck by and distracted with Moira. She suddenly felt a lot better about her own situation now. At least she didn't have a full face of hair like Moira did…

Trixie was similarly easy to point out, being the smallest one there and not that massively different from before, considering her youth. Her adorable cuteness seemed to have given way for a cheeky boyish grin now, so whilst the differences were subtle, they were still there. Everyone else was a bit harder to pinpoint, however. The male with the pink parrot had to have been Nani and Captain, simply because, who else could it have been? And on the new female side, it was only through their hair colour and subtle, familiar speech mannerisms that she was able to deduce which was Tobi, Quentin and Jett. Which left the two fair haired women. Her eyes automatically moved towards the one wearing Marcus' robes, and at first she didn't want to believe it. Not when she caught sight of Marcus' full figure, because honestly… what was up with his body? What was up with those… those…

peVDhNq.png

"Estelle, are you alright?" Marcus walked towards her, offering his usual reassuring smile. Estelle wanted to cry.

AKgJzEL.png

"Lulu, what are you… what are you wearing?" Aria asked Lute, her cheeks puffing out as she tried to force herself to restrain a laughter. "Although I have to admit, you're pretty dang cute~"

"AHHH, what the hell's going on?!" Estelle bellowed loudly. One of her hands clutched the grip of her sword tighter still. "Where's Amy? And what the hell happened to us? I clearly remember everything that was going on before we went to sleep, and it didn't involve… well… this!"

"Wow!" A voice suddenly called out in amazement. Spinning around, Estelle and the Pride found a man perched in a crouch on one of the windows which looked out to the courtyard, a long wooden staff held casually over his shoulders. "I didn't know you guys were cross-dressers too! You're all so good at it! Anyway I was supposed to tell you..." He sniffed at the air. "Mmmmm. Is that the shampoo?"

"YOU!" Estelle suddenly shouted, swinging her sword and pointing it towards Tau, at the same time as Trixie tackled him and forced him off the window and onto the wooden flooring of the corridor. "What in Ddaear is going on?! You tell us what the hell happened to us right now!"

cIsjPSM.png

Drych Lake Spa - Corridor

Compared to some of the others, Lute seemed to be neutral about the body transformation. Well, he wasn't prancing about like Quentin was, but… Yeah. He could bear staying in this form. Unless… He wasn't going to have the period now that he was a girl, right? The virtuoso suddenly paled as he remembered his sister's experiences… and her ways of coping. There was this instance where Ruana threw a giant ass boulder at one of their neighbors because he was 'annoying and ugly'. Oh snap. Thanks to that reminder, Lute's calm appearance broke and he shared the same forced smile with Syed.

The virtuoso and the others were pushed back into the corridor so that Amy could change in the privacy of the room. While they were there, two other men exited a nearby room and Moira called them over. The one with the bright red hair was clearly Estelle, and Lute had the same amount of ease with identifying Aria seeing that she… Well, it was exactly like watching Atlas strut up to Robin. Confidence couldn't be discarded that easily.

"You're making fun of me," Lute replied to the illusionist, his eyes narrowing at her laughing visage. Delilah was silent seeing that she was too busy appreciating what skin she could see. "Hmmph," in an uncharacteristic show of petulancy the virtuoso crossed his arms over his chest, his long ringlets bouncing with the action, and grumbled, "just because you look better than me doesn't mean you get to laugh at my- oooh, you mean my top? Ruana taught me how to do this!" He suddenly spread his arms out to show the scarf's embroidery and then twirled around. "Isn't it handy? Isn't she the smartest everrrr? I didn't even know you could do this!"

Screaming divested Aria of Lute's attention and he turned away to see what was happening. Estelle and Trixie were questioning that kid he saw on the hot springs yesterday. Well, he understood them; waking up to find your treasures gone was kinda upsetting. On the other hand, not that he wanted to make too fine of a point on it or accede that this occurrence was acceptable, everybody's new faces were interesting. "Hey, Tau, right? What were you supposed to tell us? And unfortunately, we aren't crossdressing," Lute walked up to the boy and smiled, trying to at least ease the tension and urge Trixie via eye contact to not remove chunks of the boy's scalp.

5PEbOlu.png

UApBaP5.png

Cuttersbury: Drych Lake Spa- Surrounded by hot people

It seemed that the whole crew was back together and pretty much all were confused. Well, there went Nani's answers. After awhile, she didn't honestly mind the new look- not saying she'd rather stay that way. But hey, it was less to deal with when it came to 'feminine ordeals'. The only thing she saw that was a downer so far was the fact that she couldn't use her feminine charm to get her free drinks. Well...It was worth a try- of course if it came to all that. Nani's mind was off on a tangent until she realized that a few of them decided to beat up a kid.

Well a clearer view of it made her realize they were interrogating him. Though by how the adorable boy Trixie was holding his hair, Nani could've assumed otherwise. "Ya know yer probably hurtin' him with that new boy strength of yours Pixie." She laughed a little and leaned against the wall. There was no use panicking about it since no one was hurt and no one had been stolen.

"Ha, never would've thought a guy would've had bigger boobs than I did. But hey, oh well?" In the panic, Nani grabbed her pirate coat and tied it at her waist along with grabbing her sword. Never knew when something bad could've happened. "Oh geez Cap. Imagine havin' ta fight in these forms. We'd probably look ridiculous." She shook her head realizing Cap was too busy staring at his pink wing.. and then shaking the pink mohawk.

....Well, at least the compliments were nice.

"Ya know, I'm glad I don't hafta pee and all. It'd be kinda awkward standing. And I wonder if they serve food here...It is mornin' after all." It was a good thing people knew Cap could talk, otherwise Nani would've looked rather crazy talking to herself. Then again, whoever was closest to her could've answered her as well since she was speaking aloud.

9BaGfq2.png

Moira's answer did not surprise Quentin; that almost seemed too sensible at a time like this, and what a time it was! The Guilders were assembling noisily in a corridor, dealing with their unfortunate Rule Sixty-Threeing. Some were trying to figure out clothes, some were trying to figure out how all the new parts worked, and some were just trying to figure out who everyone else was. Naturally, there was a lot of shouting and frantic energy. Quentin winced at the commotion. Though the Pride had a great group of people, they sounded more panicked about this than about getting mutilated by varrens, and that was mind-bending in its own way. Hardly anyone was taking it in stride. As Lute had said, nobody was harmed. Sure, there were some people who went straight to hitting on one another, but that was not going to damage much more than personal pride at this point.

To make matters worse, Trixie pounced on some young guy perched around the window and was yanking on his hair. Now the red-head screamer had his sword out. And after the young guy had complimented Quentin's fragrant hair, too! Quentin rushed to champion Tau because he, so far, was the only person who had said anything nice about her hair.

Interposing herself between Estelle and Tau, Quentin put up two defensive hands. "Wait a moment and chill! I don't think this is a good idea, you know? We're makin' a lot of noise and I don't think we want to have our faces on the front page of tomorrow's newspaper. 'Group of Genderbent Guilders Assault Dude at Daybreak.' We don't even know what he knows and - come on, Pixie, stop pulling on his hair like that - I mean, the sword's really escalating this. You feelin' what I'm sayin'?"

Feeling a lot of eyes on her all of a sudden, Quentin added, "I'm just sayin' that we should not beat up a dude because he was the first person we saw."

dGAXuQU.png

"Ow ow owowowowowow not the hair not the hair! Anything but the hair!" Tears of pain formed in Tau's eyes as he squirmed under Trixie's grip. His simple wooden staff clattered to the floor. "Do you have any idea how long it takes to style in the- AAAAAAAAH!" He cried out even louder when he suddenly found a sword pointed right at him. "I'm sorry I'm sorry! I don't know I don't know okay?! What happened to 'don't shoot the messenger'?!"

Thankfully, the blonde chick seemed nice enough. She smiled kindly, a gesture Tau would have been quite willing to recipricate - with a blush at that - were it not for the fact that he felt like his head might get chopped off. Another of the girls even went as far as to get in the way of the two guys. Or guys in the way of girls... oh damn it all now his head hurt even more.

At least it got that sword away from him. He brought his hands up, managing to just about pull Trixie's fingers from his beloved hair thanks to the words of her friends. "Look, all I got told was to fetch you all, okay? Take you guys over there, and everything'll get explained. I didn't know what the explaining meant, but I guess... I guess waking up with boobs does need a bit of explaining..."

He bent down to retrieve his staff. With it back in his hands, he held it a little more defensively than before.

Jf6NmEF.png

"...Take us where?" Syed asked with a frown, fidgiting with his focus ring. He now wore it on his thumb, since his transformation had shrunk his hands. Not entirely suprising, although it still felt entirely alien to him. Like... everything did.

"It's outside. Just past where us staff live." He could feel the eyes of suspicion on him, and to be honest who could blame them. "Hey, I'm not trying anything, promise! Scout's honour."

SO8hvU9.png

Moira glared at him with enough ferocity to set the poor boy on fire if she were capable of such a thing. "Do you fuckin' know anythin' at all?! Bloody hell... whoever's there better know what the fuck is happening, else..." she clenched her fists. And her teeth.

"Uh... I guess. You kind of need to know about something to explain it."

Moira gave out an annoyed snort. With that, she turned back to her room. "...I'm getting my sword."

TkPfukn.png

Drych Lake Spa – Corridor

Jett existed the room in time to see Trixie tackle Tau. "Hey kiddo… stop!"

His shrill protests were drowned out in the commotion. There was simply too much for anyone to focus on. First there was Trixie tugging at Tau's hair then there was Estelle in all her glorious rage. What was he to do? The poor guy is so dead.

The rookie searched around hoping to catch the eye of some sane soul – like Marcus perhaps. He waved his arms around furiously, but the mage appeared distracted. Great! The daredevil was about to leap forward to grab hold of Estelle when QT stepped forward. Lute was handled Trixie – or at least tried to.

"Go Gnar Man! Lute… you guys are freaking awesome!" He exclaimed under his breath.

As soon as Moira left to fetch her sword, Jett darted over to Tau's side. He noticed the poor intern was literally clutching his staff. He gave the lad a friendly smile. "Chill man! I believe you."

He cleared his throat as though he wanted to clear it. The new higher pitch sounded odd - almost like he had a cold or something. "Calling us cross dressers proved it."

"And I should know. I always blurt things out when I don't know shit." He gave a tinkling laugh. "Really need to change that habit."

He continued standing by Tau's side while waiting for the rest. Jett hoped that he, Lute and Gnar man reassured the guy somewhat. Honestly that was the only thing he could do given the situation. He was just a junior Guilder with no real standing. Calling the shots was clearly Ms. Estelle or Tobi's job.

snjsTOs.png

Cuttersbury: Drych Lake Spa: Guest Room Corridor

Estelle's brow twitched from the comments the rookie Guilders made towards her and Trixie's interrogation of Tau. It was easy enough for them to say or do, they hadn't experienced the types of things she and the rest of the Pride had faced when disastrous things occurred the morning after waking up, or the terrible connotations that arose from trusting strangers. So Estelle was more doubtful and cautious then the others were, so what? It was that kind of attitude that helped save their lives. They were all free to be as trusting and carefree as they liked, but it could very well bite them in the butt later. And even then, despite all that… did these people not realise what had happened to them? The fact they had all been transformed into the opposite sex?! If they wanted to stay in their newfound bodies that was their choice! Estelle didn't! She was a girl and proud of it, thank you!

"You take us where we're going then," Estelle pointed, this time with her finger and not her fireblade. "And there better be some answers here."

peVDhNq.png

"I'm going to get my staff…" Marcus spoke softly, turning and walking back to the gent's room. Estelle and Moira had the right idea – being prepared for whatever was to come would be important. If the day started off with them forced to wake up with their bodies the opposite sex, who knew how much worse it could get… "I'll get everyone else's weapons and equipment too."

JrT7tjk.png

"I'll go help!" Tobi fistpumped the air, as typically happy and unconcerned about what was going on as always. He practically skipped as he followed Marcus back to their room, shuffling through their equipment and taking everything they and the Pride might need.

"You." Estelle bent down, grabbing Tau by the scruff of his collar and suddenly lifting him up to his feet, her eyes boring into his. The boy shivered nervously once again. "Well what are you waiting for? Go on, then!"

With a short yeep, Tau turned, his feet plodding along the ground as he began to dash forward, leading the way to where he was supposed to take the Pride. He suddenly stopped after dashing around the corner, realising that he was going just a bit too quick. He patiently waited for the others to follow, all reassembled and with the belongings and equipment they'd need, and Estelle's eyes glaring at him, silently screaming at him not to run off too fast. Eep.

e1UQ7yU.png

Cuttersbury: Drych Lake Spa - Guest Room Corridor

Rolling her eyes and sighing, Trixie removed herself from the messenger-perpetrator, due to her friends' protests. There was that saying about people returning to the scene of the crime, and him just showing up like that made him prime suspect numero uno. Plus she easily shared Estelle's sentiments with how they felt about strangers when things like this happened. But with the way four of them stuck by Tau's side, Trixie began to feel a little silly for that assumption. To look less red and more casual about it, she turned away from everyone and began dusting down her clothes. "Sorry, sorry..."

One by one members of the Pride departed to fetch their weapons. Trixie stood there with lips pursed for a second; after waking up to trouble like this, she had already gotten her belt and uzis on her. Heck, she even wore her cute girly beret with her as well. So she followed after Estelle once Tau took off.

pOXCFaM.png

Amy had reemerged from the bathroom in the midst of the chaos. Alongside Moira's door being broken, the walls were thin enough for her to catch the conversation as she was changing. She walked out of the room in silence and made straight for her and Trixie's room. While she always carried around her gem with her (which made holding up her towel previously that much more difficult), she needed her staff for convenience. She only hoped no one made any snarky comments about her new blue robes. At least they were loose enough to accommodate for her broader structure.

The cleric had absolutely no idea what to make of this. Had the Pride walked into a funhouse, or some crazy experimental laboratory of some sort? Those two possibilities wouldn't be shocking in the least bit, considering how much crazies they've already ran into by now. It didn't seem like anyone in the team has met them before either, judging by the hospitality on all sides. Excluding Syed and that little girl at the salon, anyway.

Amy sighed - even the deeper undertones of her voice was that much more apparent. The others seemed to be getting used to the change, if not shrugging it off entirely, but she still had heavy discomfort with herself. Nonetheless, she withdrew her staff from the room, connected her gem to its holster at the top, and followed after the others and Tau.

• Love
5PEbOlu.png

UApBaP5.png

Cuttersbury: Drych Lake Spa- Walking to someplace to get answers

"So do we chalk this up as a bad guy to gut like a fish? Or do we consider this a happy accident that will be fixed? I'm fine with either, how about you Cap?" To display his answer, he showed off one of his taloned feet, prepared to claw at whoever feminized him.

She laughed at the redhead's anger. "How's he s'pose ta go anywhere if you're liftin' him off his feet?" She walked alongside the others, watching as they tried to ease his fear- unlike Estelle who was adding more fuel to the fire. She chuckled at the pun and noticed them pass the courtyard.

There were two ways they could've went. Unfortunately, they went the way that distanced them from the kitchen and restaurant area...and went past the reception area. "So kid, who's callin' us to be seen? Obviously that's the one who needs to be gutted- or of course the one who needs ta apologize and fix all this." The pirate had to consider the more civilized approaches as well nowadays.

Nani had wandered near Quentin, at least that's what she realized when she wasn't paying attention to Cap being upset about the change. To think a bird had pride about its gender. "Aw, quit your whinin' Cap, we'll get it fixed soon... Heh, unless of course we don't and we're all stuck like this forever. What a predicament we'd be in!" She laughed as Cap dramatically fell into Nani's hands as if he fainted.

"The water lad, Q.T. doesn't mind his little feminine change! Neither does Tobi! I'm sure you're fine." Cap squawked at her but stayed lying in her arms. "Weird bird..."

dGAXuQU.png

Jf6NmEF.png

SO8hvU9.png

Drych Lake - Path to ???

"Okay... okay..." Tau grumbled to himself, leading them on a little warily. Yeah, they were mad. He wished he was told they would be so mad. He kept a tight grip on his staff throughout, and an eye on the younger red-head. Yeah. Mad.

The group walked down a path towards the staff area, a much simpler looking place compared to the main building. They could see some sort of structure behind it, although it wasn't until they passed the building that they could see it properly. Syed faltered in shock, only to have to catch up with the others again. A earthen structure, roughly hewn from the land itself. It resembled a giant set of stairs or a seating area, with a large patch of flat land between it and the lake it overlooked. And right at the top... stood a figure, shillouetted by the rising morning sun. More figures surrounded it as well.

The figure's hair and skirt blew in some unseen breeze as she looked sternly down upon them all. She too held some kind of staff in her hands - a staff she banged onto her earthen platform with a resounding tap once the Guilders had arrived. While Tau's was a much more simple design, this woman's staff held the more delicate design of a weapon of mind rather than muscle.

"Tau," she called. Before the Guilders could react Tau was already sprinting off across the field, coming to a stop beside a larger figure. He didn't need telling twice, the more distance he made between him and the Pride the better. "Good boy. You've done well."

With that, the woman at the top of the structure stood proud as she looked down upon them all with her head raised high. "So," she shouted down to them. "You call yourselves 'The Pride', am I correct? How obnoxious." She clacked the base of her staff against her structure once more.

The ground beneath them began to shudder and shake, before suddenly Varren erupted from all sides. Dozens and dozens, several bearing the marks of the fight last night. Not all. This was more than they had encountered before. None of them made any move to attack, merely surrounding them with various poses. Right at the base of the structure the Big Bro Varren appeared, sitting down on one of the tiers and blocking the Pride's path toward her.

"I'm sure you have your questions. Why your bodies have changed, how they changed. Why the Varren are here. The answer stands before you... me."

glCflH3.png

"So it's fucking YOU?!" Moira bellowed, her voice seeming to rumble the ground itself. She was already unsheathing her greatsword, stomping forwards. And she wasn't alone, many of the others too readying themselves. The Varren seemed to buckle down in retaliation, not to attack themselves but to prevent the Guilders from attacking should they try. "YOU DID THIS TO US?! WHAT'S WITH THE RATS?!"

"Not so fast, scum," Penelope spat, although her face somehow managed to retain that pleasant smile. "Do you really think you can solve everything with brute force like that? When I outnumber you so? No. No, I have a much better idea. Everything in due time."

"Yes, I did this to you. I am a sorceress. And I..." she threw her arms out before her, "I am the only person who can undo the gift I have placed upon you all. The cure to your predicament will die with me if you attempt such a thing. So, here is my proposition:

"I challenge you all to a game! Should you win, I will undo the work done to you all." She raised her head a little higher. "It's a much better deal than any of you deserve."

"...And should we lose?" Syed asked. His eyes darted to the others with concern. He had no idea what this woman wanted, what she was planning. And he definately didn't like being like this. He liked his body the way it was. He had spent 28 years in it by now, he knew every crease and scar and mark on it, he knew how it worked and what it couldn't do. The change felt jarring, invading and devistating, and the only thing worse than that was how he was already beginning to get used to it. It made him feel sick, constantly fidgiting and shifting.

Penelope snorted. "Hah."

aSJoUJG.png

Last edited by a moderator:
pOXCFaM.png

Drych Lake Spa: Staff Area?

"But, why?" Amy barely had it in her to mutter. "Why?" Of course the owner, or owners, were the ones who set up the Pride. This Penelope bitch, she knew they had questions, yet she stood there all high, mighty, and cryptic without answering them. And all the varrens too? Were they under her control? That would explain their appearance now. Was the call for help a fake, then? What - did she lure them here?

The cleric's fists clenched much more tightly. If she still had her womanly body, her nails would've dug right into her palms - especially after that lovely manicure. She despised being toyed with, but she forced herself to remain (relatively) calm. With the beasts surrounding them, she wouldn't dare set them off with snappy remarks - though her attitude was still present. "Why would you do this to us?" She motioned to the rest of her team with her free hand to emphasize her point. "'the fuck did we ever do to you?"

Either the Pride were the unlucky ones who fell into this psycho bitch's trap, or they were specifically targeted. Amy expected not to be even dignified with a response, but this was the first thing that came into mind once Penelope concluded her 'explanation.'

e1UQ7yU.png

"Um... I like games... games are fun... what kinda game are we playing?" Trixie said from behind Estelle. She forced a smile, trying to at least balance out the overt anger from Moira and Amy with some compliance.

snjsTOs.png

Cuttersbury: Drych Lake Spa Exterior: ???

The redhaired swordwoman's eyes darted from side to side, surveying their surroundings and the oddly ominous set of steps crafted into the air from the earth itself, and the unbelievable number of Varren surrounding around them, not to mention the silhouetted figures standing on the tiers below the Spa's owner, Penelope. Estelle couldn't get a good view of who, or what, those other people were, and the more Penelope spoke, the angrier Estelle became.

"Yeah, why?!" Estelle shouted with unbelievable force after Amy's questions. Her hand reached for and grabbed the hilt of her fireblade, the metal of her blade gleaming from the overhead sun as she began to draw it…

…only to stop a second later as a gentle hand caressed hers, and slowly pushed the blade back into its sheath.

peVDhNq.png

"Now now, Estelle," Marcus chuckled with his trademark smile. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves without knowing all there is to know."

"Tch, she did this to us, Marcus! I don't care what it takes, I'm going to make her change us back!" Estelle glowered, but Marcus simply shook his head from side to side, his long tresses swaying in motion alongside.

"Yes, we will make her do exactly that. However, she has the upper hand here, podium notwithstanding, and if she has the magical fortitude to cause such a transformation in us like this, we would be wise to be cautious of what else she could do. Not to mention, all of the Varren as well." Marcus' hands waved out to emphasise them. "We'll get ourselves back to normal, Estelle, but we'll only be able to do that by doing things with a thought in mind, and not just blind reaction. By being smart."

"Grrrr!!" Estelle's teeth clenched tightly shut, and then, as if to cut through the uneasy tension surrounding the Pride and in particular Estelle and Marcus, another figure walked past them with almost a skip in his(her) step, swinging his arm around and around with a smile etched on his face.

JrT7tjk.png

"Alright, games! I love games! I'm ready for anything! Whatcha got, lady?!" Tobi grinned, stepping in front of the Pride and onto the flat bit of plains in-between them and their mysterious adversaries. "This is gonna be fun, eh Nani?"

5PEbOlu.png

UApBaP5.png

Cuttersbury: Drych Lake Spa- Outside

The walk was pretty uneventful, and Nani continued to wonder aloud about the many male type things she'd have to do if they were stuck the way they were. Cap had given up on his mate and rested on her shoulder.

Soon enough, they were outside, and no sooner did they spot the one who crafted the spells. "Heh, alright. Gutting the princess like a fish. Sounds fun." She pulled her sword out and readied for the cue to charge, only for a mob of Varrens to show up yet again. "These rats again? Is this how a spa works most of the time? If so, I'll stick to skipping out on them." The woman speaking sure was a nuisance to think she was all high and mighty. "I'm thinking brute force is the way to go..." Nani mumbled, but decided to wait. If they did kill this sorceress chick then all of Nani's teasings would've become true. "Some irony, huh Cap?" After all, she did mention a 'what if they had to fight in their new bodies'. Cap only nodded, staring at all the Varrens surrounding them.

When Syed asked about losing, Nani scoffed. "Oi! We aren't going to lose to princess up there. We beat these dirty rats once, let's just get this over with.I've heard once, from a great pirate- 'It takes a lot of people to make a winning team. Everybody's contribution is important. I'm sure Guilders and pirates alike can live off that." Nani looked over at Tobi and grinned. "Well I've never gambled something like my gender before. Should be fun!" Just as Tobi yelled out, Nani echoed the popular question. "So what's the rules to this game? I'd like ta know which rules I plan on breaking in order ta win."

It was pretty backwards telling someone that they planned on cheating, but it was Nani, so it could just be added to her list of her many oddities. She couldn't count how many times she probably confused Tobi as they traveled together, especially when she got away with things like it too. Of course in her reforming that was less of, but it was still amusing to think about. "Let's not waste any time, huh?"

Last edited by a moderator:
9BaGfq2.png

Drych Lake Spa - Outside

Quentin was grateful that the situation had been partially defused; she was pretty certain, even for a rookie Guilder, that pouncing on the first guy they saw was not a good way to stay in other people's good graces. What if it had been, like, some patron of the spa? One word to management and that would have been a joy to explain.

Honestly, it seemed like everyone was a bit too worked up about this. There must have been something to all of this. Quentin had read books about this sort of thing - falling into a cursed spring and waking up as a dudette or a panda or something like that. Hoping to keep a positive attitude about all of this, she followed Tau along with the others. She heard Nani say something to his bird like, "The water lad, Q.T. doesn't mind his little feminine change! Neither does Tobi! I'm sure you're fine."

The bird squawked in his hands. Quentin held back a giggle. Even the bird was being a drama queen about this. It was amusing, even comical to think that the parrot was that grief-stricken. Did birds even have gender identities? Gosh, there were so many questions about animals coming to mind on this trip!

That was when they emerged into the open air and discovered a clearly hostile person standing over them. She was kind of making a speech, you know, as villains do, and Quentin yawned. There were a lot of people who loved and lived to hear themselves talk, and this woman was one of them.

"I'm sure you have your questions. Why your bodies have changed, how they changed. Why the Varren are here. The answer stands before you... me."

It was Old Lady Stevenson all along! Quentin rolled her eyes. It was surprising, but only mildly. What was far less surprising was all the lecturing that came along with this revelation. She said something about playing a game, which elicited different reactions from other members of the Pride.

Actually, Quentin did not even know the group was called the Pride, but who cared? She waved a hand in the air frantically, like she wanted permission to be excused to the loo. Her antics were such that even Penelope glanced in Quentin's direction.

"I have the answers. Why did our bodies change? 'Cos you're a witch. How did they change? 'Cos you're a witch. Why are the Varren here? 'Cos you're a witch. Can we just get on with this? You're so boring!"

aSJoUJG.png

Drych Lake Spa - Arena

Boring. For a moment Pen's face froze in an odd, unreadable expression. Her knuckles whitened on her staff, trembling. Then with a deep breath, she seemed to return to normal. "Actions have their consequences, you little brat," she spat. It was looking more and more like she was right.

"I'm glad you've decided to cooperate. The game is really quite simple. You must all face three of my challenges. If a member of your little 'Pride' chooses not to partake in the challenge, it is forfeit. If a member decides to attack the referee, the challenge is forfeit."

Jf6NmEF.png

"And I'm guessing the referee is you...?" Syed called back, a hand at his throat with discomfort. Unlike Quentin, he thought better of trying to annoy a person with the ability to manipulate a whole group's biological makeup. No matter how much her actions offended him. Much like Marcus what had said to Estelle - who knew what else someone with an ability like that could do?

"Of course. Every challenge needs a referee. Now, onto the first challenge. Notice the markings on the ground beneath your feet? It is a pitch, and where you will compete. The goal are quite simple. Get the 'ball' into the circular area you see at each end of the pitch."

SO8hvU9.png

"Wait a bloody minute... compete?! Wait, against who?!"

"Against us," a second voice spoke out with a yawn, much closer to them than any of them realised. Syed recoiled when he realised a strange man was stood among them. Geez was this guy a freaking ninja or something?! He wore a simple shirt and swimming trunks, although today he also carried a large pouch at his waist. "I know I for one am quite looking forward to this." He blew a kiss towards Pen, whose expression softened by the slightest fraction. "I'm quite sure we all are."

AspPjae.png

Rhoden spread his arms out, gesturing the other shadowed members forward. "So now the question remains; who will be your ball?"

Moira blinked, scratching at her fabulously full beard somehow both absent-mindedly and aggressively at the same time. "Yer what? Who the fuck are you?"

"That hardly matters, does it my dear?" Rhoden produced something from behind his back - what looked like a red stripy ball with straps, to enable it to be fastened tightly to someone's head. It was the most stupid thing she had ever seen since Lucien left. "Each side needs a ball, they wear this hat. I suggest you nominate someone for your team. You must defend your ball, while attempting to get our ball into our goal. With that in mind, I suggest you choose wisely. As I feel we have done with ours."

Tau elbowed the person next to him, staff once more placed horizontally over his shoulders. "They're pretty angry but we got this, I promise!" he whispered.

"So the ball will be the person getting targetted by the opposing team, and we've got to defend them? So they'll naturally need to be good at taking abuse, yeah?" Syed immediately thumbed towards Moira. "Sounds like Moira's kind of thing."

"LIKE FUCK AM I WEARING THAT SHIT!" Moira boomed. "You wear it!"

"If I wore that you can pretty much guarentee we'll lose. Pure mage, remember?!" Syed spat back... well, attempted to. He sounded fustratingly pleasant instead with his lighter, gentler voice. Oh gods.

Rhoden continued to hold the hat out. Whether someone was to force the hat on another, or to don it themselves, he didn't care. He really didn't. As soon as they were chosen and everyone took their places, the whistle would blow and they would start.

JzhEhLD.png

cIsjPSM.png

Drych Lake Spa - Outside

Tau led them out to an open area with a strange structure, which was fine in Lute's book if the surprises stopped there. The spa owner, Penelope Stevenson, was standing on top of the earth podium with a staff in her hand and she had no trouble summoning a larger batch of varren. Of course none of the Pride was happy with that move; Moira and Estelle in particular were pissed and even drew their weapons. Before they went along with Tau, Lute retrieved his equipment and buckled up so if it came down to a fight he would be prepared, but he had to admit that with these odds their chances of winning are slim.

Then she challenged them to a game. Yeah, no. Many issues with that deal, not to mention that Penelope spoke like a righteous ass.

'I have a better plan, amiga. How about you turn them back before I make your head explode!?' Delilah snarled and a dissatisfied hum came from Lute's mouth. He was barely able to calm the familiar down and stop her from doing something they would all regret in the long run. Like the sound spirit, Lute couldn't care less whether he was a female or a male; the real issue here was indeed why the sorceress picked on them and how this game of hers was supposed to play out. He was more concerned about that than the new specifics of his body… After all, her 'game' could include mutilation or worse! Hard to worry about a body when you haven't got one already, you know?

Most of the others were already agreeing to the idea of a game, not like they had any other choice in the first place. Lute sighed and looked at Aria. She didn't even bother to wear a shirt but in their situation now they can't very well run around half-naked, right?

"All right, what's the game?" Lute stepped up beside Trixie and looked up at the woman. He bit his tongue. His question was actually supposed to go "okay, let's stop with your fancy ass snorting and get on with this shit" except that he was worried that a wrong pick of words would turn her ire at them.

And Lute kind of regretted asking.

"Uh, sorry. I have to skip on that one," Lute waved away the ball thing when it so much as tilted towards his direction. This game sounded painful, dangerous and overall stupid. Someone was going to break a bone. Syed volunteered Moira and the virtuoso's brows knitted together. So they had to protect this person blah blah until they reached the goal? Hmm. No-holds-barred? "Can we use magic and all that?" He asked, glancing towards Marcus. An agility buff would be great for this situation; they needed someone who could take a considerable amount of damage (in case they failed to protect him/her) and at the same time moved quick enough. He would volunteer since he got the 'physically ok' part, but the speed bit? Ha. This wasn't a "Who Trips The Most" competition.

Last edited:
AKgJzEL.png

Drych Lake Spa - Arena

"I challenge you all to a game! Should you win, I will undo the work done to you all. It's a much better deal than any of you deserve."

Aria blinked at the woman through narrowed eyes. Hadn't she been playing the gracious host just yesterday? Certainly he hadn't expected this. There was something rather suspicious about the whole event, gender change aside. Drych Lake Spa certainly couldn't have become so popular if this happened all the time, so what was going on here?

Not to mention she never did say what would happen if they lost.

Still, she wasn't too worried. Her demeanor was more like that of Tobi's and Marcus' as she crossed her arms with a small smile. Three challenges, huh? Didn't sound too hard, but things were never as easy as they seemed when it came to the Pride.

"Each side needs a ball, they wear this hat. I suggest you nominate someone for your team. You must defend your ball, while attempting to get our ball into our goal. With that in mind, I suggest you choose wisely. As I feel we have done with ours."

Aria stared at the ball in thought, fiddling with the fluffy scarf wrapped around her waist as a makeshift belt that also partially hid her weapons belt that the others had gone to get earlier. She was still topless- perhaps she should've asked to borrow one of Marcus' or one of the guys for a shirt to wear, but it was a bit late for that now. Moira wasn't willing to head the ball, and neither was Lulu. Syed was too squishy and she was assuming Cutie was too, and they needed Marcus and Amy for buffs and healing. She scratched her head.

"I wouldn't mind being the ball," she said, voice low as to prevent the enemy from listening in. "I might not be able to take as much of a beating, but I could probably take more hits in this body than usual. I'm pretty quick on my feet and if they get too close I could use my illusions to distract them- My powers are range-restricted, after all." She frowned, stroking her chin. "But then again Jett is fast and could run... But he could also use that to catch up if they get too close to our goal. And Tobi could certainly take more hits than I can, I think. Jeez, this is difficult."

pOXCFaM.png

e1UQ7yU.png

Drych Lake Spa: Arena

Amy cringed once the game was announced. Looks like this was their only choice. Depending on how roughly both sides played, someone could end up with a fracture in all of this. Preferably one that Amy could handle, but she still hoped not to go that far. She said nothing about the ball initially, since the others were aware she was just as squishy as Syed and therefore useless at this type of thing.

Soon enough, Aria volunteered to take the ball, and with good reason as well. But even as she said her piece, Trixie had made her way into the center of the group, obviously dying of excitement with how much she jittered on her toes.

Arms crossed as usual, Amy rolled her eyes. "You're not wearing the hat, Trixie."

"Awww, come on!" the prankster posed. Naturally she was the loud one of the group, but she followed Aria's lead and tried to be as quiet as possible. "I'm supafly. They won't be able to catch me!"

"But you're also supashort. Any of them have long-ranged magic, it'll be off your head for good." Amy's sight dropped to the ground in thought. Aria had a point; her illusions might be enough to distract them if they came too close to her or anyone who held the ball (unless they were aware of their powersets too - but that was stepping into paranoia mode), and the faster ones might be better with the offense. In Trixie's case, her guns may prove invaluable in targeting the enemy's ball, since any splash damage on their heads wouldn't be all that serious either.

Amy said nothing more about the situation, letting the others say their piece. Trixie pouted with puffed cheeks. "Come onnnn..."

In the midst of all this, another figure stepped up beside Rhoden, swaying her hips with the utmost exaggeration. "My, my!" she cooed to him. "The game hasn't even started yet, and I'm already enjoying myself. Look how much they're bickering over it!"

7vCv9WT.png

TkPfukn.png

Drych Lake Spa: Arena

Question after question began forming in Jett's mind. Soon he felt his temples throb. This whole thing was so weird. Why did the spa owner target the Pride? He truly can't figure it out. Urgh, maybe Estelle was right to be so outraged. These people were mad!

Jett rubbed his temples gingerly only to stop when his hair got in the way. He bunched up the brown locks in one hand and fiddled with the ribbon he tried using earlier. Okay, one loop down. One more and yes! His very first ponytail!

In that time the role of the ball had been passed on from Moira to the cool man with the tats. Even Lute wasn't keen to take the position. He tilted his head from side to side. Running fast and dodging would do the trick. A hit here and there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

"I..."

He reached out tentatively then drew his hand back as someone – a black haired man – volunteered, but even the man hesitated as well. Jett puffed his cheeks. He was really dying to volunteer. Apparently wonder kid felt the same. The novice glanced briefly at Estelle. Seeing no immediate objections, he walked up to Rhoden. He thanked the woman as he accepted the cap.

"I volunteer!" Jett exclaimed cheerfully as he popped the strange headwear onto his head. He looked at his current companions. He secretly hoped no one would override him. That'll suck a lot. "Faster we win, the faster we go back to normal. Easy!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.