The Kingdom of Astaeron (Sign-ups always open!)

Hello, I was curious if I would be able to join your rp. I haven't joined any rps on this site yet, but I have rped for quite a while on other sites. I'm not sure if I;m supposed to ask to join or not because that was the proper etiquette on the other sites, but I haven't seen anyone on here ask to join, they just post their characters. But I figured that I'd prefer to be safe and ask before stepping outt from behind the curtain and joining an rp. Also, if I am allowed to join, you'll have to excuse the fact that I'll most likely be a little rusty. I haven't role played in months.
Of course you're allowed to join, we don't require that you ask :) And believe me, it's fine. I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Invited/referred to Astaeron by: N/A

Name: Stevo Fiendmourner

Species: Fire genasi. A fierce people whose personalities are as raging as the flames they control. They are quick to anger and are generally bitter towards others. Stevo is no exception to this. He just prefers to keep his anger and bitterness shoved behind a metaphorical curtain most of the time.

Physical Description: About 5'11", far too slender than he should be, dark, almost leathery skin, blazing red hair, eyes black as coal that flash red when he's angered, almost always appears as cold and distant. Typically wears a black cloak, but will occasionally wear leather armor if he absolutely has to. He is never seen without his dual swords slung across his back and a few throwing knives on his hip. Besides these weapons, he carries a ceremonial dagger and a glass bottle filled with flames.

Personality: Hardened and cold on the outside, but to those who get close enough to him to crack through his shell,it's apparent that he's incredibly caring and emotional.

Bio/History: Whenever I rp with Stevo, I always do his history in his intro, so I hope that's alright.

Other details: Highly skilled and talented with fire magic. Although not as talented in swordplay, his many years of heavy training have made him an adequate swordsman.

Stevo 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:
Tomus Lyn
Species:
Wrifter: Wrifters are a race of midget shapeshifters with a carefree attitude and a fearless demeanor. They are able to shapeshift into any in their size range, but when going beyond their size range they start risking the possibility of injury or even death as their bodies are have to rearrange to mimic that object or behind. They are well known for causing chaos yet this is merely a stereotype as most do attempt to avoid causing chaos if possible. They are also known for being agile and quick which makes them great runners and when it comes to combat they tend to use their shifting powers to try to gain the advantage. They also have a rival race which are called Cabbpisonus(poisonous cabbages)

Wrifters can also live up to 500 years, but this is a rare occurrence.
Physical Description:
Tomus is a short yet robust Wrifter and unlike other Wrifters he is larger. Tomus's hair and beard is like snow with light brown skin and warm, carefree brown eyes. Tomus also has some scars scattered throughout his body with the most noticeable one being on his forearm. His skin is also rough due to his many misadventures along with dirt sticking to his clothes.
Personality:
Like most Wrifters, Tomus is a carefree and fearless wander who tends to be social. He also tries to avoid causing disorder when possible and likes to show people his 'magic tricks'. Note that some Wrifters like to dabble in many forms of the arcane. Also, Tomus does get angry when refer to him as 'Little Man' and hates it when someone much younger than him thinks they know better. Though, he will begrudgingly admit that youngsters are sometimes right.
Bio/History:
Tomus was born in one of the Wrifter cities in the snowy plains of {Insert Name} and his parents were both nobles. However, due to the carefree atmosphere Tomus ignored the duties of noblemen instead preferring to explore as well as messing around with his friends. A few times this has caused trouble with a non-Wrifter who 'mistakenly' steps on Tomus. These people often received a dagger to the knee area.

One day he met a Wrifter mage called Roland who was serious and focused. The two personalities clashed as Tomus attempted to interact with the loner through various ways that failed. However, Roland finally showed interest in Tomus after a black cat stole his spell book and Tomus fried it with an unintentional fireball. It was then that Tomus learned he was one of the few Wrifters born with magical powers. It was then that Roland offered to train Tomus in the arcane arts where he happily accepted.

Roland knew that doing it the traditional way would only bore Tomus so instead of study he created games that kept Tomus's interest. He also passed his knowledge to Tomus by simply showing him. This unique teaching method taught Tomus a great deal about magic, but he has rarely used it in combat situations. Instead he likes to do shows and tricks with hsi powers.

Afterwards, Tomus left Roland to explore the world where he has such had many misadventures, made friends and enemies, earned a few scars and treasures, and now he finds himself here, in Astaeron.
Other details:
Tomus is more about exploring and making friends rather than duties and honor. He is also faster than most other beings thanks to the way his body works. As for combat, Tomus tries to avoid them yet will gladly take part in a fight.
Picture (if you have one):

His dagger
Robert-shiflett-black-fantasy-typhoon-hook-dagger.jpg

His armor

09007486%20tunic%20fantasy%20armor%20metalic%20leather%20scales%20cotton%20sleeves%20leather%20belt%20C36.JPG

His Backpack
gw_2_engineer__s_backpack_by_haikai13-d4boh8e.jpg

images

Reactions: Mosaic
Archwar, you're accepted and good to go! Zarrock, you are missing a tiny detail in your bio. And no, it's not the bio, I'm fine with you doing it in your intro! :D

Invited/referred to Astaeron by: N/A
Name: Harman Metzger
Species: Human
Physical Description: Harman stands about 5' 11" and is about 160 pounds, though his favored suit of armor makes him look about twenty or more pounds heavier than that. Harman has fair skin and a muscular frame. He has very short dark brown hair and green eyes. He usually has a stern look in his eyes and carries himself in a manner that suggests he's confident enough in his abilities.

Personality: He prefers to keep a professional demeanor when talking to civilians and allies, even if he does use it to come across as blunt in some discussions. He enjoys pitting himself against evil and all kinds of other foes. When in combat sometimes he will boast and brag to psyche himself up and to demoralize weaker-willed opponents. He also enjoys working a forge, making armor and weapons. He dislikes talking about why he an ex-member of his Paladin order, believing it was personal failure to act on his part that caused the order to be disbanded. Because of this he hides that fact from people, instead acting as if he is just a regular mercenary or just a gifted smith.

Bio/History: Harman's parents were both part of a paladin order, so it was only natural he would follow in their footsteps. His days were spent with training and nights with studying his order's code of conduct. When he was ten years old he became an apprentice blacksmith on the side. When he was 15 he was granted official membership, becoming a Paladin like his parents. Five years later he was sent out on a mission from the High Paladin, and came home to see his home and comrades being slaughtered. Despite all their effort only he was the only one to survive. Being the last member, the group was disbanded. This and a few other events made him eventually lose his paladinhood Harman has spent the remainder of his time wandering, working as a knight errant when he couldn't find use for his smithing skills. He's not entirely how he got here, but has decided whining about it will accomplish nothing.

Other details:
- Being a proficient smith allows him be able to make armor and weapons, assuming he has access to a forge and the materials to make them.
-He had the abilities channel holy energy into a damaging force against evil before he became an ex-paladin. If he ever becomes a paladin again maybe he will get it back.
- He prefers to use a war hammer as his standard weapon.
- His time in a military organization has given him the knowledge and skill to be an adequate fighter.

ReaperofSouls_Crusader.jpg

(I swear if my wireless keyboard keeps screwing up this is gonna be it's last curtain call.)

Reactions: Mosaic
Corey, you're good, lol. I'll have you and Archwar on the character list in a few hours but you're free to start whenever.

After your first reminder. I thought it was fine to just have it in when I introduced myself, so I left it out of the bio at first.
Ahh, alright. Well, you're good then :) I'll have you up when I get on the computer... I promised yesterday morning to the others that it would be before work but I didn't end up getting the chance to get on my computer, lol, so no promises, but just when I get there...then I'll have you all on the list. You're free to begin anyways.

Oh man i signed up for this and have not made a intro post in forever man sorry lala i got real busy.

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Yes, of course! You're bound to figure it out as you go, and we're happy to help if you have any questions.

Name: William of Cam
Physical Description: William is a rather scrawny young man with jet black hair that covers a small scar above his left eyebrow, the only mark on his otherwise unblemished face. He is 6'1 but rather skinny, meaning his not often wanted for manual labour. However, he earns a living playing the lute, which he carries on his back at all times. His only other possessions are the clothes he is wearing. He walks with a slight limp on his right side due to the loss of his foot, of which he never speaks.
Personality: Hailing from a land far from Astaeron, he is often rather mysterious. Otherwise, he speaks deliberately and sings confidently of the things he has seen and the battles he claims he has fought. His tales may be sorrowful or fantastical, but they always attract a crowd.
Bio/History: Having being raised in a land he refers to only as 'Cam', he had never seen the Kingdom of Astaeron until the age of 19. The other citizens know little about him as he only tells as much as he sings. He often sings of battles but others rarely believe him for his young age. At some point he lost his right foot but he has never told anybody about it.
Other details: He seems to have a disliking of dogs. He says he had to flee Cam and has never looked back.
Picture: I don't have one :(
Have I read the rules?: I curtain-ly have.

I'm sorry if this is too little

It's good, welcome! I'll have you on the character list momentarily!

Curtains

Name: Peural Angst Agnew

Physical Description: Tall and lean would be the best way to describe him upon first glance. Sporting long, shaggy, brown hair, his eyes are barely visible at times, though when they are, they are a beautiful cerulean blue that reflects light very brightly. A thin layer of facial hair can be seen on his chin, but he keeps it trimmed as best as he can. He doesn't have the biggest muscles, but he is well toned and keeps himself in shape year-round. He has long legs that are well built for endurance and short bursts of speed. He isn't too badly scarred, but those he does bear came from years of training and are only short cuts, usually around his left arm.

Personality: Noble and regal are the two best words to describe him. He takes pride in many things, though large achievements he consider to be especially pride-worthy. He considers himself 'honor-bound' to be the best warrior he can be, training year-round to hone his abilities, and keeping a scheduled time of year to learn new techniques. He is always willing to learn new things, be it something extremely useful to most minute of abilities. One of his downfalls is his brutal honesty and the fact that he won't hold what he thinks of you back.

Bio/History: Born into money, Peural was always privaleaged, and he has never experienced punishment, but he never. Has had a need to. A darker side to him, though, is his very conception. His mother was raped, and though she always loved him, she feared that he would someday become just like his biological father, therefore she named him of fear. His name derives from the french word for fear. For five years, during his childhood, he trained to become a knight, and is now a formidable swordsman, some may even call him a master.

Other details: He can usually be seen wearing a light linen shirt with leather padding over top of it, though before he goes into battle he changes into heavy steel armor. He wields an entricatly carved silver sword and a heavy shield.

Accepted and good to go, I've got you on the list. Welcome!