The Kingdom of Astaeron (Sign-ups always open!)

Hey Professor, didn't see you post when I was working on mine. Sorry about that!

Name: Atlys (pronounced Atlas) Tacitus
Species: Human
Physical Description: Atlys is a bit on the short side, but is usually seen wearing a cloak that is too large on her, along with a tattered dress and a satchel about her waist, sometimes carrying a spell tome. She rarely lowers her hood, but if she did, one would see long black hair pulled back into a loose braid. Shoes being too expensive, she constantly goes barefoot, and her feet are callused and dirty. Her eyes are a mischievous shade of green. For reasons most people don't understand, she always wears her amulets and other jewelry, the most expensive items she owns - they're for spiritual protection.
Personality: The first thing people notice about Atlys is her wit. She is clever, sharp-tongued, and confident, with a self-assured air about her, a chip off the old block. She can hold up a mature conversation easily, but is also quickly bored by what she hears, escaping the scene with as much fluidity as she entered and partook in it, and willfully enough to satisfy her impatient self. Her two greatest desires in life are what drive her personality - to become the greatest sorcerer in Astaeron and to never allow herself to be bound by earthly obligations. The second one, in particular, is pivotal in making her who she is. Thus, she is noncommittal, laid-back, deceptive, and borderline incapable of romance. She can pretend to be in love quite well when she needs to, for she is also a thief, but knows not of the real thing. She feels she doesn't need to.
Bio/History: Atlys was born into a very poor family of wanderers and beggars who also specialized in sorcery, which they did in secret to avoid persecution. However, they were not a family for long. Shortly after her birth, Atlys' mother, Elytine, died of complications related to the birth. Her brother, Samhain, was ten at the time, and managed to raise her on the streets, helping her become versed in the art of sorcery. Though the magic they practiced was used only for benevolent purposes, Samhain made it very clear from the beginning that their lives could very well end in punishment for practicing sorcery.
However, thus was not the case for Samhain. Both of the Tacitus children had a history of being sickly, often bedridden by common afflictions. When Samhain came down with pneumonia during the winter, Atlys was 13. It proved too much for him, and he died of a fever at his sister's side. But with his last breaths, he cast a spell that would render his spirit her guardian until her death, in spite of her pleas that he must move on to the spirit realm. Though he is rarely visible in the physical world, Samhain often speaks to Atlys through dreams, offering advice.
Today, at age 15, Atlys is a sorceress and, to make up for her lack of income, a thief. She has a kind heart, but often puts her needs before those of others. After all, she's a free spirit.
Other details: Atlys' job as a sorceress entails casting spells and making potions for a price, but she often uses magic on her own time, for the good of spirits. She is often sighted at graveyards the night after funerals, just to make sure that the body was laid to rest properly, and the spirit can depart. Though this is her most common "purpose for good," she employs her skills in many other ways.
Picture (if you have one):

whicoj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read thoroughly through it because I can't exactly see it and am in the middle of an important skype call. I'll take the time to read it fully after my call, but what I DO know thanks to ctrl+f is that you're missing a very important detail and I'll need you to read over the rules again quickly.

(changing my default text color because I didn't realize until now how hard it was to read.)

I knew I was forgetting something. Guess I got carried away with the form. Anyhow, it's in there now. Thanks for reminding me.

Also, would it be inconvenient for you/your character to start with talking to the queen? I figured she could get busted for stealing food or something and get dragged into the throne room and whatnot. cx

The queen is currently preoccupied talking to the grim reaper. Also Princess, did you notice I have a new CS here?

Whenever it's convenient, of course. Or I could start elsewhere and have her get busted later on. Anything works, as long as I'm accepted.

You're good now, Snowday. The Queen is in her bedroom so you won't really be able to talk to her...lol.

And chukkle, I'll go see now.

Name: Illiasriel von Lorenz E Phobos-Bernedine
Species: Human
Physical Description: Illias has long black hair, usually tied up in a pony tail, dark brown eyes and a slim body. When she's at home, she wears expensive, elegant dresses, but when she goes out she disguises herself with a large, puffy hat to put her hair under, a long black coat and simple black pants.
Personality: Illias is adventurous, but her parents, worried about her hurting herself, forbade her to leave the manor. Illias of course responded by ignoring them and finding a way to sneak out by herself.
Bio/History:
For most of her life, Illias has been sheltered by her parents. She dove into fencing, archery and horseback riding lessons, because they were the most adventurous things she was allowed, but she always longed to go out into the world and prove herself in some way. Since her family is close to the crown, she couldn't just run away from home, but she could find a way to disguise herself and sneak out for short periods of time.
This one is also good. I'll go and put them both down now.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Thank you! I'm gonna go start now, so if anyone wanted to interact with her, she'll be there.

Name:
Mr. Goat
Species:
Demon
Physical Description:
Is a cross between a man and a goat with dark hair all around. Has the body of a human, but head and legs are that of a goat.
Personality:
A helpful and trickly kind of demon, Mr. Goat tends to help people and make deals with other people. That can result in losing their own soul to Mr. Goat. What he does with them is his own business. The demon is also aware of us and will sometimes break the fourth wall.
Bio/History:
One day a man was thinking of creatures and Mr. Goat came to mind. The man then created Mr. Goat placing it in a Role play to be a sort of 'guide' and trickster. Ever since Mr. Goat has moved from role play to role play causing general chaos and breaking the fourth wall.
Other details:
Has various magic spells.
Due to this character's nature, it won't pop appear very often.

• Love
Reactions: PrincessLala95
Yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. I want to cry. I love it.

Name: Loques 'Loque' Saventhian
Species: Tauren Elf
Physical Description: 6ft, 195lbs, Pointed Ears, Golden Eyes.

Personality: Militaristic but capable of being kind hearted when need be. He is capable of great evils if he is ordered to do so, he can speak his mind when matters of war or politics are brought up.
Bio/History:

Raised under royalty since childhood, he has been brought up as a soldier and defender of the nobles. He grew fond of battle and of politics while serving under the great king of the Tauren Elves, few would be so honored to grow up in a privileged life as his. Bathed in the blood of his enemies he was granted the title he still holds today, 'Iaikae See gel' , The invisible blade. He led the charge into the lands of Ke'Tae, a neighboring kingdom with whom the Tauren had often battled. The stories tell of his sword passing through the flesh of his enemies so fast that it was as if his blade never left its sheathe, nothing but a flash of silver and a rolling head. Loques became a reevered soldier after the war ended and was met well upon returning to his home in the palace.

Several years of service later he found himself commanding a troop of 100 men, he led them into battle against those who still claimed loyalty to the Ke'Tae. The troop moved with confidence into the village and spread themselves out checking houses, Loques had no choice but to let his men do as they wished with the locals. For even the most noble of soldiers needed certain things after months away from home. The Ke'Tae had anticipated this, they had agents in place and cut the throats of the men in the middle of the night. Loque found himself in the center of town alongside three of his captains, he and his men were in line to be executed. But thankfully for Loque a second troop rolled through the town and saved them, in the fray Loque lost one of his captains. The second troop guided the remaining members of Loque's troop back to the capital, where each was demoted. Luckily for Loque and the Captains they were alongside a man of title, had they been without title execution would be the only means of redemption. However they were only sent across the kingdom, to serve under others commands, Loque was sent outside of the Kingdom. To help the allies of his great king, it was a noble task however still it shown his folly. The Kingdom of Astaeron, a fair kingdom with a man who seemed to be a just ruler. Loques was sent to this kingdom by ship accompanied by 2 other ships and several other soldiers. None but Loque were sent of disgrace but chose to follow him so that he may still hold some power in a foreign land.
Other details: Severe drinking problem and death wish in accordance of winning back his honor. (His story would begin upon arrival in the land, greeted by kings men and on his travel to the castle/palace any could happen across him or he could make it to the castle fine and become a more political player possibly a general.) Chippity Chip Chipparoo!
mavz8m.jpg

Reactions: PrincessLala95
I'm so sorry that I didn't see this sooner!! Your character is lovely, you're just missing one tiny detail from the rules, take another look :)

Alright, HellHound, you're accepted :) I'll go add him to the list.

Reactions: Hell Hound Woof
Gothic_Soul.jpg

• Lady Lucille Eleanor Locke is a vampiress. She has been a vampire for 653 years, and as she was 22 when changed, she is now 675 years old in total. She is a straight female.

• Lucille is the quintessential vampire woman. She is tall and slender, with an almost hourglass-like figure. Her skin is pale and as white as snow. She has elegant and defined features, and her eyes have the power to change colour depending on her mind - usually, they are a glossy whitish-blue in colour, but when she's feeling angry or powerful, they can turn red, and when she's feeling anxious or nervous, they can turn a simple shade of blue, which helps her when she needs to blend in with humans.

Lucille's hair is jet black and perfectly straight. She has no bangs and her hair comes down to about her waist. Sometimes she will pull it back, braid it, or tie it up in a bun, but she usually likes to leave it down. Her hairstyle of choice tends to depend on her outfit, as she prefers certain hairstyles with certain outfits.

Lucille typically wears elegant, gothic clothing. She loves lace, and her colour of choice is black, though most of her outfits will have a splash of dark red. She favours long skirts, corsetted tops, and elegant accessories, usually including lace gloves, jewellery, lace veils, and sometimes her velvet cloak.

• Lucille is a gentle-hearted person, as she always has been. She cares deeply about others and doesn't want to hurt anybody. It is for this reason that she keeps feeders with her - two humans, actually a husband and wife, who have made the choice to give themselves over to Lucille. They keep her sated when she is thirsty, and in return, she does the same for them, providing them with food, shelter, clothing, and anything that they need. She is relatively quiet, but her silence is not out of passivity - rather, she prefers to observe and examine all that goes on around her, and to listen to what is being said. She speaks only when she has something important to say.
    Lucille, although she tries to model herself after Queen Arianna in regards to the fairy's kindness, compassion, and generosity, is not without flaws. Arianna's patience, for one, is a quality that Lucille struggles to pick up, as she can be extremely short-tempered when people get on her nerves. She is a very proud woman, and will become angry if she feels insulted or embarrassed in any way. She also lacks humility, thinking very highly of herself. If she feels that somebody is acting foolish, she can sometimes become rather condescending, though she does so without realizing it.

• Lucille, a noblewoman of the Kingdom of Astaeron, is a great and powerful vampiress with an incredible future ahead of her - one day, she will marry a King and become Queen of a magical realm filled with all manners of creatures. She will raise heirs and heiresses to the throne and she will bring about an age of peace and prosperity through her kind rule. That day, however, is not now.
    For now, Lucille is a noblewoman, an assistant to Queen Arianna, after whom she tries to model herself in order to become the best person she can be. She lives in a mansion within the Kingdom, located near the castle, and she is always happy to help newcomers when Arianna is busy.
    Lucille was born in a Kingdom far away, and her life was what one would consider normal. She had a middle class family, her father working hard to support his family. She was raised to be kind and groomed to one day marry a good man. That day never came, however, for one day, she found herself lost in the woods on the way to visit her aunt in a nearby town.
    While stumbling about, trying to find her way, she happened upon a handsome man. Rather than helping her, the man bit her, but before anything more could happen, a hunter from the town to which Lucille was heading scared the man off. The hunter did not know that Lucille had been bitten, and he took her back to town with him, telling her that the woods were filled with all sorts of horrible, violent people. He took Lucille to her aunt's house and then left, telling her aunt nothing of what had happened in the woods.
    Overnight, however, Lucille found herself feeling quite unwell. She was feverish and had broken out in a cold sweat, and she was dizzy and nauseous. Her aunt gave her some herbal medication and put her to bed, and by the time Lucille awoke in the morning, she had changed. She had fangs and her thirst was overwhelming - so overwhelming, in fact, that the instant her aunt arrived to check on her, Lucille attacked her aunt and drank her dry.
    Filled with remorse, Lucille fled into the woods, in search of the man who had bitten her in the hopes that he would be able to help her. She found a different vampire - a woman who was passing through, and was more than willing to take Lucille in. She took care of her, helping her learn to control her urges and to feed without killing or changing others. She even taught Lucille about the history of vampires, so that by the time they parted ways, Lucille knew more about her condition than most who had been vampires their whole lives.
    Lucille stumbled upon Astaeron in her travels, and she decided to stay. She became fast friends with the King and Queen, and almost a big sister role model to the young Princess. She was soon elevated to a noble status, being placed in her mansion with the ability to help the people of the Kingdom. She stayed by Arianna's side through the deaths of both the King and Queen, and as Arianna grew older, they became closer. Lucille found herself deeply admiring Arianna's personality as she matured, and she began to model herself after the young Queen, hoping that she could learn to exhibit some of Arianna's more desirable traits in order to improve upon herself.
    For the last several months, Lucille has been away, travelling. Now, she is returning to her home and her position in the Kingdom, as she has missed it deeply despite enjoying herself on her travels.