The IBIF Chronicals

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concrete's face lightened up when Tybalt came into his view, and when the lights were turned on. Now this place felt way more pleasant. When Tybalt told him he should wear clothes, he tilted his head with an inquiring expression. 'How is it that you never complained about my lack of clothes back there, and now they're so important?' But the question was just out of curiosity, and he grabbed the clothes anyway to put them on.

Once he was fully dressed, he wandered around the place, until a power outlet caught his attention. He kind of felt like that thing was similar to the things Tybalt had used to feed him. Remembering humans ate with their mouths, he brought his mouth closer to the outlet, and put the tip of his tongue inside one of the little holes. Feeling how energy started to flow towards him, he made a delighted noise, and lied there, sucking energy out of the outlet, at a pace slow enough so that he wasn't straining the system.

"Because before we were not alone in the same room and now we are." Gerhard did not count as not alone. Tybalt was about to warn Concrete NOT to do that with the outlet, but then he seemed to be okay so he said nothing. Instead he went towards the kitchen to cook something. He was starving. Gerhard came into the kitchen also to ask him a few questions before he went off to a different room to work on some computer things that Tybalt needed. "So... Concrete... if we're going to leave this place again you're really going to have to learn how to act more... well... human."

Concrete stayed on the floor, taking power from the outlet, until he sensed Tybalt speaking to him. 'Leaving this place as in... Leaving but not going back to my confinement room?'

Now that he had a proper set of eyes, he liked to have Tybalt within view while they talked, so he got up and went to the kitchen, where he instantly started wandering and checking everything out. 'The only humans I know are the two of you, and the people I saw in my confinement room. We can add what I saw on the televisions. My observations on human behaviour say I don't have to say most of what I think, I have to be violent, kill other humans and living beings in general, stay hours and hours in front of a computer, care a lot about how I look like, walk on my two feet, sigh constantly, use sarcasm, and treat badly those humans with... With the bulges here.' He added that last bit pressing his hands against his chest, unknowingly exposing the sexism women in science related fields were often exposed to, that he had often seen where he was captured.

'I have a good grasp on human behaviour in my op-- OH.WHAT'S.THAT.' He was now cheerful, and excited, both for being kind of free and for having consumed some energy, and he was delighted when he noticed the stove's burners. He went to touch the fire coming from them, and when his hand got close, the fire, instead of going up, inclined towards Concrete's hand. He giggled and played with the fire, bringing his hand closer and farther, watching the fire move.

Tybalt frowned and then shook his head as Concrete went on and on about mostly behaviors he shouldn't pick up. "No, no, youve been - thats H-" Both of his sentences were cut short first because he thought that Concrete was going to hurt himself and second because he didn't hurt himself. He watched Concrete do that for a moment and then sighed.

"Like that, for instance. I don't mind if you do it when its just me and Gerhard but if we're out somewhere you can't be doing stuff like that. You have to learn.... our limitations. And also most of that stuff on tv you should forget about." he shook his head. "Thats all bad stuff, and like, yeah, we do it, but you shouldn't. We shouldn't, for the most part." Picking up a wooden spoon he poked at the pasta he was making to make sure it wasn't going to stick together. "And don't treat people badly no matter what they look like." He thought about this a moment before he amended; "Unless they treat you badly first, I guess...." Tybalt was not exactly a turn the other cheek sort of person.

'I thought you didn't want me to learn your limitations because then I could carry that information back to my people so we can destroy you or something.' Concrete said while he played with the fire, getting better at showing through his voice when he was joking.

'What acts count as treating someone badly in your world?' Concrete said finally turning away from the fire. He tilted his head, looking at Tybalt, and then took a step closer. And another one. And soon he was moving from Tybalt's back to his side and leaning towards his front, examining him. He had never took the time to examine a human face closely.

Unaware of awkwardness, he was observing Tybalt's ear only a few millimetres away from it. 'Are those things on your face... holes?' he asked referring to the nose and ears.

Tybalt's eyebrows drew together as Concrete got so close to him, but he attempted to just... let him look. It was just really hard not feeling self conscious or bumping in to him in order to stir the pasta or make the sauce he was working on. "I guess so..." he answered about the holes, kind of amused that Concrete had been joking when he said the thing about limitations.

"As for treating someone badly... I guess that would be being rude or disrespectful to them, hurting them, ignoring them... stuff like that." He attempted to explain, sure he'd left about a million things out. Hopefully that would crop up sooner rather than later and not do much damage to someone else. "Also we, as humans, like a bit of personal space." He added. "For the most part."

'I've noticed. With the amount of things you send out of the planet.' Concrete replied, misunderstanding Tybalt's use of the word "space". 'So how do I hurt someone?'

After examining Tybalt's ear all he wanted, he tilted his head to examine his neck closely. There, were the hair stopped being so dense and eventually there were sparse hairs here and there, examining closely, Concrete noticed the hairs weren't one with the skin. They looked more like they were sticking into it. He'd have to fix that on himself. 'Amazing...' He whispered, fascinated by the intricate details of the outer appearance of the human body.

Tybalt snorted rather than laughed at Concrete's misunderstanding. "No, I mean...." Taking his hands, he gently put them on Concrete's shoulders and pushed him backwards lightly. Then he moved his hand in the space between himself and Concrete. "This kind of personal space. Not all the time, but most of the time. Okay? And why do you want to know how to hurt someone? Because to answer that is an extremely... exhaustive list...."

Concrete seemed surprised when he was pushed back, but then he nodded in understanding. When Tybalt asked about the reason behind, his question, he brought his hand back to the stove, this time grabbing the burner, and the fire still didn't do anything to him, just went around his hand. 'You seemed to think like this... Pretty thing would hurt me. But it doesn't. Apparently there are many things that hurt you that don't hurt me. Without that knowledge, it's probable I'll hurt someone by accident, right?'

He then looked at the pasta Tybalt was making. This activity was something he had never seen a human doing. They never put cooking shows in his televisions. 'What are you doing?'

"Well thats true. And yes, touching fire would hurt me." He answered. "I guess we'll just kind of have to... get to those things when we get to them. Maybe just, don't do something to someone without their permission first, okay?" That was probably a good rule of thumb.

"I'm making food." he answered. "Pasta, specifically. Gerhard and I are both hungry. You can have some too, if you want, but you have to wait until its done." This was almost like explaining things to a child. Just... a very very intelligent child.

'Okay.' Concrete nodded again to show he understood. When Tybalt told him he could eat if he wanted to, he had to remind him 'I told you I can't eat like you. I never figured out how to do it.'

While Tybalt kept cooking, Concrete was awkwardly leaning to the side, trying to catch more of Tybalt's face in his range of view. Thinking for a bit about how to ask for permission, he finally asked 'Can I examine your mouth?'

Tybalt had forgotten about that, and he had no clue how to get Concrete to figure out how to eat either. That was just something he couldn't exactly explain. He was very aware of Concrete staring at him though, and mostly he just tried to stick to his cooking and focus on that. That was, until Concrete asked if he could look at his mouth. "Er... I... guess so?" He reluctantly agreed. He put down his spoon and then faced Concrete, not really sure what to do apart from open his mouth, so that is what he did.

Concrete closed the space between them again to examine Tybalt's mouth closely. He was surprised to find another hole in there, with a weird thingy hanging there. Just as the hair, the teeth seemed to be going inside that pink stuff (gums?), and eventually saw that nothing was shiny, in reality everything was wet by some weird liquid in Tybalt's mouth. He created a liquid that looked like saliva for himself. Then he added the texture he could see on Tybalt's tongue. Eventually he grabbed Tybalt's head with both of his hands, since the man wouldn't stop moving. Little did Concrete know he couldn't help it, since Tybalt had to breathe.

'Later, while you're eating, can I scan your body? I want to figure out how to eat.' Concrete asked, looking like he was in deep concentration.

Tybalt eventually grew tired of holding his mouth open and closed it again, pulling his head away from Concrete's hands gently. "So long as thats not going to hurt, I guess I don't mind." Tybalt answered. There were about a million things Concrete still needed to know. Just thinking about it was a little exhausting. Hopefully Concrete would learn them quickly though, and without too much intrusion into his or Gerhard's personal lives...

'It won't hurt, I promise. It'll be the same like when I copied your eyes.' Concret said nodding his head. To let Tybalt be more at ease, he didn't wander around anymore. Also this way he could see the man cooking, even if he didn't understand the process at all. Since he guessed Tybalt wouldn't mind if he started the scanner now instead of during dinner, he started the long process of scanning what Concrete would later call Tybalt's digestive system, so he could make a replica for himself. Keeping his mind busy like that, he stayed quiet until Tybalt was done cooking, observing him the whole time.

Tybalt nodded his head, and when Concrete started scanning him he didn't even notice. Once dinner was done cooking he mixed up the noodles into the sauce and then dished it out into two bowls. He went to the computer room to give Gerhard his pasta and then sat down next to Gerhard to check out the screens too. He let Concrete come with him so that he could scan or do... whatever it was he was doing. "Find anything?" Tybalt asked Gerhard. He shook his head and frowned.

Concrete followed Tybalt into the room Gerhard was in, approaching them with caution since he still was a bit afraid of the man. He eyed the computer curiously, and overcoming his fear, when under the desk where the computer was so he could check out the computer's cords. After a close examination, he sensed the computer was eating constantly trough those cords. After introducing himself, the computer made clear he couldn't touch those cords under any circumstances while she was working, and he obeyed.

He stayed under the desk to scan Gerhard's body. The man's organs were bigger, but essentially the same as Tybalt's. He payed attention to how they chewed food, and how they swallowed. Once he had the replicas in his body, he tried mimicking those actions.

When he felt ready, he came from under the desk, and crawled up to Tybalt. 'Can I have some?' he asked, pointing at the bowl of pasta.

Gerhard glanced at Concrete occasionally, but mostly he and Tybalt paid attention to the computer screens. Tybalt did make sure that Concrete wasn't going to mess up the computers, and when he came away from them he felt a little better about things. Concrete was kind of like a dog, leering out at them from under the desk, but when Concrete asked to try the pasta and came back out, Tybalt nodded. He speared a few of the penne onto his fork and then gave it to Concrete. With his luck, Concrete's fake saliva would be poison to him or something and he'd die after eating from the same fork, but he'd take that chance. A sucky way to go, but he'd take that chance.

Concrete eyed the food timidly. He had no idea if it looked good or not. Gathering his courage, he moved closer, and took the fork into his mouth with his eyes closed tightly. His eyes opened in surprise, when he was invaded by the sensations of his new sense, the sense of taste. Now, to his understanding, humans could gain energy by eating. And they had chosen such an impractical method, because it was extremely pleasurable.

'Hmm~ I really like it!' his cheerful voice sounded inside both men's minds while he chewed on his food. With some effort, because it was his first time, he swallowed down the food, and he crawled even closer to Tybalt, so now his hands and chin where on Tybalt's leg. 'Can I have more please?' It was clear in his face and his eyes that he was very happy.

Tybalt studied Concrete's face as he tasted the food, a small smile appearing on his face when Concrete said that he liked it. "Er, yeah. You can just have the rest of mine if you want." He answered It was a little awkward around Concrete sometimes. Like now when he put his head and hands on his leg. He tried not to let it bother him though. He handed Concrete the bowl and the fork. He was pretty much done with his anyway, and if he got hungry later he'd just find a snack.

Status
Not open for further replies.