The Lavaeudeen Academy of Magic

How would you guys feel about having the Tri-Wizard Tournament hosted at Lavaeudeen this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually, as far as I know, schools stagger it by having different classes each weekday.

Yeah, i was tempted to do that but wasn't sure if that would make it too confusing

Also, I was thinking about this last night, each lesson should only be a certain number of posts long per person. For example:
---
DADA opening post about werewolves, write an essay. ((Posting limit=2 posts))

Person A post about struggling with the essay, looks around for help. (First post)

Person B post about how they know everything and casually slides their completed essay to person A. (First post)

Possible GM intervention here, catches the two cheaters and gives them detention. I would assume that the GM can post as much as they like, so long as they keep the posting limit in mind for everyone else and don't ask them to do something they can't do in the amount of remaining posts they have.

Person A copies from person B, reacts to getting caught, gets detention slip and packs up for the end of the lesson, leaving. (Second post)

Person B leans back in their chair and watches the clock, realises the teacher is coming for them, pretends to work, gets caught and handed a detention slip. Person B tries to apologise to person A but the lesson ends and they pack up and leave too. (Second post)
---
Note how, instead of dragging the lesson on indefinitely, it allows the RP to move on a bit faster?

It's always been an issue for any school RP. The RP tends to die in the first lesson because they run out of ideas and the GMs hesitate on moving along. Naturally, the posting limit can be increased/decreased according to lesson content, and it could apply to quidditch matches if need be.

Of course, lunch, dorms and any other breaks would be indefinite, so long as the GMs are prepared to be firm and move on quickly instead of waiting for signs of inactivity. And we have a lovely GM, and you're all very understanding and engaging people who want to see this work, so I doubt that will be too much of an issue.

Just my two cents, really. I understand that it's a bit stifling to cram everything into a few posts but if there is any underlying plot to the RP then the lessons would be minorly important. It allows character development outside of the classroom, instead of hauling a lesson for five pages and inhibiting overall plot progression. 'This what collabs are for, of course; to compress ideas into one or two posts to avoid taking up space.

Still, thoughts? Opinions?

Not yet finished, but here's the one for those at Wolfthorn.

Teresa's Views on Other Students

Wolfthorn

@Soñar Gardián
Ember Alixia
"I consider Ember a good friend; she's one of the sweetest people I know. Though she makes me worry sometimes about her stunts on the broom during Quidditch. We like to read together on our free time, and I sometimes play the violin for her while she sings. We also have Healing together as an Elective, so I do talk to her a fair bit."

@Samantha
Noah Shade
"He is in my year; and we're in the same house. He's rather withdrawn, but we've talked sometimes. I don't think he's a bad person, we're both just rather quiet so there isn't much to talk about. I'm not going to go too deep into it; but the way he acts sometimes reminds me of how I acted when my own cousins bullied me. That's all."
note: If you would like, we could add each other's characters as friends to set up how they know each other at the start. They're both in the same year with Ember, maybe they could hang out or read together?

@CrimsonHorizons
Thomas Wulfherz
"Now that I think about it, most of us here at Wolfthorn are rather quiet, but loyal. Thomas is a good leader and captain for our Quidditch team, and his mind is something to be impressed at. He may seem intimidating due to his appearance and height, but he's quite kind. He's someone you could rely on."
note: Now that I think about it, the Wolfthorns who are in the same year could be something of friends. Noah and Teresa may be rather withdrawn, but since it's only in their house it could be easier for them to talk to Ember and Thomas.

@Gladis
Ayako Takashiro
"How do I put it? Ayako's brought quite a bit of color into my life since I met her, and I've never been gladder (or more stressed) to help her with her subjects. She has interesting ideas about the male students here, you know. You should see her art; they're quite something."​

• Love
Reactions: Gladis
Not yet finished, but here's the one for those at Wolfthorn.

Teresa's Views on Other Students

Wolfthorn

@Soñar Gardián
Ember Alixia
"I consider Ember a good friend; she's one of the sweetest people I know. Though she makes me worry sometimes about her stunts on the broom during Quidditch. We like to read together on our free time, and I sometimes play the violin for her while she sings. We also have Healing together as an Elective, so I do talk to her a fair bit."

@Samantha
Noah Shade
"He is in my year; and we're in the same house. He's rather withdrawn, but we've talked sometimes. I don't think he's a bad person, we're both just rather quiet so there isn't much to talk about. I'm not going to go too deep into it; but the way he acts sometimes reminds me of how I acted when my own cousins bullied me. That's all."
note: If you would like, we could add each other's characters as friends to set up how they know each other at the start. They're both in the same year with Ember, maybe they could hang out or read together?

@CrimsonHorizons
Thomas Wulfherz
"Now that I think about it, most of us here at Wolfthorn are rather quiet, but loyal. Thomas is a good leader and captain for our Quidditch team, and his mind is something to be impressed at. He may seem intimidating due to his appearance and height, but he's quite kind. He's someone you could rely on."
note: Now that I think about it, the Wolfthorns who are in the same year could be something of friends. Noah and Teresa may be rather withdrawn, but since it's only in their house it could be easier for them to talk to Ember and Thomas.

@Gladis
Ayako Takashiro
"How do I put it? Ayako's brought quite a bit of color into my life since I met her, and I've never been gladder (or more stressed) to help her with her subjects. She has interesting ideas about the male students here, you know. You should see her art; they're quite something."
Effie is also a Wolfthorn xD

oc_by_princess__ailish-d64g6ph.jpg

Name: Amélie Laloupe

Also Known As: Ammie, Amy

Titles: N/A

Birthday: January 9th

Nationality: French (moved to America)

Species: Human

Blood Status: Muggleborn

Blood Type: B+

Astrological Sign: Capricorn

Sexual Orientation: Aesexual

Past/Bio:
"Je suis la fille avec la peau de neige, un coeur de verre et aucune chance."

("I am the girl with the skin of snow, a heart of glass, and no luck."​) ~ Amélie, aged 11
---
A Parisian styled life holds host to a pantheon of different people and places, compressed to fit the cobbled streets of France's capital city. In a stroke of pure coincidence, and perhaps fate, a well-to-do surgeon who regularly visited "Le Petit Chien" café caught the gaze of the young waitress serving him, and instantly fell in love. After two years and nine months, the couple discovered that the waitress had a strong genetic history of HCM and, as an added misfortune, the couple realised they were both carriers of a faulty gene affecting melanin production.

The result of their passions and undying love was called Amélie Laloupe, a young albino with a faulty heart. This never stopped the two young lovers from being optimistic; quite the contrary, they were happy that they had a daughter who, aside from the conditions, was completely healthy, content, and normal.

Due to her father's work, Amélie was soon looked after in the kitchen of "Le Petit Chien" and doted on by a host of grumpy chefs and bustling, busy waiting staff. It was the cause of many arguments during her toddler years, ever since a couple of off-duty baristas smoked next to her cot and triggered the first of her faints and many trips to hospital. She was swiftly moved to her father's office, due to the convenience of the medical staff and the lack of dangerous content within the small office-space. She was rarely allowed outdoors for too long unattended, and to compensate for the lack of activity Amélie was given a range of toys and books to occupy her time.

About Her
Personality:

Stemming from a background of suffocating protection, Amélie is an overly cautious girl who can only truly relax in the calm and quiet. She is well aware of her deficiencies, which lower her self esteem and keep her in her own little bubble of academic self-improvement. However, her social isolation has nurtured an unquenchable thirst for danger, action and adventure - even if her body can't take it.

Hidden under a thin veil of complaints, Amélie will gladly venture into the lions' den, but never on her own. She lacks the confidence and the nerve to be a leader in her tasks, taking on a passive role in team activities regardless of her usefulness. As such, she is heavily reliant on other people.

Finally, Amélie has nerves of glass. She is constantly nervous of overworking herself (if she isn't absorbed in the excitement of adventure) that she is startled and scared from the tiniest things, which can escalate into a panic strong enough for dizziness to occur. Again, if she has a friend to hide behind, these things will be easily avoided.

- Rain
- New cultures
- Sleeping
- Suncream

Dislikes:
- Heat
- Danger
- Crowds
- Fainting
- Being scared

Hobbies:
- Reading, especially fantasy novels. She enjoys the escapism and has used it as a replacement for real adventure.
- Flute lessons were mandatory in Amélie's old school, and she had plenty of time to practice. One can sometimes hear the airy notes drifting from the Hawkridge dorms as she practices.
- Puzzles. Any puzzles, every puzzle, Amélie is addicted to them like a cat on catnip. They're a very good form of bribery for Amélie.

Fears:
Amélie is quite the scardey-cat, so many things frighten her. She is mostly afraid of large crowds and boisterous people, along with loud noises. Curiously, she is not afraid of the dark and finds rain comforting, even if the thunder and lightning startles her. Her innermost fear is having a heart attack.

Strength:
Amélie is most proficient in the art of hiding. Stealth is an unconscious trait of hers, she's very light on her feet and years of being scared of everything has her accustomed to simultaneously checking shadows for monsters and looking for escape routes. As such, she is very observant and quick to react. (See talents for more details.)

Weakness:
Her main physical weakness is her heart and her albinism. Prolonged physical exertion, stress on the heart and temperatures that are too high, will cause her to faint or grow dizzy. She is also prone to illness.

On top of that is her fear, which overrides her ability to think rationally. She panics and jumps at the most minor happenings, tending to exaggerate situations and become worked up from an outcome that probably wouldn't happen.

Talents:
Since Amélie cannot be good at sports, her intelligence is above average, especially concerning observation. Her keen vision allows her to notice and form solutions when faced with puzzles and questions.
Her thin figure and quiet nature makes her as good hider and sneaker.

Appearance
Height:
5'2"
Cup Size: B
Skin Tone: (Albino) white
Eye Color: (Albino) red

Hair Description:
- Color: White/very pale blonde
- Highlights: None
- Length: Very long
- Style: Straight

- Worn: loose/ loosely gathered into a ponytail or braid

Extra:
- Scars: Several around the chest area from heart operations
- Piercings: Several ear piercings, see above
- Tattoos: None
- Facial Features: see above
- Scent: Musty paper, peppermint and roses. This is usually overpowered by stench of suncream.

- Other: Patient Pamuy​

Relationships
Father: Pierre Laloupe (muggle)
Mother: Theresa Laloupe (muggle)
Siblings: None
Relatives: Estranged aunt, one grandfather who she never met.

Family Line of Work: Surgeon (father), Waitress (mother)

Family Background:
Any information around the extended background of Amélie is rather dull. Her grandparents were farmers in a French vineyard whilst the mother's side of the family used to be very accomplished journalists until their agency met financial issues, throwing them into benefits. Really, only her parents worked hard to achieve better lives.

Best Friends: TBA
Friends: TBA
Love Interest: N/A
Enemies: TBA

Education
House:
Hawkridge
Best Core Class: Charms
Worst Core Class: Defense against the Dark Arts
Elective: Healing
Quidditch: N/A
Extra-Curricular: Music (Flute)

Magic
Wand:
- Length: 12"
- Flexibility: Swishy
- Wood: Cherry
- Core: Unicorn hair

Pets: None
Boggart: Watching herself die from a heart attack.
Animagus: N/A
Patronus: Gazelle​

Last edited:
Reactions: Esmeray
I shall make a character! and she shall be glorious!!!

Name:
Gemini Lyra Black

Also Known As:
Gemi or Lyra

Titles:
Princess of Foxcrest

Birthday:
Jun 15

Nationality:
Irish

Species:
Veela

Blood Status:
Pure Blood

Blood Type:
AB-

Astrological Sign:
Gemini

Sexual Orientation:
Straight but curious

Past/Bio:
Gemi had a pretty easy life grew up with a decent amount of money and was spoiled rotten but she never let that really effect her though some would disagree saying her cold demeanor is the cause of her rich back ground. She was immensely happy when she found out that her mother was having twins, which in Veela culture is extremely rare. Her mother and father started paying less attention to her and were more focused on her younger brother and sister. For a long time Gemi was jealous of her younger siblings and school became her solace for escape.

About Him/Her
Personality:
While Gemi comes off cold and unapproachable once you get to know her she is quick to laugh and to get a laugh out of you. She has a warm open heart that is usually surrounded by an icy exterior. She is always to polite even to those who aren't so polite with her. While she is intelligent she doesn't flaunt her intellectual superiority over everyone, she also play the piano and is consider a prodigy by her parents.

-Flying
-Singing
-Reading
-Writing
-
Dislikes:
-Rudeness

- Disrespect
-large crowds
-Being embarrassed
-Being Insulted
Hobbies:
She enjoys reading, writing her own music and playing it on the Piano, and spending time with her Family

Fears:
Spiders

Stage Freight
Disappointing her family
Strength:
Protective

Loyal to her friends
Open only to those who know her
Calculating mind, she always thinks 5 steps ahead
Intelligent
Weakness:
Can seem rude and mean to those who have not gotten to know her

A look from her if you have angered her can freeze you in your tracks
Is called a book worm due to her smarts.
Has a no care attitude
Easily upset (though you don't know it)
Talents:
Playing the Piano

Singing
Writing Music

Appearance
Height:
5' 4''

Cup Size:
D cup

Skin Tone:
Alabaster

Eye Color:
Icy blue

Hair Description:
- Color: Pale blonde

- Highlights: none
- Length: falls to the middle of her back
- Style: A slight curl to it
- Worn: down or in a pony-tail but only during Quidditch matches

Extra:
- Scars: Has no scars

- Piercings: Both of her ears are gauged
- Tattoos: No tattoos
- Facial Features: Has a beauty mark under her left eye
- Scent: Mint and rain
- Other: nothing I can think of

Relationships
Father:
Caelum Grus Black 48

Mother:
Caralina Lynx Black (Cornelius) 45

Siblings:
Musca Pyxis Black 6

Orion Leo Black 6
Relatives:
relatives of the Blacks, but from a line that was banished

Family Line of Work:
Father works for the Ministry of Magic in America

Mother is a Fashion Designer
Family Background:

Best Friends:
Ivelissa

Hadley
Ember
Friends:
Hadrian

Pierre
Aira

Love Interest:
TBD

Enemies:
TBD

Education
House:
Foxcrest

Best Core Class:
Potions

Worst Core Class:
Charms

Elective:
Healing

Quidditch:
Captain and Keepter

Extra-Curricular:
Magical Arts

Magic

Wand:
- Length: 12 1/2 inches

- Flexibility: Unyielding
- Wood: Laurel

- Core: Dragon Heart string

Pets:
Nyx

Boggart:
Giant Spider

Animagus:
Arctic Fox
Patronus:
Fox

(people having bloody issues with people being a wolf animangus sorry if I like wolves!)​

Last edited:
@RainyDays Great to finally see Amélie! She seems like she could use a friend like Danny - someone confident and happy to stand up front while she enjoys the adventure from a somewhat safer angle. Not sure how they'd meet, as he doesn't usually go out of his way to talk to the shy ones, but stuff does happen.

Speaking of friends, @Poisoned Rose were you thinking of establishing some relationships before the RP starts?

@CreepyShutIn I dont really know who all she would be friends with honestly... I will put a couple people as her friends though

Everyone finds friends. Just look through the profiles a bit and ask someone you'd like to interact with. How they ended up friends can be decided after.

I put some people but right now I am kinda in the middle of packing to go on a trip

That is fine lol I do you wanna be just a friend or best friend

Again with the wolf animagus :\

Can we please ban the further use of wolf anything? There are TONS of other animals in the world other than a wolf. It's like not even original anymore.....

@CreepyShutIn Haha, she's not even done yet; her background brings her through the first six years of her life but I am going to work with Vio to figure out her involvement with Ryou. Everything else is done though!

As for how they meet, that can be as exciting and as amazing as we like. Fate works in wonderful ways! If we need a cut-and-dry excuse for them bumping into each other, it'd probably be in the medic ward...Danny's headstrong attitude could get him hurt, whereas Amélie is usually whisked away there whenever she has a dizzy period or faints, which is unfortunately somewhat habitual.

And I agree with @Vio with the wolf animagus thing, but I'm more surprised that there are so many...I thought being an animagus was really rare!

Reactions: Esmeray
I put up animagus to have that figured out in the event that a characterDid become one.

Reactions: Ythania
I put up animagus to have that figured out in the event that a characterDid become one.
Ah, I was never accusing you of being the cause for it, nor am I all that annoyed about it. Actually, I look forward to seeing the characters develop this new skill over time.

Also, if you have a minute, I did a post about posting limits for the lessons that I would love you to have a read through. Edit: here!

Status
Not open for further replies.