The Kingdom of Evertrue

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilith Najima
She was walkin a bit behind Kera but had her reason for this. She had taken a sketch book and was drawing Kera from behind with the beautiful nature around them. She then catched up to Kera and showed her the drawing
How do you like it Kera? I was thinkig of making a drawing on the way and made this. You can have it if you want it
She smilef and kept showing the drawing as they walked through the calm middle of nowhere

Reactions: Radio Jelly
[BCOLOR=#800080]Kera Hy'l[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]Road to Kruvaria[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]Morning[/BCOLOR]

She smiles as she looks at the picture, she totally loved it. "Just keep it, but you're really good at drawing" she says and shifts her focus back to the road, she could see Kruvaria far in the distance, it was going to take another hour or two to get there. "What did you think you'd do if you find your brother?" she asks out of curiosity, mostly to strike some kind of conversation.

Reactions: conman2163
Lilith Najima
She rubbed her chin before giggling a little then smiling and hugging Kera tightly
I'd tell him about how I met an amazing person that I feel connected to. A person that makes me smile brightly and helps me in hard times
She let go of Kera as she kept walking and lpoking forward towards the city of Kruvaria

[BCOLOR=#800080]Road to Kruvaria[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]Morning[/BCOLOR]

As they walked, the Kruvaria got closer and closer rather quickly and eventually they reached the city gates. The guard greeted the couple as they walked past him and Kera looked around the city in awe. She found Kruvaria much more beautiful than Sunset City. But now she faced a new problem, how to find her grandmother's house, the best bet was to ask around but she had no idea where to start asking. "Uhm... Lilith, where do we start looking? I-i have no idea" she says feeling a bit embarrassed to admit it.

Seth
Shappire city castle

Waking up the next day he prayed yesterday was all a nightmare. During his shift, he almost seemed relaxed as if he didn't want it to end for some reason. and anyone who tried to talked to him was met with a blank stare. Out in the sunlight he walked around the garden on patrol, he tended to a few of the plants he liked, pulling weeds and giving them water. Though he would always try to hide it if anyone came near.

When his shift finally ended he looked defeated as he hung up his weapon. Putting it away for the first time in a while, he knew the library would not allow him to keep it. He had a quick bite to eat before heading to the Library to regretfully teach Allora. He gathered up the things they would need, and plenty extra before writing something on some of the papers. He was writing the alphabet with spaces inbetween each letter so she could try to copy them.

Queen Clarice Angelina Charmaine | Sapphire City Castle | Throne Room

Clarice was quiet as she listened to the elven man speak, breaking her silence only to whisper a quick "Thank you" to the servant who delivered her paper and ink, taking them and setting them down on the small end table beside her throne. The man greeted her in a tongue unfamiliar to her, which was fine. Was it her imagination or did one word of his greeting sound like her own name? If it was her own name then she'd hate to think that they had met before and she didn't remember - of course, that was unlikely. Clarice had an excellent memory when it came to meeting others as Queen. As he continued to speak and mentioned Allora, a smile came to Clarice's lips. When he had finished, she nodded.

"Yes, I know Allora," she said quickly, lifting one hand to tuck back some dark brown hair that had fallen loose. "She worked as a servant up until earlier today, actually, when she and one of the guards came in and requested a position for her among the guards. I do hope you're not here to take her away from me, as I've grown rather fond of Allora." She didn't think he was here to take Allora away - perhaps to offer her a place among his people, but certainly not to take her by force. Would Allora go if that was the case? Given his knowledge of who she was and where he would find her, it seemed he did at the very least have an origin story for the girl. Whether or not he was right about how long ago she had come here, however, Clarice did not know, having only been in the castle four years herself.

Midday in the handicrafts district of the City of Kruvaria…

"Lunch is here, Mrs. Delmurne!"

A young boy, not even ten years old, had dropped off their daily lunches. Today, it was beef and cheese sandwiches with freshly pressed lemonade. Ermeline paid the child from the cash register and headed back to the workshop with the bounty.

"Oh, just leave it anywhere. Go eat outside, it's a beautiful day today, and you did good work yesterday. Don't let it get to your head now, you hear?"

Absolutely beaming from the compliment, Ermeline almost skipped outside. Unwrapping her sandwich, she leaned against the wall of the building and watched the people go by. In the distance, she could hear the sounds of drumming again. One day, I'll find you, drummer! Mark my words!

Late morning in the Worker's Guild of Mondalia…

Lucy swung her legs restlessly as the trio sat in a row on a bench in the waiting area of the Worker's Guild. People passed by all in a hurry, no doubt doing some very important business – Lucy just wished the important business they were doing pertained to her.

"How long do you think it'll take to get us re-accredited? I mean, we've already done it once before."

Just then, a young woman already starting to get grey at the roots approached them. The hair bun on the top of her head was coming undone and her glasses lay slightly askew across her face.

"Darnell?"

Aislin stood and nodded. Ze followed her into an empty office. Lucy pouted.

"So, you're here to be reinstated as a member of the fortune-telling guild?"

Ze nodded again. The woman sat behind the desk and took out a thick file. Ze could see an expertly done sketch of zir likeness attached on the inside.

"Well, not a lot's changed since the last time you were here. You've already passed your future-sight test with flying colors, and we know you have what it takes to be a successful fortune-teller. You still have your old supplies?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"And you wish to keep operating under the name Drabardi?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Then I see nothing standing between us and your reinstatement! Please have a wonderful day… though you already know all about that, don't you?"

She chuckled to herself – likely the only humor she'd experienced all day. The woman quickly ushered zir out of her office and motioned for Lucy to join her.

"Erm… the dog stays out here."

Vindr gave her the saddest eyes in the history of puppy-dog eyes, but she was unmoved. Lucy gave a little wave as she headed into the office. Aislin and Vindr stared at each other.

"You'll be alright on your own?"

Vindr blinked. Taking that as approval, Aislin headed out.

Late morning at the Darnell-Ardith home on the edge of Mondalia…

Opening up the downstairs closet, many things fell out – old clothes, some dog toys, and a giant mass of navy blue fabric. Upon closer examination of the fabric, one could see small stars enchanted to twinkle and sparkle dotted all across it. Aislin grabbed this and some folding furniture that had been shoved to the back, as well as a "mystical" orb sitting on the top shelf – the only thing mystical about it was the fact it was enchanted to show smoky tendrils swirling throughout. Ze set the tools of zir craft down on the kitchen table and went back into the closet, this time searching for zir old Drubardi wardrobe. Ze came out with a long, black robe that shimmered beautifully in low-light and a collection of colored candles to set the mood.

Ze was ready.

Aislin Darnell, Occupation Gained: Fortune-Teller
Lucy Ardith, Occupation Gained: Potion-Maker

Late morning on the edge of Sunset City…

Did that girl just look at me funny?
Ayesha frowned slightly at the very weird-looking bunny girl. She debated on making a face at her, too, but held back. The girl leading the way had strange symbols all over her body. Could she be considered weird-looking, too? Probably.

Shaking her head vigorously, she came back to the task at hand: delivering her letter and her paperwork. Both could be done at the clerical building near the front gates. She ended up following the pair of girls for a while, but they were quickly lost in the crowds. Along the way, she passed the large and very beautiful park that was the centerpiece of the city. She passed by here quite often, and recognized a few faces here and there, but the creature she saw next blew her mind right out of her noggin.

He was tall, almost godlike, with rich, dark skin and toned muscles covered with tattoos. His chiseled jaw sent shivers up and down her spine. The man stood silently, no doubt gazing at the beautiful sunrise, just a few feet away from her. Tall, dark, and handsome? Check!

For a moment, she was frozen by her homeland's customs: Do not speak unless spoken to, be in all ways submissive to the man… But this wasn't Dār as-Sakhr, and she was never truly a daughter of the fatherland. Brushing away her insecurities, she strode right up to the (much taller up close) man, put a hand upon her hip, and exclaimed,

"Hey, there!"

Late midday at the University of Telia…

Closing the door behind her with a soft *click*, Delyth undid a couple buttons on her shirt and raised her arms to the sky. Ahhh, it was good to be alive! Still clutching the materials given to her by the kind woman inside, she decided to start exploring her new campus. The various flora silently called out to her in greeting as she passed by, as they did to every creature that came near – it was unfortunate that so few could hear their song. Delyth patted a small flowering tree as she walked by, acknowledging nature's presence in this place of learning.

Again, out of the corner of her eye, a flash of dusty rose caught her attention: the same young woman as before, this time inspecting a large sign posted by the university. She squinted her eyes; it seemed to be a map of some sort. Ah, yes, of the university, of course! Before she could decide upon a course of action, the lady hurried off towards one of the buildings. Delyth considered raising her voice in greeting, but what would she follow up with? Your dress reminded me of an ex-girlfriend? Shaking her head, she took the woman's place in front of the map.

"History, Sciences, Arts… Ooh, the library!"

Since learning to read, books had become her bittersweet addiction. The loss of life put into making each page was a travesty, but the thoughts contained within each tome were utterly fascinating. She made sure to thank the trees that gave their lives for each book before she sat down to read them.

Clip-clop, clip-clop…
Her hoof-steps echoed throughout the courtyard. She noticed the woman was heading in the same direction as she. A sudden thought hit her. What if she thinks I'm following her? I mean, I kind of am, but I don't really mean to. Maybe I should turn around… but I really want to go to the library! Maybe she likes books and we can bond over them and become best friends! No, that's silly…

A dangerous thought came to her mind, then: what was this woman doing? Where was she going? What was she studying? Delyth's inquisitive streak could be quite strong. She had to know more about her. The young dryad picked up the pace to close the gap between them, but still stayed a short distance behind. Well, I guess I am following her after all.

@disappointedfish
@PrincessLala95

Thalice Cydonia | Blue River | Night | Bailor, @Youngbreezy

Her eyes closed and her focus entirely on what the plants had to say to her, Thalice sat oblivious to Bailor bobbing her head just beside her. At once it was like she had forgotten everything around her, and yet knew all about it. The things the plants told her, could be, and was, in her head imagined as a map over pretty much all of Blue River, a large hole wherever there was an absense of plants, like roads or houses.

Grass was her favourite plant so far. They were close to the ground, and mostly everywhere, so they'd know excactly where people or animals went. And as they knew, she did too.

She sat still for quite the time, quietly briefing over this internal map of hers. Completely oblivious to Bailor's thoughts of her "playing in the dirt", she ignored her entirely, completely forgetting her promise of teaching her.

Eu-Mag | Sapphire city | Midday | Myranda, @WhisperingWillows

Having rented themself a boat to get over to Sapphire Island, splitting the price, Eu-Mag and Tónlist had finally made their way to Sapphire city, and were now looking around for anywhere to start looking for potential heroes or monster hunters. After walking yet even more, through market street after market street, they found themselves on a circular, cobble-floored marketplace, on one edge of which stood a bulletin board. "My king! Over there!" Tónlist enthusiastically ran over to the board, covered by one torn note slightly overlapping the next. Eu-Mag was not really into following; his movements were powered by magic, and this peculiar part of the city had a noticeably weaker mana supply than the rest of it, giving him a strong sense of exhaustation.

Tónlist had already started writing a note to stick to the board. "...has shown the "Mystery Isle" to be populated by aggressive," he dictated before stopping. "No, that sounds too scary. Powerful, and bloodthirsty! That will get the adventurers coming! What do you say, my king?" Just now he stopped writing to notice the armor, slobbily dragging himself towards him, to a few people's confusion and slight fear. "Tónlist, this place has a low concentration of mana. I am weak." The mage glanced with worried look, before quickly scribbling the rest of the note and darting it to the board with a needle. "Let's find a tavern nearby. There we can also wait for potential accepters of the quest. That looks decent," he pointed towards a building a bit down the road. Eu-Mag's visuals were slowly losing clearity, but he caught a glimpse of the name, The Golden Horseshoe.

Struggling to keep upright with the little power he had left, Eu-Mag relied on Tónlist to carry him inside the inn. He probably had some telekinetic spell in the back of his head, but as his king said, this place had a low concentration of mana. He payed for them both with the king's gold; he had used the little he brought on the boat, and the king would let him anyways, were he concious. While he did realize that at this point he was just dragging a separate armor around, and that he could have it go as just an armor, he was a truthful guy. He'd never lie to any innkeeper. Laying Eu-Mag on a bed in their designated room, he himself took to a book he had brought.

[-38 gold, boat rent]
[-16 gold, night at inn x2]

[Expedition in progress - Mystery Isle
Dangers: 1/3 (Magically induced exhaustation)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Aurélie Lorraine Charmaine | Telia City | University Library

Aurélie grasped the handle of the library building's large doors and pushed them open, pausing. She heard what sounded like the hooves of horses behind her, and a curious frown came to her lips. Horses weren't supposed to be on the property - there were stables for a reason. She turned around to see what was going on, but her eyes fell instead upon a woman - a strange woman, with the upper body of a person and the lower body of a horse, or a deer, or a goat - Aurélie wasn't sure. Her clear, blue-grey eyes quickly scanned over the woman, fascinated and curious about this other person. Not wanting to forget her manners, she smiled brightly and paused in the doorway. The woman seemed to be heading in the same direction as she was, so she figured she'd hold the door for her since she was already there.

"Good afternoon!" Aurélie chimed politely, curious about this other woman - if she was a woman, that is? Aurélie had heard of centaurs, people with the lower bodies of horses, but as the woman walked closer she could see more detail and she could tell that this woman's body seemed to be that of a deer. Did that make her something other than a centaur? Perhaps some kind of subspecies? Perhaps Aurélie needed to take a course in zoology one of these days, to learn about other species and not find herself so bumbling and ignorant in the presence of non-humans. She had seen many other types of people in the castle - elves, fairies, witches and wizards, shapeshifters, superhumans...but as she gazed upon this stranger, she knew that there were almost definitely still many types of people she had yet to learn about.

Loran

Loran frowned. It was clear that this woman was somewhat attached to Allora, which would make the seperation all the more difficult. He withdrew the letter from his lord though, and moving closer, placed it in the hands of a guard who seemed to materialize out of thin air and move between himself and the queen. The guard then silently strode over and held the letter out for the queen.

Dear Queen Clarice,

Whilst you do not know me, nor undoubtedly my household, my name is Lord Vesryn of the Elven kingdom of Sindar. Nigh on fifteen years ago I had a servant of mine place a small elven child named Allora before your castle doors, and I was assured that the castle took her in. The Elven male that I have sent this with is named Loran, and he has come to retrieve Allora. I could go to great lengths telling you just why I had her placed before your doors, but this would be too long and confusing to explain via this letter. Should you wish to learn just why I would ask that you ask that you simply ask Loran. I would like to thank you for taking care of the child, however as stated earlier in the letter I must have her back. She is my sole heir and her fiancee to be is waiting for her safe return. Once again I thank you, and I wish you and your kin well. I write this letter shortly before a meeting between the great elven lords of my land, and so I apologize for making this so brief. Any questions you have should certainly be answerable by Loran, and if you have any that cannot be answered please send a letter or similar form of communication with Loran, and I will do my best to answer them.

Dröttning Clarice, sé ono líf drjugr un onr esterní eldhrimner,

Queen Clarice, may you live long and your good fortune grow,

Sincerely, Lord Elendar Vesryn of the Sindar Elves

Silently, Loran would wait for the queen to read the letter. If she did not, it was not a matter of importance to him at the moment.

"I apologize, but yes, my reason for visiting is indeed to return Allora to her household. I trust she is well? I know that humans can be brutal and basic when they are pushed to be so, and I would not wish for any ill blood to exist between your kingdom and the house of Vesryn."

Late midday at the University of the City of Telia…

Delyth was at first startled at being noticed, and felt a bit guilty – she probably wasn't cut out to be a stealthy investigator – but quickly smiled and replied with a hearty,

"Good afternoon!"

She noticed herself being looked over, and was secretly pleased. Someone as curious as I am! Well, maybe not as curious… She passed the woman, nodding thanks to her holding the door, but immediately paused once inside.

"Woah!"

The library was huge! Rows upon rows of books on shelves that reached the ceiling – and then several floors above it of the same! Delyth's little tail flicked back and forth with excitement. She wished she could spend the rest of her days here, just breathing in that old book smell. It would probably take every single day of her extended lifespan to get through them all, but she debated on doing just that. Remembering the woman behind her, she turned and exclaimed,

"Isn't this cool? This is so cool!"

"Cool" was a word she'd learned from the youth of Dragon City, which explained her sentiments perfectly. She'd seen one or two smaller libraries of maybe a few shelves in the past, but nothing like this.

"Do you think they have Dana L'emor? I've always wanted to read her…"

Elbauthin somewhat tightened the grip of his free hand on the strap of his brown leather bag, a bemused smile coming to his lips as he looked down at the young woman who had approached. She was lovely, with a scarf around her head and a modest yet sparkling dress that kept her mostly covered. The effect of the outfit was beautiful, keeping her hair hidden and showing only a pretty face - a face whose beauty was enhanced by the fact that it was all that was shown. Dark eyes, expertly applied makeup, a friendly smile, and a bold voice greeting him. Had he met her before? Perhaps in a previous life - but no, her aura was one unfamiliar to him. She was simply a friendly individual here in town who wished to meet him - perhaps because she found him attractive? It had happened before that women had approached him, thinking him handsome. How he hated rejecting their advances, but he much preferred the attentions of men.

Good morning, miss, Elbauthin said politely in his deep, velvety rich voice - he had a hint of an accent, he could tell that much on the rare occasions when he spoke with the people of Evertrue, but he knew that none would be able to place his accent. It was the accent of an Empire that had long since been conquered, and re-conquered - a land that no longer existed, even in most history books. Even after three thousand years, even after leaving his homeland, his accent still stuck. As he gazed curiously down at this short young woman who had approached him, he wondered what she would have to say. If she asked his name, he would certainly have to lie, but if she introduced herself first, he would be sure to take note of her name. Her name and her face, he would remember. He never forgot a face when it had a name connected to it - after all these years, he could still envision Pasiche's face in his mind as if it was just yesterday that he'd last seen her. Skin as black as fertile earth, almond-shaped eyes so deep you might just drown in them, thick lips capable of casting spells better than most self-proclaimed experts Elbauthin had met... He shook himself from his reverie, not wanting to seem lost in his thoughts when addressing a lady.

His hand shifted downwards to carefully touch the side of his leather bag. He couldn't feel the Pasiche book's magic through the leather - normally he could, which was why he chose a leather bag of all materials, so he could only conclude that Kiera had yet to write him back. By now, he was almost certain that she had closed her book and gone to work. If he didn't hear from her by the end of the day when he abandoned the park and its crowds to return home, he would write to her himself. She wouldn't ignore a message from him, so he would simply ask how things went - whether or not she had any leads on the chalice, how the woman for whom she was doing the spell had reacted upon hearing the news...and he would let her know that he wished to meet the child when they were born. It was a request that she could not deny - the Mortal God he may be, but to her, he was still a God, mortal or otherwise.

@Koene

ON THE WAY TO THE DESECRATED DESERT
KALIVOS TOREN

"How long has been?" the darkelf thinks as has been struggling trying to reach the edge of the pit with Malik still over him, he has slipped several times and the leg keep hurting like hell. "Argg... stupid brat, why dont wake up? I could use the help, neck broken?, I doubt it, even when it could sve me the bother to go to where I was to drop him, I could return to the city and have this damned leg fixed, hope the spikes aren poisoned and must hurry, whoever did this surely will come to check it, come on you stupid brat... wake up!!"
Kalivos keeps pushing up, using arms and legs to gain support against the pit walls, the darkelf grit his teeths as the wounded leg sends painful waves each time that he use it.
"This pain is nothing, its not like being whipped with that razorsharp whip mother had, or being beaten by my brothers, or being slapped by dad, this is nothing" Tears flow from his closed eyes, his lip bleed as he bit into it, at last his hand touches the edge of the pit.
"Come on, at least help me now stupid brat... roll or do something!!".
Contorting himself he makes Malik body roll over him and at last he can climb out of the pit. The darkelf rest on the sandy ground gasping for air, the sun has comedown and the air while still hot, its turning more cool.

"Gotta keep moving, but first to check the brat, if hes dead Im throwing him back into the pit..."
Kalivos check Malik "still alive, hes breathing and the neck looks fine, whats this?" the darkelf felt something in the kid forehead, a big lump, right into the middle of his forehead.
"Hes gonna be out for a while, great, just what I needed, a bad leg and an inconscious brat; oh, and dont forget, a thief or a group of them on my tail, just fine, well done Kalivos, and all this bother just because some stupid kid killed a cat!!"

Expedition in progress: Desecrated Desert
Post 5
Trials 1 / Trap pit

Imari huffed hopping off the window he grabbed his bag and slug it over his shoulder. No need to think about that right now ,night was approaching and he needed to get home.

With his hoodie pulled over his head he began his short walk back home. The air was chilly , not a soul could be seen on the way.

The dark night sky was illuminated by the twinkling of stars and the Moon's soft glow.

Lilith Najima
She scratched her cheek and shrugged a little not knowing where to start either. She had only been her once
I don't know. What was your grandmother's name? Maybe we can ask a guard
She then began looking around for a guard. A lot of people looked at her funny cause of her bunny ears but Lilith couldn't give a damn

[BCOLOR=#800080]Kruvaria[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]Noon[/BCOLOR]

She shrugs as Lilith asks about her grandmother's name, she didn't know as her grandfather was always using a nickname in his diary. She began to just walk forward along the street in the hopes of maybe finding a guard or someone who could help her. She had no idea what part of the city she was in. As she walked she noticed a girl sitting on the ground leaning against a wall and eating. Kera felt a bit bad about interrupting the girl's lunch but she had to start from somewhere and she approached the girl. "Uhm, excuse me.. d-do you happen to know where the Hy'l family h-house is located b-by chance?" she asks. She had her hopes high, this was all to find her father afterall.

Midday in the handicrafts district of the City of Kruvaria…

Finishing up her sandwich and lemonade, Ermeline sat peacefully, thinking wonderful thoughts to herself. I've made it! I'm in the great City of Kruvaria, and I have a job and a house, and I'm working as a seamstress! Could things be any better?

Just then, a young woman with a large rune on her face, followed by some sort of bunny-girl hybrid, approached her little spot.

"The Hy'l family? I'm sorry, I can't say I've heard of them…"

She paused a moment. Something niggled at the back of her mind. Something about the girl's face…

"Hey! I know that symbol!"

She stood and took a closer look at it.

"I mean, I don't know if it's the same one, but… Okay, see, I just moved into this abandoned house that used to belong to a crazy man who believed in something called Rune Magic, and he drew all these crazy symbols on the walls of this room, and… I can't say for sure, but that sure looks like one!"

She paused again, out of breath. A sudden realization came to her, and she blushed slightly.

"Oh, uhm, you aren't… related to that poor man, are you? You don't believe… I'm sure Rune Magic is totally real and stuff. Yeah…"

She heard that mental illness often ran in families, and here this girl was, wearing a very similar symbol on the most visible part of her body. She hoped she didn't have to direct the girl to a mental institution or anything; it would probably break her little heart, and possibly cause irreparable damage to her psyche.

Glancing back at the shop, she figured she had time before Mrs. Delmurne came looking for her. She didn't want to try her patience, however…

"Hey, if you want to come look at the room, I can take you there. We've got to be quick, though – my boss can be a bit strict."

Late morning on the edge of Sunset City…

Ayesha hoped she wasn't blushing. His voice was a warm embrace to her soul. Worried she may be staring, she clasped her hands behind her back and turned to look at the sunrise. Today was a beautiful mix of orange, peach, and just a hint of violet swirling in the clouds. She breathed deeply, inhaling the scent of fresh dew mixed with the innate musk of masculinity standing next to her.

"I can't say I've met a single person who didn't love the views here. May I count you among them?"

She absentmindedly imagined tracing his many tattoos with her fingertips while lounging on a divan in some other-worldly location – not Dār as-Sakhr, for that was a place of burden and bad memories, and not Evertrue, for this presence before her seemed too exotic to be fully at home in such a mundane place as this. She tried to place his accent from the few syllables he'd spoken, but nothing came of it. Suddenly remembering herself, she turned back to the man and extended a hand.

"By the way, I am known as Ayesha Karibail-Bayyin. I am an enchanter, recently under the guidance of Yeyudi Maddox. If you ever need anything enchanted, my shop will be on the main street, near the rear gate."

Wouldn't mind enchanting your rear gate…
Stunning herself with her unexpected crassness, she focused her attention on the intensity of his eyes. They had seen much, she was sure of it. World-weary, perhaps. She wondered if any of her housewife training would help this man relax and unwind… though her memories of that time were faint, and she would probably screw it up anyways.

All this for a stranger she had just met… mother would be ashamed.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Princess Aurélie Lorraine Charmaine | City of Telia | University Library

Aurélie held the door for the other woman, the deer-bodied woman, who greeted her as she passed through. Aurélie gave a grin, but before she could return the greeting, the other woman let out a surprised gasp at seeing the library. Aurélie had been here many times, and it hadn't been all that amazing - it was only a bit bigger than the castle library though, so perhaps that was why she wasn't so impressed. It also contained many more non-fiction books, whereas the royal library was filled with novels and works of fiction. She fought back a giggle at hearing the other woman's excited words as she looked around. The young princess stepped into the library the rest of the way and let the door fall shut behind her.

"You must be new here - everyone else has been through the library too many times to still be amazed with it," Aurélie said, still grinning. "My name's Aurélie and I'm a huge fan of Dana L'emor. If this library doesn't have her works then I can get you a few copies to read, if you're that interested - I have a few of her books, and I can have my evil stepmother mail me the rest of them from back home if you want to read more when you finish those." She always tried to be friendly, but it was difficult. Most students knew that she was the Princess. When she had first started at the school, many of the other students had approached her. They had seemed friendly enough, and she'd become popular quickly, but she had soon started to realize that many of them were just trying to be friends with her because of her royal status. Many had abandoned her once they realized that there was no way for them to benefit from the friendship, or once they got annoyed listening to her ranting about the Queen. She didn't mind - she had no time for fake friends. Maybe this new girl had yet to realize who Aurélie was - she would have to see how much conversation she could get out of her before she realized who she was.

Queen Clarice Angelina Charmaine | Sapphire City Castle | Throne Room

Quietly, Clarice listened to the man speak. She felt disheartened as he admitted that yes, he would be taking Allora away. And right after her promotion, too - and what of her relationship with Diodora? They might not admit it, but Clarice knew that something was budding there. Her intuition was too strong not to know. She looked down at the letter that had been placed in her hands, waiting until after he spoke before starting to read it. Dismayed, she looked up at him and nodded slightly.

"Allora is well," she said softly. "She's small and frail, though - she tends to injure herself easily. We do what we can to prevent it, but what can you do to prevent an adventurous young thing from getting hurt?" She smiled, shaking her head slightly. She felt badly for the elf girl. Did she even have a say in the matter? "She actually has a broken arm right now, but it's been tended to and should mend in no time. I do have one question before I call for her, though - if Allora does not wish to go with you, then what shall you do?" She didn't know how Allora would react to this news, but she wanted to cover her bases before calling for the girl. She needed to know how he would react, and what she should do. Obviously she didn't want to tell him no outright, as it would be a show of ill will and she didn't want to anger him or his people, but what if it was Allora herself who said no? She intended to support Allora in the matter. If Allora agreed to go then she would provide her with anything necessary to make the journey easier and more comfortable. If Allora didn't want to go, though, then she would not force her - it would be up to her and this man, Loran, to work the matter out.

Crofton Dewl | Vastwater Basin | Inn/Streets

After a long yet satisfying rest, Crofton found himself waking in the inn room. It took a moment for him to remember the events of the previous day, but before long, he had. A smirk came to his lips. Yes, the Cave of Souls. Climbing out of bed, he changed his clothes and paused before the reflective glass mirror. He didn't look as exhausted as he felt, nowhere near it. Grabbing his headscarf, Crofton took the time to delicately wrap it around his head. He tucked the pointed tips of his ears beneath the thick linen and gathered together what few belongings he had. Having only paid for the one night, he was ready to leave - breakfast wasn't necessary quite yet, as he now had to make the journey from Vastwater Basin to Kynt Village.

Beginning to head out of his room and towards the inn's entrance, he thought back to his close examination of the map back in Eastway Bluff. The distance between Vastwater Basin and the other two towns had seemed the same, so he would have to walk the same amount of time as he had last night. Did that mean he had twelve long hours of walking ahead of him? He certainly hoped not - in fact, he was determined not to walk another twelve hours. Giving the waitress a brief nod as he headed out into the streets, he turned his attention on the road West. He knew that all towns had stables at the entrances, so he should be able to rent a horse for the trip to Kynt Village. He began to walk, his shoes padding against the cobbled streets as he headed for the town gates.

Reaching the edge of town in a matter of minutes, he sure enough found himself at a set of stables. They were small, but the animals looked hardy and strong. He approached a winged woman who appeared to be tending the animals and he smiled politely. "Good day to you, madam - might I ask how much it is to rent out one of these lovely animals for a few days?" he asked. He knew that being polite was the trick here.

"It's only twenty gold," the woman responded, a kind smile on her lips. She seemed like a good person - a good person with a good and pure soul...but no, Crofton knew better than to think of that. He was approaching this woman for the livestock, not for her soul.

"And do I have to return it here, or can it be delivered to you by stablehands from elsewhere? I intend to journey to Cublain Village, but then I must take a boat the rest of the way to my destination. Is there any way I can leave the horse in the stables there and they can ensure that it is safely returned to you here?" he asked, nervous that this would be a dealbreaker for the woman, but the fairy simply nodded and smiled.

"Certainly!" she said. "It happens more often than you might think - you need only leave the horse with one of their stablehands and let them know to bring it back here. The other towns are all so good about maintaining their stables - well, not so much Eastway, but everywhere else," she said with a light, musical laugh.

"Then madam, I'd like to rent one of your fine beasts," said Crofton, pulling out his money and quickly counting twenty gold. He handed the handful to the woman, who took it and recounted it even more quickly than he had done initially. Satisfied, she tucked the money into the pocket of her dress and headed into the stables. A few moments later, she emerged with a speckly horse, light brown in colour with darker brown dots. It eyed Crofton curiously, and he outstretched one hand so that it might smell him.

"This is Presley," she told him. "He'll treat you well if you treat him well, and he's been to Cublain Village before."

"Thank you, good lady," Crofton said, giving the slightest of bows. "I can guarantee you that he will be delivered safe and healthy to Cublain Village, and whether or not they treat him as well as I did will have to wait and be seen."

The woman, giving an amused laugh, nodded and bid him farewell. Crofton mounted the horse with ease, taking a moment to steady himself. It had been so long since he had ridden, but soon he was ready to go, digging his heels gently into Presley's sides and taking off in the direction of Kynt Village.

Expedition in progress: Cave of Souls
Trials/tribulations: 2 (pity for a stranger; exhaustion)

Elbauthin, curious about this beautiful woman in the glittering gown, intrigued by her chipper attitude and outgoing, friendly nature, gave a smile. He turned his own dark gaze towards the sky, taking in its magnificent colours. Even when the sun had risen, there was always some colourful tint to the otherwise stunning sea of azure, and that was the very reason he had chosen to settle down here. You may count me among those who will never tire of nature's great beauty, Elbauthin murmured, glancing back down at her. I have travelled to every corner of this great Kingdom, and nowhere has captured my attention the way this city has done.

He was quiet as the girl introduced herself, as well as her craft. Ayesha...he would take care to remember that name, and to remember her face. That part shouldn't be difficult - her face did not look to be an easy one to forget, and he would almost definitely remember the glitter. "My name is Druindar," he said to her. It wasn't exactly a lie - Druindar was his middle name, after all. In fact, she had almost learnt more of him than many who knew his first name did - very few ever heard his middle name, for the simple fact that it was unnecessary. When she went on to say that she was an enchanter, he found himself all the more intrigued. You are an enchanter? I should certainly like to see your work one of these days, he said, a smile dancing at the corners of his lips as he spoke. He thought to the Pasiche book in his bag, again touching the leather to see if he could feel the sweet magic at play, but no.

There was something about the way that this Ayesha spoke, the way she carried herself, that fascinated Elbauthin. He would never cease to find individuals fascinating - though people as a whole could be dull and incredibly vile at times, individuals were always interesting on their own, apart from the group. It was what had first drawn him to Pasiche, her individuality and uniqueness when separated from other humans. Elbauthin, to some, might also probably be fascinating. His life story was certainly an unusual one, though he obviously didn't find himself as interesting as he found others. Others, likewise, probably didn't find themselves as interesting as they found him, but it was a matter he had no means of measuring, which meant that research on the thought could not be performed. Alas.

He kept his dark eyes turned downwards, looking at Ayesha with that same slight smile toying with his lips. How odd it seemed that he had to tilt his head so far down just to look at the woman - was he very tall, or was she very short? He couldn't remember having to look so far down when making eye contact with Pasiche. Why must I compare every woman I meet to Pasiche? He silently scolded himself, but of course he knew the answer - it was because Pasiche, apart from his own long-dead mother, was the only woman he had ever truly loved. In cultivating relationships, friendships, he found himself comparing women to Pasiche to determine whether or not they seemed suitable friends. None ever did, even among the ranks of his followers. Pasiche...Pasiche had been one of a kind, and he could never replace her. He really did need to stop comparing women to her.

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Status
Not open for further replies.