The Lavaeudeen Academy of Magic

How would you guys feel about having the Tri-Wizard Tournament hosted at Lavaeudeen this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I was thinking about this last night, each lesson should only be a certain number of posts long per person. For example:
---
DADA opening post about werewolves, write an essay. ((Posting limit=2 posts))

Person A post about struggling with the essay, looks around for help. (First post)

Person B post about how they know everything and casually slides their completed essay to person A. (First post)

Possible GM intervention here, catches the two cheaters and gives them detention. I would assume that the GM can post as much as they like, so long as they keep the posting limit in mind for everyone else and don't ask them to do something they can't do in the amount of remaining posts they have.

Person A copies from person B, reacts to getting caught, gets detention slip and packs up for the end of the lesson, leaving. (Second post)

Person B leans back in their chair and watches the clock, realises the teacher is coming for them, pretends to work, gets caught and handed a detention slip. Person B tries to apologise to person A but the lesson ends and they pack up and leave too. (Second post)
---
Note how, instead of dragging the lesson on indefinitely, it allows the RP to move on a bit faster?

It's always been an issue for any school RP. The RP tends to die in the first lesson because they run out of ideas and the GMs hesitate on moving along. Naturally, the posting limit can be increased/decreased according to lesson content, and it could apply to quidditch matches if need be.

Of course, lunch, dorms and any other breaks would be indefinite, so long as the GMs are prepared to be firm and move on quickly instead of waiting for signs of inactivity. And we have a lovely GM, and you're all very understanding and engaging people who want to see this work, so I doubt that will be too much of an issue.

Just my two cents, really. I understand that it's a bit stifling to cram everything into a few posts but if there is any underlying plot to the RP then the lessons would be minorly important. It allows character development outside of the classroom, instead of hauling a lesson for five pages and inhibiting overall plot progression. 'This what collabs are for, of course; to compress ideas into one or two posts to avoid taking up space.

Still, thoughts? Opinions?
I'm good with two posts per class. We will be able to continue the story more smoothly this way.

Reactions: Esmeray
Sounds good to me.

@RainyDays I can so see that. "Okay, so maybe I should've been more careful. Maybe I should've worn some pads. Maybe I shouldn't have been climbing a building that tall in the first place. But hey, what's life without a little risk?"

@Justaddnutts

I have offically finished Effie's entire character sheet. May you please add her to the Wolfthorn Registry :P

Reactions: Kitsune
Ah, I was never accusing you of being the cause for it, nor am I all that annoyed about it. Actually, I look forward to seeing the characters develop this new skill over time.

Also, if you have a minute, I did a post about posting limits for the lessons that I would love you to have a read through. Edit: here!

I do rather like the idea of a posting limit for classes. So that will be done. Maybe two or three a class.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'll keep in mind to check just in case. Anyway, is there anything left to do before we get started?

I'm literally typing it now. I forgot to mention Prefects. Anyone want to be one?

Ember can be one....Does she have to be a specific year?

Also @Gladis, would you be interested in Hiromi being friends with Ember?

Fifth, Six, and Seventh years can be Prefects.

@LittleWolfie: Would you be interested in Xypher being Hadley's friend or best friend?

They were like older students that work as an extra level of rule enforcement and have like a role of authority. Each house has two a male and a female. And then from all of them one girl and one boy are named head boy/girl who is the head of the prefects

*raises hand*

Aria would be perfect as a perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.